Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Starforce

Zeehva hadn't really set up any sort of task. She had explained what she were doing, as she had already done a mix before Magnolia showed up, so she figured the next one she could have Magnolia follow along with things.

Still, she didn't stop the mare from trying to make a mixture, and at the end, she'd have a paste alright. It were orange, and on occasion, there would bubble up a spot of green, that'd burst, and give off a foul odor. Like really, truly foul.

"Well... The bad news is that you've used the wrong ingredients, so even though you did do something, it's not what I've been working with. Honestly didn't think you'd try and make something already, so uhm... Guess I should have explained things a little better.

The good news is that we can still use that. Stink bombs are pretty popular, and you made a pretty potent blend. We'll need to dilute it though, or this stuff would cause a stench that'd last for years. A shame we didn't get any balloons, but maybe I can improvise something... Anyway, current drought first.

Heh. You know, it's good you didn't add any Silver Vine to this. Then it would've exploded, and we'd been covered in a massively smelling foam."

=========================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-09-29 at 5:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Thanks. I only accommodate Munchkin’s activities because I was concerned for her. She comes and goes as she pleases, but whenever it rains, she stays here and lounges around like it’s her home. Well… I guess you can say she kind of lives here, until closing time anyway. After a while, it became like clockwork. She knows when the bakery opens and closes, and she’s no longer taking food from the shelves.”

In that moment, Munchkin roused from her rest and looked to the group for a moment before walking out of the bakery without a fuss. Seemed like she proved the owner’s point about coming and going as she pleased. Whether or not it took umbrage to the noise, none could say, but it says something when the cat had free rein to do what it wanted.  It didn’t seem too disturbed at Omen and Shrimp despite the odd looks it got from them. And speaking of oddities, Stiff Peaks would get her own introduction to them.

"Cats are very... Independent creatures. In the end, they will do as they please, and generally speaking, simply stick around us for easy food, and comfortable places to relax. At least I assume so. I will admit to not being a cat owner. I just observe things at times."

Quite honestly, he were a bit torn on cats. On one hoof, he could admire their independence, and self reliance, which tended to be very well. They did not need as much maintenance to do well, as for example dogs, or birds. Though on the other hoof, he were also aware that the cat were likely to just be around their owners, because it were convenient sometimes, and they were odd creatures to understand at times. Sometimes, cats would just be cats, and it were best to simply go along with it. Kind of like with Omen, though if cats could open portals around places, he'd fear what sort of things they'd get up to.

Whoa-ho there! Your voice is inside my head, but you look like you’re just staring at me. How… how are you doing that?”

“It’s… uh, telepathy. That’s how Omen regularly speaks. A little strange a first, but you’ll get used to it after a while.”

“If you say so. Um… cream puffs it is, and I think the expression you’re going for is ‘like eating air.’ To tell you the truth, these cream puffs are made with the opposite in mind. You’re not getting a light snack that’s not filling. Take one bite, and you’re getting a taste of sweet, creamy filling, none of that whipped cream nonsense. I saw you’re little companion on your head, but I don’t think it’s safe for it to eat this. How about I give you an alternative? Wait here.”

Once the cat were gone, Shrimp would poke worth, and look around, just to see if it were somewhere. Especially upwards, since the ceiling cat, were his first experience. It didn't seem like there were anyone, so whilst the mare were talking, he'd start to sniff the air, and slither further out on Omen's head, to get closer to the creme puffs, and other baked goods. At the point where Peaks would go out to the back room, he'd be sitting on her nose, wrapping his tal around that, whilst he were leaning forward to get a better smell of the stuff in front of him. Many things there that smelled tasty to him. And all the while he did that, Omen would stand motionless, even though she'd still respond to Peaks.

"How can you eat air?"

She didn't get that. Clouds she understood, as they were far away, and she'd seen ponies sit on them sometimes. So they had to have some mass, right? Even though she kept falling through them when she used gates to get up there. But air were everywhere, and normal ponies breathed that. How could they eat it, when they breathed it, and it had no mass to chew on? Couldn't even drink it then, no?

She'd ponder this until Peaks came back, and upon seeing what she were carrying, Shrimp would start to sniff the air even more. Whatever they were made from, seemed to be in his taste, though he wasn't begging for them currently. So he seemed to at least understand that strangers stuff, wasn't something he should beg for.

“Here you go. Bite-sized pieces made from the same ingredients as donuts but little to no oil. I’ve added some bits of carrots in there as well. I don’t know what it is you’ve got there, but after hearing about how reptiles can’t eat certain things, I think you’d be better off being safe. That’ll be five cream puffs instead for twenty bits. I’ll throw in the the dough and carrot balls for free.”

"Twenty bits. Okay."

Omen stood still for a moment longer, then slowly - to avoid Shrimp falling off - her mouth would open, and her tongue would begin to extend. Bit by bit were laying on it, nicely in a row, and as her long tongue would get to the desk, she'd deposit the dry coins down there. Peaks would likely think this strange, on account of them not being wet, smell, Omen apparently having them in her system, and the long tongue. Or she may just brush it off, like most others had recently. It appeared a fair deal worked under a kind of *I don't want to know* sort of attitude.

"They are there, yes?"

"That seems accurate from this distance. And what she have is called a refraction. A kind of elongated dragon, with different magic to what we usually see in Dragon Isles dragons. He's a newly hatched, and utterly harmless. Plus as you surmised, vegetarian. Just like ponies."

Rosa did not currently know if he would be welcomed all that much in the neighborhood, but he were feeling increasingly certain that with his group of friends, he'd certainly be remembered. Omen especially tended to have that kind of impression on others, as she looked like a pony, but her... Everything, worked against that.

===============================================================================

@Widdershins

On 2021-09-30 at 2:54 AM, Widdershins said:

Whett reached down with a hoof to concernly boop the cowering stallion gently on the head. Mulling the predicement aloud and over him, the kirin kept speaking in that practiced way of one who has spent way too long talking to themselves out on their own.

This was it. This was when he were going to be set on fire, and he's get burned up. He'd end up with massive burn scars everywhere, and this he couldn't cover up, so everyone would be able to look and stare at him.

And the pain. Of course the horrible, horrible pain that'd come too. Now that the kirin had touched him, he would no doubt feel the flames licking around his body soon.

...Why wasn't he smelling burnt hair, and bubbling flesh? Surely he should feel something after being touched like this, by a burning creature like Whett.

He'd poke an eye open, and see up,., to notice the kirin was no longer flaming, nor scorching areas around him. Had it been a... No, it was real. He could see it on the grass on the ground. There had been a flash of fire. What in the name of Suusha were going on here?

"But that's a depressing thought!" He pouted in a soft, if goofy musing tone. "My home, my family and all others I had known through my entire life, guess they kind of just seemingly wandered off to explore Equestria too... What do I have anymore? A weak guess that they're out there and alive, constant thoughts that if they were, we had all left each other behind without caring and I have to try and fit into the odd culture of Equestria? As well as find myself somewhere that were my own, eventually, and settle down! Somewhere with other ponies! I mean, like, you don't want to be a loner living in the forest! In some cultures, those're like that tend to go mad! Who wants to end up like that?!"

"You... Lost your family too?"

Cover Up would take his hooves more from his eyes, and look up at the kirin. Still scared obviously, but also a little sympathy had sneaked into his tone, and eyes.

"I... M-My home fell down on top of me. When I woke up, they said they couldn't find anyone, but then others said they'd seen them out there. Just... W-Walking along, without me. I've tried finding them, but everything's just weird. I'm not Equestrian. Their c-culture is strange to fit into."

It seemed the kirin were musing along, and so far, had not sen him on fire. Maybe... Maybe he didn't want to? But then with what he had said... No, no that was impossible. Surely you couldn't just flare up like that, and not know about it, right? That would be crazy.

He'd slowly get on his hooves, cautious, as to not cause something burning to happen. primarily to himself.

"I'm... Cover Up. My village were settlers from Harrowmark. It's uhm... W-Well, loners there certainly goes crazy. I don't think its the same here. There's not enough dark magic here. It's very clean here, I guess?

Ad I... D-Do you really not know what you just did? You went all b-blazing. Like this."

Cover Up would use his horn to pop off the cork in the large ink quill, and then dip the large paint brush in it. With speed and precision, he'd then draw a picture on the ground. A perfect, ink painting of how Whett looked like before. Though with perhaps a bit too much in the eyes, looking all hateful. It were how it looked to him in the moment, so that just... W-Well, he'd get the point, surely. The picture were spot on, as Cover Up were a talented artist. It were all he had, so he honed his skills well, and had done so all his life. His parents had been very supportive. Long as he also did his chores.

======================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

"...You went to a pony for healing? Well that's quite neat for you. Wasn't aware how much ponies knew so much about dragons and their health and such. Our species have just so much to do with each other. Not like they keep us in entirely seperate parts and actively keep us out of world government matters and stuff.

Glad you decided to injure yourself while flying, then claw at yourself more until you hurtled at us like a mountain dropping. Just what we needed on a walk, being Hurtled at. Do hope your day has been okay, ours sure has been eventful. 

Also yes, I very much appreciate you backlogging literally every minute description about everything you've been doing all day to us random strangers you've met for all of five minutes. Sure does seem like typical PonyTown behavior."

"Heh, you sound just like my oldest brother. He's very snarky too."

Benny gave a big grin towards his fellow dragonkin. Benny was about the height of a pony, and twice as long, so it wasn't because he was a massive specimen, but as a fire-aligned dragon, he had strong fire breath, and as part of the army technically, he had to go through their combat training. So he had some things going for him, that wasn't just *feral dragon fighting*. As the youngest of twelve, he also had a long history of being the butt of his older siblings jokes, so he had taken the brunt of a lot of hits. Helped him take a few hits more than the regular to go down.

That being said, he didn't want to fight, so if it could, he would avoid that altogether.

"You're wrong on the point on us dragons not getting a vote though. The old dragon lord didn't want to deal with ponies and the like, so he kept the Dragon Isles to themselves. Dragon Lord Ember sounds more reasonable, so I'm sure her voice is gonna end up carrying some weight going forward. We gotta trust our sprawling young leader, right?

And you know, they do know a fair bit about dragons. Well, outside damage, anyway. But thankfully I didn't need a lung transplant. I just had my hands cut, and disinfectant works the same for us both. Us dragons just heal faster. It's pretty fun though, when they come in and ask questions about how dragons are in general though, to learn more. Like you said, we don't always had a lot to do with one another in the past, but it's a brave new world now, right? Our dragon lord is on friendly terms with the local princess, and that means there's more of us coming around to mingle now. You should just see how Fillydelphia are looking. My parents live there these days. I think it'd be a good place for you to have a look around. Really opens up your perspective to things, and you sound like you could use that. This here's an Equine world mostly. Best we can do, is to not try and hide in your small area, and get grumpy over how things are, but rather go and explore what they have to offer. Maybe, you'll even find that some of them will matter to you. Like this nice mare.

Heh, probably not as much as my marefriend, but then, dragon and pony couples aren't really that common. I'm guessing you'd be against that too? Just lay it out if it is, friend. Best to just get it out of your system, and we can deal with it. I bet you can't tell me something on this matter I haven't heard before."

Kaltrop was a grumpy sort, but a lot of dragons tended to be around ponies, if they had their antiquated views to deal with at the same time. He understood. He had been around a lot of them, and got their point of view. He just didn't agree with it. Not that a lot cared. To a fair few, Benny wasn't acting like a proper dragon. He didn't like fighting, he dated a pony, had cast aside his real name, to use this more friendly one, and overall, were a smiling, happily acclimated dragon, living well in the equine world. A lot who had certain views on how dragons acted, tended to get confused when meeting him in fact, as he were being more friendly than they though his kind would be.

