Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia couldn't agree more with what Dread had spoke and her smile in agreement showed that she was more than willing to learn the history that she had spoke of. "I am most interested in learning what you have spoke about. Seriously, I can't really thank you enough for providing this information and opportunity for me." her smile was truthful and warm, yet it was quite awkward considering that she hadn't really said something like that in a long time to someone. She truthfully didn't really know how to go about a lot of social interactions but the intent was  t here and that is all that really mattered in truth.

Looking to Clayton and his companion as they interacted with Zeehva, she felt a sense of innocentness about how Zeehva conducted herself. It was pleasing to see Zeehva being able to conduct herself. Casually she'd look to Belladonna and Clayton. "She's really good at what she does. She's teaching me what she does, too. You are in good hooves. I hope you find what you need." she spoke with an awkward grin.

@Blitz Boom

On 2021-12-21 at 6:53 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Frankly? I would think it best if I did not interrupt too much. This place needs personality, and my own touch upon it, will come as time moves on. But I am highly curious how you and Lin, would make it more homely. And frankly, I could see myself keeping it that way too. You are all close friends, and feeling as if parts of you are here, would make it feel friendly and warm."

“Oh if only we had a lot more to show. Back home, there was barely anything we could consider as decorations. I’d probably say more, but Lin is bringing some over. I’ll let those speak for themselves. Don’t worry though… We’re bound to leave a lot of room for your personal touches. That I guarantee.”

Sen would immediately turn to see Omen tearing some of her mane, something reminiscent of the same wriggling mass of hair on his armlet or Lin’s necklace ornament. He’d then look at his own bit of Omen’s hair and couldn’t help but note how creepy it was. Well… at least to onlookers it was creepy. Now, the design has definitely grown on him, and it was, as other say, cool. It sort of looked like a spider latched on to one leg while clutching a jewel. Not quite what anyone from pony high society would call fashionable, but it is a conversation-starter. 

“Hey, maybe we could fashion something out of that hair. Perhaps not a wearable accessory, but sister might bring something over that could work with it. Just have to wait and see.”

“I, uh… I share your concerns about Omen. It’s a rather terrifying thought leaving this world behind and not teaching her enough. I want her to have the know-how to find her way in the world, but there is still time to learn. Lin’s already started on that, and I hope there will be more time.”

It wouldn’t be long before a gate opened by the entryway into the living room, and Lin would come with a saddlebag partly filled. One side had some flat wooden panels, while the other had more smaller objects in it. She seemed to be leaning to one side due to the weight of the panels, but it wouldn’t be long before she put everything down by the nearby table to unpack them.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. I had to make sure I got everything I wanted to carry. Come, take a look.” 

On the table were three wooden panels, each containing a piece of a much larger, ornate carving of a jade orchid. Next to them were a set of smaller wood carvings. They were an assorted bunch, sporting detailed shapes of a willow tree, a longma with its wings outstretched, and a bird, and a halla with fully grown horns. Lin also brought out a brick made out of dried tea leaves, the same one she gave to Amethyst, though evidently it is something that isn’t quite a decoration. The last object pulled out was a kind of woven vessel made of the same materials as the wicker ball Shrimp loved to play with. It was lightweight, yet sturdy enough to hold a fair amount of objects as long as they were small enough to fit. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Loud Opinion @Blitz Boom

shark pouncing, took him by surprise.

" oufff?! he hey!" Light said in a panic.

but before he could utter another word, Shark would lick his face, causing her poor victim to turn to bright red.

" aaa....aaaa.errrr!!"  Light has turned into a red babbling idiot, due to what shark did to him. he would also get stunned which lives shark to do whatever he want with Light.

but their reunion would be short leaved, as it seems trouble is a hoof.

Shark would eventually leave Light alone to prepare her stance to attack the impending danger ahead of them, and Light would snap out of his flustered state and notice the danger as well.

" ahm... that was just a friendly hug...nothing more Light...." light told himself while blushing.

It seems Light, got more flustered than he thought he would be. Maybe due to the fact that he hasn't felt the hug of another for a long time, and his attitude towards others does not help as well.

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom
So mutual destruction, Ruby thought, she hadn't been that far off, what was mutual downfall if not two-way blackmail. 

"You're awful liar when you get tense." Ruby stated coldly, though she had gotten her answer, this was indeed one of Marley's ghosts rather than someone interested in her, or Leviathan, she just now realized that she didn't actually know Leviathan's past enough to know if she had enemies, besides dragon-hunters of course. 

To Leviathan's touch Charir reacted as to be expected at this point, at first he was taken off guard and tensed up slightly, but soon he relaxed and clearly enjoyed the friendly attention. 

For the parchment, before Charir could tell what it was, he dodged out of the way just in case, but after he saw what it really was, he was mainly curious, tilting his head at it like had come to be his way of observation.  While Ruby hadn't originally planned to ask anything more since she didn't really care for details, seeing this changed her mind, as symbols usually meant some kind of organization, and organizations, be it legal kind or a shady one, were usually more pain to deal with, though surprisingly enough it wasn't herself she was thinking this time.

She would quite literally push Marley to spot he couldn't claim he couldn't see the picture from, her eyes were now in their lizard look and her real voice broke through the pony disguise as she spoke in colder than usual, eerily calm voice right into his ear "I couldn't care less what you've done in the past or who you have pissed off, but you better start telling what kind of problem you've brought upon us. I have a hatchling with me, and if he gets a single scratch on his scales because of your pathetic fears, I'll break your bones one by one until you beg for death to take you, only to then personally deliver you to those after you." Ruby's demeanor made Charir tense up and hide behind Leviathan. 

Ruby wasn't entirely sure where this sense of protecting came from, but unlike the previous times when she had suddenly snapped to protect Charir's life, she was actually fully in control this time.

-----------------------------------------
Well, that explained why Scarecrow hadn't heard of it that much, he never went north, mainly due to the lack of forests, since hiding oneself in endless flat whiteness wasn't easy for dark colored being like himself. He simply nodded to the offer, he wouldn't need to act on it of course, but it was better to not state that to avoid questions. after acknowledging the last statement and seeing no continuation, he spoke  "Thank you for your hospitality, I've gotten few bits and pieces to think about to try to refresh my memory, and it has been a pleasant talk, shall we move on?" the last part was addressed to Lyriel, as it was she who wanted to come here, and thus should be the one to decide if they leave. He would wish the pony good day and such if they did leave. 

-------------------------------------------------
While all of them agreed with Onache's comment regarding the pony-schooling, they were probably less judgmental about it, ponies had just started to learn about dragons, so it only made sense their knowledge on other creatures was lacking, especially creatures like kobolds, where the little interaction they had would be through those like Chega, and while happy to tell about her species, they weren't too comfortable with the level of questioning that would be required to make accurate teaching material about the species as a whole. 

"We are well aware of the ways our communities could be found, and thus we have measures to combat those ways, we haven't stayed hidden this long through sheer luck alone after all." Chega addressed this first because she saw it as more important to get out of the way "But more importantly, why would I do any of that? Even ignoring the fact that it was my own decision to leave knowing I may never return, I would never, ever, risk my community like that for sake of few individuals." "And we wouldn't want to risk communities for our own sake either, we have seen where it can lead." this was probably the first thing resembling an real ideological clash  between the kobolds and Onache, and if they hadn't already known about their differences, they would have probably been offended she had even suggested such actions. 

But as nobody liked negativity, Chega quickly changed course back to positive topics "But that aside, to return to your previous comment, We're happy to tell the story of our meeting..." Sear cut in "But let's get the obvious out of the way first, yes, there is certain stigmas, but for us it's not as bad since many think Chega as another, be it notably smaller dragon, granted the question of offspring comes up now and then, but it comes mostly from other dragons, and I couldn't care less what they think, there's a reason why I left home in the first place after all." "And while none of anyone's business, we already have planned things out when it comes to such things." "Buut, anyway, back to our meeting, it's not really that exciting, I got into bit of trouble when my singing attracted pack of wolves to my location, I can defend myself, but it was bit too much for me, so I had to flee into a tree. Having nothing to do but wait, I started singing about my predicament." "I heard her as I happened to be close by and went to investigate." "So there was I, sitting in a tree singing about how much trouble I was in, and then the most beautiful creature I've ever seen came from the forest to save me." More Chega spoke, more deeply she looked at Sear, meanwhile Sear seemed to be slightly embarrassed from the praise as she continued from where Chega left of "Long story short, neither of us had a travel companion, so we joined together and got to know each other, or well, I got to know her, Chega was all over me the moment we met." she chuckled 

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

"But of course, dear Lily.  No need to get something uncomfortable," Dawn expressed.  Gracefully directing with her hoof to the curtain Rising had emerged from not but moments ago.  "Take your time.  I can adjust the size until we have the time for a proper seamstress and tailoring," the mare was talented, but the needle and thread was not one of them.  Turning her attention to Rising now whether Lily chose to depart to the changing room to try on her dress or not.  "Well, what do you think, dear brother?  Think you can suppress the urge to break any spells?" the twin inquired.

Rising scrounged his brow as he thought about that.  "Your manor is still standing, isn't it?" the detective retorted.  "Fair..." the sister pointedly drulled.  Rising chuckled, "I don't go around zapping every spell I sense.  You know that."  "I do," the mare agreed.  "But, these aren't Equestrian magics.  Like Lily said, they might seem wrong.  You might react on instinct."  Dawn wasn't wrong, that was always a possibility.  Even the most disciplined pony can easily give in to their fight or flight responses.  His sister may be overreacting, the likely hood that his visit to Harrowmark was going to lead him to areas where such terrible spells like Twisted's swamp were just floating around.  It's going to be really important for him to pay close attention to the attitudes of the spells as they were made.  Reading into the intent behind a spell has been a good safeguard for the detective in the past.  With dark, necrotic magics though, his experience was limited beyond just breaking them outright like in the swamp.

Speaking of necrotic magics, the fact that undead were around as servants and guards was rather intriguing.  A good example for Rising to get a good look at the differences in the spell matrix of reanimating magic from undead with the intent to protect versus rip his head off.  "I'll respect their ways and only react to a threat," he assured his sister.  Of the Equestians that'll be in attendance, he'd be the most likely to discern said threats from magic anyways.

@Starforce

On 2021-12-21 at 9:10 PM, Magnolia said:

"I am most interested in learning what you have spoke about. Seriously, I can't really thank you enough for providing this information and opportunity for me."

"Mine is a family of helpers. It is within us to assist others, though mostly how we do so, are seen as taboo. You and your friend have problems, that is within our powers to deal with, and so, we will do what we can. Even if that includes sending you to our homestead, where they can do more for you, than I. It is a shame I cannot do more myself, yet I trust that my family will give you the guidance you need. Though your ancestor is a stubborn one. It may take time for you to bond, so weapon yourself with patience."

Their knowledge of death were old and vast, yet sadly few were willing to hear, and even less learn from them. Even if they weren't hunted, shunned, or imprisoned anymore, there were still some less than kind words at times, towards those that meddles in death, within Equestria. The result of a few, making the rest seem bad sadly, combined with the aforementioned taboo aspect.

On 2021-12-21 at 9:10 PM, Magnolia said:

Looking to Clayton and his companion as they interacted with Zeehva, she felt a sense of innocentness about how Zeehva conducted herself. It was pleasing to see Zeehva being able to conduct herself. Casually she'd look to Belladonna and Clayton. "She's really good at what she does. She's teaching me what she does, too. You are in good hooves. I hope you find what you need." she spoke with an awkward grin.

Belladonna didn't answer at first, but merely inspected Zeehva's credentials, whilst using her horn to open her elegant saddlebag. Within, one could see clear cases of vials, as well as needle-like slivers of crystal or glass, with small droplets within. Though she'd be using her magic to float out a money pouch instead for now, and pull out the requested amount for the potions that Clayton wished to purchase now. As well as half down for what would be the price for the vials, once filled.

"Vauw, that's uhm... A-Are you sure about this?"

"Common practice for transactions such as this, to meet halfway with the vendor. Provided that they can be verified, and I can see the seals are legitimate. The slightly flaky, bark pieces within the seal from Zebrica, cannot be made locally with any degree of accuracy. It is unusual to find an honorary Zebrican alchemist though. Hence a need to verify your credentials myself, as I am more verse in this than Clayton is.

Since everything is in order, here is half the payment for the order we have made, as well as payment for the current product you carry. The address in which to deliver the wares afterwards, can be found on the card you were provided with.

