Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-05-26 at 6:33 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Regardless, he'd slide up, and place himself on Lin's head. It were an excellent position to see what were going on around them, and for sooner seeing if there were dangers. Sadly also for cats to fall on him, but they had short legs, so they could also go after him from below. At least on top like this, they would not be able to just put him in their mouth, and easily run off. He also couldn't fall off without a warning, which would be bad, since basically everything and everyone, were bigger than he were.

Omen would wave them off as they went along. She trusted Lin would keep him safe, and that if things went bad, he would fireblast someone that got too close, while the two of them got away.

Lin would head off with Omen to find the other woodworkers who gave their wares to her for Rosa’s use. Fortunately, there wasn’t much in the way of trouble for her and her little friend, as the huntmaster’s second was nowhere to be found. That one would be attributed to the elder having a private conversation with him on his conduct; though he was disappointed with not getting his way, the elder was still the highest authority of the village, and anyone getting a stern conversation with him usually meant they’ve found themselves in serious trouble. 

As for the woodworkers, they’d be unlike Horu, older and more experienced but less inclined to learn more about the outside world or Omen. There was still an appreciation for being able to do some work, but knowing their work was being enjoyed by someone who isn’t a longma gave them pause. It was conflicting, but they conceded and let things be because it was ultimately harmless. Both woodworkers got the tools Lin promised them, but just like Horu, they weren’t quite sure what to make of them. At least with time, they’ll learn and get the hang of those.

"I have never thought myself as being better than others. I am flawed. Imperfect. Not like you normal creatures. Even Hammond knows more about some things, than I do, and he only got his form a few days ago.

I think that most others, are better than me. Flawed too, but wise. Knowing. So I try to learn from them, so I can be better too. If Fheng had wanted to show the things he were better at, then I would have wanted to learn from him too, and been curious. But not when he hurts my friends. Tried to make me say something, without telling me things back. He is likely still better than me, in many things. But he is arrogant, I think the word is? He acts like he is a master. A bad one too.

If he changes, then I will speak with him. But he needs to humble himself first, yes. Although I am not sure how that works. My master is very powerful, but strange. I never understood much of his reasons. Maybe there were none? I still do not know."

“Don’t sell yourself short, Omen. You know yourself, and you know how you can improve. That’s more that could be said for others who only see themselves better.”

“Sen is right. A bully has few friends when he needs them the most. Talking and making friends will make others want to know more about you, and that is your strength. How Feng changes is up to him, but that is his concern.”

Omen wouldn’t know it based on what happened earlier, but others saw how the situation went down with Fen and the siblings. They may feel powerless to help, but they know a bully when they see it, and they know Omen was in a tough spot. Still, she handled herself rather well, and others may see that as an example to show they won’t let bullies take advantage of them. If that was one lesson they could take away from this whole mess, one could only imagine what else Omen might teach them, knowingly or otherwise. After all, someone was already doing so in their midst and could see the Ki’Nathar as an unorthodox teacher.

I do not normally get to speak this much to others. Am I answering things right?"

Horu may still be unnerved by Omen’s stare but wasn’t offended by it, only trying to avoid bringing up how unnerved he felt in conversation. What he learned from the Ki’Nathar was interesting, though it made him feel sad about her Mother and wondered what her fate would be when the day she could “claim her soul” comes. One could hope for a happy ending to that question. Contrast that with ponies being afraid sometimes, and he wondered just how similar they could be with the longma. It may help the latter gain insight and understanding of foreign creatures.

“Thank you for sharing what you can. I suppose there are things that you can explain better because you know more; you teach me about yourself and your kind, and you are open about it. That is something I can appreciate because you can help me understand you. If it helps now, it can help the other longma when they ask, and that makes your answers right to me. Just be careful about giving too much information and to whom you’re giving it. Some may use it for ill-intent.”

“He’s right.”

A sudden, fourth voice came from the workshop’s entrance. Sen and Horu turned their backs to see a hunter that wasn’t bothering to hide an attempt at eavesdropping. Unlike Horu, this one was a familiar sight to Sen, but it might not be so for Omen. This one stood by, looking down as if he had trouble looking Sen in the eye but had no problems with the others. He said his piece, but Horu sensed there was more. As for Sen, he glared back, his calm breaths turned heavy; he knew this moment was coming one way or another.

