Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali bursted out into laughter upon Blitz's booping of the professor. She knew better than to do a train sound in here for that would be way too disruptive. It was clear that Blitz had a positive act upon her mood. "My my! You are quite the entertaining little filly..." she spoke as her laughter wore down. "I really hope we aren't intruding on this place...I think it might be best if we plan to leave shortly and check on Molotov. Maybe he is already awake by now." Cali spoke, trying to change the topic.

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Blitz Boom

Light was still not used to seeing the new Cali. but he didn't want it to feel weird between them, so he tries to shrug the discomfort he feels around the new Cali.

"... you know what Blitz? Cali's right... should we check on your brother?... I also wanna hear more on what happened to your family... alot of things don't add up between you and your brothers story..." 

@Blitz Boom

On 2021-09-23 at 6:49 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"If you want to speak about Uddo, then please be my guest. He seems like an interesting character. And one with importance to you."

Omen just nodded along to things, including notions that her box would last for a long time. As she had no semblance of time, or mortality all that much, saying something lasted a long time meant little to her. Discord for example, had said his reign would last forever, but it were only a few short years into her being made, that it were gone. Some things did not last long. Other things, she had seen, and could remember from back when Discord rules Equestria. It were strange sometimes.

“I’ll tell you what I know. Uddo wasn’t from the village where Lin and I grew up, and I guess you can say even my father didn’t grow up in the same place he settled in. Father was mentored by Uddo, and for the longest time, they worked together as partners. Back then, uncle was a well-known woodworker who had high expectations from his students… very high, more like. He only took in the best, the ones who had the most potential. Some even said he had a sour personality that rubbed many the wrong way. I guess even he loosened up in time because I don’t see that in him. He didn’t say it, but I suspect that when father befriended him, he slowly became someone different.”

“Whoever he was then and who he is now didn’t seem to affect his skill though. He’s still quite the woodworker. Anyone who bought custom furniture from him could attest to his products’ quality. Uncle once made simple furniture and tools, but there were times he was asked to build homes. Maybe he won’t be as averse to making some hidden rooms for you, huh? It might sound strange, but he might not resist an odd request now and again.”

There was a lot to unpack from Uddo’s history. Having a child grow up outside of the forest where he once lived hinted at something more. If someone were to tell the siblings that the aging woodworker had a prickly personality, they wouldn’t have believed them. The longma they met in the store was friendly, but time likely changed him more than anyone would want to admit. Some part of the old Uddo may still exist, but it was doubtful if it would ever manifest again. Perhaps Kiba might know a thing or two, but that was a conversation for another time. 

Sen would continue to chat and narrate to the group as they reached the town center, and when the strange cat made its presence known, the siblings would focus their attention on it. Admittedly, Rosa’s words fo caution seemed a little ludicrous. Even after meeting some changelings, them being able to transform was believable enough until the siblings tried to imagine a changeling as big as them shapeshifting into… well, a tiny cat. 

On 2021-09-23 at 6:49 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Before we follow the suspiciously conveniently appearing cat, I would just like to point out that a classic changeling move, is to lure others away from the crowd, and into ambushes."

They were still gonna follow though, but he just wanted it out there, to keep them alert. And he knew they were going, because Omen were almost over at the cat already, because she simply had no sense of danger, or paranoia. *sigh* This were gonna end up being her demise someday. Assuming she could actually die.

“You’re kidding, right? I get that we should be cautious, but could a changeling really change its appearance into something as small as that cat?”

“I guess debating doesn’t matter now because Omen’s following it. Come on, let’s not let them out of sight.”

The cat was perceptive of this group, though it mainly noticed Omen inching closer. That was enough of a signal for it to begin running left behind the corner, then right across the street. It would move through the narrower side streets around the town center, always making sure the group was in sight before proceeding further. Eventually, it would come to a stop at a litter box outside a store, and the smells of freshly baked bread and pastries would greet the group. No ambush and nothing sinister, only the sight and smell of what they were looking for. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Tepe wasn't sure whether Sorrow's saying the truth of is trying to cover something up. A griffon is still practically a magic user, but said magic is used for their wings and the ability to walk on clouds; they might resemble pegasi but not the unicorns. But Razor...h-he just literally walked into a walk!

But he did not want to make his companions panic, but he was still suspicious of them.

“Interesting. I haven't heard about that stuff before. It looks like my village is very outdated when it comes to knowing Equestria's technology”

The mare looks at where Pop is pointing, her gaze surprisingly softened, “I was just about to ask if you saw any crime being committed. Thank you for your help, citizen" the guard galloped pass the diamond dog, heading to the empty alleyway, narrowly saving Flinty and her gang from detection.

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Kujamih

------

Luna tried to gather all important she got from their conversation concerning the mysterious case of the disappearance of an entire town. Blitz had mentioned several guards are involved and she even said about a wreck, perhaps the local junkyard? Also, why hadn't she heard about this odd and mysterious case?

I think it has something to do with my rank in the royal guard. After all, not all guards should be informed.

Luna felt an arrow of disappointment pierce her heart.

On 2021-09-18 at 7:46 AM, Cali said:

What Blitz just spoke of made Cali tear up a bit. Her human form shifts down back into an equine form after the boop although this time the colors are different. Cali is still an alicorn but instead of red eyes her eyes are more of a calm mint green color. Her coat was purple with her mane being a mix of pink and mint green. No cutie mark on her flank. Whatever Blitz said there made her tear up. "Y-you have a special gift, young filly. Many in my world, and those beyond do not have what you have...while you may be uncontrollable at some moments you are special. You have that ability to move on from what is bad, and you have the ability to smile despite the wrongs of the world." Cali said, her eyes streaming silently. No sniffles, though. 

Cali smiled wearily, not understanding what wood puppy was but she got the gist of it. Her eyes met the level of Blitz. "Look, take it from someone who has seen unimaginable horrors, and crossed dimensions, you are gifted. You have that deft innocence that so many yearn for. I miss my days of youth, I'm sure that you will to when you grow older. Cherish these times in your life. You won't have others like them. What I say to others a lot is, enjoy your happiness while you have it. Enjoy everything while it lasts." her smile got slightly wider.

Blitz indeed has the ability to stay and act positively even in the most traumatic times in her life, something which Luna noticed when the little filly talked about too casually. She's not a psychologist but she thought that was not normal at all. In common cases of trauma, foals tend to cry....not jumping out for joy. Or she could be wrong and that's how Blitz copes with her hidden depression. Even Cali broke into tears. Blitz would eventually comfort the grown-up,

On 2021-09-21 at 6:43 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Today is full of fun!"

"I suppose so, yes. But might I ask that you please take that fun elsewhere? You're standing at a critical point in the museum, and we do have guests."

Seriously, if someone can be positive enough to take the role of a psychiatrist, that would be Blitz. But it seemed her therapy is only useful to Cali as they are still inside the museum, a place of history; not consoling. Luna couldn't help but wave back awkwardly at the filly even as the professor from before wasn't amused at all. And was later booped. She would turn to regard Cloudwatcher, snorting as the mare was taking this very well along with Blue; the latter pointing a hoof at the professor and laughing too loud. Sometimes, Blue can be a bit of a...Rainbow Dash sometimes.

“Bwahahahaha, you should see the look on your face, professor!”

Despite feeling embarrassed for her friend's attitude, Luna barely hid a chuckle.

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Starforce

On 2021-09-23 at 1:26 AM, Magnolia said:

"I appreciate your time and I appreciate your help. May our paths cross again when both her and I are more ready. Then, shall we complete the challenge as you intend. I will remember what you have said for a lifetime. My words may not do yours much justice, but my actions in the future hopefully will speak more prominently. The question that I have in mind will be asked in due time...naturally." she took a hoof step forward towards the portal.

She gave Fright a parting glance as her shadows formed a sort of hat on her head. With her hoof she would tip the hat to Fright and bow. "Until we meet again. Be well." she said in a humble manner and stepped through the portal before Fright could reply. Perhaps she wanted to leave what she had spoke to Fright to reign within the air - to signify the value of her word. Whatever the case were, she were now on the other side. The shadow on her head would vanish as she stepped through.

Fright had no words to send the troubled mare off with, yet when Magnolia turned back, she would find that Fright, and those in attendance, were gathering their front limbs together, and giving her a respectful bow. Not all at once, but from front til back, starting with Fright, and going in a way backwards, though she'd likely not see it from all, before she vanished. It may amuse her to some degree though, to see that the dragon too followed troop, despite you might thinking a creature of such impressive size and pride, would refuse to. The temple truly did ease many things.

Not everyone understood that. They knew what Fright were, and were worried and scared of even getting near, despite what others might say. They thought she'd treat them as toys, or envelop them in a nightmare that never ended, but when it came down to it, why would she? She were sustained, and thrived, on fear. And all who came to her, had plenty of that, which they willingly gave to her. Exposed in all its many forms for her to gorge upon. And it wasn't as if she never used it against others. She manifested their fears to them, in the proper areas, for them to be confronted by.

