Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-05-27 at 3:29 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"It's unusual for this to be the case, yet I wonder, what is not unusual about this one? What brings this one, to follow us so, beyond mere amusement?

Well, in my case, I can make an assumption, that she saw I fed Shrimp, and wants a treat herself. Though I am not in possession of cat related treats currently. I shall endeavor to rectify that, at a later date."

“I swear that cat might be something that isn’t a cat. I mean, I doubt its coincidence that Munchkin had us follow it to the bakery, and it showed up again after we left the market. It’s as if it is intentionally looking for us after we first met. Now it’s here, likely studying us. Anybody find that strange?”

“You’re being too paranoid, Lin. If it isn’t a cat, I’d say it really must know how to behave like one because this disguise is pretty good. And if it is really just a cat, it must be well-trained, smart, or both.”

Munchkin saw Rosa offering to let it ride on his back, but it sat on the ground and stared at the thestral. It was fine with being on the ground and walking with the rest of the group to Uddo’s place. Based on how it just willingly followed them from the market to the workshop without begging for more attention, it was odd for it to do so, but not so much that it became problematic. Of course, Lin’s suspicions lingered, and the cat may have picked up on it from her tone. The walk to the workshop saw Munchkin staying much closer to Rosa and Sen, even if it was hanging a short ways away from the back. 

By the time the group made it to Uddo’s workshop, the store was barely illuminated, with only a small candle providing a source of light inside. It didn’t seem like anyone else was inside, though the upper floors were better lit. After all, Uddo and his family lived above their shop. As if sensing there was more for this group to do, Munchkin ran ahead and turned to the nearest corner, passing the workshop without stopping until further away before looking back at the odd group of creatures she accompanied. 

Meow!

“Hmm… looks like our new companion is heading off on her own. Guess we won’t have to ask Uddo if he wants to have a cat join us for dinner. I doubt this will be the last time we see of Munchkin, but it seems to take a liking to you, Rosa. It wasn’t rubbing itself on me or Lin, and it didn’t try asking food from you.”

Sen waved to Munchkin, who by that point was giving the group one long look before going on its way. Whatever else his planned, this was where they’d part for now. Back at the store, Lin would head to the door before looking inside. Without anyone to greet them, she’d try knocking first. Perhaps someone was in a back room on the ground floor, and they might hear them. After about a minute of nothing, she’d try knocking again.

If one were to closely inspect the door, there’d be an almost inconspicuous button being covered. Sen would just observe for a moment before pressing it lightly. There was no sound from the outside, but if only those inside could hear it, then they wouldn’t have to wait long. Fortunately, a young longma came by to greet them and let them in.

“Hey, you made it! We’ve just got everything set up. Come in!”

@Blitz Boom
Ruby spoke to Charir, presumably telling him what Leviathan asked her to, since he started paying attention to the game, he did look after Leviathan when she separated from them, but Ruby told him to stay put, which he did, because while he rather would have been with Leviathan than Ruby, he was more scared of Ruby and what she could do if he didn't so as she said. He was glad when she came back.

Before starting, Ruby explained something to Charir, she was pointing at the machine and more specifically the different numbers on it, so one could assume she was talking about the point system. "Had to give him a quick lesson about numbers, one more thing certain mother didn't teach." while she mentioned her, it wasn't really her mothers fault and she knew it, because the truth was, their kind didn't have written numbers, their 'numbers' were just amount of lines up to ten, and with bigger numbers things were written in specific way, for an example, instead of hundred being a one number, they would mark lines in a way that meant ten tens, and thousand would be marked as ten of those, though, as could probably be guessed from the fact most of them couldn't read, they didn't really need to write anything. 

Ruby too would have a weaker start, as even after weighting the ball and doing some mental calculations, due to her 'wrong' form, she messed up her first roll, getting only ten points, though after few less than stellar rolls, she got hang of it and would end up with slightly above average score, in her defense, the form of a pony was unnatural to her, in her real form she'd probably do better.

Charir in other hand crushed the competition , his first roll was also a warm up, landing in 30, but rest of them all hit either 50 or 100, this was due to a combination of things, one being his size, as his smaller size and more grounded build made throwing the balls in the right angle more natural to him, allowing him to control it better, and the other again being the natural adaptability, there wasn't really any variables, so once he found the right style, he could replicate it almost perfectly every time.

He was a humble winner, not because he was by any means humble, but because he didn't see the victory of this game as big of an achievement that some others may, hay, he barely understood the point, but he was also glad, it gave him a warm feeling to be better at something than someone else, something that wasn't really the case for most things.

---------------------------

Scarecrow was his usual self during the travel, though he had to admit, he hadn't really expected to ever travel by train, and as far as he remembered, it was a new experience for him, which was nice, since variation was almost pleasant, almost, because he didn't actually feel anything special.

He agreed with Crow regarding the forest, as he too didn't feel anything special either, at least not yet, who knew, maybe there was something he would be able to feel, he believed Lyriel when she said she sensed something, and it had been shown that when strong enough power is involved, even he could feel it, be it the feeling in Lyriel's sanctuary or the presence of that one unicorn. 

"I am, I have nothing to prepare and no wish to wait." "I've had more than enough time to think things like this through several times." he had thought about it, then forgotten about it, and then thought about it again, not this specific situation of course, but plenty of others, and even with the worst outcomes he could imagine for himself, all of them were worth the risk, because when you felt nothing, even suffering was a step to the right direction.

--------------------------------------------

The Siblings gave a side-eye towards the mare, while Chega would give a friendly wave if looked at by her, she didn't know the individual, but considering she had been in lot of places, it wasn't impossible that the guard had seen her performance somewhere. Sheska and Trox didn't actually know much about their own coastal guard, they knew it existed, after all, they were part of the reason why leaving Equestria was pretty much impossible, but they had never been even close to the coast, so they didn't actually know how they operated or what they fought.  

"It would probably be good to leave it to the guards." Sear suggested "Don't want to get into their way after all." Sheska continued from that "You're probably right, but it may be we haven't heard the last from them, the attacker I mean, after all, we kinda messed up their plans by getting involved, so depending on what their motivation was, they may want revenge, especially towards me since I saved the victims." if it was monetary motivation in form of inheritance, the attacker was no doubt angry at her from not letting the victims die. Trox nodded "I agree, it seemed like a professional, so I wouldn't be surprised if we are next on the list." neither of them sounded worried, like at all, though why would they be, the only thing in this world that they had seen that they saw as an actual threat was Solar, the guard from their own world, and maybe Pinkie pie if she would have been hostile.

@Kujamih

"Th-oooooughts. Thoughts. Hehe, thoughts in book."

Shark were giggling, and poked the book a few times with her nose. Silly thing. Very silly.

There were some things happening around them - a librarian seemed to finally take notice off them, and caused her pause - but they weren't being confronted, so Bubble figured maybe it were time to take them along, to the next venue. They could always come back, and ask the librarians about things later on.

SO he'd lead them out, and down to the next door, which would open up into a room filled with beanbag chairs, soothing overhead light, some lamps, and a few low tables.

"This is the reading room, outside of class. A lot find it nice and soothing to read here, so it is generally used a fair bit, I'm told."

Shark would go and investigate the room, by going over, and stepping on one of the beanbags. She'd almost fall off, so she'd try a few more times, before an idea went into her head, and she'd fly up, then land down on all four hooves slowly. Which finally seemed to work on making her stand stable, and made her grin even wider, until she tried to move and stumbled off, landing on her belly.

"Rock is weird. Too soft."

=====================================================================

@-Buttercup-

"She is a gifted filly, as much as she is cursed, to be able to deal with these things. Yet even gifted, it seems odd to me, that she could do so without training, so others must be behind her. I need to see their intention. A dark mind, could use her talents for terrible, terrible things."

She'd keep her eyes on Mourner's Puppet, as they wandered along. Such an innocent little mind, and yet, so much darkness followed her. What reason were there for this, or who fostered it? She needed answers for that, among other things.

As she were offered a ride, Puppet would giggle, and clap her front hooves together.

"Sounds fun, Come Dolly. The nice mare's gonna give us a lift."

Puppet thought the mare looked nice, so sure, she'd take the ride. Sounded like a fun time, even if she weren't as tall as Sherwood were, who usually had her on his shoulder.

Neither the filly, nor Dolly, weighed more than you'd think, looking at them, so it shouldn't be hard to carry the smiling pair.

"You do well with her, Sparkle. A motherly instinct, rests within you.

To bring forth what you said before though, you mention an ancestor, whom is a ghost? I wonder, if that is related to the stream of souls I see, lured towards the place... Others have I seen, that does so, in my time. None with good intention. As you know little of it yourself though, I will need to judge it, by my own eyes."

They'd walk a little more, with the mare seemingly thinking to herself, before speaking again.

"...I wonder if perhaps, now will be the exemption to this? Is after all these years, I will see progress, never thought possible, in my days?"

She seemed to speak mostly to herself as she said that, and not long after, they'd reach the town gates. The skeletal guards focusing instantly on Puppet, with the left one going back into town, to inform them that she had been found.

Vivid's jaw seemed to slack briefly though, at the sight of the town, and the beings she could see, even from out here.

"What is this place?"

"Home. Hehe, I bet grandma's gonna be happy when we find her. She was worried when my dolly went missing too."

They could walk right in, if they wanted to. The guard weren't gonna stop any of them. Even if there would be given odd glances from the remaining guard, towards Vivid. Though its sockets were mostly on Puppet.

===========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-05-28 at 8:56 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“I swear that cat might be something that isn’t a cat. I mean, I doubt its coincidence that Munchkin had us follow it to the bakery, and it showed up again after we left the market. It’s as if it is intentionally looking for us after we first met. Now it’s here, likely studying us. Anybody find that strange?”

“You’re being too paranoid, Lin. If it isn’t a cat, I’d say it really must know how to behave like one because this disguise is pretty good. And if it is really just a cat, it must be well-trained, smart, or both.”

"The issue is, that cats are strange creatures to judge. They are not dumb creatures, yet their motivations vary wildly, as do their capabilities. I must admit myself, to thinking there is more to her, than a mere cat. Or at least, that she were trained well, to be more than your regular street cat, but I can't say for sure. Cats are... Cats. Small enigmas, in and by themselves. It is one thing, that many find endearing, over the more predictable patterns of dogs.

I will need to see more, before I can make any guesses, on the nature of Munchkin. So far though, she at least seems harmless, or good willed. We shall see how things develop."

As he said, he weren't sure. On some levels, the cat were weird, but everything could still come down to this just being how she were, or be related to some sorta training. She definitely weren't just some street cat though, that much he were fairly certain about. There were more to her, than met the eyes.

Meow!

“Hmm… looks like our new companion is heading off on her own. Guess we won’t have to ask Uddo if he wants to have a cat join us for dinner. I doubt this will be the last time we see of Munchkin, but it seems to take a liking to you, Rosa. It wasn’t rubbing itself on me or Lin, and it didn’t try asking food from you.”

Seemed like there were a limit, to Munchkin's curiosity then. Or she had already seen what she needed/wanted to. Again, cats. Odd creatures, though cute. He would give them that.

As it seemed she were going to leave them behind for now, he'd give a respectful nod to the cat, and remind himself to try and get some cat treats, when he had the chance. Or just fish in general. Might answer a few things too, depending on how Munchkin might react to those things. They'd see.

"Perhaps another time. At least this behavior is somewhat typical of cats. Distancing themselves, and observing, before going in. We'll see if she's still here, when we come out. If not, I get the feeling we shall meet again, somewhat soon though."

Omen would just look towards Munchkin, indifferent as always, before turning to the door. Whereas Shrimp, would poke his head out of her mane, and hiss at her, before diving back in. He didn't trust the cat. Nope. Bad, bad thing, of claws and fur.

Sen waved to Munchkin, who by that point was giving the group one long look before going on its way. Whatever else his planned, this was where they’d part for now. Back at the store, Lin would head to the door before looking inside. Without anyone to greet them, she’d try knocking first. Perhaps someone was in a back room on the ground floor, and they might hear them. After about a minute of nothing, she’d try knocking again.

If one were to closely inspect the door, there’d be an almost inconspicuous button being covered. Sen would just observe for a moment before pressing it lightly. There was no sound from the outside, but if only those inside could hear it, then they wouldn’t have to wait long. Fortunately, a young longma came by to greet them and let them in.

“Hey, you made it! We’ve just got everything set up. Come in!”

"Blessing upon your house, this fine evening. It is good to hear that we were not too late.

We were uncertain, about the sudden intrusion upon you, meant there were enough supplies, so we brought something along. As well as a minor gift, that we hope will fall in favor.

But one thing at a time. Lead us to Uddo if you would, please."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Leviathan would end up the lowest scorer, by a few points. Sh3 didn't do so intentionally  but she were so focused on Charir's plays, that she lost some of her own.

It were slightly annoying, as she had her pride. Being last sucked with that in mind, but there were thankfully something else she could focus on. That being how well Charir had done. With how consistently high his points were  from the very start, he had trounced them, to a point where even random onlookers decided to cheer when he hit a max pointer, at times.

If he seemed to react badly to it, she'd try and calm him down, and would add in her own cheers just in general too, when he did good. Same with Ruby, as fair were fair.

She figured that if Charir saw that she too did this, he'd understand it as the positive thing that it were, regardless of the fact that he didn't understand Ponish.

At the end here though, she'd put a smile on, and go pat him on the shoulder, opposit of where she were standing to him.

"Great job, Charir. Trounced us both, on your first try even. You did good too Ruby. Gonna need to get a rematch some other time, and see if I can't at least beat you, the next time, heh.

So, hand to eye coordination games are good. Let's try something a little different.

Ruby? You ever tried to dance? There's these fun contraptions over there, where you gotta match your movements on the buttons, with the directions on the screen. It's easier if you just follow the rhythm, but you can do well too, by just timing it with the symbols.

It's pretty fun. Wanna give it a go? Or is something else catching your eye?"

This were her idea currently at least, and she'd be happy going against them both, or let the two of them, take on eachother, one by one. It were a two creature game, and as the buttons were mostly magical, a little weight on Charir's part, weren't gonna break it.

Though if she'd rather try something else, or Charir needed some air, they could do that instead. No scale off of her nose.