Now then, to address your pupil: Be advised that if you wish for the same credentials as her, you would have to get your certification in Zebrica itself one day, when you consider yourself taught enough. A lengthy aquisition, but those who have it have great value. Not all are willing to work with zebras, but their expertise is respected. It could be of value to you, were you to learn the ways of their craft, from her.

Keep in mind that repetition is not all there is to alchemy. Do not forget to innovate."

Belladonna looked with full neutral indifference towards both of them. Clearly examining them, and scrutinizing them, but if she were judging, she did not show it, in any way. Not even in her tone of voice, which were clear, dry, and professional. Unnerving to some, but Clayton for one, truly cherished having her around. It helped his sometimes nervous demeanor, to have one who could keep her head cold, and guide him properly.

=======================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2021-12-22 at 1:12 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Hey, maybe we could fashion something out of that hair. Perhaps not a wearable accessory, but sister might bring something over that could work with it. Just have to wait and see.”

“I, uh… I share your concerns about Omen. It’s a rather terrifying thought leaving this world behind and not teaching her enough. I want her to have the know-how to find her way in the world, but there is still time to learn. Lin’s already started on that, and I hope there will be more time.”

"I'm considering braiding the hairs together properly, and use it as a fishing lure. The way it waves and wriggles, could make a fish confuse one for a worm, and I have some situations, in which it could be beneficial to fish. In parts to feed others, but at times I also just fish, then release them afterwards. The experience of sitting around on, or near, a calm lake, and fishing, is rather relaxing."

He couldn't eat the fish of course, but that didn't mean the experience itself wasn't somewhat therapeutic. And whereas he mostly let the fish go, if he were near where he saw some hungry creatures who'd enjoy it, he tended to just hand them over there then. Earned him a few favors here and there amongst griffins, and this one time where a rather sleepy panther, had sat next to him, waiting for new fish to be yoinked up, that it would then get. Lasted for a few hours before it seemed sated, and wandered off. A rather weird situation honestly.

"As for Omen, we can only do our best, but there is a lot to catch up on. Much as I know she still holds him in high regards, Discord's chaotic world education, have been wholly unfitting with a stable, orderly world. It seems she have caught on to some things herself, but it is minimal.

At least on a bright side, you will be able to have a generation's lasting companion, in case you fear how it might go for your own children, and grandchildren, once such a time comes, as to where you feel the end crawling nearer. I loathe teaching her fully about death, and what it means to her, and those she knows though. I am not sure if she can accept that when time comes, she might never perish, and hence never meet others in the beyond. I think Mother would need to direct her to answers there."

He had yet to meet that one, but surely, the main creator of all of these creatures, would know how to speak to them, and help them understand such things? Omen were still rather basic, so it should be possible, in case he failed it.

On 2021-12-22 at 1:12 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Sorry to keep you waiting. I had to make sure I got everything I wanted to carry. Come, take a look.” 

On the table were three wooden panels, each containing a piece of a much larger, ornate carving of a jade orchid. Next to them were a set of smaller wood carvings. They were an assorted bunch, sporting detailed shapes of a willow tree, a longma with its wings outstretched, and a bird, and a halla with fully grown horns. Lin also brought out a brick made out of dried tea leaves, the same one she gave to Amethyst, though evidently it is something that isn’t quite a decoration. The last object pulled out was a kind of woven vessel made of the same materials as the wicker ball Shrimp loved to play with. It was lightweight, yet sturdy enough to hold a fair amount of objects as long as they were small enough to fit.

Rosa would look over what had been brought along, and help to unpack it too, if it seemed like Lin had issues with doing so. Omen even came over by then, to see what would happen, as she were curious of what Lin would think of as decoration for this place too.

While she went to sniff at the tea leaf brick, Rosa's attention would first be set upon the wooden carvings. He'd even go so far as to touch it gently, and run his hoof down the carvings themselves.

"They are beautiful. Someone did a great job at carving these."

He could feel the skill being done on them, compared to more generic, line work kind of thing that he'd sometimes think in souvenir shops. It had a rustic, yet professional feel, that you just didn't get, if the one who did it, didn't try to do so with some degree of heart.

A little presumptuous perhaps, to claim such a thing, but he would stand by it.

"I must admit, this were not what I had expected you would return with. Though I am somewhat uncertain about the depiction there. Is that a deer? The horns seems peculiar."

WHile he did that, Shrimp started to join Omen in sniffing at the tea brick, though he wouldn't get far, before he recoiled slightly, and let out a sneeze. Caused a bit of glittering fire to come out, and leave a scorch mark on the table, but nothing serious. 

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

If Ruby weren't going to slam him against the window, so that he wouldn't be able to ignore the parchment, Leviathan were going to push him the last bit of way. One way or another, he'd be face to eye here, as she too, were getting irate, once the option of this potentially hurting Charir came up again.

"Start talking, or this cart is going to start smelling like roasted chicken. If whoever this is are going to hurt him, you'd wish what she have planned for you, were all that would happen."

"Grrrr. Let. Me. Go!"

Marley would push himself away from the window, showing more strength than he had thus far, and once to the side would turn towards them, with thunderous rage roaring in his eyes. His stance slumped oved, and muscles tensed up, rippling across him, as his feathers puffed up.

It were a brief moment only, but in that, it were hard to see it were the otherwise sophisticated griffon they usually dealt with. Looked more like some kind of wild beast, about to lounge at them.

"G-Nononono. Calm. Caaaalm. Breathe slowly. Find your center..."

He'd close his eyes, and ease up. His feathers would go down, his talons calmly go down, and as he opened his eyes, the rage would be gone too.

"I told you already: There is no danger to him. Ashta have no interest in hurting younglings. It goes against her mantra."

Suddenly, the other windows would be covered with parchments, carrying the exact same symbol, and making it near impossible to see something on the other side. Though they'd be able to feel something alright. How the cart got a momentary halt, before a mechanical sound from the direction of the other carts were heard, and they'd then seemingly turn down another track. It appeared they had been disconnected from the primary train. Likely by whomever had plastered these all over the windows.

"There's no escaping it anymore then... Ashta is here, and she's going to pry the door right open again. Accursed creature. Why could she not just accept it?"

He'd glare towards the door, worried, and seemingly anticipating something, as the cart would slowly, over time, start to move to a halt. One could hardly guess what would happen, once it were fully there. Judging by the reaction of Marley, it would likely not be something good.

===============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The north weren't devoid of forests. Hardly so, in fact. It were more that everything tended to be covered in white, and tracks being pretty easy to follow. Both things that'd make it hard for most creatures to hide up there. Several beasts or criminals had tried, and had easily been hunted down by the locals there. Wouldn't be the first reason that Scarecrow would be sought after likely, but it'd certainly be harder to hide. At best, he might end up like a local folk legend of some sort.

So not everything would be all that different.

As for the meeting, the shopkeeper would nod to them, and let them leave. Lyriel though, would give him a farewell as she were prone to do now, by wishing him best wishes, and delivering a bow. She sometimes missed doing this in her old form, but she were getting used to this a little by little. Perhaps in due time, she would get used to regular pony greetings too, which seemed to involve a lot of hugs. Which were something she were not against, but still weren't sure of the situationally appropriate times to do it.

Before leaving the store though, a hiss would make Lyriel halt. Within the rolls of fabric, the large snake of the store would poke her head out, and the two of them would have a short conversation, made in languages not fathomable by regular ears. Though Crow could understand it, and as he seemed indifferent, it were likely nothing important. Probably just farewells to the snake as well. It wouldn't be long though, and they could make their way outside. A big smile kept on Lyriel's face, as they entered the brisk autumn air once more, and a pleased sigh escaped her being.

"The stories he had were not pleasant, yet I did enjoy speaking with his companion. I Some animals had spoken that nature were not welcome in every building, but it is good to know where it is. Have I ever need for attire, I will remember this place. I suppose it will depend on how this *winter* will be.

You have experienced it, yes? What is it like? The animals speak their parts of it, but I'd like to hear your perspective, as we wander along."

As for where they'd go? Honestly, she were interested to go see the outskirts of town again, but this time, in another direction than the apple farm. Might be they'd find other farmers of some sort then? Or buildings of importance? This place were larger than her old village had been, and filled with many things to witness. She were curious what were there.

======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2021-12-26 at 11:18 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"We are well aware of the ways our communities could be found, and thus we have measures to combat those ways, we haven't stayed hidden this long through sheer luck alone after all." Chega addressed this first because she saw it as more important to get out of the way "But more importantly, why would I do any of that? Even ignoring the fact that it was my own decision to leave knowing I may never return, I would never, ever, risk my community like that for sake of few individuals." "And we wouldn't want to risk communities for our own sake either, we have seen where it can lead." this was probably the first thing resembling an real ideological clash  between the kobolds and Onache, and if they hadn't already known about their differences, they would have probably been offended she had even suggested such actions. 

"I did not mean to make it wide spread knowledge. Just options on how to find passage. Though I suppose, your assessment is fair, that you have your own countermeasures. Most tunnel dwellers tends to, to varying degrees of success. I personally find the Diamond Dogs are mostly easy to infiltrate without them noticing.

That aside, to each their own. I can understand some degree of wariness, to letting an intruder in, but find that those who wants to, tends to find a way. Some can be annoyingly persistent."

She got the feeling she may have offended them in some manner. Perhaps she made it sound as if it were her intention to actually break into their community, rather than just make suggestions of how one could find their path? It may have come off like that. Ah well, it appeared they were moving past it, and she had given a more neutral response about others in general, rather than having some degree of focus on herself. And she did understand the need for caution. Yet to her, that tended to mean that you had to consider what options others may have, to find their way past those, rather than just rely fully on that.

On 2021-12-26 at 11:18 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

But as nobody liked negativity, Chega quickly changed course back to positive topics "But that aside, to return to your previous comment, We're happy to tell the story of our meeting..." Sear cut in "But let's get the obvious out of the way first, yes, there is certain stigmas, but for us it's not as bad since many think Chega as another, be it notably smaller dragon, granted the question of offspring comes up now and then, but it comes mostly from other dragons, and I couldn't care less what they think, there's a reason why I left home in the first place after all." "And while none of anyone's business, we already have planned things out when it comes to such things." "Buut, anyway, back to our meeting, it's not really that exciting, I got into bit of trouble when my singing attracted pack of wolves to my location, I can defend myself, but it was bit too much for me, so I had to flee into a tree. Having nothing to do but wait, I started singing about my predicament." "I heard her as I happened to be close by and went to investigate." "So there was I, sitting in a tree singing about how much trouble I was in, and then the most beautiful creature I've ever seen came from the forest to save me." More Chega spoke, more deeply she looked at Sear, meanwhile Sear seemed to be slightly embarrassed from the praise as she continued from where Chega left of "Long story short, neither of us had a travel companion, so we joined together and got to know each other, or well, I got to know her, Chega was all over me the moment we met." she chuckled 

"I believe that offspring should be part of future plans, but that is regarding my own. What others gets up to, and if they even think of that, are not something I see a reason to get involved in. I tend to mostly be curious as to whatever or not, the feelings that are claimed are true. Love is a thing to treasure."

For many of her kind, that were because it were food, but that weren't all that important. And not the only reason she'd care either. She had some respect for true love, which went both ways between the partners. As for what species they were, she didn't care all that much. Sure she'd have her thoughts, but that were irrelevant to their situation, and she didn't see a point in attempting to break things apart, simply because of how she'd like to live her own life. Let them be.

"It sounds like your meeting were a fortunate happenstance, which had a pleasant outcome. Hadn't expected this to be your origins, but it sounds like a memorable time, from which you grew greatly attached. It's appreciated that you shared that story."

It were a far more pleasing tale than how she met her only drone, that was for sure. Less simple, but then, most tales that did not involve grueling interrogation, and a forcible race change, would be. More pleasant as well. One of the reasons why she had not spoken of it, though she did find it endearing to some extend, that he were the most loyal of any drone she ever had. When the rest left, he were the only one who remained loyal to her, and she knew that if it were, she could count on him. She wouldn't claim to love him, as that were not normal for their kind, but she definitely had him in a very favorable regard. Even did back when she had a larger hive.

"Shame I cannot share one in the same veins. You have heard of how I met your alternate acquaintances here, and I have none here I could speak of otherwise. Except for the three creatures in here, whom have negative thoughts of your presence, Sear. Seems they have half a mind saying something to you."