The way she went about things, were helpful, but one should never forget, that she were the Spirit of Fear, and all that had truly changed, were how she applied that, and come to the level where she showed, and received, a healthy amount of respect from the mortals in her presence. Which in the end, were not just beneficial to everyone, but kept her from being attacked by say, element wearers, and provided her far more fear than she ever had before, as she didn't need to travel for it. All she'd need, would come to her. That were the most important lessons her old friend had taught her, and she gave praise to his name every day, for showing her how she could become whole. May he rest soundly, and his bloodline remember his greatness, though they likely long since forgot of him.

On 2021-09-23 at 1:26 AM, Magnolia said:

fter stepping through she would look back and lament upon what just happened silently. After a moment or two she would approach Zeehva. "I got lost, I am sorry if I startled you but I have a lot to tell you about where I was and where I ended up. I met Fright again at the temple and she was able to portal me back here. I hope you are well." Magnolia smiled to Zeehva, eager to see her again.

Zeehva didn't jump. She had expected that Magnolia were somewhere nearby by now, though she did raise an eyebrow, as she heard where the mare had been. That she had not expected to hear.

"I'm fine, but you ended up in her temple? That must've been a special trip. Please, do tell about it. I'm, just boiling so water so I can get started on a few elixirs. It's actually good timing you got back, so you can see the process when it starts. I'm sure I can teach you all manners of things.

But uhm... T-Teaching, right. Did you got through some of that? I've heard about meditation temples before, but I guess, with draconequui, it's not the same. Right?"

===============================================================

@EQ_Theta

14 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I’ll tell you what I know. Uddo wasn’t from the village where Lin and I grew up, and I guess you can say even my father didn’t grow up in the same place he settled in. Father was mentored by Uddo, and for the longest time, they worked together as partners. Back then, uncle was a well-known woodworker who had high expectations from his students… very high, more like. He only took in the best, the ones who had the most potential. Some even said he had a sour personality that rubbed many the wrong way. I guess even he loosened up in time because I don’t see that in him. He didn’t say it, but I suspect that when father befriended him, he slowly became someone different.”

“Whoever he was then and who he is now didn’t seem to affect his skill though. He’s still quite the woodworker. Anyone who bought custom furniture from him could attest to his products’ quality. Uncle once made simple furniture and tools, but there were times he was asked to build homes. Maybe he won’t be as averse to making some hidden rooms for you, huh? It might sound strange, but he might not resist an odd request now and again.”

"There is one factor we haven't been able to evaluate yet, when it comes to Uddo: That being his wife. I am not saying that your father did not have a healthy influence upon his attitude, but it may also be that the wife have managed to bring a calming presence, and firm hoof that helped him to steer towards being more mellow and approachable. That, and having kids do tend to change a creature. The stories I heard of my own father before he had me, seems so incomparable, compared to the stallion I knew him as.

And he definitely have skill, that he's teaching ell to his son. I wouldn't show sincere interest in purchasing a piece, if it were not related to a job, or a personal appreciation of the craftsmanship. And I can assure you, that I am not currently working a job. The pieces in there are stunning, and the theme will help me combat some degree of homesickness I feel at times. Only for the area though. Not so much most of those who live within it.

As for requests, I again, prefer to do so myself, if need be. I may not be a woodsman, but I do have some expertise in that particular area."

He'd prefer not to elaborate in public, but they should have some idea of what he meant. He had crafted traps before, and spoke of having to hide things. Realistically, he should be able to craft something that looked well himself, as what point would there be in him having to find help for this kind of thing all the time? Plus, it'd leave a trail of paperwork and evidence. He were keen on neither.

19 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“You’re kidding, right? I get that we should be cautious, but could a changeling really change its appearance into something as small as that cat?”

“I guess debating doesn’t matter now because Omen’s following it. Come on, let’s not let them out of sight.”

The cat was perceptive of this group, though it mainly noticed Omen inching closer. That was enough of a signal for it to begin running left behind the corner, then right across the street. It would move through the narrower side streets around the town center, always making sure the group was in sight before proceeding further. Eventually, it would come to a stop at a litter box outside a store, and the smells of freshly baked bread and pastries would greet the group. No ambush and nothing sinister, only the sight and smell of what they were looking for. 

"Changelings can change into anything around the same, or smaller size than them. Most try not to go too small, as they'd then be easier to accidentally get themselves killed, but small animals are not unheard of, provided there are no predators in the area. You may think it sounds ridiculous, but that is exactly why it works for them. No one takes it serious before it's too late, and then... Well, you're never heard from again, lest you're able to fight.

It might not be it now, but mark my words: Never underestimate the adaptability of a hungry changeling. I'd warn Omen of the same, but I feel fairly certainly if she were faced with a sign saying *Certain death*, she would go that way, simply to find out what were there."

The trip as they followed the cat were mostly dons silently, and with Rosa on edge most of the trip. He still weren't convinced this wasn't a trap of some sort, though as they eventually got to a bakery, and the cat wandered near a litter box, he felt less suspicious. He still wasn't one hundred percent sure this wasn't a rouse though. Especially if Kitsune were involved. They'd do this just for the laugh, as any customers would come in, and bite down into a ball of moss, or something.

"It seems I may be mistaken, and this is the bakery we sought... Peculiar feline that one."

"Good cat."

Omen looked at the cat, once more parroting something she heard from others. IN this case, the rare compliment towards a cat doing something good. Compared to compliments towards dogs at least, she didn't hear it as often. Though she didn't go over to try and pet the cat. She'd just look at it, and if it wandered inside, would follow, lead on like a fish downstream.

============================================================================

@Windy Breeze

12 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

“Interesting. I haven't heard about that stuff before. It looks like my village is very outdated when it comes to knowing Equestria's technology”

"It's not really technology though. It's a meditating thing. I don't really understand it much, but apparently, if you get really good at it, you can sort of project a copy of sorts, of yourself, to wander around. It's pretty weird actually seeing it too, but rare as it is, it's historical. Maybe I can find a book showing it to you eventually."

Which she probably could, as this were indeed something that were historically, and anecdotally, something that could happen. It however, also tended to only be a visual, and nothing that could say, slam somepony with a frying pan, so she'd have to lie a little bit if it were. A little white lie, to spare him having a bit of an existential crisis, about Razor.

She did hope sort of that he'd return soon though. Sure she were not thrilled about what he had done before, but she were getting concerned about Cimex. She hadn't seemed like the sort who'd stay away for this long, when she had something going on like baking tarts.

12 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

The mare looks at where Pop is pointing, her gaze surprisingly softened, “I was just about to ask if you saw any crime being committed. Thank you for your help, citizen" the guard galloped pass the diamond dog, heading to the empty alleyway, narrowly saving Flinty and her gang from detection.

"Have guard pony found bad sound makers?"

Pop followed the guard mare, wanting to keep an eye on her, and making sure she did not find the others. Bad things if they did get caught. Worse if they then tried to put blame on her, though if it came down to it, she would be more likely to help the guard pony, as it would keep her safer. The others wouldn't dare to anger Mistress Needle, and she had been clear on what to do, if things went like this. Very clear. No problems, only do solutions, that kept safe.

As for the others, surely it couldn't be this easy, right? None of them - including Pop - knew about the true nature of Cimex, but Changelings were powerful magic and illusion users, as well as able to change shape and size. Surely she wouldn't be dealt with this easily.

Or perhaps the bash to her head had been better than one would think. Hard to tell.

==================================================================================

@Windy Breeze @Kujamih @Starforce

"Yey! We go check up on big bro!"

She jumped down, and were about to run off, when Stargazer jumped forth, and got hold of the energetic filly, that had been about to run off. Which seemed to be a recurring theme. And it wasn't because she was a bad filly, or had evil plans. She just had little in the sense of self control, so when she set herself up to do something, she just straight up went for it, without thinking much about whatever or not she should be doing other things. Like waiting for the adults, or try not to get lost.

"Hey, wait for us, okay?"

"Hehe, seeing big bro, having lots of fun."

She'd wriggle around in the grip, until hopefully one of the magic users would get a hold of her. Preferably Cali. Cloudwatcher couldn't wander around like this.

"Somepony please take her from my grip?"

When they did, they could start to leave, and head towards the big hospital, though of course, through the museum, and the town, they'd get looks. Mostly from Cali, due to her insisting on being presenting herself as an alicorn. Though before they'd leave, the professor would have something to say. Not something overly importtant perhaps, but still.

"It's been a... Hmm, peculiar? Yes, peculiar visit. Please come again another time, when she is less hyperactive.

And might I please ask you to refrain from laughing so openly at me? I understand the... Hmmm, antics of foals can be amusing, but surely it's not that funny?"

Nitpick were a bit of a dry one, when it came to humor, but he had his things. Being booped were not one of them though, and honestly, at least have the decency to attempt holding it back, as Cloudwatcher, or Luna did. It were simply polite, even if Cloudwatcher's attempt at hiding this were poor. The mare had a thing of wearing her emotions quite visibly, as one might say. Blue did so too sadly, but seemed to not have a filter to keep in some of it. Reminded him of Rainbow Dash in some way, and considering his views on her antics, it were not the most flattering thing to think. His disapproving glance, before moving his sight elsewhere, told well too, that he wasn't finding this as amusing as Blue did.