And he were likely about to get another earful for that. But hey, wasn't the first, and certainly wouldn't be the last.

========================================================================

@Starforce @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

"Crushed by falling debris, huh? Heh, it'd been Great-Uncle Kindle Boom all over again. Thanks for the helping, Cali. Can't go get myself killed already now, can I? Too many things to do, and not a foal to my name. Though this is gonna really hurt tomorrow, I'm guessing. But hey, better than being dead, am I right?"

"Gimme gimme gimme!"

Blitz would do her best to get to her brother, wriggling and trying to lounge forward, even using her horn to try and counter whatever kept her in place, be it physical, or magical force. But she were unfocused right now, so her magic didn't hold that much sway. And they better keep hold of her, or she'd pounce on him, like an excited dog, without thinking too much about how he were pretty much soar all over.

Not everywhere though. There were a nice little spot near his left, front leg's ankle that were pretty alright currently.

"Excited to see you too sis, but your big bro's in a mighty hurt right now. So a rain check on the hugs 'til it's better, aight?

Don't worry that she ain't answering. It takes a bit to get through when she's in this mode sometimes. She takes that after grandpa. He'd have been so proud, if he'd been alive to see her grow up. Mom were still mighty proud in association though. She loved grandpa, and seeing how Blitz took after him, really made her a happy camper. Worried as all hay too though, since she's as wild and energetic as he was. Reckless too, but we'll get it through to her sooner or later, how to stay proper safe.

And before you asked: I weren't jealous. Even though I could see that glimmer telling that lil sis was her favorite, she still showed me plenty of affection and encouragement. And grandpa was awesome, so can't fault anypony for liking one that's so much like him.

Wanna hear some stories? Like for his birthday cakes, he used to make his own candles? Usually he got excited, and added dynamite to them. Even on his last birthday that I got to join in on. I dunno what was the best. The glaze, or the look on Aunt Fuse's face when it hit her."

He'd let out a weak laugh, that were rather short-lived, as he winced in pain. Buggery mess this was, and it was probably gonna hurt for a while. Weren't that just a load of annoyance?

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

------

“I understand, ma'am. However, you will be taken for the investigation when a new missing report comes up" witnesses are still important despite the flaws of using them, there is always a silver lining that could still help them, like arresting the fake witness, “You must expect to be approached by a guard as you are considered to be a 'point of interest', 'and' a piece of evidence. Any questions?”

Tepe did not know much of what happened. Most of it doesn't make sense other than the worry of being hunted down by local gangs which explains why she's very worried for Cimex. He simply approaches her, putting a hoof and ruffling Sorrow's mane “I'm sure everything will be alright”

However, Tepe was unfortunate to be slapped in the face by fate when Razor finally arrives.

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Kujamih

------

Confirming her suspicion, Luna put a hoof to her face. Now, she had a feeling that the Boom siblings are actually...worse than what meets the eye. Luna would stare at Molotov without saying a word. Meanwhile, Blue would smile, seeing Molotov recovering and doing fine.

“It's a relief you're doing alright"

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia's face contorts into absolute disgust upon the foul odor. She was disappointed she didn't really make anything other than a stench bomb but hey, you never know when that may be useful. Something to learn from at the very least, that much was clear. "Silver Vine? Can't say I've heard of that, this is kind of like a needle in a haystack if you have no clue what your doing. The results can be really foul, or worse." Magnolia commented.

"What should we do now? Perhaps if we keep this mixture as it is...we can have a truly powerful stink bomb. Anyone would think twice to cross us when they catch a whiff of it for miles." Magnolia joked a bit, but she was fairly serious as she didn't know what to do next. 

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali sits down on the floor and pulls up a chair. Parts of her legs seem to morph over the chair. She was making her body have less density by her legs so it felt better when she sat down. She turns to Molotov and listens to him calmly. 

"Well I would be happy to listen to whatever you have to say. I don't have much I can really add other than that your family lineage seems to go back a really long time and you and your sister here inherited a lot of their traits to say the least. Exploding candles seems like an interesting story to say he least." she laughed gently at that, eager to hear about it. Cali looked to Luna, curious to see what she has to say about that.

Edited by Starforce

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Starforce

Light was a bit annoyed at Molotov being such a wuss on his pain that he couldn't help but intervene.

".... okay your bugging me out right now."

Light went near Molotov and touched his forehead. a shine came out of Molotov's body and went to Lights front hoof.

it took a while before the shine vanished.

"... there! is the pain gone?" as light said those phrases a pop came out of Light's forehead, and now blood is coming out of it.

" I really hate seeing other people skwerming in pain... so I took the pain away from you..." light said  while bleeding out.

" oh... please be carefull on your work space... always wear proper protective equipments(PPE). this is the last time I'm gonna clean you off of carcinogens aswell."

@Blitz Boom

On 2021-10-01 at 6:43 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Twenty bits. Okay."

Omen stood still for a moment longer, then slowly - to avoid Shrimp falling off - her mouth would open, and her tongue would begin to extend. Bit by bit were laying on it, nicely in a row, and as her long tongue would get to the desk, she'd deposit the dry coins down there. Peaks would likely think this strange, on account of them not being wet, smell, Omen apparently having them in her system, and the long tongue. Or she may just brush it off, like most others had recently. It appeared a fair deal worked under a kind of *I don't want to know* sort of attitude.

"They are there, yes?"

“That’s… twenty bits alright. I… sure hope those are clean.”

“No need to worry. Apart from looking odd, it isn’t any cause for concern.”

It was rather fortunate that Peaks still had her gloves on as she picked up each coin and wiped them on her apron. The bits Omen left on the counter looked rather fine all things considered, but the mare were concerned about health and safety issues arising from… regurgitating money. It might just be nothing, and she didn’t think too hard about any implications. The more pressing matter is if another customer would be walking in to see this happening, but it didn’t seem likely. This was the part of the day when business would slow down. In the moment, Peaks would take one dough and carrot ball and extended it to Shrimp. She was curious if it would enjoy this admittedly rushed recipe, something that she scrounged up together in the heat of the moment.

Peaks would put the dough and carrot balls into one bag and the cream puffs in another. Or rather, she’d work on a fresh batch as the pastries and the cream filling were separate initially. The latter would be injected into the former, a mixture of hot pastry exterior with a cold interior. It was a selling point for many; even critics would note how this combination was a simple but delicious staple of the bakery.

“Here you go. Cream puffs and carrot balls ready to eat. And about your question, Omen, eating air is an expression. Whipped cream filling is very light on the stomach, and when you take a bite into it, you’ll notice how there’s not really much of anything in it. You can try letting air into your mouth, and you’ll get an idea of what the expression means.

“Now, take a bite into the cream puff. Get in a mouthful of cream. You’ll notice there’s a difference. A lot more substance, and the texture is smooth. Lots of flavor and all without letting your mouth still feel empty. I guarantee it! The same applies to all of you. Try it!”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Windy Breeze

23 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

“I understand, ma'am. However, you will be taken for the investigation when a new missing report comes up" witnesses are still important despite the flaws of using them, there is always a silver lining that could still help them, like arresting the fake witness, “You must expect to be approached by a guard as you are considered to be a 'point of interest', 'and' a piece of evidence. Any questions?”

"Pop understand, miss guard pony. I heard sound, I am a witness. If you, or other guard ponies come, Pop follows. Will not cause trouble."

This were potentially bad, but then, was it really that? She were known for slinking around town, doing a little of this, a little of that. She had a home with Needle, but most of the time, she were the sort who'd wander around town, and sometimes made others wonder if she were actually homeless. With how much she were around, this wouldn't be the first time a guard pony had asked her questions, on if she heard something perhaps, and most of the time, she helped if she could. Only when it would go against Needle, did she become more hesitant about sharing some things, even if she did know them.

This were just another of those times, yes. And even if the guard pony thought she had done something, what then could she do, without evidence? Hmm... Maybe she'd have some of that. If that was the case... Well, Pop was loyal to Needle, but not the goons. If it were between her and them, and there were ironclad proof she had assisted them, she'd rat them out, and put herself as having been used. She was a helpful diamond dog. Needle could argue that she were just too gullible to have known better before it was too late.

23 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

Tepe did not know much of what happened. Most of it doesn't make sense other than the worry of being hunted down by local gangs which explains why she's very worried for Cimex. He simply approaches her, putting a hoof and ruffling Sorrow's mane “I'm sure everything will be alright”

However, Tepe was unfortunate to be slapped in the face by fate when Razor finally arrives.

"Razor, you're back already? Did you find her? What's the holdup? Is she in trouble?"

A few questions, with a lot of worry behind them. She of course hoped there were nothing bad going on, but sadly, it were possible that something bad were indeed going on, and they had to probably break out of here, and take action in some way.

=========================================================================

@Windy Breeze @Kujamih @Starforce

On 2021-10-01 at 8:32 PM, Windy Breeze said:

“It's a relief you're doing alright"

"Sore to my core, and please no more, heh. Seriously though, in our line of work, getting stuff just randomly falling on ya, or exploding, isn't all that uncommon. Gonna be some injuries every now and again."

Weren't the first time Molotov had been here for stuff falling on him, and wouldn't be the last either. Sure he took precautions, but with how much Blitz and him worked on, there were bound to be something happening sooner or later. Frankly he were just amazed sometimes, that they hadn't caught fire yet.

18 hours ago, Cali said:

"Well I would be happy to listen to whatever you have to say. I don't have much I can really add other than that your family lineage seems to go back a really long time and you and your sister here inherited a lot of their traits to say the least. Exploding candles seems like an interesting story to say he least." she laughed gently at that, eager to hear about it. Cali looked to Luna, curious to see what she has to say about that.

"The Boom family have a long, exploding lineage. But even in the worst of disasters, there's always at least one of us getting through. One of the other research assistants, even went and called us cockroaches. Wasn't very nice, but neither was she. That mare had a temper, I tell ya.

Grandpa did a lot of wonky stuff though, like the time he-"

16 hours ago, Kujamih said:

"... there! is the pain gone?" as light said those phrases a pop came out of Light's forehead, and now blood is coming out of it.

" I really hate seeing other people skwerming in pain... so I took the pain away from you..." light said  while bleeding out.

" oh... please be carefull on your work space... always wear proper protective equipments(PPE). this is the last time I'm gonna clean you off of carcinogens aswell."

Molotov halted his words and just blinked curiously, as he saw, and felt, what were happening here. With the pain just sorta seeping out of him... The hay was this? Some sorta healer thing? Was Light able to use heal magic? That stuff was rare as all hay. He'd be able to get tons of folks lining up, from town to town, just for a chance to- Ah buggering hay! That wasn't healing.

"What the- Dude! Not cool! I ain't gonna let you use forbidden magic, and then go die for a little soreness. Nurse? Nuuuuuurse?! Oh, bloody hay. Sorry about this sis, but I'm gonna need your toy."

He'd use his horn, and levitate a hand grenade out of Blitz massive, bulbous tail. Then he'd pull the pin, and throw it with magic out through the door. He'd open it if it wasn't before that. Along with of course, yelling out *Fire in the hole!*.

It caused a stir out there, though the grenade were completely safe. It'd just shake a bit, and then let out a puff of pink smoke, with a fart noise. He had no idea how Blitz made it do that, and from what he could gather, neither did she. She just found it fun, and were one of several things she had hidden in her tail, in case of emergency. What kind of emergency? Who knew? Could be a fire, could be a boring lecture. IN either case, she had things, and her tail was large and thick enough to hide things in with relative ease. At times, she even got home and when brushing it, found all sorts of things from the street.