“Xin…”

“Whatever is going to happen, this is not the place for it. Please take this elsewhere, preferably somewhere more private. I do not want more hunters coming in here.”

Xin nodded, then turned to Omen. “I don’t want to impose, but if you know someplace where we won’t be disturbed, please take us there. This is between me and Sen, but I would like it if you could hear me out too.”

@Catpone Cerberus

Both of the kitsune sat and listened carefully to what they were being told. It were honestly getting harder and harder to be skeptical of the claim these two made, of being from another world, and well... When that went aside, then came the curiosity and wonder. Their race were a curious one, that wanted to learn about things and creatures, just as much as they liked to mess with others, for the own amusement. Something from a whole other world, couldn't help but touch upon that, as well as the kits youthful excitement for adventure.

This were somewhat akin to being told of adventure, by one of the characters from the book itself. Just with more science, instead of magic, and a theme of war, over questing.

"Wauh, that's some really impressive cybernetics. Does it mean that you sacrifice your life energy to run it though? Or is it more like your natural energy, like what normally runs through the body?"

The kits had come to Equestria to both educate, and to learn, and they certainly were learning things, as fantastical and peculiar they may seem. Some of them, those at home would probably not believe, until they saw them with their own eyes. Which might mean that they'd get visited by some of the kits kin in time, but that really depended on things. Might be this went poorly, and none of them wanted to go within fifty meters of them, just in case. Who knew, yes?

"We don't mind learning about old diseases or anything. It's not exactly what we came here to learn, but the elders are expecting us to be taught many things, and be a good example. They say it is important, and I'm sure this counts too. Besides, it's interesting."

Being a bit calmer now, and both being curious, the siblings had started to do their twin talking thing again, where they spoke in complete unison. Sometimes that caused some odd looks from others, but here in this group at least, it had so far not caused anything, but a giggle from Shark. Better than they had expected, considering what they had been told before getting here. Maybe they were just lucky, but the warnings so far, hadn't seemed to be warranted all that much. But then, they had been here a day, and there were now issues from home so... Yeah, things were certainly not going as well as they could be, looking at it overall.

"We've talked a bit about where we're from actually, but we haven't heard a lot from your home. And most of it did not sound nice. Is there nothing nice you can say about your world? Or is it really that bad?"

There were probably something good, but so far, they've just heard of tyranny, blood, sadistic family members, and things falling apart. Were there nothing good there? No light in the darkness, so to speak? Or was it all just living under two tyrannical despots, bent on tormenting their subjects as much as possible? They hoped it were not the latter. There'd be no kind soul, born from something like that.

About three minutes after this question, giving some time for them to respond, and the water speedsters to finish their race, something would happen. The air behind the twin kitsune, would vibrate, like a ripple were passing through it, and from the midst, a single, crimson flower petal, would float out, and land on the ground. It seemed that they wouldn't have to wait that long more, for something to happen.

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Awh, she thinks I'm just gonna leave her all by herself for a long time? Now ain't that sweet?"

Leviathan didn't react on the potential promise of getting flayed, since she felt pretty confident, that she'd have to mess up insanely much, before it got that far, and doping so unapologetically. Like broadcasting all sorts of secrets about Ruby, in the town square, or sell the story to one of the big newspapers. Neither of which she'd do, since that were horrendous, and if she did do that, she frankly deserved what would come.

Sure, she were probably wrong about some things, misunderstanding others, and so forth. But she were not flawless, or hyper-intelligent. Just your average, run off the mill magical dragon, with somewhat of a consciousness. She did feel rather certain though, that Ruby didn't want to hurt her, unless she felt like there were no other option. And even then, might possibly regret it. About the talk earlier? Eeergh... She felt fairly certain she got the hist of it, but it were hard for her at times to tune in to the same vibe as Ruby,. due to how vastly different they approached some things, so she'd be honest here, and admit that she just sorta winged it every now and again, and hoped that she were right, or at least just misguided. She figured long as she didn't end up insulting Ruby instead, it were probably fine enough. And Ruby were not dumb either. She probably got what it were that Leviathan meant. If not... Whoops?

