Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@EQ_Theta

12 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Words can only go so far. It’ll be up to the folks back home to choose, but how do you convince anyone to choose something new when the old ways are so ingrained? How does anyone upturn history?

“I… don’t suppose the topic’s becoming a little too deep for a conversation like this? No need to answer that last question, everyone. I’m just thinking out loud.”

"I personally find that the best way to convince others is by example. Show them something, or someone, good from the outside, as well as presenting them with something bad, which they'd be foolish to remain unaware of. Rosa is one thing, but as I understand it, he comes with the mindset of educating you about the pros and cons of working with the outside. You'd need something more tangible, and immediate I'd imagine. A token that cannot be seen as dangerous to them, or your ways of life, yes?"

"And I suppose you have some ideas?"

"Why of course, darling. One does not have an extensive network like I do, without knowing a little of this and that.

In regards to beings, I do know a few places where one might find a Dryad. Deer, Druids and Evergrown are all well and good, but they're all rather territorial of nature. The Deer most of all, yet the Evergrown are not far behind, as they have an understandable history of mistrust with the outside world, and even those who wanders it now, have certain ingrained things that could prove an issue. Druids less so, but with the recent conflict in Germane, the Druidic sects as a whole, have heeded the call to return to where they all began, in the name of their faith."

"What conflict?"

"The new chancellor decided that they wanted to make a showing that a new age had begun for the country, by firing a cannon into the heart of their ancestral forest. The wildfire were extensive. As were sadly, the loss of lives, from both druids and locals alike.

There have always been some underlying tensions between the order, and the more progressive parts of the country, but there were never a want for any side to instigate open conflict. This impromptu action have cause the pot to stir though. The worst have been averted, by the new chancellor immediately being removed from his position, and handed over to the Druids for whatever punishment he saw fit, considering he did more harm to them, than any others. Yet the tensions are not gone. Some are beginning to openly applaud his actions, and demand for both him to be released, and the Druids to surrender and face harsh punishment, for what they see as unlawful imprisonment. Whereas some Druids are voicing their wish for revenge, by the way suggestion that they make the wilderness swallow one of their cities, citizens and all.

Thankfully, it is but the young and spineless who speak of this, and those in power on both sides, have no interest in this escalating further into open war. Neither does most of the country, who have come together together in mourning of those dead on either side of the debate.

Ah, but words do carry, and tensions are high. The Druids are being called from all corners of the world now, to come and help them restore the forest, as well as partake in the burial rituals. I have doubt it is even possible to get hold of one of them, within the next few months, if not longer. And those who might, will not be in a good state of mind. Their ancestral forest are rather vital to their faith and powers after all.

I'll refrain from mentioning the violence that have been done on both sides in more details too. Grizzly business, that I hold doubt you'd wish to know about. Just suffice it to say, that they are best left be, for the time being.

Dryads are a simpler breed. If there is a forest, and being who live in harmony with it, they are openhearted, kind, and polite. The only exception being those of the Silver Valley in the Dragon Lands, but they're isolated, and shouldn't prove an issue. For beings like the longma, perhaps meeting an outsider such as this, might be a good way to show them that there are others out there, who not only respect their way of life, but follow it too, and would be joyful to meet them.

They are magic users though, but not in the traditional sense, of beings like unicorns, and dragons. Purely natural in nature. Communing with plant and animal life, assisting plants in growing faster, and controlling nature too, to some extend, are more their thing. And in case things becomes hectic, they can retreat through the ground, and withdraw into the forest. They prefer to avoid conflict, rather than seek it out.

I'd be more than happy to direct you towards a pair who owes me a favor or five. In exchange for a favor of yours too. Not something that would need to be done with any haste, but I do like keeping favors ready, in case they are needed. You never know whom you may need, in any given situation."

12 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Whatever may come, Ms. Scarcity, we’ll be careful with our approach. Maybe taking things slow should be enough to convince the longma. As much as the idea of introducing new creatures sounds good, I fear for them just as I fear for the folks back home.”

Lin downed her drink, satisfied with the time its taken for her to enjoy the taste. It was a good blend, and the mixture came together with its sweetness building up with each ingredient. Sen would take this time to get a sip, but judging by his conversation with Angie, he is content with staying, at least for a while. He seems keen on gaining some insight from Angie and her experiences, maybe even from Scarcity. Skeptical as she may be, Lin still saw some benefit in hearing more.

"Is nothing wrohng in being cahreful, friend. De worldvorld, is a dangerous plahce, with many creatures. Not all good. Is smart you are cahreful about it. Your seemple life is important, yes? Come friend. Here. Have more tea. Tell us what you are afraid of, weehl happen."

Angie would pour another cup of tea up for Lin, grinning heartedly all along. Whereas Scarcity were more cool and restrained in her way of presenting herself, Angie were more bombastic and open. Embracing the splendor of life, and enjoying even a little talk such as this immensely. It could be a little too in the face for some though, who were more used to calm ponies, but Angie didn't really care. Let them think what they wanted.

=================================================================

@Kujamih @Thunder Light @Starforce

On 2021-11-17 at 3:20 PM, Kujamih said:

as the smoke came off Cali Quickly dashed towards it in a flash, that entering it made a vacuum going in. she then quickly pass Molotov and handed over Blitz on his face.

after that she jumped quite high leaving the smoke bomb and directly under the fleeing Light.

With Blitz suddenly clutching his face, unable to see or hear anything distinctive, and Puff hiding beneath him, with Carmen going further into his mane for cover too, Moloto9v did the best thing he could right now. Stand completely still, and wait for something to happen. Cause right now, he weren't gonna be able to do a darn thing, and Blitz were still trying to figure out what were happening too, so she just kept on, and tried looking around. It'd still be some time before the smoke lifted properly, so there'd be time for Light and Cali to get their grizzly business done, under the cover of *darkness*.

as the dust of the broken crystal flow through the wind, a whisper can be heard.

" we do as we please. all is written within our will..."

Cali could only stare at the flowing dust unpleased...

There would be a small opening, in which one could observe what happened between Light and Cali. Yet Blitz were still latched on to Molotov there, covering his face, and were looking in the other direction. Mostly because a swarm of around fifteen butterflies had chosen that time to pass by, and she had a poor attention span.

Now normall, Puff and her kin, would protect their masters, via portals. If there were dangers, they would be taken away. Yet she were still unsure who her actual master were, and if she should protect them both. Plus, she felt something off, about that master. Like there were another part of him somewhere, and this one were subtly, yet notably changing. So she were uncertain what to do, and when it finally seemed like there were danger she had to act upon, it were too late. As the only one of the four of them - Carmen were trying to pry Blitz off of Molotov's face, which were not happening, as she were such a small spider - who witnessed it, yet still felt her master somewhere, Puff were very, very confused at what she had just seen.

While the others were dealing with their things, and the last bit of smoke started to waft off, she would wander over towards Cali with some hesitation, as she weren't sure what the creature would do. Her voice would waft into Cali's mind, as the curious, chittering voice asked with a great deal of confusion.

"What happen... To other master? I still feel... Him somewhere."

=================================================================

@Kujamih @Loud Opinion

9 hours ago, Limbo Dreams said:

"I'm not an expert on the real world," Limbo prefaces in a high whisper as she cowers behind Shark, "but even I know ponies don't come out of thin air!"

"Listen, Shark. That pony is chaos. If he can appear out of nowhere, then who knows what else he could do to us!"

"Chaaaaaaa-os. Chaos... Special friend used chaos on me. Now I am friend too.

Maybe she brought new friend here too? New friend? Were you... Sooome-thiiiing. Something. Were you something else too? Metal thing?"

Shark - which seemed to be her calling marker for the time being - would keep sniffing at Light, wanting to find some sort of idea of what the deal with him were. Because yeah, he had come out of nowhere. She hadn't heard or smelled him, before he were right here. And she had a good nose, she'd know. His smell were quite unique.

"Smell metal. Does chaos smell like metal, friend?"

She'd look towards Limbo for a few seconds, as she hoped to get an answer, before turning around to smell Light again. And it was at that point, something special were going to happen.

".... oh crap!"

Light dashed away from the shark and prepared for the worse.

" what a worse time to be spitting blood on someone..... h-hello friend.... you okay?... I'm sorry....soooorrrrrrryyy" Light nervously said.

Shark would take a few steps back, confused at first, and then, she'd start to lick herself around her mouth, gobbling up the blood.

In case his blood were weird, like extra metallic, she'd then spit it out, and brush her tongue on the ground, talking about *bad tasting new friend*. Then rolls around to get the rest scrubbed off of her.

If it were pretty regular, she'd lap it all up. Then rub her hoof over her face, and lick the blood of of her white coat, with great delight.

Anomaly hadn't thought of much as she made Shark, beyond needing a solution to a problem she caused. But her point had been that this creation should not be an issue to ponies. As such, when she had forcibly evolved the shark a few hundred thousand generations further, in the potential genetic line that could come down the future, she had stayed to make sure the feeding frenzy at the smell of blood wasn't a thing she had to worry about. As had become evident though, down the line, as the sharks could eventually become what Shark were now, they had lost the bloodlust, as they grew civilized and smarter.

There were no guarantee sharks would ever end like this. This were just one potential, that she had forced through, as she liked this potential more than the rest, and it suited her purpose.

As to returen to the situation, whereas she wouldn't go into a frenzy, she would finish what were on her, then wander excited towards him, licking around her mouth.

"New friend okay? Are you hurt?"

She didn't want to be hurt, but blood did make her a little giddy. She weren't gonna tear him open though. That would mean hurting the pony, and as her creator has said: Ponies are friends, not food.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

17 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I personally find that the best way to convince others is by example. Show them something, or someone, good from the outside, as well as presenting them with something bad, which they'd be foolish to remain unaware of. Rosa is one thing, but as I understand it, he comes with the mindset of educating you about the pros and cons of working with the outside. You'd need something more tangible, and immediate I'd imagine. A token that cannot be seen as dangerous to them, or your ways of life, yes?"

Scarcity’s words rang true, at least when it came to showing someone who can set a good example of how not everyone from the outside is out to hurt them. Rosa already offered to help, and Omen could live among the longma. Discussing and convincing the elders to give them a chance would go a long way to really getting a message across. Combining those with the items Rosa left for Elder Ghilan, and it seemed like the siblings already had the answers they were looking for. 

It wouldn’t hurt to have other creatures to introduce, but given that Ghilan couldn’t say when he will be summoned to plead his case to the council of elders, it would have to fall to what the siblings had to help him out. They had suggestions to look for dryads or the Evergrown, two options that were also put forward by Rosa a previous talk about this matter. The elders put more stock into actions, as simple understanding, even mutual, would not be enough to convince them. Ghilan already knew the value of having allies from the outside, and his experience working together with Omen and meeting Mother gave him a taste of how the longma could benefit. Learning from Rosa gave him the resolve to try.

“Seemed like we had the answers to our worries among us. Meeting other creatures and learning about them would do a lot of good. It… it reminded me of my own experience… the first time I met Omen. It’s about taking a chance, isn’t it? A chance that things could be better, even if it may not happen.”

“It’ll probably be more difficult with magic-users, and I am saying that while realizing that it is rather ironic. The longma strongly dislike magic, even though Omen and I can use magic. I guess I hope to learn exactly why that is and what made them oppose the idea of magic itself. Maybe it’s just because we’ve grown up without it for so long that it is… unnatural?”

“Meeting some new creatures sounds like a good idea, but I think it would be better if that was done more naturally. Trading favors could get it done faster, but any bonds we make wouldn’t feel organic. No offense, Ms. Scarcity.”

Lin smiled and bowed as she received another cup of tea from Angie. As for Sen, he seemed to find himself relaxing a little more after hearing what Scarcity and Rosa had to say. There was comfort in learning the options he had were already there, ultimately figuring out that his worries came from himself. He took a chance when he introduced himself to Omen back then; perhaps it was time to do take a chance on the longma as well. 

“I guess… I’m afraid that I’d be putting my friends in harm’s way when the longma elders will meet them. We’re introducing ideas so different that they’d react in fear and haste, likely making things worse. I really want this to work because I know it can help them see that not everything they learned in the past holds true today. If something happens to Omen or Rosa or whoever we bring to the longma villages, I feel like that will be on me. The longma back home don’t take kindly to outsiders, and one wrong move could make end things before they even begin.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

"So you are Blitz Boom? Why are you so obsessed with explosions?" Plum Blossom asked, turning towards Blitz Boom. It seemed like there an interesting group of fillies have gathered, and she wasn't sure what to think about Blitz Boom. While she thought that fireworks are cool sometimes. "So, Blitz, what are you doing here? I thought I heard that you got kicked out of Ms. Cheerilee's class after what you did."

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia nodded to Zeehva quietly and felt herself to be rather fitting in the snow after all. It was quite nice to be able to blend into the snow with her white coat. Even then, she would normally wear a white jacket anyways which would help with the cold and maintain her ability to blend into the snow with it. The northern regions, she had been there a few times. Actually, thinking about it, it amazes her she didn't decide to settle down in the northern regions. 

Looking to the stallion she would let Zeehva perform her work, and upon seeing it she smiled slightly at the scene of Zeehva being helpful. While Magnolia didn't really have much to say to it she was quite pleased that Zeehva was able to use her ability constructively, while also gaining favors for her good deed. To the stallion she smirked slyly, "She's a real good alchemist, isn't she? Hopefully that fixes your problem. I'm actually learning from her at the moment." Magnolia spoke rather casually but didn't speak her name, as she felt that not everyone needed to know her name. "Either way we were looking for a stand here, so thank you. I wish you well." she spoke to the stallion rather awkwardly, yet hesitantly.