Of course, this would only happen - as would the inevitable array of three guards, and a bewildered, yet highly annoyed doctor entering the room - if Molotov wasn't stopped in anything by say, Cali. Might be she'd stop him from calling out, or sort the issue. Or Luna or Blue might go fetch help right away. Something, that wouldn't include Light going and dying for now smart reason here.

=======================================================================

@Starforce

"Silver Vine is an invasive species of plant, that tends to strangle out trees, so it's mostly kept isolated when it's dormant, and if it tries grow further, the excess area is cut down, and the dirt salted. It's a pretty volatile thing, that can't be just roaming wherever. It's volatile nature goes into the potions too.

As for your idea... That would end up getting us jailed. Stink bombs are a popular prank thing, but if it's this concentrated, the smell could take years to clean out, and get so gut-wrenching, that nothing could live near it, and it would leave a large area entirely inhospitable. We'd pretty much be doing a large scale attack on an Equestrian population. That sort doesn't tend to go over well with the guards.

And don't get discouraged. Potions takes time to get used to making. My first attempt ended up with a white liquid, that suddenly took form, and tried to pull me into the pot. My teacher had a good laugh over it, once she countered the mixture. Least your thing here is still viable for others. It just needs to be made less concentrated."

Behind her, the liquid in the pot where slowly shifting color, but it'd be a few minutes more, before it were at the stage that she had warned about. Though compared to what they could smell from Magnolia's mixture, it wouldn't be so bad.

===========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

14 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“That’s… twenty bits alright. I… sure hope those are clean.”

“No need to worry. Apart from looking odd, it isn’t any cause for concern.”

"I've handled bits from her before. Omen doesn't salivate for some reason, so much of the bacteria within spit, that we all have, are missing in her. And the coins are... Stored separately. Omen is very special."

"I keep the coins in the third stomach."

"You're not helping right now..."

Omen looked at him confused, not understanding. Had she been trying to help someone before that? She did not think so, but perhaps he meant it helping, as in her helping them get food? But she was helping with that... Maybe it were one of those sayings that she wasn't supposed to take literal, which in turn just confused her further.

15 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

Peaks would take one dough and carrot ball and extended it to Shrimp. She was curious if it would enjoy this admittedly rushed recipe, something that she scrounged up together in the heat of the moment.

Once he saw that one of the treats were headed his way, Shrimp's eyes went wider, and he started to reach out with his small arms, and mouth, wanting to grab hold of the treat that he now considered his. It were being reached towards him at least, so surely it were for him, yes? And it smelled good. He wanted it! He'd even start to let out some excited chirps as it got nearer, though he still wouldn't snap after it with his mouth. For some reason, that wasn't something he did a lot, even though it had a better reach. Unless he wanted to bite a being, that were.

Once he got hold of the ball, he'd let out a triumphant yelp, and rolled it around in his hands, sniffing it to get a better idea of what this might be. And then, he chomped down. Got around a fourth of it in that chomp, and judging from how he seemed to just perk up, and then go ravenous on the thing, he was a big fan. In fact, once he were halfway done, he'd look away from the ball, and up towards Peaks. He'd still clutch it, and have his mouth covered in batter, but at the same time, he'd still let out a little happy song, and give her a quick noodle dance. Must look rather weird for her, to see the little draconic creature rising up from his spot on Omen's face, and wriggle around joyfully, but Rosa thought it was a good sign at least. In fact, he seemed surprised, judging by his risen eyebrow.

"He must really like those. Normally he doesn't do this towards strangers. He tends to hiss more. You should remember this place for when you think he deserves a treat another time, Omen. I'm sure you and Peaks could find a fair price for them if it becomes a regular thing."

"I understand."

Omen would focus directly on Peaks, and sniff the air in her direction. Rosa would neglect to say why she did that, and hope she just thought Omen smelled the baked goods. Knowing she were marked for life likely wouldn't be good for Omen's reputation. Or his, but he were trying to think of her first here, and not himself via association.

17 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Here you go. Cream puffs and carrot balls ready to eat. And about your question, Omen, eating air is an expression. Whipped cream filling is very light on the stomach, and when you take a bite into it, you’ll notice how there’s not really much of anything in it. You can try letting air into your mouth, and you’ll get an idea of what the expression means.

“Now, take a bite into the cream puff. Get in a mouthful of cream. You’ll notice there’s a difference. A lot more substance, and the texture is smooth. Lots of flavor and all without letting your mouth still feel empty. I guarantee it! The same applies to all of you. Try it!”

Omen opened and closed her muzzle a few times, to let air in, but she felt nothing from it. Likely had something to do with that whole *breathing* thing that normal beings had to do. She did try that too, but she were bad at it, as she barely ever did this, and it seemed unnecessary to her.

As that didn't get her anywhere, she'd pick up the creme puffs, and share them around with her friends, whilst Shrimp kept going at his own treat. It were somewhat more heavy than he were used to, so one at a time was best for him. There'd still be one creme puff left too, and Omen were about to store it as she usually did, until Rosa said that perhaps it were best that he carried it for now. She'd comply without causing a fuss.

All as one, they'd have them, and be ready to chomp down. Omen and Rosa at least, would take a bit at the same time. Omen looked as moved and enthralled as always, while Rosa raised and eyebrow, as he slowly chewed through this peculiar thing. Granted, he had tried similar before, but this were different, and he were trying to articulate how he might say so best.

"How can I say this..."

"It has cream."

"...Factually accurate, but not what I meant. I wanted to say, that this is surprisingly understated, in your sales pitch. The flavors are far more notable than I expected, yet in a good way, that doesn't seem to overwhelm too harshly. And the texture... I am not one for - pardon my expression - mushy foods, lest we are speaking fruit, but it is hard to not like this. I'm fairly impressed.

Sen? Lin? What do you think?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom
Ruby shrugged, guess leviathan was right, she clearly hadn't personally seen it as important since she hadn't bothered to remember it, and if Leviathan didn't remember it either, it probably hadn't been important to her either. "Your prank wouldn't have the effect you may imagine, Charir may be more magical than first assumed, but compared to our eastern relatives it's still nothing, and considering Discord looks more like them than us, Charir would most likely just assume it is related to them and not him." She didn't see the entertainment in lying to Charir like that, not because she cared about lying, but because it just didn't seem fun to her. "Also, I'm not necessarily that enthusiastic about purposely seeking out Discord, he may be considered good, but he's still as annoying as rest of his kind." 

She then addressed Marley "Are you sure she's still in the hospital? If I remember correct, she had plans to spend time with that not-so-secret lover of hers." "Though regardless, if we didn't have anything else planned, may as well go see her again, who knows, maybe there's more business to conduct." 

------------------------------------------------------------------

"How dangerous I am compared to something else doesn't really concern me, as I have the self interest to not get turned into stone or banished." Ceron pointed out, his voice was getting bit more steady, but his discomfort was still clear and strong "And you not hearing about me only means I have been successful on staying out of towns, which is good." "I'm keeping an eye on the sky to keep up with time, because as said, can't be here too long, it's not a planned visit or anything like that, I just can't be here when the sun sets." he thought for a second "You're a beings of nature, I guess it wouldn't hurt for you to know..." he looked around to make sure nobody was listening "....To keep it short, I'm not merely a pony, when night comes, I become something else, I don't control it, I barely share memories with it, all I know for sure is that in the morning I taste blood and flesh in my mouth." he was half-whispering at this point "That may be why you seem familiar to me, it may have met you at some point." 

------------------------------------------------

"Scorch is another infamous general, from the Solar Empire, she isn't as brutal as Sheez, but she's known to burn everything down wherever she goes." 'Not as brutal' didn't mean she wasn't brutal, all generals and really anyone above simple low rank soldier were quite brutal, that's how they got their ranks, but when compared to Sheez, it looked small "We mentioned her in passing earlier, we haven't seen her personally but we have seen the aftermath of her attack." "Our guard friend probably knows more since from sound of it he knows her personally." Sheska's tone was such that 'friend' was more than sarcastic.

Solar nodded "She used to be my commander." Sheska rolled her eyes, "of course..." "One of the longest serving individuals in the empire, she joined Daybreaker when the sisters attacked the dragon kind 8 to 9 hundred years ago, but unlike Sheez, there wasn't much social consequences from her kind, since all of those who minded were either dead or fled Equestria." "She was brutal in her ways and her attacks were always destructive, but while strict, as a commander she was a good one, she cared for her subordinates, and treated us more as friends than tools." "The way you talk about her, did someone finally manage to kill her?" "No, she betrayed the empire." the kobolds tilted their heads and seemed almost like they had hard time understanding what they just heard "What?" "Yep, with no warning, she went suddenly offline, and half of our unit was found dead, hearts taken out of their chests, among other details, it was unusually brutal for her." "The remaining unit's morale took quite a hit, and the new commander didn't help with that, I was tasked to tract her down for a while, but she knew what she was doing, she did some devastating attacks against both empires, destroying record amount of military infrastructure on both sides, before disappearing without leaving a trace after blowing up a secret facility focused on research of portals." 

@Blitz Boom

"It’s alright. I was able to get a feel of the bits your friend gave, and my apron’s still dry, so there’s nothing for me to worry about. And as for your little friend here… he’s getting something healthy with a bit of… well, not so healthy ingredients. I went with air frying the dough balls to reduce the oil. No way am I going to give that to a little creature like yours. Might irreparably ruin its health. I can't say I've ever encountered a refraction.”

With the way things were going right now, Peaks was much more relaxed compared to earlier. This was definitely a strange group of customers, but they’re alright, maybe even better than some tourists. The rowdier ones are those to watch out for, and they can get pretty aggressive. Not with this group here. Stiff Peaks was definitely going to go home today feeling better knowing she left a good impression with a little reptilian creature. Perhaps these visitors might become regulars in the future? Only time will tell. She'd try her luck petting and stroking the little refraction, but she wouldn't be surprised if Shrimp were to nip her for being a stranger.

By this time, Sen and Lin had taken bites out of the cream puffs despite not being hungry. They couldn’t resist trying something new, though they’d only split one cream puff for now and save the other for later. One bit in and… they weren’t exactly sure how to put what they taste into words. Sen would continue chewing through his bit, while Lin was letting her food swirl in her mouth for a little while longer. 

“It’s thick, I’ll give it that. This tastes sweet, and it isn’t light like air. Very smooth, too. What’s in this?”

“Milk, sugar, and some other ingredients I’m not at liberty to talk about. Please understand that I’d like some things to remain a secret. It’s what gives this place an edge over the competition. If others knew about the recipe, I’d be out of business.”

“Oh, understood. And this is delicious! I’m not going to try to give some long explanation. It’s good, and perhaps that’s the important part.”

Sen nodded as he was finishing up his piece. Seemed like while Lin was talking, he was already finishing his half of the cream puff. He may not be savoring the taste, but him grinning with some cream on his mouth was close to a sign of approval. The longma would immediately wipe his lips clean shortly after, but Peaks got the message. 

“Glad you all enjoyed it! Hey, if you all just want to spend some time to rest, there’s a park right in the town center. It’s a lovely place to relax while getting your bearings of the old town. Lots of tourists there on some days, but that’s where some inns are built. Every convenience all in one place, unless you’re looking for some place specific. Maybe I could point you to where you want to go?”

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia was a bit disappointed that her first time didn't amount to a usable substance within the realm of legality however at least she was able to make something at the very least. She smirked slightly at what Zeehva's first mixture. A foul smelling mixture was something she would be sure to remember all things considered. 