"I have a fear this is a constant for her, professor. But thank you. I'll be back in a few days, like you asked me to. I'm really curious about what you found under Deltrot's western outback."

"I think it will be of great interest to you as well. And remember, my offer stands should you wish to finally lay down this armor of yours."

He'd wander of if there were nothing else, mumbling something about needed to check the cages, lest he were interrupted, giving the rest easy access to leave.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

The Gemling and the Earth pony looked at each other as they took in what Enzo told them. They didn't expect him to get so melancholy while flying away from the big city and weren't sure of how to deal with it. Karmic took a breath and shuddered in an effort to quell her future sight from activating. She didn't want to know what lay ahead if Enzo was feeling this dear.

"Wha ... uh ... how about we turn that frown upside down? We could do something you want. What is it you've always wanted to do?" Karmic asked with a quick shake of her head. Atzy simply watched and patted the shoulder she was sitting on with a hoof.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight looked between them both as they answered her questions. She flicked her ears a couple of times as she pondered it and coughed a bit to clear her throat.

"What was it you were trying to get from the Shrine Maidens?" Twilight asked before wincing and blushing in embarrassment. "Sorry, Last, it's probably restricted information you don't give to outsiders."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Whaaaat is going on here?" Aurora asked in complete surprise, staring with a slackjaw at the wonderment around them. She couldn't believe what was she was seeing and all her scared feelings were blown away. She simply looked happy and turned around on the spot to stare at all the things going on around them. "Ooo, maybe we could just stay here for a while? This looks so cool!"

@Blitz Boom

DAZZLE GLEAM

"The last time I saw them?" Dazzle repeated in shock. She was taken aback by the question but supposed it made sense, given how she wanted to see them again after being away for so long. "Well ... from what I remember, they were both sad at me leaving. But they were happy too because I was, well, coming here to Ponyvill and the three of us thought it wouldn't take long. Like a few days, maybe a week. Not years," she said after thinking it over. "... seeing Scarcity to see if she has anything about my parents would mean a lot. You're pretty silent though. You didn't make a sound when you set the table. You don't have to be shy around me but ... I guess trusting a hybrid you just met is a bit too much to ask."

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"Ha," Dawn laughed at his reaction and chuckled a bit. She did blink at the flowers and ducked her head a bit. She didn't expect the dragon to have flowers in saddlebags. She didn't expect dragons to have saddlebags and opened and closed her mouth a couple of times. "Who are the flowers for?"

@Blitz Boom

“Hmm… Uncle didn’t really go into much detail on his wife, or partner as he prefers to call her. He mentioned she was away on a business trip and won’t be back for some time. Said something about meeting someone who’d supply more wood for furniture before going to Manehattan for a… convention? It’s for showcasing their products. Other than that, he didn’t say.”

But the conversation would have to be put on hold when the siblings would follow Omen and the cat around winding streets and buildings that looked identical to where they were planning to go. A bakery, and by the looks of it, a pretty decently sized one. Racks upon racks of different baked goods were on display, featuring kinds of bread that they never saw before. Sen recalled some past experiences with donut shops, and thought this was rather similar. One could see several racks of cream puffs, likely the same ones brought up by Kiba earlier.

The cat, however, would look at Omen and stare for a moment before winding its way around her legs, rubbing along them with its tail up. Once done, it would go inside and rest on a pet bed by the door. It looks like it’s comfortable enough being there that it could be mistaken for a home. Or perhaps this place is its home. Oddly enough, there doesn’t seem to be anyone else inside the place, as Sen and Lin walked inside to take a look. They weren’t hungry inasmuch as they are curious, and if Rosa getting a recommendation about this place says anything, there's very likely something delicious inside.

“The place is open but no one around. Maybe the owners are out and left the place unattended?”

“Make way! Hot bread coming through! Don’t get close or you’ll get burned!”

A large and burly mare came rushing out from a back room with a tray of freshly baked bread. She was a loud one, that’s for sure, but that’s probably par for the course for working in a bakery. Once she got her baked goods sorted out, she passed on the tray to another pony in the back room before returning to meet the group. 

“Hi there! Haven’t seen you around these parts, but you're probably here because you heard about this place or you're hungry. How can I help you?”

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia smiled at Zeehva and was clearly happy to see her. "Indeed...Well for starters I found out a lot about Fright. She was once pretty bad and used her powers to serve her own whims until she learned that it didn't do anyone any god. She's met Tirek before and tormented him for a bit and had a friend that died long ago who she had a whole memorial dedicated to him. Fright also gave me some suggestions as to how to help myself, and to help you as well." she stated with a slight bow.

"When we are in a better mindset and have improved our...situations, we could go back and complete the challenge together. Face our fears together...I'm sure we'd be able to do much better together than we would alone and Fright said for me to wait until I was ready to do so. I think." she put a hoof to her chin, a lot had happened and she had a lot she could say. "I basically got lost, and faced some of my fears but it was too much for me I think...and I found her in the temple. Plenty of others there, I'd say." she spoke with a weary grin.

Cali would gently reach and grab Blitz. Once she grabbed Blitz she would proceed to give her some gentle pats as she looked to the professor. "I apologize for any intrusions on our part, but we are leaving now. I hope you find what you are looking for, Professor. I have no doubt in my mind that you will." Cali spoke to him with a tip of a hat that randomly appeared on her head, much like a cowboy rancher hat if anything.

Cali looked to the rest of them, Cloudwatcher, Luna, and Blue. "So what do y'all think of our little visit? I hope you enjoyed it." she stated and began to lead the way to the hospital where Molotov was held.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Ruby just blinked at Leviathan's first comment, it didn't really do much for her to know that someone cared, since from her point of view, if she was to die, it wouldn't be her problem if someone got sad, her lack of empathy in a way fed her own self-despise, that and, like liar thinks everyone lies, one who doesn't (openly) care about others or themselves, thinks nobody cares about them either.

"I don't have any further plans, usually at this point, were I to be alone, I would go take a nap and maybe reorganize my treasury a bit depending on what it is I add to it." Ruby responded, she acknowledged the statements regarding Charir with a nod, but didn't have anything to add, so she had moved straight to the question "Did we have any plans before coming here? I do not remember what exactly it was that made me decide it would be a good time to retrieve my treasure." she had vague memory of wanting to do it before something, but she wasn't sure, maybe they were planning to go somewhere and Canterlot and Ponyville happened to be on the route...she didn't usually have trouble remembering things but since it had been relatively meaningless detail to her, she hadn't bothered to remember it. 

------------------------

"Um... to put it shortly, due to a....situation outside my control, I'm forced to live close to the forest for sake of...safety." Ceron said in expected manner, usually he would just avoid the question but since both of these two looked like they come from the forest, he figured there wouldn't be much harm "Being this far from there is...concerning, and the friendliness of ponies is...unfortunate, when it would be best for them to avoid me." Scarecrow tilted his head but didn't say anything, he shared Crow's suspicion to certain extend, it wasn't hard to tell something wasn't being told, but for him, there wasn't worry of potential danger from this pony, and rather he wondered if it was a similar situation to his. He also tried to remember if he had met this pony before, Ceron said he lived near the forest, but Scarecrow couldn't remember seeing him in the forest, though he had few guesses on where he may live, there were only so many houses near the forest. 

Ceron looked at the sky again "I also need to make sure I'm not here for too long." 

-------------------------------------------------------

"How...charming." Was all Solar said regarding what Onache said, he was surprisingly, or unsurprisingly, depending on who you asked, unfazed by what he learned, he was in a way glad that it was not true in their world, since it was awful enough without a whole species of torturers, though at the same time, would it really be that much different? He could have addressed the point about the princesses, and how not only are they no longer princesses, but also how their rulers have reached a level of power far beyond this Equestria's alicorns combined, but he decided against it, partly because it didn't really matter, and partly because he didn't want to argue about a ruler he'd rather never see or hear of again.

Trox too was hateful towards whoever it was who was spoken of, he just didn't show it as clearly as his sister did, and he recognized the pointlessness of getting aggressive about it, and that's why he wanted to calm Sheska down, he spoke "Not quite, in fact, it was quite the opposite for a time, she was very close to becoming a folk hero among our kind." Solar had a look of realization "Commander Sheez." Trox nodded "Related from our mother's side, we are her sister's grandchildren's grandchildren's grandchildren." "She was there when Nightmare moon attacked our home, she saw us becoming slaves, she was a slave, she killed many of her owners and after disappearing for a moment, she came back half machine and hunted down slave owners." "If that was where it ended, we would be celebrating her, but no, as slavery became less popular with machines taking over, her thirst for blood wasn't satisfied, and when the law eventually caught up with her, instead of a punishment, she joined the military, becoming yet another willing tool of our oppressors." at this point Trox too was getting more visibly hateful, it wasn't hard to tell that the two kobolds would have liked to personally deal with the traitor they were talking about. 