The sound of three creatures slumping over their tables would be heard, and a small, fleeting smirk would show on Onache's face.

"I see little reason to sour the mood. So what brings you to Ponyville, of all places? It is not a place of good repute, from what I have gathered."

=================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Whilst going and taking on the dress, Lily still kept an ear risen, to listen in to what were being said. It sounded like regular sibling concern from Dawn, as well as a healthy dosage of teasing. Apparently how the two communicated, which at least she understood. She may not have any siblings herself, but she had seen others have this sort of testing relationship before. Yet as with Dawn and Rising, one could tell that if push came to shove, they would stand together through the rising tide. It were heartwarming, in all honesty. They made for good siblings, and in time, likely good parents too. She looked forward to the day when she could gaze upon their offspring at least. Such incredible potential, that one might find there... She were intrigued.

That aside, she'd get into the dress with ease. It honestly weren't hard to get into, though she did have one minor issue, which would be presented as she exited the booth, and faced the others: It were too big.

Even if she were a regular size for a pony, the lack of abundance in Harrowmark, compared to Equestria, made her leaner than a regular, local mare from this area. As this sort of clothes were likely not made with that in mind, she had found it to be rather lose, which made her think that she'd need to put on some more healthy kilos at some point. Not getting her food rationed, and regulated - meaning cut further at times, out of pure spite - would be a good start to that. Wasn't like they weren't able to produce enough food to keep them all well fed. But they had to deliver so much of it, to keep them at their limits, that it just couldn't go up.

As for what Twisted did with it? Oftentimes, just feeding it to his monsters, or have it burned. He didn't eat much himself either, and mostly did this to keep things in check. He would not be missed.

"It seems I am a little less... Filling, than the local mares. Might I request your assistance, Dawn?"

(assuming she will do so, and as such, writing to what she'd say after)

"Yes. Much better. Thank you for that.

Also, I overheard what you were talking about, and I can assure you, that you can easily tell who are threats up close, when it comes to the undead within our capitol's walls. If you see them being sensible, and acting like any regular pony, or diamond dog, you can be at ease. If you see a spirit screeching towards you though, or a shambling skeleton lounging towards you, feel free to act as you see fit. If the High Priestess will not beat you to the punch first. She seems intend to relinquish burdened souls from their tethers, to empower Viz'nay. Perhaps witnessing that up close, rather than through this foci, will be educational for you?"

================================================================================

@Loud Opinion @Kujamih

Shark wouldn't do a whole lot more to him, beyond licking his face, and nuzzling his cheek with her own face. To ponies, a pretty intimate thing, but to sharks, it were just instinctual ways of greeting. She needed far more time around ponies, than 2 days, before she could begin to properly adapt their greeting methods. Though she were doing something like it, right? She were using her legs to hug him. OR well, clutch to him, but that were a minor detail.

The rustling, and far off sounds, would get louder, and closer. Shark too would get ready for something getting near. Flickering her wings slightly, and chomping the air, she seemed eager to get down to some sort of fight.

"Prey is coming."

And they wouldn't have to wait long, as suddenly, two dozen of those frog mutants rushed through, headed straight for them with a mixture of barbed tongues shot out, and blobs of swamp-like mass, spat from their mouths.

Shark got hold of the first one near her, biting into the tongue shot towards her, and did a swirl, hammering it into two others, that she then went over and smashed her prisoner frog into them. With enough force to leave an impact on the ground, and leave the frogs mushy.

Several would be aiming for Light too. In fact, after that display, more began to go after him, as Shark had proven dangerous to them. Which she definitely were. She were too agile to be hit by their swamp balls, and even if she did, she were strong enough to just go out of them. The barbed tongues were not able to hurt her much either, and she were likely the only thing in this forest, that could safely eat the disgusting things. She had been made to be their natural predator after all, and she were living up to that.

So Light were the designated dinner, though not the only one. Limbo would be targeted by no fewer than five at once, all aiming for a limb, and her neck, and would drag her into a bush to be messily devoured, if they got hold of her. She'd best defend herself. Or go into enough panic to cause difficulties, that the others could help her with. And the more had issues with Shark and Light, the more would come for her, as Limbo were currently witnessed as the weak one to hunt. Depending on her response, of course.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia looked directly within Dread's eyes upon those words and smiled. "I've been discriminated against my entire life, when I see the eyes of one who has been I feel a sense of kinship, if it were. As I do with you. I don't see anything to fear from you or your family, or your craft. For those that are - they simply don't understand what the world really is. I do hope that changes because so many often go through their lives idly by in ignorance of the truth." she spoke with hope, but also a great deal of dis-satisfaction within her word.

To Belladonna she understood her word perfectly and nodded. "Definitely something I seek someday, when the conditions are ripe. It is something on the road map but there are many things for me to arrive at first. I am not the best of...ponies, and I am working on that. I am curious about Zebras in general though. I find that I don't understand a lot of their customs and I wouldn't mind learning from them." she stated. According to Belladona's observations, Magnolia seemed to be quite in shape for a Unicorn. Unicorns do not have her intense facial expressions or her strong build of legs. Her body was more built like an Earth pony if anything, but that was not by birth but by of her own accord. Magnolia was no doubt a strong, self assured mare - but why did it seem like she was more nervous than her body gave the impression of?

Definitely something to ask about if she wanted. But regardless, Magnolia looked to Zeehva and Belladonna. No doubt she was ready to go to Dread's homestead now. 

@Blitz Boom @Illiad Easle

after seeing shark mess up their attackers, Light starts to lose infatuation from shark's licks as he recalls that she eats the frog goblin abomination.

"... myeah... thinking about it, I shouldn't be getting turned on by shark." light said as he wipes away sharks slimy saliva off of his cheeks.

the frogs pounced at Light, seeing that he was distracted from cleaning himself. little did they know that they left themselves wide open.

Light would put both his front hooves solid to the ground and lift his hind legs and give a helicopter kick hitting anyone within range. but what's weird is the goblins did not receive a blow from his kick, but was sliced into half.

upon looking at Light, his hooves have giant black shards of scythes sticking out from it.

" don't underestimate me fodders."

as Light quickly finished his side of the goblins, he quickly analyzed the situation.

he spotted that shark needs no assistance what so ever. so he would try to spot Limbo if she needs assistance.

"... there you are Limbo!" but as soon as he spots her. he soon See's that something is wrong.

"I see that the God's grace has left you... there is no point in helping you."

Light Looked away at Limbo, who is slowly but surely getting surrounded by more and more goblins as Limbo seems to be stunned at her place, doing nothing at her predicament.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-01-05 at 6:26 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I'm considering braiding the hairs together properly, and use it as a fishing lure. The way it waves and wriggles, could make a fish confuse one for a worm, and I have some situations, in which it could be beneficial to fish. In parts to feed others, but at times I also just fish, then release them afterwards. The experience of sitting around on, or near, a calm lake, and fishing, is rather relaxing."

“Maybe one day, I could watch how you’d fish using that technique. It would certainly be something different than the spear fishing I learned. At least it keeps the fish alive, compared to needlessly skewering something unintended. Maybe it’ll be more relaxing than watching the water in anticipation.” 

Sen wouldn’t comment on the next part, as talking about heavy topics like mortality to Omen wasn’t something he was comfortable with at the moment. He’d recall a talk that veered pretty close to that topic back when he spilled just how much the though terrified him, back when they were in Mother’s realm. The longma made up his mind then, but it doesn’t make the subject any easier to discuss. Perhaps one day, when the time is right, they’d sit down and have a long talk about it. 

By then, Lin had arrived with some decorations for Rosa’s home. Most of them were small, though the wooden panels for the walls were an unexpected thing to see. Not many longma were into that sort of thing, especially when the panels would blend into the hut. There wasn’t much to look at in a home, and decorations weren’t something big for the longma, especially when they preferred to just have something functional. The little wood figures were notably for younger children, but it wasn’t uncommon for older longma to hold on to them out of sentimentality. It also helped that they didn’t take up a lot of space. 

“I’ll be sure to let the folks back home know their work is appreciated. I… kind of owe them something for these carvings, but that’s beside the point. Now, this deer-looking figure depicts a halla, and the longma have tales about them. The halla can sense the purity of one’s heart, and they come to those who are pure of heart to grant them a wish. Of course, some may have confused them with harts, creatures that resemble deer that can be seen more frequently in the forest.”

“The difference between them can be seen through the horns. I’m not sure what deer horns look like, but harts have much broader horns that resemble spikes. Halla horns are slender, point backward, and weave through and around each other.”

Meanwhile, Sen walked up to Omen and Shrimp examining the tea brick and the new scorch mark. He hasn’t seen an instance of anyone’s noses getting irritated by the smell of dried tea leaves, but there was a first for everything. This brick of qimun leaves was a good choice, owing to a combination of its medicinal benefits and taste. This was the kind of tea that folks could drink in any occasion, and it might be something Rosa would like.

“Not much of a scent in dried leaves, but I guess you picked up a something because of your stronger sense of smell. It is more pleasant when the leaves are prepared for drinking.”

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM & DAWN STREAK

"My dad?" Dazzle stopped her breath attack and licked her lips. Some latent electricity sparked between her teeth and scales beneath her skin lost their glow. "He ... I'm pretty sure he's an aloof, easy going dragon. It's been a long time since I've seen him so I could be wrong," she sighed softly in remembrance and looked at Benny before her attention was dragged away to Kaltrops.

"Another ... you want to fight me?" Dazzle asked Kaltrops in confusion, tilting her head with an ear pinned against her head. "Why? i just showed my lightning breath. I could have other attacks up my scales that you don't know about."

"Kaltrops, why did you ask the very mean looking electric to a fight?" Dawn said flatly, her embarrassment having gotten over with when the drake began talking to the hybrid. She was unsure on how to feel about everything but at least he wasn't spouting innuendos.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I wouldn't know a thing about it. I grew up with the griffins," Aurora told Anomaly with a light shrug of her wings. It was true, and by this point, she was merely going along with things instead of being scared by every unknown thing that moved. "But having said that, stones are fun to sit on and sunbake."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"I don't really eat emotions, little Blitzy," Atzy giggled, finally letting out some emotion with the filly. "What I do eat though, are gemstones," she told her and magicked out a gem from the bag hanging around her neck. She levitated the rock up to her mouth and promptly ate it. "See?" she grinned with bits of the gem stuck in her teeth.

"Don't go scaring the one friend you've made," Karmic sighed, sitting nearby on top of Enzo.

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight was feverishly looking through the book for some kind of answer before slamming it shut with a huff of frustration. "There's no way of knowing why Cherish and I are like this now," she told the three of them beginning to pace around the Cutie Map table. "Obviously something went wrong with the spell so from what you two have said, we have to find that strange Madame Macabre, right? The one from Marepunzel's tower? Where would we even find her? It's not like she'll just randomly wander the graveyards of the world and somehow end up in Ponyville Cemetery."

@Sekel @Widdershins

"Aloof and easy going, definitely sounds like an air dragon. It's not guaranteed, but we sorta have traits.

Like, wind aligned ones are aloof and carefree. They enjoy life, and sort of rolls with the punches, when things happens.

That's one reason why the earth aligned ones and them doesn't get along. They're very stoic and stubborn. Focused, and if they set their mind to something, they're the most duty bound you'll find.

Fire ones like myself, are passionate. Be it to our mates, or our enemies, we wear our emotions on our sleeves. We're the sort who'd tear down whole towns, if it meant saving one we cared about.

Water ones are a bit uh... Feral. No one really gets along with them, since they're highly territorial, and hostile to anyone they don't trust. Which is most. Though if you ever befriended one, you'd probably find your closest ally in your life, since they're protective, and caring about those they let near. Unless you betray them. They'd probably drown you then.

Not entirely sure why us fire and the water ones doesn't get along. Stories goes we were fighting over the same thing a long, long time ago, and neither side have really gotten over it. I dunno, hard to say, yeah?

Anyway, there's physical signs too, if you've seen that, with other dragons? Like fire being able to take a lot of heat. Wind being the best flyers, and generally having the physique to go with it.. Earth ones are robust, muscle sorts, you'd break a hand on, trying to punch. And water ones have gills and fins. Though I doubt you've seen the water ones. They rare move away from their areas in the ocean, even if they can live out of water."

