Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Grace didn't at first take notice of Lily until she spoke.  On Grace's end of the communication, her kitchen window didn't offer the best of view.  A pleasant nod in Lily's direction as she took in the information she was told.  Removing the two tea cups from the rinsing water before putting them on a nearby drying rack.  Lastly taking up a rag to dry her hoofs off with.  "I'm sure I can find something appropriate in my wardrobe," Grace agreed.  Disappointing to not be able to wear something extraordinary for her son's big moment, but the circumstances in of themselves were extraordinary.

Both the mother and daughter's ears perked at Lily's suggestion.  Leashing somepony's special somepony had a different meaning than what they expected Lily meant it as.  Dawn was the first to recover and clear her throat.  "My father knows the importance of staying with the tour group.  Leashing... need not be public," Dawn cracked.  "Setting Dawn!" the mother scolded, using her daughter's full name for emphasis.  The unicorn waved her hoof dismissively, choking on a laugh preventing her from speaking.  Grace composed herself, "We'll be sure, EVERYPONY, is on their best behavior and with each other.  Thank you for your concern.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a wardrobe to plunder."  Her snoot shot skyward and she disappeared from view of the mirror.

Dawn finished her little fit and dabbed at tears that were forming in the corner of her eyes.  "Oh, what a joy," she muttered and tapped the mirror, returning it to a reflective surface.  Sliding off her stool caused it and the vanity to sink and melt back into the floor.  Still a little distracted, she wandered over to the wall, "Now which one of these is my closet?" she inquired.  Swiping her hoof through the air from left to right.  All the doors in the long house slide along the walls as if not attached.  Doors zoomed by before the unicorn until a decorated, flowery, lavender door that didn't match the rest of the room, stopped in front of her.  It opened on its own to reveal a cottage on the other side.  Well, a cottage that had been designed and made into just a giant walk in closet.  Natural sunlight beamed in from windows, taking them away from the torch and brazier firelight provided by the longhouse.  Rows and rows of racks with outfits snaked about the cottage and a dozen armoires appeared to stand in random, unorganized places. 

@Kujamih

On 2022-02-11 at 11:50 PM, Kujamih said:

Cali would drowsily wake up from her quick nap from the smell of breakfast. her vision is fuzzy, and a slight headache from her wake.

" ugh... mom? breakfast in bed?"

if Anomaly is near Cali would try to hug her. if not she would make an action that implies she wants to hug her.

A little odd, but hey, who were complaining? Way better than being attacked, so she'd go in for a hug for sure.

And then after the hug, she'd have breakfast. This were the kind of life she wanted to have.

Even during said hug, Anomaly would push the plate and juice closer to Cali, that she may soon enjoy a delicious, scrumptious meal. And then they could hopefully start over, and talk this out like adults, instead of fighting. Surely this didn't have to devolve into madness all the time, yeah?

Though if say, this were a rouse, and Cali tried to throw Anomaly off, she'd make sure to latch on tightly. She were not going to be subjected, to being trapped in a cold, lone world without magic!

On 2022-02-11 at 11:50 PM, Kujamih said:

after hearing Anomaly, Light would snap out of his fluster and quickly point out.

" wait what!? what did you do to me!?" Light would quickly touch himself to check if Anomaly did something to his body.

"Well, things were not looking too good, so we had to operate. The good news is that you're alive, though we had to remove these things."

She'd hold up a pair of legs, that would look identical to Light's front legs. They were wriggling still, as they were presented to him.

"You didn't need them, right?

Hehe, just messing. Seriously, I'm pretty sure you're fine. I didn't try to mutate you anyway, and if you find a little flaw, I'm sure that can be sorted easily. Maybe. Sorta depends what it is. Some things are just too good."

She'd toss the legs into the air, where they became two large balls of goo, that's begin to bounce away, as they hit the ground. They'd change color every time they hit the ground, from green, to purple, to yellow, etc. And much like with many other of her creations, they wandered off to find their own place in this reality.

================================================================

@Starforce

"Truer words, have rarely been spoken, my child. Family is what is the most important. Even in life, I could see this. It is regrettable that not all can understand something, which should be so apparent."

Alluria would hug her descendant further, yet her gaze would fall unfavorably upon both Soul and Macabre.

"Much as I'd wish that all the knowledge you see here, are of my design, sadly it is not. It belongs to a family whose bond lingers for further than any I had thought possible. A rich story, spanning thousands, upon thousands of years. For all my centuries here, I have yet to reach the full depths of these libraries. It feels there will forever be something to learn here. With a clear theme of death, and solidarity. The latter of which seems forgotten for some."

"I've forgotten nothing."

Soul and Macabre got caught up in a glaring match at that point it seemed. Not a word spoken, but both metting the others gaze unblinkingly. Soul's sole, exposed eye, intense and cold, whilst Macabre's gaze were unwavering, and dominant. Many lesser ponies had faltered before her stare, but it would take more than that with Soul. He didn't fear her, much as he maybe should.

At this point, Alluria would pay them no further heed, and end the embrace with Magnolia. She even took a step back, and looked once again, very seriously at her descendant. Something which she said, had to be addressed, even if this were a somber moment, that she did not personally wish to end either. Yet there were a need for this, and she could not in good consciousness, let it be left hanging, that it might be forgotten.

"Child, heed my words, and understand I mean nothing wrong with them: I hope I shall never gaze upon you in these halls, when your life are at an end.

You see splendor, and joining with a family member, who revel in ancient knowledge. Yet the truth is, that I did not stay here by choice. I am trapped upon this realm, unable to wander to the promised lands beyond. The only reason I am here, is to find a path forward, hidden somewhere within these tomes.

After my death, I were not visited like most are, by a reaper. For reasons unfathomable, I were left alone. Just a soul, stuck in a world she could no longer interact with.

I wandered for over a century in this misery, seeking answers, but none came. Not even the reapers that I did see, deigned me with as much a a glare. You cannot fathom how it is. To be invisible, to all but other whom are dead, and seeing most of them be taken to what comes next. Be it Elysium or Tartarus, at least they would have something."

She were obviously annoyed, as she said these words, but would restrain herself. She were not going on a tantrum in front of her descendant. It were undignified.

"In any case, I were eventually found, by the then Madamme Macabre. Not this one, if you wonder. It is a title they inherit, when they become the matriarch of the clan. This one were centuries prior to her, and came, as she heard my wails. She could not offer answers, but she did think there to be a place, where I might be able to scour one. So I were offered to come here, and freely read every tome they had, and would in time make. Researching into an answer, to find why some were left behind intentionally. The only word I had to give, were that I would offer freely, the knowledge, if I could find the answer.

It have been enlightening years, but this existence, is not something you should endure. None should be in the position, that even this clan, cannot find a way to help you pass on. It is a cruel existence, and when you in time find your end, I should hope that your path takes you to Elysium. And that one day, I may join you, and all who came before you there. Though some have gone to Tartarus, definitely. Your... Ah, what must it be? Great, great, granduncle, I would think. His name were Glitter Sparkle, and I doubt you will ever find mention of him, in any family tomes that might remain. The less said of him, the better.

When you yet live though, I would be pleased to have your company, at least for a time. Yet life exists to live it. You must in time, find your path to enjoy your own years. That path includes confronting those, who left you behind. As well as the siblings, whom may know little of you. If you fear doing so alone, you can always bring them to me. I would enjoy seeing more of my descendants. Even those who'd need a verbal thrashing, the likes of which have not been seen, since Princess Celestia went to confront the pegasi, who believed it fun to follow her sun with clouds for days on end."

===================================================================

@Widdershins @Sekel

On 2022-02-13 at 3:38 AM, Widdershins said:

"I'll have you know, Horse" He proudly proclaimed to the latter mare. "I never HAD a mother! I raised myself in the wilds by my own will, determination, and ferocity...

Well, though as Benny here said..." The young drake's hand lowered in sheepishness as tone changed and another claw instead rose to rub at his long neck. "It hadn't really occured to me to seek out others or go into town to find any other sort of life. Most I did meet seemed to prefer reacting in shock. Figured it was just easier to scare the passing merchant into giving me things then get a job in the center of ponykind."

"To be fair, that Is how the stereotype is with dragons. And for good reason. With the way dragons looks at us ponies, it tends to be like that. Comes from the whole animosity between us, for whatever reason. I mean, I know these days, it's down to old grievances, but what started it all? Seemingly nopony knows. It's just this thing now, for some reason. And have been for who knows how long.

Not much point in lamenting the issues of the past though, right? Things are getting better now, and are changing. It can for you too. Just have to start with you figuring out what you like to do, and then see if you can make a career out of it. It might surprise you what your skills can transfer over into.

Come on. What sorta things are you good at. Don't be shy. I know you're just bursting to tell, hehe."

====================================================================

@Widdershins

"We have a lot of verbal storytelling too, in my culture. At least I've been told that's the case. Most books were dedicated to spellbooks of some kind, or religious texts. Old heroes and villains- Important, historical things. Most regular things, were told from mouth to mouth. Which I hear were easier in Harrowmark, since some of the storytellers had been around for a long time, due to them being undead. We have a lot of fire too, but that's more related to the undead, so ergh... Y-Yeah. I know it's a taboo in Equestria to talk about death, so it's... It's a little hard sometimes for me, to connect with others, when it's such a big part of the culture I grew up in.

Not that I've ever seen a zombie myself. The elder said that Equestria wasn't seething with dark magic, like our homeland were, so they didn't just rise up like that here. And even if we were mostly left alone, we had to follow some laws. Apparently, creating undead, was a big no no. I saw a lot of drawings though. There's a lot more kinds of undeath, than Equestria have the imagination for.

B-But anyway, I uhm... You wanted to see Ponyville, yes? I can show you. Just... Small steppes, yes? We start at the outskirts, just in case you flare up and uhm... W-Well you know, something happens. Best if there's an easy escape, sir."

Hopefully nothing would happen, and he were just being paranoid. But it were hard to say for certain, yes? Best not to take too many chances.

As such, he'd lead him to the outskirts of town, with nothing in the area, seemingly interested in engaging with him at first. Animals that were, though some locals would turn their heads and look surprised, as he came into view.

The outskirts he had taken them towards - which required walking a further distance - would lead into a relatively unlived in area. More a place of some barns on one hoof, and fields along with them, and then on the other, the path leading into the city, with some general housing. The shopping areas were further in, and the school of friendship, and well as the castle, were easily visible from here too. Good markers, if you went looking for something, and needed directions.

"Well uhm... Welcome to Ponyville. Well, part of it, I guess. But you can see the town soon from here. Let's just try and walk in nice and easy, y-yes?"

Three steps later, a voice would come from the side, and let out a drawn out whistle. If they turned to look, they'd see a yellow coated farm pony, chewing on a straw, and looking the odd pair over, that had just steppe3d into town. Didn't seem like he were judging or nothing, just a bit uncertain on what this were all about.

"Well ain't that somethin'? A lil painted up sort, and some sorta pony dragon? Sure's a lotta odd visitors we're gettin' these days.

You alright there? The little one's looking a bit unnerved."

Time to see if things could go well. First attempt, commencing.

=====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Since we have that all sorted then,  let's take flight. I could do with some wind in my scales again."

Flying along, there'd hardly be given a look to them, from whatever pegasi and such, got within eyesight. The few who did, did the smart thing, and stayed at a distance, seeing how Ruby were big enough to stomp them flat, or toss them far away. So they were given some space, which Leviathan at least enjoyed. The dragoness humming along, as she flew and did a few tricks through the air. Including summoning some rings of mist, and doing a corkscrew spin through them. A bit of her air dragon side that shone through here, showing in her more aloof and playful side, when she were in the mood for it. And right now, she weren't really bummed out. They'd had an interesting show, and had some riches in wait soon, just for relaying a message. All good things.