Solar at this point took over "And powerful tool she did become indeed, being more metal than flesh, she is functionally immortal as long as she can keep up the maintenance and nobody manages to kill her, having lived many lifetimes, any normal kobold would have died of old age several times over." "She is a general in rank, and is the commander of a nightmare unit know for their brutality, I have personally seen the aftermath of her attacks, one of them being so brutal even a hardened veteran like Scorch looked away." Yes, he was one to talk, being half machine himself, and having being part of a unit also known to be especially awful, but the differences were still great, to compare him to Sheez was like comparing Trox to him. 

@Sekel

She could glance if she wished to. The worst thing in Enzo's future, would be multiple episodes of him laying about, contemplating the dreadfulness of it all, isolated to a mountain peak where he could languish alone from time to time. His deal had bound him to Equestria, and as such, he'd primarily still remain there, seemingly gaining some status in the long run. His kind tended not to do too drastic things, even in their worst set of mind, due to cultural standards, and pride, so the worst they could worry about, where him going amok. Yet he really didn't much care for that. It seemed utterly pointless to him, despite his current set of mind.

"I wished for freedom. This I now have. I hungered for vengeance, yet have lost my will to see it through. For now, I only wish to fly, and feel even the illusion of freedom. What happens beyond that, I care little for.

Have you a suggestion to distract from this malady? I suppose terrorizing the populace is not an option, but what else may there be?"

They would actually be near a town by now, and boy howdy did the presence of a sphinx flying above them, make a lot of ponies gawk. Some of them also screaming and heading inside, thinking a monster was attacking, of course. All in all a great reception, that certainly wouldn't make things worse.

======================================================

@Sekel

"That isn't why I won't answer it, your majesty."

"Kkrghxxlt. The Maidens never knew. We interrogated some of them, but they had no answers. They fought and died, for something they knew nothing about."

Last visibly growled at Drone, after she said this.

"We were her most faithful, insect. Princess Luna herself asked us to safeguard something, and they did. As did their descendants. It doesn't matter what were in there. Only that she asked us to keep it safe."

The Shrine Maidens had been somewhat feared in their heyday, for exactly this reason: They were made of only the most fanatically loyal to Princes Luna, and would do anything she asked them to, without question. Which were also why they were mostly made to handle shady things, that she could not be seen connected to, regardless of its importance. Didn't matter to them if they had to sacrifice life and reputation for it. Her word were their everything, and they would stop at nothing to do as asked.

"Tkkhxxr. We just knew that whatever were in there, spoke to the eternal queen, Called out for her. She would stop at nothing to gain access to it, and they at nothing to keep us away. So we fought, and we slaughtered each other, generation, after generation."

"Loyalty is paid in blood. It's one of the only things both sides could ever agree on."

==============================================================

@Sekel

"Wild stab in the dark: I think we found the draconequus's home."

"Ding ding ding! The bug pony got it."

Rose flew into sight, from a nearby tree, munching on what seemed to be the leftover arm of one of the gremlin like creatures. Apparently, she also partook in the local food chain.

She'd point them towards a picnic table, on which sat a large pumpkin. The top were popped off, and the insides seemed to be steaming slightly. There were also a bunch of cups around, and a large soup spoon, indicating this were a treat for them. Of spiced pumpkin latte even, which Happy jumped right at, and poured up a cup. He were getting mighty thirsty.

"Oooh, haven't had this stuff in ages. And it's smelling pretty good. This here's free for the taking?"

"Sure! Mom wants you to feel comfy and stuff. She's gonna bring cookies soon as she catches them too. The bowl ran off again."

Happy would be willing to pour up, and have a sip. He were thirsty, and he figured at worst, it'd be messing with him, not be toxic. And after drinking it, he were perfectly fine! Better than fine really. This stuff was pretty good indeed.

============================================================

@Sekel

"Hopefully you'll meet again soon. Sounds like there's a lot of catching up to do.

And I'm not being silent because of you, it's uhm... I guess it can't hurt to say it, just keep an open mind.

Scarcity and I, we came from wealth. A high standing family in fact, but that didn't mean we lived a carefree life. Our parents wanted us to be specific things, married off to specific ponies, and so on, to make sure our family got closer to merging with the nobility. And they weren't kind about this, treating us poorly if we didn't obey, and do things as they wanted, got too low grades, or in any way, shape, or form, showed disobedience.

So I did my best to not cause attention. I talked little, and learned to move without making sound, to not draw attention. I were like they wanted me. A ghost, just there to look pretty, and be married off later.

Scarcity never liked this, but she kept telling me to be patient, even on days when she were causing trouble, merely to distract them from what they had been about to fling at me. She were good at magic, so she were sent to Celestia's school, so she could get a prestigious education, which would help her perhaps get into an even better marriage. SO she were their favorite, and I... Well, you've seen how I make others jump. I did my best to be forgotten and overlooked, and I guess I got my wish.

Scarcity wasn't forgotten though, but she didn't seem to really do anything, to any of us. She went to school, got good grades, and otherwise kept mostly to herself, seemingly just going along with what our parents wanted.

...The day she graduated though, the family were gathered. She had her degree in hoof, and still wearing her outfit, when she waved an important-looking pony over, who presented them with a briefcase of documents.

I don't know when, or how, but she had somehow managed to take everything. The houses, the bank accounts- Even the family name, She had taken it all, right under their noses, and then gave them that devious smile she always gave, when she knew that she were winning.

They were furious, but legally speaking, our parents were nothing now. But she gave them an ultimatum: IF they left, and did not take contact for a minimum of twenty years to either of us, she would return the name, the summer home, and 20% of their savings. She even had the documents ready for it to be legally binding. And since they didn't have a choice, they signed it, and stormed out. We haven't seen or heard from them since.

She didn't want most of the things though. She donated the houses to homeless shelters, and used most of the money to set up a savings account for me, and start her antiques store. The whole thing gave her a lot of publicity, so she got enough attention when opening to get things rolling. I just went here instead. I needed some space from all the bad memories in Canterlot. And it's getting better. Wasn't too long ago, I couldn't even speak with others.

As for Scarcity... My sister is very resourceful. I always knew she were clever, and that smile of hers when she told me to be patient, made me sure she had some sort of thing in mind, but I could never imagine how far her plans went. I still can't, with anything she does. That's why I ask you to please, keep an open mind, and be respectful towards her. My sister is not a bad pony, and if she says she can find your parents, she will. Just... Remember what I told you, and understand that she's very resourceful. For better or worse, depends on if you are on her good side, or bad side."

Also, they weren't leaving yet. They should have breakfast first, which came soon after. A bowl of warm oaths and grain for Stare, and a bowl of stew for Dazzle. Complete with rich tastes of the local forest, where the meat had also come from. Plenty of meat out there, if you were willing to hunt for it after all.

@Sekel @Widdershins

"You gave me a pretty good scare there actually.

And the flowers? They're for my marefriend. I had to get back to Canterlot after getting my hands cut here, so she's probably been nervous about how I've been. I figure it might help with things, if I brought her some tulips. She's not a big fan of roses.

Still gonna need to explain things to her, but I'm fine. The pros of being a dragon, right? We heal faster. Just itches a lot right now, and this disinfectant hurts. All natural zebra stuff, so it works for sure, but boy howdy can it be felt sometimes, heh.

Oh right, where are my manners? My name's Benny. I run the main forge for the Royal Army in Canterlot. It's not as impressive as you think. Most of the armor are made in the various other forges. I mostly deal with emergency stuff, repairs, and ceremonial weaponry. Still good stuff though. Managed to make a pretty good axe for the new general, before his accident.

Who might you be? That's okay to ask, right?"

Benny were not what many thought of, when they thought dragon. He were friendly, a little goofy, and awkward at times. More equine in behavior, than draconian honestly, all the way down to him liking sweets. Having him through a town fair of any sort were a nightmare because of it, since he'd spend a good deal of time, and bits, on tasting the various things made. Most pony food were delicious to him. Especially if it were caramelized.

=================================================================

@EQ_Theta

It sounded as if they wouldn't get to see the lady of the house tonight then. A shame, but all in due time. Long as they stayed on good terms with Uddo and Kiba, they'd likely get to meet her eventually. And it sounded like she were one to bite note in, as going around and making business deals were no small feat. Especially not if if it were often done successfully more often than not. She may be the actual top of the family power dynamic. Which made her someone to get on the good side of indeed. But he may just be overthinking things again. They'd see in due time.

One who did not think too much, were Omen as the cat rubbed up against her, though her focus did go between the feline, and Shrimp, who were hiding as best he could in her mane. Aft6er the recent incident, he were still scared of cats. Even small ones like this, so he were trying his best to hide. If the cat had tried to come up to him, he'd then blast it with his glittering breath. Harmless, yet disorienting, and certainly something it'd remember. Thankfully it didn't get to that, and soon after, Omen could follow the small one into the store, where she'd promptly... Well, she didn't look at the store really. Her unblinking gaze remained on the cat, wondering what else it might do, even after the owner showed up. She'd get to the mare in due time. For right now, she had a peculiar cat to gaze upon.

