Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Light would then starts coughing blood once more. "blaurgh!!.. cough, cough! not again..." he would then faint and lie motionless Infront of shark and anomaly.

mean while at Cali's side. 

she can be seen beside another white stallion that she has just stabbed.

"rest now my friend, soon I shall set you free..." Cali twisted the blade that she used to stab the other Light, and pulling it off. Light faded to nothing and a cracked shard appears Infront of Cali.

she quickly slashed the shard and turns it  into dust.

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia silently took in what Soul had spoken of. Such things many others would consider fairy tales but it was clear that they were real. Real just as everything else was in the world, or perhaps even more real because they dwell beyond the boundaries of life and death itself. Whatever the case may be, she definitely understood what Soul had spoken of Mourner's Puppet. When the minotaur had shown himself she'd end up shaking his hand without hesitation. The look on Magnolia's eyes and the way her posture was enough to show that she was no average mare.

"I am Moonlight Sparkle. The older sister of Twilight Sparkle. I am here to have my heritage confirmed so that others may believe me, and so I may find guidance on re-uniting with my family after all these years. I understand the situation with Puppet, it is not anything I am used to but it is something that I am prepared to deal with in order to speak to my ancestor, Alluria Sparkle. I heard she was somewhere around here. I don't know where exactly but it seems it's up to Soul to lead me to her or find me someone who can." she then looked into his eyes and would speak, regardless of the minotaur's presence.

"Perhaps if you don't feel yourself being respected - You should do something that earns respect from others." 

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-01-28 at 1:57 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"If it's a slam dunk case, the defender is mostly there to just try and make the sentencing reasonable, and in most cases, help set up the rehabilitation program. But in many cases, there is a certain degree of uncertainty, when it comes to these kinds of things. A defender's argument, in the case of someone coming up to be judged for alleged crimes, is to argue that there is not enough evidence, to prove they did something. The prosecutors job, is to convince them that the evidence is substantial enough, to prove guilt. Some from either side, are less than honorable in their methods, but overall, there is often someone willing to try and have it argued, if there is truly no doubt about guilt. It helps avoiding some being judged rashly, from accusers who jumped the gun, so to speak, and want someone punished that does not deserve it.

The lack of paperwork is likely envied by your system, but for those judged unfairly, with no way back, I'd argue there are problems with you not having a kind of appeals court. I can imagine it would have saved some, from unreasonable harshness."

“I guess what you say sounds good, and it helps knowing there’s someone in this system who aims to keep the verdict reasonable. Things have been done the way they were for so long that it’s difficult to see how they could be different. Maybe if I could see a trial the way you described it might make it more understandable.”

With their everyone getting about with their decorating, Sen found himself admiring the oddly simple design of the hallway. Having put the willow tree figurine up a low shelf was his way of gauging whether it would be a good place for it. If it was visible at certain angles, would be better to see it regardless of the direction one came from. Of course, he’d start pacing back and forth along the hallway to get a good view of the figurine regardless of where he stood. He’d keep it close to the edge, though far enough back that it wouldn’t get knocked off by accident. 

Lin, however, had already found the perfect spot for her wooden bird figurine. The centerpiece of the table where it will never be overlooked was just right, but so was the kitchen counter. Or the windowsill. No, it’s got to be the table. Once done, she’d stop by the pots and pans to see them up close. There were nothing like them back home, and all of these were meant for cooking? A fire pit might be better, but only a little bit. That’ll be in the living room instead, and everyone would gather to cook a meal there. 

With her examining everything around, she was bound to see something rather odd. A large box with nothing in it, even with racks along the inside of this object. The fridge looked new, but it didn’t have much going for it when its not running. Then again, Lin wouldn’t know much about the odd things in the kitchen and left them as they were before heading off to find Rosa.

“Rosa? This is a lot of stuff for a room you’d eat in. Are all of these tools necessary for preparing food?” The longma called, as she had a look around the house to take in its designs and layout. The simplicity of the place in its current state was welcoming, though she couldn’t imagine what all this space would be used for. 

Her brother, meanwhile, would do some more exploring and found Omen in the toilet with her figurine. In all honestly, it was an odd choice with some kind of logic behind it. What that logic is was lost to the longma.

“Umm, Omen? Looks like you made an inspired choice for this room. I guess Rosa wouldn’t overlook a decorated toilet. I wanted to ask you something. Before we met, did you ever stay in a house like this?" 

@Blitz Boom
Goal one of a successful cult, make the members believe it's not a cult, Ruby did't say it out loud, but her expression didn't hide the fact that Marley's statement about dignity didn't convince her that it wasn't a cult. She glanced over the picture, not showing any real reaction to it, it was an interesting reveal sure, but she wasn't particularly impressed, she wasn't impressed by physical shape of creatures, and didn't care for art enough to appreciate the skill of the drawing, especially not coming from a highly magical being, who, as she saw it, could have just created the drawing from nothing using a spell rather than actually drawing it. 

"I honestly prefer this look." She stated, pointing at the paper "Seems like the kind of cult I'd start." "But sure, deal, whatever, it's not like I'd gain much from not doing that." "Though what are we gonna do with your wagon?" she hadn't actually paid attention where he had left it, so she wasn't fully sure if it was here with them or if it had gone with the train, but it was a valid question regardless. 

-----------------------------------------
"No need to worry, it won't leave my side." Scarecrow assured, meaning it lot more literally than Honey Dew could even guess "And I don't know this 'Jaw' either, though it should be mentioned that I am suffering from a serious memory loss, so that doesn't necessarily mean I have never met him." he did know he had never met an Evergrown or a second dryad in his current existence, so  the last part was a lie, but he figured it sold the story of evergrown who has lost his memory better to acknowledge the potential. "Can I inquire about the specifics what do you mean the bees didn't like him? Just out of curiosity, do you mean they were hostile, or that they avoided him?" he wasn't really fully sure why he even cared, but maybe it was just in case they'd meet him, the simpler creatures like bees usually had a good sense about threats, so it could be useful to know which kind of threat he was to them. 

------------------------------------------------------

"I can answer the first part." Chega said, she didn't seem bothered by Onache's first statement, hinting that maybe death wasn't as sensitive topic for her, and it really wasn't, while there obviously was grief, death wasn't as big of a deal in the community as it was for many other species, sure they tried to avoid it, but it was part of life, and their culture was such that they didn't believe in getting stuck in the past. Part of the reason why it was like that was because they didn't really have room or soft ground for graves, so instead bodies were made useful in any way they could, and what couldn't be used was destroyed. Sure some of them didn't take it as well as others, since they all were individuals, but the general idea was that death was not sacred, and while general decency was expected, a statement like Onache's was not in any way a negative one, in fact, it was quite a pleasant statement, as it was optimistic and forward looking. Sear got slightly thoughtful from it, but due to a different part of the statement, as she got curious of what exactly Onache had heard up until this point.

"The accident and loss of their parents certainly pushed both of them study harder, and Trox did make few things to help himself to walk better pretty quickly, but the interest was always there, since they were young they have shown it, Sheska has always been one to take care of hurt things, from toys to small animals, heh, I can't even count how many times she took care of my imaginary injuries, and Trox liked to break apart and rebuild his toys, combining them and reshaping them, and as he grew older, he moved to tools and other more complicated things." The siblings looked at each other, this again was eerily similar to them. 

"For the latter, while I'd be happy to share all I know with my other self, even ignoring that it would be a challenge to find him in the first place, our knowledge may not fit together." "What I mean is that while we both are tinkerers from sound of it, the materials and knowledge we have access to are different, so while I could tell him exactly how to make something like this..." he moved his cybernetic arm "...it wouldn't necessarily be useful for partly injured kobold living in a cave." "Meanwhile he may be able to do something from simple materials that is far beyond my capabilities."  "Though it would be fun to meet myself, and while I don't know much about multidimensional travel, I don't believe much would happen besides great amounts of confusion, mainly because there hasn't been signs to imply such, I believe there would be a higher risk of something like that if we were from the same timeline too, which doesn't seem to be the case."  at this point Chega an Sear got bit confused, they may have been surprisingly okay with the idea of clones from other dimensions, but when starting to think about timelines and such, it went over their heads, not that Sheska and Trox fully understood the concept either, but with their world being lot more scientific in nature, thinking about things like time travel and dimensions was lost smaller leap in logic for them.

Chega cut in, wanting to change the topic to something she'd understand "As it seems there's....similarities between you and the Sheska and Trox I grew up with, could you tell your side of the story? Your leg and arm, your parents...?" the scars didn't even visit Chega's mind, so there would be no need for Onache to do anything, not that it would necessarily be as easy as with average creatures, since Chega's thoughts didn't really match her words, bouncing around unpredictably from topic to topic in her head. The siblings also were perfectly fine with this topic, as evidenced by the fact that they had already talked about Trox losing his limbs before. "Well, our expertise's are the same, Sheska is a healer and I'm a tinkerer, we've been learning them as long as we can remember, and while we do have passion for them, our deeper study of them started from the simple fact that they are useful skills to have." "Our parents are presumably dead too." "Presumably?" "They were taken by our version of the night guard, death is the best outcome." Chega and Sear were curious, but didn't ask for details "I lost my limbs in a battle." "Lost?" "Lost, not sure if they were blown up or ripped off, lost consciousness pretty quickly." the casual way he said it almost horrified Chega, Sear was mostly just empathetic "And that's about it." 

@Blitz Boom

Dawn wasn't expecting to get a Harrowmark history lesson over her jest to the urge of pillaging caused by the longhouse.  Really that had become par for the course when it came to Lily.  The older mare was a fountain of knowledge and her historical insight would make her an amazing storyteller.  A good pony to know for sure to help keep that cultural bridge built and the hoofs of visitors firmly in place and out of trouble.  "I'm sure I can contain the urges," the mare assured the witch of the wilds with a smirk.

"Suit yourself," Dawn shrugged and let the mare examine the artistry of the vanity.  The brush tucked along her mane to stretch the midnight blue hairs out.  With a release the mane sprung back to shaped into a long elegant curl.  Simple flourishes along her bangs developed a neat frock.  "I acquired it not long ago from an acquaintance well versed in antiques.  Sadly I don't have a riveting story to tell.  I didn't ask about it's history.  Just thought it looked neat," Dawn admitted.  The carvings likely told one from Equestria's ancient past.

The brush sat itself back on the vanity top and the rest of the make up came to life.  Blush, lipstick, mascara, shadows and creams began to pamper the mare.  Her cheeks were highlighted, her eyelids were darkened by a dark blue gradient to contrast her sunset coat.  Powders patted her face and an eyelash curler matted her eyelashes to give them a brilliant shine and curl.  Like an elegant piece of art Dawn was slowly transformed before the mirror to look her best for the coming hours. 

In-between applications of applying make up, she'd turn her attention to the witch's inquiry.  Time to return to business.  "When the time is right, we'll work through couriers.  When we part ways, I'll leave you with an address to deliver letters through that will reach me and bypass the O.M.I.  From there I will send various ponies your way to collect the books.  On my end they will be shuffled around before making their way to me.  Worry not for the courier when handling the more dangerous books.  I'll be sending them with a special box to contain the books until it arrives to me and can be better secured.  The less magic we use to secure these books, the less likely my brother can get involved.  Acting quickly will also be ideal before rules and laws about trade and travel become restrictive from our two governments."

@Catpone Cerberus

Marley gave a hollow chuckle, at the mention of it being a cult. Followed shortly after, by him shaking his head apathetically.

"Were it only as simple as a cult...

As for the wagon, it is paid for until you reach town, then it will be off loaded, and can be stored at the station for some hours. More than enough for her to either get it herself, or send someone for it."

Ashta would put her hood firmly back on again, and start to wonder slowly towards the right side of the tracks.

"Seems it's time. Though fret not. I'll return at some point. Can't leave my three most adoring fans, without the privilege of gazing upon me forever now, can I?"

Leviathan would breathe frozen air into his face by that comment, but the slightly chilled experience didn't change a thing. It were still well worth it, from his perspective.

If there were nothing more, Marley would spread his wings, and follow Ashta, as she jumped gracefully through the air, headed towards the east. They had a ways to travel, if they were to get all the way to Neighpon.

"Well then. That was confusing, bizarre, and kind of odd. Guess we can get a fair bit of pocket change for just telling his boss that her bird left the nest, and the cart shouldn't be too big of a bother. It wasn't on this part of the train. We'll probably have to catch up to that one though. The ponies will sort this out for themselves.

You want to fly on your own behalf, Ruby, or do you need a lift, to keep up appearances? Isn't anyone near here, so it'd be safe, if you wanted to drop the costume for a bit."

===============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-01-30 at 12:47 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"No need to worry, it won't leave my side." Scarecrow assured, meaning it lot more literally than Honey Dew could even guess "And I don't know this 'Jaw' either, though it should be mentioned that I am suffering from a serious memory loss, so that doesn't necessarily mean I have never met him."

"Memory loss? Ah, so you uhm... Yes, like Blitz then. A shame to hear that for you, sir."

"Oh? You know Blitz?"

"In Ponyville, it's hard not to. No offense to her, but she is... Infamous. To some, I guess. I just think she needed some patience and understanding, and she'd be fine. Had her briefly at the orphanage, before she were transferred to Canterlot. They insisted. Not sure why, but ergh, she returned. Kept to her own place, and we couldn't force her to stay. I hope she's better now, with her brother. Not a lot of orphans are so lucky, that family are willing to take them in, after..."