"I'm not saying I wouldn't give you space, but for a dragon, that can mean centuries, and that just isn't gonna happen. Frankly more than a half year, and I suspect that by pure coincidence, you'd have some times when you look up in the sky, and get reminded of me."

She'd twirl her claws, though she didn't cast any magic this time. It were more an indication of what it were that she meant. Folks did have times when they looked at the clouds, and saw shapes that reminded them of things after all. She'd just make it a little more customized, with things like a cloud that looked like her, or the words *I miss you.*. Perhaps a cheeky *This is the god of dragons. I command thee to leave thy cave*. Longer letters did cause a bigger scene though, but she liked messing with others too. And to get on the nerves of the weather team. She had mentioned it before, but seriously, they really didn't like her. Even tried a few times to have her arrested for disrupting things, but she were not technically breaking any law. She did have a few made because of her, for mostly unrelated reasons. At least in Equestria. Some other places? Heh, she had gotten laws made due to her interference, for very related reasons. Good times.

"You don't gotta worry about being easier to tolerate or anything. I find it fairly easy now, and I think if you try and force it, it might start to go bad. You've improved a lot since the time I tried to steal your necklace, and that's looked like it's been natural. I could be wrong of course, but I like the way it's going now. Before you know it, we'll be sipping juice at a cafe, and then straight off to wrestling sphinxes or something.

Sounds like a nice time at least. But we'll see what the future brings, yeah?

Speaking of the future, what's the plan now? We got some food, caused some deforestation, so what's next on the agenda?"

Sure she could think of some things they could do, but if Ruby kept having a plan with things, then why not just follow along with that, and see where the wind took them, so to speak? It were how she tended to deal with things, when she didn't have much of a goal. Just go with the flow, and most of the time, she'd eventually end up eventually just do something random, that entertained her for the time. Like resting on a cloud, and just snoring as it blew calmly around the sky. Something nice and calming about that.

=========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-05-28 at 3:39 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Lin would head off with Omen to find the other woodworkers who gave their wares to her for Rosa’s use. Fortunately, there wasn’t much in the way of trouble for her and her little friend, as the huntmaster’s second was nowhere to be found. That one would be attributed to the elder having a private conversation with him on his conduct; though he was disappointed with not getting his way, the elder was still the highest authority of the village, and anyone getting a stern conversation with him usually meant they’ve found themselves in serious trouble. 

As for the woodworkers, they’d be unlike Horu, older and more experienced but less inclined to learn more about the outside world or Omen. There was still an appreciation for being able to do some work, but knowing their work was being enjoyed by someone who isn’t a longma gave them pause. It was conflicting, but they conceded and let things be because it was ultimately harmless. Both woodworkers got the tools Lin promised them, but just like Horu, they weren’t quite sure what to make of them. At least with time, they’ll learn and get the hang of those.

Shrimp would be fully awake during their travels, and he'd be nice. He'd stay on Lin, not use his glittering flame, and not his regular fire either, though that'd hardly be worth much anyway, unless someone needed a candle lit. He could probably do that. His approach to meeting the leder longma were cautious curiosity, with him being nervous and reclusive the first one, and hiding on Lin in various angles, if he were attempted approached, but he'd slowly warm up, and be more openly curious, chirping and raising himself up, to get a better look at the older longma.

They would probably not be intimidated by him. Barring the usage of his glittering fire, Shrimp were not dangerous, and didn't look like it either. He mostly looked like an odd, white snake, with arms, legs, and golden claws and teeth. An oddity for sure, but harmless. At least it seemed unlikely, that they'd be scared of something that could probably be taken away by an enthusiastic pigeon. But give it a few decades, and then those birds were gonna see who were boss. Further than that? Who knew. Refractions were a rare breed now, and due to it incredibly reclusive, protecting what few numbers they had left, even more fervently than before. It were few who knew how large they could even be. Perhaps one day, they'd find out more, but for the time being, he were more a less a frail pet. A well protected one though.

In case any longma tried to pet or touch him, he'd be reluctant at first, but if Lin insisted, he'd trust her, and go a little bit closer to be touched. He'd even playfully bite claws, if it seemed to go well.