Rosa though, did find the store rather peculiar. Partially because as his friend pointed out, it seemed unattended. But also the... Advertisement, one could call it, yet the bakery itself did not seem marked on the map. Nor had much of a flashy front. It was a very low brow establishment in that way. Perhaps one of the more traditional one, that preferred to be learned about mostly from positive mouth to mouth? Possible, though it had been some time since he had run into a place like that. They were not all that common anymore.

What were on offer though, were certainly eye-catching. Rather delicious looking, and smelling, baked goods. Including the highly recommended cream puffs. Something which he normally did not look towards, but he had to admit that these were rather enticing to look at.

And then, the owner came in. And holy moon, were she one that were hard to miss, that were for sure. Loud, burly, and carrying baked goods with skill and precision. It seemed she were the sort who just naturally entered a room, and got the attention of all. Beings like that tended to make a lasting impression.

"A pleasure to meet you ma'am. I'm new in the area, and were recommended to look for your bakery by Kiba and Uddo. My name is Sub Rosa. This is Lin, and her brother Sen. And that over there is Omen, and her pet, Shrimp. Worry not, she will not harm your cat. She is just wondering if it will lead her elsewhere.

Which speaking of, did surprise me. I saw no signs leading towards your establishment, yet suddenly this cat shows up, and leads us on. It is an interesting tactic, though I must admit to have briefly assumed it may have been a changeling, leading us into an ambush. I suppose I may be a little paranoid, no offense to your... Head of marketing, if you will."

He'd give a cordial bow towards the mare before he spoke, to try and be polite. He hadn't much idea what kind of pony this one were though, but introductions were a fine start, in his opinion. If she'd then rush them along, it would teach him she were more of a *get down to business* kind of mare,. and he could adjust accordingly. Worst that came from being polite really, would be her assuming that he were wasting her time in some fashion, which he didn't intend to do.

====================================================================

@Starforce

"Maybe someday, but I'd rather just think over things for a time. There's a lot I need to get sorted in my head after... A-Anyway, it sounds like there's more to Fright than I though, but not really a big surprise, I guess? Draconequui seem like they all started off as uhm... I guess evil is a bit harsh, but indifferent, and feeling superior enough to get away with stuff? Sounds like she have become a better being, so that's good. And with a lot there? Must mean she does well, in clearing others of their fears. Or helping them with it, I guess. I'll look forward to seeing it myself someday.

You say there were some tests though? Is it okay for me to ask what they were? I don't want to nag you, but a little curious what kind of things she'd do, to test someone."

While she were talking, Zeehva were also preparing several of the ingredients they had gathered up yesterday, starting with some finely crushed ones, mixed with seven droplets of dew, and after it had been mixed into a paste, she's shake the small bowl it were in every ten seconds, for no more than one.

"Won't be long now until everything is ready, and then I'll show you how to make a pretty little crowd pleaser. Just have to make sure to stir the ingredients correctly first.

I know it looks a bit weird, but trust me: Even the timing, strength, direction, and frequency of swirling ingredients, and the concoction alike, are important. A lot don't think it is, and that's one of the reason why they can't do anywhere near as good as most zebras."

====================================================================

@Starforce @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

"The museum is fun! I wanna go back and see more stuff with big bro sometimes."

"Just please remember to treat the things in there with respect, okay? They have a lot of great, historical value, and good or bad, it's important that as many as possible, can learn about our past. Otherwise, we might end up repeating a mistake that caused calamity once. Or miss out on entire lines of evolution. I really hope what the professor found is related to that. He always gets so happy and animated when he sees that."

"He looked like a grumpy."

Blitz grinned towards Cloudwatcer as she said this, who'd just smile and shake her head a little.

"By the way, I heard you say something about placing something in the hospital, Light. What are you thinking about?"

It was pretty low, and it sounded like she didn't hear all of it either, but she caught this tiny bit. Hopefully whatever he were planning on, wasn't something dangerous.

Once they got to the hospital, it'd be the typical scene: A foyer, waiting rooms, receptionists- Basically, just as Cali had left it before. Though she looked different, so nopony there recognized her. They just saw an odd, new alicorn, and their eyes were drawn towards that. Until one of the nurses halted, and looked further than that. At the little bundle, wriggling to get lose so that she might run around, looking for her brother.

"Blitz. Haven't seen you in a few days. Here to see your brother I take it?"

"Hihihi, Nurse Gauze. Hehe, big bro had a whoopsie, and got a head ouchie."

"Yes, I heard. And these are your... Interesting caretakers for the day? Well, if you can control her, then I don't see an issue. Do you need directions, or are you aware of his room number? Please also be advised about our policy."

She'd point towards a sign of the usual dangers and warnings about the hospital, things not to bring in, etc. A relatively new line though, made seemingly some time after the rest, and pencilled in with a sharpie, were the line *No unsupervised members of the Boom family allowed.* Which indicated that not just Blitz had done something, but Molotov as well. In his case, probably hit on the nurses, or gotten caught doing unlicensed maintenance on their equipment.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"We did discuss going to see if mayhaps my employer were fit to leave the hospital, in Las Pegaus, as it have been some time now, since she went there. Beyond that, I know little of what you may have planned. I were merely working under the assumption that this were some kind of bonding experience that I should not question too much, on account of me being - if I may use your kinds words - intriguingly flammable."

"We'd be more blunt, but you're right. Good bird."

Leviathan would give him a sarcastic little clapping of her hands, and she in turn, would roll his eyes and look away. Dragons sometimes...

"I don't recall much of what our plans were, beyond just ensuring the safety of your treasure. Was it something with your brother we should try? We discussed having him in towns, but that's going well so far. He haven't set fire to anyone yet, which does help keeping a low profile.

I guess if we can't remember it, it probably wasn't all that important. Or nothing that had to be rushed at least.

...Wanna go and find Discord, and try to convince Charir that's how all magical dragons grow up, if they can't use magic right?"

She liked Charir, and wanted to keep him safe, but that didn't mean she didn't want to have a tiny bit of fun too, and convincing him that Discord was the sort of thing he had in wait, might be a small bit of harmless fun. Long as they ensured to tell him the truth after.

Though it were pretty low brow, and Ruby might not find it all that entertaining. Leviatahn just didn't know what else to say here. She sorta just figured there was a grander plan to everything, than to just deliver the treasure, and go into standby.

============================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"In the last few days, I have encountered a draconequui, a sphinx, changelings, and someone who refered to herself as a *zombie*, who voraciously ate any animal that came her near, til she were banished. As well as the matriarch of the timber wolves, in a less than welcoming mood, amongst other things. I find it hard to imagine you being more dangerous than them, Ceron.

And if it helps, we are not ponies. I am a dryad. I speak with the forest, for I am part of it, and it of me."

To cement that point, she'd scoop up some dirt, wherein she felt some small seeds lay, likely floated here once on the wind, and poured a little magic into it. The seed would rapidly crack open, grow, and eventually bloom, into a pretty, rosa flower, with a bell-shaped head. She'd then carefully plant it to the side of the road, away from those who may trample it.

"I hace not heard them speak of you though, I believe? There are few ponies out there they speak of, such as the Yelling Hermit, or The Cold Bringer. As well as The One Who Burns. It is less dramatic than it sounds though. It is merely a filly who makes things explode. The animals have simple minds, and think of things as such.

Might it be you live around the troubled areas? Some hunting grounds are shunned, even by the predators, who speak of them in reverence and fear. Serpent's Fall, The Howler's Ground, and Where The Chimera Threads. I've yet to meet a chimera, but they sound... Problematic.

In any case, it seems as if something more is bothering you. Is it about the sky? Have there been birds chasing you, or are those ponies who travel in their domain, of your concern? I still find it strange to see that myself. You ponies all seem so... Earthbound by design, otherwise."

She had accidentally hit the head on the nail, about one part. What the animal's called The Howler's Ground. An area, wherein something were, which they felt scared of, every time the moon stood high. She had been planning to go and see for herself what went on, but had not yet had the time to do so. Perhaps one of these days, it would be imperative that she did. She were sure the animals were just afraid of some kind of regular wolf, who had a bad temper. It would not be the first time.

"But you say you cannot be here for long? I hope we are not keeping you from your planned visits? If so, I do apologize for that. It were not our intention."

=================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

It were probably best that the conversation about torture had died out. At least, regarding the mentioned queen, and the princesses of the other reality, as this could have become a lengthy discussion. Onache could have argued that since the power of a queen, were often correlating with the size of her hive - as they could gather far more emotions then - a singular, grand hive, could be a powerhouse the liked of which they had never seen here either. Such hives did not happen here, as there were several queens, and territories, that were content having their own slice of the pie. Maybe at times, the council would meet up, if there was a major decision to be made, but overall, they were kept in check by themselves. The council did not like the thought of invasive hives, potentially gobbling up all of them. For the sake of self preservation, it were best to take that issue and handle it, before it grew too much.