Honey looked away, caught in a sad thought for a moment, before returning to the talk at hoof once more. He just needed a moment.

"But yes, she is known. Important part of it."

"She told me of her memories. It is a shame, yet it were heart warming that she did not feel down from the lack of memories, but uplifted about potential. She helped open my eyes in a few ways."

"Can I inquire about the specifics what do you mean the bees didn't like him? Just out of curiosity, do you mean they were hostile, or that they avoided him?" he wasn't really fully sure why he even cared, but maybe it was just in case they'd meet him, the simpler creatures like bees usually had a good sense about threats, so it could be useful to know which kind of threat he was to them. 

"The bees, and him... Yes, he said it was because he was a carnivore. Fish and insects. I think they could tell. He was understanding about it, and didn't linger too long. The bees aren't hostile. You don't have anything to fear. I think. Unless you have allergies? Or some sort of special pollen on you."

"So there are Evergrown who eats meat too? My, what things one learns sometimes."

Speaking of pollen, Lyriel would stand still, as some bees came over and harvested pollen from the flowers growing upon her body. An action she took with her usual, warm smile. Blessed be their harvest.

=========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"The accident and loss of their parents certainly pushed both of them study harder, and Trox did make few things to help himself to walk better pretty quickly, but the interest was always there, since they were young they have shown it, Sheska has always been one to take care of hurt things, from toys to small animals, heh, I can't even count how many times she took care of my imaginary injuries, and Trox liked to break apart and rebuild his toys, combining them and reshaping them, and as he grew older, he moved to tools and other more complicated things." The siblings looked at each other, this again was eerily similar to them.

"So the accident were not a catalyst for their current work, but rather an accelerator? Interesting. A shame that the incidents happened at all, of course, yet I wonder how far along they had been now, had everything gone well? Maybe it would have been but another thing, that would motivate them to give it their all... But I suppose, that is baseless speculation, which is best not brought up near them. I've been told I can be... Insensitive, when inquiring at times."

SHe normally just ripped what information she wanted, straight from someone head. That was seen as rude amongst pretty much all creatures, including other changelings, who weren't much of a fan of her handywork. Up until they needed it of course, and then suddenly, she became their most favored queen, for the little time it took, for her to finish her part in things. She honestly cared little about it, most of the time, but to be on the council, she had certain obligations to fulfill, and alliances to keep. She did back then at least. Considering what she now were, she wouldn't be welcome back, so her part in such activities did not necessarily have to continue. Unless it were for her own benefit, of course.

"For the latter, while I'd be happy to share all I know with my other self, even ignoring that it would be a challenge to find him in the first place, our knowledge may not fit together." "What I mean is that while we both are tinkerers from sound of it, the materials and knowledge we have access to are different, so while I could tell him exactly how to make something like this..." he moved his cybernetic arm "...it wouldn't necessarily be useful for partly injured kobold living in a cave." "Meanwhile he may be able to do something from simple materials that is far beyond my capabilities."  "Though it would be fun to meet myself, and while I don't know much about multidimensional travel, I don't believe much would happen besides great amounts of confusion, mainly because there hasn't been signs to imply such, I believe there would be a higher risk of something like that if we were from the same timeline too, which doesn't seem to be the case."

"The knowledge might not, no. But at the same time, what if there is something you two can learn from one another? If there is no danger in the meeting itself, beyond mere confusion, I'd think you might have some things worth presenting to one another. If even as little as a tenth of it holds some degree of value - be it technology, or life lessons, learned the hard way - it could be well worth it. Remember that information is, and always will be, the most powerful thing, that one can own. The more you know, the better you are at preparing for problems, or surpass them entirely."

There were also a lot you could gain from information, when it came to power. Some things that could make entire systems crumble beneath the hooves of others, or causer revolts. Mere scraps, that could ruin countless lives, with barely a whisper needed. It were intoxicating, though sadly, Onache were not the queen who embraced that the best. She were but a small fish in that pond, and the great sharks below, always circled her kind, in case they got... Troublesome.

Chega cut in, wanting to change the topic to something she'd understand "As it seems there's....similarities between you and the Sheska and Trox I grew up with, could you tell your side of the story? Your leg and arm, your parents...?" the scars didn't even visit Chega's mind, so there would be no need for Onache to do anything, not that it would necessarily be as easy as with average creatures, since Chega's thoughts didn't really match her words, bouncing around unpredictably from topic to topic in her head. The siblings also were perfectly fine with this topic, as evidenced by the fact that they had already talked about Trox losing his limbs before. "Well, our expertise's are the same, Sheska is a healer and I'm a tinkerer, we've been learning them as long as we can remember, and while we do have passion for them, our deeper study of them started from the simple fact that they are useful skills to have." "Our parents are presumably dead too." "Presumably?" "They were taken by our version of the night guard, death is the best outcome." Chega and Sear were curious, but didn't ask for details "I lost my limbs in a battle." "Lost?" "Lost, not sure if they were blown up or ripped off, lost consciousness pretty quickly." the casual way he said it almost horrified Chega, Sear was mostly just empathetic "And that's about it." 

"As said, there is not much I have heard until now, of good things. I were unaware kobolds even were a race before these two appeared within my domain, and the things they speak about, from their reality, sounds generally abysmal. Or positive, in a somewhat disturbing kind of way. Things from the perspective of this worlds Trox and Sheska, and kobolds as a whole, are sounding better than that. By quite a margin."

She would not personally divulge what she had heard, of how kobolds were treated in that other world. It didn't seem to be hers to talk about, and would serve no real purpose to bring up here. Best to leave that disturbing reality where it were, and then hope it stayed there. Although there had already been several beings crossing over. So far, seemingly not dangerous ones, but if the trend continued... Hmmm, yes. Some degree of caution would be wise.

"I take it that as outsiders, in several ways, Trox and Sheska might have some difficulties being allowed entrance, to meet their counterparts. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, what ways might one then garner some favor with the kobolds of our reality? For them specifically. I am assuming as a non-kobold, at best I can expect the curtsey of not being stabbed whilst being near the entrance to their domain? Or are the approach to outsiders less severe, than that of tribal deer?

I am asking purely for the sake of Trox and Sheska, mind you. It might be beneficial for them, to be more taught on kobold society in this world, and make certain connections with others."

===============================================================

@Rising Dusk

7 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Suit yourself," Dawn shrugged and let the mare examine the artistry of the vanity.  The brush tucked along her mane to stretch the midnight blue hairs out.  With a release the mane sprung back to shaped into a long elegant curl.  Simple flourishes along her bangs developed a neat frock.  "I acquired it not long ago from an acquaintance well versed in antiques.  Sadly I don't have a riveting story to tell.  I didn't ask about it's history.  Just thought it looked neat," Dawn admitted.  The carvings likely told one from Equestria's ancient past.

(ignore this part, if it is not a reference to Scarcity)

It did have some degree of history, yet not an interesting one. It had been through a few noble houses over the centuries, after a particularly peculiar sort, had wanted it made generations past. A most curious mare, who had tragically been within her domicile, as it had caught ablaze. And of the few things that had survived the fire, this vanity had been one of the least damaged. Yet it were still simply stored in a loft for over a century, passing through several generations of the mares family, until they began auctioning some of their old things off. Scarcity had found it an amusing, yet tragically damaged piece, and had it purchased some years back, to work on as a pet project. Once she wanted to connect with Dawn, she had set some focus, to ensure it were as pristine of a restauration as possible.

Not that it were done before they first met. Heaven's no, it had only been recent that it were finished. Yet it had still been a rather impressive sight to behold.

It had been something she assumed would intrigue the mare, considering what she had learned, from being around Dawn herself, and as such, she had placed it somewhere it were hard to miss, yet tastefully put, as part of the wares she had in her possession. As it wasn't a massively costly thing - compared to the storied antiques she did carry - she had offered it to Dawn as a gift. Something from one friend to another, which had more of a personal tough to it, than most things in her store. As those required professional hooves, to authenticate proper work. This one had been by her own, rather capable hooves though. Something she felt rather proud of, yet knew would fit in better elsewhere, than in her own possession. A better purpose if one would, as well as something she hoped would show her want to get along well with Dawn. A rare creature, that had skills in the same sort of thing she did, and seemed to also understand that they'd get nothing by being after one another. Far more profit to be made from getting along, and not stepping over each others hooves.

Besides, Scarcity enjoyed Dawn's presence, as she were one of the few she were open around. Of course there were ways to use that against her, if she felt inclined to leak something to her brother, but what would be point being? Scarcity were notorious in the shadier sides of society, for manipulating evidence, which once seemed rock solid, into something a prosecutor would be embarrassed to even lay eyes upon. Not to speak of how it would cause her to retaliate, and surely it weren't worth either of their time, to go through a war. It were costly, and so dreadfully wasteful of not only money, but time as well. Why bother?

She also felt rather safe, considering her contingency plans, in case she were asked to appear before court, but that was for herself to know. Couldn't give away all of her secrets, hmm?

8 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

In-between applications of applying make up, she'd turn her attention to the witch's inquiry.  Time to return to business.  "When the time is right, we'll work through couriers.  When we part ways, I'll leave you with an address to deliver letters through that will reach me and bypass the O.M.I.  From there I will send various ponies your way to collect the books.  On my end they will be shuffled around before making their way to me.  Worry not for the courier when handling the more dangerous books.  I'll be sending them with a special box to contain the books until it arrives to me and can be better secured.  The less magic we use to secure these books, the less likely my brother can get involved.  Acting quickly will also be ideal before rules and laws about trade and travel become restrictive from our two governments."

"There does not exist a thing in Harrowmark, not tainted by magic to some extend. Living, dead, undead, or inanimate. But I can try and not interfere too much with the carriers I will make use of, to avoid putting too much magic to track out there. Be advised further, that as I have no allies, all deliveries will likely be made by undead bird. Twisted had several, and as I have been the one to mostly feed them, they are more inclined to listen to me as is Though do keep some slabs of meat ready for whatever gets send, at the location you mention. Most of them do prefer a piece of dried rabbit, or something of the like. To a point where the packages will not be handed over, before they receive their treat. It shouldn't be an issue, I would think?

Furthermore, remind me to get you a map of Harrowmark, once we have arrived. I can point you towards the most secure route, for one wishing to meet with me. Though I would strongly advise that you do not send them to deal with me directly. Not where I am residing. The swamps will swallow them whole. There are safehouses, but most are too, in dangerous areas. But I know a few areas that have safe routes leading there. Just remember to impart upon them the critical rules of three: Do not follow unseen voices. Stay on the path. And never wander alone. Harrowmark is still a dangerous place, for the unprepared.

I will see how quickly I can ensure there is edited versions, for you to read. There is but me there, and I have other tasks, but I know a few tricks. Never underestimate what a long life can teach one, Dawn. You may yet get to experience the truth in that yourself, if you are careful.

I wonder though: Can you keep yourself from telling any of this to him? Because I can imagine that if say, he arrived in Harrowmark, and asked to have me detained for questioning, they would listen to him. Seeing as he is our savior after all, he have quite the leeway. If he suspects anything underhoofed are happening, things may become somewhat sour, and problematic.

I'm not saying you cannot hold a secret. I am saying he is rather perceptive, and even a slightly off-spoken thing, might get him suspecting something.

Hmm... While I do think of it, there is something. On the topic of a long life. I would like for you to see his notes on this topic, in its raw, more informative state. I wonder if perhaps you can gleam a path from his horrid methods, that might offer longevity, without the things he did to benefit from it. Would it be an issue if I included that, among the other things?"

It would not be an easy read. And no, not because of the magical talk within. More because it would include his own cold, sadistic commentary, as well as details about what he did to gain this advantage, in more details than most would want. It would show Dawn the absolute worst that Harrowmark had to offer, but she were perceptive. Perhaps she could find some light in that darkness, showing a more reasonable usage of such studies. Gods knew that she couldn't at least.

============================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-01-29 at 1:48 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Rosa? This is a lot of stuff for a room you’d eat in. Are all of these tools necessary for preparing food?” The longma called, as she had a look around the house to take in its designs and layout. The simplicity of the place in its current state was welcoming, though she couldn’t imagine what all this space would be used for. 

Rosa would wander out of his room, and meet Lin around midway on the staircase. His own decorating were done, and he honestly were somewhat curious, as to where the others had thought it best to put theirs, so he had been interested in wandering around, and seeing for himself. Then Lin had called for him, and he figured he may as well begin by going to her, and seeing if he couldn't explain some things to her, regarding the questions she were putting out there.

"I haven't looked around the kitchen a lot, but depending on the one in the kitchen, there can be a need for anywhere between two, and seventy-four tools. And no, I am sadly not exaggerating. I have witnessed the last myself. Quite a spacious kitchen, and the one living there, did use it to practice for cooking school, so there were merit to it. Still a little... Extravagant, in my opinion.

I tend to wish for around two dozen or so tools myself. I've done some undercover work in kitchens before, and found that at times, cooking can be rather enjoyable. Depending on the customers, that is. Perhaps someday, I can cook something for you, and you can tell me what you think of it? It'd be an interesting gathering. And would give me an excuse, as I tend to not go complicated, if it is only me.