When they proceeded onward she'd glance to Zeehva. "I would go well in the Northern Regions of Equestria. Funny thing, that's where the Crystal Empire is. Maybe we could eventually move there together and I could join Cadence and Shining Armor, as we are family after all. Then once Twilight sees that I am living with them, we can have a more proper re-union under better circumstances." Magnolia concluded, wondering what Zeehva felt about that. 

@Blitz Boom
"Don't worry about it, I think his position is for avoiding walking more than anything else." Ruby stated without asking Charir anything, and she was only partly wrong, as part of Charir's decision was also due to being able to see everyone, mainly Ruby, and going on a roof of a train would be counterproductive to that since he wouldn't be able to see, or in most other ways sense the others from there.

There was a reason for why Ruby was bit dismissive about it though, and her next words would tell that reason, though before that she sniffed the air close to Marley "But speaking of worrying, what is it you're not telling us? You are tenser than usual, I can sense it." sure the fact he was insisting the train so strongly that he paid for it was also a giveaway of something going on, but Ruby was a predator, and physical changes were what she noticed the best. It concerned her slightly more than usual because she herself didn't notice anything.

Charir too looked at Marley in slightly different manner than usual, implying that he too sensed something off about him

--------------------------------------------------------------

Scarecrow only glanced at the various outfits, he mentally acknowledged those that were especially nice, but as it was with all other emotions, he didn't really feel awe towards anything, and rather just recognized their beauty in more pragmatic way.

He simply nodded to Lyriel's question, he wasn't fully comfortable with being around all this ponies, but then again, worst that could happen was he would scare them all away, unfortunate it would be, but ultimately it wasn't that bad, because it wasn't like he could feel bad about it beyond acknowledgement of it being not good. His lack of emotion was double edged sword, while he couldn't be truly happy, he also never could be truly sad or depressed, being in this constant state of neutral emptiness protected him from mental distress, while also making him fed up with his existence. 

He glanced the clothing in the building, trying to see if any of the reminded him of anything "This all is so...familiar, yet at the same time so foreign." It was weird really, kinda like the opposite of déjà vu, he knew he had seen something like this, but he felt like he had never seen this before. 

--------------------------------------------
The point still stood after Onache's explanation, in fact, the fact it would be only temporary made it kinda worse, that was how addictions were born, short term comfort over long term solution.

Sheska looked at her brother when Onache gave her offer to him, she hadn't realized Trox had been feeling that way and it was now her turn to be worried, but Trox dismissed them both with gesture, in his eyes Sheska had it lot worse, and thus damned be his feelings, they would be dealt with when Sheska was okay, though as anyone familiar with emotions would know, part of the reason he felt like that was the guilt he was feeling, guilt he knew he shouldn't be feeling.

"Kinda both." Sheska said, still more quiet that usual, the topic was unpleasant to talk about and she didn't hide it, though she knew they shouldn't avoid it until end of time, they both knew talking about it helped to get over it "This specifically is new, it happened what feels like yesterday" "We were put to sleep right after, and we were asleep until we ended up here." "So it's still fresh in our minds, and is going to be for a while." "But like I said, not the first trauma I've been through, and wouldn't even say its the worst." it had been worse when Trox lost his limbs, not because it was necessarily more traumatic, she had gotten used to separated body parts at that point, but because she had been all alone dealing with it. Trox addressed Sheska "Though I don't remember seeing you lock up like that before." "The guard did make it worse, not because him specifically, we just met him, but they all.. just look so alike...I...just don't let him touch me." Sheska rubbed her arm in uncomfortable manner between 'I' and the last part

@Zoom Jetstream @Sekel

17 hours ago, Plum Blossom said:

"So you are Blitz Boom? Why are you so obsessed with explosions?" Plum Blossom asked, turning towards Blitz Boom. It seemed like there an interesting group of fillies have gathered, and she wasn't sure what to think about Blitz Boom. While she thought that fireworks are cool sometimes. "So, Blitz, what are you doing here? I thought I heard that you got kicked out of Ms. Cheerilee's class after what you did."

Blitz would turn around again, up on the sphinx's paw, and look down as she were addressed once more by the other filly. So much attention she were getting today! She loved it. And this were a talk about explosives too! How could she not say something here?

"Oh, I've gotten kicked out of load of places. The class, the school, the library in Manehattan, the Canterlot orphanage- All kinds. Just means I have more time to make inventions. Especially explosives.

And why wouldn't I love explosives?! They're amazing. The wind just going *fwoooosh* by you, after a large kaboomie, is full of happy. And fireworks! Fireworks makes everypony happy, right? Right. So I make fireworks too, and fill the skies with pretty color, and confetti. I made a funny cannon too, just like the one Pinkie Pie have, to make stuff. Then I gave it to her. Along with many, funny kaboomies."

It weren't certain how many of Blitz's confetti bombs, and various fireworks clusters that Pinkie Pie used, were made by Blitz, until she left, but it wasn't an insignificant amount.

"I came to town to see my old workshop, and get some things before going back home to big bro's workshop. Maybe make a bit more fireworks too while I'm here, hehe. The Everfree Forest have loads of good things for kaboomies. Plants, bugs, and bark from the wood puppies."

Meanwhile, Jelly looked up at the odd filly, wrinkling her nose ever so slightly. Mostly in worry though, from what she heard.

"I think I'm starting to get why the teachers warned us about her."

=========================================================

@Starforce

17 hours ago, Magnolia said:

Looking to the stallion she would let Zeehva perform her work, and upon seeing it she smiled slightly at the scene of Zeehva being helpful. While Magnolia didn't really have much to say to it she was quite pleased that Zeehva was able to use her ability constructively, while also gaining favors for her good deed. To the stallion she smirked slyly, "She's a real good alchemist, isn't she? Hopefully that fixes your problem. I'm actually learning from her at the moment." Magnolia spoke rather casually but didn't speak her name, as she felt that not everyone needed to know her name. "Either way we were looking for a stand here, so thank you. I wish you well." she spoke to the stallion rather awkwardly, yet hesitantly.

"She sure got my vote of confidence. That stuff really helped me in a pinch, and I could see a lot worse picks for you, when it came to a teacher. You best keep them ears open, young lady. You do that, and I'm sure you'll have the best teacher around."

Zeehva blushed a little at the glowing recommendation she were getting. It was very flattering, and helped boost her mood some, and feel like this day were going to work out fine for them.

"And no problem on the help. Only fair, after what you've done for me. Just don't get worried when you meet Dread, aight? She's a lovely mare."

"T-Thank you. Maybe we'll see you some other time, and please take care."

Not the best way to end it, as she figured she could say better, but there it were. And with that, she'd wander off, and soon enough, have a question to answer.

17 hours ago, Magnolia said:

When they proceeded onward she'd glance to Zeehva. "I would go well in the Northern Regions of Equestria. Funny thing, that's where the Crystal Empire is. Maybe we could eventually move there together and I could join Cadence and Shining Armor, as we are family after all. Then once Twilight sees that I am living with them, we can have a more proper re-union under better circumstances." Magnolia concluded, wondering what Zeehva felt about that. 

"I... *sigh* I don't know. I haven't been back there in a few years now, and most I know, I talk to via mail. I always figured I'd settle down in Zebrica, and stay there with a large family. But I guess... I guess that's n-not happening anym-more."

A tear fell from her right eye, as she thought against of the loss she had endured, and she needed a few seconds to dry it, as well as get herself under control. She didn't want to start having an episode here, in the middle of town.

"I can't say how things will go, but the north might need an alchemist too. So perhaps there is something. Though I've never been in the Crystal Empire. I grew up in one of the smaller communities, a few miles from where the locked down place had been for many, many years. I couldn't say how things are now, but I suppose, it couldn't hurt to go there, and find out. FOr your sake too, of course."

Wouldn't be long until they found the stand they were looking for, and it... Well, it sure stood out.

The stand itself had a fair bit of empty space to the right of it, and what were there, were made of some kind of dark, oak-like wood. The shelves had a myriad of items on them, with a macabre tone. Voodoo dolls, miniature gravestones, jewelry formed like grave markers, or skulls, carved up, wooden skull bowls, dark roses, chocolate boxes, where the box looked like a coffin, etc. Judging by the holes in the variety, there were seemingly sale in this, and there were also a sign on the left of the counter, that were pretty odd.

"A picture of you, with potentially unknown presences: 5 bits*

The mare that ran this place though, were really notable. Dark grey and wearing not a dress, but a bunch of polished, iron chains. Proper thick ones too, that you'd usually see chaining a massive, strong dog in various depictions of old. A large one were wrapped around her torso about two times, and then down around her legs, down to her ankles. The same were there for her back legs, with a final chain, being loosely around her neck. And as she turned, they'd be able to see that in that, there were a lock keeping it closed, with a symbol of a half-burned candle, glowing ever so slightly. What kept them on her legs, instead of just falling off, as it appeared they were sticking well there, despite making a rattling sound? No idea. She were a unicorn, so maybe magic.

"Hello there. I welcome you to witness the wares, of one of the Macabre Clan's finest craftsmares. My name is Dread. What might you be looking for, my wayward friends?"

Despite how she looked, the mare's voice were calm and soothing. Her eyes, radiating with friendliness towards the newcomers, and she bore no real weapons. She were just a little... Special, one might say.

As for her cutie mark, it were a camera, with a skull in the lens.

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

There was a reason for why Ruby was bit dismissive about it though, and her next words would tell that reason, though before that she sniffed the air close to Marley "But speaking of worrying, what is it you're not telling us? You are tenser than usual, I can sense it." sure the fact he was insisting the train so strongly that he paid for it was also a giveaway of something going on, but Ruby was a predator, and physical changes were what she noticed the best. It concerned her slightly more than usual because she herself didn't notice anything.

Charir too looked at Marley in slightly different manner than usual, implying that he too sensed something off about him

It seemed his usual demeanor of hiding things, did not work well enough on Ruby. Marley supposed though, that he really should have expected that, as she had shown to have remarkable senses, even beyond what most other predators he knew of, could boast.

Being confronted about this now though, also made it rather sure that the gig were up, so to speak. Ruby had uttered his words, and now the other two were looking at him inquisitively too. He may as well explain it, lest they'd begin to literally roast him for information.

"Very well. Though take what I say with a grain of salt, as it may simply be paranoia, after the trip into the forest, and the thought of returning to it, causing me to think over things too hard.

I believe I might be stalked. There is a sense, as if someone is actively looking at me, somewhere nearby, and it will not leave."

"And when did you start feeling that?"

"About twenty seconds before suggesting that we avoided returning to the forest."

"I have rather good senses, and Ruby's better than that. We clearly haven't felt it, so either you're being paranoid..."

She let it hanging in the air, so that he could finish the sentence himself. She liked a bit of a dramatic flair, and felt this moment deserved it.

"Or I am being singled out."

"Any reason you can think of that?"

"Several. Most of them though, would include beings that were rather forthcoming. So if this is not the case here, I have a rather dreadful feeling whomever may be looking for me, would want a more secluded place. Such as a forest. Presuming of course, this is real, and not simple paranoia."

Leviathan looked around, but couldn't sense anything. Yet if Ruby got in the right angle, she might feel for a brief moment, that there were someone starring at them, in an angle from a dark alleyway about ten meters from them. It would stop soon after though, as would the feeling of being watched that Marley had.

If they went to look, they'd find no one in there, but there were signs that the dirt had been disturbed to cover up footprints, and a thick, flowery odor, coming from a stain near it. An attempt to cover their tracks, by whomever had been here perhaps? Or something dropped from the window upstairs, and the presence had been a cat rolling around the ground. Hard to say, but it seemed more likely to be the former, than the latter, as otherwise it were pretty odd, that say a cat would have that much interest in Marley. Even if he were a bird.

As for the whole exchange, it would be done in low voices, aside from others, as Marley did not want others to pry into this. It were none of their businesses.

=================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

He glanced the clothing in the building, trying to see if any of the reminded him of anything "This all is so...familiar, yet at the same time so foreign." It was weird really, kinda like the opposite of déjà vu, he knew he had seen something like this, but he felt like he had never seen this before. 

"It's beautiful in here. So many vibrant colors, lined up and ready to find homes on the bodies of eager ponies. Perhaps you once too, draped yourself in cloth, or warmed others with creations of your own?"

She'd look closer on a particularly soothing, green roll of cloth, with strands of lighter green interwoven, that gave it a grassy look. It reminded her of home, and the time when her friend Laurice, and her, competed to make the most birds nest, after a bountiful season. Flocks of migrating birds had come, and sought room to lay their eggs, and they had all been eager to help. The two of them, always so caught up in finding ways to enjoy the days together, had then made it into a competition. Laurice had won, but it were no surprise. She had always been the more productive of them both, whereas Lyriel had been more carefree and approachable. *sigh* Hopefully her friend would have clarity from her madness one day, and remember these better times, with a smile upon her face as well.

It were as she gazed upon this though, that she'd notice another movement, behind the roll. She'd hold a hoof out then, speaking the tongue which equines couldn't fathom, but Crow did. He seemed slightly alarmed though, which Scarecrow might feel, and would soon see why.

The head of an at least four meter long, tiger-striped python would poke in from behind the roll, and meet up with Lyriel. It would taste the air in her direction, and then, the two would lean in closer, until their foreheads met. They'd both speak with one another, between the wind through grass type voice of Lyriel, and the hisses and tongue-related noises coming from the snake for a little, until she pulled back, and began to run a hoof down the shiny scales of th snake.

"That's new. Normally she doesn't let anyone do this to her."

The voice of a pony would be heard from the side, as a stallion with flowing, blue hair, and a well manicured, yellow coat, that seemed extra fluffy, came from the side. He were wearing an immensely well fitted suit, that seemed rather clearly custom made, and as the snake saw him, she'd give a notable hiss in his direction. Something that made the thinly mustached stallion, give of a winning smile, showing immaculate teeth. This one seemed to be the sort who took immense care in his own looks.