"Well at the very least we have an ability to make a very powerful weapon if we should ever have to use it. Hopefully not, but less concentrated versions of it would most likely be usable. The Silver Vine sounds rather nasty and parasitic, such things shouldn't exist in these parts around here. That would be quite the disaster, now wouldn't that be?" Magnolia quirked an eyebrow, walking over to where Zeehva was and watched the pot slowly changing its colors.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Cali was shocked at how Molotov pulled out a grenade and quickly grabbed it from him before he could pull the pin. "What the hell? Its an even worse idea to pull a grenade in here when all of us are in here, do you want us all to get killed?" she asked in a bewildered fashion. Since it hadn't gone off, she had no idea that it was actually some funny fart sounding grenade. Her eyes were serious and looked to Light. "If you are going to use your magic on someone it is a good idea to tell someone before you do so." she added to her statement.

@Blitz Boom

Dawn chuckled, "A fair assessment Lily.  Equestria's population at large would easily be considered novice, if not even blow that.  I would less question their skill so much as their drive.  Just less reason for such intense studies."  "That is changing," the detective piped up with a grunt as spa pony hoofs went back into his back.  Events in Equestria's recent history has spark a growing interesting in the study of magic.  Nothing too over the top or extreme, but noticeable enough the royalty approved the opening of the O.M.I.  "So maybe in a few years, we could see an increase in silver use," the mare with a plan tapping her hoofs together excitedly.  For Rising, that just meant more work.

"Possibly unpleasant," he smirked.  The detective could play along.  Flesh magic won't go over too well in Equestria.  Too focused on the cutesy and cuddly side of things over here.  Information that he's sure will be guided through royal, and ponies like his sister, filters.  No need to paint a new country Equestria wants to befriend as a terror until adjustment periods can be gone through.  Cultural exchanges could always been rough.  Already evident as more non-pony species mix in with their everyday lives here in Equestria.  Luckily we have a Princess just for these kinds of things.

"What a culture shock indeed," Grace hummed.  She couldn't fully grasp the concept or shocks that the two countries difference in magic could be.  Only able to focus on a language she could understand.  "Many ponies in the rural areas tend to such fashion, if even bother with cloths at all for the purposes of their jobs," the differences between the urban and rural almost in their own cultural rules as it was.  But between Manehattan and Canterlot, the pegasus only knew of the city life.  "Well darling, we'll be sure to give you a taste of what we have to offer," she affirmed.  The next part of these journey Rising wasn't looking forward to.

"Monthly," Rising replied to Lily's inquiry.  Although, just the massage, and he visited a more local massage parlor rather than zapping across Equestria to Ponyville.  "I'd say every couple weeks or so, or just when I need one," Grace offered her own input.  "I lost count," Dawn sighed happily.  "Ms. Dawn has a slot booked every week.  Or we also do house calls for our favorite clients," the head spa pony pipped up.  Stepping down from her massage on Dawn, she tapped her hoofs together and the other spa ponies did the same.  They ended the visitor's massages and another spa pony wheeled a tray over with a stack of hot, wet towels.  Each spa pony taking one and folding into particular shapes to fit each of the group and place them on their backs to send the soothing warmth throughout their worked muscles.  "Enjoy," the head spa pony sang and they departed so the group could relax and recover.

@Blitz Boom

"Oh, hair is good for all sorts of things! It gets caught in things. It changes color. I'm still trying to figure that one out. You can fly with it. I don't know how to do that either." As she spoke, Limbo walked in a random direction without a care in the world.

Fascination cradled Miss. Dreams heart while her mind ground out questions. When it came time for Limbo to express her wonder, a hesitation tugged at her.

The answers she had already accumulated were slipping through her grasp. She made a mental note that Shark was a swimmer that eats other swimming things. That would explain why she was afraid earlier. As if chasing the feeling of discovery, she picked up into a trot and changed her direction on flimsy whims.

@Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom@Starforce

Light was a bit shocked at Molotov's way of action that he couldn't react with the grenade. luckily Cali was there to stop him.

" how should I know that he'd throw a grande as his response!?..... wait he's a boom.... I should've expected that.... sorry Cali, you're right..."

" what was your plan there Molotov? cure my injuries by death?" Light said to Molotov. 

" anyway don't worry.... I don't die that easily. but you do."

Edited by Kujamih

@Rising Dusk

9 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Dawn chuckled, "A fair assessment Lily.  Equestria's population at large would easily be considered novice, if not even blow that.  I would less question their skill so much as their drive.  Just less reason for such intense studies."  "That is changing," the detective piped up with a grunt as spa pony hoofs went back into his back.  Events in Equestria's recent history has spark a growing interesting in the study of magic.  Nothing too over the top or extreme, but noticeable enough the royalty approved the opening of the O.M.I.  "So maybe in a few years, we could see an increase in silver use," the mare with a plan tapping her hoofs together excitedly.  For Rising, that just meant more work.

"You'll need what we have then. Increased magic use, will mean more will inevitably begin to practice dark magic. It is a school that will attract those of dark intentions, and there will always be some, no matter how joyful a place seems. Though, for the sake your own sanity, I would recommend you ask another to read the tomes I specifically can offer, Rising. If you would forever be able to remember the horrific details in those pages, it would drive you mad. Though I suppose, I did offer to give you a copy with less details. I could simply do that.

Yes... Give me a few months, and I'll be with you."

She knew she promised someone that... Was it Dawn or him? *sigh* She just couldn't muster the effort to care. They could have one each.

11 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"What a culture shock indeed," Grace hummed.  She couldn't fully grasp the concept or shocks that the two countries difference in magic could be.  Only able to focus on a language she could understand.  "Many ponies in the rural areas tend to such fashion, if even bother with cloths at all for the purposes of their jobs," the differences between the urban and rural almost in their own cultural rules as it was.  But between Manehattan and Canterlot, the pegasus only knew of the city life.  "Well darling, we'll be sure to give you a taste of what we have to offer," she affirmed.  The next part of these journey Rising wasn't looking forward to.

"It's natural to us, to wear clothes. Even if ratty and threadbare, we should have it. Harrowmark have a lot of swampland, and bitter winters. We need the warmth most of the time. It also helps hide our scent from what might lurk out there. We know most of the creatures we could face, but something new sometimes rises up from the muck. It can be interesting to watch, after we struck it down, but we don't keep them. Have to make sure to burn them. Only way to make sure it doesn't get up again."

She spoke of harsh things, but she were utterly, completely relaxed. Her muscles felt like they were melting, and a sensation of joy like she had never felt before, were swimming calmly through her being. *sigh* This were living the good life. She'd miss it when she had to go home, but she had a responsibility to fulfill. Though once connections were made, it wouldn't hurt taking a trip over here now and again, to get this feeling again. It'd likely be good for her back in the long run too. She did not find it thrilling in the end, with how gnarled and locked up she felt at times.

12 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Monthly," Rising replied to Lily's inquiry.  Although, just the massage, and he visited a more local massage parlor rather than zapping across Equestria to Ponyville.  "I'd say every couple weeks or so, or just when I need one," Grace offered her own input.  "I lost count," Dawn sighed happily.  "Ms. Dawn has a slot booked every week.  Or we also do house calls for our favorite clients," the head spa pony pipped up.  Stepping down from her massage on Dawn, she tapped her hoofs together and the other spa ponies did the same.  They ended the visitor's massages and another spa pony wheeled a tray over with a stack of hot, wet towels.  Each spa pony taking one and folding into particular shapes to fit each of the group and place them on their backs to send the soothing warmth throughout their worked muscles.  "Enjoy," the head spa pony sang and they departed so the group could relax and recover.

Clearly not an issue for Dawn and her mother though, as both mother and daughter seemed to go frequently to these things. They would have a healthy body going into their older years if they kept this up, and frankly, that was for the better. Though really, with how good this felt, it might be the long term effects were more of a secondary thought, than the primary one.

It was a shame when the massage ended, but it seemed they were on their next part of the treatment, which appeared to include warm towels on their being? Peculiar, but it was a delightfully cozy feeling, so she weren't gonna argue with it.

"I do wonder what favored client she may refer to. Perhaps the one whose more than likely pouring quite a nifty bit of currency into this place, hmm? Trust me though, you are doing a smart thing. Take it from one whom have likely lived longer than you both combined: You do not want to enter your twilight years, with soar muscles, and aching limbs. It is not a pleasant time to begin with, and things like that, will not help.

What of you, Rising? Are you only here when they make you? You don't want to end up like a huddled over prune now, do you? It's important to think of these sorts of things, before they get too late. Unless you plan on dying before you get that old. I always assumed I would. To think how it ended... It's almost funny."

=======================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-10-03 at 4:16 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"It’s alright. I was able to get a feel of the bits your friend gave, and my apron’s still dry, so there’s nothing for me to worry about. And as for your little friend here… he’s getting something healthy with a bit of… well, not so healthy ingredients. I went with air frying the dough balls to reduce the oil. No way am I going to give that to a little creature like yours. Might irreparably ruin its health. I can't say I've ever encountered a refraction.”

"You likely have not. The few we've met who are even aware of them, speak of them as being pretty rare. A shame really, considering how pretty they are."

It were curious how a being from their world, ended up having eggs, that came to another world, to then be picked up by one of Omen's nieces, and given to her. A lot of chains in that whole thing, that simply seemed odd, and made Rosa wonder some of this displacement, had something to do with their rarity. Had a large number of eggs been taken elsewhere, by an outside force? Perhaps intentionally? It were hard to say without concrete evidence, but it likely didn't matter much to Shrimp right now. All he knew were these large, strange creatures, and who he could trust. Details on his species were well beyond him currently.

As for trust, normally he would snap out towards those who got too close, or at least hiss, but the treat had put him in a very good mood, so when Peaks went over to try and pet him, he'd rub his head against her hoof, and let out a few melodious chirps between bites. If she kept on for more than fifteen seconds, he'd nibble her hoof playfully, as he thought this were a sign she wanted to play. And for him, playtime, involved teeth. Seeing how he were only just about the size where he could wrap around a regular pony's hoof though, it were harmless. Especially since hooves were sturdy. It wasn't a nose, for example.

"He must have enjoyed the treat even more than I thought, Usually he bites and hisses at strangers. The first few days I knew him, he went between begging me for my food, and hissing at me, or biting, when he wasn't hungry. He'll grow up and get talkative in time, but he's rather... Feral, at this stage in his life."

"He can talk. Shrimp?"

"Ohme!"

He'd utter the word, then either return to nibbling on Peaks' hoof - if it were still there - or would rub his face on her mane, affectionally, before returning to his treat.

On 2021-10-03 at 4:16 PM, EQ_Theta said:

"Glad you all enjoyed it! Hey, if you all just want to spend some time to rest, there’s a park right in the town center. It’s a lovely place to relax while getting your bearings of the old town. Lots of tourists there on some days, but that’s where some inns are built. Every convenience all in one place, unless you’re looking for some place specific. Maybe I could point you to where you want to go?”

"I can't say that we are. So far, we are merely getting our bearings, and follow advice on where to move on, place by place. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a view of the local park quite honestly. Though I do have a question: Do you have any place in this part of town, dealing with things such as survivalist gear, or camping equipment? I'd enjoy the option of a proper, out of town trip now and again, and it wouldn't hurt to replace my old gear."

It wasn't so much tents and the likes he meant, but... She didn't need to know what he did with the sort of things he could find there. It wouldn't be the best, and they had already taxed her patience enough right now. Could be harder to keep innocent though. He could have asked for places he could buy weaponry. That he'd not try and ask about, as much as find it himself, on a day there were time.