Regarding the space, Equestrian cooking tends to make use of a lot of pots, pans, and ingredients. Then there is the fact there are families, so there need to be breakfast products for the foals, potential food for the pets, and things ready for larger gatherings, in case of family or friends visiting. I really only have you four thus far, so I might not fill it out anytime soon. But we'll see. Might be a mood will strike me someday.

I take it from that question, that Longma cooking is far more simplistic? At least when it comes to the number of tools used. I do not mean to imply it's bland and boring, and apologize if it seemed so."

On 2022-01-29 at 1:48 AM, EQ_Theta said:

Her brother, meanwhile, would do some more exploring and found Omen in the toilet with her figurine. In all honestly, it was an odd choice with some kind of logic behind it. What that logic is was lost to the longma.

“Umm, Omen? Looks like you made an inspired choice for this room. I guess Rosa wouldn’t overlook a decorated toilet. I wanted to ask you something. Before we met, did you ever stay in a house like this?" 

"Ponies always take good care of these things. It must mean they are important."

Omen not having a need for toilets, and not having a home, made it so that she had a less than stellar understanding, of what they were for. She just assumed it were a particularly fancy chair of some kind.

"I sometimes were in houses. Broken ones, with no light. No ponies. Often looked into homes. I saw a lot of how ponies lived like that. Nopony wanted me inside, so I just went where no ponies were. Spend more time in houses after meeting you, than I have before."

It were usually a matter of seconds, the few times she had been inside. To pick up something, to deliver something, or until she were found out to be there, and they began yelling. She would leave on her own after that. These last few weeks, had been the first times she were welcomes in, without stipulation that she were expected to leave shortly after. It were odd, but any new experience were. She just did her best to try and learn from it.

She did stay as said, in some houses before. Abandoned ones, specifically. Not because she had to really, but at times, she were curious what were in there, and would wander around to get a feel for it. Mostly she didn't find anything interesting, and it never gave her the same amount of curiosity, as it did when she looked into windows, of houses that were lived in. It had life within, that wasn't comparable.

"Did others let you into their homes, Sen? It looked like you were not used to them either. Sounded like ponies treated you badly."

=============================================================================

@Kujamih

On 2022-01-28 at 3:09 AM, Kujamih said:

Light would then starts coughing blood once more. "blaurgh!!.. cough, cough! not again..." he would then faint and lie motionless Infront of shark and anomaly.

Shark would let out a loud gasp, then go over to nudge at Light with her nose. Anomaly meanwhile, would look elsewhere, and see the thing actually going on, whilst shaking her head. Kids these days...

"Special one? Special one! Friend hurt. Make better? Please? Help friend."

"Might be outta my grasp, but I'll give it a go. Need to divert some attention though."

She'd rip herself in half, with both halves then growing the missing limbs to cause two copies of her being there, looking at one another. One would take off to meet up with the others, whilst one would stay here, and go over to the collapsed Light, to put some mojo on him. Some powerful, regenerative magic, with almost no mutations. He might grow some feathers if this took a while, but it'd be fine. He just had to preen himself, or pluck 'em all off. It'd be nothing permanent. Probably.

On 2022-01-28 at 3:09 AM, Kujamih said:

mean while at Cali's side. 

she can be seen beside another white stallion that she has just stabbed.

"rest now my friend, soon I shall set you free..." Cali twisted the blade that she used to stab the other Light, and pulling it off. Light faded to nothing and a cracked shard appears Infront of Cali.

she quickly slashed the shard and turns it  into dust.

Anomaly would pop out of the ground by then, and look at the dust in front of her. Then over at Calie, slightly annoyed.

"Oh come on. I can't even get a chance to interfere? Lame!

Well, hopefully the other guy's fine... Anyway, I'm gonna have to ask you to like, stop killing Light. Okay? It's making my creation sad, when you causer him to get offed like this. Not very nice, you know.

Besides, doesn't even look like there's anything bad here. So there's some black shards. Peh. Not like it's a planet eater."

===========================================================

@ArbiterofFates

"I have only ever heard of the princess having one sibling. A bold statement to make from that, but it is up to her to judge, if there is truth to it. Though regardless, I hope your travels will not be in vain. She is within this tower, yet to get to her, you will need permission from Reaper herself."

"And pray tell, where are grandmother right now?"

"In the next room."

On 2022-01-28 at 7:48 AM, Magnolia said:

"Perhaps if you don't feel yourself being respected - You should do something that earns respect from others." 

Soul glared right back at her, with annoyance in his singular, exposed eye.

"I did, and I were cast out for it. Just because they didn't have it in them, to do what was right."

He wouldn't say more, but would just open the door to the next room. Sherwood moving away from their path, to let them enter the room.

And what a room it were. Clad from floor to ceiling, the entire room had glowing runes on the walls, obscured only partially by tomes floating in and out of shelves, dating back hundreds, if not thousand of years.

Pictures of the leaders of the house - all mares - would hang within the room in prominent positions, not obscured by the book shelves, or anything else, and various ghoulish memorabilia, were also seen hanging near them, often representing something from the mare shown off.

All but one, which were the picture of the current head of the clan, who stood in the center of the room, and glanced up into seemingly nothing.

She were an elder mare, going into her sixties, but besides the greying hair, showed little signs of her age. Not a lot of wrinkles on her determined face, nor thin hair in her flowing mane and tail, cut to her shoulder blades, and just before her knee, length-wise. Her robes showed more age than she did, though the way it sat upon her, it showed that she were at good, physical health. And the robes may seem tattered by design, to fit her look.

Among those, being that she had several skulls bound in her hair, with two of the larger ones going down the side of her face, and the largest, hanging on her back. She also carried a foldable scythe down her side it seemed, and even when not looking upon others, radiated authority. One could not enter a crowd here, and not realize that this were the mare in charge. Magnolia should further be able to tell that, from the magic that oozed from her. This mare might be old, but she were a dangerous powerhouse. Practically oozing with necromantic energies.

"Grandmother."

Her gaze went away from the ceiling, then down to Soul. The two would exchange a prolonged glare, before she would - without a word to him - turn her attention to Magnolia.

"...The forgotten first. The spirits told me you would come, bearing this claim. Are you prepared to be judged?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia would speak nothing further of Soul or to the Minotaur. They have both made their points and she had made hers. Upon walking into the room she marveled at its magnificence and splendor. This room had contained knowledge that went back thousands of years and it radiated power in every avenue. Magnolia also greatly approved of the leaders of this clan all being mares. It was a place that she felt at home in. With the many avenues she had walked in her life? This one had felt the most fitting. 

Of course of all the photos there were the one that stood out the most. The head of the clan itself. To look into the eyes of someone so ancient and powerful - it was no surprise where Magnolia had taken after the Sparkle family. Magnolia had the tell tale signage of Sparkle heritage. Be that in the way her neckline was shaped or the way that her posture was. If Magnolia were someone who wasn't of Sparkle heritage, the resemblance would still be striking. Despite Magnolia's somewhat authoritative stance she could tell that Magnolia was more submissive than one would let on. Perhaps that may be due to the situation she was in? 

To her question Magnolia would nod respectfully. "I have known who I was for a very long time. With no way to verifiably prove it in any significant context. Now I stand before you - Open before you. I am far from perfect. But I stand, as the Eldest sister of Twilight Sparkle I thank you for your time and acquiescence to my presence." Magnolia would answer calmly, with an aura of unfound respect. Never before has she felt herself in high respect of someone else.  

Edited by ArbiterofFates

@Blitz Boom @ArbiterofFates

Cali who just killed off light was too high sprung at the moment. 

she would cautiously creep up to the Draconicous and release a presence of a hunter sizing up her pray. one can see her intent on hunting down Anomaly.

and in a quick instant Cali would then charge at Anomaly aiming for a clean kill. she aims at the head and heart.

she would be focused on the attack and would not bother to talk. for she knows not giving her all in this fight with a draconicous, can be fatal. 

in a weird way one can mistake Cali as a draconicous the way she attacks. her body parts changes into many things like a spear, a scythe, or a sword.

of course Cali knows that it is hard to kill a draconicous with this kind of weapons. her purpose was just to lure the Draconicous to a spot where she had set up a portal to trap the Draconicous.

a place filled with dark shards that eats up magic. a planet made of dark shards. 

The Magic Graveyard. 

just by opening the portal and being near it drains anyone's magic and would easily collapse and fall inside the portal... strangely enough the portal would just fizzle Abit but would still work? yet the place will absorb all magic. further investigation on the portal would see that the thing that made the portal was not magic, but a device that creates portals.

Cali anticipates and watches the Draconicous next action for she too cannot use magic now.

@Blitz Boom

18 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

I tend to wish for around two dozen or so tools myself. I've done some undercover work in kitchens before, and found that at times, cooking can be rather enjoyable. Depending on the customers, that is. Perhaps someday, I can cook something for you, and you can tell me what you think of it? It'd be an interesting gathering. And would give me an excuse, as I tend to not go complicated, if it is only me.

Regarding the space, Equestrian cooking tends to make use of a lot of pots, pans, and ingredients. Then there is the fact there are families, so there need to be breakfast products for the foals, potential food for the pets, and things ready for larger gatherings, in case of family or friends visiting. I really only have you four thus far, so I might not fill it out anytime soon. But we'll see. Might be a mood will strike me someday.

“That sounds good, and I’m interested in wondering how things worked in a place like your kitchen. Maybe I can watch what goes on and see how food is prepared. As for your other question, longma prepare food with simple means. You know, sticks, stones, fire, clay pots… That’s the most we have, and the biggest thing we’d prepare is the fire pit. I’d get Sen to help dig one here, but I don’t think you’d approve. Most homes in the village have one for preparing meals, but those living higher in the trees eat before going up. In that case, some families share fire pits outside.”

“You don’t need to apologize for what you said, though. We have plants, fruits, and fish. It’s all simple food for us, but we get by with them. You mentioned you found cooking enjoyable. Is there something you liked to cook? Or is it the environment?”

Lin joined Rosa by the stairs and chatted up the thestral. Even after spending time in this house, she still couldn’t get used to its size. The longma could mistake it for a mansion based on its interior despite it being about average for a home of its kind. A place like this must take a lot of time to put together, not to mention all of the planning that goes into what goes where. It was much different back home when all everyone got was a set space and a wooden hut to shield themselves from the elements. Everything else was based on placement, but every home was just one room to fit every purpose. Well, except for the siblings’ home, but if there was a story behind their home and what made it different, they didn’t know. 

As for Sen, he hung back by the entryway to the toilet, though he’d only stand off to the side instead of blocking the way out. He stopped to ponder about his experiences away from the forest, as the question seemed more like it was about others instead of his own family home. There was enough to draw from, but things were different then.

18 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Did others let you into their homes, Sen? It looked like you were not used to them either. Sounded like ponies treated you badly."

“No, I wasn’t welcomed in others’ homes, but I understood why. I guess almost everyone is wary of strangers, especially if they walking into houses that aren’t theirs. Without knowing a stranger’s intentions, it only seemed right that the owner of the house would want to protect themselves, their families, and their things.”

“Some ponies treated me badly, but it didn’t have anything to do with walking into another’s home. Now if it was going into abandoned buildings, it did that a few times so I could find a place to rest. I suppose staying in broken and empty houses is something we have in common. You know, if we have time, I could show you a place where I thought I’d stay the last time I visited the old town. I’m just hoping the building hasn’t been torn down yet.”

It seemed right for Sen to recall an old building in this town. Many had the appearance of being old, but they were lived-in and it was the town’s aesthetic. This one building, in particular, was empty with parts of it already collapsed. The whole thing was in bad shape, but it stood just fine in some parts. No one would be snooping around in a place that could fall on them at any moment, and the longma figured it would be a good place to stay where he’d be undisturbed until he was ready to get going once more. 

@abrony-mouse

On 2021-11-26 at 11:47 PM, Fuchsia said:

She rests her pink forelegs on the bed and smiles, "You sure have a lot to fill me in on." she gestures to the grand homestead. "But sure, I could do with eating something other than coconuts and tropical grasses. Let's plan our next move over breakfast."

"Delightful. If you would excuse me for a few moments."

He felt fairly fatigued still, as he rose from the bed, and wandered towards the adjoining bathroom, but he simply could not be looking like this. He were in the presence of a now well-groomed mare, and n comparison, he looked like somepony who had crawled out of a trash can. Utterly disgraceful.

It would be about ten minutes until he returned. His shower were hasty, and his fur still somewhat damp, but as he finished combing his coal-grey hair, he'd at least feel like he were more presentable to his adventuring companion.

"Much better. Now I don't disgrace your radiant presence as much anymore. Now then, please follow me, and feel free to ask anything you will, as we move along, if you have questions."

The path out of the room and towards the kitchen would take some time to traverse, as they had to get through a few, long halls. Through which were more of the audacious looks of a very well off, high society pony. Though even if that were the case, the only pictures were of himself, Grim, various close friends, and of course, his family. None of them overly pompous in nature, as he didn't much care for that. And the staff seemed nice to, as every time he passed somepony cleaning, or doing something else, they'd greet him kindly, and he'd in turn, do the same. This also added time, as he halted to properly wish them a good day, and other things, but it should hopefully show that he were not the sort of rich pony who considered himself so far above others, that they deserved to be disrespected.