However, in the other world, they would have been faced with a dilemma. No council would likely be allowed to form, and out of desperation, any changeling would flock to whatever powerhouse would seem to rise up against their oppressors. Regardless if it were the most insane, psychotic of them. There could be a unified hive there, and it would be a force to reckon with. Enough? Hard to tell, but even if it wasn't, changelings could use various kinds of non-physical torture, so that might intrigue the corrupted alicorns.

Not that there wasn't enough unpleasantness to go around though, as the talk fell on a related ancestor of the present kobolds. A traitor not only of kind, but of blood. Onache's eyes seemed to darken as she heard it too. She could not get as angry as them, as she had not lived in it, nor had the blood relation, that had likely not done them any favors, but she could still hate a traitor of kin. A despicable act, that she - despite her own morally bankrupt acts - could not agree with. Some things were simply too far.

"If ever I heard of a being, whose mind deserved to be shred asunder, it would be her. Despicable traitor, deserving of not even a quick death. It is little wonder you wish for her to face extermination, when she turns her back on her own."

Now, she had never actually torn a mind apart, as that were too severe for her taste normally. But if she were faced with this one, and her mind were not protected like this machine pony's were, she would have gladly crossed this boundary, and shred through her mind, piece by piece, until there were nothing less, than a sliver of herself, and a chaotic mess of her most horrifying memories, turned even worse. Then before it'd potentially correct itself, she'd stab the insolent whelp. Her handiwork did sadly not last forever, when it were more severe. It'd require constant upkeep to maintain, which would be tiring.

"Whom is this Scorch, or do I even wish to know it? It seems talks of your world, holds nothing good with it. Merely misery and death. And frankly, I believe there to be better things to spend ones time on, than some faraway dystopia, run by deranged, weak-minded alicorns, that fell to corruption."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Lily wasn't the only pony subjected to the mercy of these highly trained and experienced spa ponies.  Luxurious delights available to anypony in Equestria that seeks it out.  Even if Rising did have to pay for his moments of pleasure with deeper pain.  His body tingled, his head swam as blood flow was rerouted throughout his body between grunts and groans.  The body is slow to repair when one forces rapid changes to its everyday operation.  A necessary risk in a fight where anything was possible.  Facing off against skeletons isn't something Equestria quite prepares a detective for.

Dawn and his mother had much simpler massages.  As frequent customers their muscles were already quite aligned to such treatment that it was more of a pampering than anything.  "Does Harrowmark not have Deep Iron?  Only a slight downgrade from silver but more plenty available.  Considering most spell casters in Equestria are rudimentary, it work wonders for their more simple spells.  Only a hoof full of casters would need anything as potent as silver.  Thus the ready supply of silver becomes more decorative to the country than practical," simple to add to the list of things already on her plate when it came to trade in Harrowmark.  Although introducing the much more marketable Deep Iron might be more profitable than silver if Harrowmark didn't have it.  There was plenty of silver to go around if that no be the case however.  No need to bring up Orichalcum, that was rare enough in Equestria to be trading it away without a deeper relationship. 

Dawn snorted, "It's not out of season," she scowled.  It didn't matter to her if Harrowmark thought it was fashionable, she was in Equestria today.  "Fashion if very organic Lily.  Here one moment, gone the next.  Back in around the corner.  It lives, dies and is reborn like the Sun.  A simple whisper can birth a nation and a casual snort can end an empire.  It really is the most delightful tragedy.  Her brother is simply pushing her buttons," the mother chuckled sweetly and signed into her massage.  Rising cracked a smile in the brief moment of bliss when his spa pony had to pause to wipe their brow from the effort of this deep massage.

@Blitz Boom

Between the freshly baked goods and the welcoming mare, this place was already tempting the siblings to buy something, if only out of courtesy. The owner here certainly is loud and energetic. With that kind of vibe, surely that would be attracting all kinds of visitors to this place. Judging by the racks of untouched food, it told a different story. Or perhaps the cat is the one bringing in customers the same way it brought the group here. That didn’t seem to deter the mare at the bakery, though, as she goes along like nothing’s wrong.

“Glad to make your acquaintance. You’re new here? And already got tipped off about this place? Sounds like you’re making friends quick, sir.

“I see you’ve also met Munchkin. She’s not really in on any kind of plan for drumming up sales. Believe it or not, she’s not my cat. One day, she just showed up over here and took a piece of bread. Ran off with it like she’s got somewhere else to be. Next day, more visitors from out of town came by, and wouldn’t you know it, she’s back. Don’t know what’s up with her but I set up her pet bed and litter box hoping it would get her to avoid making a habit, and now she comes and goes like she lives here.”

The mare smiled at the thought that this little cat would be her “lucky charm.” Frankly, that would be rather superstitious, but considering that customers would come some time after the cat came by, it’s a nice coincidence that drums up business. That's not something she'd argue or complain about, and it's attracting customers. Well… aside from the morning crowds and the local restaurants who’d buy from her regularly, midday customers were rare. There was the morning and evening rushes that are guaranteed to get the business going, but it was between those times when days would go slower. 

Either that or tourists would come if they find this place. With more ponies going to the newer, more popular and modern Canterlot, this place has seen better days. More often than not, it was the locals who'd visit, and word of mouth would go a long way to get someone new to swing by. Sometimes, food critics and column writers would come to try something and write about it, but it was difficult to say if anything they wrote would leave a mark. Whatever the case may be, so long as this place stays standing, it was just another business day.

“I still find it strange this place isn’t marked on town square’s map, miss?”

“Stiff Peaks, and I don’t mind that this place isn’t easy to find. I believe that the best things a town has to offer are the ones you have to search for. It’s just like a couple of other places around town; it may look old, but what you find inside may just surprise you. But I don’t think you came all the way here to make small talk. Someone suggested you check this place out, and I’ve got a thing or two you might like. Breads or pastries, hot or cold? Take your pick, consider it sold! See anything you fancy?”

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia nods calmly as she watched Zeehva prepare the ingredients. "There are these markers that can take you further ahead in the forest by teleportation. The fears just seem to manifest so to speak. I saw my brother there, and my family. Although they were only but mist. I also saw you there in a town containing all of those I've met. The illusions are very impressive...especially the one where I re-lived the moments where my parents...abandoned me." her ears deflate a bit at those words, but it was the truth after all. She wasn't going to lie.

Magnolia moves closer to what Zeehva was doing there. "Looks quite interesting, so what would the first order of business be? I wanna be a zebra too." Magnolia giggled distantly. 

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

Cali stayed largely silent as they entered, noting upon Cloudwatcher's comments which she honestly find herself in agreement with. The receptionist would note that the alicorn infront of them looked different but was notably Cali. She began to lead them to Molotov's room as she remembered where it was. Opening the door she would see if Molotov was awake yet while keeping an eye on Blitz. "You awake yet, Molotov?"

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Starforce

light would innocently reply to cloud watcher, " ooohhh nothing dangerous..." as he casually walk beside them.

the second device Light has placed is now at the museum. his next target would be at the hospital, which is within sight.

as they got near the building one of the nurses greeted them, and hoofed their policy.

" don't worry ma'am, we got this Boom under control. but, I can't say about the rest of us." Light said while looking at Cali. 

as the group casually heads to Molotov's room, Light also casually placed something on the flooring of the hospital.

" I wonder what Molotov's up to?" 

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

------

The guardsmare was finding the situation suspicious...or rather the diamond dog. Random witnesses aren't the most trustworthy when it comes to catching criminals, especially if they are bribed to lie or they are accomplices. However, there was no reason to be hostile. Being diplomatic can even yield successful results than force.

She turned to Pop; with a calm and collected voice, she spoke “Are you sure this is the place?”

Oblivious to the two souls, Razor was listening to their conversation very intently. It's obvious something wrong most of the happened. Well, hearing a scream seemed normal to you? No. Of course not.

“I must go back and tell the others about this!”

Below him, the criminals are already making their way toward's Cimex's inn.

The thought of being given a book that can help him learn sounds appealing for Tepe “I would be grateful if you did” not only Sorrow successfully fixed Razor's mistake, she had made him more interested in Equestria's history.

Meanwhile, Windy had decided to make use of her wings out of boredom, furling and flapping them while making various happy faces.

-----

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Kujamih

Blue gave the professor a sheepish smile and muttered an apology, which may or may not have been heard by the irate Nitpick. Luna gave a reminder to herself to give the professor a more polite apology if they plan to visit this place again in the future.

This time, Luna has something to talk about, especially concerning Blue's 'risky' attitude “You just disrespected a professor” and so their small hushed conversation begins.

Blue looks at her “Sorry about that. I really found it funny”

“Keep yourself under control then. We don't have to make bad impressions drawn to us”.

Arriving at the hospital, they were met by a very interesting notice...a nurse reminded them of a policy concerning the Boom family about unsupervised family guess which meant one thing: not only Blitz is known for causing trouble.