==================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2021-10-03 at 9:47 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Also, I'm not necessarily that enthusiastic about purposely seeking out Discord, he may be considered good, but he's still as annoying as rest of his kind." 

She then addressed Marley "Are you sure she's still in the hospital? If I remember correct, she had plans to spend time with that not-so-secret lover of hers." "Though regardless, if we didn't have anything else planned, may as well go see her again, who knows, maybe there's more business to conduct." 

"I suppose you're right. It was just a minor thought too, to try and get something done. But it sounds like there's more meaning in going with the bird."

"I do have a name. Have you considered using it?"

"I would, but then I wouldn't get to annoy you as much."

She'd wriggle her eyebrows vague at Marley, amused by his obvious annoyance at the degrading way he were referred to. She couldn't help it though. Wind aligned dragons were a teasing, joyful sort. The same place where the suggestion to mess with Charir came from, were also where her interest in poking at Marley were. It were part of her nature. And also part of why her father had been eaten, but y'know, he kinda asked for it, by going too far with it. In her mothers place, she'd probably have done the same.

"As for my employer, she will be unable to spend much time with her associate, until his *dear* mother stops pestering his existence with her presence, or someone manages to find what dark chest she have hidden what remains of her heart, they will be separated outside of seeming professional settings. And there is not a tournament yet. As such, if she is awake, she will be possible to conduct business with. I'm certain she knows of some location that she had meant to examine, that she'd be willing to share, considering your gift for telling where things of monetary value are.

Are we done here though, or are your brother needing more time to admire the trophy room?"

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Crow would let out a growing, annoyed cooing sound, and lift its wings up halfway, in a threatening stance.

".Pardon Crow, but I don't know that word. What is a *Lycan*?"

Crow had some innate knowledge of various stuff, from when he were formed, and among them, were the myth of the lycans. The beings who under the gaze of the moonlight, would change into something feral and often violent in nature. Their inner beast made manifest if you would. Nothing of the sort were something that Lyriel had ever heard of, with the closest being changelings. Though this were far from those strategic, multi-form emotion eaters. This were a full on, physical and mental transformation. And depending on the lore it could get quite rough, for both the one undergoing it, and everyone around them.

"Whatever it may be, I cannot say for sure if we've met. Many are the animals in the forest, and none yet have spoken of being a pony in the daylight. It sounds like you become a predator of sorts? A wolf? A bear?"

Crow made some more noises, looking still none too pleased about this, but that were more or less a given it seemed. It did not appear to be overly happy when it came to stuff that would affect it personally, and a beast in the forest might. It did not like other predators feeling superior to it.

"Crow claims wolf... Are you perhaps related to what happens at Howler's Den? The animals speak in great fear of that area, when the moon rises high in the sky. Not something I put blame on you for. What you go through, it sounds as if it causes you great discomfort, and worry. I can imagine you fear you may hurt your fellow ponies? A tragedy if that were, and I can understand that concern. You have my sympathy, friend.

Perhaps I can help you some evening? My presence is soothing for many of natures children. It may be that I could help soothe your feral self, and bring clarity to your troubled mind?"

===================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Now this one were more interesting, in a positive way, for Onache. Rather than the dismal traitor for a bad cause before, this one had seemingly turned around, and become a highly dangerous individual for both major empires. Knowledgeable in how it worked, and fighting it with brutal, heartless efficiency. It were perhaps not a rosy story, but with how that other world sounded in general, this were likely as good of an ending as one could expect.

"What a peculiar one, Scorch is. The worst nightmare I can imagine the empires would have, with her knowing so well how they work. To think about the damage one such as her could do, with whatever cause drives her forward now, is alluring. Yet actions are one thing. The reason behind them another. I take it seeing how you claim she cared for her subordinates, it may be related to you and yours, in some fashion? Surely there must've been some method to whom it were that she killed, over others of you? A common trait in the dead, beyond the lack of a functional heart.

Also, could we finish this talk elsewhere. I have had to work mind games here for the last ten minutes, as this talk draws attention. It gets dreary to do so whenever one of them hears something that alarms them, or makes them curious."

This were a fairly popular tourist shop, with other customers. She had assumed they realized that the reason no one approached them with questions, or called the guards on them, were due to her adjusting what went through their heads at what they heard. Some repression here, some altering of thoughts that would have lead to annoying actions there- The usual stuff for a mind bender like herself. And she could easily keep this up for days more, but it were still annoying her, and could easily be dealt with, if she were to simply purchase this item, and they could then leave. Which she would, provided there were not an issue. The clerk/owner were closely by as it were, so it would not take long to go and speak with Knick Knacks. A green mare with multicolored hair that looked wild and unkempt, along with a big, impish smile on her face. She almost radiated joy and hospitality... How droll.

If the others had no further to say, Onache would quietly go up and pay for her mug. Sure she could steal it, or have it given as a gift, but she didn't stoop so low for a mere mug. She had her standards.

===================================================================================

@Starforce

"Well, the good thing is that Silver Vine isn't found in much of Equestria. It's being handled when it pops up, and otherwise what there is, is kept in small pockets here and there. It is sadly not something that can just be eradicated though, as it is an important component in various medications. Iron deficiency pills, heart medication, and various sorts of stomach bug cures too. It's needed, but it's a balancing act to have it usable, but not overwhelming. So far, they're doing it well. And hopefully it will keep that way.

Also, please don't try and think of weapons you can make via alchemy. It's considered taboo. The zebra rarely exiles some of their own, but conspiring to make alchemy for the sheer purpose of war, or harming others, will have your license revoked, and sent away. It's even rarer that one manages to overcome their exile, and return humbled, but it have happened a few times. Others... Well, if they didn't care about the rules already, they don't care about not having a license, so sadly some of them are still out there, merrily doing that sort of thing. It's disheartening really."

The mixture would change color to grey behind them, slowly, but surely. Once the pot was full of that color, Zeehva would grab the gnarled, debarked stick that she used to stir with, and slowly stir, as she instructed. Once to the left, four times to the right, and then two times to the left, before pulling out the stick. Every rotation having to be roughly exact. And once that were done... Well, it started to rumble, and the liquid began to go into an array of erratic colors, that sparked around, like it were made of fireworks inside the pot. It'd also start smelling like a locker room, that had been cleaned in old raspberries.

"Just... Try to ignore it. It's fine. For the love of the ancestors though, don't put your hoof into the pot."

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

"Oh come on, it ain't loaded. It's a toy. And I'm trying to get some help in before this guy's a puddle of blood on the floor.

Seriously, what were you thinking, Light?! Sacrificial magic is forbidden for a reason. Don't care if you used a good version. This stuff's nasty, and it always costs somepony. And you''re bloody well looking like you're about to die. You're literally bleeding outta your head! A lot too."

Without the grenade thrown, there weren't as much of a fuss. The doctors mainly figured that Molotov had been clocked by somepony, as females had been there, and he had a reputation. So it would be a few minutes before a doctor would check in on them. A greying, yellow stallion with parchment white hair, and a pair of elegant, narrow glasses. Likely mostly meant as reading glasses.

At that point though, the grenade would have activated, and the puff of pink smoke would pour out, along with the fart noise, making for a weird display for the doctor to gaze upon. Though not as much as the stallion seemingly bleeding out. That would get the old stallion to move quickly, and use his horn to pull various bandages, gauze, sewing kits, and so forth out of the cabinets in here. Depending on how severe it were, he'd just do a quick patch, before calling for nurses, so they could start a blood transfusion. Which would include him asking Light what had happened, and what his blood type were. Repeatedly, whilst checking his pulse, and the wound(s) to see if things got worse.

He had chosen a fine place to start bleeding. But maybe having done this in the first place, and especially without warning, were what most would consider a very bad idea.

=========================================================================

@Loud Opinion

The shark mare listened with fascination, as Limbo told her what various things hair could do. It making you able to fly? Oooh. Such a strange, strange thing. She had not yet seen a pony use hair for flying though. Maybe it were something special, they did at special times? There were so, so much more to learn about these odd creatures she were now one of, it seemed.

"H-aaaaair. Hair. Hair for... F-lyyy... Fly. Hair for fly? Ponies very special. Can I learn to fly with hair too? Looks like pony, so must be like pony, yes?"

She were filled with curiosity and wonder, and frankly, as odd as what Limbo said, she'd take it as factual, until she knew otherwise. She wanted to learn after all, and that meant listening to what these many, many smart ponies said. That was the only way she'd learn to be a smart pony too. And now she had to know how to fly with her hair too someday. None on her tail maybe, but she had long, flowing hair on her head. Was that enough? She wanted to ask, but then Limbo acted odd. Turning around, wandering in odd patterns. And then, she sped up.

Her ears perked as she saw this, and she went into a happy, playful grin. This pony were friend, and friend could chase for fun. Must mean that now, it were time to chase! Fun fun, like with the fishies, but without the eating.

So she'd rise up from the ground with her wings, and start to fly after Limbo. And Limbo would find it were not easy to get away, as she were surprisingly fast. In fact, if she didn't slow herself intentionally, she'd catch Limbo quickly, but where were the fun in that? The chase were fun, so the chase must last longer.

"Hehe. Gonna catch you friend."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze @Starforce

" tsk... again this is nothing I can't handle." 

Light tried to swat the doctors hand off of him but the doctor was fast and nimble, avoiding any attempt of Light's swatting that it left Light amazed and impressed at the doctor.

" ... you're good."

as the doctor checked his pulse, a sudden change of atmospheric pressure fell upon Light. his face was left pale and in shock.

"Cali!" Light shouted without hesitation.

Cali was not amused of Light suddenly shouting at her, especially when she doesn't even consider Light as a friend.

" Do not shout my name! for I am quite near you and my hearing is fine! I am NOT deaf." 

as those final words left her lips Cali also felt the pressure that Light has.

( anyone, who has good experience in magic or time space distortion can sense the pressure... but not as strongly as Cali and Light... for this force is only targeting Cali.)

but the pressure was too strong that it forced Cali to take a knee.

" ahhhkk!!.." Cali was instantly knocked out of her wind.

As Cali was about to collapse and faint, Light took immediate action. he instantaneously came to her side to catch her. 

Light did not wait for the others to react and quickly stabbed Cali at the chest with one of his shards.

" I'm sorry.... but this is gonna hurt." Light apologized.

the shard that is now stuck to her chest violently pulsing as it quickly merges with her body, living no scar behind.

as the process finished,

Cali lies motionless at Light's side.

"hey... Cali... you alright now?" Light asked.

But Cali still remain motionless, staring at the floor.

".... uuummmm.... I can explain." Light said nervously to everyone.

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"It's Ponyville. We're flying over Ponyville," Karmic said in surprise, distracted from Enzo's melancholy. She did allow herself a peek into Enzo's future and didn't like what she saw one bit. The loneliness, the mountain, the isolation, it scared her that it lay in wait for Enzo. So she brushed it off and tried not to dwell on it. "We could touch down here and find something to do. A lot of these ponies scream at anything and everything."

"Would they be screaming and running away from me too?" Atzy asked, poking one of the gems in her leg with a hoof. She had no idea how regular ponies would even react to her. All she had to go off of was what happened in Canterlot and how Karmic talked to her. It wasn't much, admittedly, but maybe the ponies in Ponyville would be different?