What fun it were to discuss draconic differences like this. Not a lot really asked, so it were nice getting the chance. Though he might also soon have to get involved, in keeping the two hot heads apart. They seemed to be getting ready to have a fight. Though Kaltrops in general seemed that way. Pretty big signs he was a fire aligned one, but nothing were really set in stone, with the generalized ideas of 'em. Or he could be a hybrid element, which had the chance to go either way.

================================================================================

@Sekel

"Griffin raised? Cool. Would've figured you'd have attacked me by now then. Those birds just can't take a joke.

I were raised by a serpanther, called Zhu. Sneaky thing made some cultists revive me, then stole me away, to teach me how to be a good, productive draconequui. And also how to make a special kind of seed, that'd turn a desert into a jungle. Awh man, you should've seen it. It was amazing. Course the creatures there that turned into plant ponies weren't too thrilled, but some sorta *greater good* bla. bla. bla. thing. Too much *karma* and *balance* for me to get a grip on everything he says. Talks more in tongues than a zebra sometimes."

"Serpanther, eh? Well that's a special one. Don't see a lot of those 'round anymore."

"Eh, they're here, they're there. If it starts looking bad, I'll go gather 'em all up, and make a special place for them, so they can make lots more. I'd make more myself, but where's the fun in old designs? I like new ones."

She'd snap her tail at that point, and make some rocks rise up of the ground. All of which suddenly had mysterious beams of light beathing down on them, to make them more enticing.

==========================================================================

@Sekel

Blitz wasn't scared at all, from seeing Atzy eat the gem. She were just looking up with those big, innocent - and slightly manic - eyes of hers, curiously following the process, and giggling slightly when she saw there being gem pieces, between her teeth.

"Hehe, that's funny. You want more gems? I have some in my workshop. They're not good in bombs, but I find them sometimes when I blow up rocks. Usually I just gave them to Rarity, but if you want some for munchies, you can have them."

She barely had a use for them as it were, as she couldn't exactly cut in them with the tools she had around here anyway, so perhaps they'd make for a good snack item for her new friend? She just kept the ones she had because she hadn't had the time to bring them to Rarity yet, and she liked the shiny look sometimes.

"One of them's pretty funny. It goes *ba-bump, ba-bump* and is all pulsating and stuff. I put it in a special case. I think it's an aquamarine. Kinda looks like that one Rarity showed me anyway. With teeth."

Enzo perked his ears as he heard that, but just kept walking for now. This were a pretty strange thing for the filly to say, or if true, to have found. What kind of gem had teeth, and pulsated?

============================================================================

@Sekel

"Maybe she doesn't, but someone might know about her. She seemed powerful. Strong ponies, should be known about by others. Or maybe there's something in this place. Macabre might be a family name. Could be some sort of book about her."

If they looked around, they'd probably be able to find a book, at least mentioning them. The Macabre clan were one of the oldest family lines in Equestria, spanning back to the latter, of Discord's rule over Equestria. They had a notable estate in the middle of a large forest, in which three towns were situated.

The bat pony town of Moonlit Thicket, known to host quite a few late night festivals.

The Breezie town of Glitter Groove, in which few outsiders were allowed to visit.

And Somber Heights, the village of pegasi, known for their speed races and golf tournaments.

In the midst of where these towns were placed, laid Willow's Heart. A smaller town, in which there were only really two things of note. That being the large mansion, and surrounding area, primarily lived in by the Macabre Clan, and the council house, in which the leaders of the three cities would join up to discuss things impacting their communities. The Council of Three Wings technically didn't have a representative of the Macabre clan as a voting member, but the clan handled security in their area, in lieu of royal guards, and their leader's opinion had some weight with the council. And that leader currently, were Madamme Macabre. Formerly known as Grave Reaper, before she took over the clan, and the name associated of its matriarch, some fifty years ago. For a mare in her seventies, she aged quite well.

@Starforce

On 2022-01-05 at 1:06 AM, Magnolia said:

Magnolia looked directly within Dread's eyes upon those words and smiled. "I've been discriminated against my entire life, when I see the eyes of one who has been I feel a sense of kinship, if it were. As I do with you. I don't see anything to fear from you or your family, or your craft. For those that are - they simply don't understand what the world really is. I do hope that changes because so many often go through their lives idly by in ignorance of the truth." she spoke with hope, but also a great deal of dis-satisfaction within her word.

"There were a time, when our kind would be imprisoned, run out of towns with torches, or far worse. Equestria adapts, albeit slowly. But one have to persevere to be accepted, and foremost, show that you have no ill intent. Most fears those who dabble in death, because of the few who abuses that. So we need to prove to them, that we are not like that, and that we can be trusted. Every time one fails that, those who judge, will feel vindicated. When that happens enough, persecution will follow."

On 2022-01-05 at 1:06 AM, Magnolia said:

To Belladonna she understood her word perfectly and nodded. "Definitely something I seek someday, when the conditions are ripe. It is something on the road map but there are many things for me to arrive at first. I am not the best of...ponies, and I am working on that. I am curious about Zebras in general though. I find that I don't understand a lot of their customs and I wouldn't mind learning from them." she stated. According to Belladona's observations, Magnolia seemed to be quite in shape for a Unicorn. Unicorns do not have her intense facial expressions or her strong build of legs. Her body was more built like an Earth pony if anything, but that was not by birth but by of her own accord. Magnolia was no doubt a strong, self assured mare - but why did it seem like she was more nervous than her body gave the impression of?

Definitely something to ask about if she wanted. But regardless, Magnolia looked to Zeehva and Belladonna. No doubt she was ready to go to Dread's homestead now.

Belladonna noted the nervousness, but didn't judge based on that. She tended to make others nervous at times, as she weren't exactly easy to read. Which were by design too., but did have some drawbacks. She did consider that Magnolia may have something to hide, but lest it were something that would directly harm them, she saw no need to interfere yet. It may also be that she had done something, and the talk of persecution made her think of it. A grizzly affair perhaps, yet Equestria were supposed to give second chances. SO she'd let it be for now, and assume the mare were simply worried about them bringing it up, in some fashion.

"There are two zebra who lives in Canterlot. I can direct you towards them, once our order have been completed, and delivered. It should prove educational."

"I wouldn't mind. I miss speaking with them. B-But uhm, we'll look at that, once I'm done. I'll make sure to have it there within a week, as promised. Just have to find a few more ingredients out there."

"Very well. We will see you at that point then. Please sign here though, and we shall be on our way."

Belladonna would present them with a very simple contract. Standard issue, for deals such as this, which were mostly a formality, unless either part attempted to cheat the other. Zeehva would read it over to make sure, then sign it, and wave the two away, as they went on. And then, she'd use her horn to gather up the fifty bit coins she had gotten, into her saddlebag. This should last them for a fair while. And that was even before they got to how she'd make more, once she had crafted the other potions. This were good.

I guess I don't have to sell the other potions for now then. Do you uhm, know when Soul is back?"

"I doubt it will be long. Try and sell what you have set up as is. I shall help you clean up when it is done."

"Thank you. That's very kind."

It'd be about ten minutes, before Soul would wander back to them. And in that time, Zeehva had sold most of her premade potions. If she were willing to sell it, Magnolia would've made a sale too, from some that'd like to buy the stink bombs. Zeehva would've diluted it as she waited, and separated the resulting mixture, into five different packs. Wasn't high value stuff, but for foal pranks, or jock sorta gags, it'd do nicely, and should be worth about five bit per pop. Which Zeehva would tell her, should be what they were set at, with a possible *buy all* combination price. As the materials were inexpensive, one shouldn't get greedy with the final price.

@Kujamih @Loud Opinion

Light might not help Limbo, but if she would require it, Shark would jump over, maw wide open, and begin her assault on them.

And it were merciless, as well as sloppy. The aftermath were grizzly, as she'd attack them like a beast, and just splatter them over multiple surfaces. The sad remains would lay torn and bruised in a rather large area, and she'd get almost all of them., with or without help from others. Except for two, who'd make a run for it. They might be brutish, ever hungry little monsters, but even they understood that they were up against superior predators, and had to run away, before they too ended up cut, burnt, or torn asunder.

If they managed to run off, she'd go and take off after them, lest she were distracted. If not, Shark would stand in the middle of the carnage around them, and begin shaking of chunks and such, from her coat. Starting from her tail, and moving upwards. She'd need a punge into a river eventually though, to get clean. Her pale coat, made it pretty easy to see when she wasn't clean, so there were no hiding the spots of various origins for her.

A messy sort, but such were life as a predator. Things didn't always go cleanly.

"Friends okay? Is more frog in there. I hear them. Smell too. Ready for big hunt now, yes?"

They couldn't just leave the creatures be after all. had to handle the mess further, before things would get a little haywire.

@EQ_Theta

16 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Maybe one day, I could watch how you’d fish using that technique. It would certainly be something different than the spear fishing I learned. At least it keeps the fish alive, compared to needlessly skewering something unintended. Maybe it’ll be more relaxing than watching the water in anticipation.” 

"For some it's relaxing. For others, it's tedious, as it can be hours just sitting there, with the sound of nature, and your own thoughts, whilst waiting for a bite. Fly fishing is more active, if that's more your sort of thing though. As for the method, spear fishing have a higher catch rate, so to speak, if you do it right. Fishing with a line is a lot about patience, and luck. Of course, it does guarantee the fish dies, but if you intend to eat it, or feed it to another, there's nothing wrong in that. Long as they're not going to waste. That is the important part."

Needlessly killing for no reason, were not something Rosa were much of a fan for. If one had to hunt, or fish, it should be done with an expectation, that the prey would be used in some way. Or if not that, then have the method being non-lethal. Spear fishing were a thing that he would admit to have done a few times, but overall, he were not a big fan. When he fished, he did so to relax, whereas for spear fishing, it were standing still, and waiting to strike. To Rosa, that were just work, but in a river. Not all that relaxing, frankly.

17 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I’ll be sure to let the folks back home know their work is appreciated. I… kind of owe them something for these carvings, but that’s beside the point. Now, this deer-looking figure depicts a halla, and the longma have tales about them. The halla can sense the purity of one’s heart, and they come to those who are pure of heart to grant them a wish. Of course, some may have confused them with harts, creatures that resemble deer that can be seen more frequently in the forest.”

“The difference between them can be seen through the horns. I’m not sure what deer horns look like, but harts have much broader horns that resemble spikes. Halla horns are slender, point backward, and weave through and around each other.”

"If something is owed them, I will do my part in repaying that. It is only fair, considering where they are currently supposed to be placed.

As for deer, their bucks have rather impressive, branching horns, whilst the does have none. The horns on their males are not this slender and uniform though. And Halla... Halla... I can't place it, but I feel as if I've heard that word before. Somewhere out west. Peculiar creatures, it sounds like. A kin to genies in some way. Hopefully less intentionally spiteful though, if they can truly grant wishes.

The harts however, I do know. They're one of the deer variants, so if you've seen them, you know what a common deer looks like as well. Just think of them as more brown, rather than with the red coloring of the harts. I couldn't tell how feral Harts are comparatively though. Deer are higher sentient beings too, but they have their tribal lifestyle, which abhors modernization, in general. For all I know, Harts are further back than that. I must admit to have never met them. I've only seen pictures."

Much as he were knowledgeable about many things, and creatures, Rosa were not all knowing. He latched on to tidbits along his travels, as well as learned what he needed, about more important targets. The deer were rarely so, and Harts he'd never been sent anywhere near. They were unimportant, to the consortium.

19 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

Meanwhile, Sen walked up to Omen and Shrimp examining the tea brick and the new scorch mark. He hasn’t seen an instance of anyone’s noses getting irritated by the smell of dried tea leaves, but there was a first for everything. This brick of qimun leaves was a good choice, owing to a combination of its medicinal benefits and taste. This was the kind of tea that folks could drink in any occasion, and it might be something Rosa would like.

“Not much of a scent in dried leaves, but I guess you picked up a something because of your stronger sense of smell. It is more pleasant when the leaves are prepared for drinking.”

Seeing how soon after the sneeze, Shrimp would be back to sniff to the block some more, he may have just needed to sneeze. Or some dust had crawled up his nostrils. The tea didn't seem to irritate his nostrils anymore now though, as the refraction tried to scratch off some of the block to eat. If he succeeded, he would shove it in his mouth, and chew a bit, before spitting it out. Much too dry for him. Though if Lin for instance, told him to stop, he would do so, and look questioningly up towards whomever asked him to do so.

"Seems like he's curious. And would you look at that, he helped with the decorations. And here I thought he didn't care about me."