Eventually, they'd get to the kitchen. Grim would be at the counter, chopping up some tomatoes into cubes with surprising speed, and add them to two porcelain bowls, as the salads were being made.

"Hel-"

"Sit down. You're in no condition to overexert yourself right now, young man."

Oof, he were in for a talking later it sounded like. Grim usually didn't call him that, unless he were sorely disappointed in him. Best to do as he asked.

A squash chopped up and added later, Grim would come over with the bountiful bowls of fresh salad, and put the cutlery down next to them. Then he'd go over to the fridge, and bring along two large, crystal glasses.

"What might the lady wish to drink? We have milkshakes, orange juice, apple juice, a more exotic mixture as well, if that would hold interest. Twelve kinds of soda, sparkling water, and lemonade. My apologies for the sparse selection, and simplicity of the meal. I will ensure that by dinner time, there will be a proper meal. Have you any preferences for that as well, madamme? You need only mention it."

He'd be galant and smiling towards Fuchsia, as he waited for her drink preference. But Billowing would have to wait until she had picked, before he would get an option. First came the one who had brought him safely home.

Fuchsia smiled inwardly at the restored gallant stallion before her, so different from the drained and quite broken being she had helped back from the remote jungle to here. She could see the fatigue still that hung on him, and the pride that forced it back. Not so different to her own self - refusing to let the horrors of yesterday dominate her today. 

It certainly helped that she was in such a gorgeous setting... she was half-incredulous as to why anypony would leave such luxury, but her other half knew that luxury could not replace the adrenaline of adventure, and the terror of her nightmare and the past days still prickled her fur. 

Hiding the inner tumult, Fuchsia smiles at the decorousness of the gentlecoltly Billowing, although she was a little awkward being waited on. She thanks Grim and gently chides Grim saying the selection is wonderful - she asks for Soda as Fuchsia always tended to have a light breakfast.

Waiting for Billowing to decide and for Grim to depart, Fuchsia asks a question that had nagged at her ever since she had seen this gorgeous place, "My! This is amazing!" she says genuinely, "Why would you ever leave a place like this to get your tail bitten off by wolves in the 'wild-lands'?" she uses the term 'wild-lands' semi-ironically - it is a provincial pony term for lands beyond the ponylands that most ponies would not visit due to danger.

@ArbiterofFates

"Alluria will be the one to judge the validity of your claim, but I see semblance. I shall grant you passage."

She turned around to move, casting but a fleeting glance at Soul as she did so, but saying nothing. The tension between them were measurable, yet neither seemed pleased to begin speaking to one another.

With them both in silence, they'd move through to a door on the left, which left to a spiral staircase. After a few minutes of traversing upwards, they'd find themselves in an immense library. Rows upon rows of books, scrolls, tomes, and even some stone tablets. A collection that would make Twilight herself envious, tended to by a half dozen family members, judging by the various looks. Beyond that though, there would be one more, floating around in the air, and Magnolia should know straight away who this were. The semblance between them were great after all, though this mare were a good deal older.

She were somewhat akin to Macabre though, as she were also doing well for her age, though there were more visible wrinkles in her face. She were currently standing to the side, so one could not see everything, as she flipped through a tome, but her long, well kept, purple mane and tail, with silver strands of hair in them, were notable. As she wore no clothes, one could see clearly the cutie mark, resembling a heart, surrounded by a few stars.

She were reading an old tome at the time, as she floated through the air, unaware, or uncaring, about the visitor she had received. Another notebook were near, being scribbled in by the unicorn mare, as her silvery eyes went across the page, seemingly searching for something.

Were it not for the floating, or the fact the unicorn were slightly see through, one might think her alive. Alas, that had long since stopped being true. Normally one wouldn't be able to see a spirtit without possessing a gift for it either, but Alluria were old, and strong, for a spirit. She were well aware of how to manifest at various degrees of visible, and tangible.

"Alluria. You have a visitor."

The mare would wave dismissively, and not look away from her tome.

"Bother me not with such trifling affairs. There is none who'd visit, whom I'd care enough about, to stop my research for. Have them arrive on another day. Mayhap I shall be more lenient with my time then."

Quite a semblance indeed. At least Soul thought so, as the slightly spectral, clear voice of the mare rung from her muzzle. She sounded like a no nonsense, sort of mare.

==============================================================================

@Kujamih

On 2022-02-01 at 6:03 AM, Kujamih said:

and in a quick instant Cali would then charge at Anomaly aiming for a clean kill. she aims at the head and heart.

As she were being charged at, Anomaly would unravel into three dozen smaller pieces of natural things. Including acorns, stumps, and fruit. The parts that would get stuck, would poof, and turn into colorful mushrooms, emitting a hallucinogenic pollen, whilst the other parts would reassemble again, and patch up the parts now missing with an orange liquid, that quickly hardened.

"Hey now. That wasn't very nice. I'm just here to talk all, nice and calm. Jeez."

She'd yawn, and shake her head. Why did everyone always had to get so boring and violent all the time? Jeez, how did the primary her deal with this sorta thing? *sigh* Maybe once her little errand where done, she'd be allowed to turn into a magical toaster, or something. That sounded nice. Just warning bread all day, floating about in a nice, clean kitchen...

She'd be caught ion these things as things went on. Not unusual to happen, when Anomaly split up like this. It were part of her, but much like when she made a creature, a new personality tended to quickly evolve. Had been the case for Rose and Harry, and would be too for this one. Though this part seemed to want something nice and simple instead of the whole messy, chaotic lifestyle.

She wasn't dumb though. Noticing that the other one were trying to lure her about, Anomaly would bounce in another direction, and begin to just lob around in a mass of various shapes, seemingly having fun just moving about, around Cali. So she wouldn't be near the portal, and would openly rush away from it, to wrap loosely around Cali, once she noticed it opening. The feeling from that place were nasty. No good for either of them.

"Wha- Nuhuh! I'm Not going in there! I don't wanna be trapped in a lone, boring place with no bread to roast.

Why do you have to be like this? I were just sent here to talk, and ask you to not go kill more Light's. It's making his shark sad. Or is it his marefriend? Sharkfriend? Blurgh. Details. Can't we just talk this out? Maybe over some bread?"

A melodious *ding-a-ling* would come from her, and a slice of perfectly fried bread with butter, would pop out of her mouth.

She might realize at this point, that for a Draconequus, Anomaly were pretty much harmless. She didn't want to fight, and were a good deal less powerful than Discord. Persistent bugger though.

=================================================================

@EQ_Theta

22 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“That sounds good, and I’m interested in wondering how things worked in a place like your kitchen. Maybe I can watch what goes on and see how food is prepared. As for your other question, longma prepare food with simple means. You know, sticks, stones, fire, clay pots… That’s the most we have, and the biggest thing we’d prepare is the fire pit. I’d get Sen to help dig one here, but I don’t think you’d approve. Most homes in the village have one for preparing meals, but those living higher in the trees eat before going up. In that case, some families share fire pits outside.”

“You don’t need to apologize for what you said, though. We have plants, fruits, and fish. It’s all simple food for us, but we get by with them. You mentioned you found cooking enjoyable. Is there something you liked to cook? Or is it the environment?”

"I have a garden, and I'd be interested to try genuine longma cuisine. We could dig out a fire pit without too much of an issue I'd wager. Could be an interesting hobby project, for a slow day. And I don't mind more rustic things. The times I've had to stand in a kitchen and truly make something fancy, are scarce, to put it mildly. I more often ate raw, or over campfires. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, nor do I judge you for not having this, among your kind. A lot of the varied dishes you find in Equestria, have come solely from advancements in technology, as well as communication with others. Including those from other countries, with access to spices and wares, not found in Equestria.

Considering your society, it sounds perfectly good, and there is something to be said about the simplicity of a meal too, just as there is for one that have been made for higher levels of society. As for your system regarding those living in higher trees, I think it sounds rather sensible, considering your living arrangements.

As for what I enjoy... I like working in a physical environment, and a kitchen can be so. I also have been taught to work with a good deal of nitpicking, and an eye to detail. Both are well suited for kitchen work. Furthermore, no one ever cares about the kitchen staff. You'd be surprised what one gets to see and hear like that, without truly getting noticed. After a time you either enjoy the work, or grimace it. I chose to focus on the things I enjoyed, and endured it.

Although I won't say that I don't have a certain fondness for making food as well. There's something satisfying, in preparing a proper meal. Surely we can agree in satisfaction, coming from a job well done? I would think that to be something the longma would have, with how you all seem to do your part for the society to hold together, and the craftsmanship of your work."

He didn't specify what exactly he'd like to cook, as he'd prefer to have some surprises. Though it were likely not what they were thinking. He tended to get raised eyebrows at least, since others had certain assumptions about him, the few times he did put his effort into a kitchen. He wasn't a cook in so far as he invented his own dishes though. He just followed recipes well, and adjust his approach slightly, based on the equipment he had to use, to make it as it had to be.

As he spoke though, he'd begin to wander, to see if he could find the others. He were curious as to what Sen ad Omen had done with their figurines. Quite frankly, he wouldn't be surprised if Omen had put it in a toilet roll, and put it on his pillow. It was nothing against her, but she had grown up in chaos. In her way, it might well make sense.

On 2022-02-01 at 4:33 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“No, I wasn’t welcomed in others’ homes, but I understood why. I guess almost everyone is wary of strangers, especially if they walking into houses that aren’t theirs. Without knowing a stranger’s intentions, it only seemed right that the owner of the house would want to protect themselves, their families, and their things.”

“Some ponies treated me badly, but it didn’t have anything to do with walking into another’s home. Now if it was going into abandoned buildings, it did that a few times so I could find a place to rest. I suppose staying in broken and empty houses is something we have in common. You know, if we have time, I could show you a place where I thought I’d stay the last time I visited the old town. I’m just hoping the building hasn’t been torn down yet.”

"We can see.

I find it weird we are not welcome. If they want intentions, why not ask? They will know. Get to learn us. Understand we are safe. Yes?"

Fear and paranoia were utterly alien things for Omen, as she had never felt either. To her, ponies should just ask whoever wanted to go in what they were like, and get answers. Then they'd know, so why be paranoid? Some might lie, but the two of them didn't. Nor did they want to take things. So if they asked that, there shouldn't be a problem. Ponies just had to make things complicated, that didn't need to be.

"Ponies keep many things around, that is old. I found many old places before. Nopony living there. All empty. Still was there. Like the castle we met at. I am sure your house is still here."

She'd tilt her head to the side, and perk her ear suddenly, and stood still.

"...Heard wind."

Had been a brief sound, she thought were wind. Didn't seem important, but she had just noticed it, and as per usual, just expressed things as it happened. She could have noted the others arriving soon too, but she didn't need to hear them. She could smell them well enough. They were nearing their location.

==================================================================

@abrony-mouse

"The thrill of adventure, of course. Granted, it is not a calm life, and yes, I could simply sit here and live off of my investments alone. But a life without exploration seems so... Lacking. I always wish for one more adventure. One more thrill. Battered or bruised, I seek the wild.

Besides, I had not this life, had I not ventured into the wild. I came from modest means, at the best of times. As I grew older, I listened to my heart, and ventured into adventure, to try and better things. I found quite a few artifacts that had to be donated to museums, as per Equestrian law - with tax breaks provided as a compensation - but also raw gold, gems, and things of less historic value, which I could do with as I saw fit. Find the right buyers, and I had a taste of what could come. So I went out again, and again. Time after time, seeking fortune and adventure.

It took me ten years to get here. Had my parents worried more times than I can count, and quite a lot of expeditions had to go far, before I found anything. But I invested well, and even when I found nothing for myself, my parents could use the tax breaks to lessen the burden upon them. They worried greatly, but they always had my back, and I did not forget them when I eventually sat on enough of a fortune to move forward.

Sadly they did not wish to move, from the home we grew up in, in Dodge Junction, so I could not give them a wing of this place as their own. But I bought the house they rented, and pay their utensilies, as well as ensured a full rebuild, and added space. They are too stubborn to stop working, but I can assure you, that they will be cared for until the end of their days. I'd sooner sell this place to ensure that, than have them go back to how things were before."

He let out a sigh, and thought on his parents, with a longing gaze in his eyes. He missed them so, but it wouldn't be long now, before he could visit them again. He just had to postpone it a little due to his malady, the previous week. He did not want to worry them with seeing him like that.

"Still, least I know that some of this space, is still used. My cousin Rose, bless her heart, had a... Personal issue occur, and took up on my offer for shelter, in her hour of need. She takes care of the garden, and though I did not force that upon her, I must admit that her work is quite stellar. She's always been a passionate mare, when it comes to her plants. Which includes raising her voice if she sees deliberate vandalism, but that is what it is.

Grim has a room here too, and are in control of the estate when I am not home, as well as the leader of the staff. At times he gets visits from his family. If you see members of them, I can assure you that the vast majority, are some of the loveliest ponies, you'd ever meet. And as I noted, some of them seems oddly female and single in nature. A pure coincidence, I'm sure."

He'd give Grim a look that said he knew what the stallion were doing. Not with the drinks, as he were given his usual milkshake, after the soda for Fuchsia. Which were presented in a tall glass, on a small plate, with some butter biscuits. No his glance were more about how he had a sneaking suspicion, that Grim had tried to marry him off, ever so subtly.

"Nothing coincidental about it. You're in your best age, and should have somepony there to come home to. I had hopes about... Ah, my apologies, did not need to mention that."