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"You fought for what? Something unknown? A reason lost to generations?" Twilight asked in pure disbelief, unable to comprehend what she was hearing. What kind of creature does this to another species!? Twilight was going to find out but after a moment's reflection, she figured it was best not to ask questions she didn't want to know the answer to. So she sighed and shook her her head. "Regardless of all that. While you are both here with me, I want you two to not duel each other to the death. We've already got one ghost here and I'd rather not add more!"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"If Happy is happy about the food then I guess we could join him," Aurora said to Lulu and Flaxx, a bit of her nervousness coming back when the draconequus flew in. Her ears flicked at all the different sounds as she approached the picnic table and using her magic, ladled some of the soup into one of the cups. "I'm never one for risks," she chuckled as she looked at the others. "But ... I don't think this will kill us," she added in a slow fashion and after blowing on it, sipped at the pumpkin soup in her cup.

@Blitz Boom

DAZZLE GLEAM

"Weeeaalth?" Dazzle asked in a drawn out tone, clearly confused by the word let alone the concept despite understanding everything else Dazzle had told her. She sat with Long Stare at the table in front of her stew. "I have never heard of that term-" she began before smelling the stew and blinking a couple of times. It smelled of the forest, the meat smelled great, and the vegetables added their fragrance too. She gazed at the bowl and turned it to Chef. "This smells really good," she told him and after taking a bite, she chuckled a bit. "It tastes as great as it smells."

@Widdershins & @Blitz Boom

DAWN STREAK

"He isn't against dragon pony couples," Dawn said without thinking about it, poking her head out from behind Kaltrops. She didn't expect the dragon to shield her from him, even after she said boo, but there it was. She was being saved by a loveable dragon. "What would your marefriend even say about you judging other dragons without having actually talked to them first? Hm? Ponies too for that matter! ... but where is your marefriend? It ... might be nice to see how an actual dragon pony couple is."

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia nodded in understanding. Such a vine had its uses after all it seemed. As Zeehva spoke about the licenses she would smirk widely and laughed a little darkly. "I believe that I am beyond licenses. I get your point but my whole life I've lived without simple things such as an ID or what have you. Not that I planned to use these...methods to create weaponry, just that hypothetically if I were to I wouldn't have a license to be revoked." she spoke with a hoof to her chin at that statement. Her tail wags a little bit too. 

Magnolia stood there quietly as Zeehva shifted the pot around and observed its effects. Some things had to be quite exact it seems. "I'm not going to put even a single hair in something I don't know or understand, Zeehva." she glared slightly and sniffed the air. "Hmm, at least it doesn't smell foul like the 'mixture' I made." she laughed earnestly at that statement. 

@Blitz Boom

“Aww… He can talk! A lot of ponies will find that hart to believe, but you’ve pretty much convinced me, little one! He’s special, that much is true. I know it’s not my place to tell you what to do, but you look after him, alright? Treat him well, but don’t spoil him. We don’t know how things’ll turn out, but it’ll be interesting to see how he’ll grow.”

“We will. Thank you for these carrot balls, too. Shrimp really seems to like them.”

Peaks would continue to play around with the refraction, even letting him nibble on her hoof. No way will her friends believe the things that happened just now, but the mare knows this was a good day. It may have been rather lackluster and uneventful, but this group of customers just made her day. That positivity would go a long way to letting the day pass.

As for Rosa’s question, though, she’d give that a lot more thought. Camping and wilderness survival gear wasn’t a common enough request, but not many ponies would come to the old town to purchase those kinds of items. There may be a few stores around the town that could have them, but those would very likely be incomplete. They wouldn’t be stocking everything that could be used for camping, only the necessities, and even that was a gamble. 

“I’m not sure if I could point you to the right place for camping gear. There’s a general store at the town square that should have some supplies. If not, there’s also a recreations store in the area. The latter mostly sells sporting equipment, but they occasionally have some of the more outdoorsy stuff. They might just have what you need. Worst case scenario, you probably would need to go to the newer town, but the things you’re looking for will be expensive. That one, I’m sure.” 

@Sekel

"I suppose it cannot hurt to go there. Though I doubt they would fear you. I'm a more visible threat to them."

He would let out another sigh, then swoop down towards the town, and as could be expected, there'd be a panic. Most ponies would scream and run for shelter, or hide under things, whereas only about a half dozen in the area he landed, seemed ready to cause a fight. He did not much care though., Enzo did not think those he saw as threats. Just more short-sighted, irritating creatures. *sigh* What was the point in it all?

Then suddenly, as he were about to simply let off his passengers, and then slump down in the middle of the street, he felt something tug on his left front leg. And when he looked down, he saw an odd filly. Hair like a strip of fire, and a tail looking as if explosions were frozen there. Yet most remarkably to him, were what she were doing: Hugging his leg.

"Yey, giant kitty!"

A few around looked mortified, but unable to go forth. Except for a small mare, with a coat like charcoal, going forth to try and grab the little one. Yet she were too late. By the time she got halfway, Enzo had already taken a paw down, and tugged on the filly's stretchy back skin. He'd lift her up gently, until she were face to face with him, and he could gaze into her small, grinning face. The ones around seemed to hold their breaths, horrified at what were likely about to happen to the poor filly. That being despite Enzo not looking angry, just tired.

"Do you know who, or what, you are speaking to in that manner, tiny equine?"

"A squishy kitty. Boop!"

And with that, the filly just went ahead and booped his nose. No pause, no hint of fear at all. She just went ahead and booped him. And then just hung there, held between two of his fingers, and laughed her innocent, joyful little laugh. Right into the face of a sphinx.

Enzo blinked befuddled, then the sides of his mouth began to rise up, and a glow began returning to his eyes, as he let out a bellowing laughter. Highly confusing those around him, but causing this odd little filly to just go in and hug his nose.

"Ahahaha. Such innocence and wonder."

It were just so mindbogglingly silly, that he could not help being uplifted by it. Among a town of beings wanting him to leave, there were this one, who just came over and acted as friendly and welcoming to him as any other. Even toyed with him, as one might their friends, without even thinking about what it usually meant, when a sphinx came near. Had this been in the sphinx capitol, this filly, and her entire family, would have been imprisoned and educated in who their superiors were, but for Enzo, this were simply amusing, and helped him get out of his stupor.

It were wondrous what a little spark of that wide-eyed thrill and curiosity, that he felt like he had lost so long ago, could do to brighten up the day once more.

========================================================

@Sekel

On 2021-10-06 at 1:46 AM, Sekel said:

"You fought for what? Something unknown? A reason lost to generations?"

"We fought for loyalty. Everypony that went there, a thousand years past, volunteered for their task. There have never been, nor will ever be, anypony as loyal to the night throne, as the Shrine Maidens. It is the same devotion I bring to your throne, your majesty. Doing less, would be a dishonor."

It were all she'd have to say, lest she were asked for more details. But she had the feeling the princess didn't want to know right now. Though she were a curious sort. In time, she'd want their history. And depending on how she were, she'd either be horrified, or understand the position that Princess Luna were put in, when gathering them all, so many generations ago.

"Kkrthxxg. Intense, aren't they? Stubborn little equines."

The two of them would exchange a death glare, before looking back towards the princess again, and hear what else she had to say.

On 2021-10-06 at 1:46 AM, Sekel said:

"Regardless of all that. While you are both here with me, I want you two to not duel each other to the death. We've already got one ghost here and I'd rather not add more!"

A chittering, laughing sound came from the manetid, as she heard this, and would then point one of her bladed arms towards Last.

"Kzzlxth. Had we dueled for death, there would only be one of us left now. We just let out tensions."

"Hmph. If I duel tot he death, there will be death. This was just exercise, and I will expect anypony who joins your guard, to be prepared for things like it. I don't know how the others guards are in the capitol, but I will not accept weakness. I will make them a force that can protect you, and this town properly."

Twilight should have really thought on things, before making Last her captain, but the dice had been drawn, and it wasn't like Last were going to flog somepony. She were just going to pretty vigorous in her training, and some were bound to fall off. Probably expecting a cozy role, just loitering around. Hmph. Not on her watch, they wouldn't.

=================================================================

@Sekel

Really, it were supposed to be pumpkin latte in the pumpkin, but as she took the ladle down, and poured a bowl, rather than a cup, she'd find that it were now soup instead! Steaming warm, and just what she'd hope it would be. Provided what she hoped it would be, were nutritious, and delicious.

Flaxxy and Lulu would pick a bowl and a cup respectfully. The changeling would just smell it though, and set it on the table, whereas Flaxxy would start lapping it up like you'd expect a canine to do.

"See? All good and healthy. Mom! I think they like the taste. Stop hiding."

Out of a nearby bush, a creature would wander out, and bounce towards them. Well, most of a creature. It appeared to be missing its head.

That'd last until it reached the table, grabbed hold of the pumpkin, and turned it around, revealing a jack-o lantern face. As soon as the pumpkin were then set up on her neck, eyes would blossom inside it, and it would animate. The grin growing wider, on the attempted friendly face.

U1qLwB2.png

"Well duh, of course they like it. I'm delicious, hehe.

Welcome to my home, of chaos and creation! It's awesome right? Come ooon. Admit it. I've done really good here, and barely anything got out. Except for the stuff I made in the forest, but those are mostly harmless. Okay, princess weren't, but I dealt with that problem. See? All responsible and stuff."

She'd spit out a long straw, and bend it to fit into the top of her head, where she'd then take some good gulps of her own pumpkin juice. Yummy yummy, for any tummy.

@Sekel

Chop Chop responded to the compliment like he did much else. A small grunt, and a nod. He were cleaning up after himself though, so he'd return to that, so he could get ready for work soon.

"Chop thanks you for your compliment. Life hasn't always been easy after he was bit, but he's still a great cook. The scars can't take that away from him, and it's fortunate that Straw doesn't just judge him on his appearance, like others did, when he sought work.

As for wealth, it means a lot of bits. Our family used to be rich, and have become that again, but nowhere near as much as Scarcity, I think. Her antique store is pretty popular with the nobles and other well off beings, since she have a great reputation for only selling quality wares. And for knowing how to deal with customers well. Which isn't always easy with nobles. They can be pretty high strung and snobbish.

She once told me that *Most nobles are bubbles of arrogance, coating insecurity and jealousy. I succeed, because I cater to their ever-present want for more, to prove they are better than those around them, whilst protecting their little bubble.* She does not think highly of them, but as she says, she doesn't have to like them, to sell them things."

Once Chop were done, he'd put what he used, beyond the plates and utensils the two of them were using now, back in their cabinets and drawers. He'd then come and give Stare a loving kiss on the forehead, which she responded to by then rubbing her head against the side of his. Afterwards, he'd give a small nod, and a grunt, towards Dazzle, before leaving.

If she had something to say though, she could do so before he left. He could probably answer something briefly, before moving along.

=======================================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"I didn't mean to judge him, miss. Really sorry if it came out like that."

Benny gave a jovial, yet embarrassed grin, and rubbed the back of his head with his right hand. Looks like he stepped in it again there, eh? Well, wasn't the first time, and likely wouldn't be the last one either. Sometimes, he just sorta stepped in it like that. But hey, no harm, no foul, right? Seemed like he weren't being physically attacked yet, or really cussed out. Why, they even sounded like that wanted to meet a dragon pony couple! That wasn't always the case, unless it were to speak about them being unnatural. Hopefully that wasn't the case here, but only one way to find out.

"But sure, we can meet up with her. Come on, her store's just down this street."

If there were no issues, he'd lead them down the side street, and towards a rather well sized store at the end. A nice looking one with big windows to really showcase the rows upon rows of beautifully packaged, and presented, candy in all its many, many variations. From hard to soft, in many, many colors, sizes and shapes. The sign outside, went *Circle Pop's Candy & Confectionary*. At the mare in question herself, were currently outside, waving off someone carrying several gift baskets along with them. A rather large looking stallion, who'd give them a nod as he passed them by.