“Don’t sell yourself short, Omen. You know yourself, and you know how you can improve. That’s more that could be said for others who only see themselves better.”

“Sen is right. A bully has few friends when he needs them the most. Talking and making friends will make others want to know more about you, and that is your strength. How Feng changes is up to him, but that is his concern.”

"...How can I sell myself, and be short? Do you mean I should sell half of myself?"

Was this one of those sayings, that she didn't get? Could be that it were like *Break a leg*, which for the life of her, she could not grasp being a good saying. Why would you want someone to break a leg? Most needed them to walk on, and those who had broken legs, did not seem to think it were a good thing. At least if the screaming were still seen as a sign that something had gone wrong.

Since this didn't get grasped well by her, the next part of the sentence there, confused her some, so she simply stored it for later, when she had a chance to look it over more, or when she got a confirmation or something, about what it meant. She would still think that others were better than her though, in many ways, but that it was okay. She were learning things. Someday, maybe she would be as good as the normal ones, like Sen.

"And I have not had many friends, until recently. Sometimes, someone have called me that for a short time before, but Sen was the first one to call me that, who seemed to have meant it, because he keeps saying it. Him and Lin are very good beings, who have taught me many things, and I would not sell any part of them."

If Rosa had been here, he would've facehoofed, or made a comment about a wholesale deal, but as it were, Omen were just left making what she thought was a compliment towards her friends.

"I would not have met as many strange, but interesting creatures without them. Or get to speak to them. When I am alone, a lot does not want to talk to me. Sen and Lin helps a lot. Rosa does too, but he uses many big words."

“Thank you for sharing what you can. I suppose there are things that you can explain better because you know more; you teach me about yourself and your kind, and you are open about it. That is something I can appreciate because you can help me understand you. If it helps now, it can help the other longma when they ask, and that makes your answers right to me. Just be careful about giving too much information and to whom you’re giving it. Some may use it for ill-intent.”

“He’s right.”

Omen turned to look at the new arrival, though she didn't know who he were, by look alone. The name that Sen gave, also did not ring a bell. He had been one that were so complex, in his relationship with Sen, that basically nothing of what she had learned about him, had been retained, when she let her mind go empty. It had been too complicated for her to have anything truly stored, and thus, she could only go by what she saw now. Which seemed to be, that he knew Sen. In which way, she would have to see, though she would answer Horu first.

"My master taught me, that I should never lie, so I do not. Mother tells me, that telling others about me, will make them understand more, and that is good. So if others ask, I will answer them. I am still trying to understand what things I am not supposed to say. Knowing what not to say, is very complicated."

“Xin…”

“Whatever is going to happen, this is not the place for it. Please take this elsewhere, preferably somewhere more private. I do not want more hunters coming in here.”

Xin nodded, then turned to Omen. “I don’t want to impose, but if you know someplace where we won’t be disturbed, please take us there. This is between me and Sen, but I would like it if you could hear me out too.”

Omen wouldn't answer at first, but would instead go closer to Xin, somewhat confused, and tilted her head a few times.

"You smell familiar."

She couldn't really place why, but she seemed to know this one's scent. Not directly though, more indirectly, as if she had gotten it off of something, or someone, that he had interacted with prior to her sniffing. It was pretty strange... But Sen and Lin had said that she had forgotten things, from the last time she were here. Maybe he were one of those that she had forgotten? And if so, were that in a good, or bad way? Maybe she'd see, but since Sen didn't object, then she supposed that it were best to just oblige with the request made of her.

So she opened a gate in front of her, then wandered through, and began looking around. She'd open a few gates here and there, gaze through, but see other beings there. Kitsune, yak, minotaurs, dragons- In one case, something that looked like a blob of flesh, eyes, and teeth, that tried to lash out towards the gate with a spiked shot out of one of the eyes, that popped with a gurgling, blob-in-tar kind of sound. That one did cause her pause though, and halt her checking around for a moment, after closing the gate.

"That looked like something from sisters home. Very strange."