“I want to ask something, nurse. Has Molotov Boom been causing trouble? A policy like that can be seen as discrimination unless the Boom family had done a lot of...troubles in the past”

• Brohoof 1

@Rising Dusk

On 2021-09-26 at 10:33 PM, Rising Dusk said:

Dawn and his mother had much simpler massages.  As frequent customers their muscles were already quite aligned to such treatment that it was more of a pampering than anything.  "Does Harrowmark not have Deep Iron?  Only a slight downgrade from silver but more plenty available.  Considering most spell casters in Equestria are rudimentary, it work wonders for their more simple spells.  Only a hoof full of casters would need anything as potent as silver.  Thus the ready supply of silver becomes more decorative to the country than practical,"

"I mean no offense, but if your magic users find deep iron to be good enough, I question their skills. We're a heavily magic-focused country. From an early age, we teach our young to cast spells, and work their trade. Deep iron is fine enough for novices, and the young, but to fully use your potential in craft, you'll need pure, unfiltered silver. The purer, the more potent and sought after it is.

We also work in other things, but I doubt you'd want to finer details in the potency of flesh crafting. It's not as clean as silver, but depending on the spell, a powerful trinket can be made by this. Like the bear you cleansed, detective. I wonder what you might find, if you opened that one up?"

Sure it didn't look to have lumps of flesh around, but nerve tissue - among other things - were maleable things. Although in this case, she were just kidding, and sent Dawn a little teasing wink. It were made with strong magic certainly, but nothing involving flesh. That being said, she had several things that were, that she could present to Dawn at a later point, or at least show her. Not all of them evil, mind you, and some sold on the streets of Copperhagen. But they'd cover that when time came. She could imagine Equestrians were too squeamish to like the notion of using flesh in this matter.

On 2021-09-26 at 10:33 PM, Rising Dusk said:

Dawn snorted, "It's not out of season," she scowled.  It didn't matter to her if Harrowmark thought it was fashionable, she was in Equestria today.  "Fashion if very organic Lily.  Here one moment, gone the next.  Back in around the corner.  It lives, dies and is reborn like the Sun.  A simple whisper can birth a nation and a casual snort can end an empire.  It really is the most delightful tragedy.  Her brother is simply pushing her buttons," the mother chuckled sweetly and signed into her massage.  Rising cracked a smile in the brief moment of bliss when his spa pony had to pause to wipe their brow from the effort of this deep massage.

"I'm used to clothes being something you wear until it can't be patched up anymore, or you die in it. So fashion the way you go about it, is an odd thing for me. It sounds like it just leads to a lot of wasted materials. Even that which you grow out of, can be used, if you know someone smaller, that could fit it. Or were good with needle and thread. My own father wore the same coat for twenty-five years, before it simply couldn't anymore. One of the scarecrows got to him, and tore it to shreds. Better it than him though.

You should see one of our fields someday actually. I think you'd all three find it interesting. The scarecrows we animate, can get very creative in design."

She'd halt there, as a particular muscle were hit on her, that made her give a pained face, and more or less tense up her entire body for a moment, before it got worked out. She had forgotten all about that nerve cluster, and how it tended to tighten up something fierce at times. Probably good to have it hit, but for a moment there, it felt like something mighty painful. And then, it went into a roaring warmth, as she looked - and felt - like she were just melting there on the slab. She'd have a middle point between Rising and Dawn to work on, when it came to this massage, so they should be working out her biggest issues about now.

"*siiiiiiiiiigh* So blessed a feeling. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I almost wish it would never end. How often do you partake in this heavenly distraction?"

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-09-27 at 4:20 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Glad to make your acquaintance. You’re new here? And already got tipped off about this place? Sounds like you’re making friends quick, sir.

“I see you’ve also met Munchkin. She’s not really in on any kind of plan for drumming up sales. Believe it or not, she’s not my cat. One day, she just showed up over here and took a piece of bread. Ran off with it like she’s got somewhere else to be. Next day, more visitors from out of town came by, and wouldn’t you know it, she’s back. Don’t know what’s up with her but I set up her pet bed and litter box hoping it would get her to avoid making a habit, and now she comes and goes like she lives here.”

"Is that so?"

So the cat came in, stole bread, and in return, brought customers around. To a point where the owner simply set up a litter box, and a bed, to accommodate the oddly acting, yet profitable cat?.Rosa had veered away from his changeling theory, but it were seemingly not entirely dead yet, as this were if not a devious plan, then certainly something he could see them do. They were clever things, those changelings. Usually he wouldn't think them willing to live like an animal this much, but... Hmm, it were hard to say. Especially the hiveless, sometimes got desperate when looking for a home.

Then again, it could also be that Munchkin did have an owner somewhere, and had originally brought them the bread. Maybe she still stole baked goods and brought them back, or were given some? Cats were clever creatures, and he had heard of them being trained to fetch things before... He'd have to ponder this further, though in either case, he found the likelihood of it being something overly malicious to be minimal, so he wouldn't attempt to ruin whatever setup they had. despite his want to know and understand things, he had to accept that at times, the right thing to do, were to not get involved.

"A peculiar arrangement, but considering we were lead here by her, I cannot argue against her efficiency. You have a good companion there."

A companion that terrified Shrimp, but that were an unfortunate side effect, of his first meeting with a cat. It'd paint the creatures in a bad light to him for some time to come, until he'd eventually come to understand that they weren't all bad. Some of them were though. Devious little creatures at times, but this one for instance, seemed harmless, at a glance.

As nothing went on, and even Omen began to understand that Shrimp were not too happy around the cat, Omen would wander off and rejoin the group shortly, though she wouldn't say something at first. Just look around at the wares, and try to imagine what the various ones were tasting like. She saw some she recognized from other bakeries, though other were new to her eyes. Some though, were likely just formed or decorated differently. She didn't differentiate between that so well.

On 2021-09-27 at 4:20 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I still find it strange this place isn’t marked on town square’s map, miss?”

“Stiff Peaks, and I don’t mind that this place isn’t easy to find. I believe that the best things a town has to offer are the ones you have to search for. It’s just like a couple of other places around town; it may look old, but what you find inside may just surprise you. But I don’t think you came all the way here to make small talk. Someone suggested you check this place out, and I’ve got a thing or two you might like. Breads or pastries, hot or cold? Take your pick, consider it sold! See anything you fancy?”

"Cream puffs. They said it was like eating a sky. I have not tried that before."

Omen's whispering voice would slither through Peaks' mind, speaking it's neutral words, as she recalled the things that sent them here to begin with.

"How many bits are..."

She calculated how many were needed for a moment, not moving a muscle as she did so. She just looked at Peak, in a sort of standby mode.

"...6. One for us all. One for brother."

She wanted to save one for him later, when they were to meet with Scarcity. It made sense to her at least, that he would be there, when his master was.

=======================================================================

@Starforce

"It sounds like she likes to get straight to the root of your fears. I don't know if this kind of forcing it out there is good, but she's the one with the temple of students I suppose. She probably have a point in her ways.

And you don't want to become a zebra. An alchemist perhaps, but not a zebra. You'd end up getting confused, by having to rhyme everything."

She'd give a small smirk, and then start to slowly swirl the bowl again.

"This is a very simple one we're starting with, though it's gonna smell badly, so brace yourself, okay? What we have here, is two leaves of an oak, no more than 130 years old. Seven droplets of dew, a scraping of the root from the mushroom you caught - or a teaspoon, if you want - and a freshly plucked clover. It's pretty simple. Just need to have the dries crushed, and then mix it up with the dew, like you've seen me do here. Then swirl it every ten seconds, for one minute and twenty seconds, before adding it to the water."

And with the timer up for that, she'd give it the last swirl, then carefully let it flow into the pot. Where a small, colored dot would then swirl in the middle, from the liquid, it would then quickly expand to the entire pot, and begin to give off a soothing, golden yellow.

"Now we leave it alone until it turns gray. Then stir it once to the left, four to the right, and then twice left again. After that, it's gonna start to look messy, but trust me, ignore the looks and the smells. It's gonna end well."

=======================================================================

@Starforce @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

2 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

“I want to ask something, nurse. Has Molotov Boom been causing trouble? A policy like that can be seen as discrimination unless the Boom family had done a lot of...troubles in the past”

"The last time he were left alone, he went into our maintenance room, and began tinkering with one of our X-ray machines."

"Oh my. How much damage did he do?"

"None. He repaired it, and somehow got it to function above specs. But he isn't licensed, and if it's not done by a licensed technician, what then happens if it suddenly malfunctions? The rules are strict on this. And when it were pointed out to him, he told us that was dumb, and that if he could fix it, what the big deal then were.

The machine next to it then promptly fell apart, as he had used parts from it to fix up the first one. He was already on shaky grounds for other tinkering projects, as well as comments towards our female staff. This didn't do him any favor, so we've had to be strict about him being under observation when he's here, until he learns to respect the rules."

"And Blitz?"

"...I don't want to talk about it."

They could poke and prod much as they'd like, but the nurse wouldn't elaborate further. And soon enough, they'd be at Molotov's room, wherein he laid on the bed, holding an ice bag to his head.

"Yey! Big bro's awake."

"Tone it down, would ya sis? My head's hammering like a an overloaded forge. What happened out there? Did one of the small parts at the scrap yard, fall outta my grip, or something?"