===================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Since they were all ready, Bloody would take a deep breath, and begin moving forward. She were not as ready as they were, as going here made her really nervous. More than she already were, most of the time.

This were her family's ancestral home, after all. Centuries of ponies, with *gifts* like hers, had sprung up from here, and now, she were going to meet them all. Her, who had only known about them, through her mothers stories. Actually seeing it in real life, were intimidating to think about, but she had already made it this far. It were too late to turn back now.

As they moved along, Lyriel would bask in the sounds, smells, and feelings of the forest. An odd energy still lingered faintly over it, but it felt like a vibrant, thriving forest. Much better than the train ride, that were certain.

Having learned from previous experience, Lyriel had brought a bucket of dirt with her, to rest her hooves in. Not having connection to the ground, were painful to her, and while this weren't ideal, it had managed to keep it down to merely being uncomfortable. She had left the bucket at the station they had gotten to, in case she needed it to get home again. Might be she'd just walk though. They'd see.

It would not be long, before they got to the outskirts of a town. Houses not build of wood, but rather carved into the large trees, in a way that kept the trees alive, and flourishing. A ratherarge town, for a forest area, and pretty dark, as the crowns did not let much sunlight through. Enough to make it a dim, soft light  they could still see things in though. Which did not include any ponies. It seemed like there weren't any locals, up and about.

"Oooh, visitors. Hello."

Except for one. A filly, around twelve, wearing what looked like a mourners garment for mares, next to a  ucket of murky water. It seemed she had been cleaning up a wooden booth, with some shelves behind it, when they showed up.

"You're a bit early. The locals locals wake up before sundown, and- Awh, that's adorable! Is it yours?"

She'd point at not Crow - who were a little bit offended, but kept its beak shut - but at Rusty. Bloody's little scarecrow creature, that had decided to pop out of it's box, and look around.

Bloody would nod, and while the face of the filly were blocked, behind the dark veil, it were likely that she were smiling, due to the sound of her voice.

"That must mean you're part of the family too. Or just here for training? Either way, it's nice to see you. I'm Coffin Bearer.

Oh, and that Caroline."

A spider made entirely out of burlap and string, would crawl up on the counter, from having been behind it. A rope attached to it's abdomen with a softened hook, covered with burlap, at the end, slung back up on it's back, after it had used it to pull itself up. A living voodoo doll it seemed  that would look towards Rusty with it's cross-stitched eyes, who would in turn look back at it.

The two would move towards one another after that. No idea if it were gonna end well, but at least they had some confirmation here, that they were dealing with another Macabre.

============================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The coastal guard had been confused as to who it were, that were waving at her, but she'd wave back. Repay kindness with kindness, as they said  though she didn't seem certain what to do next. It appeared as if she were thinking about something, while looking over the kobolds, but remained inactive currently, as they spoke.

"If they try to retaliate, I will render their minds into mush. I do not take being attacked, in a kind way.

But very well, we sball not actively look for them. Though might I suggest staying in populated areas, for now,? Seems less likely to be attempted assassinated, if there are witnesses. As we saw, whomever it were, seems to like erasing clues."

"Excuse me?"

The coastal guard had decided to approach them, and wod do her best to try and ignore the half she had just heard, assuming it lacked context.

"Are you perchance called Chega? I've not encountered you personally before, but my daugther have spoken of a kobold, wandering with a dragon. A musician, yes? Don't mean to intrude. I just want to confirm this, if true. My daugther speaks in rosy tones of this musician, and she'd be happy knowing I ran into her."

@Blitz Boom 

"Oh that's why I haven't heard of bat ponies before!" Plum Blossom exclaimed. She thought back to when Jelly Drops stumbled around without her sunglasses. 

"Oh, you mean Zap Apples? Those magical apples are real mysterious. However, everypony in Ponyville loves them," Apple Bloom explained. "So, what brings you here?" Apple Bloom asked.

@Blitz Boom

Light would pick her up and assist her.

" Yup, that rock is called a beanbag, used for sitting."

He'd then question the guide and ask," isn't this still part of the library? So there's a separate room for reading in the library... And just reading? Hmm fancy"... 

@Blitz Boom
While he was being taken off guard at first by the cheers, Charir didn't react badly to them, besides being slightly wary of his surroundings, he may have not understood what was being said, but he was able to tell the difference in tones and such, so he could tell a difference between a threat and someone just being loud.  Ruby didn't much react to Leviathan's cheers, as to her doing well in a game like this wasn't much of an achievement, though she secretly hoped she could enjoy it like everyone else seemed to, she was not blind to the fact that her inability to enjoy 'meaningless' things affected her personal happiness.  

While Charir didn't feel as much pride for the victory as he could have, what he did feel pride for was Leviathan's approval, he didn't understand what she said, but he could tell from her voice and demeanor that she was praising him, and it visibly made him happy, he was so starved for positive attention that he'd take any praise he could, regardless of how small his success may be. Ruby also said something to him, and it seemed to surprise him so much he didn't know how to react.

Another likely surprise, was Ruby's response to Leviathan "Don't get stuck on it, you are anatomically in disadvantage, the game wasn't a true test of skill." the games were ultimately made ponies and other quadruped creatures in mind, so naturally Leviathan, being bipedal, was in disadvantage. 

Ruby spoke to Charir after Leviathan's suggestion, and after few exchanges of words, she addressed Leviathan "Sure, we can try it, it'll be nice physical activity if nothing else." "And yes, I actually know how to dance, I learned it because it helps with.....social connection." manipulation, she was talking about manipulation, ponies got oddly emotional when dancing. 

------------------------------------------------

Scarecrow looked around the town, the size of it was mainly what he focused on, as the darkness, the houses, and the emptiness were similar to what he was used to in the Everfree forest, though he had to admit, something about it felt different, he just couldn't put a hoof on it, was it the lack of the Everfree magic? or was there some other energy here? he couldn't really tell. "Nice to...meet you." he said to the filly, giving his best attempt at a friendly smile, this place was certainly something, and even without being able to feel anything, he could tell this place was bit...eery, somehow he knew that if he could feel, he would feel uneasy. 

"I'm Scarecrow, and this is Crow, This is Lyriel, and this..." she pointed at Bloody, though it took a moment of thinking for him to continue "...Bloody was it? sorry, my memory is doing its thing again." 

-----------------------------------------------

Chega noticed the guard's uncertainty, but didn't think much of it, after all, she didn't recognize her either, and was just familiar with the coastal guard as a whole, besides, little friendliness never hurt anyone. Everyone kinda just nodded to Onache's plan of action regarding the possible attack, the defense part wasn't really a problem, since Chega was the only one without active combat skills, and even she had skills to defend herself, and staying in population was also perfectly fine to them. 

To no one's surprise, Sheska and Trox tensed up when the guard started to approach, though their reaction wasn't as strong as it had been with the other guard, and they kinda just separated themselves from her by having the others between themselves and the guard, the lesser reaction was due to her not really resembling any specific guards they had met in their life, and their problem was mainly that they knew she was a guard. 

"Yes indeed, I am Chega." Chega said cheerfully "A musician, a bard, a storyteller, I'm glad to know I have fans." she smiled, while she radiated happiness, she wasn't prideful, she didn't do what she did for fame or money, she did it to entertain others and tell stories "What's her name? I could give you something to bring her." 

@Blitz Boom

Lin wouldn’t dwell so much on the cat, though she’d still keep an eye on it in case it showed up again. Seemed like she and Shrimp are in agreement about having suspicions, while Sen and Rosa were more… accommodating and open to having Munchkin follow them around. So far, the cat was harmless and curious, but if it had any ulterior motives for wanting to observe their behaviors, none could say. There are other distractions for them at the moment, pleasant ones based on the situation, as Kiba welcomed the group to his home. 

On 2022-05-29 at 7:45 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Blessing upon your house, this fine evening. It is good to hear that we were not too late.

We were uncertain, about the sudden intrusion upon you, meant there were enough supplies, so we brought something along. As well as a minor gift, that we hope will fall in favor.

But one thing at a time. Lead us to Uddo if you would, please."

“Thank you for coming. It’s still strange learning that your father and mine go way back, but he explained it to me after you left. I’m actually more interested in how you all came together. I didn’t expect to see longma out here and together like this. You all must be well-travelled.”

“To be honest, we didn’t think we’d actually be away from the forest for so long. Things got… complicated back then, and going back is hard sometimes.”

“I can’t say I could imagine what that is like, but we could talk about these some more over dinner. How about you, Miss Omen and Mister Rosa? I’m sure you’ve been around parts of town. How are you liking Old Canterlot?”

The young longma would guide the group through the shop and to the back, past a door that seemingly went to a back room. In it was a lone staircase leading to the upper floors. Though Uddo’s business was lucrative, and he enjoyed having a clientele mostly coming from Canterlot’s more affluent residents, the interiors were more modest. There were a few pieces of furniture that wouldn’t look out of place from the workshop or product line, but their home had a simpler, almost rustic aesthetic. Some bits of decorations were up, including some paintings hung on wooden frames. 

Even the layout seemed like it was capitalizing on using the limited space to fit as many things in it as possible while still permitting movement. The living room’s couches were much closer to the stairs, while the kitchen was on the furthest side where the windows overlooked the street. If one were to look at the coffee table between the two couches, there’d be an odd, eye-catching showpiece: a red iron-ribbed fan, larger and longer than an average pony’s leg, that could be folded and mounted on something like a bracer or piece of armor. It had seen better days, as the rusted metal, dents, scratches, and singe marks hinted at its potential age, maybe even its history.

Beyond the living room, Uddo and Shade were preparing the table, and there was a fair assortment of food already prepared. A tossed salad, some bread, and some brimming bowls were ready for consumption, and the smell could already reach the exit. Upon hearing the commotion coming from the lower floor coming up, the older longma would turn around to see his guests arrive, and he’d put down what he was doing to join them.

“It’s good to see you all again, and I’m glad you could make it! I wasn’t sure how much food I should prepare, but I could smell something good on you! Looks like we all won’t go to bed hungry. Come, take a seat!”

Uddo gestured the group to sit by the dinner table while he’d get the rest of the food on the kitchen counter. There’s going to be a lot to go through, but all of that and more would be best enjoyed in good company. In the meantime, Sen and Lin would start unloading the food they got from the market. There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that they’ll be having a feast. 

@Kujamih

Shark were wobbling a bit, as she were helped to sit on the beanbag chair. It were certainly soft, but it was feeling mighty weird for her.

"Strange rock. Real rock better."

She were not a fan of this creation, and would definitely pick rocks, or hard chairs over this. It felt too much like she were slipping into something, like a sandbank, or a net. Nets were especially bad. Really, really bad. Did not like.

"Well, some creatures like to read in more comfy environments, or more quietly. Libraries can get crowded, which is an issue for some. Personally I think it's good, that this place  accommodates everypony, as best they can.

Next room though, isn't the library. That would be the lecture hall. I don't think there is one right now, but they're rather frequent, so best to have a look, before it gets crowded."

He'd lead the two out of this room, and down to the end of this hallway, where the lecture hall were. A large room, with currently nopony on stage, but there were a lot of creatures setting up in here. Including the two kitsune, currently sitting very near to the entrance. And as the lot of them entered, their ears would perk, and nostrils flare. Even before they suddenly turned, it were clear they knew who had arrived. Weren't like other ponies smelled like Shark did regardless, so not that hard.

"*gasp* Fluffy ones! Hello!"

Shark would enthusiastically bounce over, and smile at the two of them, that'd in turn scoot back a bit, uncertain of her intent.

"It's her again. Hello."

"Kitsune. Hehe, funny word, for fluffy ones. I am Shark. This is Light. My mate. Hi."

She'd drag him over, if he wanted to, or not, and rube the side of his face with her own, with a big grin on her face.

"Mate? That's something. You have interesting tastes."

It were hard to say, who they were talking about there. Light, or Shark. Either way, they seemed uncertain what to do, and a little spooked. Tricksters or not, they were still kits, in a foreign land. They weren't sure what to expect.

==============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

On 2022-05-31 at 11:36 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

While Charir didn't feel as much pride for the victory as he could have, what he did feel pride for was Leviathan's approval, he didn't understand what she said, but he could tell from her voice and demeanor that she was praising him, and it visibly made him happy, he was so starved for positive attention that he'd take any praise he could, regardless of how small his success may be. Ruby also said something to him, and it seemed to surprise him so much he didn't know how to react.

While he didn't say a peep, Leviathan could see that the positive reinforcement were bearing fruit. Poor little guy. So young, and deserving of a mothers love and affection. And yet, ruined by a culture, that shunned positivity, and rewarded only strength. Had she whelps of her own, she could never imagine being like that to them. Ever. She wished to cherish the little lives, and watch them grow stronger, and independent, at their own pace. Forever aware, that if times got tough, they could always come knocking on her door.

Charir were not hers, and she were well aware of that. Yet it mattered little to her. If he had never felt the care of a motherly figure, then she would happily take on that role for him. And little by little, it seemed to get through to him, that she did just want what were best for him, and were actually caring for him.

Some might argue, that perhaps she couldn't be a good, motherly figure, seeing as her own had eaten her father, and destroyed the rest of her clutch. Yet that dragonness, much as she were blood, had not raised her. The one who had stolen her egg had, and she had taught her good values. As well as several ways to groom fur, and effective ways of removing fleas. Not something she needed, but y'know, life came with lessons, big and small.

Another likely surprise, was Ruby's response to Leviathan "Don't get stuck on it, you are anatomically in disadvantage, the game wasn't a true test of skill." the games were ultimately made ponies and other quadruped creatures in mind, so naturally Leviathan, being bipedal, was in disadvantage. 

This one were a shocker too. Were Ruby finally softening up a bit too? Hah! This were going better than she had imagined. She'd celebrate it, if she didn't think it pretty tacky, and might cause Ruby to withdraw into her shell again.

"I also had more time to train it though. I'm just a little rusty, it seems."

Ruby spoke to Charir after Leviathan's suggestion, and after few exchanges of words, she addressed Leviathan "Sure, we can try it, it'll be nice physical activity if nothing else." "And yes, I actually know how to dance, I learned it because it helps with.....social connection." manipulation, she was talking about manipulation, ponies got oddly emotional when dancing. 

"Well then, let's see what you got. I'll show you how this works, and then the two of us will battle it out. Charir can see how it's done then, and battle the winner."