"She's a very proud lady. She won't accept the attention of just anyone wandering in here. Only those who can appreciate the beauty of the store. And her."

"Ohoho, so you've heard from others what I tell them, I see?"

"No, she told me. Didn't you, Madamme Le Mihra?"

The snake would open wide, and let out a low, pleased hiss, with the pony suddenly raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"...Pardon me, but are you like Fluttershy perhaps, and connects with animals?"

"I am of the forest. I hear her children's voices, and her breath in the trees. Blessed be all, who wanders on her bountiful surface."

She'd keep caressing the pleased looking snake, whilst what were either the owner, or a worker, were looking increasingly confused. He even started to look towards Scarecrow for answers, as to what were happening here, as he were not finding much logic in what he heard. Or rather, it'd make sense if they were talking about somepony like Tree Hugger, but it were confusing, in the context of this mare. She seemed more well kempt.

=============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Kinda both." Sheska said, still more quiet that usual, the topic was unpleasant to talk about and she didn't hide it, though she knew they shouldn't avoid it until end of time, they both knew talking about it helped to get over it "This specifically is new, it happened what feels like yesterday" "We were put to sleep right after, and we were asleep until we ended up here." "So it's still fresh in our minds, and is going to be for a while." "But like I said, not the first trauma I've been through, and wouldn't even say its the worst." it had been worse when Trox lost his limbs, not because it was necessarily more traumatic, she had gotten used to separated body parts at that point, but because she had been all alone dealing with it. Trox addressed Sheska "Though I don't remember seeing you lock up like that before." "The guard did make it worse, not because him specifically, we just met him, but they all.. just look so alike...I...just don't let him touch me." Sheska rubbed her arm in uncomfortable manner between 'I' and the last part

Onache's eyes narrowed as things were spoken, though she did not judge their words, per se. Not alone at least. She had other things to see, and to judge them on, as honestly, they thought they could hide their emotions? From her? A changeling queen? Emotions were her kin's bread and butter. They knew it, from how to feel it, to cultivate it, to harvest it, and all in between. To think that one could hide emotions from them, were - barring a few augmented, or wholly in control of themselves beings - laughable.

"The brain is a complex thing. No solution can be done to fully remedy it on a short term. Not even a memory wipe, would truly help you, as it would leave a growing, crushing void in your mind, and attempting to find what you were missing, would drive you mad.

Minds are complicated like that. As are emotions, which i can well feel from you, no matter how you attempt to hide it. I can feel your grief. The complex mixture of pain, memories, anger, and fear, that makes for a deep seated trauma. What worries you have for one another. All are on display, as you cannot hide emotions from a changeling.

I am not a sympathetic creature, but I stand by my offer. If it comes to a point where it seems overwhelming, I can offer relief from thought, and decrease in emotion. I do not normally wait for a request, nor permission, to do so, so think of this as a special arrangement for you, as I sense you may need it."

She were at least tactful enough to not openly say to their faces, that she fully expected them to need it, since their emotions were being repressed enough, that they were bound to burst at some point. At least that is what would be, if they were like regular beings she met, but who could say with these two? Best she could do, were to go by what she knew, and assume it followed the same pattern.

She could be better at expressing that she just tried to help. A work in progress, but they'd get there someday. Maybe. If her big mouth didn't end her in trouble she couldn't get out of first, that were. Might be she'd end up humbled at some point.

"That aside, I won't pry. There's obviously something that's happened that have given you an understandable reaction to him, and others of his ilk. Whom knows of it, is your own choice. If others attempt to pry it from you, I will have them drooling on the ground. Hopefully it will be some time too, before we see that guard again as well. I do not have history as you do, but I personally just find him unlikable. Utterly closed off, in mind and emotions. Urgh. I cannot find trust, in one whom I cannot read.

Perhaps we should do something to take your minds off of things though. Pray tell, what does kobold do for fun, lest that were utterly outlawed as a concept where you were from? Perhaps there is some equivalent nearby."

=========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-11-20 at 2:46 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Seemed like we had the answers to our worries among us. Meeting other creatures and learning about them would do a lot of good. It… it reminded me of my own experience… the first time I met Omen. It’s about taking a chance, isn’t it? A chance that things could be better, even if it may not happen.”

“It’ll probably be more difficult with magic-users, and I am saying that while realizing that it is rather ironic. The longma strongly dislike magic, even though Omen and I can use magic. I guess I hope to learn exactly why that is and what made them oppose the idea of magic itself. Maybe it’s just because we’ve grown up without it for so long that it is… unnatural?”

“Meeting some new creatures sounds like a good idea, but I think it would be better if that was done more naturally. Trading favors could get it done faster, but any bonds we make wouldn’t feel organic. No offense, Ms. Scarcity.”

"None taken, darling. I only offered a potential solution. Your path is your own to decide. But do please get in contact if you change your mind. They're delightful creatures, and I'm sure you'd find them riveting company.

As for the ingrained fear of magic, I'm certain it have to do with some variation of dark, or sacrificial magic that took its toll on your kin, long ago. You'd be surprised how often that is the case with magic-averse, smaller communities. Even if some do not even remember the exact situation that lead to the laws around magic. History is sadly not always as well recorded, as one might like. The history of the first war between dragons and ponies for one, as well as how it were in the before times, are ones still shrouded in mystery, and with the only one who might know, unwilling to tell. I hope your answer will not lay forgotten, like this one did, so you might find some insight into what caused the unfortunate choice to abandon magic as a whole.

But I'm sure you will see in due time, darling. I wish you all the best of luck with your endeavor. Though I do find it peculiar that they are tentatively alright with Omen then, if magic is such an issue. As a creation of Discord, she is rather peculiar, even for one of her kind."

"I do not remember going there. The memories are gone. But I remember meeting Sen. Strange times since then. A lot happening.

I think I am happy I met him."

Omen wanted to say that she really were happy, but she still didn't know how that felt, so she had to give a tentative maybe. She liked them at least. She were sure of that. She had tried a lot of thing, and found some very good friends because of that, as well as her master. There were a lot to like, and she were sure she would not have tried even half of it, in this generation, if she had not met Sen. Or if he had taken off.

On 2021-11-20 at 2:46 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Lin smiled and bowed as she received another cup of tea from Angie. As for Sen, he seemed to find himself relaxing a little more after hearing what Scarcity and Rosa had to say. There was comfort in learning the options he had were already there, ultimately figuring out that his worries came from himself. He took a chance when he introduced himself to Omen back then; perhaps it was time to do take a chance on the longma as well. 

“I guess… I’m afraid that I’d be putting my friends in harm’s way when the longma elders will meet them. We’re introducing ideas so different that they’d react in fear and haste, likely making things worse. I really want this to work because I know it can help them see that not everything they learned in the past holds true today. If something happens to Omen or Rosa or whoever we bring to the longma villages, I feel like that will be on me. The longma back home don’t take kindly to outsiders, and one wrong move could make end things before they even begin.”

"If they try, I take him away. If they throw things, our siblings get them."

"But vhat is many attack, leetle one? Can you take dat many?"

Omen started to gnaw on a cookie, while about a dozen gates suddenly swirled up around her, and many, many eyes started to look out towards them, curiously, for a few seconds, before all the gates closed.

"I do hope Hammond can at some point do that. It seems like such a useful little trick."

"Mother said I can do many, because I am old."

"Bah, you seem so young, leetle friend. Vhat is your age? 20? 25, maybe?"

"Master Discord made me, when he ruled Equestria."

"...Naah, you is joking vith me, yes? Dat was thousand of years pahst."

"She ages well, doesn't she?"

Scarcity would have a light, short laugh at that, whilst Angie rose an eyebrow further at the unblinking Omen. Yet after a few seconds, she'd just shrug her shoulder, and take a sip of tea more.

"Meet so mahny strange creatures, yes? Vehry strange.

But if dis is truh, vhat of your leetle village, friends? Discord is bad news to mahny, yes? Very dangerous. Maybe they be scahred of her too, if dey know?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Lily appeared to have missed the fest of his own in reply to meeting a strange group of ponies on her first visit to Equestria.  That was alright though, at least it managed to reveal that Rising wasn't as feared as he might have left Lily with the cage incident.  Law enforcement shouldn't be feared like that.  Eccentric wasn't that far off, it was easy for Dawn and Minty to leave that impression.  Even though Lily's own comment was of course in jest itself.

"She just likes the idea of shining brighter than the Sun," Rising explained as simply as he could in a jestful tone.  Being ushered along inside by the leading mare, Dawn listened to Lily's concerns.  "An important reason you are along with us, darling," Dawn revealed more of her plan.  Who better to judge an acceptable outfit for an Equestrian representative than one from Harrowmark. Hopefully any amount of running will not be necessary one their trip to Harrowmark, but at least putting in the effort of show that they considered such things will help.

Inside the boutique wasn't all that large, at least the lobby area wasn't.  Lavender walls with little twinkling lights and a sandstone sandstone ceiling that matched the outside décor.  Along the outer edge of the ceiling shown down spot lights for lumination.  A salespony crested desk sat against one wall with more displays on platforms that stacked at different heights to keep multiple outfits on browse in a small area.  Nothing other than a few bags appeared on shelves for purchase, but had around Saddle Row long enough and one can see this kind of trend in the boutiques.  Where one might expect the cloths to live were hidden behind elegant drapes that laid closed to a much larger room of the shop.  The lobby was completed with a bright purple carpet and a couple of light blue stools to sit and wait upon.

Dawn trotted over to the sales desk where a cerulean colored mare with a bright pink mane done up into a bun sat dressed in a white collared blouse with pine trees dotted around the fabric.  The two exchanged pleasantries in short order.  "I'm looking for formal attire, stallion.  Light trim for law enforcement," Dawn ordered up in a charming tone.  The salespony nodded and adjusted her spectacles as she slid a clipboard from under the desk.  Running her hoof long the list of their inventory.  Finding what she was looking for, she dropped her glasses to dangle around her neck on a crystal string.  Departing behind the drapes into their store room.  

"Can it~  No.  What about~  Nope.  How about~ Nuh uh.  Maybe~  That's fine.  Fair enough," Rising resigned himself to taking a seat on one of the stools.  The salespony shortly returning, pushing a dressing racking into the lobby where a dozen different formal stallion suits dangled.  Dawn moved over to the rack, "Your assistance, Lily?" Dawn requested as she reached up to move outfits along the rack for better viewing.  Most were a mix of black, white, golds and silvers with different kinds of buttons, pockets, cuffs, ribbons and sashes.  Some with more, some with less.

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Thunder Light @Loud Opinion

~Cali and the spider~

Cali was still on edge and in High alert. as the spider spoke the only thing that registered to her is it's master is Light and it has traces of him in it. her only conclusion... kill it.

" you'll find out right now."  Cali said as she attempts to quickly stab the spider.

~ the light, dream of a shark.~

Lights blood was not high in iron or in any form of metal but very reach in Magic.

he would see the shark enjoy his blood... which kinda spooked Light, but she seems to be calm and isn't going into a blood thirsty shark frenzy over a blood kinda feel.

"umm... you can have that blood." Light awkwardly smiled at the shark.

he then tries to pat the creature.

if successful he would sneak in a scan on her body.

" hmmm you and me in a way are kind of similar..." Light said with sadness while forcing a smile.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

With an acknowledging wave, Magnolia would proceed forward and would ponder upon the stallion's words. Zeehva was a great teacher after all and she'd never forge that.

Upon Zeehva's tears there Magnolia would walk up to her and put a hoof around her neck as she allowed Zeehva to lean onto her if she needed it. "Things change, life changes...we are living witnesses of that, and not every plan one makes happens. If I manage to get into the family so to speak, I would obviously want you to be there with me and maybe you could be a Royal Alchemist in the Crystal Empire or something? If any place, I would be willing to stay there but I'd be willing to settle down with you anywhere you wanted. I am fairly easy going in terms of locations and I can survive just about anywhere so I don't really have too much preferences in terms of where I'd like to settle down. I want you to be happy." she said with a gentle pat.

The various trinkets and wears about the place were rather interesting to say the least. If Magnolia had more money she would find herself gladly purchasing a lot of these. Then again if she had more money she would like to buy herself some proper armor and garb. She always liked the look of the royal guards. If she was going to the Crystal Empire, she might as well look the part to begin with. The mare they came across was quite fascinating and Magnolia was not one bit put off by her appearance, if anything it increased her interest.

"Hello, it is nice to meet you. I am Magnolia and this is Zeehva." she spoke and gestured to Zeehva. "You know now that I think about it, I'd like to see what kind of weapons you got on hand here. If you have a suit of armor or anything I'd be willing to look at it. I am fairly rough and wild mare in some aspects, and I need some weapon on my person at all times while I am capable of defending myself with my magic, I'd like something physical, y'know?" she began with that. 

@Blitz Boom

“With the longma’s history going way back and them not remembering all of the details, it will take a lot of work to get the full story. Maybe there might be some benefit in figuring out how that mistrust came to be. No one seems to be interested studying our history, and understanding just why that may be could go a long way to helping the longma. They know the what, but not the why, and that is just as important.” 

“Discord is a sore topic for the longma as well. The folks back home didn’t meet him directly, but his influence was felt. They describe it as a ‘derangement,’ a kind of dread and unease when nature doesn’t behave they way it normally does. Discord once took over Equestria and allowed his chaos to cover the land. His magic reached far and wide, even to the longma. No one back home felt anything like it before, and knowing more about it could make things complicated. It’s something we’ll keep to ourselves, especially if that knowledge could hurt Omen.”