Starforce wanted to ask, but were a bit more concerned right now, with the thought of what Light had put down. She hadn't seen what it were, but there had definitely been something, and she were a bit nervous about it, quite honestly. The others should likely start off with the Boom brother. Just not too loudly.

==========================================================================

@Windy Breeze

The guardsmare was finding the situation suspicious...or rather the diamond dog. Random witnesses aren't the most trustworthy when it comes to catching criminals, especially if they are bribed to lie or they are accomplices. However, there was no reason to be hostile. Being diplomatic can even yield successful results than force.

She turned to Pop; with a calm and collected voice, she spoke “Are you sure this is the place?”

Pop sat down, paws collected in front of her as she tended to, when somepony of authority spoke with her. Made her nervous it did, yes. Hopefully guard mare were not going to be doing bad things, from her not finding the voices.

"Am not sure, miss guard pony. I heard it in this direction, but town have many buildings, with loud sounds going off walls, and noisy ones. Am sure it were in this area, but maybe other building nearby? Am sorry for not knowing exact, miss guard pony. Pop is not trained to be a tracker."

They would likely be going to search in the direction things had actually happened now, so the others would have very little time to sort things. If the guard mare found them, they would be in much trouble. She might be too. Was very hard to say, but she could not do like others of the gang sometimes did. Nono, guard mare would not be hurt by her. It was not something she could do to another.

The thought of being given a book that can help him learn sounds appealing for Tepe “I would be grateful if you did” not only Sorrow successfully fixed Razor's mistake, she had made him more interested in Equestria's history.

Meanwhile, Windy had decided to make use of her wings out of boredom, furling and flapping them while making various happy faces.

"I'll see what I can find. Soon as things are more calm, and we don't have gang members hunting us. To think that's even happening... What a mess we've ended up in.

I really hope they're not the reason for Cimex to be late. What wouldn't they do to her, if they knew she had an idea where we were? It'd be horrible. Getting hurt by them ourselves is bad, but being the reason she would get hurt... M-Maybe I shouldn't go down this line of thought. I'm sure she'll be back any minute now."

Whilst Windy made happy faces and seemed to deal with things out casually, Sorrow would instead stand nervously, and fidget around, a little impatient to hear from Razor on this matter. She needed to hear from him, that she were just overthinking things. Hopefully that at least, and not words that she were right to be alarmed, because something very bad were happening.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia nods in understanding as she looks over the various ingredients. She was sure that it was very complicated to say the least and would remain observant and quiet as Zeehva spoke to her. She wanted to understand the process, but likely she would have a long time to understand it. She smiles at Zeehva's comment about Zebras and the bad smells, and didn't object to any of it.

"Well that is quite the instructions I have to say. Like a cookbook, almost. I am going to have to remember a lot." she commented. If Zeehva didn't object, Magnolia would proceed to do the next task and follow Zeehva's word to the letter. She hoped she was doing it right. With Fright's stone her nervousness about the situation was far less than what it would normally be. "Am I doing this right?" Magnolia asks with a slight head tilt.

(Starforce? Lol)

Cali approaches Molotov as he is laying on the bed. She was glad that he was doing better and was awake. "You were hit by falling debris. I was able to deal with it, if I hadn't acted quick enough you would have been crushed. I am glad you are doing alright now." Cali spoke in a hopeful tone. It was true, though, wasn't it? But then again it was kind of her idea to go there in the first place. Oh well, at the very least Molotov was doing alright.

@Blitz Boom

“Thanks. I only accommodate Munchkin’s activities because I was concerned for her. She comes and goes as she pleases, but whenever it rains, she stays here and lounges around like it’s her home. Well… I guess you can say she kind of lives here, until closing time anyway. After a while, it became like clockwork. She knows when the bakery opens and closes, and she’s no longer taking food from the shelves.”

In that moment, Munchkin roused from her rest and looked to the group for a moment before walking out of the bakery without a fuss. Seemed like she proved the owner’s point about coming and going as she pleased. Whether or not it took umbrage to the noise, none could say, but it says something when the cat had free rein to do what it wanted.  It didn’t seem too disturbed at Omen and Shrimp despite the odd looks it got from them. And speaking of oddities, Stiff Peaks would get her own introduction to them. 

“Whoa-ho there! Your voice is inside my head, but you look like you’re just staring at me. How… how are you doing that?”

“It’s… uh, telepathy. That’s how Omen regularly speaks. A little strange a first, but you’ll get used to it after a while.”

“If you say so. Um… cream puffs it is, and I think the expression you’re going for is ‘like eating air.’ To tell you the truth, these cream puffs are made with the opposite in mind. You’re not getting a light snack that’s not filling. Take one bite, and you’re getting a taste of sweet, creamy filling, none of that whipped cream nonsense. I saw you’re little companion on your head, but I don’t think it’s safe for it to eat this. How about I give you an alternative? Wait here.”

The mare went into the back room for a few moments, and it seemed like she was taking her time. The smell permeated from the open door, hinting at even more delectable surprises waiting for them. If the bakery already smelled good, what more a kitchen when its constantly churning out fresh batches of food? About a five minutes had passed when Stiff Peaks returned with a plate and some little ball-shaped dough pieces.

“Here you go. Bite-sized pieces made from the same ingredients as donuts but little to no oil. I’ve added some bits of carrots in there as well. I don’t know what it is you’ve got there, but after hearing about how reptiles can’t eat certain things, I think you’d be better off being safe. That’ll be five cream puffs instead for twenty bits. I’ll throw in the the dough and carrot balls for free.”

@Blitz Boom

"... Kindle, that is! Whett Kindle! Two Ts!  

...."

The kirin would look down at the cowering pony and set his face into a dopey, round unaware and baffled expression that would still be stuck there when Cover Up... well, stopped covering himself up. Ponies often had a rather rounded, moony cute face from the front and for a half-reptillian equine with a horn of nearly blood-scarlet, Whett had that especially unaware dope expression down. A tempermental wildcard he was, but if that hadn't sunken in yet as an impression, it would be.

"...what? Why would I burn you, man? You actin' like you just saw a... scary thing. I dunno, you fill in the blanks, I don't have much context for scary things outside bugs.

Ponies don't seem to be happy to be around me much often. They sure did raise a fuss shooing me out of the last village before I got too close to one of those wooden housey structures. I'm begining to think I could take that as a personal flaw on my part. It's so hard to predict how these awkward, social interactions could go, right?"

Whett reached down with a hoof to concernly boop the cowering stallion gently on the head. Mulling the predicement aloud and over him, the kirin kept speaking in that practiced way of one who has spent way too long talking to themselves out on their own.

"But that's a depressing thought!" He pouted in a soft, if goofy musing tone. "My home, my family and all others I had known through my entire life, guess they kind of just seemingly wandered off to explore Equestria too... What do I have anymore? A weak guess that they're out there and alive, constant thoughts that if they were, we had all left each other behind without caring and I have to try and fit into the odd culture of Equestria? As well as find myself somewhere that were my own, eventually, and settle down! Somewhere with other ponies! I mean, like, you don't want to be a loner living in the forest! In some cultures, those're like that tend to go mad! Who wants to end up like that?!"

Whett mused off, looking off to the distance from where Cover Up had come from, letting thoughts just pour out his mouth in a way as if hurriedly expressing things out without letting them get stuck in his head, as if he was narrating something they both somehow felt. While being completely lost and oblivious as what to do next to console a pony.

@Sekel& @Blitz Boom

From where Benny had landed in a crumpled mess of several things, Kaltrop had taken the brunt of the scattered debris. Admittedly not much dust or ground coverings, but all the same, the coppery sunset-colored drake had hung back and been sputtering in unrestrained disgust at what did get on him in his unintentional shielding of Dawn Streak. It was apparent he hadn't gotten a good opinion of Benny from so sudden of an introduction... not that, with his personality, that was hard to get on his bad side.

Sitting back with all the energy of a housecat that had just gotten some water flicked onto it and looking at him with suspicious, squinty eyes, the dragons regarded each other.

"...You went to a pony for healing? Well that's quite neat for you. Wasn't aware how much ponies knew so much about dragons and their health and such. Our species have just so much to do with each other. Not like they keep us in entirely seperate parts and actively keep us out of world government matters and stuff.

Glad you decided to injure yourself while flying, then claw at yourself more until you hurtled at us like a mountain dropping. Just what we needed on a walk, being Hurtled at. Do hope your day has been okay, ours sure has been eventful. 

Also yes, I very much appreciate you backlogging literally every minute description about everything you've been doing all day to us random strangers you've met for all of five minutes. Sure does seem like typical PonyTown behavior."

Benny had, no doubt, more experience with other dragons than Kaltrop had and this surely hadn't been the first aggressive introduction with one. But it might be clear enough to tell from what was a clearly abused use of the phrase "Not Like, Or Anything" that this drake was less aggressive and more whiny & entitled. Kaltrop was one to say backhanded, critical comments and while he was more agile and flightborn, Benny was no doubt a lot more durable and strong type that could easily take him in a fight.