It were fairly self explanatory. The token would be inserted, you picked a piece of music, and then you had to step on the right markers, at the right time. A game made for quadrupeds perhaps, but this one, Leviathan had fairly good experience with doing well on. Her feet touching the front and side buttons, and her tail being used to push down the back one. She had tried getting used to doing this on all fours, but it felt off every time, so she had stopped that.

There were a bit of a line, but a dragon, facing off against - what they assumed were - a pony? Not something folks saw every day, so they'd let the three of them scoot in, and stand around to observe.

There were a short tutorial one could go, going over the movements, and a thirty second test song. After that, the real one needed to be picked, and all of them, were something with a beat to it. Had to be possible to follow right, though there were various difficulty levels. Leviathan would let Ruby pick one, then get to town.

She were the sort who'd hum along, and follow the melody. Though she were at a minor disadvantage, due to what kind of species this game were made for, she'd do fine. Better than the last game for sure, and it really got the blood pumping.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Y-Yes. Bloody Ploughman. This is Rusty."

"He's so well made, in a nice, rustic sort of way. I guess this means you're part of the family, huh? Can't say I heard your name before though. Where are you from?"

"V-Vanhoover, actually."

"Woah. I think this is the first time I've met one from outside of Equestria. Cool.

I bet you're here to visit the family then, huh?"

"Yes, p-please. Is it... Here?"

"No no no. This here's the Moonlit Thicket. It's the most popular of the three regular towns in this forest, and it's pretty much just bat ponies. That's why it's so quiet right now. Lots of carnivals and stuff here though. The pegasus town, and the breezie town, are further in, and then a bit from here, to the side, is our place. The Macabre Estate. Come on. I'll lead the way. Hehe, if we can get those two to stop playing."

She were pointing at the two creations as she said that, who were currently making random low noises, and poking one another, seemingly curious, as well as careful, not to cause harm to the other. Seemed like the two of them were gonna get along fine, as it looked right now.

The filly would push the bucket under the counter of the stall she were cleaning, and started to walk along.

"So, I guess there's some trouble with you two, huh? I don't see any spirits, but you sure do feel a little death aligned, Scarecrow. Are you a mortician? Maybe a graveyard attendant? You don't seem possessed, at least."

==============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Actually, if it would not be too much trouble, I do have something that I think she would appreciate, if you could sign."

She slowly took the trident from her back, and underneath it, would pull out a smaller, ornate trident, in shimmering silver. Furthermore, it were on a chain, making it obvious that it were a necklace. Though still not ideal to write on. The attached envelope though, in which were a small metal plaque, would be ideal.

"Her name is Clam Shell. Lieutenant Junior Grade, in the Coastal Guard, after the ceremony.

Diligent mare that one. Makes a mother proud, to see her get a promotion, so soon after she thought she'd never be a good guard. Bad guards doesn't just into a Sunstream Jelly to save others though. Nor gets up still covered head to hoof in gauze, to make her rounds.

I had something made for her, to mark the day, but I think she'd enjoy if perhaps you could sign it too? If it is not too much trouble, ma'am."

Drawing it out of the envelope, she'd see the plaque said *To the bravest mare, a mother could wish for." The silver trident itself, had the letters M O and M, on the three prongs too, to make it have a bit of style to it. There were room beneath the writing on the plaque, for Chega to write something. In pen, carving in it, or whatever other means.

As for the jelly in question, if any of them had been in ocean areas, they'd know this were no small thing. Sunstream Jellies were several meters across, and their tendrils burned like fire. Floating about, they ate various, charred animals, that got in their grasp, and usually, they'd never make it in bay. If one had gotten through though, and had hit a flock of foals.... It could have been disastrous. Though due to the nature of those things, Clam were likely in gauze, from burn damage. If one were wrapped up up by these things, you were lucky if all you had to deal with, were losing all of the hair on your body.

======================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-05-31 at 1:56 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Thank you for coming. It’s still strange learning that your father and mine go way back, but he explained it to me after you left. I’m actually more interested in how you all came together. I didn’t expect to see longma out here and together like this. You all must be well-travelled.”

“To be honest, we didn’t think we’d actually be away from the forest for so long. Things got… complicated back then, and going back is hard sometimes.”

“I can’t say I could imagine what that is like, but we could talk about these some more over dinner. How about you, Miss Omen and Mister Rosa? I’m sure you’ve been around parts of town. How are you liking Old Canterlot?”

"Better than I had heard, and thus expected. Thank you for asking."

"It is big."

Omen couldn't well say if she liked it or not, as that type of emotion, weren't something she were overly familiar with, and thus, couldn't express properly, nor understand. She did not find it to be bad, if that is what Kiba meant, but she could not be sure. So she just said objectively, what she thought of this section of town. Which yes, were somewhat large, all things considered. Canterlot were a large place though, so it made sense.

"She is still evaluating it. Give her time, and she will be more expressive about it. I for one are as said, pleasantly surprised. I doubt that point of view will change much."

He were well aware that Omen's opinion would likely just be with a few more words, rather than her feelings on the matter, but it were simpler to just say this, rather than explain how she were emotionally crippled. Which were an accurate, yet unkind thing to say of a friend. As were it, to openly say that he doubted she would ever be emotionally capable. It just seemed to be far too late for that now, in his opinion. Discord failed her early, and she became stagnant, instead of evolving, and developing with knew knowledge. At least to him, it seemed that at best, she would become able to read and write, and perhaps understand things clinically, but might forever struggle with connecting herself fully, and properly, to emotions. Didn't mean it were worth not trying, but still, he worried for her.

On 2022-05-31 at 1:56 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Beyond the living room, Uddo and Shade were preparing the table, and there was a fair assortment of food already prepared. A tossed salad, some bread, and some brimming bowls were ready for consumption, and the smell could already reach the exit. Upon hearing the commotion coming from the lower floor coming up, the older longma would turn around to see his guests arrive, and he’d put down what he was doing to join them.

“It’s good to see you all again, and I’m glad you could make it! I wasn’t sure how much food I should prepare, but I could smell something good on you! Looks like we all won’t go to bed hungry. Come, take a seat!”

Uddo gestured the group to sit by the dinner table while he’d get the rest of the food on the kitchen counter. There’s going to be a lot to go through, but all of that and more would be best enjoyed in good company. In the meantime, Sen and Lin would start unloading the food they got from the market. There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that they’ll be having a feast. 

The trip through the longma's home were interesting for a small detail, in his mind: The usage of space. A lot of beings - equines especially - tended to prefer things more spread out. Systematic overview, with room between to move things around, and make it more simple to section everything. Sure they often had times where they'd have a lot of things stacked on say, a shelf, but if you looked at it, it were still sectioned. Not a lot of things around, or on said shelves, or things you wouldn't expect.

This seemed to make use of space as best as possible, to have as many things as possible. A notable contrast, yet one that he at least, personally enjoyed

"It is good to see you once more, Uddo. We bring food of our own, as we were uncertain how our sudden invitation, would impact your storage. I see now that we shall be having quite a feast, with all things combined.

We also wished to bring a gift. A fruit basket. Omen? If you'd please?"

Omen had carried a fair few things, but the fruit basket were one that she were carrying with the lower end, of all the tongue she had out of her mouth, wrapped around objects. Quite a strong thing really, but that had been the intention too. Discord had wanted her to be able to pick various things up for him, and figured this were more fun than merely having her use her hooves.

In any case, the basket would be put down separately, as she put down other things, just as the siblings did too, which they had been carrying. The load as they left here, would be quite a bit smaller, than when they arrived.

"It looked fairly enticing. I am not aware if you have tried moongrown food, but I can personally recommend it. That said, I will admit to being biased, due to my heritage. Do not be intimidated by the potatoes either. No need to peel them, and you boil or bake them, like any regular one. You'd be surprised how many think them to be complex, and difficult to work with."

At this point, one guest they may not have noticed before, would poke his head up, from Omen's mane, and sniff the air. His jaws opened and closed in anticipation, of all the food he could smell, but as he looked around, his attention would be brought elsewhere. Specifically, to Kiba, and Uddo. A confused yelp would escape him, before he'd slither off down from Omen's head, and towards the closest one of those two. He seemed surprised, and a little hesitant, but still curious, and would inch closer, bit by bit, whilst chirping confused.

"Ah yes, that does remind me. This is Shrimp. Omen's companion, if you will. Do not be alarmed. Long as you do not attempt anything bad, he is utterly harmless. And even if you do, he seems mostly capable of confusing others, with his peculiar breath. Though be advised, that he Will be begging at the table. If you want to get on his good side, indulge it slightly. Just nothing with meat. I am told his kind are purely vegetarian, and cannot stomach it.

If you move in carefully, he may let you touch him. He's mostly connecting the smell of Omen, and her kin, to being friends, but I think longma smells, may work too. Long as there is no sudden movements."

If there were sudden movements, He's hiss, and slither back into Omen's mane, as quickly as he could. if not, he'd smell the claws of whomever might reach out for him, and then rub his head on it, seemingly okay. Longma were - right after Ki'nathar - the race he mostly connected with bigger beings, he could trust. Though sudden movements, in an unfamiliar environment, wasn't the best way to make him trust you.

@Skylight Scintillate

"Zap apples sounds funny. Maybe I'll see them someday then, hehe.

And I just wanted to have a trip around town. Princess Luna asked daddy to move here and help, a few days ago, and then mom helped me join him too, so I wouldn't be sad. I haven't had a lot of time to explore, but then I met Plum, when the big sphinx came into town, and she's showing me places. It's really nice to have somepony like her to help.

I was worried it'd be hard to make friends here too. Not a lot have met bat ponies out here, just like you, and sometimes, others are mean, because I'm different. It's really nice to already meet several, that's a lot better than I had feared, the first day I got into school.

I'm not entirely a bat pony though. my daddy is a real, full blood thestral. But my mom is a pegasus. Real thestrals are a lot darker in their coat colors. They say I'm mostly bat pony though. Lots more like them, than ponies.

...You don't think bat ponies bite others I hope though, right? Some of the foals in school, think that I'll bite, because I have big fangs. Silly thought. I'm not a vampire bat. Daddy don't wanna talk about them, but he says that's a bad disease, that can hit thestrals, and makes you dangerous. Real rare.

Am I rambling? Sorry. Just not had a lot to talk with recently. It's nice speaking with others.

How is farm life? Can I ask that? We only ever saw that in books, in Canterlot. And field trips, but that were regular farms, not apple farms."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Light would blush a bit, but would enjoy it none the less when Shark would cuddle him. 

Light was a bit surprised from the kitsune being curious than mischievous.

" I prefer my choices to be weird than to be boring, and it's never boring when I'm with her. " Light replied to the kitsune.

" I think I've never heard of your name though? Would it be alright to ask?"

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia smiled as the filly and the doll got up on her back. The filly would feel that Magnolia's coat is extremely soft and warm. There was not a spec of dirt or dust anywhere on her coat for it were pristine. One could say too pristine. Magnolia didn't feel one bit worried about this situation. If either of them wanted to harm her, they would have already done so. 

"Thank you. I've never been around fillies, really. I don't want any harm coming to her. I've met those who care for her. Not ones you want to mess with I can say all that much." she spoke to Vivid. "Apparently in order to live here I have to do some sort of test. There is more to it than that, but I don't know what it would be." she added and then turned to the town, watching as they approached the gates.

Apparently Vivid hadn't been here before. "For the time I've been here I either don't know or have forgotten the name of the place. The woods are called the Moonlit Thicket? I could be wrong, but I obviously need to find out more about this place. You can probably speak to the others in the town. You'd probably be right at home here, to be honest. Everyone here has something to do with death. No place like it in Equestria." she spoke as they entered within the gates.

Magnolia walks through the gates, leading them in while the filly rested comfortably on her back. She begins to look around for Alluria and the others she had met before, but perhaps they would find her first.

Edited by -Solstice-

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-06-03 at 7:02 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Better than I had heard, and thus expected. Thank you for asking."

"It is big."

Omen couldn't well say if she liked it or not, as that type of emotion, weren't something she were overly familiar with, and thus, couldn't express properly, nor understand. She did not find it to be bad, if that is what Kiba meant, but she could not be sure. So she just said objectively, what she thought of this section of town. Which yes, were somewhat large, all things considered. Canterlot were a large place though, so it made sense.

"She is still evaluating it. Give her time, and she will be more expressive about it. I for one are as said, pleasantly surprised. I doubt that point of view will change much."

“I understand. It can be quite a lot to take in, especially if you’re new. It was like that when I first walked around town. The back alleys are still confusing me even after all this time to settle. Don’t worry about it, Miss Omen. Take it in at your own pace.”

The siblings were just about ready when they’ve already pulled out all of the food they bought for dinner, and they’d get to the moongrown fruits, something that definitely caught Uddo’s attention. There was a mix of curiosity and glee in what little his subtle facial expressions suggest, perhaps hinting at some thoughts buried deep. Though it may seem enigmatic, it was just simple delight at being able to try something interesting. He wouldn’t take some for now, as he still had to attend to another dish still being cooked.

On 2022-06-03 at 7:02 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"It looked fairly enticing. I am not aware if you have tried moongrown food, but I can personally recommend it. That said, I will admit to being biased, due to my heritage. Do not be intimidated by the potatoes either. No need to peel them, and you boil or bake them, like any regular one. You'd be surprised how many think them to be complex, and difficult to work with."

“Moongrown food? You must’ve been to the night market then. I’m not really one to go out shopping after work, but I heard those kinds of food are pretty good. Never got a chance to try them, though. You’re already making me a lot hungrier now, but I still got something cooking. Oh, and I haven’t forgotten what you told me earlier today. I got a spicy soup coming up; I think Ms. Omen will like it.”

All this talk of food had to segue somewhere to the dinner table, though as the older longma had to get back to finishing the soup, it was left to Kiba to sit for introductions to Shrimp. A cute little creature for sure, but the younger longma wasn’t quite sure how to approach. Ever so slowly, he raised one claw and inched forward to the refraction, wondering how it would react to him. He was an unknown, and if it picks up on something untoward, it might make subsequent interactions a lot more awkward. After a bit of time, he’d simply leave his claw raised before him, but he’d just stick with that unless Shrimp allowed him to be touched. 