She might end up missing the bird some, eventually. But for now at least, she'd try and enjoy things, while they had the chance. She'd even fly back, and fly circles around Charir at one point. In a direction going from his midsection, over his left, to above his head, and down the right side. A spacious circle too, sos he didn't interrupt him. It'd probably confuse him some, but she were in a playful mood. They could indulge an old lady a little.

Wouldn't be all that long before they got to the forest near town, that would become a hunting ground for Ruby. At which point, Leviathan would speak up.

"And here we have the buffet. Anything particular, that you and Charir would fancy? Bear? Fish? Chimera? Cockatrice? Maybe some boar?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"That's uhm... Yes, good. Good good good. Suspicion, but not acting on it. It's not ideal, but well, better than acting on it, yes? Zecora, a lot just ran from, and shut their doors, just from her walking into town. Took the endorsement of the princess to really get them to give her a chance."

"Your princess is revered well, here in this town. Her opinion must carry much weight to you all."

"Well, yes. Her and her friends, have done a lot to help out, and especially Princess Twilight, have done well in making peace with old enemies, and deal with troublesome ones that came back. It helps to cause more of a peace. So less children of any race, becomes orphans to the conflicts... B-But uhm, to your point, yes. Their opinions means a lot to most ponies in town. If they like you, there's hardly any who won't give you a chance. Especially the princess. She have dealt with many things herself, and then there's all those books she have. It makes most of us think she knows what she's doing. W-Well, think and think. We're sure that she does. Some are just harder to believe, like the dragons."

"The atatzi speaks rarely of ponies, where I hail from. The things they say though, were most unkind. As were words from pony kind, when I heard them speak of our scales friends. I have come to find there is much more to things, when you accept them both."

"Uhm... Atatzi?"

"We did not know them as dragons, where I came from. To us, they were the noble atatzi. Protectors of our vale, and allies in our younger years. Brutish in a sense, but we were in harmony with them."

"Huh... Well I guess I learned several new things today.

You might too. I don't know why, but there have been more unusual creatures around than usual these last few weeks. A few draconequui for once, though I think they're all gone. Except Discord, but I'm never sure where he might be. He's not so bad, once you get to know him. The orphans likes his antics at least.

Have you met him yet? I could perhaps give you some warnings then, in advance. It's not all that are used to dealing with draconequui."

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-02-13 at 1:52 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Nobody mentioned it out loud, but all four felt the last part of Onache's first statements was bit unnecessary, since it was pretty obvious that she wouldn't like being attacked, very few beings did, and only the siblings thought about what that could entail, since they knew her capability to affect minds, their line of thought quickly went to things that Nightmare Moon did to some of her victims,  this also made them wonder how much her ability to read minds would help her against a whole community of kobolds.

Onache could give an answer to that, but it were best if the question never came up. Few felt comfortable being around her, if they knew how she could affect minds on a broader scale. Taking care of doing a proper rewrite took time, and were usually something that had to be done against one or two at a time, but she had ways to deal with a larger group. A more general command, such as *Kneel* or *Fight for me*. Something which would not work on all of course. Were the mind steadfast, it would not work as great, but the pressure of her magic were not something a weakened, feeble, or wandering mind were steeled enough to handle. Communities had seen her enter the fray, during an invasion before, and turn half the fighting force on their former allies, then strengthen her bonds, when the realisation of what they had done, entered their minds.

She were rightfully feared. And would any of them come to claim justice, Equestria would have a hard time fighting against the extradition orders, without being seen as morally bankrupt. At least as it stood now. Onache had a lot of redemption to catch up on, to make up for things such as that. Though it'd be easier to do, if others knew not the details of her escapades. It'd just breed mistrust.

"To be blunt, Sheska and Trox are simply more interesting to me." Chega admitted "And it hasn't been hard to figure out you're a changeling queen, and while we haven't met a queen before, we have met changelings both before and after the change, so we know the basics." "Some things about the way you speak also makes me believe you were one of the...more infamous Queens, the fact that I've heard your name somewhere also imply such, though what exactly you have in your past is just that, the past."

"So you did catch on to the things I said then. Good. It gives me some further idea of how observant I should think kobolds to be.

As for your position on my potential past, it pleases me that we are on the same page, though it isn't as if I fear much from the locals currently. Their minds are easily swayed, when it comes to trusting others."

As well as several other things. Alas, she cared little about that right now, and at this point, wished to push things a small bit further in fact. A little test if you would, though she stood ready to correct things, if it caused issues around them.

A magical flame engulfed her, and soon after, she stood in her now true form.

2uHij2p.jpg

Her first thought, as they spoke on, were on how the locals would react. So she scoured as she listened, and barring a few that had an initiate thought of being riled up - which she defused easily - the general consensus appeared to be either ignoring her, or curiosity. Interesting... She'd need to take this into consideration, for the future. Might be she'd be able to get used to this oddly fluffy form, elsewhere than merely her desert. Maybe also entice the gullible population, by seeming more open and honest.

"You're helping kobolds and that's all that matters to me, I don't care what you may have been, as only thing that matters is what you seek to be now." "But! If you do have any interesting stories from you past you feel could make a good song, I'm all ears." Chega smiled in almost goofy manner as she said it "Be it grim, scary or happy, I love a good story." she also looked towards the siblings with the last one, and they understood what she was getting at with the looks, and they didn't mind, they could share few stories with their friends no problem. 

"I am seeking to assist them, and have no ill will intended for doing so. Of that you can be certain. As for stories, I have plenty to share, yet I doubt you'd like most of them. Still, I could give a glimpse, if you'd let me show you a memory?"

If they did not, she wouldn't. Though if agreed - and that offer were also for Sheska and Trox - she'd share a memory with them. Wasn't really hard to project one of her own into the heads of others, when you could do what she did. Though it took more effort, and infringed upon her own privacy, sos he rarely did this. She also couldn't manipulate her own memories when she shared them, so they'd be truthful. For better or worse.

The one she'd show, would be seen through her eyes, as she wandered calmly through somewhere underground, with nigh light, beyond what came from the glowing gems on the walls.

As it were from her eyes, it wouldn't take long to see that she were walking around an egg chamber. Hundreds of pulsating cocoons, filled with potential new lives, yet there were no fluttering or busywork around. There were just her, in stone cold silence.

Her hoof, dark and holes, would be brought forth, and gently caress down the shell of the egg. A tender hoof, shaking slightly for reasons not yet known. Then suddenly, her voice would come through. The only sort of manipulation to the memories she could do. That os a narrator, or commentator, to try and give context to what were about to be seen.

"When prey is scarce, a queen have to choose. Let them hatch, and condemn others, or the nymphs, to mind death from starvation. Or spare them of the pain, and save whom you already have."

The next part, were her horn lighting up with an intense purple hue, before pulverizing the egg. Then again, and again, rapidly all over the room, whilst a low, pained scream forced its way out of Onache, in the memory. She wouldn't show more than a few seconds of this though, before ending the memory. She did not like to dwell on it any more, than she had to.

"The lesser known sacrifice, that queens have to make. And the reason why most hunt so relentlessly. What to ponies seem cruel, is for us survival. Both of those who are, and those who could come. I have other things I could show you, but those present me in a light I'd rather were forgotten. A new age, should not bear old scars."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-02-12 at 4:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I’m looking forward to that. It might be fun to see things go the other way around. Sen used to be the one to teach me a lot of things, but I’d like the idea of that happening in reverse. Maybe there won’t be a rivalry, but that’s probably because we aren’t competing for anything.”

"Is that so? Seems I jumped to conclusions then. Still, there is much fun one can have, with a friendly competition. Like that of Sen and myself, during the carnival. It can rouse a bit of fire, to perform your best. As well as bragging rights, which can be a reward in and by itself.

Jesting aside, I look forward to seeing how all will do, when we traverse into the kitchen. I imagine it may well end up being quite fun. Though it will likely be a planned event, as we appear to have a filled schedule for the next few days, more than likely."

On 2022-02-12 at 4:26 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Heh. I didn’t think I’d find myself trying to explain what fear is, but I can’t just cut the conversation here. To your question, Omen, fear is an emotion, but it works like an instinct. It’s like a warning that lets you know when there’s something dangerous, and it helps you get ready to face it. The part of it that’s an instinct is how you respond. Let’s go with an example. You see Shrimp is cornered by a large and dangerous creature. You can’t get to him in time, so you prepare to get him out of there with a gate. Fear is knowing Shrimp could get hurt, and you act on that fear by rescuing Shrimp using your powers. Uh… this all makes sense to you, right?” 

As if on queue, Shrimp would let out a yawn, and stir a little further. He had been taking another nap, after the situation downstairs, but all the talking had him less able to rest, and now awake. In a better mood than last time at least though, so he just looked around and gave off a few pleased chirps.

"Not wanting Shrimp to be hurt, is fear. Same with friends?"

"It is an aspect of fear, yes. If you don't want another to be struck, and do everything to protect them, that means you are afraid they'd get hurt."

"I thought that was instinct. Very strange."

"It's both, really. It's your instinct to be afraid for them. It's the same with those who jump in front of their foals, when someone runs for them attempting to harm them. Your... Ah, how do I put this... Blessing and curse, is that you react promptly on your fear, but you don't feel it enough, to where it changes your actions. You don't get nervous, or stop to think about if you're doing the right thing. It can help you keep your head straight, but... Well, I think it is best we teach a lesson on this later. I might know of a visual novel we can make use of, since she understands this aspect of it now.

Just for now, think of what Lin said. We'll talk about these sorts of things when you've thought over that for a few days, okay?"

"Yes. Thank you, Lin?"

It seemed the right time to thank Lin then, so she'd do so. Whilst looking at her. She saw ponies do that, among other things, and she were trying to imitate them as best she could. Which were going better day by day, after meeting Sen, and subsequently the rest of the gang. Which now currently had her with a flock of friends, in a normal house, getting tutored. Master Discord would've never believed her, had she said this would one day happen.

"That's good, then... Excuse me, Omen? Pray tell, have you been the one to place the figurine on the toilet lid?"

"Yes. I know they are important to ponies."

"I... *sigh* I can hardly argue with that. I'll make sure to put it back on top of the lid, after every usage of the toilet."

"How do you use a toilet? Can I watch?"

Rosa opened his mouth to say something to that, but found nothing but air were willing to leave his mouth. he simply did not have words to express, over a question so innocent, and yet so unintentionally loaded. Even though he well knew, she just didn't know what it were used for, and had likely thought it a bench, or minor shrine of some sort.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia would embrace her ancestor as long as she had wanted to and when she pulled away she wouldn't object to it, and just simply stand there and take in what Alluria had said. It felt very displeasing for Soul and Macabre to be in the presence of such an intimate conversation. A slight disapproving glare was sent in their direction from Magnolia, making her thoughts clear without saying a word. Within Magloria's eyes and expression, there was a clear similarity between her and Alluria. They were family after all. 

The glare towards the other two would laugh only about half a second before she'd stand there - ready to take in and accept the information that Alluria was going to reveal to her. Magnolia's face would visibly change into one of shock upon Alluria's 'condition' as it were. It was most unfortunate that Alluria wasn't able to go into Elysium like she so deserved, but remained stuck in the mortal world. But if she hadn't been stuck, Magnolia wouldn't have been able to get the answers that she needed. She didn't know what killed her inside more. It was definitely hard for her digest and she looked into Alluria's eyes more, with utmost sympathy and respect.

"...I see. I was actually going to ask how a spirit such as your own still remained here, but either way - I hope that my presence shines a light on your presence here. While I am a pony of shadows in many aspects, I hope that I can be the light for you...because you deserve that and so much more. I promise you that one day I will bring my parents here. My sister, and my brother. I hope that one day, I can present them before you and show them the truth...I know Twilight is an avid reader, as an Alicorn Princess I would wager that she has a lot of resources at her disposal. Maybe with the combined effort of our finally...we can find a way to get you to pass on peacefully to Elysium." Magnolia suggested, attempting to choose her words carefully.