“One village knowing about Discord may not be much to worry about, but word can travel fast. It’s what the folks back home may conclude if they find out that worries me. Our village is going through some strange times, and big changes means the longma from other villages will be watching us closely. I don’t suppose you had an experience like that, Angie? Big changes happening so fast that no one is sure what to make of them?”

Discord technically took over Equestria twice, but the first instance was what the longma remembered. It wasn’t recent history, but the event was notable enough to be remembered. Discord didn’t have a face to the longma, but knowing there was an entity ascribable to the chaos was enough that they would react harshly if the word got out. Omen may not feel pain in the literal sense, but Sen and Lin hoped she’d be able to interact with the villages as equals. Knowing Discord’s involvement will create sour perceptions that will make interactions and mobility difficult. They are willing to let the Ki’Nathar stay because she proved herself capable when Solasan was still around, but things could take an ugly turn as their sentiments mostly bordered on being tolerant. 

The elders were the most concerning part. They hold a lot of power and influence, providing a path for the longma to set their sights upon. They may not be a spiritual leader for the village, but their power gives them sway over how situations are resolved. How they choose to wield their power is what gave Sen pause. Ghilan may be an elder, but he is still new and may not have the same power and respect other elders have.

On 2021-11-22 at 7:10 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"If they try, I take him away. If they throw things, our siblings get them."

"But vhat is many attack, leetle one? Can you take dat many?"

Omen started to gnaw on a cookie, while about a dozen gates suddenly swirled up around her, and many, many eyes started to look out towards them, curiously, for a few seconds, before all the gates closed.

“I’ll do what I can to make sure things don’t go there, Omen. Living among the longma means learning to accept you as one of our own, as an equal. There’s enough mistrust going around, and we should show them that there is nothing to be afraid of. Not every outsider is out to get them, and you are proof of that.”

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih
Seeing the seance begin to settle, Limbo's perspective followed suit. However, Shark's admission to being friends with chaos didn't sit well with her. Perhaps she misspoke or doesn't understand what chaos is. She wasn't ready to accept that her new friend was dangerous yet.

"Ahem," She cleared up in an attempt to steal some attention, "Well, what do you want?"

Intentionally, she hadn't stated who she was talking to. That was how she would prove if she was among the truly chaotic. A pony without order would naturally be without a goal.

@Rising Dusk

On 2021-11-22 at 6:04 AM, Rising Dusk said:

Dawn trotted over to the sales desk where a cerulean colored mare with a bright pink mane done up into a bun sat dressed in a white collared blouse with pine trees dotted around the fabric.  The two exchanged pleasantries in short order.  "I'm looking for formal attire, stallion.  Light trim for law enforcement," Dawn ordered up in a charming tone.  The salespony nodded and adjusted her spectacles as she slid a clipboard from under the desk.  Running her hoof long the list of their inventory.  Finding what she was looking for, she dropped her glasses to dangle around her neck on a crystal string.  Departing behind the drapes into their store room.  

"Can it~  No.  What about~  Nope.  How about~ Nuh uh.  Maybe~  That's fine.  Fair enough," Rising resigned himself to taking a seat on one of the stools.  The salespony shortly returning, pushing a dressing racking into the lobby where a dozen different formal stallion suits dangled.  Dawn moved over to the rack, "Your assistance, Lily?" Dawn requested as she reached up to move outfits along the rack for better viewing.  Most were a mix of black, white, golds and silvers with different kinds of buttons, pockets, cuffs, ribbons and sashes.  Some with more, some with less.

Quite the flashy place this were, compared to what she were used to. And not a weave in sight either. Maybe they had that in the back room instead? Had to be somewhere at least. Along with several seamstresses, to make all of these clothes. As for what she thought of them, she'd still keep to herself. Though she did like the look of some of the more modest things, that made one stand out in a less flashy, and potentially damaging way.

When they came up to the clerk, or whomever this were, she would remain respectfully silent, and let her speak in peace with Dawn. Instead simply looking over the mare's attire. Not bad all things considered, but a little too bright still, for her taste. Much of the clothes here in Equestria seemed to be however, so it were hardly a standard to hold her against. Least it were functional, rather than overindulged in nature. There were something good to be said about that.

Lily had a short moment of amusement, as the conversation between the siblings proceeded. Well, parts of it. As close siblings, they seemingly knew what the other meant in full, before it were fully discussed, so there were not much to take from it. Rather than entertainment, that were, as this were a fun little display to see, which ended in Rising seemingly accepting his fate.

And then, it were her turn, to go and find something on the racks that would show off Equestrian style, without being scoffed at at the royal court in Harrowmark.

"Let's see then.

Hmm... Too colorful. Too much extra cloth. Too stuffy. This one-"

She'd hold out an honestly nice looking formal suit. White, with gold rims and buttons, glittering along with the tasteful usage of dark, clean cloth in selected places. It looked like whoever would be earing that, and the matching tie, would stand out from any evening party, like a radiant star.

"- Would make him barred from meeting with the queen, for the sake of his own dignity. If you wandered anywhere outside of the city with this, you'd be eaten within ten minutes.

What else is there... Aaah, this one looks interesting."

What she had picked out, were not the most fanciful one. It were a sleeveless, onyx-dark suit, with a night-sky, purple-black'ish tie, sporting a few, tastefully downplayed specks of something pale, and silvery. The tie were of the sort meant to go into the suit, which would give a nice, professional look to whomever wore it, provided they had tended to their mane well enough. There were also a breast pocket, and a dark, faux-leather belt, where she saw a way to simply attach a pouch, if they could find one that matched. Unless there were one already. Nothing too big, but functional to have around the hip, and able to carry a few things.

It would end on his hip, before going down to his legs, and the matching pants were nicely matching in coloration. They also had pockets, and did not flutter about, but sit nice and snugly on whomever wore it, so that there were no chance of something getting snagged easily on a twig, or rock. The only gold that seemed to be present on this, were a little on the shirt, beneath the suit itself, but it were barely visible. Delightfully subtle even.

"Yes. A nice color, that would blend in nicely with the dark, if need be. Formal, but functional, and not restricting movement. Pockets to have things in, helps too, and the belt gives it a nice touch too.

I think this would do well. It have a formal look, that gives off a notable presence, without acting as a beacon for anything dangerous to easily see. Do you perhaps have a matching, small pouch for the belt?"

She'd ask the mare who had rolled the rack in to begin with, as she appeared to be the one who most likely knew. Though again, it might already be there, and she had just missed that it were on the other side of the suit, somehow.

"I'd suggest a necklace too, with something useful with it. A canteen for water, or some sort of magic crystal. Don't go there without having something on you, that'd be useful, in case something didn't go according to plan. I don't know if I would advice a hat though... Might be going too far. What do you think, Dawn?"

Sure she could ask Rising, but he were the subject right now, not the one making decisions. And really, he should be somewhat relieved. She hadn't put him in the finest, tightest business suit this side of Manehattan. This were more casual. For a suit anyway. And he'd be able to breathe, and get his hooves dirty. Who knew what Dawn would put him in, had she free reigns?

===========================================================================

@Starforce

13 hours ago, Magnolia said:

Upon Zeehva's tears there Magnolia would walk up to her and put a hoof around her neck as she allowed Zeehva to lean onto her if she needed it. "Things change, life changes...we are living witnesses of that, and not every plan one makes happens. If I manage to get into the family so to speak, I would obviously want you to be there with me and maybe you could be a Royal Alchemist in the Crystal Empire or something? If any place, I would be willing to stay there but I'd be willing to settle down with you anywhere you wanted. I am fairly easy going in terms of locations and I can survive just about anywhere so I don't really have too much preferences in terms of where I'd like to settle down. I want you to be happy." she said with a gentle pat.

"I think Royal Alchemist might be too grand of a title, and would indicate I'd mostly be doing it for the royals. I'd prefer not to. It's part of the code in Zebrica, that we do what we do, to help others. We don't get to decide to some aren't worth helping, or we bring shame on the profession. I wouldn't mind helping them of course. That's uh... T-That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying it can't only be them. There's a lot who'd need help.

I don't know if I'd settle down up there, but it's nice knowing that if it happened, I'd have company. *sigh* I'm sure my family, and old friends would like it. And I don't mind the snow really... I'll think about it, and then if it becomes actual, I'll give you my answer to it then, okay? Though your family would have to be spoken to first. That's the most important thing first, before there's too many plans put out there."

Zeehva were a little oblivious right now, when it came to the other meaning of what were being put forth by Magnolia. She thought of it as just a pair of friends, bunking up in a house, and not what Magnolia were likely thinking of. That realisation might hit her later on, but for now, she just thought of this as a nice, potential thing to do. Though she'd need to think long about this. It were quite a bit different, from what she had been used to think her life were. Then again, most things since the incident had been that...

14 hours ago, Magnolia said:

"Hello, it is nice to meet you. I am Magnolia and this is Zeehva." she spoke and gestured to Zeehva. "You know now that I think about it, I'd like to see what kind of weapons you got on hand here. If you have a suit of armor or anything I'd be willing to look at it. I am fairly rough and wild mare in some aspects, and I need some weapon on my person at all times while I am capable of defending myself with my magic, I'd like something physical, y'know?" she began with that. 

"If it's weapons you seek, I'm afraid you need another craftsmare of my clan. Wailing Willow is the one who does it best, but she stays at home, to help our family. Others are around, yet none here in town. Not many of us have taken root in Deltrot.

I work more in trinkets, and knick-knacks. As well as photography, of a special variant."

"What kind, if I can ask?"

"The kind where spirits may show upon. By the looks of it, there is several that would be there to join in, were you to try."

"That's uhm... I'll think about it. A-Anyway, we actually went looking for you, because we were looking for a stand. Nut Cracker said you might be able to help?"

"The old stallion send you? Pray tell, how's he doing? Is his wound easing up?"

"I gave him a potion that helped. It seemed he were in a good deal of pain before that, the poor stallion, but it should be all better now. Long as he doesn't mainlines coffee. It will burn through him again in just a few weeks."

Dread seemed to brighten up as she heard the news.

"Oooh, that's good to hear. My uncle is a stubborn old fool sometimes, and despite my warnings, he refused to stop working, to go to the hospital. I trust your words, since he wouldn't send you, if you were con ponies. Let's see if we can't get something ready for you then."

Dread would go behind her own stand, and pull out some table legs, a table, and a currently blank sign, along with a white pen.

"I keep a spare and some space, for when my shelves are abundantly full. Just put it together, and set up. And don't mind me if it seems like I speak with myself. Hmhmhm. We're not alone here."

@EQ_Theta

16 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“With the longma’s history going way back and them not remembering all of the details, it will take a lot of work to get the full story. Maybe there might be some benefit in figuring out how that mistrust came to be. No one seems to be interested studying our history, and understanding just why that may be could go a long way to helping the longma. They know the what, but not the why, and that is just as important.” 

“Discord is a sore topic for the longma as well. The folks back home didn’t meet him directly, but his influence was felt. They describe it as a ‘derangement,’ a kind of dread and unease when nature doesn’t behave they way it normally does. Discord once took over Equestria and allowed his chaos to cover the land. His magic reached far and wide, even to the longma. No one back home felt anything like it before, and knowing more about it could make things complicated. It’s something we’ll keep to ourselves, especially if that knowledge could hurt Omen.”

“One village knowing about Discord may not be much to worry about, but word can travel fast. It’s what the folks back home may conclude if they find out that worries me. Our village is going through some strange times, and big changes means the longma from other villages will be watching us closely. I don’t suppose you had an experience like that, Angie? Big changes happening so fast that no one is sure what to make of them?”

"Not back home, neit. But in de vorld, I saw things. Leetle place I come frohm, not have much. Den I go, to see vhat was in de books, yes? De vorld was nothing like dat. It was bigger. Scarier, and full of dangerous theengs, for a mahre like me. First few months? Aah, mihnd blown, all de time. Is hard to adapt to ahll of it, yes?

Your town, it will have periohd too. The mohre you show, the stragner it will be. Vas the same when I last visit home, yes? Showed and told mahny things. Not all to hear. Say it was not needed.  Is my ohwn fault. Came with too mahny things. Take advice, yes? Start slow. Give dem time to accept one thing, den cohm vith de next, yes? Dey will not like beeg change. I am sure you are right wvith dat. So give them looks of de vorld. Offer small change, by letting dem see it leetle by leetle. Maybe it get easier, if dey see it like dat, yes?"

A small thing to start with, would be Omen. If they could accept her, that would be a start to show that not all outsiders were bad. And as she had helped them too, despite her not being able to remember it, it should carry some weight. Long as they kept the Discord thing to themselves. And if they could accept her, maybe they could begin to slowly accept that the world at large, were not filled with just evil. There were also some who'd like to help them. And even some things there, which could benefit them.

"Dreadful business, dealing with draconequui. I do my best to avoid anywhere they may be. Discord in particular, as he wants nothing I can offer, and can unravel the nice web of things I have worked so hard to maintain, simply for a laugh. Or force me into one of his dreadful games.. So I avoid them best I can. Even Fright, whom I hear is at least reasonable among them. Yet she is still of their kin, and I have little need for taking risks with them."

"I've met her. I had a... Less than pleasant time in my life, that flared for a period of a few weeks, after I defected. Fright's temple helped me get my mind focused again. It's a lovely, non-judgemental area. Though if you don't need her help, I see why you wouldn't want to go there."

"I would like a written report of what you saw there, at your leisure."

Rosa would nod, and finish the biscuit he had been gnawing on up until that point. He assumed as much, as he brought this up, but it seemed pertinent to the conversation.

19 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I’ll do what I can to make sure things don’t go there, Omen. Living among the longma means learning to accept you as one of our own, as an equal. There’s enough mistrust going around, and we should show them that there is nothing to be afraid of. Not every outsider is out to get them, and you are proof of that.”