“You’re little friend is cute, and it seems like we won’t have to worry about meat-based foods. It’s all vegetables on the dinner table, so there’s no chance of feeding him something unexpected. You’ll probably need to stop me if I start overfeeding or indulging him because I don’t have experience with animals. Go ahead and pick a seat, by the way. Father won’t take long with the rest of tonight’s meal.”

While they were still at it, Shade walked up to the longma siblings and offered them a seat. The two obliged, and soon enough, the umbra went to Rosa and gestured him to take a seat as well. Just like earlier, he didn’t talk much, or at all, only making grunting sounds. His gestures were straightforward enough, as those were his substitutes for words. In a short while, Uddo returned with bowls of spicy black bean soup for everyone before taking his seat at the dinner table. That seemingly was the signal for the siblings to begin passing the food around, starting with the vegetable rolls and mushroom puffs. Sen still recalls just how much the latter was enticing to Rosa, so he offered him one.

“Don’t hesitate to grab what you like, everyone. Let’s eat!”

“I made some hot and spicy black bean soup for everyone. It's not too spicy though, as I didn't want everyone to burn their mouths. So, you mentioned earlier today that you are new here, Mister Rosa. If you don’t mind me asking, what brought you to Old Canterlot? And how did you and Miss Omen come to meet my niece and nephew? Hmm… now that I think about it, maybe those questions apply to all of you.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

"Ho ho ho!  Never under estimate the value of a kindred spirit, my good sir.  It can bring out the best in anypony, or any creature, in this case!  Ho ho ho!" the stallion's joyful, gruff laughter echoed down the hall.  Easier said than done for everypony, of course.  Star had a knack for being more easily liked.  Decades of practice with students was helpful, but their mother commented that their father had always been that way.  

The ringing laughter of the stallion was cut through by the joining of a new voice yet heard of by the family.  The traveling party stopped as their attention was drawn to a nearby window that framed the newcomer like many of the other paintings they'd encountered.  The knight's reactions were the easiest way to decode the situation in a quick manner.  The stallion's groomed appearance, lack of armor, an easy pin for Royalty.  Raven affirmed it.  "Ho ho ho.  A misunderstood soul just in need of further affirmation.  Magnificent," Star adjusted his glasses upon his snoot.  

Introductions made, the family respectfully bowed in greeting, acknowledging the royal for his position.  He seemed friendly enough with a warm welcoming smile.  Prince Necrotic.  A far more fitting name for Rising who could see the magics that shimmered about the stallion.  For the rest, considering what the knew about the nature of Harrowmark, it did seem fitting in that regard.  Not that he needed all that much, already coming in swinging with flattery.  The Prince was reward with a smile from the target of his flattery.  Grace was happy to finally see another pegasus, or what she assumed was a pegasus giving the sound of beating wings.  "Charmed," the mare cooed.  "And more true than you know, your Highness.  In all my efforts to drag him here," she chuckled.  Prepare him at least was likely more accurate an account.  Those of Harrowmark were going to open the portal regardless.  He'd end up here one way or another.

"Detective Rising Dusk, your Highness" the unicorn greeted with a slight bow of his head.  "Allow me to introduce my mother, Soaring Grace.  My father, Star Echo.  And my sister, Setting Dawn," he introduced his family.  Each in turn offering their own bows.  The mares, pillars of elegance, the stallion less practiced and stiff.  "My pleasure to be of service," accidental service, but the gratitude that came from the Prince sure made him feel all the brighter.  "Ho ho ho.  Look at us dear, meeting royalty already.  In a window," Star chuckled.  "A delighted pleasure, Prince Necrotic," Grace greeted.

@Rising Dusk

"There is no need for such formalities as titles, my friends. You are As our esteemed guests, I implore you, to please just call me Necrotic. Mother is not as lenient on that though, as she is rather traditional, so do please keep that in mind, and address her as Queen Magenta, or Your Majesty."

He might have a name, and magic implying otherwise, but Necrotic were a nice, calm and approachable pony, most of the time. It were one more reason why most of the peasantry were pleased, that when Twisted had taken one of the queen's sons, and turned into a monstrosity, to torment her, he had picked the other one. None would say that out loud, of course, and the general mood if Prince Grainfield were brought up, would be that of mourning. Especially among his family, where both Necrotic, and his father, were seen openly sad about his passing. Their mother were too, but she had gotten used to harden herself on the outside, to not show weakness to the old tyrant.

That said, if most were to say which one they liked more, it would tend to be Necrotic. Grainfield had some arrogance issues at times, which had caused him to rub a fair few, the wrong way. Though he had still been young, and had a good chance of growing out of that, before he were taken, twisted, and sent back as some wretched abomination.

"Still, I am charmed to meet you all. You, Mr. Dusk, are a sight for sore eyes of course, but it is a great delight to see your lovely family too. Each vibrant, and with grand stories of their own to tell, I would think. Perhaps after the ceremony, there shall be time to exchange some?

Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself once again. Mother wishes to see you herself. I should not keep her waiting.

Advisor Raven? If you would please, escort our honorable guest to the throne room, without further delay. Use the direct route. They will have much time to see the splendor of Copperhagen themselves later.

With that, I bid you all, farewell for now. I shall meet you in the throne room."

Necrotic would respectfully bow his head towards each of them in turn - starting with Rising - and would push himself back, and fly away fromt he window. They would see him soon enough again.

"Assume positions. If his highness wishes for the direct route, it shall be done."

The knights would nearly in tandem, go over to the nearest wall, and then use their spears, to make a large, crude outline of a door. Raven then, would weave a spell, casting a portal between here, and an anchor point elsewhere. Rising would likely be able to tell, that it involved not just a portal though, but also a magical *lock and key* essentially. A signature in the magic, required to connect to the specific point, where the portal were placed. If he wished to do the same at some point, he should memorize it. Which he probably already were, unintentionally.

Regardless, when the portal connected, and the portal opened, they would be able to walk through it, to get directly to the throne room. A large, imposing room, with banners of the Harrowish flag hanging on the walls - a large, charcoal oak, with a white cross of bones in the middle of it, on a crimson red surface - and knights standing on both sides of a pathway, leading to the throne itself. All as one, saluted their guests as they arrived, and parted further, to give them more space to wander on, towards the throne itself. A stone throne, with thick animal hides upon it, to provide comfortable seating, and a backseat towering several meters up into the air. And there, on the throne, sat the current ruler of Harrowmark.

An elderly unicorn mare, in her mid sixties. Her coat once lustrous and red as rubies, age had caused it to fade some in color, with grey streaks seen in various locations. Especially in her lustrous, once fully emerald mane and tail, with the former made up into a bun, and the tail hanging land down the throne, and hitting the floor.

She were at good health for her age, yet what truly should show her meddle - even for those not able to sense magic - should be her eyes. Vibrant and green, she looked them over with a neutral expression on her face, with those two orbs of iron will, scrutinizing every little detail she saw.

The royal dress she wore, were like much else in this country, not made to wear, merely for the sake of looks alone. It were not too frilly, and left plenty of room for her legs to move, in case it were needed. Yet the red dress were still looking surprisingly fresh, compared to much other things, as if this had been freshly made, or saved for just such an occasion, as now. Still in a style, that for Equestrians would seem ancient though. Just with the added requirement of mobility.

The long dark cape, crown, scepter, and skull, that had been seen in the painting of the undead king, were on her person too. Signs of the ruler, which she would not show herself without, for such esteemed guests as these, if they were whom, she thought they were.

Next to the throne, were a pegasus stallion. Far less of an imposing aura to him, and even his magic were miniscule, in comparison to Queen Magenta, and Prince Necrotic. A sparrow, standing next to a majestic eagle. His whole ensemble carried some semblance to Rising's, but of a far older make, seemed freshly cleaned, and the stallion himself, had a pulled back, grey mane, short, combed tail, and an olive-green coat. He'd look at the with anxious anticipation, behind his small glasses, but would not dare to lead the word himself. It were for the queen to do so, not her husband.

She would not say a thing, but would wait until Raven wandered forth, and gave a deep bow before them. As for the knights that had followed them, they would remain behind, keeping the portal open, until they were all through. After that, their spears would part, and the portal fizz out. They'd walk the rest of the way.

"Your majesty. I bring before you as requested, from the far away kingdom of Equestria: Our great savior, Rising Dusk. And with him, his esteemed sister, Setting Dawn, and his honored parents, Soaring Grace, and Star Echo.

May I present you all in kind, for our beloved ruler: Queen Magenta the Second, or Harrowmark."

Raven would bow, then move to the side, leaving the queen, sitting with her back on the throne, to look down on them without any sort of obstructions. Might be the throne, or the room, but to most, the mare seemed imposing. A presence, greater than what you stared at, when you expected her to just be an old, frail mare, at this point. Yet still, her mere presence, had made others shiver, and without a word, or any magic used, she had caused those lesser than her to crumble, with a mere stare. And this now, were her simply being neutral. Not angry, nor joyful.

"Rising Dusk."

Her voice were as much iron, as her eyes were, as she focused most of her attention, on him in particular. Hard to not notice, as the daylight shone in, from the mosaic window reaching high and mighty, behind the throne. Imagery of the flag of Harrowmark, with two figured above the tree now. On the left, the large pale moth, of Viz'nay, depicted with souls rising into her wings. The other of a large, tar-black humanoid, with indistinguishable features, red eyes, and tendrils waving behind it. Small, equine figures, seemed to be wandering the ground around him, which were likely the risen, due to Suusha's domain.

"It pleases me you did not refuse my invitation. I welcome you, and your family, to the kingdom of Harrowmark."

She'd nod respectfully at her guests. A small smile crept unto her face, whilst the thunderous sound of her knights all making a salute at the same time, followed shortly after.

@Kujamih

"We are Zhing and Hachi."

It seemed the male were Zhing, and Hachi were his sister. They were still not wearing kimonos, which indicated they either did not have any, or they were still packed down, with the stuff they had come here with. It were hard to say, as the kits of their kind, tended to be very well protected by adults, until they were mature enough, and most of the time outsiders saw kits, were because a teacher of sorts, had taken them out on a *field trip*. Which mostly meant playing tricks on unsuspecting travelers, so teach the kits about their powers, and show them outsiders, so they had some idea of what were out there. And long as the ones they messed with, didn't try and harm the kits, it were all utterly harmless.

As for the adults, they all had their own reasons for interacting with the outside, when they did. They had a major city themselves, shrouded away, so that none could just stumble upon it, somewhere in Neighpon. They also had a less than stellar relation with the government of Neighpon, as they were a traditional, natural folk, and the ponies of Neighpon, didn't care much about nature, as much as expansion of their society. Currently they had a seize fire of sorts, between them, but change in leadership on either side, could get things to flare up again, without much warning.

Mayhap they figured that trying to reach out to the princess of friendship, could be beneficial, but would want to first see if their cultures and species, could get along first. Hence, the exchange students.

"We have never seen anything like her. Is she also a pony?"

"I am shark pony. Special one in forest, made me to hunt frog. Hunted all frogs. Now gonna be like friends."

"So you're not going to eat us?"

"Nuhuh. Fluffy kitsune is pretty. Soft. Not food."

Both the kitsune seemed to let out a bit of a sigh of relief.

"That's good. We feared that something could happen. We don't know how Equestrian creatures are like."

It seemed the two of them were either messing with them, or just were of the sorts, who spoke in tandem. Twins probably, in that case. This sort of weird thing, tended to be a twin thing.

@-Solstice-

Sadly, Puppet weren't aware how soft a regular pony were supposed to be, nor how pristine their coat should be. She had spend most of her life on the road, in the care of Sherwood, and generally speaking, others did not let her touch them willingly. With one of the only recent exceptions, being that odd filly her and Sherwood had run into, that had actually been excited and happy to play with Puppet. Even showed her a lot of fireworks, and let Puppet touch her mane and coat. Those had been somewhat coarse, and smelled of gunpowder. Nothing like Magnolia, who in Puppet's experience, had by far the softest coat and mane, she had ever touched. She even poked the mane of Magnolia a few times as they travelled, just to feel the softness.

On 2022-06-03 at 9:04 PM, Magnolia said:

"Thank you. I've never been around fillies, really. I don't want any harm coming to her I can say all that much. I've met those who care for her. Not ones you want to mess with I can say all that much." she spoke to Vivid. "Apparently in order to live here I have to do some sort of test. There is more to it than that, but I don't know what it would be." she added and then turned to the town, watching as they approached the gates.

"Had you seen but a hundredth of what I have seen, you'd find it hard to fear regular ponies again. Yet I carry no intend, to harm foals. Even if I were able, I would never stoop so low. I'd banish myself, before it came to that.

I wish not to speak about harm to foals further. I have seen far too much of that, in my time. You speak of a test, you are to undertake, for this town you are leading us to? I wonder what draws you there. For me, it is the souls going there. I need to see, with what purpose they travel. It is what brought me here, after losing track of a dark energy, moving away from this forest."

VIvid would at this point, get the town in view more, and be too baffled to say more, before she were dragged out of her thoughts. For a few moments, she would but stand still, and gaze upon this odd town, as her companions moved on. Though as the skeletal guard moved towards the filly, she would snap out of it, and stomp forward. She expected it to cause trouble, but found pause, before casting a spell, as she noticed how the skeletal horse would simply speak to the filly, and say that they had been worried about her. Spoken int he voice of the damned, no less, which Vivid, and Puppet could understand, for their own reasons. It wouldn't sound like more than a creaking wind at best though, for Magnolia.

On 2022-06-03 at 9:04 PM, Magnolia said:

Apparently Vivid hadn't been here before. "For the time I've been here I either don't know or have forgotten the name of the place. The woods are called the Moonlit Thicket? I could be wrong, but I obviously need to find out more about this place. You can probably speak to the others in the town. You'd probably be right at home here, to be honest. Everyone here has something to do with death. No place like it in Equestria." she spoke as they entered within the gates.

Magnolia walks through the gates, leading them in while the filly rested comfortably on her back. She begins to look around for Alluria and the others she had met before, but perhaps they would find her first.

"A... Town of death? Can it truly be?"

Alluria would sadly not be in view, as they entered the town. She remained unwilling to be around Puppet, and as such, would remain out of sight for now. One that did come into sight though, were Stitch Wraith, who'd come rushing over to the gates as she saw the group, with a big grin on her stitched on face.