"This can be more of a re-union than I thought. Not only with my siblings, but also re-uniting them with you in a sense of manner. That way, hopefully this family can heal more...both with knowing your knowledge and my own. I know that may be wishful thinking but either way I have to actually get out there and find my siblings. It will be a long and difficult journey to even get there and find myself in their presence, but when I eventually do, I will speak good of you and one of these days I will bring them here. I will be the one to bring our family again. We will find answers if you can not, before then. I hope we can." she smiled in a hopeful manner, hoping that this was possible.

@Starforce @Blitz Boom

Before letting go from the hug, Cali would kiss her mom at the cheeks and embed a small shard.

"Thanks mom..." Cali would then eat her breakfast and listen to anomaly, thinking she was her mom.

Meanwhile at Lights side...

" Did you remove my shards!?" 

The chances that anomaly removed it would be pretty high, because it would have obstructed her from operating and also would find out that the said shards would be the reason of her pain.

As the bouncing weird balls go the distance, Light could only wonder and fear...

" We're did that go?.... Where are those going!" 

Edited by Kujamih

@Widdershins & @Blitz Boom

DAWN STREAK & DAZZLE GLEAM

Dawn could only shut herself up, choosing instead to merely grumble and try to hide behind Kaltrops even further to hide her embarrassment. She didn't want to know how Pop and Benny were reacting to Kaltrops' double entendres but Dawn herself was not having a good day of it.

"You know, I don't think you're good for a fig-" Dazzle managed to tell Kaltrops before scrunching her nose cutely at Long Stare poking her muzzle. She had never felt that before and was unsure of what to do so she ended up stammering and looked at her new friend with the same cute scrunched up expression. "Wh-what was that for?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"No, thank you," Aurora sighed heavily. "I can already transform into different creatures. I don't need to actually be them too." While it had enticed her at one point or another, Aurora had indeed settled into being a griffin and then being changeling, and then being a new changeling queen so for the moment, it was hard to say if she actually wanted one of the mutations the draconequus was offering. "Lulu, do you want anything from this dimension? Happy would probably want more of that weird happy juice he likes slinging and Flaxx ... well ... as far as I can tell Flaxx is being normal."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Whoa, this place looks like a bomb hit it," Karmic said in complete surprise, her eyes widening at their new surroundings. "Wait. We're talking with a filly that can explode things. Of course a bomb hit it."

"You got that right," Atzy chittered her laughter, sounding like a cricket rubbing it's legs together, and decided to pick the filly up and fly down towards her workshop. "Why not give us the grand tour?"

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Well, since the four of us are going on another adventure, it's probably best to stock up on food, water, and various supplies to help us along the way. The Moonlit Thicket, which I think is the closest one to us, is still a fairly long hike," Twilight told the group after studying the map with a quizzical expression. It kept her mind off the present situation with Cherish and she hoped she wouldn't have to think of it unless she absolutely had to. Like when talking with Madame Macabre or one of her clan but that bridge will get crossed when they get to it.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(I think you got the names mixed up here. No worries though; no harm done.)

On 2022-02-16 at 9:21 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"It's both, really. It's your instinct to be afraid for them. It's the same with those who jump in front of their foals, when someone runs for them attempting to harm them. Your... Ah, how do I put this... Blessing and curse, is that you react promptly on your fear, but you don't feel it enough, to where it changes your actions. You don't get nervous, or stop to think about if you're doing the right thing. It can help you keep your head straight, but... Well, I think it is best we teach a lesson on this later. I might know of a visual novel we can make use of, since she understands this aspect of it now.

Just for now, think of what Lin said. We'll talk about these sorts of things when you've thought over that for a few days, okay?"

"Yes. Thank you, Lin?"

“There’s no need to rush, Omen. We’ll go along at your pace, and when you want to continue talking about this, we’ll be ready. Though I think we may be getting a little mixed up here because I was just with Rosa. Sen is the one you should be thanking.”

“You’re welcome, and don’t hesitate to ask some more when you’re ready. We’re here to help.”

Sen smiled and nodded, affirming his desire to continue assisting her. This was quite an unexpected teaching moment, but the longma may have also learned how to articulate himself a little better. Big subjects like this aren’t going to get easier to talk about, but he had to try. In a way, it also gave him some understanding of the topic itself. 

However, the next question really made things awkward. The siblings looked to each other, then back at Omen with mortified looks on their faces. The kind that would be plastered on to anyone who heard something scandalous. However, this was Omen, and a combination of naïveté and curiosity somehow made this whole situation expected and unexpected at the same time. How that even works, the siblings couldn’t tell; perhaps there are things that just happen, and this is one of them.

Lin couldn’t even decide whether to chuckle or remain silent. As awkward at this whole situation has become, innocence was something oddly endearing.

“Uh… Omen? When someone says they are going to the toilet, they usually want some time alone to, eh… relieve themselves. Discord didn’t tell you about this?”

“Rosa?” Lin whispered, only keeping herself audible within earshot of the thestral. “I know you’ve got a right to privacy, but I’m thinking we should also try to let Omen down gently after we try explaining this to her.”

It certainly felt like everyone were treading on eggshells with a topic as delicate as this. Though this may not be on the level of offensive as other mattes that require a more tactful approach, it might come off as an odd thing for Omen. Odd in a sense that they all had weird looks on their faces, the room suddenly fell silent, and their friend might have picked up on these signs just as easily as everyone else sensing how awkward things became. 

@Starforce

On 2022-02-16 at 11:43 PM, Magnolia said:

"...I see. I was actually going to ask how a spirit such as your own still remained here, but either way - I hope that my presence shines a light on your presence here. While I am a pony of shadows in many aspects, I hope that I can be the light for you...because you deserve that and so much more. I promise you that one day I will bring my parents here. My sister, and my brother. I hope that one day, I can present them before you and show them the truth...I know Twilight is an avid reader, as an Alicorn Princess I would wager that she has a lot of resources at her disposal. Maybe with the combined effort of our finally...we can find a way to get you to pass on peacefully to Elysium." Magnolia suggested, attempting to choose her words carefully.

"Your sister is a taught mare indeed. It is for that reason, that I have been more insistent in my correspondence to her, over most others I attempt to reach out to. It have been disheartening then, to find her ignore my words in full, but mayhap I will yet get the chance to scold her for that. Princess or not, she is but a filly, and I have no qualms with telling her what I think of this negligence.

But that is not for you to worry about. Focus on connecting with them first. I am quite literally, not going anywhere. I have been in this town for so long, I can no longer leave its borders unaided."

On 2022-02-16 at 11:43 PM, Magnolia said:

"This can be more of a re-union than I thought. Not only with my siblings, but also re-uniting them with you in a sense of manner. That way, hopefully this family can heal more...both with knowing your knowledge and my own. I know that may be wishful thinking but either way I have to actually get out there and find my siblings. It will be a long and difficult journey to even get there and find myself in their presence, but when I eventually do, I will speak good of you and one of these days I will bring them here. I will be the one to bring our family again. We will find answers if you can not, before then. I hope we can." she smiled in a hopeful manner, hoping that this was possible.

"This it is good to hear. Ambition, and a goal, that flares you with the fires of determination. If there is any way I might aid you, know that I will do my outmost to do so.

My word of advice, my descendant? Do not fear being in their presence, and do not get consumed with anger. Go to them with the thought that you are family, and that they will welcome you. They may dash such hopes, but thinking it will fail before you even attempt, is doomed to only prove you right. Be confident. You are deserving of their time, as they are of yours.

As for you two-"

She would turn, and gaze at the two fools, still starring one another down.

"Speak up, or leave this room. You are souring our reunion."

"I said my part, time and time again, and it's all been on deaf ears. I know I did the right thing, and I'll never show remorse for that.

Good luck with your mission, Magnolia."

Soul would turn to leave, and would be halfway to the door, before Macabre would finally open her mouth.

"You never understood, did you?"

He halted, and turned to look at Macabre, with some disbelief, and anger in his eye.

"What?"

"Your banishment. Why I did it."

"It is not as if you ever told him. Stubborn matriarch."

"I know why. I broke your rules. Even if they were letti-"

"You think I never cared about Banshee, and Boo? They're my grandfoals, and I was watching them die as much as you were. Had I a choice, I would've saved them in a heartbeat."

He'd stomp down, and raise his voice.

"You had a choice! But you refused to make the call, so I did. I saved them, and for that, you threw me out like garbage!"

She did not raise her voice, but she did lower her gaze briefly, just to resume starring at him with a pained expression, he had not expected.

"I were scared, and hurt, Soul. I wasn't thinking rationally.

The power you took, it's corrupting. It destroys those who use it, and there wasn't even any guarantee it would work. For me, I went from seeing two of my grandfoals dying, to be about to bury three, and I couldn't... I couldn't watch you die too. It was too much, and then we came to words. I should've never thrown you out, and I regretted doing that ever since."

"Then why didn't you ever say that?"

"Because I'm a stubborn old fool. One of many traits we share, grandson."

Soul would lose his fire, and the anger on his face. No words would even come from him, as he wandered over, and for the first time in years, embraced his grandmother.

"I was about ready to tie them both together, until they had resolved this. Think of this, Magnolia. A display of what being too stubborn, and sticking to your ideals can do, when reaching a hoof out can be all it takes. Not that it always work, but there should not be burned bridges, before one sees if they can be thread upon first. You may well get surprised."

===============================================================

@Kujamih

On 2022-02-17 at 3:56 AM, Kujamih said:

"Thanks mom..." Cali would then eat her breakfast and listen to anomaly, thinking she was her mom.

"Awh, don't worry sweetie. Now you go eat your breakfast, and lemme know if you're missing anything, okay?"

Apparently, the mare had become delusional now, and thought that she were her mother. Not what Anomaly figured were going to happen, but hey, she'd roll with it. Seemed like fun. She'd even peck a kiss back on Cali's forehead, to live into the role. How a pumpkin head got lips? That stuff sounded like logic. Couldn't have that stuff here. Nothing bad bad karma there-

Anomaly would provide other things for the breakfast, if asked. Sure she wished to be a toaster first and foremost, but like, a magical one, so she could prepare even more breakfast stuff. She really, really needed to have a chatter with her original about this when she got back. She didn't want to get reabsorbed.

"So, how's your day been?"

On 2022-02-17 at 3:56 AM, Kujamih said:

" Did you remove my shards!?" 

The chances that anomaly removed it would be pretty high, because it would have obstructed her from operating and also would find out that the said shards would be the reason of her pain.

As the bouncing weird balls go the distance, Light could only wonder and fear...

" We're did that go?.... Where are those going!" 

"Well, I didn't remove them per se, it was more like I was pumping you full of life magic, and they popped out like soap underhoof. What are they anyway? Some sorta war injury? They feel odd."

Light could look at the balls bouncing, though if he kept his eyes on the right one, his gaze would invariably land on Shark's eyes, who were so close, she could almost touch his own eyes with her nose. Briefly though, as she were wandering about and smelling him fully, to try and see if she could smell some sort of injury, or other wrongness. She had seen him get hurt real bad twice now after all. She got concerned.

"And where's... Ooooh, the baubles? They're just gonna go bouncing around. They're totally harmless, and not like, slimes or anything. They'll just keep jumping about like this until they hit water, then turn into eels, or something. Sorta depends how many times they bounce, and shake up the genetic bowl that's ruffling in them. Nothing to worry about. Probably. It certainly won't be intentional, that's for sure."

===========================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

It hadn't been Stare, that poked her nose. The mare had poked the hybrids side with her muzzle, like a dolphin booping someone. Whatever had hit her nose, were likely a leaf, of a piece of string flowing by. Maybe Benny's tail, as he moved about. It wasn't always he had as good control over it, when he wasn't paying attention.