"It does help that she simply isn't dangerous."

"Yes, from what I have gathered, they are taught complete pacifism, from their mysterious Mother. Though it sounds as if not all will follow that, as they grow more individuality. I assume that is why she is scrutinizing those who wish to be their masters. How Discord passed that, is curious though."

"Master Discord never hurt me."

"Her judgement were sound then, even if I wonder what made her risk such a thing. Ah, but I suppose, some things just can't be answered. Though I do think that if you had the want, you could be rather dangerous, via those portals. They may be worried about that, darling."

"I know a fairly good way to prevent her from seeming threatening. Would you mind?"

He asked this of Angie, whilst pointing at a roughly half meter string of yarn, that he saw poking out of a drawer. Angie shrugged, and nodded, which made him get that, and then throw it calmly towards Omen. Three seconds later, she were somehow hogtied on the ground. It were honestly surprising how effective this were against her, as well as how Shrimp hadn't woken up this time.

"Tell me that after that, you can in any way find her threatening?"

"I am stuck."

"I know. Lemme get that for you. And sorry for the lack of warning. I were just trying to prove a point."

Angie had a good chuckle, trying not to make too much noise now, in case the little one woke up annoyed again, as Rosa went over to untie Omen. Of all the things that proved to be a weakness, for a thousands of years old, seemingly immortal being, with quite substantial power, it had to be something as simple as string. A creature of chaos indeed.

==============================================================================

On 2021-11-22 at 8:54 AM, Kujamih said:

~Cali and the spider~

Cali was still on edge and in High alert. as the spider spoke the only thing that registered to her is it's master is Light and it has traces of him in it. her only conclusion... kill it.

" you'll find out right now."  Cali said as she attempts to quickly stab the spider.

THis time, Puff hadn't an issue seeing this were a threat, and as quick as Cali came in, the automatic reaction from her kind set in. So she'd find herself not stabbing the spider, but instead stab right into a gate, leading to the dark place. She could stab away much as she wanted there. Nothing had form, so all it would do really, were the same as trying to cut water. Though she'd surely get the attention of the creatures in there, who seemed to flock from near and far in this place. Though you could only really tell, due to the increase in eyes.

If she stayed, she'd find voices in her head, offering her servitude, in exchange for being embodied.

If she left, she'd find that Molotov were on his knees, running a hoof gently across the back of Puff. It were clear he were trying to comfort her, but she didn't get fear, so this were confusing her.

"What the hay, Cali? Puff's a living, innocent being. Ya can't just go and stab her, just because you got a grudge against Light. That ain't right."

============================================================================

@Kujamih @Loud Opinion

On 2021-11-22 at 8:54 AM, Kujamih said:

"umm... you can have that blood." Light awkwardly smiled at the shark.

he then tries to pat the creature.

if successful he would sneak in a scan on her body.

" hmmm you and me in a way are kind of similar..." Light said with sadness while forcing a smile.

She wouldn't mind getting patted. Although she thought that this were a pony greeting of some kind, and as such, rose a leg up, and patted him too. More stiffly though. In fairness however, she had legs for less than two days. It took time to get used to.

As for the scan, he'd find there were some lingering threads of chaos in her mixture, but nothing major, as it were just fizzling out of her system, a little by little. It had been a substantial change that made her, so it took a bit ti filter through fully. Beyond that though, she were functionally just what were seen: A shark pony. She had lungs, a heart, a brain, ovaries, several rows of sharp teeth, gills, and basically, the anatomy of a pony, with aspects of a shark mixed in. Except for the wings. Those had more of a whimsical, odd nature to it. Leave it to a draconequui, to make things odd, rigth?

"Siii-miii-laaar. Similar. We are similar? You have creator too? Were you metal thing, before becoming a friend?"

7 hours ago, Limbo Dreams said:

Seeing the seance begin to settle, Limbo's perspective followed suit. However, Shark's admission to being friends with chaos didn't sit well with her. Perhaps she misspoke or doesn't understand what chaos is. She wasn't ready to accept that her new friend was dangerous yet.

"Ahem," She cleared up in an attempt to steal some attention, "Well, what do you want?"

"Me? Me want to... Yes. Me want to be like friend. Special one said to help with frog. I hunt frog. Now big frogs all gone, but I am still friend too. Long, long from ocean. So now I want to be like friends. Live in strange... Reeeeeef-f. Reefs. In town. Have mate, like friends. Have little pups, and be happy, in strange, dry place."

Basically, she were created to solve an issue, but that didn't mean she were thrown back. Now she were here, and had to find out how to live like this, so she wanted to have the things ponies did eventually. A home, a husband, and some kids. Granted, her method of trying to find a mate so far, involved finding one that seemed alone, bite into his tail, and drag him off with a happy humming sound, until she were stopped and told he might want to get loose. So her dating tips and tricks needed some major refinement. But one step at a time, right?

Suddenly, she seemed to light up, and would flitter over behind Limbo. At which point, she'd use her snout to try and push her a little forward, towards Light.

"Friends both alone, so need mates? You can have this friend. Have many, healthy pups."

She might also need some help to not try and marry off beings she barely met, to one another. There were a chance that the two of them weren't interested in the idea, after all.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia would nod in understanding to what Zeehva spoke about her family and of her alchemy profession. She wasn't sure what to really think of that bit but in her mind they were definitely more than simple friends. At least, that is what Magnolia deeply desired. Thinking of this would call her back to the bit Fright had spoke of - that she should tell Zeehva before it gets too late. However, they have all the time in the world and now wouldn't be a great time to tell her how she truly felt. Calmly, she focused her attention on the current conversation.

Looking to Dread she would smile at her. "Ah I see, perhaps we'll go meet with her after our encounter here. I've never met anyone who specializes in those things. I suppose you could say that I specialize in shadows, while my friend here is an Alchemist. I am currently learning from her and we had some hiccups earlier but we're working on that." Magnolia playfully nudged Zeehva.

"What kind of trinkets do you have? Maybe you could take our pictures too, I think that'd be a pretty nice memento of this moment if you would be down for that. I am also one for trinkets and nick-nacks, even the small things can make a difference." Magnolia added calmly, ready to see what Dread has to offer.

@Blitz Boom

It didn't take long for Ginger to come galloping into the room, leaping into the air, giving Howl very little time to brace for impact as she tackled him.

he sighed as he got up, dusting himself off. 

"hey there Cheeze weevil." he said, helping Ginger up.

"Hi ladybug! These are my new friends!" She said happily.

"I can see that."  he said looking around.

@Blitz Boom

Sen and Lin still couldn’t wrap their heads around Omen being susceptible to string. Even now, it was still a mystery. Perhaps Discord might have something to do with that. Or it could be just some odd history between the Ki’Nathar and… well, string. How that came to be, they may never know, but they would reserve commenting on it. As funny as the whole display was, the siblings didn’t really seem to chuckle or illicit any response. The novelty of the sight wore off on them, serving as a reminder to keep the strings away. 

As for Angie’s response earlier, it was good advice, and something that would come in handy when they will be summoned by the elders. Taking things too fast will seem scary, especially with changes as big as showing what the outside world can offer to creatures accustomed to isolationism. The more they knew, the less longma they felt. Some part of them was now attached to the world beyond, and that can be frightening. Some would be curious, but it was just as likely for others to respond to the unknown with hostility. There was something about fearing the unknown that makes anyone act in an untoward manner. The longma of the siblings’ village were slowly getting used to Omen being around them, and though it will take time, a similar strategy could work for other matters. 

“Small changes and slowly… Yes, that could help. Without going too fast, the longma could be more open to hearing more.”

“Little by little, stoking their curiosity. They won’t be overwhelmed with new things that could make them scared. Just need to be careful about what we say.”

Sen drank some of the tea, but by now, it has gone fairly cold. The temperature didn’t bother him as the taste was still delectable. The bitter tastes back home definitely contrast the sweetness of Angie’s brew, and spending time like this began eating away his worries. It began bringing back good memories of home, of good moments. Maybe he could do something like this some time.

By now, the siblings didn’t seem to have anything left to ask. Angie and Scarcity gave them some advice worth considering, sound options that could help ease things back home. It was still worrisome for the siblings when they couldn’t say what would come about when they and Ghilan would be summoned to talk about this matter, but there was still hope. 

“I believe we shouldn’t be taking up more of your time, and I don't have any more questions. Thank you, Ms. Angie and Ms. Scarcity, for the tea and biscuits, your hospitality, and your advice. They’ve certainly given us some insight on future events and ease our worries. Rosa? Omen? Are you ready to go? Any last minute questions you’d like to bring up to Ms. Angie or Scarcity?”

@EQ_Theta

7 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Small changes and slowly… Yes, that could help. Without going too fast, the longma could be more open to hearing more.”

“Little by little, stoking their curiosity. They won’t be overwhelmed with new things that could make them scared. Just need to be careful about what we say.”

"Everything works better, if you go at it with a plan in mind. A sensible one like the one you are embracing now, are a fine example of that. It will of course take longer, but as the alternative would be to perhaps bring some kind of outside threat upon your village, and let them see the folly of their isolation, you're doing by some margin, the most reasonable thing. The alternative is dreadfully uncertain too, as it might just make them even further isolated."

"I hope this is not a tactic you have made use of before."

"I have not personally had a reason to, no. I do know of others who have however. And before you ask, I am not personally a fan of that. Too many innocents put in danger, for at best, a tentative perhaps. It's reckless stupidity. The plan you seem to have settled upon now, is a far more usable one, which should leave you out of potential backlash. It only requires some tenacity, and patience. As well as minor examples, but you're smart beings. I'm certain you will think of some things."

Scarcity were many things, but she did still have her standards. Those came through in her business as well, as she would not indulge to run an auction for endangered species, or normal, higher sentience beings, like ponies. The rare exception had been in a recent one, where she allowed for the sale of one, but it were only for the interrogation of the detective, who had infiltrated their auction. The highest bidder had beaten the information out that he wanted, the detective's wounds were tended to throughout, to ensure there were no permanent damage, and a mind wipe later, he were on his way back to his precinct.

The few times some had been brazen enough to still bring others to her auction for sale, she had made them aware of the rules, before confiscating the one(s) brought in, and had them safely released. The offender would be harshly reprimanded, given a fine, and various threats then. Except for one time, where she had sent off the offender to a particularly nasty area, to work off his karmic debt, more or less. He had brought along a cage with kitsune pups...

Trying to sell adults were one thing, but kids, were a line that no sane creature would dare to cross in her vicinity. He should be thankful she had not simply given him to Le Perinne, as the elder dragon shared her view on this matter, and would likely have eaten him.

After his punishment were dealt with, she had promptly gotten the kits out of their cage, ensured they got proper care, and then sent an expedited message to one of the kitsune she knew of, that she needed to come into contact with their primary village, about some stolen kits. She provided descriptions, names, and then had them given only the best, though isolated safe space that she could get hold of, until she heard back.

It had been a painless exchange afterwards. She had met with them on their terms, with only Brick there for company on her side, along with the kitsune that had gotten her in contact with the village. The kits had all been handed over safely to their happy parents, who had them stolen from them, after they were put in a trap, and she made herself some new, interesting friends that day. The parents for one of course, but the kits had been thankful as well, and seeing as she had treated them well, and attached no strings to the return of the kits - as well as punishing the offender - the elder who accompanied their guards, were pleased. Hopefully something would come of that eventually, though she were mostly just pleased things had worked out okay, for everypony involved.

Well, not everypony, but the *seller* were not somepony whose happiness she cared much for.

10 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I believe we shouldn’t be taking up more of your time, and I don't have any more questions. Thank you, Ms. Angie and Ms. Scarcity, for the tea and biscuits, your hospitality, and your advice. They’ve certainly given us some insight on future events and ease our worries. Rosa? Omen? Are you ready to go? Any last minute questions you’d like to bring up to Ms. Angie or Scarcity?”

"Nah, I am okayh, leetle friend. YOu go. Have much fun, and theenks on vhat you will do, yes? If you vant to speak vith me on things again, come speak. We have nice tea, and leetle chat, yes? Be safe, comrades."

The large mare would raise a hoof, and pound it three times against her chest, then rise it up above her head. A common greeting where she were from, which she still used, despite it confusing folks who only just met her. She tried the Equestrian way with hugs, but her bear hugs were a little strong for some, so she used those sparingly.

"I have nothing in mind currently. Enjoy yourselves, darling. We'll be in touch again in a few days."

"I have something."

Omen would make a gate and go through, then return shortly after, with a small, baker's bag, lifted between her teeth.

"A gift for brother."

"Awh, isn't that lovely? A moment then, I'll get him here for you, darling."

Scarcity closed her eyes and concentrated. Elsewhere, Hammond would perk up his ears, and jump through, to end back at her, standing on the table, and looking up. He'd signal *Yes, master?* with his paws to her, before she'd signal for him to turn around, and face Omen. The two of them would exchange an unblinking glance for a moment, before he would slowly blink, and she put the bag down on the table.

"Something for you to taste, brother."

He'd open the bag, and see the cake that she had bought to him, but he didn't eat of it yet. Instead, he'd rise his paws, and slowly hug his larger, older sister's snout. After that though, he'd go and start sniffing the cake, before turning to sign something at Scarcity. IN turn, she would simply nod, and he would take the bag between his own teeth. Lest there were something the rest wanted to say, he would then jump through a gate again, after a slow wave, at the gathered beings.

As for what he asked? If he could share this with someone, though who exactly wasn't specified. It seemed to have gotten approval though.