"Puppet! There you were. Thank the ancestors that you found her, Magnoliaaaaa-nd who's this?"

Her gaze were fixated suddenly on Vivid Loss, and she took a step backwards, away from the odd mare.

"How curious. A stitched in soul...

I am Vivid Loss, young one. Tell me, were this your own doing, or was it forced upon thee?"

"Nawh nawh, I did this, after my accident. And young my flank. I'm over three hundred years old."

"I am nearing four millennia, so you are but a foal to me. And I find it curious you had such powers. I would not think that common. Nor for a place like this to exist. how curious..."

Stitch's eyes would flicker briefly, and several skeletal guards, would begin to move their ways. As well as some of her dolls. They also seemed to attract the attention of a few, varied family members too, wondering what the commotion were about.

"Ease yourself. I came here, following the stream of souls, seeking to know with what purpose they were lead here. I encountered this wayward filly out there, and soon thereafter, Sparkle. I have no ill intent in mind, and would advise you to not test me on this matter, by attempting an attack on me. You will not succeed."

"Who the hay are you?"

"I am Vivid Loss. A old fool, bearing the burden of selfish choices. I wander with death, as I see you do, and would like to learn more. Peacefully."

There were a tense moment between them, in which Puppet looked around curiously, unaware of what were actually going on, between her several times great aunt, and Vivid.

"...All who wanders with death, are welcome here, if they come in peace. Do not test our hospitality though. Even if you were actually that old, don't think age alone would make you stronger than all of us."

"I have as little want to flex my magic, as you have."

"Alright then. Just keep to that, and we won't have issues. Though Madamme Macabre is definitely gonna need to appraise you."

"Acceptable.

...Magnolia? I see a soul, focusing her gaze upon you. She appears corporeal. Leave the foal with us, and speak with her."

Puppet were okay with that, jumping down and going over to Stitch, who'd get a hug from the little foal. She'd hug back too, carefully, whilst her eyes darted to Dolly. The thing were starring at her again... She didn't like that. Not when she knew what was inside of it.

As for the soul, it would be Alluria, who had decided to manifest, though some distance from them, and gazing upon them from the side of a building.

Regarding the name of the town, Magnolia had not been told it. Only that, of the nearby bat pony town, which were the Moonlit Thicket. Most of those who went here, had just referred to it as home, or the Macabre Estate. The latter perhaps being the actual name, but she should ask at some point, to be certain.

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-06-04 at 1:45 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“I understand. It can be quite a lot to take in, especially if you’re new. It was like that when I first walked around town. The back alleys are still confusing me even after all this time to settle. Don’t worry about it, Miss Omen. Take it in at your own pace.”

The siblings were just about ready when they’ve already pulled out all of the food they bought for dinner, and they’d get to the moongrown fruits, something that definitely caught Uddo’s attention. There was a mix of curiosity and glee in what little his subtle facial expressions suggest, perhaps hinting at some thoughts buried deep. Though it may seem enigmatic, it was just simple delight at being able to try something interesting. He wouldn’t take some for now, as he still had to attend to another dish still being cooked.

"I was told once, that getting lost, just meant learning something new."

It were Discord who had said so, but she were not allowed to speak his name, around other longma. She had given her word, and she would stay true to that.

It was a shame that these words though, that he had said, weren't all that true for her. She often found that getting lost, she ended up with far more questions, than answers. A lot came down to the beings she saw. Some of them were, or acted, strange. Very strange, sometimes. It made it hard to get a lot of new information from it, without ending up more confused. Though she did at times, learns something from observing, or talking to the rare few, who did not shun her. Which had become a far smaller issue, since she had met Sen. A combination of him and the others, being beter at interacting with others, and her likely being seen as more okay, since she were in a group, being the main factors. Though she were learning from them too. How to be more social, and approaching others, for instance. She were even *talking* better, than when Sen had first met her, and most of the things she *said* were in short, somewhat broken sentences.

She still weren't using abbreviations though, such as didn't, or shouldn't. That part were probably not going to change. But it were such a minor thing, that it hardly mattered either.

“Moongrown food? You must’ve been to the night market then. I’m not really one to go out shopping after work, but I heard those kinds of food are pretty good. Never got a chance to try them, though. You’re already making me a lot hungrier now, but I still got something cooking. Oh, and I haven’t forgotten what you told me earlier today. I got a spicy soup coming up; I think Ms. Omen will like it.”

"How fortunate. I am certain she will enjoy that, as much as she is able. We thank you for the consideration.

As for moongrown food, it is mostly a bat pony thing, as we are nocturnal equines by nature. But there are some others who have a fondness for it, and do take the chance to get it, if they come out to shop, at a late hour. Though it takes a fair bit of effort to do this, so even among bat ponies, the number of moon farmers, are not high. Another reason why it is important to support, and encourage those who do partake in the profession, as it ensures more remain, and potential endeavor to teach others."

It also didn't help, that bat ponies were not natural farmers, such as earth ponies. Some had the inkling, but it were hard work, compared to the more natural talents of the earth ponies. Which included their effects on greens. That's one more reason, why moon farmers had to make use of some external magic sources, to make up for the lack.

There were great profit in it though, if you were good at it, and knew how to expand safely. One of the richest in his old home, had been a moon farm owner.

All this talk of food had to segue somewhere to the dinner table, though as the older longma had to get back to finishing the soup, it was left to Kiba to sit for introductions to Shrimp. A cute little creature for sure, but the younger longma wasn’t quite sure how to approach. Ever so slowly, he raised one claw and inched forward to the refraction, wondering how it would react to him. He was an unknown, and if it picks up on something untoward, it might make subsequent interactions a lot more awkward. After a bit of time, he’d simply leave his claw raised before him, but he’d just stick with that unless Shrimp allowed him to be touched. 

“You’re little friend is cute, and it seems like we won’t have to worry about meat-based foods. It’s all vegetables on the dinner table, so there’s no chance of feeding him something unexpected. You’ll probably need to stop me if I start overfeeding or indulging him because I don’t have experience with animals. Go ahead and pick a seat, by the way. Father won’t take long with the rest of tonight’s meal.”

As Kiba were slow, it allowed Shrimp to get a sense of his smell first, before anything spooked him. it didn't smell like Omen, but it smelled like Sen, and somewhat of Lin. Lin's combination, had made it easier for Shrimp to eventually warm up to Sen, and with the longma associations now, he would move in closer after a few sniffs, and would rub his head on the longma's claw. In part to help scratch down his back, but after that, he'd give his claw a playful nibble too.

"Seems he is friendly towards you. Good. It would have been confusing for you, if he had seen you as a threat instead. Do treat him gently though. He is but an infant, and while I refuse to test his durability, I would not consider it excessive. You can feel how soft his scales are yourself. They would not do much, against any actual damage."

Not that Omen would let him. If she senses Shrimp might get scared, or in danger, she would act, in her own way. Generally by making the offender fall through a gate. She were rather simple.

While they were still at it, Shade walked up to the longma siblings and offered them a seat. The two obliged, and soon enough, the umbra went to Rosa and gestured him to take a seat as well. Just like earlier, he didn’t talk much, or at all, only making grunting sounds. His gestures were straightforward enough, as those were his substitutes for words. In a short while, Uddo returned with bowls of spicy black bean soup for everyone before taking his seat at the dinner table. That seemingly was the signal for the siblings to begin passing the food around, starting with the vegetable rolls and mushroom puffs. Sen still recalls just how much the latter was enticing to Rosa, so he offered him one.

“Don’t hesitate to grab what you like, everyone. Let’s eat!”

“I made some hot and spicy black bean soup for everyone. It's not too spicy though, as I didn't want everyone to burn their mouths. So, you mentioned earlier today that you are new here, Mister Rosa. If you don’t mind me asking, what brought you to Old Canterlot? And how did you and Miss Omen come to meet my niece and nephew? Hmm… now that I think about it, maybe those questions apply to all of you.”

Hammond might not be here to stare with her, but Omen still watched Shade, as he moved along. Such a strange creature this were... But after Shrimp would eventually get back on her head, and they'd move towards the table, she'd follow along with what he were doing. She watched as the longma, and Rosa were offered a seat, and did not care much, that she weren't. She mostly stood up anyway, as she did not get leg cramps, or feel sore. If she were offered a seat, she'd just look at it, and then stand next to it.

Once the food got on the table, she'd put the bowl of soup for her, right in front of her, and then just put her entire mouth into it, until she hit the bottom. She'd then slowly begin to drain the bowl of its contents.

As for Rosa, he would act like a sensible being instead, and thank Sen for offering him the mushroom puff. He'd try the soup afterwards, but he were longing for these, he would have to admit, so he would begin with this.

As the question came on what he were doing, and how he ended here though... Yes, he would have to think of some way to put this gently. Which were to say, obfuscate the truth somewhat, as the correct one would likely paint him in a very poor light.

"The second question, ties into the first, actually. And please, just call me Rosa.

I were hunting a criminal, when I encountered Sen, Lin, and Omen. They were looking for her, for their own reasons. Primarily, that she had caused trouble against Omen. Dreadful business, involving some unrefined changeling emerald.

Regardless, during the hunt, I came to know them better, and we went through enough, that we began to think of one another, in friendly terms. As our hunt concluded, and the perpetrator got put into holding, I had some things to deal with myself, that they thankfully elected to stay near me, as I did. Family matters, with a lost brother of mine, I am attempting to connect with. We have not gone off on the best hoof, but I am hopeful that we shall get along better.

I moved here, as there were nothing left for me back home, but my father. I am looking into ways to have him relocated to Equestria as well. The fact my brother is here, does also carry a factor. As does it, that apparently, I appear to have a niece. Though she is yet unaware of any family ties to me. One step at a time, I suppose.

In any case, that is my general overview, of the involvement with Sen, Lin, and Omen."

Omen would answer next. Face still in the bowl of soup, whilst Shrimp had elected to slither down from her head, to find the nearest piece of food that he could carry, and drag it back towards her bowl, so that he could eat it next to her.

"I were looking for my master. Sen were looking for Lin. We helped one another. They are good creatures. Mother says so too, and Mother is always right."

"Speaking of mother... Might I ask in turn, about yours, Kiba? I'd like to hear of her too, as well as how you all came to be here, of all places? What made you think Old Canterlot, to be a good home?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia walked along into the town with the small weight of the filly on her back. It felt almost comforting to feel that little weight on her back as they walked along into the town itself. As they walked she listened to Vivid Loss and her manner of speaking. Such a mare has obviously been through a lot more than most ever could. With a massive degree of dark power within her. Definitely were a mare of more than a passing interest as most had been. Magnolia felt there was little need to say much else to the matter and instead were filled with a great degree of inner thought as they entered back into the town.

Once they entered the town Magnolia caught sight of the skeletal guard speaking to a filly. Magnolia didn't entirely understand what was going on there but could easily infer the meaning from the visual cues. It seemed as though Vivid loss wanted to intervene but then quickly decided not to. How protective, Magnolia thought. Seeing the skeletal guard made her think of who else may lay here. Who would Magnolia want to make friends with? Honestly, that was something to consider for the long run. 

Magnolia would do an acknowledging nod towards Stitch Wraith as she came up to them and watched as they spoke. She remained silent and listed calmly, "Now that I think of it, she was just playing with Vivid Loss. Nothing nefarious. I can tell she means no harm." she spoke in reference to Vivid Loss.

Looking over to where Vivid Loss mentioned she'd see Alluria standing there. She would smile. "Ah, that is my ancestor. I'll let you take it from here, Stitch Wraith. I am sure Vivid Loss wants to get acquainted. I am sure the filly is safe now, yes?" she mused with a grin before leaving them to their devices, as she'd walk back to Alluria. 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-06-07 at 5:51 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I was told once, that getting lost, just meant learning something new."

“Well… whoever told you that must know a thing or two about being lost, assuming they weren’t telling you to ‘get lost.’ The town’s plaza has a map that’ll show you the main landmarks, but the side streets and alleys are where many would find themselves backtracking. Give it enough time and you’ll be able to navigate the town just fine.”

It would seem that Omen was being a little more articulate now, maybe even comfortable with socializing. Lin took note of this and couldn’t help but feel good. She’d be smiling at the table, though if it were because of the food, having time to relax, or just seeing how far Omen has come, she wouldn’t say. She has her own reasons, but there was plenty enough to be happy about when she’s spending time like this. Shade would finish offering seats to the others before proceeding to Omen, pulling back a chair and gesturing to the Ki’Nathar to sit. It wouldn’t be right to see someone standing when everyone else is already seated, though he’d stay put for a bit as Omen seemed to prefer standing up. By then, the umbra would just leave the chair be before joining the others for dinner.

This was a pretty odd bunch, though Shade wouldn’t voice his thoughts on the matter. They were all civil, and nothing suggests they’d be causing trouble. Seeing how his boss and his child were comfortable around them was enough to get him to accept this. The umbra wouldn’t even stare at them, not like earlier in the day at least. 

As for little Shrimp, Kiba was just as comfortable with the creature rubbing its soft, scaly hide on his claw. It might not mean much, but he was satisfied that they’re at ease with each other. He wouldn’t say anything, but how things turned out was good, better than expected. For now, they’d have much to discuss and plenty to eat. Speaking of which, Uddo went for the moongrown food first, as he was interested in them. Without any previous experience with these kinds of food, he took one of the potatoes Rosa mentioned and split it three ways with Kiba and Shade, taking the first bite and just letting it sit while the flavors swirled in his mouth.

“Mmm… Now this makes me wonder why I haven’t tried these sooner! These are delicious!”

Of course, with the conversation teetering close to somewhat uncomfortable topics, Uddo’s delight would soon change into worry.

I were hunting a criminal, when I encountered Sen, Lin, and Omen. They were looking for her, for their own reasons. Primarily, that she had caused trouble against Omen. Dreadful business, involving some unrefined changeling emerald.

Regardless, during the hunt, I came to know them better, and we went through enough, that we began to think of one another, in friendly terms. As our hunt concluded, and the perpetrator got put into holding, I had some things to deal with myself, that they thankfully elected to stay near me, as I did. Family matters, with a lost brother of mine, I am attempting to connect with. We have not gone off on the best hoof, but I am hopeful that we shall get along better.