He'd try to tentatively move a hoof towards Shrimp, in whatever state he might be in now, and would retract it, once the refraction tried to bite out after him.

"I'm sure he'll warm up at some point. Might I ask what you all did to gain his favor? I know Omen have it, as she were the first one he saw. What of the rest? Have you any tricks I might use, beyond bribing him for a few seconds of compliance?

Ah, and of course, thank you for the tea. I shall make sure to put it somewhere safe, and boil some water for it when we have time later. I'm sure it will be lovely."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia understands what Dread speaks of and nodded silently. She didn't feel like she had anymore to add to that topic of conversation. Nor did she really wish to bring up any old wounds within Dread. As much as she wanted to at times she knew it likely wasn't best to pry her way into everything. Besides, she could find the answers on her own anyways. Dread was a very interesting mare she wouldn't mind knowing more about but that would come in time.

Looking to Belladonna and Clayton Magnolia would she would wave as they left. Looking to Zeehva she would smirk at her success with getting a sale done. Now Magnolia would remember the stink bombs she had made prior and would have sold the separate packs she had gotten. For small innocent pranks of course, she didn't have any nefarious intentions - but she didn't really see a use for the stink bombs herself. If she needed to deal with a threat she would just deal with it herself. Stink bombs wouldn't be really practical in a fight unless she could use a higher concentration. Likely wouldn't be worth the effort though. 

She sold the packs for 5 bits each with a combined price of 50. It was simple math it was, but for anyone willing to buy it - it would be good for Magnolia. She needed to start making bits anyways. Now she was really starting to see the value in alchemy. Definitely something Magnolia could get into full time, now that she had someone who was more than capable of teaching. 

When Soul had inevitably returned Magnolia would look to him intently. "So shall we get down to business? Our sales are completed. We have all the time in the world for visiting Alluria Sparkle, now." she spoke with an ever so slight grin. 

@Blitz Boom @Illiad Easle

the gruesome scene sparked Light's interest towards shark. 

his thoughts run wild as he ponders and predicts sharks plot, that he seems to have went into a trans from thinking to much and plotting. but he would soon snap out of it and give a slight grin.

as the coast was clear, he would soon head towards shark and congratulate them from their victory.

Light carefully went towards shark, while avoiding the crime scene she made.

" that was truly... um... incredible shark! very... vicious?" light said while avoiding the corpses.

"wouldn't you agree limbo?... not that you'd answer me anytime soon." he mockingly said towards limbo.

"you made the world a better place, you know that Shark? with you killing, fixing your master's mistakes and what not?..." Light glanced at Shark.

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-01-07 at 3:03 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"If something is owed them, I will do my part in repaying that. It is only fair, considering where they are currently supposed to be placed.

“That’s alright, Rosa. I’m the one who conducted the trades, and it is up to me to see that the artisans back home are repaid. I am open to suggestions on what I could give them. I’m torn between souvenirs or carving tools. There is merit in giving the folks back home something useful for their craft, but trading one good for an equivalent sounds fair.”

The tools option sounded better in Lin’s head, though that might be offering an unfair advantage among the artisans who are being favored. Souvenirs may not be enough, but it keeps the competition equal among the wood carvers. Food was also something Lin thought about, but it had to be consumed sooner, and not everything brought back from Equestria would be good taste-wise. Perhaps food could be left out for another time. Something practical or sentimental would be better for establishing a first-impression of the outside world without much drama. 

“As for your guess on the halla, I wouldn’t know where to begin. It is a creature that many have claimed to see, but one that no one could confirm. If anything, it’s more of a tale told to inspire young longma to do good and be virtuous. Not sure if that says anything about them being able to speak with us because even the harts keep their distance and don’t look like the speaking type. The longma are good with that at the moment.”

Lin’s idea of the harts were based on hearsay, and Sen didn’t mention them when they were young. For all the siblings know, the harts were just like other creatures living in the forest. They were content being left alone and didn’t have any cause for aggression. That was enough for the longma to leave them be and focus on other matters. If they were sentient, their behavior suggests their contentment with being undisturbed, and coexistence within the same forest by leaving each other alone was already doing wonders.

On 2022-01-07 at 3:03 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I'm sure he'll warm up at some point. Might I ask what you all did to gain his favor? I know Omen have it, as she were the first one he saw. What of the rest? Have you any tricks I might use, beyond bribing him for a few seconds of compliance?

“Lin’s got Omen’s scent, and they are similar creatures at this point with her being part Ki’Nathar. Shrimp recognizes that, making her already familiar. I… had to spend some more time with Shrimp to get him to warm up to me. Feeding, playing, and talking with her seemed to work, and it helps to be gentle. It also wouldn't hurt if we ease up on coddling him.” 

“Speaking of things that take a while, maybe we could get started on decorating? Where would you like to put the things Lin brought? I think a large wall would work nicely with the wood panels. It needs some space to give room for the whole carving.”

@Blitz Boom
It wasn't that Ruby didn't want to slam Marley with enough strength for it to leave a mark, but being in her pony form, she really couldn't, in that form she was what would have been considered a fit and strong mare in her physical capabilities, and Marley being a strong male griffon, he could probably put some amount of fight against her pony form, thus Leviathan probably had to take part.

Marley's little...lash out, got mostly a curious response from Ruby and Charir, Ruby seemingly finding it slightly amusing even, she was well familiar with having a feral side, having one herself, but seeing Marley puff up was rather hilarious to her, it was almost like seeing a pet kitten trying to threaten their owner. Charir too was only curious because Marley wasn't really intimidating to him, it didn't matter how angry he may get, it didn't make him any less flammable. "I'd ask what that was about but I think we have more important matters to deal with." Ruby stated eventually, it didn't really matter what Marley promised, she had learned how easily some may do things one would think they'd never do, so she was going to do some preparations, specifically, she walked to the door(s) and put her hoof against it, muttering under her breath like she had done so many times with her box.

As the cart slowed down, she mentally congratulated herself for being correct in her thoughts yet again, these trains really were easy to attack, guess they had to walk after all.

She positioned herself in front of Charir, making sure he was as far from any windows or doors as possible in the limited space "Well, there's a little gift waiting for this 'Ashta', though it's nothing too dangerous, until she's an idiot." she had made a small sealing spell on the door(s), nothing too powerful, but if and when the lock would be acted upon, be it by opening or breaking it, there would be a small magical explosion that would annihilate the lock and bit of the things around it, but only way for it to actually harm Ashta would be if she held a part of her body directly next to the lock while opening the door, a foolish action even without such spell, since she would be open for potential attacks from inside the moment she cracked the door. 

She was serious in her demeanor, but didn't seem overly worried, as she stood in front of Charir with a subtle posture of a predator, ready to bounce in an instant to tear someone's throat out, but at the same time she was calm, observant. Charir seemed to sense something in Ruby, not really sure what to think about it.

At this point Ruby was again back to being fully pony.

-----------------------------------------

"For me the experience is mainly visual, I can tell the difference in temperature, but only slightly, I can feel the warmth of direct sunlight, like I can feel the coolness of winter wind, but for me there's no real difference, it matters not if I'm on fire or if I'm frozen solid, the difference is like the difference between a sunny and a rainy day." Scarecrow explained, even that wasn't entirely true, as he less felt the difference and more experienced it, the growth on him acted slightly different in the two sides of certain temperature, "At winter nature sleeps, plants wither away, animals hide in their homes, pools of water freeze over, days are shorter and there's less ponies in the forest getting themselves in danger." "Sometimes when I stay put for too long or get myself wet, I'll freeze over, a mild inconvenience, as I need to break the ice to be able to move normally again." Having no bodyheat, there was nothing melting the ice from him, and covering himself with clothing wouldn't do much either, since they were made to keep the heat in rather than directly warm up, though he wasn't sure what exactly froze in him either, since as far as he was aware, he was as dry as sponge in a desert. 

"Then there's the snow, makes everything white, cold and sometimes wet, makes hiding challenging, though some parts of the forest never get snow, as the forest roof is in parts too thick for even sunlight to come through properly, and unlike water when it rains, snow doesn't flow down, instead it sticks where ever it lands." 

-----------------------------------------------------------

The kobolds didn't say it but obviously they knew no defense was perfect, and that was partly why they sent a party to the surface now and then, to learn about the ways the surface dwellers had figured out for navigating tunnels, and when all that failed, there was the option to fight, and they were quite the force to take on, this had been proven in Sheska's and Trox's world, because while they did eventually lose, they had historically put up the hardest fight while also being in the greatest disadvantage when it game to weapons, training and other military aspects. This was something their kind was very proud of there, and it had build a culture of rising from the ashes no matter what happened.  

She didn't comment on Onache's first statement, but it did cause a thought Sear's mind, she understood the offspring argument generally, she saw where it was coming from, but not when it was directed to her specifically, because, she was a dragon, a relatively young one in that, Chega was a kobold, she would outlive Chega many times over, so if life really was all about continuing one's bloodline as some thought, it wasn't like she couldn't do that now, she had plenty of time to worry about that.

She also didn't pay any mind to the creatures Onache mentioned, only listening slightly in what direction they were just in case, she was lot calmer than most of her kind, part of the reason why she left home, and it was really hard to get under her scales by insulting her personally, she would only act violently in self defense, or in defense of Chega. That didn't mean she was above subtle threatening though, as she cracked her knuckles while giving a side-glance towards the creatures' general direction, what made this special though, was the fact that Chega was still holding tight on her arm, and did not let go, so Sear ended up lifting the kobold in the air with one hand while she did it, and the love stricken Chega looked like she could explode from the amount of delight she felt. Sheska and Trox held chuckles in as they watched their friend, her joy made them happy too.

Sear was the one to answer the question, as Chega took a moment to gather her thoughts after such a great experience, it wasn't hard to tell that Sear's strength was something the kobold adored. "There isn't any specific reason, we travel around in and outside Equestria, Ponyville just was next on the list." "Next we'll head up north and turn around to head west." as Chega pressed herself even closer to Sear, she wrapped her tail partly around Chega's, she would have put her arm around her, but Chega was still holding on it. "When will you leave?" Sear shrugged "When we feel like it." 

@Blitz Boom

The trio was rejoined, even if their separation was short and only through that of a violet curtain.  A very nice dress, albeit one that is overly not form fitting.  Loose fitting on pretty much every part of her body and sagging in less that flattering places.  To be expected though as is the way of fitting.  Turning her attention away from her twin to focus on the rejoining pony.  "We'll get that fixed right up," Dawn chuckled.  Igniting her horn to cast a rainbow glow upon Lily's new dress.  The fabric shimmered and tightened.  Folding in on itself to tuck and conform to the witch's frame in a nice snug fit.  A perfect fit, no.  Just like Rising's suit that would require the hoof of a seamstress, but it was pretty darn close as performed by the unicorn.

"Why darling, you just look tres magnifique," Dawn admired, using that same accent she used when speaking to the sales ponies.  Rising nodded his own approval.  Well outside the norm from what he's seen in Harrowmark, but still sticking with esthetics that wouldn't be too far lost in that land.  Transformed with discount and soon to be disposed season collection.  "Dress sizes are always made larger off-the-shelf.  Much easier to remove and tuck than add fabric to a smaller dress," the sales pony explained.  Or at least it was that way for off-the-shelf dresses when a custom dress wasn't be designed.  That normally required sizing appointments and a greater degree of effort.

"We'll take them both," Dawn told the sales pony, now remembering that she was there waiting on them.  The glow of her magic moved off of Lily's dress and a small coin purse the size of a single coin floated out of her jacket pocket.  The clasp on the purse clicked open and a dozen of the gold coin Bits flew out to stack on the sales pony's waiting hoof.  Another fine example of Dawn's It's-Bigger-On-The-Inside Spell.  The name still needs work, and has since decade ago she created it.  "Thank you madam, please come again," the mare checked the stack and started to wheel the racks into the back of the shop.

Putting the coin purse back into her jacket pocket she then removed the royal invitation Minty had delivered to them earlier.  Floating the scroll over to her brother.  "You have an appointment to keep dear brother.  Let's not have you late," she smiled.  Rising grabbed the scroll from Dawn rainbow aura.  "Don't worry, I'll take care of Lily until the portal opens," Dawn got out as she knew the question was already coming.  "Give me a lift?" Rising asked, but he could already see the rainbow tapestry being woven.  "Bye bye," she waved a hoof at her brother and he was gone in a rainbow flash of light.  