=========================================================

@Starforce

On 2021-11-24 at 2:43 AM, Magnolia said:

Looking to Dread she would smile at her. "Ah I see, perhaps we'll go meet with her after our encounter here. I've never met anyone who specializes in those things. I suppose you could say that I specialize in shadows, while my friend here is an Alchemist. I am currently learning from her and we had some hiccups earlier but we're working on that." Magnolia playfully nudged Zeehva.

"What kind of trinkets do you have? Maybe you could take our pictures too, I think that'd be a pretty nice memento of this moment if you would be down for that. I am also one for trinkets and nick-nacks, even the small things can make a difference." Magnolia added calmly, ready to see what Dread has to offer.

"Go to the Moonlit Thicket then, some evening, and see if she may help you. She live close to that town, so they can lead you further. Some at home would be happy to meet an alchemist too, as well as her student. Though I know not what you mean, by trading in shadow. I hope you do not mean necromancy? The magic of death, can be a dangerous craft, for those who doesn't know it well.

Ah, as my trinkets, I have many. Most are just for show, but I have engraved ones, that can help ward off some specters, or glow in the dark. I can have other things done too, but I reserve that for those I find to need it."

"Don't get too excited yet, Magnolia. We still need to sell some things before you can afford a trinket, or a picture."

"You helped my uncle. I wouldn't mind giving you a picture on the house. And I think you'd find this one interesting."

Zeehva would stop setting up the stand momentarily, and move to a spot that the mare would point out. She'd then go under her stand, and withdraw an old camera. Engraved with glowing runes, and a lens that seemed almost spectral in design... No, that must be the light playing tricks on them, surely. That couldn't be a real thing.

She'd try her best to put on a nice smile for the picture, and stood still with Magnolia, in whatever manner the mare wanted to look like, as the blitz went off, and a small sound came. It almost sounded like a... A laughter of some kind? It had been pretty faint, but she could've sworn she heard that.

As for the picture itself, once it had slid out, and given some time to settle, would show the two mares. Along with two, see-through beings.

The one behind Magnolia would be a griffon, that she probably didn't know. He had a torn off wing, and a spear through his chest, and were wrapping one arm around her, with a big grin on his face. The arm behind her, were used to make bunny ears above her head. He were dressed oddly though. Clothes on griffons were rare enough, but that sort of style he wore, hadn't been used for at least three hundred years.

The one behind Zeehva though, made the color drain from her face, and her lower lip began to wave.

It were a zebra. Early thirties likely, and seemed like he had a fracture on the back of his head, that seemed pretty severe. Fatal in fact.

His mane were long and braided, and had a large, sharp hook at the end. His body had a fair amount of old scars, and he wore a tacky looking costume, that only covered his torso, with various symbols around the faux-leather piece of garment, and multicolored feathers strapped on, that made it look like he had tried to glue self-made wings to the side. On his back were a well worn harpoon, with a chain at the hilt, connected to the belt at the bottom of his costume.

He were embracing Zeehva from behind, lovingly holding her in his hooves, around the neck loosely. His eyes were open, and looking at the camera with such deep-rooted love and tenderness, that it almost poured out of the picture. It looked as if he embraced her like you would somepony very close to you. As did the position of his head, almost touching his own.

Meanwhile, the more Zeehva looked at it, the more she cracked, and seemed to fall apart. She's take a shaky few steps back, then her knees would fail her, and she'd end up up the ground, sobbing profoundly, without any words being said. Though what really were there to say? Magnolia shouldn't have a hard time to guess who this were. After all, Zeehva had the ring in his ear, in the chain around her neck.

======================================================================

@GingerLightning

What he'd also see as he looked around, at the excited faces, were one changeling in particular who stood with a camera, and a giant smile on her face. Evident by the two pictures that had slid out, she had managed to get a pair. Though she'd barely be able to move towards picking them up, before a joyful tune flowed through the theater.

Suddenly, a stage light would turn on, and focus on the dazzling look of Cheshire, in her glittering, red dress.

"Hello let's pull out the guitar-"

The next voice was also hers, but would come from behind the changeling siblings, as Cheshire was now also at the door, stringing a guitar as she sang a little jingle, seemingly in tune with herself.

"- and greet the friend that's from afar."

four more lights popped up, and more Cheshire's were there, moving closer, whilst walking with the rhythm of the changeling queen's musical voice.

"Through rain-

And snow-

And sunny days!"

More and more of her popped up, with stage lights dancing down upon them, moving ever closer, as they surrounded the siblings, in a large circle, giving them plenty of room tro move in.

"We wish you well upon your ways.

But don't try anything bad becaaaaaaause-"

The lot would take a step forth, and point a hoof towards Howl, as they dragged out the last word.

"There's always less of you, than us!"

They'd only get through that, then start laughing. Pair by pair, would then vanish into thin smoke, along with the light popping down on them. Illusions the lot of it, until the only one left, were the real queen of the hive, getting closer with a big, friendly grin on her face, looking down on Howl.

"Aaah, I know you said not to play tricks on him Ginger, but it was just too tempting. Welcome to Hive Cheshire's theater, Howl. I'm Queen Cheshire. It's lovely to finally meet you."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Starforce @Thunder Light

~Cali in the realm of darkness!~

Cali found herself inside the darkness. she would try stabbing and slashing randomly, but to no avail. she'd notice that more and more eyes are staring at her, so she'd quickly try to escape that realm. as she exits she throws 5 flash grenades inside the portal.

" stare at this..." Cali said in a bad ass way.

then she herself plugged the portal with a portal that throws anything that goes in it back where it came from.

she'd noticed that Molotov is petting the weird spider.

" what are you doing?" 

On 2021-11-24 at 7:07 AM, Blitz Boom said:

What the hay, Cali? Puff's a living, innocent being. Ya can't just go and stab her, just because you got a grudge against Light. That ain't right."

".... I'll stab what I want Molotov.... I didn't see you having a problem with light?" Cali starred at Molotov.

@Loud Opinion @Blitz Boom

~awkward shark and Light.~ 

Light could only stay awkwardly silent to everything the shark is saying and trying to imply with the other strange pony.

he would then boop the shark to make her stop.

".... maybe you and I aren't that similar...." Light blushingly said.

Edited by Kujamih

On hearing Billowing's voice she jumps happily out of bed. "Billowing! You're awake!" she trots to the bed and nuzzles him affectionately, relieved that he sounded recovered. Billowing would see a bright pink earth pony with merry smiling sun-flowers on her flank and a brightly coloured mane/tail - a little bed-maneish after the night, but still very full and flowing. As she goes in to nuzzle him he smells the familiar scent of his exotic soaps and scents. The muddy, smelly adventure-grimey pony he had known was transformed. 

For a brief moment, there were horror in Billowing's eyes, as he gazed upon the fluffed up, pink pony standing near him. Until her face registered more clearly, and he calmed down again.

"By the gods. For a moment there, I feared somepony had invited Pinkie Pie into my room."

Pinkie were a... Challenging pony to be around, in his opinion. He could usually tolerate her in minor increments, where there were others she could focus on too, and he were at a good, mental and physical health. Right now however, he were not, and would have potentially gotten her undivided attention, as she'd try to *cheer up the sick pony*. What a horrifying thought that were.

Why she'd be here? He didn't know for sure, but it wasn't as if he knew many pink ponies, and she did still have manners to attend in this town, due to the princesses. It may well have been that she had been to do that, heard about him being ill, and figured she'd come to cheer him up. What security he had,. couldn't keep her out. Quite frankly, he wasn't sure what exactly could. She was an unknowable force, beyond comprehension sometimes.

Fuchsia was an unknown force too, but one whom had helped him, were a fellow adventurer. And judging by the aroma, as she leaned in to gleefully nuzzle him - an unusual, but welcome gesture, if he were to be honest - one whom had taken the offer of getting a bath, and enjoyed it. Which were just good. Some of the oils and such might not be cheap, but they were there to be used, and enjoyed. And he had offered her a visit. If he did that, but then dictated what she could and could not use in the bathroom, Grim would rightly smack him in the back of the head.

On 2021-08-07 at 12:55 PM, Fuchsia said:

"After you cast that spell, the thing was trapped but you collapsed. I was afraid you'd never wake up. You told me you lived in Canterlot so I brought you back, asked around, and found out you lived in this crazy mansion. I never doubted you for a second..." she babbled with relief (incidentally she had very much thought Billowing might have been exaggerating about his home-life :P but if anything, the stallion had undersold it). 

"You're not the first to be surprised. Adventurers rarely make it so, but I got lucky on some trips, and made some sound investments, that have compounded quite well. It's not as impressive as all that though. Most furniture and such are replicas, as antiques seemed like a bad investment in my eyes.

Regardless, I thank you for getting me back here, and to hear that our actions were not in vain. I hope Grim were hospitable to you? Ah, or perhaps more accurately, I hope you did not encounter my cousin. She gets overly worried when I return home in a less than perfect state, and can get a little emotional then."

He'd start to get out of bed, and grimace a little, as he still felt his head ache some. He were going to need some water, and an aspirin. That would help. But one thing at a time. First he had to take stock of the new look of his companion in the wild.

"You're looking like a whole new mare, Fuchsia. It's wondrous what a nice, relaxing bath can do for a pony, after a long trip into the world, wouldn't you agree? It really helps loosening up those aching muscles.

*yawn* But we can't sit here all day. Surely you must be hungry. I know I am at least. Would you like to join me in the kitchen, Fuchsia? Ah, after I get a brush through this mane. I look like an unkempt racoon, next to you."

Fuchsia saw the dark stallion go through the shock of returning home, and tried to be comforting as he adjusted. She wasn't happy about the initial reaction to her pink form - not that she hadn't had to become used to it... but she knew she would have to begin again with him, to make him take her seriously.

She rests her pink forelegs on the bed and smiles, "You sure have a lot to fill me in on." she gestures to the grand homestead. "But sure, I could do with eating something other than coconuts and tropical grasses. Let's plan our next move over breakfast."

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia posed with Zeehva by putting an arm around her shoulder and leaning in gently onto her friend. She greatly enjoyed embracing her friend and gave her some gentle comforting pats. There was a lot to say on her mind but she would wait until after the photos were taken. This was quite strange to say the least, she's never met anyone who has dealt with spirits or anything of that nature. Obviously such things were real, and those who didn't believe were either ignorant or didn't have an experience yet within their lives.

Upon seeing the spirits in the photo Magnolia had found herself very interested in the one behind her. While it was hard for her to make out, it was a griffon but his body was mangled rather badly. At the very least he seemed happy. Were these spirits around them at any given time? What was the nature of these photos? Whatever the case as it were, she had more questions on her mind. The one in the photo with Zeehva was clearly her long deceased husband from the looks of it. How such a photo could be faked, it was impossible. Coupled with the rather deep reaction on Zeehva's part, it was blatantly obvious who it was.

Bending down a bit to Zeehva she would embrace her again lovingly and rub her hoof through her mane calmingly. "See...? He is always here with you. He loves you and he will never, ever give up on you. While you may not have seen him in a very long time, he is always here with you. Whether it be around you in a spirit form you cannot see...or within your heart - he loves you and he is still with you." she spoke, continuing to rub her hoof through Zeehva's mane. Along with some other comforting measures, she would turn back to Dread.

"C-can you tell us how these pictures are taken and how they capture spirits? Are these spirits, indeed around us? Or were they only captured in the photo? This is really interesting..." she spoke, shaking a little bit. A few tears fell from her eyes but mostly for Zeehva's sake.

@Blitz Boom

Seeing Hammond was always a delight to the siblings, and this instance was no different. Him hugging Omen will always be cute, but Sen and Lin wouldn’t interrupt this moment, giving the little one space to do what he needs to do. The two smiled and waved back at the little creature before parting ways once more. This moment had a strange feeling where everyone had some manner of saying farewell. Simple hugs and chest pounding were apparent, and the siblings followed that up by bowing at both Angie and Scarcity. It may not be the same gesture, but the intent and message were clear. They were thankful for the time they spent in each other’s company and looked forward to their next meeting. 

“Thank you once more for the tea and snacks, Angie.”

“And there is no doubt we will be seeing you again soon, Ms. Scarcity. I’m looking forward to meeting our golem friends and learning about their plans for the future.” 

Though Lin could theoretically open gates anywhere, she didn’t do so in Angie’s home. It didn’t seem right to do something like that in another’s home. Perhaps she could open a gate back home whenever she wished, but this wouldn’t be the time to start being rude. The longma led the others out through the door, and only then did she open a gate a fair few steps away from the entrance. This gate will take the group back to the front door of Rosa’s home. It still feels a little odd to walk into someone after opening a gate, and the reaction could go any number of ways. Lin hoped the vicinity on the other side would be clear, because opening gates directly into a home other than her own didn’t sit right with her. 

Once across, there might be some moments for downtime or more exploration. The longma somewhat favored doing the latter, as they will be meeting Uddo and Kiba later that evening. Then again, Scarcity left something for Rosa, so they could also check that out as they had some downtime. Ultimately, the final word would rest on Rosa.

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom

Mate: Limbo wrestled with the word. She had seen ponies use the word and assume a particular position. Those dreams always ended then and there. Perhaps it was a way of ending the world or how ponies woke up.

Shark was a good pony that probably didn't want to end the world, so Miss. Dreams discarded that possibility. Did that mean she was in a dream? She grew pale at the idea, but shark had pushed her, so that couldn't be it.

Then she mentioned pups, which Limbo correctly translated to 'babies' with even more confusion.

This lack of sense was starting to frustrate, and that bled through her tone toward , "What are you talking about? And why babies?! They just sit around wanting to be held, and sometimes become giant monsters! Why would we risk that?!"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom (you missed my OOC post)

"I have learned that even paranoia has some reality behind it, so it shouldn't be totally dismissed, we should keep our senses sharp just in case, though one needs to be foolish to attack a group with two dragons." three actually, but obviously whoever was or wasn't following them would be unlikely to know Ruby's true identity. Ruby did observe their surrounds, though she did it in subtle way, and she identified few potential stalkers and locations, among which the real one was, but she didn't do anything further, for several reasons.