"Nono, it's fine. She may as well hear about it.

There were a mare, not more than a week ago, Fuchsia. Took my breath away, and made me think I had found a treasure without equal... Yet she left, hunting for better things far away, with hardly a word for goodbye. The trip we met in, were the first I had the energy to muster trying, after the depression it had left me in. If I may be honest? Meeting you, helped me to see the light properly again, and find the thrill in things once more. I owe you great thanks for that, as well as all other ways you have helped me."

He'd give her a tired, yet thankful and warm smile, while Grim went over and began to clean up after himself properly. Wasn't much, since he knew his craft well, but there were a few knives and such to sort. Couldn't have a mess on his watch.

"That being said, we do have an issue on our hooves, that we need to find a solution to. The sooner the better."

"Might I ask what kind?"

"It's hard to describe, but a... What do you think, Fuchsia? I would think of it as a long dead, cursed foci, deer mummy. That seemed able to control the undead, wither plants, and track our every movement."

Grim shook his head, but kept silent for now, as they'd talk things out. Never could be easy with Billowing now, could it? Always had to be something weird.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Upon ending up in the library Magnolia would marvel at it's massive size. Now this - this is where it was at. Her primary interest was on this library and this library alone. She could very well spend a great deal of time here and read each book. Like Twilight, Magnolia possessed a great interest in reading. The process of acquiring knowledge was in itself an enjoyable process. Over the years Magnolia was lucky to see similar libraries such as this and spent the majority of her time reading about magic. It's how she became so good at her talents after all. 

Upon seeing Alluria the resemblance between them was uncanny. Similar body features. While Magnolia lacked the tell tale purple on her coats - her eyes were true to that of a Sparkle family member. Her purple eyes were just as purple as Alluria's mane. While she knew that Alluria was a spirit, it certainly didn't feel like that for Magnolia. It was astonishing to think this was all real but she wasn't going to dwell on the novelty of it now. However, she'd be sure to enjoy each and every moment.

Upon Alluria's manner of conversation Magnolia would ever so slightly smile at that. "Ah, not even a descendant of yours? One you've not realized until this moment?" Magnolia asked, her voice calm yet authoritative. "I've heard some things about you, Alluria. I know that you are one of my ancestors. The Sparkle blood flows through me just as it once did in your case. I am Moonlight Sparkle. Elder sister of Twilight Sparkle, and the daughter of Twilight Velvet. For so long I have awaited someone...someone out there to hear my pleas. Waiting no longer, I will." she stepped closer to Alluria calmly, her hoof steps echoing slightly on the floor as she does so.

"For so long I have wandered the land without much purpose to my name. I was never the most perfect of ponies." she said with a slight sense of shame. "Nor was I the nicest either, but my sets and sets lay forward on re-uniting with the Sparkle family. I don't know why, but I was abandoned by Twilight Velvet and Night Light, my own parents...I don't know why they did that to me. Was I not good enough for them? Was I...a mistake?" her hooves shook ever so slightly at that but she stood firm. "Whatever the reason may be, I am determined to find out why that was, and hopefully...have a family. For all the wrongs I've ever done, all I wanted was family..." she spoke with honesty, her eyes looking to Alluria with hope. 

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-02-03 at 6:00 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Although I won't say that I don't have a certain fondness for making food as well. There's something satisfying, in preparing a proper meal. Surely we can agree in satisfaction, coming from a job well done? I would think that to be something the longma would have, with how you all seem to do your part for the society to hold together, and the craftsmanship of your work."

“I agree about the longma being satisfied with the work they do. A village’s survival, and the survival of those living in it, lie in everyone doing their part. It’s just that I’ve never really thought I could see food in the same light. We hunt and forage for food because it’s how we get by, but it was always part of daily routine.”

“Even in exile, I found myself going back to what I knew. Picking food from plants or sometimes heating them over a fire… There wasn’t time to just sit down and try something for the sake of it because survival always came first. Maybe we could find some seeds for your garden so you can pick food off it like we do back home?”

It will be interesting to see how food is prepared in a kitchen. The scents of spices filling the air could get Lin’s mouth to water, but there was never an opportunity to see it. Between being on the move and always looking for her next meal, time wasn’t a luxury. Now with Rosa having a place to rest, Lin could add something more to fulfill that interest in longma food despite its simplicity. It’s not quite everything that comes from the forest, but there will be a little piece of it. The rest would need a river, and it’s not like they could divert a nearby water source to the house. 

As for Sen, he pondered on Omen’s questions. Valid and sensible as they are, there was something more that could help provide a clearer perspective. Emotions were a tricky topic to broach because he couldn’t generalize. His feelings on the matter may not be everyone else’s reaction, and the same could be said for Omen, but he’d do his best to clear things up.

On 2022-02-03 at 6:00 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"We can see.

I find it weird we are not welcome. If they want intentions, why not ask? They will know. Get to learn us. Understand we are safe. Yes?"

Fear and paranoia were utterly alien things for Omen, as she had never felt either. To her, ponies should just ask whoever wanted to go in what they were like, and get answers. Then they'd know, so why be paranoid? Some might lie, but the two of them didn't. Nor did they want to take things. So if they asked that, there shouldn't be a problem. Ponies just had to make things complicated, that didn't need to be.

“What you say is true, but ponies may fear things they don’t know. Fear is not an easy thing to lose. Asking questions likely isn’t the first thing they’d do because it puts them at risk. Think of it like this: if someone broke into your home, they could be there to steal from you or hurt you. Would you rather do everything to protect yourself or ask about why they are there? And would whoever broke in give you an answer if you asked about their intentions?”

“I know you are good, and you’d never hurt others, but not everyone is good or has good intentions. And it is understandable that ponies, or anyone else for that matter, would be suspicious or hostile to things that they do not know about.”

Though the longma couldn't hear the wind like Omen, he liked the pause in this conversation. These ideas are not the easiest to convey, and even he doesn't fully grasp the concept of fear itself. Primal, uneasy, inherent in many, though DIscord's methods may not have fully integrated it into Omen. That presents a challenge, but it is one that Sen won't back away from.

@Starforce

On 2022-02-03 at 2:04 AM, Magnolia said:

"Ah, not even a descendant of yours? One you've not realized until this moment?"

While she wouldn't say more yet, Alluria would raise her head and look over at Magnolia, with a slightly hopeful look in her eyes. One dashed, as she gazed upon the back of Magnolia. It seemed she had hoped for another, when she were spoken to about ancestry, though she weren't voicing anything yet. Rather, she'd let Magnolia finish speaking, whilst she observed the mare further, and seemed to regain some degree of interest, the more she heard, and the more she saw.

On 2022-02-03 at 2:04 AM, Magnolia said:

"I've heard some things about you, Alluria. I know that you are one of my ancestors. The Sparkle blood flows through me just as it once did in your case. I am Moonlight Sparkle. Elder sister of Twilight Sparkle, and the daughter of Twilight Velvet. For so long I have awaited someone...someone out there to hear my pleas. Waiting no longer, I will." she stepped closer to Alluria calmly, her hoof steps echoing slightly on the floor as she does so.

"For so long I have wandered the land without much purpose to my name. I was never the most perfect of ponies." she said with a slight sense of shame. "Nor was I the nicest either, but my sets and sets lay forward on re-uniting with the Sparkle family. I don't know why, but I was abandoned by Twilight Velvet and Night Light, my own parents...I don't know why they did that to me. Was I not good enough for them? Was I...a mistake?" her hooves shook ever so slightly at that but she stood firm. "Whatever the reason may be, I am determined to find out why that was, and hopefully...have a family. For all the wrongs I've ever done, all I wanted was family..." she spoke with honesty, her eyes looking to Alluria with hope. 

The long dead mare would remain silent, but floated down to ground level, and calmly, would put a hoof towards Magnolia's chest. And then, through it. She'd feel something probably very unpleasant. As if something more fundamental than her bones, were being poked at. The intangible soul, which were not meant to be interacted with in this way, and for those who experienced it, tended to feel wrong, in ways that most had an issue describing.

It would last but a second and a half though, before Alluria would relinquish her touch, and withdraw her hoof once more. Her gaze were one of slight surprise.

"My... Ancestor."

She'd take a step forth, and use one hoof to embrace Magnolia. Now as firm as any real pony, albeit colder, due to the utter lack of body heat. The action were not one of utterly warmness, that many ponies tended to do these days. It were more dignified, yet still in a welcome fashion.

"I have sent countless messages over generations, yet none were answered. Hearing your voice, I thought it may be the famed princess, but no. She still doesn't deign me worthy of her presence, yet you do. Moonlit Sparkle, blood of my blood. Least there is one dependable descendant of mine.

Though it dismays me to hear what those who came before you did. It is most unbecoming, and dare they ever thread hoof upon these hallowed grounds, I shall visit upon them my harsh disapproval, and scorn."

She'd let go of her several times great grandfoal, and take a step back, that she may have a great look upon the mare.

"A fine mare you are though. I sense in you the same drive and stubbornness, that drove me for many moons. And a darkness upon thee, which I once would be weary of. Yet my time here have granted me clarity. I see the folly in judging darkness, for darkness alone.

Speak to me, blood of my blood. What regrets weighs upon you, that you fear judgement for?"

====================================================================

@EQ_Theta

8 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“I agree about the longma being satisfied with the work they do. A village’s survival, and the survival of those living in it, lie in everyone doing their part. It’s just that I’ve never really thought I could see food in the same light. We hunt and forage for food because it’s how we get by, but it was always part of daily routine.”

“Even in exile, I found myself going back to what I knew. Picking food from plants or sometimes heating them over a fire… There wasn’t time to just sit down and try something for the sake of it because survival always came first. Maybe we could find some seeds for your garden so you can pick food off it like we do back home?”

"I don't think me keeping a garden of any kind, would be a good investment of time. Between Equestria and Scarcity, I get the feeling that once I have been allowed to calm myself, I will quite often find myself on assignments. That leaves little time to tend to a garden, but perhaps one day, that will change. For the time being, I think it is best to wait, and see what kind of maintenance I will have the time to do, between jobs. Let us give it a week at first, and then see what comes from there on out.

I also welcome you to join me in preparing food at some point. You may not be used to it, but you may find that you'll enjoy yourself, once you've tried it. We can perhaps try some simpler dishes, like those you sampled at the carnival? Overall easy dishes to make, as they have to keep a steady stream of it, readily available, to their customers. I'll just need to get hold of a few things, but that shouldn't be overly complicated to precure."

There were many dishes that could be made, but fried faire food, were a fine start. Granted, it would not be exactly the same, as judging by the food yesterday, the ones at that carnival, had their own spin on the dishes. Good ones too mind you. Some faire food were utterly revolting, so it were good to have been to one that had some good food. And more varied stuff too. He had not expected the pie vendor, for instance.

Tangent aside, they could likely replicate it well enough, to make it fairly good. And he did so enjoy a good, fresh baked pie, if he were to be honest. One with blackberries. Kinda made him craving a slice just from thinking about it, yet he had to be patient. There were things to prepare before that. Mainly ingredients.

12 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“What you say is true, but ponies may fear things they don’t know. Fear is not an easy thing to lose. Asking questions likely isn’t the first thing they’d do because it puts them at risk. Think of it like this: if someone broke into your home, they could be there to steal from you or hurt you. Would you rather do everything to protect yourself or ask about why they are there? And would whoever broke in give you an answer if you asked about their intentions?”

“I know you are good, and you’d never hurt others, but not everyone is good or has good intentions. And it is understandable that ponies, or anyone else for that matter, would be suspicious or hostile to things that they do not know about.”

"I would ask them what they were there for. Then send them away, if they tried attacking. Like Mother taught me.

I do not understand, why not to talk first. Do other beings lie a lot? Or is that fear too? Master tried explaining fear to me before. It did not make sense. You could make others go away. And if they took things, are there not guards? I thought that was what they were there for.

Master Discord said, fear is natural. You could not trust anyone, and that since you could not trust them, you did not know what they would do. Then a pony told me to trust him, and I tried. He did not do bad things because of that."

Fear were likely one they'd have a really hard time getting her to grasp fully, as it were a more intangible thing, than most other emotions they tried to explain to her. Yet it were an important one. However, it might be easier to tell her via more tangible examples. Like the times when she had acted when Sen and Lin were in harm's way. Or for an example of how the reaction would look, bring up how Shrimp were, when the cat fell on him. Things such as that.

As one who owned almost nothing, until recently, the loss of items did not seem like something that should cause duress at least. It were just things, and the law were there to help others, if they had things taken from them, yes? She were somewhat sure that were one of the things, that she heard they did.

In nay case, it might come to her naturally too. It were an odd one, as she didn't have anything to be afraid of for a long time, despite her having acted in ways, that would make one consider her afraid before. So perhaps once she had a chance to mull over things properly for a few weeks, she'd be able to find rationale in this concept. At least to a certain extend.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia would embrace Alluria back in turn and would wince slightly at the unpleasant feeling of Alluria seemingly touching her soul. It was unpleasant for sure but nothing that Magnolia couldn't handle. Alluria could feel Magnolia embrace her back as if she was long lost family...well, she was! A small smile would come about on Magnolia's face.