Dawn sighed, taxing with all the spellcasting today.  Always crazy when her brother was around.  "Tick tock... Ready?" she asked the newly dressed Earth Pony.

@Catpone Cerberus

She could wait as much as she liked, but Ashta were not going to simply open the door. Whatever it were she were doing outside, she seemed contend on doing so, whilst the lot of them stewed in here, Shouldn't be a surprise either. They were the ones in a box, without supplies, nor entertainment. Meanwhile, she'd be outside, with ample things to do whilst waiting, easy access to whatever she'd need, and all the advantages, as she had them locked into a single position.

"A nice idea, but it won't work. She have no reason to go in, and all the time in the world to wait for us to need to go outside."

"Even in bad weather?"

Leviathan could see this wasn't exactly a good defensive position, as they wouldn't win this waiting game. So she'd stack this against their would be assailant.

She'd go to where Charir had already made a hole, and then punched her fist straight through it. She couldn't see the sky above them in this case, but she'd probably not need accuracy either here. She just needed to cause the weather to become rather intolerable to stay in. A little localized hail storm should do the trick, combined with harsh winds. Just a matter of magic, and then soon after, they'd hear the hardened ice rattle against the outside of the cart, like there were no tomorrow. The weather ponies were gonna have a fun time explaining this one, but she didn't really care. This were setting them in a better situation, as any sensible creature, would be rushing away to cover in this weather. Either in the forest, or by trying to get in here.

No one would knock here, but a voice would come through. Booming and calm, overriding the rapidly falling hail storm.

"My voice, a beacon. My will, thy shelter."

"The nineteenth mantra. She's fine out there."

"Not once I turn this up."

"At which point, you'd end up breaking this cart. But by all means, if you don't believe me, have a look for yourself."

This cart was gonna be wrecked one way or another, so he'd smash a hand through too, and give them a hole to look at whom were there for them.

Floating in the air, were a robed being. As the winds blew at her, and pelted her with a myriad of hail, you could see on the tail alone, that this were a kitsune. One wearing simple robes, as if she were a monk, and sitting calmly in the air. Her front paws gathered in front of her, as she seemed to meditate through this raging storm. A storm which didn't seem to even slightly annoy her, though perhaps a thunderbolt would, now that Leviathan had a good enough view to be able to aim. Just a little application of magic, and then-

It had soared straight towards Ashta, but just as it were about to connect, it had deflected, and bended around her. As if she were in some sort of bubble. Which were odd, as the hail still hit her, but it were likely a matter of just not wasting magic on things which didn't matter.

"I already don't like her."

"She gets that a lot."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Winter sounds like a troubled time. But as there is a rising of life, so too much there be death. The cycle seems true for even the weather, though I still don't understand it in proper. I think it is hard for me to do so, as I have never experienced cold."

A withered leaf flew by. Lyriel following it with her eyes, as the brown, dry leaf went down the streets, cast along with a mild breeze.

"Season change is not far away...

*sigh* I have been told of the dark areas, where lift cannot find hold, through thick branches. I offered to change that, but some wish for that darkness. It is where they make their home, and I cannot take that from them. If snow proves troublesome for me, I may have to forgo my want for light, to seek shelter for a time, beneath those hallowed branches.

As for how it ails you, it saddens me to hear that. Please, when winter come then, do not hesitate to join me within the forest. I shall make sure you're kept safe from freezing in place."

She were not sure what that would entail exactly, but the animals had told her how it affected the rivers, and smaller ponds. If it were akin to that, she had a troubling season ahead. But they'd see. Perhaps it were not so bad, right? What were it after all, besides just another part of nature's splendor, that she had yet to experience?

She'd wander down the streets, caught in thought for a moment.

"...Sorry, I thought of another cycle now. One where life went beyond what it should have, and changed things for the worse. Sometimes when there is silence, I think of those times, and you mentioning how there would be less in the forest...

*sigh* But I don't want to bring the mood down. I'm sorry for that, my friend. Have you any preference as to where we should go now? It seems to be a street, focused on accessories for the body and homes of the equines."

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-01-08 at 1:08 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

That didn't mean she was above subtle threatening though, as she cracked her knuckles while giving a side-glance towards the creatures' general direction, what made this special though, was the fact that Chega was still holding tight on her arm, and did not let go, so Sear ended up lifting the kobold in the air with one hand while she did it, and the love stricken Chega looked like she could explode from the amount of delight she felt. Sheska and Trox held chuckles in as they watched their friend, her joy made them happy too.

Onache actually had a smile on her face too as she saw this. It did not last long, before she put the facade back up again. But there were a few seconds of her having a more warm, delighted look on her face.

As mentioned, she did not meddle in true love, and in fact, adored seeing it. It wasn't something realistic for her kin, nor were it something she actively sought out, but it were a weakness of hers when she saw it. To a point where she had actively let some go, when her hive had taken over towns, to get hold of new victims, if she saw them proving true, mutual love for one another. A rising crush, or tolerance, were not what she sought though. It had to be so warm, that it was almost burning. Like it were for these two.

Had she planned on taking over this town, they would've had their mind altered, and been let go. Which were a compliment, that she had found were not seen as kindly as it were meant. So it stayed with her. Though she'd have to get used to this feeling eventually. The harsh lands her hive had been in, where most were together for survival and tradition, did not leave much room for true love. Equestria though, had it far more frequently. Though these two, were the first that she had met thus far, that she could say had that spark so brightly, it nearly (metaphorically) blinded her.

On 2022-01-08 at 1:08 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Sear was the one to answer the question, as Chega took a moment to gather her thoughts after such a great experience, it wasn't hard to tell that Sear's strength was something the kobold adored. "There isn't any specific reason, we travel around in and outside Equestria, Ponyville just was next on the list." "Next we'll head up north and turn around to head west." as Chega pressed herself even closer to Sear, she wrapped her tail partly around Chega's, she would have put her arm around her, but Chega was still holding on it. "When will you leave?" Sear shrugged "When we feel like it." 

"Before coming here, I lived as a nomad. It is not a lifestyle for all, but it has its charm, to go where the mood strikes. Not a life many finds fitting, but I can respect that you living it. Far too many ignores the call in their being, when it draws them to leave stability, for the great unknown.

In your travels, have you ever been to the Pearl Dunes? A pale desert, where the dunes have claimed so many over the years, that it does not take long to find a bleached bone, poking out from the sand. It is out to the west. If you have not, I would suggest you avoid it. There are water to be found, but the locals are... Suspicious and difficult. Music does not sway them to ones side all that easily."

That were where she came from. And frankly, they had their reasons to be suspicious. Her hive had been there after all, causing them to have to be, to not get taken one by one. Hmph. Fools never understood she never wanted to eradicate them. She needed them to thrive after all, or there would be no food for her hive. Taking them all would be outright self-destructive.

==========================================================================

@Kujamih @Loud Opinion

Shark would make sure that none of them escaped. Including the ones who tried to run off, as she chased them down. What happened with them, were hard to say, but the gurgling sounds, and yelps, told quite a story. As did it when she came back, licking her lips, and shaking her mane once more for a few frog pieces.

"Frog is bad. Creator make me, to hunt frog. I remove them, then she happy, yes? So she not send me back?"

She'd scratch her mane, and get a stuck bone dislodged, that'd scurry across the ground. It was pretty grim looking around. Just like Light said, though Shark saw it only as a compliment. She was a predator after all. Saying she were vicious, were like saying one focused on their looks, were pretty. Or complimenting the genius, of a smart one.

By equine standards, she were also on the prettier side, but she didn't really think on that at all. It just happened naturally. Had she a say, her mane would likely be far smaller, so she didn't get it stuck on anything, but she had been made this way, and liked having hair. So she didn't mind having this soft layer on her head and rump.

Her ear perked when she heard a larger gurgling sound from deeper into the forest, and looked over towards Light, with a big, sharp grin on her soft face.

"I hear big frog! They make small ones. We hunt frog, we do good. You are good hunter, friend. Want to join? We get other friend to safe place, then hunt frogs. All bad frogs, all gone. Is okay they go. I hunt other things too. Fish is yummy. Other frogs sometime. Small. Very weak. Still yum yum."

Limbo were not good in the fight, so if they could get her to safety, it were a good time to hunt, for the two hunters. She'd even share the food with Light, though she didn't think he'd like it. Ponies did not seem to eat meat, but this one had blades in his hooves. Maybe he were different? Great hunter for sure. That was nice seeing.

==========================================================

@Starforce

Soul would be walking back this time, rather than wandering in shadows, but it were easy to tell he were not happy with it. Primarily, because others avoided him, like he were a shark in a flock of salmon. Every time he went nearer, they'd part away, and he'd grumblingly keep moving forward.

Magnolia were lucky her affiliation with shadows, wasn't so viewable, as he were. Whereas she could get by, looking like a beautiful pony, ,he could not escape the look of death that went over him. Not without wearing so much, and so heavy clothing, that it were essentially pointless. Cause then others would avoid him for being the creepy stallion in a robe and face mask. He actually couldn't win. Only his general, never judged him for how he looked, but she hadn't work for him right now. Not until he were back on top of things, so he couldn't even be around there, to feel somewhat accepted.

"Yeah yeah, we'll go see the damned."

"Did you have a nice time with uncle?"

"It was fine. Old geezer have to take better care of himself."

"Don't think I haven't tried telling him, but alas, you know how stubborn he can be."

The two exchanged a small nod, agreeing with that statement, before Dread would address the group.

"Soul will see you there safely. Don't worry about the stand, I will pack it down for you.

Hope to see you again another time. And do please behave. That goes for all of you. I don't want to hear about you three fighting one another."

"I'll do my part.

Anyway, you two. You I'm sure could travel like I do, but what about your friend here? Because I can't bring passengers."

It wasn't true. He totally could, but it was a harrowing, horrifying experience to go through, for the uninitiated. It were probably best if he avoided that. Especially since if she struggled, she might get lost there, and it'd be a whole thing trying to find her- Frankly, he didn't care about the hassle, in case Zeehva got some sort of psychological trauma from this.

=========================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 2022-01-10 at 8:42 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Why darling, you just look tres magnifique," Dawn admired, using that same accent she used when speaking to the sales ponies.  Rising nodded his own approval.  Well outside the norm from what he's seen in Harrowmark, but still sticking with esthetics that wouldn't be too far lost in that land.  Transformed with discount and soon to be disposed season collection.  "Dress sizes are always made larger off-the-shelf.  Much easier to remove and tuck than add fabric to a smaller dress,"

"Can't imagine it helping, that I'm leaner than most ponies I've seen in this town. You all seem to be rather well fed."

It could be seen as an insult, but that fact went right over her head right now. It were just sa statement to her, that the Equestrians seemed to be at good health. Not implying something else, as the dress hung loose on her. Or it did, until it were fitted by Dawn. Was it perfect? No, but it were still an impressive sight, compared to what she had before. She liked the feeling of it too. Nice and soft, compared to her more rough attire from before, which she assumed, most Equestrians saw fit only for putting in a fireplace. Dawn likely would, given half the chance.

"Don't worry about the not perfect fit. It is close enough, and what little remains, I can find a seamstress to deal with. They'll likely find it fascinating to work with such soft material as this."

Lily would observe as Dawn paid for things, once more showing off her skills with making smaller spaces, hold far more than they should be able, when viewed from the outside. One day, when Lily were giving some edited literature to Dawn, she should remember to ask about this. She'd frankly like being able to do at least a few of these herself. It would make caring for the books she had to now, a fair bit simpler.

As the clerk would leave, Lily would say farewell herself, though she imagined the mare did not much care for her. A few things as to why came to mind, but the words she had, when going through the suits for Rising, came to mind as being perhaps too much for her.

On 2022-01-10 at 8:42 AM, Rising Dusk said:

Putting the coin purse back into her jacket pocket she then removed the royal invitation Minty had delivered to them earlier.  Floating the scroll over to her brother.  "You have an appointment to keep dear brother.  Let's not have you late," she smiled.  Rising grabbed the scroll from Dawn rainbow aura.  "Don't worry, I'll take care of Lily until the portal opens," Dawn got out as she knew the question was already coming.  "Give me a lift?" Rising asked, but he could already see the rainbow tapestry being woven.  "Bye bye," she waved a hoof at her brother and he was gone in a rainbow flash of light.  

Dawn sighed, taxing with all the spellcasting today.  Always crazy when her brother was around.  "Tick tock... Ready?" she asked the newly dressed Earth Pony.