Just to mention some reasons, one was because what exactly would she have done? she couldn't kill someone in middle of a town just because they were looking at them weird, and speaking didn't do anything as much as ponies so wanted to believe, there was also the fact that regardless of her senses, tracking the individual wasn't a realistic option, they most likely could tell if the group started to approach them, and while Ruby would be able to trace a scent even days later, the problem was that she didn't know the scent she was supposed to follow, it was hard to locate something when you didn't know what you were looking for exactly.

And lastly, there wasn't really a reason to bother, if the individual didn't attack them, it didn't really matter that they followed them, and if they did attack, they would be against two to three dragons, depending on if the situation got serious enough for Ruby to be needed. Also, if she would go after the individual, they would miss the train that Marley already paid for, and wasting money wasn't good. 

She also forwarded the message to Charir, who started observing the surrounding area from top of the wagon.

"But since the topic came up, unsurprisingly I too have some enemies, or well, Ruby Shine has, and unfortunately not all are....dealt with, yet. Not saying this because they are dangerous, I'm not stupid enough to leave loose ends like that, but if you spot someone giving me a mean stare, that's probably it." this was mainly because not everyone was an idiot, if someone invited her to their room, and then woke up few hours later with all of their expensive stuff missing, assuming they aren't too drunk to remember her like in most cases they are, it doesn't take genius to figure out what happened, but since she knows what she's doing, only evidence of it would be the word of the individual against hers, and usually it was her word that won, because as stated, there was no evidence, and in cases the other side kept trying, she just had to put on a small act and it was her victim who was in trouble with the law. Then of course there was the cases where the victim while knowing she was to blame couldn't do anything due to fear of losing face or due to her knowing something that would ruin them in other way, though those ones usually didn't stare her down as it was best for them to avoid her.

Naturally the few things she said were said in quiet voice. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Scarecrow just shrugged at Lyriel's suggestion, his guess was the former, mainly because he faintly remembered the pieces of clothes that had rotted away so long time ago, he didn't remember exactly what they had been, most likely something to hide his worsening physical state, but he knew they were quite basic, and one would think that if he was a clothes maker, he would have had quality clothes on, there was also the fact that he had no idea how clothes were made, and one would think that at least some of that knowledge would have stayed if he had been an expert. 

He noticed Crows alarm but didn't react to it, mainly because of Lyriel's actions, he didn't guess what it was, but he assumed the two were related, and thus didn't see a reason for alarm. 

Scarecrow noticed the pony's confusion, and decided to help out with it "She's a being of nature, she can communicate with animals and plants." his neutral tone fit his words, as it gave the impression this wasn't the first time he had to 'translate' things to ponies, not necessarily a truthful impression, but it did give a small illusion of normality to their relationship. 

Granted Lyriel was more than what Scarecrow said, but in his eyes that was beside the point and thus not relevant, besides, it would probably just confuse the pony more. 

---------------------------------------------------

The kobolds weren't trying to hide their emotions form Onache per say, they were just burying them from themselves, a skill they had learned from being in so many life and death situations where wild emotions could be lethal, granted it wasn't a healthy skill, quite the opposite, bottling up emotions wasn't good, and it showed up as bursts of emotions, mainly anger, and as almost nightly nightmares. Neither commented on that topic though, mainly due to stated reason, they had no need to defend themselves when they didn't feel they were doing anything worth defending. 

They were happy to change the topic, though before that, Trox wanted to say something "It's very much appreciated that you promise to not pry, though It's not a secret what happened, just an unpleasant topic to talk about, and I am willing to give you the summary of it if you ask when Sheska is not around to hear." Sheska lowered her head slightly but didn't seem to disagree, Trox comforted his sister a bit as he continued "She got the worse of it and it would be wrong to make her live it through again." he let out a sigh "Honestly it could be helpful to be able to talk about it at some point." he being lot more emotionally reserved than his sister, he hadn't really had the chance to let his feelings out

"But for better topic." Sheska finally declared "fun." though she then fell silent as realization hit her "It has been a while hasn't it." Trox rubbed his neck as he thought about it "Yeah, we haven't really had the chance to have fun since then have we." "We used to do lot of fun things with our community, but there's no community here, no young kobolds to play with." "After we left home closest thing to fun has been learning useful skills, I spend my time tinkering while Sheska studied medicine, healing magic and other such things." "All fun things we did were connected to the community, a lone kobold is bored kobold." that was the downside of kobolds' close knit communities, everything they did was build around that, so when they were separated from those communities, they became lost and sometimes even helpless. "Is there any taverns around? we could go sit down and look at these maps bit closer, they also tend to have nice atmosphere to help to forget one's worries." 

15 hours ago, Limbo Dreams said:

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom

Mate: Limbo wrestled with the word. She had seen ponies use the word and assume a particular position. Those dreams always ended then and there. Perhaps it was a way of ending the world or how ponies woke up.

Shark was a good pony that probably didn't want to end the world, so Miss. Dreams discarded that possibility. Did that mean she was in a dream? She grew pale at the idea, but shark had pushed her, so that couldn't be it.

Then she mentioned pups, which Limbo correctly translated to 'babies' with even more confusion.

This lack of sense was starting to frustrate, and that bled through her tone toward , "What are you talking about? And why babies?! They just sit around wanting to be held, and sometimes become giant monsters! Why would we risk that?!"

Light's worries of misunderstanding has vanished, as he has found out that the strange mare beside her was as gullible as the shark. now only questions and doubt swirls around his head.

" ...errr...." Light would then not continue his reply to them as it would seem to be the proper route of action for this.

@abrony-mouse

On 2021-11-27 at 12:47 AM, Fuchsia said:

She rests her pink forelegs on the bed and smiles, "You sure have a lot to fill me in on." she gestures to the grand homestead. "But sure, I could do with eating something other than coconuts and tropical grasses. Let's plan our next move over breakfast."

"Delightful. If you would excuse me for a few moments."

He felt fairly fatigued still, as he rose from the bed, and wandered towards the adjoining bathroom, but he simply could not be looking like this. He were in the presence of a now well-groomed mare, and n comparison, he looked like somepony who had crawled out of a trash can. Utterly disgraceful.

It would be about ten minutes until he returned. His shower were hasty, and his fur still somewhat damp, but as he finished combing his coal-grey hair, he'd at least feel like he were more presentable to his adventuring companion.

"Much better. Now I don't disgrace your radiant presence as much anymore. Now then, please follow me, and feel free to ask anything you will, as we move along, if you have questions."

The path out of the room and towards the kitchen would take some time to traverse, as they had to get through a few, long halls. Through which were more of the audacious looks of a very well off, high society pony. Though even if that were the case, the only pictures were of himself, Grim, various close friends, and of course, his family. None of them overly pompous in nature, as he didn't much care for that. And the staff seemed nice to, as every time he passed somepony cleaning, or doing something else, they'd greet him kindly, and he'd in turn, do the same. This also added time, as he halted to properly wish them a good day, and other things, but it should hopefully show that he were not the sort of rich pony who considered himself so far above others, that they deserved to be disrespected.

Eventually, they'd get to the kitchen. Grim would be at the counter, chopping up some tomatoes into cubes with surprising speed, and add them to two porcelain bowls, as the salads were being made.

"Hel-"

"Sit down. You're in no condition to overexert yourself right now, young man."

Oof, he were in for a talking later it sounded like. Grim usually didn't call him that, unless he were sorely disappointed in him. Best to do as he asked.

A squash chopped up and added later, Grim would come over with the bountiful bowls of fresh salad, and put the cutlery down next to them. Then he'd go over to the fridge, and bring along two large, crystal glasses.

"What might the lady wish to drink? We have milkshakes, orange juice, apple juice, a more exotic mixture as well, if that would hold interest. Twelve kinds of soda, sparkling water, and lemonade. My apologies for the sparse selection, and simplicity of the meal. I will ensure that by dinner time, there will be a proper meal. Have you any preferences for that as well, madamme? You need only mention it."

He'd be galant and smiling towards Fuchsia, as he waited for her drink preference. But Billowing would have to wait until she had picked, before he would get an option. First came the one who had brought him safely home.

@Starforce

On 2021-11-27 at 3:19 AM, Magnolia said:

Bending down a bit to Zeehva she would embrace her again lovingly and rub her hoof through her mane calmingly. "See...? He is always here with you. He loves you and he will never, ever give up on you. While you may not have seen him in a very long time, he is always here with you. Whether it be around you in a spirit form you cannot see...or within your heart - he loves you and he is still with you." she spoke, continuing to rub her hoof through Zeehva's mane. Along with some other comforting measures, she would turn back to Dread.

"C-can you tell us how these pictures are taken and how they capture spirits? Are these spirits, indeed around us? Or were they only captured in the photo? This is really interesting..." she spoke, shaking a little bit. A few tears fell from her eyes but mostly for Zeehva's sake.

"He s-shouldn't... *sob* He s-should be at r-reheest."

She could barely get the sentence out, and were unable to gather the strength to raise her hooves up to give back on the comfort she felt from Magnolia. She needed to cry this out, before she'd be able to get back on track.

Meanwhile, Dread would let out a sigh, and lower her head some. She would not respond, until spoken to, but she would lay down the camera.

"I'm sorry that this is one you knew, who still lingers. It is not easy to know they have not moved on peacefully. I sadly cannot help with that, as I am not able to do what have to be done, but when you feel ready, I will give you a note, and directions on whom to talk with, in my family's estate. They will help you to get another chance at speaking to him, and say your goodbyes.

*sigh* It never gets easier to face those whom are haunted, by the loved ones who deserved better for their afterlives. That is what my camera shows. It can picture those who remains along with us. Most being simply wayward spirits not yet ready, or able, to move on, as the one with you seemed to be. I can imagine have moved along to other places in town already, but not the one, whom sounds like they were your friends dearly departed.

Spirits are everywhere, and larger towns draws them in, as it presents sights that they may have wished to experience before they died, and could now resolve. Most are simply not prepared to move on, for minor things as such, and will pas on in their own time, without ever having an impact on us living. Others are not so fortunate, and need help, before they lash out. That is what me and my family does. We are mediums, to varying degrees of power, with the goal of assisting spirits, and those hurt by their passing. Such as your friend here.

If you wish to know how my camera works, it does from duality. Let me show you."

She turned the camera to take a picture of herself. And when it were cleared up, it would show her, with a mare standing seemingly on her. Larger than Dread herself, and intertwined with the chains. She also seemed very old, as the mare looking at her then, were wearing armor that had not been in use for at least the last seven hundred years, and were rather intimidating. Cause of death, seemed to have been something shot in her head, as she had a hole between her eyes, going all the way through.

"Her name is Lunari Ruby. An old soldier who were stuck, and got the help she needed to come to her senses. Now she wanders with me, and vanquishes the dark spirits we encounter, until she feels she have done enough to deserve rest. We are connected, so she takes the picture, as much as I do. Therein lies the link. Together with the special lens."

=============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

The groups would say goodbye to one another, and soon after, the lot of them would be back, home at Rosa's place. And soon as he had unlocked the door, he'd go for the first seat he could find, and sink down in it with an elongated sigh.

"What a day it's been. I feared worse, but it at least seems like thinks went benign. And that we will for once, have a few days away from that angle of things. Though once that have passed... I am not thrilled to think about her with so much added power. She may have a vested interest in doing well, but she is already substantially powerful, via influence. If Scarcity goes further, and becomes magically, and physically, more powerful too, I wonder if she will remain in lane...

*sigh* But the dice are thrown. I know her well enough by reputation, to know that when she say she had precautions, it is likely some degree of a kill switch. Golems have historically been creatures that could go wild, and be dangerous. Difficult to handle too, so there would be certain things imprinted into them, that could work to undo the work, if need be. I can imagine she holds one of the simplest variants of that, if she means to relinquish control again of it which would be a scroll with a sentence engraved into their chem. If she destroys it, there will no longer be a mechanism for her to do anything, so it would be a matter of her doing so, when they had fulfilled their bargain.

We should inform them of this, before the event itself, so they know what to expect. But I see this going only one way. And after she have effectively become immortal... Who knows?

*sigh* I suppose it's just a matter of accepting it. I should go and find what she left in my room."

"This."

Whilst he had been talking, and lounging back, mentallyt exhausted, Omen had gone to his room to pick up something she saw sit on the bed. An elongated, oversized jewelry box from the looks of it. Omen would put it down on Rosa, and as he opened it, he would find an exact replica of the belt he had given to Elder Ghilan. Except brand new, and with all the pockets filled with the correct objects. There were also a note, simply saying-

No excuses now, slacker. Get to work.

C. G.

"C. G.? Oh, you have got to be kidding me. This is where she went? Of all the reasons for her to vanish, it were to end up with Scarcity..."

==============================================================

@Loud Opinion @Kujamih

On 2021-11-26 at 11:49 PM, Kujamih said:

Light could only stay awkwardly silent to everything the shark is saying and trying to imply with the other strange pony.

he would then boop the shark to make her stop.

".... maybe you and I aren't that similar...." Light blushingly said.

Shark would wrinkle her nose as she got booped, and take a step back. She remembered a diver doing this to her once, back in the ocean. It had been very confusing. then too. She hadn't hurt him either. He had just swum off right afterwards, and she had taken off to hunt some sardines.