"I just want you to please stop taunting him. I don't think it will end well, and it won't look good if the authorities had to come in to break up a fight. Also, the store might be damaged, and Pop is a nice mare. She shouldn't have to deal with that."

"I'm with her, all the way. This here's her life work. Besides, no offense to anypony living here, but the local ponies here can be a little narrow-minded with accepting new sights. If peaceful, they're open to trying to accept new things... These days... But if the first of it they see are say, an attack, things get iffy. You're looking like a good kid, Dazzle. I wouldn't want you to be marked like that.

Besides, if you beat up Kaltrops, I think his pride would immolate. He reminds me enough of my brother to get the same vibe, and the time mom showed him his place, he was naaaasty to be around, for months. Not picking sides. Just saying, whoever wins, it'd get ugly. I mean, I lose fights, and even I get a little miffed. It's just a dragon thing, y'know? Worse with fire aligned ones for sure though. What I said earlier about us being really emotional and all that? Combine that with draconic pride, and you got a cocktail of grumpy. It'd be a shame to ruin such a nice day."

===============================================================

@Sekel

"More weird juice, eh? I mean, I wouldn't mind. Hard to find a good pumpkin drink, y'know? And this here's A grade stuff. Seriously, good work on that, Anomaly."

"Awh, well ain't you a sweet little pony? Here, have one for the road."

She'd snap her tail, and a small barrel, the size of a proper bar mug, would manifest to Happy's side, and get strapped in with vines. Got him off balance for a bit, but he would manage not to stumble. Weren't a proper barrel after all, though it did feel heavier than it looked.

"Mighty kind of ya. Thanks."

As for Lulu, she'd have already taken what she wanted. Which meant some lose scales, feathers and hair from around them, as they walked in, and a few plant samples. It'd probably be nothing, but she knew someone who'd like this, that she owed several favors. Might amuse her to have some draconequui-addled samples.

"I'm quite alright, thank you. Flaxxy? Are you prepared to leave. Fla- Hey! Don't get ideas."

Flaxxy were looking up at Henry, in complete and utter silence, with a thoughtful, yearned look. Up until Lulu came over and shook in her, at which point she'd get out of her trancelike state.

"Hey, I is fine. Just... Look at this. Big. Very. Looks strong."

"Just because he's big and strong, doesn't mean you have to challenge him."

"Yeah, my little brother would kick your rear!"

Lulu would look over towards the cheering little pixie creature.

"Do not encourage her."

"*whimper* ...Okay... Me can go. But will come back other time, and show Flaxxy is strongest in all of special forest."

Sounded like all of them were ready to depart.

=========================================================

@Sekel

"A bomb? hehehe. Silly sillies. Many bombs hit it. Only the tiny ones though. I have a better place I tested bombs. Big, barren place. No chance of settings things on fire. This is just where I tried the fun things. Like fireworks, and small tinker things."

She'd wriggle slightly as she were being carried down to the ground, from atop Enzo, whom would follow them closely with his eyes. He did not wish to see harm brought to this filly, and he assumed the risk of accidentally dropping her, were not out of the picture. Though he doubted they would intentionally bring her harm. Neither seemed the type, to wish harm upon a young one, such as this.

When they got tot he ground, Blitz would pick up a large stick that was next to the workshop, and use it to poke in under the door. A very faint click was heard, and then she'd put the stick back where she had put it before.

"Have to keep it safe, of nasty things goes looksie around. That's why there's itchy powder at the door."

With the trap now diffused, she'd open the door, and show a... well, a sort of orderly mess, one could say. A fair bit of boxes stashed against the wall of the one room, small workshop. Some barrels too, but most of them empty. Same with the crates, or holes where crates had been meant to stay. Seemed like some things had been moved already.

"This is where I worked, until big bro found me. We took the bestest things with us, but still some fun things here."

============================================================

@Sekel

"Does the train not drive anywhere near that place? I don't understand much of that odd thing, but it drove in supplies from afar, when we rebuild and strengthened the buildings. I were told there is also passengers, and they get to various towns? Is there not another closer to here?"

There were. A stop mid-route, after Canterlot. Was about a three mile walk from there, down a forest path. As they had carnivals and other events, to keep revenue going, they needed easy access. So they had the small station added, after making a deal with Canterlot, some years back, to allow easy access back and forth. It helped the tourists, and was well worth the negotiation price, in the Thicket's opinion, since they got most of their revenue from tourists.

"Krrhzzx. I know not what a *train* is, but I know your kind. This town fears me. And rightfully so. They will not let me near whatever that *train* is. But I can follow it. Nothing escapes me."

"Not unless you die, anyway. As for supplies, I still advise it, even if there is a train. If not, we'll need more .I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it, and not have it.

I'm used to live off of small rations. What about you, your majesty? And don't think about the bug. You don't want to know what they eat, but she's sated."

=================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-02-17 at 2:56 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“There’s no need to rush, Omen. We’ll go along at your pace, and when you want to continue talking about this, we’ll be ready. Though I think we may be getting a little mixed up here because I was just with Rosa. Sen is the one you should be thanking.”

“You’re welcome, and don’t hesitate to ask some more when you’re ready. We’re here to help.”

"Many things to think about. Did not notice. the names were wrong. Will ask more another day, yes?"

She apparently needed to think more than she thought, if she messed up their names now. Not that in general, genders were easy to tell sometimes. Sometimes, they just all looked the same to her. Sen and Lin though, did not. Not in the slightest, so that were no excuse. Even if she weren't looking for one either. She had probably just gotten confused by all the talk of these strange, odd things, called toilets. Hopefully she could yet learn more of them.

Judging by how strange their faces started to look after she spoke though, she wasn't sure when that would be. She did not understand what it were she were looking at, but their faces looked different, from other times she remembered. It kept her focus, as well as her silence, as she silently waited for something to happen. An explanation of the faces perhaps? Some words as to why they had all suddenly gone silent too? She did not know, but she would wait and see.

All the while, Shrimp would slither down from Omen's mane, and down into the sink nearby. Were there not a cover on the drain, there were a fair chance, he could've ended up slithering down there, curious as to where that would lead, and get into a panic somewhere in the pipes. Thankfully, that was not the case now, and instead he'd sniff around the odd bowl. He faintly smelled water, which made him smack his jaws, indicating he were thirsty. Yet try as he might, he couldn't see where the water were.

He tried to boop his head on the strange, metallic tube above, to see if that did something. It did not. It felt cold, and unlikely to budge. Very dry too. Not what he needed. Although the tip had a hole in it, where he could smell water from. But it were trapped in there. Maybe he had to lure it out?

He'd also try clawing at the cover, but got nowhere with that, as it were stuck well for something his size, so he'd give up there.

Now, if no one helped him, he'd eventually get to the handle, and bite down into the thin metallic outside of it. It were a somewhat stylized one, with holes that left the outer half of the handle, as just some thing, yet durable, metal pipes in an upside down U form.

This he had luck with, as it moved a little, as he tried getting it from side to side. Yet still, no water. Trying to pull down got him nowhere, so he'd try and push up. Far it did not get, but it did cause a slight drip of water, as a few, scarce drops would start to fall out. Some he'd lick off of the surface, but it wasn't enough. it was too little, too infrequent. He needed more.

Looking up at the handle again, you could almost see the gears turn in his head for a moment, before he slithered closer. He'd slither up, and get under the handle. There, he'd curl up, and then with all his limited strength, would push up, like a spring.

You could see him strain, but his efforts bore fruit. The handle went further up, and now, the water flowed freely. Something that made him give off a surprised, pleased gasp, then quickly slither down, where he'd emerge his face into the stream of water, and just drink away, without a care in the world. He didn't know when it might stop again, so he had to try and drink fast. Though after he had drunk, he'd then start to wriggle around under the stream, to get himself clean.

If another helped him instead, he'd let out some happy chirps, but proceed the same way.

On 2022-02-17 at 2:56 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Uh… Omen? When someone says they are going to the toilet, they usually want some time alone to, eh… relieve themselves. Discord didn’t tell you about this?”

“Rosa?” Lin whispered, only keeping herself audible within earshot of the thestral. “I know you’ve got a right to privacy, but I’m thinking we should also try to let Omen down gently after we try explaining this to her.”

"No, no, no, and no. I'm willing to go over much, but the intricacies of my bowel movements, are a line I am drawing in the sand."

"There is no sand here."

"A figure of speech. I will help you understand, but I am not doing this via examples. I'm going to the library when there's time, and finding the book "Everybody Poops." for you. It will explain the basics of it. Though truly, you should know. You would think Discord would help you understand this."

"Master Discord, said that he needed to relieve himself sometimes. Said he needed a toilet. But he told me not to ask, or follow him. He said he wanted to be alone with it. Just like Sen just said."

"And you never... I mean, what happens if you eat something? Surely you have to get rid of something left over, after you finish digesting things?"

"Then they are gone. What should go away?"

Omen had a well functional body in that regards. What little she couldn't digest, that then got made into pure energy for her, were regurgitated, as if she were a snake. The need for a toilet, were not one she ever had, because of the way she were designed.

"I... Could we please change the subject? Anything? Please?"

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia would be sure to heed Alluria's word and accepted her word. Thinking that it was a logical thing to do so. For far too long Magnolia had been far too rigid around others to the point where she didn't realize that she was as stubborn as she was. Alas, how changing perspectives can help one see things in a different light. 

Looking to Soul and Macabre she'd smile lightly. "It appears that I am not the only one to have a re-union today, and not the only one to learn lessons. Do yourselves a favor and appreciate family while you have it, and beyond that as well. I regret judging you earlier, Soul. I won't pry myself into your family affairs but I am quite glad that you two were able to resolve it. As for me, I have another puzzle piece. Another re-union made that I never thought possible. How often we do not see ourselves in the realms of possibility and find ourselves surprised where we end up." she spoke calmly before considering her thoughts further.

"I wouldn't mind knowing the location of this place. All this time I actually have had no idea where we are in relations to the other places. I intend on coming here again in the future for obvious reasons. I am sure that you would be an excellent teacher in magic, Alluria. I want to broaden my horizons, both in my perceptions and also in my practices." she spoke, that small smile once again returning on her face. It was clear that Magnolia was a very curious sort, just like Twilight. Runs in the family, after all.

On 2022-02-17 at 10:56 AM, Kujamih said:

Before letting go from the hug, Cali would kiss her mom at the cheeks and embed a small shard

@Blitz Boom @Starforce

(Look closely at what I quoted:discord_balloon: there's something white hidden in it... It's also on the original that you missed muhahahaha!:oh_golly:)

Cali's plan worked perfectly, without even the Draconicous noticing what she did. Now she was able to put the Draconicous into an illusion where she can manipulate it at her will. She also analyzed the Draconicous magic and now able to detect her like how she could detect light.... And she senses another draconicous from afar with the same signature as this draconicous.

" I guess I know where I can locate the original now....and what's this?...."

Cali gave out a grimm smile.

"I finally found you Light..." 

" Hey mom? I'm having a nice day... I have this friend, I really wanna meat and introduce you too... His name is Light. Let's go meet him shall we?

Mean while at Light's side...

As Light stared at Shark, for some reason time stands still, and he could not cut his gaze off of her.

But his heart would pang pain and he would quickly try to cut his gaze off her.

" This is no time for love..." He grumble painfully.

He quickly grabs anomaly's attention and said. " ANOMALY! Where are my shards!? Without them I'd just be an ordinary earth pony! I won't be able to accomplish my responsibilities! How will I be able to make contact when the others..." He then paused and had a realization.

" I'm just an ordinary pony now..." He'd drop from his rump and gaze at his hoof.

His eyes starts to get teary.

" But... My responsibilities..." Lights mind right now is filled with doubt and confusion.