"For so long I have been searching for someone who can take my words seriously. You do. I am so very glad that you do. I am also glad that you accept me in manners that my parents did not. Where Twilight Sparkle has not acknowledged you, I am more than proud to recognize you for who you are." she paused slightly in order to allow her words to sink in for those passing moments as she processed her words and rose a hoof slightly as she thought her words over here.

"Well for a long time I was a very jealous pony. Over the years I found the ability to drain magic to increase my own. I used this for my own selfish reasons with the goal of proving myself to be better than my sister, Twilight Sparkle. I wanted her to realize who I was by force and I wanted to break her worldview in order to see mine. I had no intention of rulership, I just wanted her to realize who I was. In my eyes, she is very lost into her duties to even realize the truth of the matter. She's too focused on her position to realize her own family. But that doesn't give me the right to do what I did...I want to do it again eventually but just not in the manner I did..." she sighed, looking down to the floor in shame at her own actions but quickly snapped out of it.

"It was only because of the actions of a very generous and helpful friend did I reconsider my path from one of destruction to one of diplomacy. I gave the ponies magic back that I stole and been helping my friend ever since. I also regret not taking the time to really enjoy life and better myself. I see so many that are younger than me and I am so jealous of how young they are. I'm 30. I'm not getting any younger, it feels like I've wasted the most of my life on lonely endeavors." she spoke honestly, looking into Alluria's eyes like a filly, except her eyes had contained many a sights that none had seen in the manner such as her own.

@Blitz Boom

the Draconicous was able to evade every trap and every blow she makes towards it. making her more infuriated.

" stop moving so I can end you!"

as the portal to the magic grave yard was still open. it would slowly but surely drain out Cali's magical source than the draconicous. and because of that  her injuries starts to open again and she is forced to stop due to the creeping pain she feels from her side.

" aaaahh.,. rrrrgghhh!!!!" she yelped.

she was forced to close the portal and rest at the side.

but soon after, she ended up sleeping on that very spot.

meanwhile on Light's side.

...he awakens and have no clue where he is now.

"..... where the heck am I?" 

@Blitz Boom

21 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I don't think me keeping a garden of any kind, would be a good investment of time. Between Equestria and Scarcity, I get the feeling that once I have been allowed to calm myself, I will quite often find myself on assignments. That leaves little time to tend to a garden, but perhaps one day, that will change. For the time being, I think it is best to wait, and see what kind of maintenance I will have the time to do, between jobs. Let us give it a week at first, and then see what comes from there on out.

I also welcome you to join me in preparing food at some point. You may not be used to it, but you may find that you'll enjoy yourself, once you've tried it. We can perhaps try some simpler dishes, like those you sampled at the carnival? Overall easy dishes to make, as they have to keep a steady stream of it, readily available, to their customers. I'll just need to get hold of a few things, but that shouldn't be overly complicated to precure."

“If want something from back home, you could always ask me. Freshly picked or sometimes dried fruits are probably the most I could offer. Or tea leaves and herbs. I can send you some when you are craving them, but that brick of dried leaves I brought should be good for several months. You only pinch a little bit off at a time, so it will definitely last a while.”

“And I’d love to join you while preparing food. I don’t know what that’s going to be like, but if preparing something delicious will be fun, I can’t pass up that chance. It’s going to be great! So, how about we check up on Sen and Omen? They’re probably done decorating.”

All this talk of food and enjoyment has the longma feeling giddy at the prospect. Though there are still obligations back home and here, in Rosa’s case, she wouldn’t want to miss out. It may not seem like much, but if the old town of Canterlot had this type of atmosphere surrounded by some friendly faces, returning will always be something to look forward to. No doubt Sen will agree with this sentiment, especially when the newer town left him with some bad memories. Plus, the siblings could take some of what they’ve learned back home to try for themselves, which is always a good thing.

In the meantime, Sen thought about Omen’s retort and attempted to come up with an answer. It was difficult to use a generalization because it wouldn’t apply to everyone, and Omen’s response made it challenging to explain fear in an understandable manner.

“Discord is right about fear being natural, and not everyone will respond the same way. I guess the best way I could describe fear is that it is an instinct. It is a natural way to respond to something by either running from it or fighting it. Being hostile to something unknown can also happen. Not everyone has powers to make problems go away, and a guard may not be close by to respond. Do you remember the bakery and the little cat that led us there? Shrimp hid in your mane, and I took it to mean he was scared of it. Or using another example with Shrimp, he’d blast some of his breath at someone she isn’t familiar with. That is how he shows fear.”

@Blitz Boom
Marley could chuckle as much he wanted, but hoe Ruby saw it, it didn't matter if it was punch of ponies living in isolation or bunch of actual gods, cult was a cult, no matter who or what was part of it, in a same way to how a nation was a nation regardless of if it was ruled by a literal worm or by the god of all creation. 

She didn't give Marley the satisfaction of having a reaction to his remark, and Charir of course had no idea what he even said. 

"I'll fly myself, we can land in some forest near our destination, I still want to hunt." She simply responded, then saying something to Charir, after which she walked out of the carriage, Charir would follow Leviathan. She sharpened her senses to make sure there was nobody nearby, and after she was sure there was nothing, she transformed, stretching a bit after, it was always nice to get out of that awful form. "Sometimes I hope someone would reveal the truth so that I wouldn't need to use that awful body anymore." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarecrow would have risen an eyebrow if he would have known how, as the talk about this Blitz was slightly curious, but he didn't ask anything about it, since it wasn't really his business, though he was glad that from sounds of it it had a positive end. He also liked the way of thinking that lost memories were not lack of the past, but the potential for the future, not that it much helped him, since his emptiness didn't come from lack of memory, but lack of life.

"I didn't ask out of worry for myself, even in the worst possible case, bees cannot do much to me, I only asked in case we stumble upon said individual, it is good to know who we are dealing with, and while in this case he sounds harmless, simpler creatures like bees are a good indicators of threat and danger, so I wanted to know what they may have sensed." it was his current nature, or lack of it, to go against threats that living creatures couldn't deal with, though calling it part of him may be misleading, since it was not from any kind of emotional motivation, and rather from what at best was a personal principle.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Trox seemed to think about it, but didn't comment further regrading his other self, he still found it unlikely they would ever meet, since as Chega had said, and as he knew from their kinds history, kobolds really knew how to not be found, even in their world, it hadn't been easy for the empires to find them,  at the time it had happened, the sisters had already reached what some called godhood, and even then the empires brute forced it by searching through every single cave they could find, blasting through any collapsed parts, and unfortunately, it didn't really matter how well you hid in that situation, since there was only so many places you could hide in in a tunnel.

Chega still wanted to hear a bit about this other world, she was a storyteller, and would eventually ask to get some material, be it vague generalizations or awfully detailed horror stories, in fact, what she had heard already was running in her mind, as a song about war ridden nation of kobolds fighting against forces of darkness was forming, not all her stories had to be accurate, after all, it was entertainment. 

She thought a moment before Responding to Onache's question "It's not black and white." she started "In general, and it stands true in all communities I'm aware of, outsiders are not really liked, we are not hostile towards them, assuming they aren't hostile first of course, the usual thing that happens when outsiders stumble upon our communities is that, we give them bit of food and water, take care of possible injuries and send them away as fast as possible, helping them find their way out. Though while helpful, the treatment isn't necessarily nice, to put it simply, you will know you aren't wanted there." 

"This however is not true every time, let's take myself for example, if I was to return with Sear, she most likely wouldn't be pushed away, the treatment could be bit cold at first, and we probably would have to live separate from my family, but her being my partner, she would become part of the community eventually, her being a dragon would also help, since from outsiders, dragons are the least disliked, it's some weird nature thing, it is being studied, but it's still a mystery."

"Then for Sheska and Trox, usually kobolds, even if they are from different community, would be welcomed with open arms, other kobolds aren't considered as outsiders, as even with the differences in cultures, certain things tend to be true for every kobold, but for you two..." she looked at the siblings "...you could end up being detained for a moment, as someone would make sure you're not some other species trying to pretend to be a kobold, being almost identical to two members of the community, but after that you'd be welcomed like any other kobold." 

she then addressed Onache directly "And while you did say it was only for their sake, I should mention that someone like you would have harder time to get a place among the community, I don't know any case of outsider being so helpful that they would have become favorable in the eyes of the community, and even while in my case Sear would probably be welcomed, we who get together with non-kobolds usually don't plan to return anyway, since there's always a reason why we left in the first place, so I have no real experience on how a non-kobold lover would be treated."  she of course didn't thing Onache was a lover of either if the siblings, she was simply stating both of the two ways she saw as the only ways outsider would become part of the community.

@Blitz Boom

"Indeed.  My chosen couriers will need to be quite study to perform their work in the dangerous and still new lands to us, of Harrowmark," the mare could quite easily agree.  Extra protections and further thought on better execution.  Being so use to working within the borders of Equestria left room for new experiences.  It was rather exciting really.  "By limiting the amount of magic we use, I was more referencing having to eliminate the convenience of simply teleporting the prepared goods out of Harrowmark.  Such activity would be to easily noticed by the O.M.I.  Lingering magics will be less of an issue.  Especially since most goods, mundane or otherwise, will have such affects."

"Worry not dear Lily.  Secrets and knowledge are my trade, and I'm quite good at it.  As much as my brother enjoys his knowledge of where I keep my household things, he is just as oblivious to my greater dealings.  Rising knows how close to the line I can get, but not cross it.  As dangerous as these books might be, they are yet illegal in the eyes of the law here in Equestria.  Besides, I'm doing my country a great service by making sure the information in them is where it needs to be and not in the wrong hoofs.  Even if that means keeping some of it out of my own hoofs," Dawn could admit.  It came as part of the trade.

"Information on long life would be rather valuable.  Could be nice to not have to ascend to Alicorn status to gain such a benefit," she chuckled.  A few more applications of make up completed her appearance.  Having turned the pretty, yet casual mare, into one that could steal the show at the Grand Galloping Gala.  A few spurts of a pink cloud from a perfume bottle doused the mare in a sweet scent.  Blowing a kiss to herself in the reflection of the mirror, "Perfection."

The collection of make up and crystal bottle of perfume filed themselves back into the opening draws to make for a clean vanity.  Reaching up, she tapped the mirror twice with her hoof, "Mother dearest, how are we coming along?" The mirror shimmer and Dawn's reflection was gone, now looking in on homely kitchen.  Grace was at the kitchen sink, washing a pair of tea cups.  "I have your father in the bath, washing the chalk out of his beard," the pegasus replied, looking up and through the mirror into Dawn's room.  "Rather a dark room, are you in one of your moods?" the mother inquired.  "Needed a change from marble," she waved dismissively.  "Mother, do pick a dress with earth tones.  It is a much better appreciated fashion in Harrowmark," she informed her mother.  Grace's brow perked, "Earth tones?  I'm not sure I've worn those in..."  "Yes yes mother, over a decade.  Trust me, I'm just as aware.  We're to make an impression.  We are the guests after all."

@Rising Dusk

On 2022-02-07 at 9:08 AM, Rising Dusk said:

"Worry not dear Lily.  Secrets and knowledge are my trade, and I'm quite good at it.  As much as my brother enjoys his knowledge of where I keep my household things, he is just as oblivious to my greater dealings.  Rising knows how close to the line I can get, but not cross it.  As dangerous as these books might be, they are yet illegal in the eyes of the law here in Equestria.  Besides, I'm doing my country a great service by making sure the information in them is where it needs to be and not in the wrong hoofs.  Even if that means keeping some of it out of my own hoofs," Dawn could admit.  It came as part of the trade.

"They are not illegal in Harrowmark either, but they will be seen as taboo, and there will be no shortage of those, who'd want for them all to be burned. Yet as gruesome as they are, they may one day be vital, if there comes an imbalance in the gods once more. His are the only tomes, that contains knowledge of how to bend the primordial magics. Grizzly as it might be, it could be necessary, if another like him rose some day.

Much as it may sound weird to you, I trust this research far more, to one from Equestria, than one of my own countrymen. Darkness is alluring for us, where as for you, it seems to be abhorred, and shunned. It will be safer here, even if will be mostly copies."

"Information on long life would be rather valuable.  Could be nice to not have to ascend to Alicorn status to gain such a benefit," she chuckled.  A few more applications of make up completed her appearance.  Having turned the pretty, yet casual mare, into one that could steal the show at the Grand Galloping Gala.  A few spurts of a pink cloud from a perfume bottle doused the mare in a sweet scent.  Blowing a kiss to herself in the reflection of the mirror, "Perfection."

"If you find a safe way to do so, I ask that you thread carefully. Even in this land of joy, I can imagine the prospect of immortality, would be enticing for many. It will likely be best to keep your cards close. Of course, if you did find a way that were kinder, I do hope you'll remember me."

The smile she gave, seemed to just cement what she had said there. She too would want to live long, though not with through stealing years from others. Another path, and she would be greatly enticed.

The collection of make up and crystal bottle of perfume filed themselves back into the opening draws to make for a clean vanity.  Reaching up, she tapped the mirror twice with her hoof, "Mother dearest, how are we coming along?" The mirror shimmer and Dawn's reflection was gone, now looking in on homely kitchen.  Grace was at the kitchen sink, washing a pair of tea cups.  "I have your father in the bath, washing the chalk out of his beard," the pegasus replied, looking up and through the mirror into Dawn's room.  "Rather a dark room, are you in one of your moods?" the mother inquired.  "Needed a change from marble," she waved dismissively.  "Mother, do pick a dress with earth tones.  It is a much better appreciated fashion in Harrowmark," she informed her mother.  Grace's brow perked, "Earth tones?  I'm not sure I've worn those in..."  "Yes yes mother, over a decade.  Trust me, I'm just as aware.  We're to make an impression.  We are the guests after all."