To Rising though, Lily hadn't a word to say. She'd let the moment be, between the siblings in peace, and merely just bow at Rising, before he were transported. He had much to do, and who knew how long time to do so in now. Here was hoping he could do so in time.

"Let's see. We're dressed for the occasion, your mother have been informed, and will likely prepare your father then. The princesses are dragging him in for a briefing, so they will know soon, and Rising have been informed what to expect. I think we are somewhat ready, though we should see how far the others are by now."

She'd float the ornament up again, and present what were happening there. Which honestly, were a lot. Specifically, the scry seemed to have been set in place, rather than allowed to keep following the group, and were left in a darkened room, with very scarce lighting. What were shown, int he flicking torchlight, were a stone room, with a dust altar in the midst. From the ceiling, hung a myriad of large, leathery cocoons, pale and violet in nature. They did not seem to have any movement though, nor did anything else stir within, but it still managed to make Lily give off a bemused sound.

"Twisted always assumed they had stored some of those away somewhere, but couldn't prove it. How fortunate. The High Priestess are going to need them to initiate new priests."

A wispy, pale mist would enter the room, as the door were opened. Three ponies, wearing thick metal armor with spikes, hiding their visage entirely, would enter, with a large cauldron in tow. Once they entered, they'd open the lid of it, revealing thankfully little of what were inside, beyond a pale liquid, and the slowly descending, dried up leg of a diamond dog.

They'd leave the room immediately, and lock the door behind them, as the liquid began to give off a misty aura, spreading throughout the room. It would cover the altar, the walls, and eventually the cocoons. And one by one, they'd begin to pulse, and for some of them, show some movement.

The largest of them, sitting in the closest corner, would have the shell crack in fact, and from it, would crawl out a large, pale moth, with the markings of bones in its wing pattern. The side of a farm dog easily, that'd hang and dry off in the dry cellar, as the smell wafted around its pale antenna.

One by one, the other cocoons would start to move too, and in time, they'd all end up hatching. Could be hours though. For now, there were just the one, who'd slowly move to look towards the cauldron, before slowly opening it's mouth, revealing it to have a long, hollow tongue, and small, sharp teeth. And from it's mouth, would come out a weak, guttural shriek, as it welcomed itself into the world.

"Aaah, the majesty of life. Are they not beautiful? The sacred giant moths, thought destroyed by Twisted centuries ago. And yet, they kept some in stasis, for gods knows how long. Tricky little ones, but it is good to see they're still present. Maybe when we arrive there, they'll be done hatching and eating, and we can be allowed to see them up close? We can only hope.

Sadly though, it seems they have removed my connection, so I don't know how far along they are. But if we're stationed in this room, it must be deep inside the castle, so I can imagine they have come quite far. A few hours at best now for sure, before something stirs. Not sure why they set the vision here though, but I can imagine, they wanted to give Rising something to see, as he were waiting."

Dawn were free to gaze at the oversized insects, as long as she wanted. Including when the first one would eventually be able to flap over, and partake in its fleshy feast. Though she might not want to. It wasn't pretty, for those who didn't like that sort of thing. Though the moth would thankfully shield most of the grizzly details, when it were on the cauldron itself, and eating. A merciful angle, that likely wasn't intended to be this limiting.

If she didn't care for it though, Lily were ready to move on to whatever were next, on Dawn's agenda.

========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-01-08 at 2:55 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“That’s alright, Rosa. I’m the one who conducted the trades, and it is up to me to see that the artisans back home are repaid. I am open to suggestions on what I could give them. I’m torn between souvenirs or carving tools. There is merit in giving the folks back home something useful for their craft, but trading one good for an equivalent sounds fair.”

"Perhaps a compromise then? We can use some carving tools, to make them a carving, depicting regular Equestrian things, perhaps? I'd need a practice log to begin with, but I feel certain that we could make a souvenir with heart back at them, that would show how things are here. Or we could acquire one already carved, though we'd have to find a proper carver then. I think perhaps the tools are taking it too far, unless... Hmm... There are certain non-expensive tools, useful for the trade that one can find. Not the best cutting tools, but things such as tung oil, to soak the wood in, and giving it a nice finish, are fairly inexpensive. As would be some acrylic paint, ink, or even a large roll of sandpaper, to give the carvings a nice finish.

So not tools of their trade per se, but useful to help them in their work. A mixture perhaps, of a small thing, along with an example of Equestrian skills in the matter, like a carved horse or something. Those tend not to be hard to find fairly inexpensively either. A fair bit of options frankly, but maybe we'd be best on thinking about this for a little, and perhaps visit a show more specialized in selling the objects needed for home projects, rather than a full fledged creator, like your countrymen's shop. Though we could also ask him what things he makes use of, that would be useful. As he works with Equestrians tools, but knows what functions well where you come from, there were perhaps a professional opinion that one could get from him, yes?"

Honestly, it were likely the safest option. A longma in Equestria, who made a living off of wood carvings - even if it were in furniture - would know what would be appreciated, and not cross a line, more than they. That was his theory anyway, and it wouldn't be tested proper, before they had a chance to ask. At the very least, it couldn't hurt, right?

Also, regardless of what she said, Rosa intended to help with this. He would not take advantage of Lin's kindness. That simply wasn't okay, for someone that he thought of as a friend.

“As for your guess on the halla, I wouldn’t know where to begin. It is a creature that many have claimed to see, but one that no one could confirm. If anything, it’s more of a tale told to inspire young longma to do good and be virtuous. Not sure if that says anything about them being able to speak with us because even the harts keep their distance and don’t look like the speaking type. The longma are good with that at the moment.”

"I'm sure we can find a book on the topic at some point, or ask a deer. They may know the inner workings of those better, as they are related to one rather closely, and potentially the second, in the case of the Halla. It might be interesting for you to meet a deer actually. Most  have ideals, somewhat similar to the longma's. Albeit they are more open, and at times, makes contact with the world outside. Perhaps a fun expedition to take one of these days, when there is little to do, hmm?"

If the harts were truly tribal in nature too, and were sentient, perhaps there could come something good out of making contact with them. Potentially via another deer, or at least some indicator of how one should try. As the longma knew them, perhaps they'd make for the ideal first race to properly interact with? He needed more intel, before he could make much of a decision on this matter. Right now, all he could offer were suggestions, based on ideals. Not facts. Which wouldn't get them far.

“Lin’s got Omen’s scent, and they are similar creatures at this point with her being part Ki’Nathar. Shrimp recognizes that, making her already familiar. I… had to spend some more time with Shrimp to get him to warm up to me. Feeding, playing, and talking with her seemed to work, and it helps to be gentle. It also wouldn't hurt if we ease up on coddling him.” 

“Speaking of things that take a while, maybe we could get started on decorating? Where would you like to put the things Lin brought? I think a large wall would work nicely with the wood panels. It needs some space to give room for the whole carving.”

"So weapon myself with patience. Maybe after he have gotten used to my presence, it will help. Or I need to keep more snacks upon me. He seems perfectly eager to act nicely when he wants something."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Technically yes. If he's not given some boundaries, he may start to feel like he should get everything he wants, and will cause a ruckus when he doesn't. Boundaries are important. Though it's hard to argue for doing currently, as all he seems to want is food, water, and rest. Denying him that in his growing state, would be rather cruel. I also don't think he is able to understand much of what you'd explain him, and think he were just being punished for now. We'll have to think on it when it comes to toys and such though. Maybe begin to set up a schedule of play time and such for him... More things to consider it seems.

Now then, regarding decorating, I think a nice, broad wall, that does not stand near where one might get smoke on it, would be there, in the living room. If we hang it across the wall on the left, it would be impossible to really miss it either. Doubly so, when sitting down, as much of the furniture is pointed towards that direction.

Try and find a good angle, and I'll scrounge up a few nails we can hang these from. I'm sure there's something somewhere."

Which there were. Small toolbox in the basement, in case of minor maintenance issues. They'd find what they needed there eventually, though Rosa would check the drawers here, in the main rooms, first.

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @Blitz Boom

Light got curious to what shark just said.

"send back."

Light grew more suspicious to this draconicous motives, is it really good? what is it up to? to find out more, Light knows he must stick close to shark to find more answers and eventually meet this draconicous.

but pressing questions right now will have to wait for something's a hoof at Light's back.

it seems shark sensed a bigger frog. 

"...a bigger one? ...what was the biggest frog you've spotted shark?" light curiously asked, as he prepared himself to encounter the big frog.

light noticed that shark was worried about Limbo. but Light assured her, "no need to worry about Limbo, I'm sure she'll be just fine there. plus dealing with giant frog takes priority, right? but to keep you at ease," Light went towards Limbo and placed a black shard on top of her snout. " there! this shard will protect her from anything, trust me shark." the shard starts to shine on and off like a Christmas light. 

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia looks to Soul intently. Having more of a chance to look his appearance over - it was understandable why he acted the way he did. The way his appearance was would give no leeway for anything he said for those who were convinced that he was a bad stallion. She knew he wasn't, but his manners were something he had to work on a lot more. Magnolia though, she wasn't the most polite pony in the world. Not that she saw any reason or desire to be.

Looking to Zeehva she'd relent on her words slightly. It was clear she wasn't entirely thrilled with being away from her friend. Last time that happened she got lost in the woods for quite sometime - until Fright was able to help her on her way out. "Right. Zeehva can stay here with Dread until we get back. While I am definitely capable of traveling using my shadow form I do not utilize it that often. For as versed in this line of magic as I am, I much prefer physical contact with the ground. Unlike most unicorns, I like being in tune with my surroundings. But I digress. Let's get this over with." she spoke earnestly as she stepped forward, ready for whatever Soul were about to do.

"Well, I'm ready. Do your worst. You likely won't be able to do anything I haven't experienced before. And besides, I'm no normal goody two shoes pony." she joked dryly. 

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-01-12 at 5:44 AM, Blitz Boom said:

So not tools of their trade per se, but useful to help them in their work. A mixture perhaps, of a small thing, along with an example of Equestrian skills in the matter, like a carved horse or something. Those tend not to be hard to find fairly inexpensively either. A fair bit of options frankly, but maybe we'd be best on thinking about this for a little, and perhaps visit a show more specialized in selling the objects needed for home projects, rather than a full fledged creator, like your countrymen's shop. Though we could also ask him what things he makes use of, that would be useful. As he works with Equestrians tools, but knows what functions well where you come from, there were perhaps a professional opinion that one could get from him, yes?"

“Hmm… asking some of the artisans back home about what they need may be a better approach. We don’t use bits back home, and trades are always based on what one is willing to give, as long as whatever is given will fulfill a need. Something like food for goods, and the folks back home have to eat, but things that can help their craft would suffice. I’m just worried about how others back home would react if what we gave in return would give an unfair advantage against other artisans.” 

Foraging for food was a skill learned by every longma, but some would be better at it than others. In the same vein, some would be better carvers and builders, but they would need to eat as well. Trading for food was a viable option, but how much one could get from a trade would boil down to how much of a necessity one’s services would be. Artisans would double as an equivalent to Equestrian carpenters, and there was enough horizontal skill application that they could thrive doing either. The difference would now lie in which aspect of the craft one specialized in. However, as Rosa put it, asking may be what’s best. 

As for what he said about the deer, it sounded like the thing that could help the longma fill the gaps in their knowledge of the harts roaming their forest, albeit in an indirect manner. They’d still have to approach a hart back home to learn more, but the deer have had contact with Equestria. That could provide a foothold into something more tangible down the line. It might also give Lin something more to do once things settled. Perhaps all of that time spent learning could be put to good use. 

For now, it was time to decorate. A good spot for the carved panels would need exposure, a spot that no one would miss. The living room could be a good spot, and visitors will definitely take notice. The far wall with the the couches all facing some empty space will work. 

“Let’s see. We ought to place the panels with some space between them. It’s a four-piece set that fits like a puzzle. Two on the sides with a central panel forming the basic shape. Then, we can put the central circle piece by letting it hang with some nails. It won’t be as heavy as the other panels, but nail placement might be tricky.” 

“How about we prop these up against the wall first and see how we’d place the nails first? If we can tell how the center piece will look, we can arrange the remaining pieces around it.” 

(the carved wood panels look something like this, though try imagining the center being a separate piece)

5857e3a9be66ee3a607ea7c83baec97f.jpeg

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Kujamih @Loud Opinion

On 2022-01-11 at 11:54 PM, Kujamih said:

"...a bigger one? ...what was the biggest frog you've spotted shark?" light curiously asked, as he prepared himself to encounter the big frog.