On 2021-11-27 at 9:52 PM, Limbo Dreams said:

"I see friends go into their reefs, with their pups. To be friend, having pups is important,, yes? Important for sharks too. Many, many dangers in the ocean, but here? Much safer. Good place to find a good mate, and have many pups, that can then have more pups, and make many, many more. Is naaa-tuuu-raaal. Natural. Yes. Is natural, yes? Without mate and pups, you not been here. No one would. Is important to have pups.

I hope to get many, many pups. All special too. I can teach them many things. Like hunting frog, and swim fast Just like tasty fish."

Considering her genes were more evolved, and rather strong, if she did find a mate, and could procreate, her genes would likely be dominant, so there'd be more shark ponies around. And there really were no reason why she couldn't mate with ponies, so someday, when she found a hapless stallion, that didn't know how to fight her off, she'd begin muddling the gene pools. On a small scale at least. And she looked forward to having kids. It was the natural way of things, as she knew it. Besides, it always looked so nice when she saw ponies with their foals. She'd like that too.

"Do friend pups sometimes get really big? How? What happen?"

10 hours ago, Kujamih said:

" ...errr...." Light would then not continue his reply to them as it would seem to be the proper route of action for this.

"You two not want pups, because they can be big? Be monster? Is very sad. You look like you would make healthy, strong pups. With strong teeth."

===============================================================================

~Cali in the realm of darkness!~

Cali found herself inside the darkness. she would try stabbing and slashing randomly, but to no avail. she'd notice that more and more eyes are staring at her, so she'd quickly try to escape that realm. as she exits she throws 5 flash grenades inside the portal.

" stare at this..." Cali said in a bad ass way.

then she herself plugged the portal with a portal that throws anything that goes in it back where it came from.

she'd noticed that Molotov is petting the weird spider.

" what are you doing?" 

The grenades wouldn't really do anything. The shadows didn't get hurt, or displaced by the light. In fact, they were enthralled by it. Coming from a world where there were only darkness, colors and light fascinated them greatly, and they'd watch enthralled at the show. Though before she left the dimension, she'd be able to hear a whisper, dancing upon a cold breeze her way, saying but one word.

"Unworthy."

Mother's judgement, on her potential to be a master. Cali were far too violent, for her to want her children near her.

As fore what she did to the portal, nothing in this dimension could leave, lest they had been embodied by a master, so nothing that went in would be able to leave regardless. Well, Hammond left for a little while, but he opened a new portal he jumped through. For their kind, there were many holes they could make between their worlds, as the other dimension ran between many other dimensions. Theirs with Equestria, were but one of them. But as they weren't hostile, it shouldn't be something to worry about.

As for Molotov, he'd actually be somewhat annoyed at her question.

"What I'm doing? I'm protecting this here innocent lil' soul. Sure you scared her right badly with that stunt."

"Scared... What is that?"

".... I'll stab what I want Molotov.... I didn't see you having a problem with light?" Cali starred at Molotov.

"Hey, I don't agree with Light stabbing ya. If you wanna beef it out with him for that, that ain't none of my business. Not sure where he ran off to, after Blitz got hitched on my noggin, but your beef's with him. Powder Puff here's just being right confused. Ain't a reason to chop her down. Poor thing haven't even been alive for ten minutes."

"No more fighting!"

Blitz would raise her voice, and then a small pouch over her head.

"Or everypony gets itching powder in their tails."

====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

11 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"But since the topic came up, unsurprisingly I too have some enemies, or well, Ruby Shine has, and unfortunately not all are....dealt with, yet. Not saying this because they are dangerous, I'm not stupid enough to leave loose ends like that, but if you spot someone giving me a mean stare, that's probably it." this was mainly because not everyone was an idiot, if someone invited her to their room, and then woke up few hours later with all of their expensive stuff missing, assuming they aren't too drunk to remember her like in most cases they are, it doesn't take genius to figure out what happened, but since she knows what she's doing, only evidence of it would be the word of the individual against hers, and usually it was her word that won, because as stated, there was no evidence, and in cases the other side kept trying, she just had to put on a small act and it was her victim who was in trouble with the law. Then of course there was the cases where the victim while knowing she was to blame couldn't do anything due to fear of losing face or due to her knowing something that would ruin them in other way, though those ones usually didn't stare her down as it was best for them to avoid her.

Naturally the few things she said were said in quiet voice. 

"I'd prefer to keep the details to myself, but I have... Reasons, as to why I am concerned, when I find a lot of attention being on my person. It makes me think that I were not as thorough as I had wanted to be."

He'd refuse to speak more of the matter, in case he were overheard by someone. As *law abiding* as he were, he had a past that he assumed were gone and buried, that he did not want to come up to the surface. It would prove to be very disruptive to the life he had made himself, and quite frankly, he liked things as they were. He had a well paying job, tolerable enough creatures around him, and a griffon whom he were feeling increasingly certain off, were the mate for him. He would hate to leave all of that behind, because of how things once were.

Especially his potential mate. A flawed diamond to some, but he admired her feral attitude, and delightful mixture of aggressive huntress, and somewhat shy social bird. How long would it not take him, to find one even half as alluring as her? Whom were not a changeling, mind you. Urgh. Had he a bit for every time that happened... Well, he wouldn't be rich, but he'd still have a surprising amount of pocket change, considering the circumstances.

"I find the feeling have vanished for now. Perhaps it was nothing, and speaking of it have eased my mind. Just in case though, I will inform you if I feel something similar again."

For the time being however, the train would roll into the station, and it were time for them to board the back one.

He'd have two personal of the train service come in and help him secure the wagon, while the others could go back and board the last part of the train, that were tagged on just before this. A more spacious one, meant for larger beings. Of which there were none others right now, so they'd have privacy. Should be room for all of them, provided that Ruby didn't *hulk out* in here. She'd probably smash the entire thing to pieces then.

After all were secure, the train would start to rumble out, and Marley would come wandering back to them, shaking his head.

"Everything should be secure now. I could've sworn though, that for a moment... No, foolish talk. Think nothing on it. It wouldn't be possible, and I am merely feeling slightly rattled. How are you finding the accommodations thus far?"

It would be a pretty simple train wagon, with some - in this case - large benches, with red cushions on, and a table one could flap down from the wall, if they so wished for it. Otherwise, one could always look out of the window, as the train began to pick up speed. Or put your head out through it like a dog, he supposed, if that were your thing.

===================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Scarecrow noticed the pony's confusion, and decided to help out with it "She's a being of nature, she can communicate with animals and plants." his neutral tone fit his words, as it gave the impression this wasn't the first time he had to 'translate' things to ponies, not necessarily a truthful impression, but it did give a small illusion of normality to their relationship. 

Granted Lyriel was more than what Scarecrow said, but in his eyes that was beside the point and thus not relevant, besides, it would probably just confuse the pony more. 

"I'm afraid I am still somewhat confused."

"I am a Dryad. I stand here before you, with the shape of an equine, yet I rose from the ground, and follow the Earth Mother's guidance."

"...Dryads are real? I thought them a fairy tale."

The snake would slide further out, and place her heavy body upon Lyriel's back. She did not mind though. Not with such a beautiful animal, who would hold her head above the height of her own. Quite a proud one this one. She could imagine, this place had something to do with that.

She would wander closer to him then, carrying the snake with her, and let him have a chance to examine her in a little more details. At which point, he'd have the chance to see her mossy exterior more closely, and get big eyes over that.

He'd attempt to go closer to Scarecrow and do the same, but the risen wings, and narrowing eyes of Crow, brought him pause. Though as the bird threatened him, the snake would turn her head towards the *bird* and open her mouh up high, whilst hissing. Which made Crow turn to her, and raise its wings further, and prepare to let out a shriek in her general direction. Until Lyriel intervened.

"Please, calm yourselves. No fighting needs to happen. He were but curious. And my friend here is not as I. He is an evergrown. Of nature in his own way, but not the same as I."

"They are reemerging? Oh my. My several times great grandmother were a farmer when they first showed, hundreds of years ago. She were... Not kind to them. Her diary spoke of the joy she felt when she harvested them, and felt no remorse, as she did not think of them as creatures, but just plants. I know that kind of action, were a large part of why your kind retracted from equine society.

I'm ashamed of her actions, and I do not condone it, for the record. It were a disgusting attitude to have. It is good to see that your kind still remains though. What brought you back into the world? Have something changed?"

==================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

They were happy to change the topic, though before that, Trox wanted to say something "It's very much appreciated that you promise to not pry, though It's not a secret what happened, just an unpleasant topic to talk about, and I am willing to give you the summary of it if you ask when Sheska is not around to hear." Sheska lowered her head slightly but didn't seem to disagree, Trox comforted his sister a bit as he continued "She got the worse of it and it would be wrong to make her live it through again." he let out a sigh "Honestly it could be helpful to be able to talk about it at some point." he being lot more emotionally reserved than his sister, he hadn't really had the chance to let his feelings out

"I am not a shrink, but if you want an unbiased ear, and honest opinion, I can provide that. Brutal honesty is not always a kind response, yet it can be necessary. But we will see what happens when that time arrives. I stand ready when it is, and whatever is told, will remain between us.

Full disclosure on something tangible however. If your emotions or mental state begins to cause trouble, such as lashing out against civilians, I may tamper and dull things briefly. It is in no interest for any of us, if the locals begins to connect us with violent tendencies. Though I find it unlikely, as you appear able to reel one another in to some extend, I'm merely stating a fact. One that I do not normally, warn others of in advance."

She'd offer some advice too, on more constructive ways to get some of their emotions out of their system, and deal with some of the underlying issues they had, but it didn't seem the time, in her opinion. Besides, she were not a professional. She knew how the mind worked, and how emotions worked, but she hadn't a diploma, hanging on a wall somewhere. Merely experience from life, and her own training. As well as what came from looking into other creature's head long enough. Certain patterns began to emerge, once you did so long enough.

"But for better topic." Sheska finally declared "fun." though she then fell silent as realization hit her "It has been a while hasn't it." Trox rubbed his neck as he thought about it "Yeah, we haven't really had the chance to have fun since then have we." "We used to do lot of fun things with our community, but there's no community here, no young kobolds to play with." "After we left home closest thing to fun has been learning useful skills, I spend my time tinkering while Sheska studied medicine, healing magic and other such things." "All fun things we did were connected to the community, a lone kobold is bored kobold." that was the downside of kobolds' close knit communities, everything they did was build around that, so when they were separated from those communities, they became lost and sometimes even helpless. "Is there any taverns around? we could go sit down and look at these maps bit closer, they also tend to have nice atmosphere to help to forget one's worries." 

"There are several taverns. I inspected those when first I got to town, and found them wanting. But for the cleanest among them, I would suggest Bubble Tea's Inn. It seemed spacious, and welcoming enough, all things considered."

She would neglect to mention how she had then instead mind-tinkered with a mare, to stay in her house, and be serviced instead, as it would not be a good look for her. No need to tarnish her own reputation so easily, lest they began to pry. She could tell then, as it seemed minor. Wasn't as if she had harmed the mare, after all. Just made her welcome the queen into her house, and serve her food. Hardly a crime.

She would begin wo wander from this place, and back towards the noise town, wherein the inn laid. It wouldn't be far, but they did need to go down a few streets first. Then they'd eventually reach the largest inn in Ponyville. Which did well these days, regardless of potential monsters attacks, as things like the castle, lured in tourists. As did the mane 6 too, of course.

"Your kind are intriguingly close to function, like us changelings do, just so you are aware. We are social creatures, and do rather poorly on our own. It is why exile is a harsher punishment than death, for most changelings. Being in a hive provides protection, socializing, understanding, and easier food. Those who become hiveless, for one reason or another, sometimes struggle to do well. Those who do acclimate well, are those who blends in seemingly with society, but you can usually spot them, as being very forthcoming creatures, in a community. If you find one being unusually friendly, and the type to always go to places where many are, and mingling, it may be a changeling. A social butterfly, as the ponies tends to call social ones.

Not as extreme as their Pinkie Pie though. It would be too erratic to work efficiently, as a disguise.

To return to the topic, it is interesting to hear that kobolds, and changelings, have similar ideals. A community is just another variation for a hive, and though your goals in said community are not the same, there are tangible similarities.

As for your studies, I would keep those medical studies, and healing magic skills sharpened. There are usually a good market for either. It may well prove an efficient livelihood for you."

When they'd eventually get to the inn, it was a nice, rustic looking, wooden in, in two floors. Most of the top were rooms for the guests, whilst the ground floor were mostly for eating and drinking.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

As Dread spoke to Magnolia, she would help Zeehva up and offer her shoulder to lean on. Magnolia was once again with deep sympathy for her friend here however she could only do so much to help her. Spirits and dealings with the afterlife were not something that Magnolia had any sort of experience with.  It were something deeply fascinating. To think that there was definitely an afterlife. Magnolia's soul would carry on. It was best to not think on those things for now as Magnolia had a whole long life to look forward to. Most especially with healing her family pains and aiding Zeehva in hers.

"I am most afraid that my words may not suffice for such interesting things you dabble in...Thank you for providing this knowledge to us. It will not go forgotten I can assure you that. I believe it would be best for the two of us to visit the one you speak of at your family's estate. My friend here had gotten some...important files as to how her husband had...passed. I think that since we are in the area it would be a good chance, and an opportunity that would best be taken." she said calmly, shaking slightly as she gave Zeehva some gentle pats to emphasize her word.

Upon seeing Lunari in the photo Magnolia was quite intimidated but would hide that - still, she'd shudder a bit. Given that she were dealing with things she didn't understand and her mask of being strong, and uncompromising was completely gone, she were a lot more true to herself. "...Wow. That is quite something...once again my words likely won't match the merit of your own but this is all very fascinating. Lunari is from a time long ago I can already tell. I don't know a lot about the past, I should have read and studied more. That's my fault for not knowing more." she admitted.