"If it is any consolation, what we wear, you would likely find ancient in looks. We style ourselves in practicality, and have not changed much through centuries. It were a usage of materials, that were hard to justify.

I also forgot to mention: I know your husband is a taught pony. Have he questions there, I feel certain they shall be answered, though I warn you of this: He might be asked quite a few things in return, and whatever happens, let him not wander on his own. Most are happy for what have been done for us, but some of Twisted's followers, will be less than pleased of what your son did. Think of your safety, and remain with the guards, and one another, at all costs. Leash your husband if need be., I'm certain we can convince my homeland, that it is an Equestrian tradition."

==============================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-02-06 at 11:05 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'll fly myself, we can land in some forest near our destination, I still want to hunt." She simply responded, then saying something to Charir, after which she walked out of the carriage, Charir would follow Leviathan. She sharpened her senses to make sure there was nobody nearby, and after she was sure there was nothing, she transformed, stretching a bit after, it was always nice to get out of that awful form. "Sometimes I hope someone would reveal the truth so that I wouldn't need to use that awful body anymore." 

"Some days, I hope it too. I much prefer you like this."

Leviathan would give a warm smile towards Ruby, and run a hand down the dragonesses, scaly arm. She knew Ruby wore the mantle of a pony for a reason, but it seemed so wrong at times, to see her not only reduce herself in size, but also change from her majestic visage, into something so much less impressive. Hopefully someday, she would feel comfortable being herself, or attempt to merely opt for another dragon form, albeit smaller, for a disguise. Might be Leviathan could not help, but she could at the least encourage her, and be supportive.

"They'll find this mess themselves. I think when we get to the station, we just tell them that someone attacked the carriage, and we don't know what happened to them. Not like they can prove otherwise."

Leviathan would stretch out her thing, leathery wings, and bask in the suns rays. She could really feel the wind dragon part in her, when it came to being in such confined spaces, as a train cart. It didn't feel natural to her, compared to the great, open outdoors.

==========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"It's uhm... Yes, I suppose you're right. They're simple. They view threats with simple eyes. If one tries to harm them, or in what manner they go around their hive. As well as when. I always found that they accept my presence, and what honey I do take, long as I know my limits. And make sure to care for their flowers, of course. I work at the orphanage, but bee farming have always been my passion. It's very relaxing."

It also helped the orphanage, as he tended to take home made honey with him, every now and again, to the delight of the foals. They may not have as many here, as in Canterlot - with the disasters that befell this town, that were sometimes quite a feat, honestly - but those they had, were generally happy with getting an extra treat, every now and again. Though there were not a lot left by now. Which were good, of course. The more of them got adopted, the better. Poor things had enough against them from losing their parents in the first place, or worse yet, having been removed, due to harm or neglect. The sooner they could get to loving families, the better. And he made sure to do rounds, to check up on that. If they were locally adopted.

"I too find it soothing, to live harmonically among nature. Smaller minds they may be, we have much to learn from the animals, and and insects."

"Y-Yes. Of course. It's uhm... Yes.

I hate to be a bother actually, but can I ask: have you had any sort of issues in town yes? I hope it's nothing, but well... When Zecora came here, it didn't go smoothly at first. Same with a few others. It's... I dunno. Sometimes the others can jump to conclusions."

============================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-02-06 at 11:05 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

she then addressed Onache directly "And while you did say it was only for their sake, I should mention that someone like you would have harder time to get a place among the community, I don't know any case of outsider being so helpful that they would have become favorable in the eyes of the community, and even while in my case Sear would probably be welcomed, we who get together with non-kobolds usually don't plan to return anyway, since there's always a reason why we left in the first place, so I have no real experience on how a non-kobold lover would be treated."  she of course didn't thing Onache was a lover of either if the siblings, she was simply stating both of the two ways she saw as the only ways outsider would become part of the community.

"You can ease your mind then, as I will not attempt to be the first one, to be fully accepted. My interest would be to get them there, if need be, and then leave for the surface. I am a desert dweller by nature. Being deprived of the sun for too long, would begin to make me irate. So knowing that if I get near, I will be made to leave, whilst they are escort the rest of the way, is a preferable outcome. As is it to know they would be unwelcome, but apparently not overtly physically hostile. I do not take kindly to being attacked."

None of them would know to what extend, that would entail. Every encounter Trox and Sheska had, in her presence, had included her being at worst, slightly annoyed. If she felt threatened, or in a bad mood, she could make whomever made her angry, feel the brunt of a mind being violated in ways that would make a grown dragon weep. Though were they like these others, she did not find them threatening. IN a good mood, she might simply use her magic to make the offenders bonk each other on the head, as she turned to leave. Forcing an apology would be meaningless though, as she'd know it weren't authentic. And if it weren't authentic, an apology meant nothing.

"In regards to potential acceptance, I have found that through tales, more reclusive beings have sometimes been more indulging of outsiders, if certain deeds are done. In your case, I would think something akin to stopping a flooding of the cave system. An action of magnitude in essence, which would be hard to justify not showing some degree of acceptance, and gratitude towards. Likely not still enough to reside, but might be enough to traverse.

My theories aside though, your answers have been illuminating. You have my thanks, for indulging this inquiry. Though I am surprised you did not have many in return. Then again, you may already have made some accurate assumptions. I am not certain how observant kobolds are yet. Dragons... Well, I mean no offense to you specifically, but I find a lot of those I have met, are less observant, than they perhaps should be. Exceptions to every rule though, as the saying goes."

She doubted they knew enough to know who exactly she were, even though she used her real name. Had they known that from the desert area, they would be unlikely to be as kind. And even then, they'd likely not know what sort of changeling she were exactly. Though they may know she were one. Wasn't as if she tried to hide it, all too well. Beyond wearing her disguise, that were. Would they ask, she'd answer truthfully, since really, what would they do? Attack her? They hardly seemed foolhardy like that, and it would be without reason. Though by all means, if they wanted a reason to want to hurt her, she could provide.

Hmm... Perhaps having these thoughts still, signalled her need to improve further? Most did not have such thoughts of punishment, nor would feel some degree of joy, from imagining it. She'd know. She had scoured a fifth of the heads in Ponyville thus far.

======================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-02-05 at 3:57 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“If want something from back home, you could always ask me. Freshly picked or sometimes dried fruits are probably the most I could offer. Or tea leaves and herbs. I can send you some when you are craving them, but that brick of dried leaves I brought should be good for several months. You only pinch a little bit off at a time, so it will definitely last a while.”

“And I’d love to join you while preparing food. I don’t know what that’s going to be like, but if preparing something delicious will be fun, I can’t pass up that chance. It’s going to be great! So, how about we check up on Sen and Omen? They’re probably done decorating.”

"I can assure you, that it can be quite delightful. I shall even be kind, and not treat you, as kitchen chefs have at times treated me."

Not that he blamed the majority of them really. It were a stressful environment, where a small mistake, could set them all back substantially. Everyone needed to be at the top of their game, and first and foremost, know who were in charge. Without proper, respected leadership, a kitchen would quickly fall to chaos.

"I know of some simpler dishes we can do, without a cook book, but I'd try and get hold of a proper one, that we might try something with a little more challenge too, at a point. I think there could be merit in testing yourself in a kitchen as well. Perhaps it won't go well the first few times, but when it does, there is a certain sense of pride, that one can get from doing it well.

But you're right. Let's find the others, and think further on this at another point. Perhaps they'd like to join us when it is? That might be a fun group project, after we have had some smaller practice lessons with you. For instance, you might be able to show off. And while I have grown up, with no siblings of my own, I know siblings enough through observation, to know that a majority of them, does tend to have a certain degree of rivalry. Even if only in jest."

It reminded him, that he needed to write to his brother when he had the chance, and begin communication. Stargazer likely still needed time to process everything, and see that Rosa were diligent, in making up for his mistakes, but the thestral seemed fair. Perhaps he would accept them starting slowly, and see where things might take them. Hopefully to the point, where he may end up meeting his niece proper, rather than the short introduction he had to her earlier.

There were also another he had promised to write to, yet he needed to find out, in what manner first. He could just ignore her he supposed, but he had made a promise, and he would keep his word. He had run from it enough as it were, for a lifetime.

On 2022-02-05 at 3:57 PM, EQ_Theta said:

In the meantime, Sen thought about Omen’s retort and attempted to come up with an answer. It was difficult to use a generalization because it wouldn’t apply to everyone, and Omen’s response made it challenging to explain fear in an understandable manner.

“Discord is right about fear being natural, and not everyone will respond the same way. I guess the best way I could describe fear is that it is an instinct. It is a natural way to respond to something by either running from it or fighting it. Being hostile to something unknown can also happen. Not everyone has powers to make problems go away, and a guard may not be close by to respond. Do you remember the bakery and the little cat that led us there? Shrimp hid in your mane, and I took it to mean he was scared of it. Or using another example with Shrimp, he’d blast some of his breath at someone she isn’t familiar with. That is how he shows fear.”

"Instinct is fear... Is it fear then, when I make portals, to protect others? Is that fear of them getting hurt?"

Omen would tilt her head to the side, and look both confused, and expectantly at Sen. Fear had been a thing Discord had given up on teaching her, but now she might perhaps understand a tiny bit of it, a small amount better. Though in her case, truth were that mostly, her portals weren't from fear. Just what she had been taught, and instinct. Unless when it came to protecting her friends, and Shrimp. Even if she couldn't feel it, there were  small sliver of fear, in her want to protect them. And when they'd one day die, she'd probably feel deep sadness, however muted, for the first time.

They wouldn't be standing long, before Rosa and Lin would find them.

"Hello there. Pray tell, what are you speaking of?"

"Sen is trying to teach me fear."

"I wish you luck, Sen."

=============================================================

@Kujamih

On 2022-02-05 at 5:07 AM, Kujamih said:

" aaaahh.,. rrrrgghhh!!!!" she yelped.

she was forced to close the portal and rest at the side.

but soon after, she ended up sleeping on that very spot.

"Oh... Well that wasn't the plan. What to do..."

Anomaly would put herself together proper, and would wander closer to the sleeping Cali. With a ding, a slice of wonder bread, with a chocolate spread, and a pinch of cinnamon would pop out of her mouth, and she'd try to waft it around the nose of the... Pony? Human? Interdimensional unknown entity? Hard to say what she were. Either way, if this didn't work, she'd spit the break out, where it landed on a plate that came from... Somewhere. Then she'd pour a glass of orange juice into a randomly appearing glass, , by taking the top off of her head, and tipping, so the liquid fell poured out. The glass were put next to the bread, and if still nothing, she basically just kept going, until she had a Full English Breakfast in front of Cali. With bread, of course. Couldn't forget the bread. That way, only madness laid.

If there still weren't anything, she'd just lie down, in front of Cali, and let out a sigh.

"*sigh* See, this here's why being a toaster would be so awesome. No one would be looking to you for answers. Just bread. It must be such a nice, carefree life. Not like the one you have. You seem like the sort who'd get into all sorts of tussels. And sleeping through breakfast even? Something must've really drawn on you, huh?"

On 2022-02-05 at 5:07 AM, Kujamih said:

meanwhile on Light's side.

...he awakens and have no clue where he is now.

"..... where the heck am I?" 

"*gasp* Friend is okay!"

Shark threw herself at Light, and grabbed him in a tight, loving hug. Brief as it were though, as she'd need to go up and tackle her creator, she did still go for licking Light across the face once more. A sign of endearment. He wasn't food after all, so she wouldn't just be tasting. If she were, she'd think he needed less salt.

"You save friend, special one!"

Anomaly puffed up her chest, grinning so wide, the top of her pumpkin head, nearly just popped off by itself.

"Well of course. I'm pretty awesome. And would you look at that? Not even any sorta major mutations. I must be getting good at this *control* thing, I've heard so much about."

Might be there were no mutations at all. What'd she know? She were just pouring pure life magic into the sod before. Usually she weaved that with chaos, to cause mutations. In fact, that was the main force of her magic, with the life part being stronger. Came from being technically just a half draconequui, as she had been torn into two, once upon a time. Not like she had done before, but like actually, have her torn asunder, when she were of destruction, and rebirth. Good/bad times, probably. Not like she could remember.

==============================================================

@Starforce

On 2022-02-05 at 3:19 AM, Magnolia said:

"For so long I have been searching for someone who can take my words seriously. You do. I am so very glad that you do. I am also glad that you accept me in manners that my parents did not. Where Twilight Sparkle has not acknowledged you, I am more than proud to recognize you for who you are." she paused slightly in order to allow her words to sink in for those passing moments as she processed her words and rose a hoof slightly as she thought her words over here.

"One would think, that a mare claiming to be taught and hungry for knowledge, would jump at the opportunity to heed the words of their ancestor, and visit them in this expansive place. Yet still, she lets my letters fall upon deaf ears. Sometimes I wonder if she does not believe it to be me, but some rouse. An impossibility, that there could be word, from one long passed.