Shark would flutter up, about three meters, and hold her hoof out.

"This big. Had many frog in back. H-aaatch-iiiing... Hatching? Yes, hatching in back."

That particular kind of toad - she were simple, she didn't know better - were a nasty one to have mutated and made into a predator. Kept its young in pouches on its back, until they were ready to burst out. Gross to several, and this larger version, were not going to help there.

"Hunted many frog. But not big frog. Strange one took it."

It had done quite a good attempt at dealing some real damage in Ponyville, but Anomaly had taken it away, whilst Shark stayed back and handled the offspring. Seemed like the situation hadn't been solved though, as evident by the sounds coming from further in.

"This one, less sound. Still big. Must hunt it."

On 2022-01-11 at 11:54 PM, Kujamih said:

light noticed that shark was worried about Limbo. but Light assured her, "no need to worry about Limbo, I'm sure she'll be just fine there. plus dealing with giant frog takes priority, right? but to keep you at ease," Light went towards Limbo and placed a black shard on top of her snout. " there! this shard will protect her from anything, trust me shark." the shard starts to shine on and off like a Christmas light. 

"Friend safe? Then okay, we hunt! Stay safe friend. We come back."

With that, she'd flutter off towards the sound, with light likely closely by.

The wave they had faced before, were just the first. There'd be two more, before eventually, they'd get to a clearing, where a two and a half meter monstrosity, of a goblin frog (adopting that name for them), stood tall over them, and glaring down with hateful eyes. The back on the creature bubbled, and a dozen more goblin frogs emerged, crawling out, and landing with a moist splatter of goo, on the ground. Hissing and eyeing the two predators. They were all, wanting to feast upon them. And after a brief moment, the larger one would let out a gurgling roar, and the attack would begin.

==============================================================

@Kujamih @Windy Breeze @Starlight

Blitz, Molotov, and Puff, hadn't the foggiest what were happening right now. But if Cali said this here were a bad situation, then fine. They'd follow. Or well, to be exact, Molotov would grab Blitz with his horn, and drag her through, as he jumped in. Puff would follow straight after, as of her masters, he was the only one she could see now, and figured she should follow. Individualism tended to come later, in their kind, though it varied. Hammond had gotten out and about within a few days of his creation.

Funny really, how it went. For thousands of years, it had been only Omen that were here, of her kind. Now there were two more, within the span of a week. How many more, and in what variants, weren't gonna be made over the next years? Not to speak of them spawning younglings of their own? Interesting questions, but for now, this were about an escape. And if Molotov had to yoink in the last ones here too, he'd darn well do it. Weren't good to leave folks behind.

===============================================================

@Starlight

"I d-don't like that idea. What if he's dangerous?"

"I am. Doesn't mean I'm looking to hurt Her."

"Everypony, behave now. Zeehva? My cousin will take good care of her. If you do not trust him, then try and trust in me, okay? Besides, now you have a bit of time to work on your potions, while they go and handle the meeting with Alluria. Although-"

"I'll have Horizon pencil in a time for her, and let you know when the dome is ready."

"Thank you. Now then, be at ease you two, and-"

She were interrupted again, yet this time by Zeehva, who'd suddenly dive behind the counter, and throw up a little.

"Oh dear. Are you okay?"

"I'm f-fine. I'm fine. It's just... I think it's j-just the stress. Been like this for months. I just need a remedy. Just uhm... I'll be f-fine."

Dread seemed to contemplate something, but would look away, as Zeehva got back on her hooves, and withdrew a small pouch from her bag. It had a dried powder, that she had to mix in water. And then she had to clean up after herself. There were things for her to do here.

"Well, seems like things are okay here. Let's go then."

Soul would dive into the shadows, once Magnolia were ready, and begin traversing the darkened landscapes, of this semi-plane. Varied layers to it, but he usually went for the deeper layers on longer travels like this, to faster get to his destination. Which normally, were a few hours of trains and walking from here, but they'd be able to get there in 10 minutes time, if they focused.

As for where he'd go out? The outskirts of a town, where the buildings were not made of stone, but were carved into the trees, in ways still allowing the large trees to stay alive. It seemed some cleaning work were happening, but overall, the town were empty, at this current point in time.

Looking around, it were a nice, natural home. Only things really standing out, were the floating pieces of carved out, wooden tablets, here and there, rather large in size, that glowed with pale runes.

"The Moonlit Thicket. It's close enough to home, without setting off wards. We'll walk from here."

====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

15 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Hmm… asking some of the artisans back home about what they need may be a better approach. We don’t use bits back home, and trades are always based on what one is willing to give, as long as whatever is given will fulfill a need. Something like food for goods, and the folks back home have to eat, but things that can help their craft would suffice. I’m just worried about how others back home would react if what we gave in return would give an unfair advantage against other artisans.” 

"Varnish isn't really an unfair advantage. It is an accessory, to make things more pleasing to look at. A finite resource. But if it attracts some kind of interest however, are there not something good to be found then? imagine then, that there'd be a interest in outside materials. Something which you could trade with, and would give them a view on items from the outside, and how there's some use to them.

In any case, asking them, or Uddo, is likely the best way. I'd still suggest Uddo. He's an artisan, who knows both sides. Surely he'd have some insight into this, if not a solution. Not too many hours left until we are to meet up with him, but there's time to ponder."

It were a delicate, balancing act they were going to need to think about here. What were good, what were bad? What would cause imbalance, and what would simply be seen as being too little to matter? Questions upon questions, and not an easy answer in sight. Neither Rosa, nor the siblings, were likely wrong here. But the best course of action, would require more information, before they could settle on something concrete.

That were for later though, as had been pointed out. They'd need information, and likely from Uddo. So right now, they could check up on the decorations.

15 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Let’s see. We ought to place the panels with some space between them. It’s a four-piece set that fits like a puzzle. Two on the sides with a central panel forming the basic shape. Then, we can put the central circle piece by letting it hang with some nails. It won’t be as heavy as the other panels, but nail placement might be tricky.” 

“How about we prop these up against the wall first and see how we’d place the nails first? If we can tell how the center piece will look, we can arrange the remaining pieces around it.” 

(the carved wood panels look something like this, though try imagining the center being a separate piece)

As requested, Rosa would come over to them, and wait with finding the toolbox for now. Omen kept looking however. She were not one who understood decorating a lot, and as she had heard they needed nails, she thought she'd perhaps do better, by finding that. Which for now, brought her to finding the door to the basement, and then have a walk down into the dark below.

"A fine idea. I think it's fairly simple though. They should be... Here. Centered as best as possible, but without standing in a corner. If I at some point get any kind of entertainment pleasers then, such as games, it can be placed in this general area too, so it can continue to be admired. If we get the central pieces first, the nail part shouldn't be hard, as we're then placing the others around it. Still, we should be careful. It would be a great shame to have such lovely pieces ruined."

He were mapping out where on the wall to have things for a moment, then went over and grabbed hold of the central pieces, and pressed them u. A bit of leeway between, but that seemed like a design intend. One he found rather pleasing, to be honest. It gave it a somewhat artsy style.

"So something like this, and then have the others around. Thoughts?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze

as Molotov, Blitz, and puff went through Cali's portal, a sigh of relief came out of her mouth... 

" wait..." she looks around to check if they're missing someone. Cali franticly searches the area while struggling to hold the portal up.

" urgghhh..." she looks back at the group who has already entered the portal. " Molotov!... Blitz!... is that everyone?.... I can't hold the portal any longer... I think we are missing some pony? I need a head count!" she questioned herself.

@Blitz Boom, @Loud Opinion

" uh that's a big one.... have you killed one of those before." Light worries for shark.

as the stare down concluded, the goblin frog took the initiative and charged towards Light and Shark.

Light assumed that killing off the biggest goblin would force the rest to flee, so he charged towards the big guy. he did some summersaults to evade some of the goblin frogs to get to the big one. as he gets near, he released a mean flying kick towards the big one.

"watchaaa!?" 

Edited by Kujamih

@Sekel & @Blitz Boom

The young drake, slighter and much slenderer of frame then Benny was, stood sitting back and much upright on the threshold of the doorway to let his hands up for much more animated gestures then was usually noticed in dragons. Benny could probably be a very good judge of the sort of "Pride" the older generations had when trying to interact with more modern non-dragons. If a dragon didn't like you, it was a lower simmer, and very up front about it, and quickly. Kaltrops, while he often sounded more taunting, came across as a lighter kind of more modern, cultured antagonistic. Like the popular mares in school or those snotty Canterlot elites that had ideas about their heritage to someone important, yet no actual proof they could present. As if a light, but sharp smack would illicit just pouting and then that'd be it. Kaltrops here had a flighty air of what He, specifically, thought a dragon should be. An inflated opinion of himself too easily stretched in an attempt avoid thinking about his small points of sadness.

"An electric-type? Hah. If I may point out to you, what would you know about the skies, Groundbound? 

Fighting is much more than just taking turns to fire off attacks, as I'm sure our "Gooard" friend here can attest. It's just as much about Dodging as well! I have spent my life soaring through clouds, flying with flocks of birds.... eating the stray one. Nothing beats eating while on the wing. It's about flying with the force, even letting your opponent knock themselves out from their own recoil as you get behind them. Being IN the air is much different than just shooting skyfire. Mobility, placement, awareness... 

Why! My Mare here is quite the flyer!" He gestured proudly towards Dawn Streak behind him. "She's far capable. Could probably hit you several times while you try and charge up your little lightshow. 

It's not just a show of pow-..." He halted for a second, noticing a different part of the preceding part of the conversation. He turned to nod at Benny.

"O-oh? Fire, you said? Y-y-you're p-pretty calm for a fire dragon. Would have thought you more the cool headed and watery sort."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Blitz Boom

"Really? That's one among many stories us kirin tell! Of one particularly angered squirrel that took down the biggest Dragonlord ever just for burning down his tree! That channeling your energies, using what skills you do have and the wisdom to know where & when to strike can move mountains!

I, uh-... but as for my family." Whett Kindle fidgeted where he sat. "I dunno, a guy kinda... loses faith after so many attempts at trying to be around some. I guess one could, like the story, take some time to plan a way around.... confronting some personalities you meet."

Beyond that, what are you here to learn, if I can ask, sir? Ponyville isn't a large, advanced place. Are you here to see the princess perhaps? I've heard others come for that reason."

"But that's what i'm here for! I'm just out exploring! Seeing the amazing possiblities of what Nature can provide! Find a nice, comfy, pretty Glade to rest & meditate in! ....see what its like inside those buildings you ponies have! For some reason, ponies start sweating whenever i'm IN a place.

....What's a Princess? I know we had a Queen, but I don't know nothing about your leaders."

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-01-14 at 12:38 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Varnish isn't really an unfair advantage. It is an accessory, to make things more pleasing to look at. A finite resource. But if it attracts some kind of interest however, are there not something good to be found then? imagine then, that there'd be a interest in outside materials. Something which you could trade with, and would give them a view on items from the outside, and how there's some use to them.

In any case, asking them, or Uddo, is likely the best way. I'd still suggest Uddo. He's an artisan, who knows both sides. Surely he'd have some insight into this, if not a solution. Not too many hours left until we are to meet up with him, but there's time to ponder."

“Asking the folks at home may be the better option. Uddo… I don’t know. Asking him for his opinion isn’t out of the question, but he left home for a reason. I suspect he wasn’t happy about what happened, and he thought voluntary exile was a preferable alternative to staying. I’ll be the one to ask, but if this is something we want to know more about, we have to be careful.” 

Lin had an inkling about what could’ve caused her uncle to leave home. He didn’t say it outright when she and Sen spoke with him at the shop, but keeping their family history in mind would suggest some likely explanations. Regardless of the reason, it was still a difficult topic to approach, so careful navigation through questions was their best option. Even then, dropping the conversation entirely is also possible, especially when they could piece the rest together. 

Speaking of piecing things together, Sen moved the wooden panels to the nearby wall and arranged them according to how they’d look once they’re up. The left and right panels stayed on the ground, though there was enough of the lotus leaves jutting from the side to know which side went where. The center piece held up by Rosa was just right, in the middle of the wall where the other panels could go around it.

“That looks good. We can get the piece positioned in a way where the petals form a cross shape. They’ll line up nicely with the larger center panel, and the rest can go up after.”

“I guess we have our plan. Now we just need some tools. We have the tools for a job like this, right?”