I moved here, as there were nothing left for me back home, but my father. I am looking into ways to have him relocated to Equestria as well. The fact my brother is here, does also carry a factor. As does it, that apparently, I appear to have a niece. Though she is yet unaware of any family ties to me. One step at a time, I suppose.

“No, don’t tell me you’re getting into a dangerous business like bounty hunting. That’s what this is about, right?”

“You don’t need to worry about that, uncle. We’re not getting into that kind of business.”

“That criminal did something terrible to Omen, and Lin and I wouldn’t let allow anyone to hurt Omen. Besides, things worked out in the end, and once that was taken care of, we chose to stick with Rosa. We couldn’t just leave our friends hanging, not when we could do something to help.”

The older longma smiled, even chuckled a little under his breath. There was something about the way Sen responded that touched him, and paused for a moment to take it all in.

“That sounds just like your father. He had a big heart, and he couldn’t just leave things be if he could do something. He cared a lot for his friends, maybe a little too much, but it sounds like some part of him carried over to you. I hoped you found your, umm… master, Miss Omen, and I wish you well on your tasks with your family, Rosa. Let me know if you could use some help with that.”

For a moment, things were a little quiet, with Sen, Lin, and Kiba all taking bits of the mushroom puffs and vegetable rolls and passing them around. Once they got to the soup and seeing Omen drink it, well… it was something. No one had the heart to tell her to stop and use the utensils on the table, but seeing her drink the spicy soup without appearing affected by the heat was what kept them silent. 

"Speaking of mother... Might I ask in turn, about yours, Kiba? I'd like to hear of her too, as well as how you all came to be here, of all places? What made you think Old Canterlot, to be a good home?"

“Oh, about mother? Well, she’s usually running the store while father’s in the workshop. Back then, father did everything when he first got his business running, but mother wanted to help. Next thing they knew, she had a knack for making deals that got other ponies to agree with her and attending business-related conventions. Outside of work, she’s mostly likes to keep to herself or help me with schoolwork when I was younger. I didn’t know a lot about how we came to settle at Old Canterlot, so I don’t think I could answer your question, Rosa.”

“I’ll fill you in on that. See, it was just me and my partner back then. We travelled a long way from the longma’s forest to here, but I made little trinkets and small pieces of furniture while we were on the road. That’s how we made a bit of money to keep ourselves afloat. By then, we settled on a small town where I worked for a woodworker who made furniture. That’s where we caught our big break. There was this unicorn who stopped by the store and wanted some custom-made products, and what we made impressed him a lot that he paid more than what they’re worth. Soon, many more flocked to the store and the owner enough to expand.”

“Of course, that was only half the story. Things changed then, and what was a fairly good working relationship soon fell apart. Long story short, we parted ways with the store owner, but a chance encounter with the same unicorn that gave me my big break helped me start the business here. It wasn’t easy getting used to living in a town like Old Canterlot, but it we make it work. Have you heard of a unicorn named Fancy Pants? He’s the one who helped get me started on my own business.”

Uddo spoke with a hint of pride in what he and his partner accomplished, though something about the business relationship mentioned earlier caused him to waver for a bit. If things had gone differently, perhaps it wouldn’t have ended the way it did. Still, he wouldn’t dwell on it when he has found success elsewhere, allowing him to start a family. By then, he was living comfortably enough that he wouldn’t complain about how things are going now. 

“Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying the meal. If you don’t mind me asking, Rosa, what do you do for a living? Have you come to Old Canterlot for something new?”

Sen and Lin quickly grew mortified the moment Uddo raised that question. The two stopped eating and looked to the thestral with a worried expression, hopefully sending a silent message about being careful about that matter. After what happened recently, this was something they hoped wouldn’t be brought up, and now they would have to tread carefully.

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Kujamih

"She have big teeth. A pony, but a shark too. Ponies are already dangerous. The elders says so. So we thought she were even more dangerous."

"Awh, not dangerous. Eat fishies, not friends, and fluffy things. And frog. Frog tasty. Special one told me to eat frogs, when she got me. Was... Swiiii-miiiing. Swimming. Swimming in ocean. Then in strange place. No water. Many change. And legs. Told to hunt frog."

The two looked at her confused, then seemed to have a small light glitter in their eyes. Though they turned to Light for answers, as he seemed to be more eloquent in his way of speaking. More coherent at least.

"She was created? Was it by a draconequus? Was it Discord? The elders said he lived here now. Him and the princess are the reason they sent us here."

Shark were confused. What was a Discord? Was it tasty? She had been made by special thing, she didn't know what were. Very odd thing. 

Light might be able to tell them that no, it were not Discord, and that they in fact had two draconequui in the are. The one in the forest, that had made Shark, and then Discord, here in Ponyville. Ponyville really did seem to attract all the weird creatures.

@-Solstice-

On 2022-06-07 at 3:43 AM, Magnolia said:

Magnolia would do an acknowledging nod towards Stitch Wraith as she came up to them and watched as they spoke. She remained silent and listed calmly, "Now that I think of it, she was just playing with Vivid Loss. Nothing nefarious. I can tell she means no harm." she spoke in reference to Vivid Loss.

"I'm not concerned about what Puppet might do, right now."

"I am however. Not towards me, but others. A filly so young, controlling such vile apparitions... I would ask who taught her so, and what measures is taken, to ensure the safety of others. You mentioned this Macabre. A leader, I would take it? She holds the answers I seek, and so, I would speak with her of this. In turn, I will answer what questions you might have."

"I'll pass it along, but she have to approve it. And you need to answer some things first. Like what the hay you are. Normal ponies do not have such runes, nor ears of fire."

"I would say the same, of one in the vessel of a doll."

"...I don't think I like you."

"I have heard that more, than I would care to remember."

As the two of them... Socialized, Alluria and Magnolia, would be able to speak once more. Though the former would send a concerned look towards their town's newest guest.

On 2022-06-07 at 3:43 AM, Magnolia said:

Looking over to where Vivid Loss mentioned she'd see Alluria standing there. She would smile. "Ah, that is my ancestor. I'll let you take it from here, Stitch Wraith. I am sure Vivid Loss wants to get acquainted. I am sure the filly is safe now, yes?" she mused with a grin before leaving them to their devices, as she'd walk back to Alluria. 

"Magnolia. Praise be, that you come back intact. I see you have a good grasp on foals, to have her return so smoothly too. It pleases me, to see you have it in you, to care for the next generation.

Yet I worry about what else you returned with. Even from here, I can feel her. Energy of a kind, I have yet to experience. A pull drawing in my being... What matter of creature have you dragged to our town?"

She were not sounding like, nor looking at Magnolia like, she were judging her. Concern, were the more correct word, for what she were feeling.

==================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-06-08 at 4:23 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Well… whoever told you that must know a thing or two about being lost, assuming they weren’t telling you to ‘get lost.’ The town’s plaza has a map that’ll show you the main landmarks, but the side streets and alleys are where many would find themselves backtracking. Give it enough time and you’ll be able to navigate the town just fine.”

"I have a lot of time."

Arguably, she had enough, to see the entire family line, of every last creature in here, die of old age. If she understood the concept of death, and time properly, that might make her ask herself some questions, but currently, she did not. Though she would end up missing her friends, when they were one day gone. Having thought of it one time, she had felt something at least. She were somewhat sure it might be sadness. It would make the most logical sense at least, in her mind.

Shade would finish offering seats to the others before proceeding to Omen, pulling back a chair and gesturing to the Ki’Nathar to sit. It wouldn’t be right to see someone standing when everyone else is already seated, though he’d stay put for a bit as Omen seemed to prefer standing up. By then, the umbra would just leave the chair be before joining the others for dinner.

Omen did not take the seat, but would stare at Shade, unblinkingly. Unlike her smaller sibling, she would not try and stuff him into her mouth, to see if he were food, but the staring would remain the same, as the first time he had met her, and Hammond. Though in her defense, he were a very peculiar sight. Living shadows were not something she had seen before. Even in Master Discord's time. He liked more tangible weirdness than that. And as Shade were something new, he'd be watched even closer, than most others. Unless she were asked to tone it down. As she were rather compliant, she would do that. Or he could just wait until her face were in the bowl, shortly after. She could not simply gaze at him anymore, in that position.

As for little Shrimp, Kiba was just as comfortable with the creature rubbing its soft, scaly hide on his claw. It might not mean much, but he was satisfied that they’re at ease with each other. He wouldn’t say anything, but how things turned out was good, better than expected. For now, they’d have much to discuss and plenty to eat. Speaking of which, Uddo went for the moongrown food first, as he was interested in them. Without any previous experience with these kinds of food, he took one of the potatoes Rosa mentioned and split it three ways with Kiba and Shade, taking the first bite and just letting it sit while the flavors swirled in his mouth.

“Mmm… Now this makes me wonder why I haven’t tried these sooner! These are delicious!”

Of course, with the conversation teetering close to somewhat uncomfortable topics, Uddo’s delight would soon change into worry.

"If you like it now, you should try it after you have boiled, or baked it. As it stands, you are currently eating a piece of raw potato."

Granted, it were still good, but Rosa would strongly advice that it were cooked before ingestion. Or at least baked, and served with garlic butter. It depended on your taste really.

He'd say this, just before cutting a slice off of the mushroom puff, and after briefly enjoying the smell, take a good bite. Slowly chewing through it, he'd feel a little shiver go through his body. How he had longed for a good mushroom dish, and this were utterly delicious. He would most definitely have to frequent the Equestrian markets more often, with things such as this, and the moongrown food, so readily available.

As for Shrimp, he would have tried a few things, with Rosa eventually taking pity on the small one, and breaking off a large piece of mushroom, with some of the stuffing, from his own food, and slide over to the little one. He'd also grab hold of a berry, and cut a few pieces off here and there on things, to set over there. Seemed to please the little one, as he had started to get frustrated that all the food here, were either liquid, very big and heavy, or wrapped up in that basket. He were hungry, just like them, and did not like to eat chunks off of things bigger than him. It felt better to him, when he could wrap around his food, and hold it close, while he ate.

"Don't mind me. Just accommodating our smaller dinner guest, before he starts begging at the table. Which does remind me: Do you have say, a small bowl, like one would use for sake? A small liquor glass even? We should pour him some water too."

He'd probably still beg eventually, but with the offerings there now, he may also just eat and drink, until he doze off again. Seemed to be 80% or so of his current existence. Either eating, or sleeping, with his remaining waking hours being used observing, chasing food, or wanting to play. A newborn, instinct-driven creature indeed.

“No, don’t tell me you’re getting into a dangerous business like bounty hunting. That’s what this is about, right?”

“You don’t need to worry about that, uncle. We’re not getting into that kind of business.”

“That criminal did something terrible to Omen, and Lin and I wouldn’t let allow anyone to hurt Omen. Besides, things worked out in the end, and once that was taken care of, we chose to stick with Rosa. We couldn’t just leave our friends hanging, not when we could do something to help.”

The older longma smiled, even chuckled a little under his breath. There was something about the way Sen responded that touched him, and paused for a moment to take it all in.

“That sounds just like your father. He had a big heart, and he couldn’t just leave things be if he could do something. He cared a lot for his friends, maybe a little too much, but it sounds like some part of him carried over to you. I hoped you found your, umm… master, Miss Omen, and I wish you well on your tasks with your family, Rosa. Let me know if you could use some help with that.”

"I actually should look into whatever bounty boards may be active in the area, now that you bring it up. I have some expertise in the field, and it would be nice with an additional source of income, from time to time.

That said, I am not trying to convert any of them, to go into that line of work. The one we were chasing, had as they said, harmed Omen. As much as I think it is actually possible to harm her, anyway

They had therefore, a personal reason for chasing her. As did I, since... *sigh* The perpetrator in question, were my mother. I do not consider her family, due to numerous reasons, which includes her crimes. That said, I sought answers, and to stop her from causing more harm. In some way, I suppose I felt responsible, as she were blood related.

You needn't worry about me dragging them into dangerous professions though. I wish no harm to come to them, and if I need to hunt, I would prefer to do so alone, regardless. I couldn't forgive myself, if I brought my friends into harm's reach, and they got severely hurt because of it."

As Zhu had shown, it could severely break his psyche, but he did not know that, and it were probably best not to, as it'd make him paranoid. Something the seer were well aware of, and were part of why he had still been stingy with information, regardless of providing the most important one.

"Regarding my family issues, I appreciate the concern, but what happens between my brother and I, must come naturally, through our own interactions. Perhaps later, I could introduce you, though for the time being, he and I, will need to go at things in our own tempo. Things are rather... Delicate, considering he learned only of our mother, through being told she were a criminal. As a Night Guard, you can understand that causing some friction."

He neglected to tell what his own misgivings in this were too. Some things were likely best unspoken, though he could elaborate on some, inconsequential things.

"And if Sen and Lin's father, were a caring longma, I can assure you, that they have taken over some of his better qualities. Omen and myself, are difficult ones for some, to think of as friends, for each our own reasons. Yet they have shown they have open, kind hearts, willing to see past flaws and peculiarities, that others sometimes judge less fairly on. I would not trade them for the world, if for some reason the offer would present itself."

As he paused, to take some more bites off the mushroom puff, Omen would begin to speak up. She were around halfway through slowly drinking the bowl, in a manner that would have other ponies currently either gasping for air, or having drowned. Potentially with some heat damage to the mouth too, depending on the temperature of the soup.

"We found him. It was good to find him, after looking for so long."

“Oh, about mother? Well, she’s usually running the store while father’s in the workshop. Back then, father did everything when he first got his business running, but mother wanted to help. Next thing they knew, she had a knack for making deals that got other ponies to agree with her and attending business-related conventions. Outside of work, she’s mostly likes to keep to herself or help me with schoolwork when I was younger. I didn’t know a lot about how we came to settle at Old Canterlot, so I don’t think I could answer your question, Rosa.”

“I’ll fill you in on that. See, it was just me and my partner back then. We travelled a long way from the longma’s forest to here, but I made little trinkets and small pieces of furniture while we were on the road. That’s how we made a bit of money to keep ourselves afloat. By then, we settled on a small town where I worked for a woodworker who made furniture. That’s where we caught our big break. There was this unicorn who stopped by the store and wanted some custom-made products, and what we made impressed him a lot that he paid more than what they’re worth. Soon, many more flocked to the store and the owner enough to expand.”