Light looks at Anomaly like a lost child. Looking at her.

"Heh?" 

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-02-19 at 7:46 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"A figure of speech. I will help you understand, but I am not doing this via examples. I'm going to the library when there's time, and finding the book "Everybody Poops." for you. It will explain the basics of it. Though truly, you should know. You would think Discord would help you understand this."

"Master Discord, said that he needed to relieve himself sometimes. Said he needed a toilet. But he told me not to ask, or follow him. He said he wanted to be alone with it. Just like Sen just said."

The siblings held back from interrupting, though they certainly were amused by Rosa’s and Omen’s exchange. It was probably the last thing that could have reasonably happened, but they’ve got themselves in to an awkward spot. In honesty, this conversation would sound more normal if it were a parent imparting some knowledge to a child. However, the siblings weren’t parents, and it’ll probably sound worse if they tried explaining it.

“Omen? Maybe its best if we could hold off on talking about this until we get a better source of information for this subject. That book Rosa suggested might explain it better than us.”

“Though you have to admit, that is a pretty nice name for a book. Maybe I want to check that out as well and see what’s in it. You know… out of curiosity.”

Lin knew a little bit about the topic, but she was just interested in seeing how others would explain this topic. The title suggested it was going to be for elementary readers, but she’d probably need to step in and help Omen in case she runs into something challenging in the book. With everyone else busy with the conversation, they didn’t notice Shrimp slinking off to the sink and fiddling with the faucet until the water started running. The sound of rushing water was just what was needed to get everyone to see what was going on and fortunately, enough to get them to change the conversation. Looks like Rosa’s request was granted

“Well, well… looks like our little friend here’s figuring things out on his own and got the water running. Nice work, Shrimp. Enjoying your little bath?”

Sen approached the sink to watch the little refraction clean himself, though he’d reach in and start assisting the creature. If Shrimp didn’t like Sen’s meddling, he’d understand and pull his claws back until bath time was done, and he’d turn off the water afterward.

@Blitz Boom
As to be expected, Ruby kept just going, not really paying mind to Leviathan's tricks, she wasn't above doing tricks in the air either, but she preferred more extreme ones that she couldn't really do now, like as example, plummeting towards the ground only to glide moments before the crash, tricks were like fighting for her, more dangerous the better, it wasn't a healthy state of mind.

Charir meanwhile observed Leviathan with interest, he wasn't as much confused as he was just curious, his life may have not really encouraged having fun, but he was still a kid, so the playfulness hadn't died off yet. This also showed eventually, as while he didn't do tricks of his own, when Leviathan went around him, he followed her with his eyes, leading him to roll around with her movement, while also letting out a bit of smoke, creating a very short lived smoke ring around himself.

"I'll get something for myself, could you look after Charir? maybe help him if he seems to have trouble hunting." she didn't really give time for Leviathan to answer or argue, as she said something to Charir right away and then separated from the two, Ruby may have started to warm up to having company, but she still preferred hunting alone. Charir meanwhile would climb into a nearby tree and start smelling around, he wouldn't push Leviathan away so to speak, but she'd find that it would be a while before there would be a group hunt of any kind, Charir and Ruby had learned to do things alone, and that didn't change in few days.

If nothing happened, Charir would get a scent and eventually find a young boar to catch, which he would kill by cutting its spine with his claws, as he was too small to easily break its neck, Ruby would appear some time after carrying a bear, its neck would be broken, and the smell of fear would still be lingering on its fur. 

--------------------------------------------------
"We are aware of draconequui, we have had...interactions, with their kind, but it is appreciated you'd think to warn us." Scarecrow stated "Haven't met Discord specifically, but his name is well known, even I know of him, even if I don't remember from where."  sure it probably came up with their little interaction with the other one, but Scarecrow knew he had known about Discord for quite the while, he just didn't know why. 

----------------------------------------------------
The reactions from the lizards were various, Sheska and Trox had least interesting reaction, they had seen all of this before, so they were mainly surprised Onache decided to break the disguise, Sear was mainly curious about the whole thing, as stated, she hadn't met a queen before, so she was curious to see what they'd look like in the new forms, and was mainly surprised by how friendly she looked, they already knew she was a changeling, so the transformation itself wasn't a weird thing, and Chega, well, her reaction was best summarized by the thought that popped up in her mind 'Oh my, so fluffy!' if she wouldn't have know Onache's personality, she would have probably hugged her there and then. 

Chega and Trox would take the offer, while Sheska and Sear stayed out, Sheska didn't say any reason, but it wasn't hard to tell she was uncomfortable with the though of something being send to her mind, and Sear simply stated she wanted to make sure Chega would be aright, neither of them showed distrust towards Onache though, and would have chosen to stay out regardless of who it would have been doing it. 

The reactions to the memory from Trox and Chega were similar but also different, empathy was the general reaction from both, but it was different kind of empathy. From Chega it was pure strong empathy, she wanted to just hug Onache and tell her it was okay, while for Trox it was more from understanding, Onache didn't need to read his mind to be able to see it, there was a clear hint that he could relate at least partly, and while Chega wanted to hug Onache, Trox wanted to put his hand on her shoulder and say that he understood.  As Trox whispered to Sheska to explain what was shown, she too showed same kind of understanding, they may have no experience on having to make such decisions regarding offspring, but they had made some difficult decisions for survival.

"There's two sides to every story." it had been a weird experience, but Chega was happy she had gone through it "And I'll make sure your side doesn't get buried in history." obviously she wasn't going to name Onache at any point, that wasn't her style, but she could be sure that soon a song about a hidden sacrifice would start playing in various taverns around the world.

@EQ_Theta

7 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Omen? Maybe its best if we could hold off on talking about this until we get a better source of information for this subject. That book Rosa suggested might explain it better than us.”

“Though you have to admit, that is a pretty nice name for a book. Maybe I want to check that out as well and see what’s in it. You know… out of curiosity.”

"Remind me to take you to a library, and show you the foal section, one of these days. I think it would surprise you the varied topics, which are written about for foals. This is but one of them, and not the weirdest by far. Others are simply titled painfully ignorantly. One of the more known one, being a book about who helps the elderly, if they become unable to take care of themselves. A useful book, for foals wondering what's happening with their grandparents, but a less than fortunate title, of *Who cares about the elderly?*. It gives it a rather... Dismissive, and demeaning tone, that is most unbecoming, of the sensitive topic."

It was a good book beyond that though. Informative, whilst being sensitive to the younglings, by not mentioning certain less than stellar facts. Such as how some care facilities, were horrendous, and should be burned to the ground. Had his father been sent to one of those, he'd frankly potentially do it, once he had sorted out how to get all of those in there, to leave the place safely first. No elders deserved the sort of treatment, that he had sometimes witnessed, in his line of work. Had been something that had made him swear to himself, that he'd never let his father end up, in a place like that. And then he had left...

*sigh* One more reason why he were a failure, to his poor father... Could he only understand the clue that Zhu had left him, in place of the necklace he took, there might be something he could do. Yet turning it as he had, he still hadn't the faintest idea how to interpret it. He hoped to soon enough get a chance to get to the library, but he needed to get through all of these things first. Could he somehow save his father, Rosa would need a place where he could stay, so he could not abandon the arrangements here. He'd need the stability, and local credentials, to make a difference. And time to scout out a good caretaker for him, that could handle his deteriorating condition well.

He could never make right, the time that he had lost with his father, in his lucid times, before the dementia took over in full. That he had ignored his fathers pleading words for his son, to wallow in his own sadness over that... How could there ever be forgiveness for something like that? The thought of him, alone and scared, as he felt his own mind slipping away, were horrifying to Rosa. Yet he had done that. He had failed his father, and he could never make up for that. All he could do, were at least to try and get his father away, from a place that did likely not look kind to him, as his son was a marked traitor.

9 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Well, well… looks like our little friend here’s figuring things out on his own and got the water running. Nice work, Shrimp. Enjoying your little bath?”

Sen approached the sink to watch the little refraction clean himself, though he’d reach in and start assisting the creature. If Shrimp didn’t like Sen’s meddling, he’d understand and pull his claws back until bath time was done, and he’d turn off the water afterward.

Shrimp chirped in response, but kept at washing himself, without looking towards the others. When Sen came in, and began to interfere, at first, Shrimp would let out a yelp, then move to avert his grasp. Until he came to understand, that Sen were just trying to help him, and not take him away from the small waterfall, before he were done washing. He didn't mind after that, and would even playfully nibble Sen, as he went along.

The wash wouldn't take long, as Shrimp were after all, pretty small. And should only be washed with water. There weren't anything but hoof soap here right now, but soap in general, he would not be pleased by, and would do his outmost to get it off of his scales, if applied to them. Along with hissing. Might be he liked being clean, but soap were not clean in his mind. It were like swamp muck.

Once it were all said and done, and his scales and claws, shined cleanly, he'd let out some happy chirps, and take a few slurps more of water. After he had let out a small burp, Rosa would slowly begin to turn off the water again, just to see if the refraction were done with it, before he stopped the stream fully. But it seemed so, as he'd begin to slither out, and up Sen's arm, to get a nice, comfy position on his head.

"It's interesting to see how focused he seems, on cleaning himself. Most young creatures, of most races, have an aversion to being clean all the time. Yet for him, it seems almost instinctual.

Yet another thing, learned via observation it seems. I wonder what else we'll get to discover, as he grows further. And how much of it will be from his baseline instincts, and how much he'll take in from observing all of us."

===========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'll get something for myself, could you look after Charir? maybe help him if he seems to have trouble hunting."

"I'll give him a little hand if he needs it, and stay out of his way otherwise, so he can finish his prey himself. Which I don't doubt he can do. He's a fine little hunter."

It was a pride thing too. She'd imagine, that if she helped, it would cheapen the hunt. Which if she judged by how Ruby at least, seemed fixated on showing how strong she could be, without help from anyone else, and needing help would be an insult. Something that'd make them seem weak. And judging by what she knew of their culture, death were preferable to weakness. Which to her, were pretty messed up honestly. But she had said her piece on that, and frankly, it wouldn't change a thing, if she said so again. Primarily since Charir couldn't understand her.

Though he did seem to understand actions at least, as he had played along to some extend, when Leviathan were having some fun in flight. So there were some understanding, and willingness to participate there, though he still seemed more reserved, that she would've liked. Maybe he were still nervous? Or the childish wonder were just not as prevalent with them? Ah well, they'd teach him the joys of life eventually.

With Ruby leaving, she'd stay behind and watch over Charir, and examining how he hunted in silence. Her own placement would be a fair bit to the side, where she could watch him, without interfering too much with his hunt. Had to place herself a different place than she'd prefer, due to wind, but whatever she could, to not intrude too much on the process.

As he went down and got his prey, she'd scout for trouble. Didn't seem there were any (for once) so Charir would get his prey laid low, rather easily, and in peace. An action which Leviathan would applaud, with a big approving grin.

As for herself, she wouldn't go hunt, but would instead take one of the packs of meat, out of her bag. Or at least, that had been the plan, but her bag was on the cart, so currently not with her. So as she had to make due, she'd scan around, and soon enough point towards a rabbit jumping through. From her finger, would come a thing line of electricity, piercing the rabbit, and killing it instantly. She'd swoop down and grab hold of it after that. Sse weren't as hungry, so she'd do fine with just this, until she got to her bags.

4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

If nothing happened, Charir would get a scent and eventually find a young boar to catch, which he would kill by cutting its spine with his claws, as he was too small to easily break its neck, Ruby would appear some time after carrying a bear, its neck would be broken, and the smell of fear would still be lingering on its fur. 

"Smells like the hunt went well. Any troublemakers, or were we for once, all allowed to hunt in peace?"