She had gazed into the home of her sister only a couple of times, when she passed briefly from her own world of screams and blood, into this. Once when she had been picked up, and then once much later, when she came to seemingly talk with Mother. The latter telling all of her children to hide in the other end of the realm. What happened during that time? She did not know, but she had seen something through the gate briefly, before walking off, that looked a little like the thing she had just seen.

The time when Mother had sent Salosan away, she did not remember properly. If she had, she would potentially recognize this one a little more, as it were more recent, and the memory would be clearer. Though it begged the question, that if this had been from her sisters realm, how had it gotten to their world? And if it were something passing through, what else, or who else, might then also see a path of escape, through a weakened rift between worlds?

Maybe she'd check up on this thing later, and ask Mother if she could ask her sister, if this were from her home. Though she doubted that Mother would let her. She had forbidden all of them to get near a gate, if she ever opened it in their home again, no matter how curious they were about the whispers, and the tentacles with eyes, writhing around the howling, oozing stones. It were apparently a very, very bad place.

Anyway, she would continue to check a few more places, and would eventually open a gate to a cave. The entrance surrounded by flowing grass, whistling in the wind. The air would be thinner than in the forest, and inside the cave, would sway lanky mushrooms, pulsating every now and again, in the same patterns around the walls. It would show i the dim light of the cave, that it would seemingly go in for a while, as the wave of luminescent, would stretch far beyond what they could see from out here. As for out here? It were a plateau, with far to the edges, before some steep falls, going down for several minutes in free fall, before the rocky formations below, would claim whatever were unfortunate enough to fall down that far.

"I knew a zebra who went here once. I do not feel her energy anymore, but she did not seem to mind I were there. She did not say anything though. I think she was meditating."

Once the two had gone through, Omen would follow suit. The gate to the longma village had closed, soon as the two longma had wandered through, and it would be the same here, once all three of them, left Omen's home.

She would keep a close look on things though, and if need be, she would use gates to take any of them in. Very much included, if any of them went over the edge. They would not fall to their deaths on her watch.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-05-30 at 4:59 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Shrimp would be fully awake during their travels, and he'd be nice. He'd stay on Lin, not use his glittering flame, and not his regular fire either, though that'd hardly be worth much anyway, unless someone needed a candle lit. He could probably do that. His approach to meeting the leder longma were cautious curiosity, with him being nervous and reclusive the first one, and hiding on Lin in various angles, if he were attempted approached, but he'd slowly warm up, and be more openly curious, chirping and raising himself up, to get a better look at the older longma.

Lin’s interactions with the other woodworkers were civil, though the latter would leave her with warnings about Shrimp messing up their wood carvings and creations. They weren’t aware of his ability to breathe fire, but they kept themselves distant from the refraction. Cute as he may be as a little creature, there were reasons to not keep pets within the village, most of which were related to their needs and beliefs. The creatures that make the forest their home are distinct, living their lives just like the longma. It wasn’t right to pluck and use them for someone else’s needs.

Unlike the previous interactions with Horu, the older woodworkers would prefer to keep themselves busy and avoid meddling in someone else’s affairs, though Shrimp’s presence drew some curious eyes toward him, namely the young children who quietly followed Lin around to see more of the refraction. She didn’t notice, but perhaps he might see them from the corner of his eyes…

"...How can I sell myself, and be short? Do you mean I should sell half of myself?"

“No, Omen. We’re not saying you should ‘sell’ yourself, or anyone else, in a literal sense. What I meant to say is that you know yourself well, and you are taking steps to be better. It sounded like you did not have a high opinion of yourself, even if you were stating facts, but you are already good.”

“It is as you say, you have friends who help you and have stayed with you. I assume you have been traveling together for some time now. Others keep their distance from you, but not them; that must mean that they see something good about you, right?”

Horu may be naive, but there is something to be said about how other creatures interact with Omen now. There was understanding, even though that may have been the case with Sen, Lin, or Rosa being around to help “break the ice,” so to speak, the woodworker and the siblings will vouch for the Ki’Nathar’s confidence. Admittedly, even the woodworker didn’t get the figure of speech and only worked off the parts that he could understand from what Sen stated. It doesn’t diminish the truth in their words; Feng came off as a bully looking to size up someone new, but Omen appeared to be getting to know the village. The alone could already win some over, but that will take time.