RwesyXt.png

He wouldn't say something unless asked though, and would simply be on his merry way, whilst the mare who had waved at him with a happy smile on her face, would instead fixate on Benny approaching her. She'd get a certain light in her eyes as she did, and would run over to tackle him. He stood his ground, but he certainly felt the worried impact of that welcome.

H4kcVq7.png

"Heeey, don't be worried here. You know my scales are about as thick as my skull."

Her face were against his chest scales, but the comment still made her lift a hoof, and push him on the nose as a response. Silly dragon and his silly comments.

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-10-06 at 5:07 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Aww… He can talk! A lot of ponies will find that hart to believe, but you’ve pretty much convinced me, little one! He’s special, that much is true. I know it’s not my place to tell you what to do, but you look after him, alright? Treat him well, but don’t spoil him. We don’t know how things’ll turn out, but it’ll be interesting to see how he’ll grow.”

“We will. Thank you for these carrot balls, too. Shrimp really seems to like them.”

"I think he will be big."

Omen had no real frame of reference as for how big they might get, but she were probably going to outlive him, so she'd get to see thousands upon thousands of years of him evolving before her very eyes. He'd grow big, he'd grow mighty, and in time, he would grow old. If he were like regular dragons, he may end up living tens of thousands of years. But she were effectively immortal. Not touched by the last four thousand years at all, which might indicate that she were more or less eternal, lest something odd happened, like Discord unravelling her. Though after her being settled in for so long, could he even do that? It were hard to say, but there were a lot of time to answer that.

"We still need to set some boundaries so he isn't over-spoiled, but he is but a few days old now. Let him experience joy and curiosity for a little longer, before we set too many boundaries. I can assure you at least, that he will be safe. No harm will come to the little guy."

The hoof nibbles were gentle like a kittens, and mostly just from a creature without many other ways to communicate and play instinctively, than with malice. A good sign too, since Peaks was a new face, and he tended to not like new ones, but it seemed them being around other creatures so much, were making him tentatively interested in them. And when they then gave him tasty treats, that meant to him that they were friends. Though as none of his friend group here involved dragons or griffon for example, he'd likely still hiss and be defensive around them. Considering his relations with cats too, a sphinx would likely cause him to go into a panic, but what were the odds of running into one in Canterlot?

On 2021-10-06 at 5:07 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“I’m not sure if I could point you to the right place for camping gear. There’s a general store at the town square that should have some supplies. If not, there’s also a recreations store in the area. The latter mostly sells sporting equipment, but they occasionally have some of the more outdoorsy stuff. They might just have what you need. Worst case scenario, you probably would need to go to the newer town, but the things you’re looking for will be expensive. That one, I’m sure.” 

"I don't mind wandering around at the various places, to see what essentials they may have. If need be, I will traverse further, but as a resident of this part of town, I do believe it best if I attempt to purchase as locally as possible, to help the area thrive. I can assure you, that we will meet again on occasion, with that being one of many reasons. Other being the craving for good baked goods at times. The days I've woken up, craving a properly made croissant, or a cinnamon bun, is not a low number. It's comforting to know a nearby place to wander then."

While he spoke. Omen would finish eating her cream puff. The texture were odd to her, as she did not generally eat many squishy things. More solids like rock, or crumbly like coal. She were undecided on if this were something she liked, but perhaps she would learn more from seeing how Hammond would react. Brother may know better than her, if this were good.

"IN any case, I thank you kindly for the advice, as well as directions. I will look forward to the next time we shall meet. Fare well, Miss Peaks."

"P...Ph...Fheeks!"

Shrimp tried himself to say her name, and actually got relatively close on the phonetics. The P was just causing him some issue right now, so he went for the easier F sound.

Omen would not move an inch, before Peaks were done with Shrimp in whatever fashion she were currently, and when the time then came, she'd start to move away, whilst he chirped happily towards Peaks. He liked his new friend, and her tasty treats. Hopefully he'd see her again soon.

========================================================

@Starforce

"It is admittedly a bit of a tame threat for most, but for those who wants to run a legitimate business, it can actually be detrimental to have your license revoked. If you're just in for it for personal reasons though, or already deal with shadier individuals, it doesn't really do anything. But there's not really anything else they can do, but bar them, and banish them. Going further is seen as too barbaric for them. It's the same in Equestria, though at least here, there's the chance you may get turned into stone. Or banished to another world. Equestria can get kinda harsh on their enemies really."

She'd look at the pot, and take a few steps further back. This was going to go on for a bit, and she'd prefer not to stand in the liquid popping off inside, and making the cauldron shake. Thankfully she had made sure to not do too big of a portion, so it should not be able to tip over. Though she stood ready, just in case.

"It could be worse, but it tends to scare novices when they see this, and they go meddle with the pot. Big mistake. It's just mixing properly, but there's some volatile things in there. It makes it a tiny bit unstable, but it's not too serious. Just... Gotta give it around four minutes. Once it stops moving, it's done. I think you'll like this potion actually. It tends to be something that catches the eye.

There's potions for just about everything really. Like... Yeah, I suppose, he's a special one. A zebra I knew in Zebrica, that went out a year ago, to fond his fortune in the big world. He wasn't bad really. Never harmed anyone, but he uhm... Used his alchemical skill for promoting fear responses in others. Stuff like making fumes that made those around think his skin was melting off, or things like that. Not to try and invade anywhere. He's a performer at heart, and for some reason, his fascination, is making scares. He tended to creep me out, but he were pretty liked by the local shaman. Apparently, it's a rarely followed, traditional artform.

I'd show you some of that too, but I don't know how to make those things. It was above my paygrade."

====================================================================================

@Starforce @Windy Breeze @Kujamih

Hee better be able to explain, because seeing what Light had just done, the entire room were just gawking at him in disbelief, uncertain about what the hay they had just witnessed, and what to do here. Did they call the guards, since he had just stabbed her? Ask question? Run for their lives, screaming like somepony threw ice down their spine? What kind of reaction were meant for this? Everything just froze, and even the medical equipment and notes the doctor had been floating around, were clacking to the floor, as he lost the focus to be able to keep them floating.

Well, Blitz knew hers at least. She were not gawking, but instead trying to go from reaching out after Molotov, to reach out after Cali. And as the gawking and confusion went on, she finally managed to wriggle free, and would rush over towards Cali.

"Cali? Caaaaaaaaali? Are you okay? Don't be hurt, human friend!"

She'd poke if able, and nudge the mare, unsure of what were going on, and actually for once, looking a little worried. Why wasn't Cali saying something? And where were that spark in her eyes? She seemed so... Broken. Like the cord had been yoinked outta her.

"What the f- Hay?? Dude, did you just stab her? I thought you two were pals or something."

Molotov were not one to throw the word *dude* around a lot, but this just really felt like the correct time, to just bust it out there. What else was he going to say, to this display of outright crazy, popping off right in front of him? *Oh bugger, what a spot of bother.*? Nah man. This here called for something special. And explanations. Preferably before the doctor got out of his haze, and would run to get the security guards.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia nods in understanding. "Yeah this place does seem pretty harsh in what it would do with those that go too far. Luckily I never did, and you stopped me before I would. Its strange though how it is like that, and so many don't know about it and live their lives in rather blissful ignorance. This world seems so sweet and kind and if you were a normal pony living in an area that never faced any of that you would probably never even imagine it. Look deeper, and you see how far the rabbit hole goes." she states and stands back a bit as she watches the bubbling in the pot.

Magnolia smirks a bit. "Oh, none of this scares me. It is actually what excites me seeing what this is capable of doing. The fact that so many get scared off just shows that they weren't prepared to do it, nor meant to do it. Its something that one has to embrace and examine without being afraid of it. For if it makes you afraid than there is no point in doing it. Fright could help out a lot with that actually. It is surprising to me that I've never heard of her temple despite how influential those ideas are." she pondered, putting a hoof to her chin at that question. 

A question formed in her mind. "Hey, can I take a look at you cutie mark? I wanna see what it is." she said, looking to Zeehva's cutie mark.

@Blitz Boom

Whet Kindle looked down silently, patiently and respectfully as Cover Up drew, like a good audience member. As he did, he commented on his skill and slowly talked as he went along. Kirins couldn't be faulted for being "energetic" ponies. "You're good at that!" He said with a smile in his voice.

"Yeah, Kirins aren't..." There was a very hefty pause as the kirin stallion stalled for a bit in memories of the years of perpetual, mostly pointless but barbed bickering nearly everypony in his direct family was known for. He hadn't really any direct, recent comparisons to how other ponies acted, but they way they fought sure would have left some scars on softer skinned ponies. "... good at expressing themselves. And when we do, It's... well, obvious. I guess is the world i'm, like, looking for."

Once Cover Up was done etching and stood back, Whett looked at it in appreciation and the soft smile of gratitude at just having somepony around to talk to. "Yeah? Like, I do maybe do it too often. You mean you don't burst into flame at will?"

@Sekel & Threadmaster BB:

"I-i was..." Kaltrop flustered at Dawn Streak's interjection. "Only commenting on his actions. Constructive criticism. 

A-anyways, You sure do know alot about Ponies, Benny. It's a long tradition of dragons to keep to their own cave and territory. Guess you flew pretty far to find a hoard of your own then." 

Kaltrop too, was about taller then the average pony and twice as long. But as a more air-aligned drake*, he had almost no training other then winging around on his own. His youth back being reintroduced among other dragons of his age group was mostly spent avoiding the near constant teasing of the teenaged generation of dragonkind. ...which, is pretty much the case with that age group of any species. Even then, if he had stayed with his birth mother, he very likely wasn't from that large of a clutch or very impressive of genetics. The bigger the dragon you steal an egg from... the more likely an issue they'll take with it.

Either way, if any fight provoked from Kaltrop, it'd be over quickly enough with such a light-boned, flying dragon. "More talk then fight" was still a thing among dragons, too.

"As for me, I don't much find myself trying to learn about others. This mare, I only know of because she is swift with her hoof. Hard to ignore a mare who charges you down." He snarkily gestured towards Dawn.

@Blitz Boom

“With all of you showing your little friend a lot of love and care, I know you’ll do right by him. He’s very lucky to have you all looking out for him. You know, seeing all of this has got me thinking about Munchkin. I’ll see if she’s really a stray or if her owner lives around here. Maybe I might adopt her and give her a permanent home.” 

Meow!

Speaking of Munchkin, the sound of a cat coming from the front door got Stiff Peaks to look to the front entrance to see the cat she was just talking about waiting. She seemed like she walked in on the conversation at the right time. From there, she walked up to Omen’s legs and rubbed herself against the Ki’Nathar’s legs, weaving her way around. Seems like in the short time she’s seen Omen, the cat’s already feeling affectionate for this strange creature. The same cannot be said for Shrimp, but how he’d react to a cat showing up and placing its mark on his caretaker is still a mystery. Perhaps Munchkin is testing the refraction, curious to see what happens. 

“You say you’re going to be residing here, mister Rosa? Well, let me tell you now that the first morning batch is always ready by 6 o’clock, on the dot. The restaurants and cafes around town come for their orders early, but there’s a batch of freshly baked bread for anyone hungry.”

“Thank you for your time, Miss Peaks. We’re looking forward to coming back.”

“And thank you all for visiting. The same goes for you, little Shrimp!”