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I heard rumors, that one of them are living in our forest now. It's... A little disconcerting. Made me hesitant to take the little ones into the forest these days. Depends on which one it is, how bad it could be. I were told one of them looked harmless, but made a lot of strange creatures. And the other were horrifying to gaze at, but nopony felt fear near it. Even heard a few say they felt calmer, than they ever had been before.

*sigh* Very strange creatures, and Discord is apparently, the most powerful of them. Probably the oldest too. You shouldn't be too worried. Most of his big pranks, he doesn't do anymore, ever since Fluttershy kind of... Tamed seems ugly. I guess, taught him, is more accurate? Maybe."

"The famed yellow mare. The animals speak in reverence of her."

"Pretty much all animals like her, so that makes sense. Mhm. I'm not sure if her effect works on you though. It's... I dunno. Maybe it's a connection with nature, maybe with animals. I couldn't tell."

"I have spoken with her, at length. I felt no different around her, though I did enjoy her company. Her animal sanctuary in particular, were very peaceful."

@Catpone Cerberus

9 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

The reactions to the memory from Trox and Chega were similar but also different, empathy was the general reaction from both, but it was different kind of empathy. From Chega it was pure strong empathy, she wanted to just hug Onache and tell her it was okay, while for Trox it was more from understanding, Onache didn't need to read his mind to be able to see it, there was a clear hint that he could relate at least partly, and while Chega wanted to hug Onache, Trox wanted to put his hand on her shoulder and say that he understood.  As Trox whispered to Sheska to explain what was shown, she too showed same kind of understanding, they may have no experience on having to make such decisions regarding offspring, but they had made some difficult decisions for survival.

"There's two sides to every story." it had been a weird experience, but Chega was happy she had gone through it "And I'll make sure your side doesn't get buried in history." obviously she wasn't going to name Onache at any point, that wasn't her style, but she could be sure that soon a song about a hidden sacrifice would start playing in various taverns around the world.

Onache did not care for sympathy. She had done what she had done, multiple times, because it was the most merciful option there were. The unknown price of being a changeling queen, in a world that didn't respect their need to feed. The reason for showing them, were so they could see something that would resonate not just with her, but with others too. As well as provide some knowledge, of what a queen's life could sometimes be.

It were also one of the things she could show of interest, that did not portray her as evil. At least any real changeling, worth their salt, wouldn't think her evil for this. It were a tragic duty, and the only way it could be made evil, were if you ordered the drones to do that for you.

A real queen didn't just control her drones. She'd take responsibility, and do the hardest things personally. This duty... She had never entrusted others with it, nor the cleaning afterwards. It were her responsibility. Just as it were to hunt down, and eliminate her own changelings, in case they underwent mind death. The only merciful thing one could do for them by then, and something which every changeling feared to undergo.

"Any changeling should know that this is something which happens, even if we rarely, if ever, speak of it. It will give you something to sing of, that can be related to, by my kind. Make with it what you wish, though understand that I did not share this, to garner sympathy. You wished for a tale, and such, I gave you one that I doubt most ponies have the faintest idea of, nor would understand the necessity of. An important aspect though, and the reason why you now see me as *fluffy*. I don't much care for the design, yet I accepted, by the promise that like this, my nymphs would not grow up, needing to feast upon others, for nourishment. And any solution which does not leave them hungry, and fearing encroaching mind death, is one I am willing to listen to.

Some duplicity, by beings above my station, were still part of the process, but it is yet for the better. Now I need no longer to hunt, nor cull. And with no need to hunt, I have no reason to be as I were before."

Onache would look at Trox, with a set glance into his eyes. During which, he'd find something were said to his mind, and his mind alone.

"It saddens me, that you can relate."

She promised she wouldn't pry. Didn't mean she couldn't send something. That were not written into her promise. Though seeing this gaze, made her somewhat sad that she couldn't pry. There seemed to be a story in his eyes, which hurt him. A shame that he had that, with all else, he were carrying around.

@Starforce

On 2022-02-19 at 3:55 AM, Magnolia said:

Looking to Soul and Macabre she'd smile lightly. "It appears that I am not the only one to have a re-union today, and not the only one to learn lessons. Do yourselves a favor and appreciate family while you have it, and beyond that as well. I regret judging you earlier, Soul. I won't pry myself into your family affairs but I am quite glad that you two were able to resolve it. As for me, I have another puzzle piece. Another re-union made that I never thought possible. How often we do not see ourselves in the realms of possibility and find ourselves surprised where we end up."

"It was an accident. A building collapsed, and crushed Soul's cousins.

The damage were extensive. Multiple limbs unusable, and internal parts damaged substantially. They would not have lived through the night.

There is a room here, which contains certain forbidden relics. Against the rules, Soul broke in there, and stole the mark, and tools of a stitcher. An older, necromantic profession, where as little said of it as possible, is better. Though the title should give you some idea what the craft are capable of.

As I understand it, he then knocked out the guards in he medical wing, and where there were once two ponies, were soon but one. Realistically, they should not have made it through that, nor should he, as he should not have the capability to hold these powers. The mares of the Macabre clan, are the only ones that can harness death, through their curse. The stallions support, and help in other ways, but they do not have the powers themselves, and a Stitcher's craft, should require one already attuned with the powers, to harness them without sacrifice."

"...There were sacrifice. My wings. My pound of flesh, willingly given.

A small price to pay, to save them."

Soul kept hold of his grandmother, as he paused briefly, before adding a small bit more. Said in a hurt, yet stubborn, dark voice.

"Apart there were none, together, they are one."

"Yes, and do feel free to keep the grizzly details for yourself."

On 2022-02-19 at 3:55 AM, Magnolia said:

"I wouldn't mind knowing the location of this place. All this time I actually have had no idea where we are in relations to the other places. I intend on coming here again in the future for obvious reasons. I am sure that you would be an excellent teacher in magic, Alluria. I want to broaden my horizons, both in my perceptions and also in my practices." she spoke, that small smile once again returning on her face. It was clear that Magnolia was a very curious sort, just like Twilight. Runs in the family, after all.

"Bring forth a map, and I shall mark upon it this location. Lest you have none? I can procure one, if need be."

========================================================================

@Kujamih

On 2022-02-19 at 11:48 AM, Kujamih said:

"I finally found you Light..." 

" Hey mom? I'm having a nice day... I have this friend, I really wanna meat and introduce you too... His name is Light. Let's go meet him shall we?

"...You seem to have calmed down, so sure, why not? Finish your breakfast first though, then we go see your friend. And be nice to him, or you're getting a timeout."

Anomaly wasn't stupid per se, it were just a regular issue with draconequui. Beings based on being rather silly, and living in a world, where the rules of nature bend to their wills. Immortal demigods, and pranksters as they were, they had an issue with not being overly cautious. Hardly ever a reason to, when one were like them. Which meant they tended to be semi-easy to trick. As Cali had just about come to understand now.

Once everything were said and done, Anomaly would pack up, and have a giant plant eat them up, and begin the transport, to where they needed to go.

On 2022-02-19 at 11:48 AM, Kujamih said:

" But... My responsibilities..." Lights mind right now is filled with doubt and confusion.

Light looks at Anomaly like a lost child. Looking at her.

"Heh?" 

"Jeez, they're that important to you? I figured it was shrapnel. Wanted to put it in my evening salad, but fine fine, you can have them back."

Anomaly would cough up a thick, leather bag, rattling with the sound of dark gems within. She did figure they looked kinda weird, but waste not, want not, right? Yet it seemed he were having an existential crisis, and she really didn't much care to deal with that right now.

That being said... Maybe she should inquire what these things were first. Seeing how there were someone coming for them.

"Say, what are they for? And what'd happen if I say, threw them out? Would that stop the mare who's coming back to kill you in a few minutes, from doing so? Or helping her?"

Shark's ears perked, as she heard this, and her muzzle contorted in a growl, showing her razor-sharp teeth, even more prominently.

"No one hurt friend! No kill. I hurt them!"

"Oh, don't be so dramatic about it. I'm sure it'll be fine. Although my other half, are acting dumb. Silly thing. Bringing this... Cali, I think the text says, right here. Anything I outta watch out for? Cause if ponies starts getting killed in this forest, I'm the one that's gonna be hunted down, so really wanna avoid that whole thing. And I think Shark's on the same page. Heh, you really know how to pick 'em, eh lover-boy?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Starforce

As  the flower ate them and transport them were they want them to be. Cali snuggled Anomaly.

as they entered the domain where the real Anomaly is and Light. Cali was struck by Light with a black shard from afar.

blood would spill as Anomaly gaze upon this events unfolding right before her eyes.

Cali would once again reach out towards the clone anomaly. "....mom?" She says as she spat out blood.

meanwhile....

as the rattling dark shards were spat out by Anomaly Light would snap out of his daze.

" Wait that thing was inside of you!... And you even let it out!?." Light panicked.

" That thing is highly toxic to magic users! Especially draconicous who are made of pure magic! That thing absorbs all sources of non changeling magic! Anyone within eye vision of this thing would attract it and absorb it's magic! So whatever you do don't look at it! You'd be lucky.... Hmm why is it not working?"

Light was confused as it seems to not faze the Draconicous... let alone was able to extract it out from his body.

but they're attention to this shard would be cut off by the appearance of Cali...

what would be the tide of events to happen? 

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia looked to Soul and then back to Alluria. "Unfortunately I don't have a map with me at the moment." she spoke a bit awkwardly as she processed the information Alluria told her about Soul's sacrifice. Looking back to Soul she'd look within his eyes with a look of pure understanding with what he had to do. Magnolia would have done something similar, for her family - or most likely to be, Zeehva. Hopefully it wouldn't have to come to that.

"It is most unfortunate your family found themselves in that situation. I realize that you are loyal to your family. Many can learn from that. Especially my...parents..." she said with a great deal of grit in her word. That'd soon vanish as she continued. "I hope that in time, those around here realize what family means. As well as the sacrifices Soul has made for those he loved. He shouldn't be disrespected around here anymore. I am sure that won't be the case for much longer." she'd smile slightly as she left it at that. 

@Starforce

On 2022-02-21 at 6:09 AM, Magnolia said:

Magnolia looked to Soul and then back to Alluria. "Unfortunately I don't have a map with me at the moment."

"Grave Robber!"

A minute mare would scurry out from behind a shelf in the library, and nervously look up towards Alluria, through her thick glasses.

"Y-Yes, Miss Sparkle?"

"I need a regional map. With all due haste."

"Of c-course, Miss Sparkle."

The mare would scurry off. Likely to find a map, before the ghost's ire would fall upon her.

"A map shall be forthcoming. I shall mark it then."

On 2022-02-21 at 6:09 AM, Magnolia said:

"It is most unfortunate your family found themselves in that situation. I realize that you are loyal to your family. Many can learn from that. Especially my...parents..." she said with a great deal of grit in her word. That'd soon vanish as she continued. "I hope that in time, those around here realize what family means. As well as the sacrifices Soul has made for those he loved. He shouldn't be disrespected around here anymore. I am sure that won't be the case for much longer." she'd smile slightly as she left it at that. 

"Only a few judge him still. They see what good he could do, and how he persevered. The word on what he does, make more approve too. A thankless job, yet one which must be done.

In time though, I would wish for you to take time away, and return here for a time, Soul. There are things which I would like to prepare you for."

"I will find the time. How long would I need?"

"Two months at the least. We will cover why later, even if it cannot be postponed forever. I have done so for far too long, as it is."

"Understood. And speaking of preparing, there will come another here, within the next few days I would think. The friend of Magnolia. She's haunted by her late husband, and need closure."

"I will ensure that Last Wishes, prepares the auditorium. Your friend will be expected, when she have time, Magnolia."

Alluria gave Macabre some odd glances, throughout this talk. Something which she said, seemed to have caused her to think. In a good or bad way, were hard to say. Alluria had a pretty good poker face, when she didn't try to show any.