“Of course, that was only half the story. Things changed then, and what was a fairly good working relationship soon fell apart. Long story short, we parted ways with the store owner, but a chance encounter with the same unicorn that gave me my big break helped me start the business here. It wasn’t easy getting used to living in a town like Old Canterlot, but it we make it work. Have you heard of a unicorn named Fancy Pants? He’s the one who helped get me started on my own business.”

Uddo spoke with a hint of pride in what he and his partner accomplished, though something about the business relationship mentioned earlier caused him to waver for a bit. If things had gone differently, perhaps it wouldn’t have ended the way it did. Still, he wouldn’t dwell on it when he has found success elsewhere, allowing him to start a family. By then, he was living comfortably enough that he wouldn’t complain about how things are going now. 

“Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying the meal. If you don’t mind me asking, Rosa, what do you do for a living? Have you come to Old Canterlot for something new?”

Sen and Lin quickly grew mortified the moment Uddo raised that question. The two stopped eating and looked to the thestral with a worried expression, hopefully sending a silent message about being careful about that matter. After what happened recently, this was something they hoped wouldn’t be brought up, and now they would have to tread carefully.

Rosa listened intently to every word, as he continued to elegantly, go through his meal. Bite by bite, like someone who actually knew table etiquette, rather than just shoving it all in his face, like a brute. He had sometimes needed to do that, for an undercover job, but he did not enjoy it. Far too feral, in his opinion.

Anyway, that were not important., What were, were the story he were now being told, of the role of the currently not present, matriarch of the family. As well as some information, of how they got here i the first place.

"A fascinating tale. A shame that your relationship, with the other owner fell through, but at least it allowed you the chance to go out, and become your own boss. And you appear to be doing quite well for yourself then, if you are around higher ranking pony socialites, such as Fancy Pants. One I have not personally met, but do consider a glimmer of light, in a jar of coal. I will not speak ill about specific ones currently, but the behavior of a fair bit of nobles, and high end socialites in this town, sadly leave much to be desired. Though there are some that are good, and that therefore, stands out, for various reasons. Be it Fancy Pants and his general fairness, and appreciation of things if he is presented something that pleases him. The contributions of the self made rich ponies, such as the antique dealer Scarcity, or the adventurer, and prominent museum patron, Billowing Smoke. Or of course, socialites, such as - if the stories I hear are correct - the upper crust socialite, and *problem solver*, Setting Dawn.

My point being simple, that the ones who are if not good, then at least fair, stands out, among the rich ones. There is after all, a correlation between income, arrogance, and the way it affects their treatment of what is considered *lower classes*, which then affects those classes perception of them. I find the lower in society you go, the less good is there said, of those at the top. The princess none withstanding, of course. Those are a different subject entirely.

...Pardon me, I think I may be rambling slightly. To get back on topic, it is good that Fancy Pants helped establish you, as a figure worth taking notice of. Though of course, the main force of it all, are your dedicated, hard work. I will not diminish the importance of that. Nor that of your wife's contribution. Making connections, and causing a reputation to be formed, are tremendously important, after all, for any business to thrive. Ones wares can be so good, that it defies logic, but it matters little, if there is not a good name, and reputation attached to it.

Regarding my occupation... I have recently been hired to assist the Canterlot guard, with some new perspectives, they believe will assist them in providing further safety. I have a certain knack for observing, and understanding the way others work, that allows me a useful perspective. It is akin somewhat, to that of a changeling scout. Observational skills, that touches on behavioral science.

In essence, I am good at spotting flaws in for instance, security measures. So I'm helping them to correct such things, so others with less good intentions, are not exploiting them.

When I am one day done with that... I am not certain. Perhaps I will attempt to train others in survival courses, and hoof to hoof combat? It is always important, to be able to protect yourself, as well as understanding, and respecting, the wilderness. Plus I enjoy educating others. Which I suppose, are heard in the fact that I am one who speaks quite a lot. I am again, sorry for that. Sometimes, I suppose I simply begin to ramble.

Speaking of occupations though, I would ask Kiba of something; Are you intent to follow in your fathers footsteps, and either take over the store, or run one yourself? Or have you other aspirations?"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

" Discord is not her maker, but another." Light would not give her name as he thinks it is not his to give, but would give caution to the kits. 

" Fare warning to you young ones, there are more of us than you'd expect in Ponyville. And not all of them are as nice as Discord...."

Light would then hug Shark by the shoulder and comfort her.

" Not dangerous at all, but caring and loving." He assured his mate. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia looked into Alluria's eyes as she pondered her response. "One of supreme power - but one that if wishing to harm, would have already done so. She was very concerned about the filly, as am I, really. I do not think she will do us any harm though. Her name is Vivid Loss. By the way, does this town have a proper name, other than the Macabre Estate?" Magnolia asked calmly.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 2022-06-10 at 6:32 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I actually should look into whatever bounty boards may be active in the area, now that you bring it up. I have some expertise in the field, and it would be nice with an additional source of income, from time to time.

That said, I am not trying to convert any of them, to go into that line of work. The one we were chasing, had as they said, harmed Omen. As much as I think it is actually possible to harm her, anyway

They had therefore, a personal reason for chasing her. As did I, since... *sigh* The perpetrator in question, were my mother. I do not consider her family, due to numerous reasons, which includes her crimes. That said, I sought answers, and to stop her from causing more harm. In some way, I suppose I felt responsible, as she were blood related.

You needn't worry about me dragging them into dangerous professions though. I wish no harm to come to them, and if I need to hunt, I would prefer to do so alone, regardless. I couldn't forgive myself, if I brought my friends into harm's reach, and they got severely hurt because of it."

“If there are any bounty boards in town, the local guard station might have one. Old Canterlot is a relatively quiet place, so I really doubt they’d have bounties up, but what do I know? I’ve been in this town for years and I still don’t know every inch of it. Still, that business… going after your mother and knowing my niece and nephew were involved… that sounded rough and complicated, but I hope that’s resolved. I’d hate to find out I’m getting dragged back into matters I thought I put behind me when it would be better to move forward. Regardless, it is good that you and Omen found Sen and Lin, and they found you.”

There was some hint that Uddo’s words were meant more for himself than Rosa, but it didn’t make them any less true for the thestral. Perhaps it was in leaving home and learning about the greater world outside the forest or having to leave the old life behind to forget it only to have it come to him in some form. It wasn’t all bad, but there were reminders here and there telling him about what he might have forgotten only for those to bury themselves in the back of his mind. 

He’d pause for a moment to take a bite out of the assortment of food on the table, clearly enjoying the selection. The spinach puffs were a a delicious runner-up to the moongrown potatoes despite them being a little cold. Likewise, Kiba was enjoying the vegetable roll, especially when mixing the sauce dripping out the sides with the salad his father prepared. Clearly, the dishes the siblings and their companions brought were solid choices. 

Regarding my occupation... I have recently been hired to assist the Canterlot guard, with some new perspectives, they believe will assist them in providing further safety. I have a certain knack for observing, and understanding the way others work, that allows me a useful perspective. It is akin somewhat, to that of a changeling scout. Observational skills, that touches on behavioral science.

In essence, I am good at spotting flaws in for instance, security measures. So I'm helping them to correct such things, so others with less good intentions, are not exploiting them.

When I am one day done with that... I am not certain. Perhaps I will attempt to train others in survival courses, and hoof to hoof combat? It is always important, to be able to protect yourself, as well as understanding, and respecting, the wilderness. Plus I enjoy educating others. Which I suppose, are heard in the fact that I am one who speaks quite a lot. I am again, sorry for that. Sometimes, I suppose I simply begin to ramble.

“From the way you describe some of the more affluent ponies and what you’re currently doing, you seem to be very knowledgeable about a lot of things. I can image that’s what the Canterlot Guard saw in you if you are acting as a… consultant. Is that the right word? I didn’t think the guard would have such an opening, but I won’t question it if it means whatever it is you’ll do will help others. Maybe I could enroll myself and Kiba in one of your courses if you are accepting students. What you have in mind can be useful. Oh, before I forget, let me get a bowl and some water for your little friend.”

Sen and Lin breathed a sigh of relief, feeling like they’ve dodged out of having to dodge difficult questions to keep the more unsavory parts of Rosa’s history concealed. What the thestral did wouldn’t cause submission, and if the siblings being relieved brought untoward attention to themselves, they’ll just chalk it up to the soup being spicer than expected. 

Speaking of occupations though, I would ask Kiba of something; Are you intent to follow in your fathers footsteps, and either take over the store, or run one yourself? Or have you other aspirations?"

“Growing up with the workshop closeby got me interested in what father does, and he does good work. I guess you can say I haven’t found many career paths I’m interested in, but I like to think I know more about looking after father’s business than anything else. After all, mother and father have been teaching me about it when I have free time, and I run the store in mother’s absence like now. I think continuing the family business is my calling.”

“It’s good you have something to look forward to doing, Kiba. Or is it alright if we could start calling you cousin?"

“Maybe its best if you use my name for now. Learning that you’re my cousins was unexpected, and it hasn’t set in quite yet. Speaking of aspirations, how about you, Miss Omen? Same to you, Sen and Lin?”

The longma siblings paused for a moment and thought about their answer. Though they had encountered this question many times before, it was something that they didn’t quite figure out just yet. Between obligations back home and traveling a lot, there hasn’t been enough time to settle in and think this through, not to mention the complications of establishing something lasting outside the forest. At least for Sen, it seemed like his answer hinged on what happens back home, on whether he’ll still have something to give him direction there. 

“We… are keeping our options open. Being exiled from home at a very young age meant our focus was on thinking about our next meal more than what we’d like to do. I think deciding what is interesting and right for herself is true for Omen. This is very much her choice, right?”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom
Ruby's nice words weren't entirely illogical for her, after all, she would have used similar reasons to explain her own poor success in similar situation, though it was of course progress that she used the same logic to judge Leviathan as she did to herself, since it implied she held her to higher worth than most. 

Ruby didn't really listen to music, so she didn't have much of a preference, but if there was something with name that sounded more her style, or in other word, a name with something violent or dragon-like in it, she'd choose it, otherwise her choice would be random.  

She was less the kind to listen, and mainly focused on the arrows, because while she was good at patterns, her eye-leg coordination was better. In the end, her result was pretty good, though still in the limits to not rise any eyebrows coming from a pony, here her being in a wrong form really had effect, because no matter how experienced she was with it, her movement as a pony wouldn't come as naturally as they did in her real form, simply put, she didn't break any records, but one could be fooled she had played before. "That was surprisingly....aright." 

------------------------------------------------

"Trouble with me, yes, Lyriel is just a friend helping me." Scarecrow specified "And no, I don't work at graveyards, though I'd certainly belong to one." he joked, not that there was really a way to tell, and while a joke, it was also true "I'm not what you see at the moment, this is merely a disguise to allow me to walk among normal ponies." "I feel death aligned because I am dead." he felt comfortable to be honest with the filly, she seemed weird enough to be trusted with it, no offence to her of course. 

--------------------------------------------

"Of course" Chega said happily, she would carve not only her name, but also either a small poem relating to what she had been told, or a cute little drawing of similar theme depending on how much room there were, regardless of which it was, it would be praising in tone/style.

While she did that, Sear spoke, she was familiar with the Jellies as they had seen them on their travels "I hope she heals well if not already healed, those things can be nasty." being fireproof herself, they weren't as big of a problem to her as to many, though even she preferred to avoid them, but she knew how dangerous they could be "Tell her that if she wants to, next time I'm around there she can come talk to me, I'd be happy to sing something to her." Chega then stated with a smile, she believed that those helping others should be celebrated, and that was partly why so many of her songs focused on less knows stories of heroics, sacrifice and such, everyone knew the stories about the elements of harmony, but what about the lesser known stories?

The siblings stayed quiet, trying to stay out of the situation, they heard and believed the story, but they recognized their own bias and their difficulty to treat it like they should, so they figured it was best to just keep to themselves. They had no idea what Sunstream jellies were, but the context clues gave them enough information that jumping into one was dangerous. 

@Blitz Boom

"I was wondering if it would be possible to make a smaller, portable form of a harvester. To store excess love. "Howl explained.

"It's because his Fiancée loves him so much. She calls him love bug too." Ginger got a smug look on her face because she knew these kinds of things embarrassed him.

"That sounds like a challenge for me to bring up something that's embarrassing for you, Cheese Weevil."his face stretched into a smirk. 

"Do that and I won't forgive you. Ever." She huffed in a pretend pout.

Howl ruffled her mane, the holes in his hoof getting tangled in the unkempt mass. "... How many times have I told you to take care of your mane?"

"I forget to brush it sometimes, ok?!" Ginger  squeaked defensively as she untangled his hoof from her mane.

"You really ought to take care of yourself." he sighed.

(edited)

@Kujamih

The kits looked oddly disappointing to hear, that it wasn't Discord at first, until it dawned on them, what were actually said.

"There is more than one of them here? The elders should know about this."

It wasn't something known to everyone, but the kitsune were actually one of the few, that had some admiration for Draconequui, and in particular, had been on good terms with Discord. As tricksters themselves, they could respect the lord of chaos, for what he were. He in turn, seemed to feel like the foxes were some of the more intriguing mortals. Albeit rather traditional, but he had ponies to lesson about the fallacy of boring normality before he'd get to the kitsune on that.

"And we know you're not one of them. You're too normal looking. Just a pony. She looks more like them than you."

They'd both point at Shark, who were trying to say the word draconequus, but were stumbling on it a little.

"Can we see the one who made you, Shark?"

"Special one in forest. Go see her some day, yes? Bring fuzzy kitsune."

The kits looked openly excited about the idea. Seemed like they and Shark were connecting well. With Light too, though a bit shakier. Nothing major though. They'd probably get along. Although they had a good snicker when Shark reacted affectionally to Light's touch, by turning her head, and licking him from chin to ear.

"I don't want to ruin your bonding, but uhm... I think the lecture is about to start soon, and we have a tour to finish. Unless you'd rather stay here for the lecture?"

Bubble would interfere, after standing still, and just watching for a time. But there would soon be a lecture, so if they wanted to stay, they'd have to sit through that. Otherwise, it'd be important for them to walk off. They could speak with the kitsune later, probably.