The mare would return to her counter to wash up and continue with her day’s tasks, but she’d come out of this feeling much happier than earlier. These visitors are quite the group, and with Rosa moving in to the area, she was looking forward for them to be a more regular sight. Munchkin would give Omen her space and return to her pet bed to watch the group go. As much as she liked Omen, she’d simply watch her and the others leave and hoped they’d cross paths once more. There wouldn't be any following and leading for the little creature here as she would take a nap after going off on her own adventure around town. A home life may not suit her, but Peaks would give it a try and see if she'd settle in. 

“So, Rosa, I take it you’re looking to get some new tools? Lin and I don’t ave other plans, so we’re good with wherever you want to go next.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

(edited)

@EQ_Theta

11 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“With all of you showing your little friend a lot of love and care, I know you’ll do right by him. He’s very lucky to have you all looking out for him. You know, seeing all of this has got me thinking about Munchkin. I’ll see if she’s really a stray or if her owner lives around here. Maybe I might adopt her and give her a permanent home.” 

Meow!

Speaking of Munchkin, the sound of a cat coming from the front door got Stiff Peaks to look to the front entrance to see the cat she was just talking about waiting. She seemed like she walked in on the conversation at the right time. From there, she walked up to Omen’s legs and rubbed herself against the Ki’Nathar’s legs, weaving her way around. Seems like in the short time she’s seen Omen, the cat’s already feeling affectionate for this strange creature. The same cannot be said for Shrimp, but how he’d react to a cat showing up and placing its mark on his caretaker is still a mystery. Perhaps Munchkin is testing the refraction, curious to see what happens.

Shrimp popped his head out a little, and looked down towards the cat, as he heard it meow. He were cautious, and would pop right back into Omen's mane as best he could, once he actually saw the cat. He wanted nothing to do with Munchkin, even though a very low, barely audible hiss was heard. This marking how he were none too thrilled about how the cat were trying to push herself on his caregiver, yet were still too scared of cats to try anything else than hiding.

"It can be hard to say, if she doesn't have a collar on. Perhaps try to ask the local veterinarian, and see if they have any record of a cat with her description? She seems rather healthy and well kept, so it might be that she have other shelters too. Ownerless cats tend to be a little more scruffy. Depends on the area I suppose. She does not need to scrounge through trash here to find food, or go into ill fitting areas for shelter, as you are providing her with this, so she may simply be of a higher standard.

I find cats to be puzzling to understand at times, if I may be honest. Cat logic on occasion, does not seem to function like our own."

An understatement frankly, far as he were concerned. But be that as it may, she'd likely find that if the vets had no knowledge of Munchkin, nor did she have any collar on, she probably did not have a current owner. Though best of luck convincing the free roaming cat to remain mostly stationary there, or wear a collar. Really though, this might just be Munchkin's way of seeking an owner. He heard about cats aggressively adopting themselves before, so why not?

“You say you’re going to be residing here, mister Rosa? Well, let me tell you now that the first morning batch is always ready by 6 o’clock, on the dot. The restaurants and cafes around town come for their orders early, but there’s a batch of freshly baked bread for anyone hungry.”

“Thank you for your time, Miss Peaks. We’re looking forward to coming back.”

“And thank you all for visiting. The same goes for you, little Shrimp!”

"I shall keep that in mind. Until next we meet, Miss Peaks."

Rosa would do a formal bow, and begin to move towards the door. This had been a productive meeting, and a place he'd memorize for sure. Though he'd maybe to see if he could find another route than what the cat had lead them. He'd need to map things out in this part of town to be able to do so, but the more paths, the better. Might be he could find one that were faster. Of course, flying was the fastest way that he could go, but it wasn't always best to fly places. If for example say, you needed to remain undetected.

“So, Rosa, I take it you’re looking to get some new tools? Lin and I don’t ave other plans, so we’re good with wherever you want to go next.”

"I don't really have plans, no. I wanted to know if there were areas like this, but I still need to have my finances in check before I can re-acquire a set of workable tools.

In an ideal world, I could simply lay up my belt, and be done with it. But sadly, that will not be the case. I have two employers who relies on my skillset now, and as such, I must prepare, and remain sharp. But that will come in due time. For now, there does not seem to be a lot of time left for us to enjoy, before the meeting. Might I suggest that we do not linger in public when we are snatched away? I get the feeling the creature who handles our transportation, will not aim for subtlety.

That being said, we can likely enjoy a brief trip to the park. Often a meeting place for many local creatures, in various towns. Though if you'd like us to take it in fully later on, we can always just wait, and return home for now. Or do something else entirely. As you have access to many areas,. perhaps there is a place you think would be prudent for us to visit?"

============================================================================

@Widdershins

"If... If I burst into flames, I'd die. O-Or worse."

Cover Up had a tick at his eye as he said that, as the image of himself, covered in large spots of bubbled, burnt flesh came to mind again. He did his best to just push it aside, but something told him that he were going to have nightmares about this for some time to come. Maybe if he focused on something else for now, it'd be better?

"And uhm... T-Thank you for the compliment, sir. I don't know how to do a lot of things, but I've always had a talent for painting. When I got my mark, my mother made this brush for me, and my father the ink well. I've been painting since. Mostly on creatures. These tribal marks, that Equestrians call tattoos, are interesting to make. Not a lot wanting them around here though."

With his art done, he'd direct his brush above it, as the magic going over his horn changed from pale black, to pale white. And as it did, the brush would absorb the ink he had written on the ground with. Once it were all gone, it would go to the ink well, and deposit it back in there, before the large cork got stuck in it once more.

"I uhm... C-Can also take ink, and some black paint off of things. I'm hoping to be good enough to work with colors someday, but maybe that's just a dumb d-dream though.

Do you... B-Burst into flames a lot? Is that a thing for Kirin? I never heard of your k-kind before, so I don't know these kinds of things. Sorry. Nothing like you live, or unlive, in Harrowmark, or around our town. W-Well, the ruins of it now, I guess."

==============================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

12 hours ago, Widdershins said:

"I-i was..." Kaltrop flustered at Dawn Streak's interjection. "Only commenting on his actions. Constructive criticism. 

A-anyways, You sure do know alot about Ponies, Benny. It's a long tradition of dragons to keep to their own cave and territory. Guess you flew pretty far to find a hoard of your own then." 

"Ooooh, you meant He was judging. Heh, whoops. My bad there. No worries though sir, I don't take it all that hard. Draconic pride, and storied experiences with ponies, can get some of us a bit antsy, right?

And I guess I know my fair share. Been living here for a few years now, and it's going fairly good. Helps I'm not rhe isolation sort. My mother owned a teritory with a lava and hot springs area in Dragon Land, and got used to having others seek out the area. Long as they paid her tribute, she'd allow it too. Kinda like a hot springs here in Equestria. She also liked having her kids close, so we're a tightly knit family.

As the baby of the bunch though, my siblings sure likes picking on me more, but it's mostly not meant in a bad way.

So yeah, used to socializing some. Went here mostly because of my marefriend though. Picked up a letter in a bottle at the beach one day, and found a pony were looking for a pen pal. Figured I'd humor the pony a bit, and maybe have some fun, but we actually hit it off pretty well, and eventually decided to meet. Things just naturally evolved from there, and now I live in Canterlot. Not a future proof home, but it should do fine for the next few decades at least.

...Okay  I kinda lied, I do hoard figurines. Just find them rather pretty."

The other guards tended to be surprised when they came around and saw his collection, but Benny didn't mind showing off the various ones he had gotten hold of over the years. Sure it got him marked as a geek sometimes, and it might not always be meant in a good way, but that was no reason to get all fire and doomsday on them.

Moving on to the next subject at hand, would be Kaltrops' companion, who apparebtly had gotten to know the dragon, through sheer stubbornness. He could totally buy that, since this mare seemed rather head strong.

"Ain't just us dragons that are stubborn. Some ponies can be unwavering too, and if they set their target on you, they'll push along. Or do you mean actually, literally charging? Cause man. That's being really direct. Did you hold something she wanted?"

@Starforce

"The world have many sides to it. Most are lucky enough to not have to see the ugly underbelly. O-Or something like that. I just mean that things are more complicated, and less black and white, as some would like to think.

And yeah, alchemy requires a steady hoof, and conviction. It's not just putting herbs in a pot, and stirring. There's procedures, rituals, and sometimes even songs to sing to the mixtures. It's a very odd profession. Very satisfying if you do it right, though.

The same eay I'm sure Fright feels, when she helps someone in her temple. I dunno why it isn't more widely known, but perhaps she just likes it being for those who truly needs her, who'd then be told from others that have been there? Maybe it's to avoid those who'd just come there to be rude. Draconequui isn't overly loved by equines, in general."

At the questions about her cutiemark though, Zeehva felt silent, and looked away. She bit her lower lip, trying to think of what she should do here. Just explain? Ask for privacy on the matter? Flat out ignore it? But then that would seem rude. Especially over what Magnolia likely thought was a small, simple question.

After contemplating for about a half minute, she'd make a weak nod, and then pull up her dress, so that Magnolia could see the cutie mark. Or well... She'd see a drawing, of a droplet in four colors going downwards. It eere draw upon a large patch of scar tissue on her thigh, that seemed to have been nade from one of the more serious wounds, after her hoise fell down on her.

"B-Back when our house fell down, I got most of my wounds to my legs and torso. The biggesr is this one, where a piece of thw chimney tore in, and... A-And tore my cutie mark off.

It can't regrow on this barren skin. And I can't be rid of that, until I learn to move on with my life. Until then, I'm... Disgraced. I drew on it in a vain attempt to regain something lost, two months ago, when I wallowed in sorrow. More than usual. But it's not real. Just a memory of something else I lost."

She'd fight the tears on this one, and as some managed to escape her, would instantly raise her hoof to dry them. She did not want to cry on the ingredients, and contaminate them. Even when discussing something sad, like this.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

------

“No. I did not found her but found something really suspicious, and probably connected to Cimex's continuous absence”

Windy felt a sudden cold upon hearing Razor's statement “What is it, Razor?”

“Yeah, especially if it's really that important to be mentioned in your report” unlike Windy, the ominous feeling in Tepe was strong as he has been lost for years now. If this so-called suspicious activity is connected to Cimex, then they might have to make a move immediately.

Razor glanced at Sorrow “I saw a diamond dog talking to a royal guard. They said they heard some creature scream nearby, but that's what I got from them”

A red flag was raised in the diamond dog's dialogue but it could be possible she did not really talking to guards since diamond dogs have a fragile relationship with the pony race. Or it could be possible this dog is responsible for a crime being committed. Luna was against putting the dog who call herself Pop to the investigators immediately as it had been a sloppy move done by Ither guards like her “If you have found something suspicious, please go to the nearest barracks or police station”

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih @Starforce

------

As expected, this was not Molotov's first visit to the hospital. No, he had been here before several times, no doubt repeatedly infuriating the staff for his behaviors, especially the attitude towards mares.

But it was nothing compared to Light's risky act.

Amid Blue's horrified shriek, Luna could clearly see blood running down Light's head, staining his mane and face with red. If Light considered this a method of healing, Luna does not. Real healing is when target is getting better without the caster injuring themselves. This one was different.

What happened next confused her. Molotov some small round metal stuff which greatly alarmed Cali. Judging by the human-turned mare and Light's reactions and statements; the item called the grenade was not a simple plaything. Blue seemed to think the same think as she backed up a bit just in case something does happen.

The grenade did explode with a cloud of pink and a noise similar to a fart. It brought a smile which only lasted for a few moments.

She didn't know how it happened, but somehow Light decided to take a shard and give it to Cali. Or her chest. This earned a scream from Blue and Light tackled by Luna out of pure instinct.

“Just what the hay do you think you're doing!?” Luna hissed.

• Brohoof 1