@Kujamih

(before they showed up)

"They're toxic? Huh, fancy that. Though y'know, they're in a bag, silly thing. No light there, so checkmate."

Light would get a hat on, reminiscent of A Rook, falling down from a nearby tree.

Anomaly wasn't overly concerned here. She didn't feel worse, so she were likely fine. A little less powered up, due to splitting herself of course, but that were what that were. Wasn't like this were a weakness of hers. It wasn't pure iron, or pure silver. Go figure that she'd be so *lucky* the have the same weaknesses, as a faerie of myth, huh?

(after the others showed up)

"Wha- NO!!! Why did you Do that?!"

The illusion were affecting her pretty well it seemed. All this version of Anomaly saw, were Cali being killed by Light. Aaaaand maybe she were a little too wrapped up in the illusion then saying *mom?*, to not react to things.

Now, Anomaly wasn't a creature of death. This version were no different there, but she could still do things. In current case, summon vines from the ground, barbed with a paralytic, that'd lash out towards Light. Yet with a snap, they'd all turn into bubbles, pelting him harmlessly, and popping with the fresh scent of dead rats.

What? OG Anomaly might help, but she were still a draconequii. She had to have some fun herself.

"Alright, that's enough. Snap out of it, hehe."

"Get outta my way, meddlesome... Me."

The two of them would then be busy trading blows. Nothing massively serious. Just some friendly dismemberment and throwing of live cats, giant pumpkins, chocolate squirt guns- That sort of thing. But it would leave them occupied for the time being.

Which meant it were now just Cali, and Light. And Shark, who'd place herself in front of Light, and look towards Cali with her tail raised, and teeth barred. The look in her eyes wasn't nice either. No big surprise though: She were tired of seeing others hurt her friend. She'd hurt them, if they kept trying. Not by killing though. She had understood she weren't allowed to do that, but she could still toss someone around, or bash into them like a ram.

"No hurt friend! No more mean ones, doing bad things. Will stop."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia smirks as Alluria ordered Grave Robber around like that. It was amusing to see someone else with the ability to control situations to such a large context as her own. Runs in the family, after all. "Thank you. It pleases me that you can accommodate my friend as well. She struggles with a loss of a family member, and has a lot of inner turmoil of her own. To a greater degree than I, I would say. Thankfully I have been able to help her out the best I can, really. But there are a lot of things beyond my realm of help, and beyond my realm of control." Magnolia spoke calmly as she waited for the map, but was curious as to what Soul was discussing.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-02-21 at 5:41 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Remind me to take you to a library, and show you the foal section, one of these days. I think it would surprise you the varied topics, which are written about for foals. This is but one of them, and not the weirdest by far. Others are simply titled painfully ignorantly. One of the more known one, being a book about who helps the elderly, if they become unable to take care of themselves. A useful book, for foals wondering what's happening with their grandparents, but a less than fortunate title, of *Who cares about the elderly?*. It gives it a rather... Dismissive, and demeaning tone, that is most unbecoming, of the sensitive topic."

“Well that doesn’t sound right. That’s not a very nice title for a book if attitudes toward the elderly are as dismissive as you say. It’s only right that children should take it upon themselves to give back to their parents. I… oh… I remembered what you told us about your father. Sorry, I didn’t mean for this to go there. Let’s just drop this conversation.”

Lin quickly grew somber at the thought, partly because of Rosa’s family history and partly because of her own. She may have recalled the longma’s practices, but she wasn’t exactly in the right position to spout those sentiments when even she’s neglecting her last remaining grandparent. Despite only knowing about him being alive recently, she clung to the knowledge that their village’s healer was also looking after him when she isn’t tending to others or out gathering more medicinal herbs. Perhaps when she has time away from Equestria, she and her brother will get a chance to catch up with grandfather. 

As for Sen, he was content to let Shrimp bathe on his own, but he enjoyed the playful nibbling. No one kept pets back home, but raising a little creature was certainly an experience worth undertaking. It helped that even at his age, Shrimp was already able to understand him. Being a fast learner had its perks, and who knows what the refraction will learn many years down the road. It’ll be interesting to see what he’ll be when he’s all grown up.

For now, the longma would like dry himself, lest his head become soggy from the refraction’s bath. He’d settle for grabbing the nearest towel to get himself cleaned and doing the same for Shrimp. He’d never forget to be gentle, and if he had that towel, he’d loosely wrap it around the refraction to get the water dried of his scales. It wasn’t something common back home, but he saw it enough times away from home that it was an ingrained practice. If there wasn’t a towel nearby, he’d go with whatever was the next best alternative, even if it was his own wings. 

“I’m sure this is Shrimp learning this on his own. I don’t recall showing him how to bathe and clean himself, and this is all just him. Pretty impressive by the looks of it, and I am glad we got this chance to see it. I just hope we can get him to see you as trustworthy, but that is going to take some time.”

“Maybe with Omen’s scent being around us so often, it could also get stuck on you, Rosa? Or that might just be wishful thinking. Anyway, we got a bit of time to spend, and I guess we’ve covered the home decorating part. You want to just rest here or head to the library? I recall seeing it along the town square.” 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

" I see you've been busy Light? I have too..." She says, as she manipulates the Draconicous to distract the other half of it.

"Let's dance!"

She charged towards shark and Light.

Her body released tentacles with scythes at it's end, to slash her opponents.

Even though light lost his Shards, he was a trained earth pony, and was able to dodge some of the scythe while some scrapped him.

" Ahh shoot... I forgot how hard it is to be an earth pony again."

Cali noticed something was off with Light, so she started focusing on Shark.

" You're up to something light... If you don't take things seriously, you'll end up making the same mistakes again and losing your loved ones once again."

Cali would then place another device at the ground.

A make shift portal device.

"Mom, over here please help!"

Cali is trying to lure the hypnotized draconicous.

Light had a bad gut feeling on what Cali is planning.

" No stop Cali! I give!" 

Edited by Kujamih

@Blitz Boom 

"I like to help my family too. There's always s much to do around the farm, but my older sister always manages to make it interesting," Plum Blossom replied.

"Oh, my family had that dog for a long time now. In fact, the dog is almost as old as I am, though she's still as energetic as a young puppy. Oh, and her name is Willena," Plum Blossom explained. She was quite fond of the family dog, and Willena often helped out around the farm in many different ways.

"Anyways, I know where we can start. That is the town hall," Plum Blossom said, pointing to the round circular building sticking above the rooftops. "It's not really that interesting, but it's useful because it marks the center of town in case you ever get lost. However, what is interesting, is Sugarcube Corner," Plum Blossom exclaimed, leading the way there.

"This is the town bakery and it is always very popular. It is run by Mr. and. Mrs Cake and Pinkie Pie. Sometimes I do baking with them there. Pinkie Pie is a very interesting character, and you will learn a lot more about her very soon," Plum Blossom said, hinting at the "Welcome to Ponyville" parties that Pinkie Pie throws. "Want to get a cupcake?"

@Rising Dusk

Lily were silent as mother and daughter spoke, out of respect for what seemed to be a moment between them. Yet she did raise an eyebrow, uncertain of what she had said, that had seemingly been so amusing to Dawn, yet less so to her mother. An internal joke perhaps? She'd need to ask, but had to wait for a proper time to do so. Which would likely be when the mother dismissed the spell, and would begin her own preparations.

On 2022-02-14 at 9:45 PM, Rising Dusk said:

Dawn finished her little fit and dabbed at tears that were forming in the corner of her eyes.  "Oh, what a joy," she muttered and tapped the mirror, returning it to a reflective surface.  Sliding off her stool caused it and the vanity to sink and melt back into the floor.  Still a little distracted, she wandered over to the wall, "Now which one of these is my closet?" she inquired.  Swiping her hoof through the air from left to right.  All the doors in the long house slide along the walls as if not attached.  Doors zoomed by before the unicorn until a decorated, flowery, lavender door that didn't match the rest of the room, stopped in front of her.  It opened on its own to reveal a cottage on the other side.  Well, a cottage that had been designed and made into just a giant walk in closet.  Natural sunlight beamed in from windows, taking them away from the torch and brazier firelight provided by the longhouse.  Rows and rows of racks with outfits snaked about the cottage and a dozen armoires appeared to stand in random, unorganized places. 

There would still be pause, as she'd witness yet another example of not just vast space, and untold riches, but also magical flair, from Dawn. A curious spectacle, which she were not sad to admit, had her somewhat jealous. The things one could do, with this much power... Good things, of course. She might have studied under an evil tyrant, but that didn't mean she wished to be one herself. It were just the result of a long list, of poor life choices.

As the true door she sought, seemed to come into light, the splendor of it all, hit Lily rather hard. In silence, she'd take a few steps forward, to better see what were in this room, and gazed upon the rows and rows of cloth, in what amazed to being the biggest closet, that Lily would ever gaze upon in her entire life.

"There are more cloth in this one room, than I have seen in entire villages. What some wouldn't give, to have so much to use of...

I mean not to sound jealous, nor condemn you for your riches. You have earned where you are, of that I am certain. It just... Puts things in perspective, to see how so much, can be in the hooves of one, when I grew up seeing less than this for decades on end. At times, it can yet be hard to fathom such a thing, from one who are not even a ruler. I shudder to think how vast the resources are, for your princesses."

She'd be silent for a few seconds, looking around further, with curious, somewhat awestruck eyes. Maybe someday, she'd see something like this in her own land, during her lifetime. She'd like that, even if it were mostly for those high in society. It were still better than for it all, to go to one, with a few of his favored lackeys gaining some extra, for their servitude and assistance. If regular beings could get even a fifth of this though, if they set their minds to it, it would show great improvements. Something which would take time, but hopefully in a few years, things would begin to look up properly.

"Speaking of shuddering... The little incident earlier. Might I ask for context to that? Do you not leash those you care for in Equestria, when traversing dangerous areas? What reason were there, for the amusement you seemed to derive from it?"

@Kujamih

On 2022-02-23 at 11:24 AM, Kujamih said:

Her body released tentacles with scythes at it's end, to slash her opponents.

Even though light lost his Shards, he was a trained earth pony, and was able to dodge some of the scythe while some scrapped him.

Shark were a nimble sort, yet she too got hit by a few. Mostly just cuts and scraps, but there did come a reasonably slice down the side of her cheek, that had some blood start to drip down, ever so slowly. Seemed like this one certainly were aiming to only do bad things, so she'd go on the offensive after that, charging headfirst, aiming to bite into one of Cali's hoof, and throw her into the river. She'd be able to, if she out the effort in, as she had the muscles to actually throw a regular sized, normal weighted mare that far.

Meanwhile, the two Anomaly's, were beginning to assault each other with various odd animals, thrown at one another. Or well, it were the same two, constantly getting changed by whomever had the one in question, before being tossed back, or occasionally, battling one another. Describing them would be pointless, as the rapid transformation of the feral things, kept it in a constant flux.

No matter how Shark's attempt at attacking would go, eventually, they'd reach the critical point of no return.

On 2022-02-23 at 11:24 AM, Kujamih said:

"Mom, over here please help!"

Cali is trying to lure the hypnotized draconicous.

Light had a bad gut feeling on what Cali is planning.

" No stop Cali! I give!" 

"No! Nonono- No more fighting!"

Other Anomaly, saw the attack going on, in this myriad of insanity. And not the good kind of insanity, mind you, and screamed skywards. Or well, it wasn't a scream that came out, as much as a myriad of small crumbs, that rapidly expanded into large loafs of fluffy bread, that'd seek out and engulf everyone, and everything, that it came into contact with. And she wouldn't stop doing this, until everyone had stopped fighting. Forcefully. Though Cali would be the first one to get picked out by a swarm of these, so that she could get some protective layers, keeping her safe from the rampaging Shark. Honestly though, a solid slash, and she might be able to tip her over, and send her rolling towards the portal, if that was her want. Wouldn't be nice of her though.