"You smell familiar."

Xin remained quiet and followed wherever Omen planned to take him. Normally, the sight of the gates and having to navigate them should keep him concerned, but he kept stoic the whole way through. It was only when they were at a plateau that he would give Omen some information that could help jog her memory.

“We have met before, back when Solasan was the elder of this village. I spent time away from the longma to find Sen and bring him home, at Elder Ghilan’s request. It was important that he be brought home back then, and it is just as important that he is here now.”

“Well, here I am, so do you want?”

“To put this shame and anger behind us... to tell you the truth. I know you still haven’t forgiven me for what happened, but you need to know what really happened that night you were exiled. The same goes for you, Omen. Sen may have told you about it, but he didn’t have the full story.”

Sen’s heart sank, and his anger swelled inside. He may have once considered shutting his old friend down for even daring to suggest there was more to the story, but that was what the old Sen would do. He wouldn’t say it, but he took Rosa’s words to heart when he first broached the topic some time ago, and maybe old friendships still count for something. For now, he’d stay his anger and hear what Xin had to say, as the latter paced back and forth on his spot. He practiced this numerous times in his head, but knowing it had to happen for real didn’t give him confidence.

“Do you remember what we were taught as young children? Don’t go exploring places deemed forbidden. Your father was looking into them, and that didn’t sit well with the elder. Solasan knew that if someone went digging around those places, he’d be discovered, especially because he found the orb that gave him knowledge of Legion. The elder knew he had to silence your father before anyone else found out.”

Father kept secrets? Sen didn’t believe it, but he had to consider what he learned so far. It made sense why the former elder would go after him, but there was no proof yet. How did this implicate his old friend? There must be more to this.

“Why should I believe you?”

“Two hunters approached me sometime after your exile and confessed that they stayed quiet and allowed Solasan to take your father away. They weren’t the only ones; he did the same to me too. Bought my silence... knowing that I was your partner, and I didn’t step in to stop your family from being destroyed.”

At that moment, Sen lost his composure and let out an anguished scream, charging straight at Xin and dragging him to the edge of the plateau. He didn’t want to hear anymore because none of this was right. Father was honest with him, and he wasn’t the kind to keep secrets. Likewise, this was the exact reaction Xin expected of his old friend, and knew he needed Omen to be present. After seeing what happened during the altercation with Feng, the longma knew the Ki’nathar could be impartial while attempting to stop Sen from doing something he’ll regret. 

“Omen!” the longma pleaded. “Please! There’s more you both should know!"

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Star Echo was truly grateful that his poem was appreciated.  If at least by just the one in their company.  The older stallion's response to the Prince's inquiry were in there, in how he saw Harrowmark.  A land full of mystery and joy just waiting to embrace the light as they crawl from the darkness.  Actually, much of Necrotic's statement answered his own question.  Rising arrived here as a detective out to arrest an evil force that threatened his home, so he saw the less pleasant side of Harrowmark.  Now he's here as the savior, pampered and totted around as a VIP on a guided tour.  The younger stallion was experiencing both extremes on his visit to Harrowmark.  Dawn through the perspective of trade with Harrowmark for the rich new market in one hoof, and on the other the control of that market flow to ebb any potential dangers that could make its way between the two lands. Maybe that truly was the most important perspective, as it would be Dawn and her associates working behind the scenes to determine what is and isn't allowed to pass between Equestria and Harrowmark.

Dessert for a start the to the meal wasn't something the family was use to, but nothing really other than tradition said otherwise.  "If I may, Necrotic?" Grace spoke up after using a handkerchief to dab at her lips.  The mother pegasus had spoken the least since their arrival.  She didn't feel a need to experience the theater that represented her own art and purpose to the world, to get out what she'd experience so far.  "Your land is old, both in rustic appearance and tradition.  A blast from the past, I believe one of my children put it earlier.  Stunted in development from the dark wizard, I believe?" Grace paused a moment to look over and get an affirming nod from Rising.  "But it's hard to say if that were even the road Harrowmark would have taken with or without him.  Meeting that High Priestess, her own traditions and devotions... That Rot Farmer.  Where would Harrowmark have ended up anyways?  The differences between out lands, are so numerous and so unknown" her wings twitched and she let out a long sigh.  "Your land terrifies me... like flying over the ocean and gazing down at the endless dark.  What could be down there, waiting.  Not knowing, ever knowing.  Every fiber my begin screaming at me to retreat to land as fast as possible.  Flesh eating moths, willing sacrifices, undead, creatures that we're warned about at everything chance to flee on sight of," Grace sort of sagged a little in her seat as their dishes were cleared and the next meal came out.  "The food's good though," she added on, feeling she spoke her piece and happy to get that off her chest.