To think my own descendant would be so narrow-minded, as to think death were the end... I'd rather believe her busy, or vain, that being one whom closes their eyes, upon knowledge freely on offer.

Already I find more delight in your presence, over the longing I had for hers. You hold respect for your ancestors, and a hunger for knowledge. That I could not see as I touched your very essence, to find the familiarity you claimed there to be. Yet I see it in your eyes, as I have when I gazed upon myself in one. I pray only, that I can offer some of the answers you seek."

On 2022-02-05 at 3:19 AM, Magnolia said:

"Well for a long time I was a very jealous pony. Over the years I found the ability to drain magic to increase my own. I used this for my own selfish reasons with the goal of proving myself to be better than my sister, Twilight Sparkle. I wanted her to realize who I was by force and I wanted to break her worldview in order to see mine. I had no intention of rulership, I just wanted her to realize who I was. In my eyes, she is very lost into her duties to even realize the truth of the matter. She's too focused on her position to realize her own family. But that doesn't give me the right to do what I did...I want to do it again eventually but just not in the manner I did..." she sighed, looking down to the floor in shame at her own actions but quickly snapped out of it.

"It was only because of the actions of a very generous and helpful friend did I reconsider my path from one of destruction to one of diplomacy. I gave the ponies magic back that I stole and been helping my friend ever since. I also regret not taking the time to really enjoy life and better myself. I see so many that are younger than me and I am so jealous of how young they are. I'm 30. I'm not getting any younger, it feels like I've wasted the most of my life on lonely endeavors." she spoke honestly, looking into Alluria's eyes like a filly, except her eyes had contained many a sights that none had seen in the manner such as her own.

Alluria would step forth, and took a firm grip on both sides, of Magnolia's face. She wished the mare to look into her eyes, as she said what she intended, with a serious look upon her features.

"Halt this judgement of yourself, Magnolia. You have erred, as all have, but you still have many years to come, and time to change to be better. Already you have come to the first, yet hardest steps for many: Acknowledgement, and regret. And it is not as if you had no right to feel anger. You were wronged. What left you have, that scales you upon the wrong side of karma, is now something you wish to atone for, as you thread the path you wander on. It should not take you many years, unless your life have been one devoted to slaughter, but I do not believe you to be as such. Not to such a scale, where it would taint your soul, black as tar.

And listen not, to those who would judge you, for your life were spent. The past cannot be changed, as it is. Only reflected upon, and learned from. You may not have the youth of some others, but you have experience - both good and bad - to take great wisdom from, whilst still leaving you much youth left to enjoy.

Never forget, that none are perfect. We can only strive to do as best we can. And I believe you will be better, than you give yourself credit for. If you have no faith in yourself, then I ask you to find strength, in knowing that I do. You stand not alone, my descendant."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

23 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

sigh* See, this here's why being a toaster would be so awesome. No one would be looking to you for answers. Just bread. It must be such a nice, carefree life. Not like the one you have. You seem like the sort who'd get into all sorts of tussels. And sleeping through breakfast even? Something must've really drawn on you, huh?"

Cali would drowsily wake up from her quick nap from the smell of breakfast. her vision is fuzzy, and a slight headache from her wake.

" ugh... mom? breakfast in bed?"

if Anomaly is near Cali would try to hug her. if not she would make an action that implies she wants to hug her.

meanwhile...

Light would wake up from the shock that Shark gave him.

"ufff!! shark? wh-" Light could not finished his sentence for sharks licking would give light a rush of emotions and would just and up muttering.

23 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Well of course. I'm pretty awesome. And would you look at that? Not even any sorta major mutations. I must be getting good at this *control* thing, I've heard so much about."

after hearing Anomaly, Light would snap out of his fluster and quickly point out.

" wait what!? what did you do to me!?" Light would quickly touch himself to check if Anomaly did something to his body.

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom

Alluria can feel Magnolia's soft face with her hooves and Magnolia's quivering eyes would soften as she looks into her own, listening to Alluria's thoughtful and heart warming words. Magnolia would lean closely into Alluria, and pull her in a hug in such a way that her hooves were still laid on her face.

"Where my sister has failed - I will not fail you. You can be assured of that." she spoke with honesty and respect. "I wish that she could see the sights that you have seen, and the wisdom that you have gathered as well as my lessons, so that she may truly know what she doesn't. She will realize someday, what all of this means. I want to look her in the eye as her Older Sister - not as anyone else. As I am the eldest of the Sparkle family, it should be I that has the responsibility for my siblings in a sense...but I still have yet to meet them. They may think that they can look after themselves but they for so long have not realized the truth about things. I would like to teach them that, so that they may better themselves." she spoke, smiling fondly at the thought.

Upon her further word her eyes would drip with tears ever so slightly. "I've always had faith in myself...when I was alone, I carried myself higher than most would but I will also always remember that you'll have faith in me. I've been not the greatest, but that doesn't define who I am now or who I will be going forward. M-Maybe one day I can get Twilight and Shining Armor to come here and meet you. I don't want our family to be separate anymore...it's been a long and painful separation but it is time for that to heal now. I can tell you this, that when I die, I would wish to spend my time here with you...I know I have my best friend, but you are my family...and family sticks together, right?" she asked with a small, innocent smile.

@Blitz Boom

16 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I know of some simpler dishes we can do, without a cook book, but I'd try and get hold of a proper one, that we might try something with a little more challenge too, at a point. I think there could be merit in testing yourself in a kitchen as well. Perhaps it won't go well the first few times, but when it does, there is a certain sense of pride, that one can get from doing it well.

But you're right. Let's find the others, and think further on this at another point. Perhaps they'd like to join us when it is? That might be a fun group project, after we have had some smaller practice lessons with you. For instance, you might be able to show off. And while I have grown up, with no siblings of my own, I know siblings enough through observation, to know that a majority of them, does tend to have a certain degree of rivalry. Even if only in jest."

“I’m looking forward to that. It might be fun to see things go the other way around. Sen used to be the one to teach me a lot of things, but I’d like the idea of that happening in reverse. Maybe there won’t be a rivalry, but that’s probably because we aren’t competing for anything.”

Lin may like doing fun things, but she never once thought she’d see the need to be competitive. Growing up with Sen and being part of the things he liked doing didn’t quite lead to needing to be better than him. She was just glad to be involved, and that let her learn some new things along the way. Being able to do something aside from learning was enough, and she had someone familiar for a playmate. 

Still, the idea was good, and doing something fun with a friend wasn’t going to get old. Now that she was surrounded by close friends, it could only be better. Right now, Sen was with Omen, telling her about a topic that even the longma couldn’t easily explain. 

It was an assessment proven true when Sen heard Omen’s reply, leaving him rather stumped. Even now he was examining himself and how he understood fear. How does one explain emotions when it is felt more than said? Rosa and Lin would join them soon enough with the thestral piercing the silence with his query. The longma chuckled in jest, aware of his predicament, but maybe there was a hint of clarity forming in his mind while the answer is still brewing.

“Heh. I didn’t think I’d find myself trying to explain what fear is, but I can’t just cut the conversation here. To your question, Omen, fear is an emotion, but it works like an instinct. It’s like a warning that lets you know when there’s something dangerous, and it helps you get ready to face it. The part of it that’s an instinct is how you respond. Let’s go with an example. You see Shrimp is cornered by a large and dangerous creature. You can’t get to him in time, so you prepare to get him out of there with a gate. Fear is knowing Shrimp could get hurt, and you act on that fear by rescuing Shrimp using your powers. Uh… this all makes sense to you, right?” 

@Sekel & Blitz Boom, Threadmaster

"You banged me." Kaltrops said to Dawn Streak in a lower tone of comment. "If you can mount a dragon midair, think you're far more capable than the little spark-bug here." He declared towards Dazzle with an open, pointing claw. 

"I'll have you know, Horse" He proudly proclaimed to the latter mare. "I never HAD a mother! I raised myself in the wilds by my own will, determination, and ferocity...

Well, though as Benny here said..." The young drake's hand lowered in sheepishness as tone changed and another claw instead rose to rub at his long neck. "It hadn't really occured to me to seek out others or go into town to find any other sort of life. Most I did meet seemed to prefer reacting in shock. Figured it was just easier to scare the passing merchant into giving me things then get a job in the center of ponykind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-01-15 at 11:36 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I think sir, they might be nervous because of the fire. There is a lot of things in a pony's home. Many memories, and their whole life. Seeing you set yourself ablaze, it makes them scared you're going to burn the house down. Maybe even to a point, where it gets fatal. I think if you got better at not flaring up, they'd be happy to let you inside their homes for a chat. Uhm, o-once you get to know them better, of course. That's what they said at the friendship school at least. I tried going there, but it... I g-guess it wasn't the right time.

A-Anyway, the princesses, yes. I guess it's easier to just show you."

"Well a house of friendship sounds like a great place to learn about this new stage of life we find ourselves travelling through, huh my Guide to the wide world of Horse?!" Whett Kindle grinned at Cover Up from where he still sat upon his back haunches. 

"I do suppose you're right. Kirins are storytellers, not crafters. The things we do make, we don't expect to stay around long so its likely we don't attach much often to singular objects. Probably another reason most of us have been a forgotten subset to Equestria for so long, just that we don't leave much evidence behind. We speak out long stories to relive past moments or times.... and i guess, maybe that doesn't help us move on from some issues sometimes.

It does help teach, personally. Like you shouldn't be afraid to ask strangers for help when its needed like the time my Parents had to drag me to every other hut in town in the middle of the night because my first flare-up had a bad Sulphur smell and needed a potion to cure it immediately.

I guess verbal storytelling as a cultural tradition kind of lets you be less attached to things and I... I guess that has its downsides too. Like the time my mother stomped my pet lizard because I wasn't spending enough time on my chores. Y- You learn to move on from things. 

Like I said, we make our huts with the expectation they'll burn down at some point. That physical possessions are good, but something that shouldn't weigh you down from travelling and finding new places to live in & explore. Some memorial item you keep might eventually d- break at some point, but you still keep those memories, you know."  

He stood up to smile and give the other stallion a friendly bump.

"But that's what I got you for, eh? How about we go make memories and see what this Ponyville is about that you keep mentioning?"

@Blitz Boom
Ruby didn't react to Leviathan's touch, though, if it was because she ignored it, or if she genuinely didn't notice it, that could only be guessed. 

"Yes, and if anyone asks why we didn't go report it straight away, we can just state the truth that, we have a reason to believe that someone is already coming, and since it did not involve us in any way, we have no reason to worry about it beyond that."

Ruby stretched her wings for a while, they were the part that were most uncomfortable after transformation, because they were the only part that she straight up lost in her pony form, that also had muscles and feeling. When everyone seemed ready, she would take off, and Charir would take off right after, though he would wait for Leviathan as she was the one he would follow. 

----------------------------------------------------

"No actually" Scarecrow stated "It has actually been a pleasant surprise how well everything has gone." "I'm sure someone has looked at us with suspicion but nobody has come to cause trouble." as he said it he actually remembered that someone had indeed looked at them, or well, him specifically, the weird metal guard, though he figured it was nothing, since they hadn't seen him or it since. "The reaction has mainly been surprise, as ponies are surprised to see a dryad and an Evergrown," he was faintly familiar with Zecora, he didn't know her per say, but both of them were aware of each other, both living in the forest and all, and to the ponies' defense, Zecora was a mysterious one, he could imagine someone being wary seeing her the first time, and he was pretty sure she secretly enjoyed making others question things. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody mentioned it out loud, but all four felt the last part of Onache's first statements was bit unnecessary, since it was pretty obvious that she wouldn't like being attacked, very few beings did, and only the siblings thought about what that could entail, since they knew her capability to affect minds, their line of thought quickly went to things that Nightmare Moon did to some of her victims,  this also made them wonder how much her ability to read minds would help her against a whole community of kobolds.

Onache's theory also didn't get a response other than a gesture of 'maybe', it was only maybe because flooding specifically wasn't as big of a problem to them as one would think, since they had engineered their caves in a way that flooding was considered, sure it wasn't perfect, but they always found a way to figure things out, who knows, maybe they would eventually grow gills like the one kobold species Chega and Sear had met during their travels. 

"To be blunt, Sheska and Trox are simply more interesting to me." Chega admitted "And it hasn't been hard to figure out you're a changeling queen, and while we haven't met a queen before, we have met changelings both before and after the change, so we know the basics." "Some things about the way you speak also makes me believe you were one of the...more infamous Queens, the fact that I've heard your name somewhere also imply such, though what exactly you have in your past is just that, the past." Sear explained, not seeming to take offence, she wasn't offended because as she had hinted before, she didn't really see herself as part of the rest of her kind "You're helping kobolds and that's all that matters to me, I don't care what you may have been, as only thing that matters is what you seek to be now." "But! If you do have any interesting stories from you past you feel could make a good song, I'm all ears." Chega smiled in almost goofy manner as she said it "Be it grim, scary or happy, I love a good story." she also looked towards the siblings with the last one, and they understood what she was getting at with the looks, and they didn't mind, they could share few stories with their friends no problem. 

Part of what helped the two to ignore any potential crimes of someone like Onache was it not concerning them, it may have been bit selfish, but since she had not affected their lives negatively, they had no grudge towards her, and while they had empathy towards those potentially wronged, it wasn't their place to give punishments.