==================================================================

@-Solstice-

"Vivid Loss... How oddly familiar. Most likely a coincidence, I suppose. Two words as those, would be repeated quite a bit in their tomes. It should mean little. Though I still feel weary, of that creature. There is something... Unnatural about her.

I suppose, it is for the living to sort for now however. You wished to know the name of the town? I had assumed one had spoken it already. The name is Sanctuary. Came from the time they were granted permission to establish this small town, where they could practice their craft in peace. To them, it were a sanctuary, as many shunned the arts of death, and still do. It seemed appropriate then, to name it what it were.

There were a few generations ago, that some brought up changing the name, but it never went far. As you can tell, tradition is important to them.

Speaking of which, while they deal with... That, should we go and present you to the third of your testers? She is not far from here."

It seemed best to leave the others tot heir own thing for now. They'd likely meet again soon, but until then, they could move on, with what they originally intended.

=========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2022-06-11 at 3:15 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“If there are any bounty boards in town, the local guard station might have one. Old Canterlot is a relatively quiet place, so I really doubt they’d have bounties up, but what do I know? I’ve been in this town for years and I still don’t know every inch of it. Still, that business… going after your mother and knowing my niece and nephew were involved… that sounded rough and complicated, but I hope that’s resolved. I’d hate to find out I’m getting dragged back into matters I thought I put behind me when it would be better to move forward. Regardless, it is good that you and Omen found Sen and Lin, and they found you.”

"You needn't concern yourself. As best as possible, I will not drag them into my mess. I would have preferred they did not before either, but they had a reasonable cause to follow her, as I did.

I will admit, in that particular hunt, I did turn out to need help too. I had gotten a little too over my head. It will not repeat itself.

It were good in general that I met them though. I did not have friends previously, due to poor decision making, on my part. I had an... Extensive drinking problem, for a period of time. Pushed those I knew away. These are the first who I connected to since then, and while I find myself bemused, and in the case of Omen, rather confused at times, I am very appreciative, that I have their friendship now. Another reason, I would not want them in the line of fire.

Although that said, Omen would do well in protecting them, if things does happen. She have some... Peculiar skills. Do not show them now, Omen. Let dinner proceed in peace, please."

He had to make sure to tell her this, as otherwise, he were fairly certain that she would just have opened a gate, right here and now. And while that would have been... Something, he felt rather certain they'd prefer to enjoy dinner right now first, rather than seeing that.

Trying for some variety in his dinner too, as he saw others do, Rosa would try some that they had not brought, and would try the bowl of soup. He were not one for incredibly strong food, but he were certain this were not so bad. If the others could eat it, so could he. Omen not included, as by that standard, he should be eating wallpaper, and fire opals.

"...My compliments to the chef. It is a good soup. A bit of a kick to it, without being too thorough. An enjoyable spice, to the evening table."

“From the way you describe some of the more affluent ponies and what you’re currently doing, you seem to be very knowledgeable about a lot of things. I can image that’s what the Canterlot Guard saw in you if you are acting as a… consultant. Is that the right word? I didn’t think the guard would have such an opening, but I won’t question it if it means whatever it is you’ll do will help others. Maybe I could enroll myself and Kiba in one of your courses if you are accepting students. What you have in mind can be useful. Oh, before I forget, let me get a bowl and some water for your little friend.”

They should be thankful that Kiba and Uddo, were not as well trained in observation, as Rosa were. Cause he noticed their reaction, and relief, and would have followed up with questions, had he been in either of the longma's shoes. Thankfully it didn't seem they caught up on that, so the slight white lies, could continue, undisturbed.

"I like to observe others. It teaches me, much like literature, or educators, would for others.

As for your assumed title, a consultant is in essence what I am, yes. Just without the ability to then also sell my services in that regard, to others, due to the obvious conflict of interests, that might cause.

And they would not normally have this, I suppose, but think of the recent attacks of creatures, and outside forces, in recent years. As well as the princess, and her endeavors to connect with many varied creatures. One could argue it were only wise then, to ensure they were prepared for things, in relations to either of those two. Ideally, it would not be needed, but the world is sadly not an ideal place, and there is always those, more than willing to take advantage of those not knowing better. I'm simply helping them to notice such things easier, and give suggestions on how then to handle them.

In regards to the courses, if I at some point can find the time to begin them, I shall notify you promptly. I taught Sen and Lin a simple thing some days past, and can say that what I can show, should work well for longma physique in general."

He were referring to the choke grip, that he had showed his friends, as well as a move or two to escape it. That had been enough to show him, that most things he had taught in his own classes, could pass along rather fluently, to Longma. Perhaps with a few changes to some, but those were minor details, for the time being.

“Growing up with the workshop closeby got me interested in what father does, and he does good work. I guess you can say I haven’t found many career paths I’m interested in, but I like to think I know more about looking after father’s business than anything else. After all, mother and father have been teaching me about it when I have free time, and I run the store in mother’s absence like now. I think continuing the family business is my calling.”

“It’s good you have something to look forward to doing, Kiba. Or is it alright if we could start calling you cousin?"

“Maybe its best if you use my name for now. Learning that you’re my cousins was unexpected, and it hasn’t set in quite yet. Speaking of aspirations, how about you, Miss Omen? Same to you, Sen and Lin?”

The longma siblings paused for a moment and thought about their answer. Though they had encountered this question many times before, it was something that they didn’t quite figure out just yet. Between obligations back home and traveling a lot, there hasn’t been enough time to settle in and think this through, not to mention the complications of establishing something lasting outside the forest. At least for Sen, it seemed like his answer hinged on what happens back home, on whether he’ll still have something to give him direction there. 

“We… are keeping our options open. Being exiled from home at a very young age meant our focus was on thinking about our next meal more than what we’d like to do. I think deciding what is interesting and right for herself is true for Omen. This is very much her choice, right?”

"One can argue that opposed to the rest of us, Omen have plenty of time to make up her mind too, considering her durability, and apparent immortality, shields her from having to rush things. I personally think her ability to find others with ease, would make her a great courier, but I am not certain what her own thoughts are on the matter."

"You are using many big words."

"We're asking what you'd like to be, if you had the choice."

"A pony."

"...I did not expect that, but the question were not with race, but with a job. What would you like to do, if you needed a job, like everyone else?"

"...I do not know. Master wanted me to deliver things. Maybe that?"

Omen would fall silent after that, and just slowly gulp in the last bit of soup from her bowl. She had suddenly gotten some things to think about, that she hadn't expected.

===========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

21 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That was surprisingly....aright." 

Leviathan had gotten rather into the spirit of things, as the dance had gone on, and ended the song both pushing down the last buttons with her feet, whilst also making a pose, which got a few claps from around, from those thinking it were nice to see this. Leviathan weren't a master, but she had still beaten Ruby by a little, as she were more used to this sort of game, though for a beginner, Ruby had done pretty well. Better than several ponies would've, on their first try, that's for sure. Her observational skills were top tier, and really showed.

"Aaah, that was invigorating. Good job there, Ruby. For a beginner, you made for good competition."

Seemed like it caused a few raised eyebrows. This pony were new at it? Her points didn't show that. Maybe a hidden talent, that were just starting to bloom up? They didn't know better, and would think of it in Equestrian ways like this, which just made it so that they wouldn't start to scrutinize. Not that there were a reason for them to do so, in the first place. Even if they somehow figured our Ruby were in disguise, they'd at worst think she were a changeling, and things were better with them these days, so that wasn't such a big issue. A dragon on pony form? No one would be thinking about that, since to them, that just didn't happen.

"Alright, that's warmup done. Think Charir would be game for trying? It's a fun way to get the blood pumping."

She'd pick another song with some beat in it, if he agreed, then get moving. Time to see if she could beat him at this game, after he trounced her in the last. Youth weren't always gonna be beating the old timers, if she had something to say about it. Hah!

========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

The filly seemed confused. Crow though, would make thing apparent, by lifting off from Scarecrow, and after an odd, one second delay, his disguise would falter, revealing his true self to the filly. She'd let out a gasp, but weren't moving. Seemingly just observing, through the dark cloth in front of her face, for several seconds, thinking of what to say. Crow would soon after though, land back on Scarecrow, making the disguise flicker back into existence again.

"Woah. Whoever raised you, did a strange job. Never seen a risen quite like you."

"You may understand the need for him to visit your family's home then. Ploughman were kind enough to show us the way, yet we could use a guide for the last stretch. Would you be so kind as to help us?"

"Of course. I bet whatever brings you here, our family can help. Are you in disguise too?"

"Not quite, little one. I am a dryad. And may the Earth Mother smile upon you, for your kindness."

She'd reach a hoof over, and gently stroke down the filly's head and neck. Gave her a little shiver it seemed, though with th face covered it were hard to tell if it were in a good, or bad way.

"Oh man, they're gonna make big eyes when we all get there. Come on, I'll show you the way right now.

Caroline, we're leaving. Bring your new friend along. I bet the rest of the voodoo dolls in town, would love to meet him."

Caroline smiled, and gave off a gurgling sound, before she started to skitter across the forest floor. Rusty would follow troop, surprisingly fast for what he were build of, and the two of them would quickly get out of sight. Made Bloody nervous, but she knew where they were going. It would be fine... Right?

It would be about ten minutes, before the lot of them would arrive, though five minutes before that, they would be able to see the large, dark stone tower, with the glowing white runes, rising above all else in town. Now they could see it more in full though, they'd also see several other buildings, as well as the wall around town, and the large gate, covering the apparent only entrance. At least from this angle

As they'd approach the gate, they'd also see four skeletal horses, covered in specially fitted armor, and spears. Seemed like the bons might be held together with dark magic. Though even without that in mind, seeing armored skeletons walking around like this, with pale fires in their otherwise empty eye sockets, were certainly memorable.

As the group would get in distance though, they'd all stop, and look directly towards Scarecrow. Several more from inside town, would begin to wander out, and join in here, as they all as one, were looking directly at the dead, yet currently disguised stallion. Though before they would be able to do much, they'd split up, so they could each look directly at Scarecrow, and then the unthinkable happened.

All at the same time, they'd all kneel deeply before him. Much to the confusion of Coffin, and Bloody.

"Is... Is this normal?"

"No, that's... Definitely new."

====================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

As the rest were speaking, Onache would rummage through the Coastal Guard's memories, trying to understand a bit more of the things she spoke of. As Onache were a desert dweller, she did not deal with water based creatures all that much, and jellies were among those, she only really heard about through memories like this. This were the first time she had heard of this particular one though, and she wanted to know the size, and effects.

Seeing it now, made it out as quite the ugly blob. But the effects were certainly notable. The mental image that the mare had in her memory, of her daughter wandering around, had her covered from head to hoof in gauze, with no hair present - including mane or tail - and only one exposed eye, and end of her muzzle, to allow her to eat. It were like gazing upon a less grizzly mummy. Those she had seen before, in person, so she had an easy time compare them in her mind.

They generally didn't move, but the desert were cruel for the unprepared. Weren't as rare as some might like, to find a dry husk laying out there. At times the ones who did get lost, were lucky and got found. Sometimes by her hive. She tended to send them to a nearby town then. Wasn't out of the goodness of her heart though. She used it as an excuse to send scouts into the settlements. Plus, she got nothing out of the near dead. It were more fruitful to have them live, and then come back full of emotions another time, that they could feed upon.

Let it never be said, that she were not forward thinking. In probably the cruelest, pragmatic way.

21 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

While she did that, Sear spoke, she was familiar with the Jellies as they had seen them on their travels "I hope she heals well if not already healed, those things can be nasty." being fireproof herself, they weren't as big of a problem to her as to many, though even she preferred to avoid them, but she knew how dangerous they could be "Tell her that if she wants to, next time I'm around there she can come talk to me, I'd be happy to sing something to her." Chega then stated with a smile, she believed that those helping others should be celebrated, and that was partly why so many of her songs focused on less knows stories of heroics, sacrifice and such, everyone knew the stories about the elements of harmony, but what about the lesser known stories?

The guard carefully took the plaque back, and placed it back in the envelope, with a big smile on her face.

"I thank you for this, and I acan assure you, that I will bring your words on to her. I'm sure it will please her.

I doubt she will ever leave Shark Bay, but if your tour ever comes there again, I feel certain she will be there. And hopefully, next time will not involve the jellies. Nasty things, yet vital to the ocean's ecosystem. She did the right thing in diverting it, rather than attacking.

You have seen the waters, at the shore, near Shark Bay? Clean as a whistle, and brimming with life. Much as we are there to push away foreign enemies, we must focus hard on keeping the reefs lively.

Have you two, ever been there, as your companions? You would be welcome, as they are."

She would look towards the siblings as she said this, wondering if perhaps their attitude, were due to them thinking, that they would not be appreciated there.

=============================================

@GingerLightning

Gloop would look at the two, while they had their little sibling moment, with a small smile on her face. She tended to be one of the more nervous ones of the hive, and thus, didn't get on stage, like most others. But seeing moments like this, with that familiar tone, of family to it, helped that some. It felt nice and familiar, as their hive - her family - were joking around with one another like that, all the time. Even Cheshire were on their level, as she were one of the queens who didn't much care for being the mighty queen, on top of her throne, with the peasantry wandering about. They were family, and family should be treated with kindness, and respect.

Cheshire would put a hoof in front of her mouth, to stop herself from laughing, when Ginger mentioned her brother's fiancée, called him love bug. It was just so perfect as a nickname between couples, yet oh so funny to imagine.

"I can work on something, y-yes. Might be... Maybe tomorrow? Might be a day more, b-but it sorta depends if I can make it work."

"Of course you can make it work, my talented little larva."

"I... Y-Yes, I think it should. Won't hold a lot, but I'll see what I can do."

Cheshire would hug her daughter with one leg, and her face pressed against the left side of Gloop's face.

"You can rely on her, don't worry one thing there.

I keep noticing you saying fiancée, not wife. So... When's the big day? Do you have a ring ready? Venue sorted?"

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Bubble's comment made Light realize that they have a tour to finish and would apologize. 

"oh I see. I did not mean to make your job more tedious. Yes we should finish the tour before else." He would give the kitsune a bow and bid their farewell.

" We shall meet again, but for now we need to finish the tour."