=====================================================================

@Starforce

"She is not the first, that is beyond help, which most can provide. It is why we are here. We serve the purpose, of solving that, which most cannot. We will ensure she gets to say a proper farewell, then guide him towards whatever afterlife awaits. Be it good or bad, is not for us to decide upon. We can only open the gate, while their actions decide their resting place. Tartarus, Elysium, or Purgatory, til they are one day prepared for rebirth."

"A lot of good that did me."

Alluria hadn't much time to be displeased, as Grave Robber came around a stack, holding a large, rolled up parchment, the height of Magnolia's torso and head combined. Likely a map.

"Y-Your map, Miss Sparkle."

Alluria would levitate it up, and unfold it, showing a spectacularly detailed map, of Equestria. Only a few settlements, risen within the last few decades were missing, but they were of little importance right now.

"Punctually. Return to your studies."

"Y-Yes Miss Sparkle."

She'd scurry off again, while Alluria turned, and showed where on the map they were. Near the middle, of the three cities in this forest. The Breezie village had a name, and a large question mark though, rather than an exact placement, nor look. A security measure, which needed to be upheld still, for the foreseeable future.

"This is our location, compared to others in Equestria. Ignore the breezies home, if you are looking for pinpoints. It will not serve you well."

======================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-02-23 at 8:18 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Well that doesn’t sound right. That’s not a very nice title for a book if attitudes toward the elderly are as dismissive as you say. It’s only right that children should take it upon themselves to give back to their parents. I… oh… I remembered what you told us about your father. Sorry, I didn’t mean for this to go there. Let’s just drop this conversation.”

"You... Needn't apologize for that. My father is... He's unable to care for himself, nor can I care for him, or would be worthy to even gaze upon him anymore. I am a traitor to all he worked for, and a failure as his son, for leaving him behind, when he desperately cried out for me, in the months he began to slip away. Even if I came to understand what Zhu's message meant, and could retrieve him, the best I could do, were finding someplace that could ensure his last years were comfortable, away from his disappointment of a son.

*long, drawn out sigh* Sorry. I didn't mean to drag the mood down. I know your culture, you care for your parents, as they did you, and I admire that. Optimally, I would have liked to do the same, but there is nothing I can do there, even if I weren't several countries away from him now. He needs professional care. Not one who'd just fail to hear his cries again."

How lovely things had turned here. Were it not for Shrimp, the whole mood here, would likely get so depressing, that Omen would be able to feel it. Blessed they were though, he'd at least remain cute and playful, giving a ray of sunlight, sorely needed, in the midst of all of this.

For now, the longma would like dry himself, lest his head become soggy from the refraction’s bath. He’d settle for grabbing the nearest towel to get himself cleaned and doing the same for Shrimp. He’d never forget to be gentle, and if he had that towel, he’d loosely wrap it around the refraction to get the water dried of his scales. It wasn’t something common back home, but he saw it enough times away from home that it was an ingrained practice. If there wasn’t a towel nearby, he’d go with whatever was the next best alternative, even if it was his own wings

Shrimp would cheerfully accept the towel (one were next to the sink), but wouldn't be dried off by help alone. Rather, he'd twist and twirl in the blanket, trying to dry his scales on the soft, dry surface. And when he were done, he'd nibble at it, to see what sort of thing it were. He wasn't sure, but it wasn't food, that was for sure. Didn't taste good. Was good for afterbaths though, yes. He'd have to try and remember this.

“I’m sure this is Shrimp learning this on his own. I don’t recall showing him how to bathe and clean himself, and this is all just him. Pretty impressive by the looks of it, and I am glad we got this chance to see it. I just hope we can get him to see you as trustworthy, but that is going to take some time.”

“Maybe with Omen’s scent being around us so often, it could also get stuck on you, Rosa? Or that might just be wishful thinking. Anyway, we got a bit of time to spend, and I guess we’ve covered the home decorating part. You want to just rest here or head to the library? I recall seeing it along the town square.” 

Before he could answer, Rosa would find that Omen had gone over, and began to do something which helped him well, in getting out of his  malady: She started to rub up against him like a cat, as well as using her tongue to ruffle through his mane. And he were looking utterly flabbergasted from this. At he were for a few moments, as various responses came through his head, before he finally had one. One that popped in, once he had understood what it were she were doing, by rubbing herself against him like this.

"Wha- I uhm... I-It... Omen? Are you trying to rub your scent on me, as if you were a ca- Pet."

"Yes. Is it working?"

It would, though faintly at best. Omen didn't have much of an odor, due to her not being able to sweat, among other things.

==========================================================================

@Ocean Wavedream

On 2022-02-23 at 4:34 PM, Plum Blossom said:

"I like to help my family too. There's always s much to do around the farm, but my older sister always manages to make it interesting," Plum Blossom replied.

"Oh, my family had that dog for a long time now. In fact, the dog is almost as old as I am, though she's still as energetic as a young puppy. Oh, and her name is Willena," Plum Blossom explained. She was quite fond of the family dog, and Willena often helped out around the farm in many different ways.

"Awh, a cute farm doggo. I'd love to see him sometimes, when there's not lots of busy things to do. We don't have farms in Canterlot, but I hear it's hard, important work. I mean, of course it's important, since farmers makes sure we have food, so they're really important. Even though the snooty foals didn't like them. Kept saying nasty things to farm ponies. They're very rude, some of them."

On 2022-02-23 at 4:34 PM, Plum Blossom said:

"Anyways, I know where we can start. That is the town hall," Plum Blossom said, pointing to the round circular building sticking above the rooftops. "It's not really that interesting, but it's useful because it marks the center of town in case you ever get lost. However, what is interesting, is Sugarcube Corner," Plum Blossom exclaimed, leading the way there.

"This is the town bakery and it is always very popular. It is run by Mr. and. Mrs Cake and Pinkie Pie. Sometimes I do baking with them there. Pinkie Pie is a very interesting character, and you will learn a lot more about her very soon," Plum Blossom said, hinting at the "Welcome to Ponyville" parties that Pinkie Pie throws. "Want to get a cupcake?"

"Ooooh, I know the Town Hall. My daddy goes there to speak with Mayor Mare. She's a very nice mare, and her office is pretty. He speaks with her a lot, he says. Makes him get a big smile on his face."

With how tired Stargazer tended to look, with how much were to do in this time, she liked that he had somepony he could talk to, that were making him smile. She didn't know about what though. The little she had seen the mayor, she had been a very nice mare, but she still didn't know a whole lot. Her daddy and the mayor, had spoken mostly by themselves in the office. Sounded like it was some important guard things. Maybe something to do with their home too, now. Not good it had been broken down, but they were all alive. That was the most important thing, right?

Jelly would follow along as she spoke, walking on the ground, instead of flying. Which Plum would in time get to realize, she did most of the time. It had a lot to do with Gary. Caring for him, he couldn't stay on well, when he were much tinier, so she just walked around, and it had stuck as a habit. Not that it was a bad thing either. Would make sure she kept her legs well used, and strong. She'd need that, when she'd eventually go try the guard training herself.

"Oooooh. I heard about Pinkie Pie, in Canterlot too. She's really famous. Is it true she is an earth pony, but have strange, mysterious powers?

And cupcakes sounds yummy. Do they have jelly ones? Filled cupcakes are the best. Same with doughnuts."

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia took the map in her magic and looked over the various areas on the map. She had no comment to be made on the Breezies - she had known very little about the Breezies but that also coupled with her low interest in them in general. Her plans and mindset were elsewhere, and not much else concerned her beyond that point. She was quite thankful for their willingness to help her friend and it would take her some time to go back to her friend, but that would come when it comes. 

"I hope that you have a way to send a letter, actually. You know, It would be better for me to write some letters to both Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor - as well as my parents. You gotta have some post service around here, and this would be the best way to make my presence known is so that they can know that I well, exist, for a lack of a better word. And that way it would lay the ground work for future interactions. How about that?" she asked. 

"Soul, tell you what. Maybe you can go back and bring Zeehva back to here. I know she has likely completed her shopping by now and her and I could stay around in this place for a while. We weren't going to get much done in Deltrot anyways, I have a feeling if the two of us stay within this area for a while it would do us some good, most certainly for her. This would give me an outlet to write those letters, what do you think?" she asked, wondering what they thought of the idea. 

@Starforce @Blitz Boom

Cali would still reluctantly slash off the crumbs, and would cry out for assistance towards the other Draconicous.

" Mom!"

Light noticed that a prolonged fight would only cause more trouble than it's worth and would hate to see the ponies he know fight.

But Light can't even get near the rampaging Cali.

As he was thinking and backing away from her attacks he accidentally stepped the sack fool of black shards.

the shards starts to shine when in contact with light and starts absorbing magic around it.

Light then grabs the sack of shards and prepares to throw it towards Cali.

" Cali! I said enough!" He screamed as he throws the shards towards her.

Cali would easily swat the sack.

"Please as if that would..." Cali was stopped from her tracks as the shards react violently to her.

" What?"

the shards would then violently cling towards Cali and merge inside her.

"Ahh! Noo!" Cali frustratingly cried out.

her hold towards the Draconicous would break as she focus on escaping from the shard's clutches.

"What's going on?" Light shockingly said.

As Cali struggles to break free from the shards, she would trip the trap portal and caused her to slip inside. And go through the magic graveyard.

"Wait no!" Light tries to chase after Cali and save her but she was already deep into the portal.

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-02-25 at 6:06 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Wha- I uhm... I-It... Omen? Are you trying to rub your scent on me, as if you were a ca- Pet."

"Yes. Is it working?"

“We wouldn’t know much it worked unless Shrimp tries something, and even he might know something is different if he’s working with something more than just his sense of smell. I gotta say, Omen, you never cease to amaze… or confuse. Seeing this display, I think the cat from the bakery might have left an impression on you after it rubbed itself on your legs.”

“Do this enough times and Shrimp might start thinking you’ve become a cat.”

Sen and Lin chuckled at the thought. It was strange seeing Omen do something a cat would do, rubbing itself on someone or something to mark its scent. Shrimp didn’t like seeing Munchkin do that, and the cat was already pushing its luck. Still, it seemed like it may have developed some kind of interest in Omen if it was being nice to her. If that cat was really a stray doing its own thing, who knows what will become of it beyond lounging at the local bakery. The siblings would stick around to see how Shrimp would respond in this situation. Maybe he’d pick up on the scent on Rosa, or maybe he won’t.

However, Sen still couldn’t help but overhear Lin’s and Rosa’s conversation from a little earlier. He couldn’t imagine what it was like to have memories slowly taken away as one grew older. The whole idea of a disease that could do that is unfathomable, and yet it exists. The worse part was the toll it was taking on his friend, and he couldn’t help but feel for him. That kind of pain is the one that he had to try to ease somehow.

On 2022-02-25 at 6:06 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"You... Needn't apologize for that. My father is... He's unable to care for himself, nor can I care for him, or would be worthy to even gaze upon him anymore. I am a traitor to all he worked for, and a failure as his son, for leaving him behind, when he desperately cried out for me, in the months he began to slip away. Even if I came to understand what Zhu's message meant, and could retrieve him, the best I could do, were finding someplace that could ensure his last years were comfortable, away from his disappointment of a son.

*long, drawn out sigh* Sorry. I didn't mean to drag the mood down. I know your culture, you care for your parents, as they did you, and I admire that. Optimally, I would have liked to do the same, but there is nothing I can do there, even if I weren't several countries away from him now. He needs professional care. Not one who'd just fail to hear his cries again."

“Rosa? Can I have a word? Preferable somewhere private. This pain you’re carrying about your father. I’m… worried about this and how its eating at you. Would doing something about it help ease your pain? Visiting and just… saying things that need to be said?”