The family was quiet after that.  Dawn had reached over and gently rubbed her mother's back for comfort.  Star, Dawn and Rising were more caught up in the spectacle of the pieces they played here in Harrowmark. Grace had represented a more down-to-Earth Equestrian thus far in their visit.  "Our similarities we'll find in the connections we have with our families.  At the end of the day, we all seek to do what is right by us, our families and our countries, in our own ways.  Neighbors often influence each other, but we've been so far removed, we're lucky to even be able to speak the same language.  Art, will serve us well.  Based on the Captain's reaction to my father's poem, I think we'll get along quite well in art," Dawn added with a wink in Gerthrude's direction before they dug into their newly presented meals.

@EQ_Theta

23 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

Unlike the previous interactions with Horu, the older woodworkers would prefer to keep themselves busy and avoid meddling in someone else’s affairs, though Shrimp’s presence drew some curious eyes toward him, namely the young children who quietly followed Lin around to see more of the refraction. She didn’t notice, but perhaps he might see them from the corner of his eyes…

The older woodworkers might not be friendly, but at least they were not hostile, so Shrimp would gaze at them, and be curious all the same. He stayed on Lin, and as there were no hostile actions, wouldn't have a reason to breathe fire, so their belongings were safe.

Some that he did eventually notice giving him more direct attention, were the smaller longma. They were still a fair bit larger than he were yes, but Lin were bigger than them, so she would keep him safe, yes? So as he noticed some of them were following them around, he'd slide down to her back instead, and then look around, chirping at the ones he did bite notice in. Maybe they wanted to play, or had snacks? Maybe water? He could do with some water soon. More than snacks actually.

“No, Omen. We’re not saying you should ‘sell’ yourself, or anyone else, in a literal sense. What I meant to say is that you know yourself well, and you are taking steps to be better. It sounded like you did not have a high opinion of yourself, even if you were stating facts, but you are already good.”

“It is as you say, you have friends who help you and have stayed with you. I assume you have been traveling together for some time now. Others keep their distance from you, but not them; that must mean that they see something good about you, right?”

"They probably do, but I still need to learn to see it like them. I am not normal, and do not see things like normal ones would. I did not get brought into this world, when things were normal, as you know them now. A lot have changed with the world, and those in it. More than I can understand myself."

She had also not been *designed* to be normal either. She were made by Discord, to live in a world of chaos. Trying to shoehorn her into a normal world, were never gonna be an easy thing. But it were slowly getting better and better, so there were improvements happening. That were the important part, yes? Maybe she had not started in a good place, but she were getting towards something resembling normalcy, in her own pace. Perhaps that were indeed a good thing, but she would still not think too highly of herself. She did not think it were fitting, seeing how most others were indeed better than her. At least considering how she were now. Time might change that.

Xin remained quiet and followed wherever Omen planned to take him. Normally, the sight of the gates and having to navigate them should keep him concerned, but he kept stoic the whole way through. It was only when they were at a plateau that he would give Omen some information that could help jog her memory.

“We have met before, back when Solasan was the elder of this village. I spent time away from the longma to find Sen and bring him home, at Elder Ghilan’s request. It was important that he be brought home back then, and it is just as important that he is here now.”

“Well, here I am, so do you want?”

“To put this shame and anger behind us... to tell you the truth. I know you still haven’t forgiven me for what happened, but you need to know what really happened that night you were exiled. The same goes for you, Omen. Sen may have told you about it, but he didn’t have the full story.”

Omen still had no idea who this were, or Salosan either. She had heard him mentioned in bad ways, as an enemy that had been handled by them somehow, but she still couldn't put a face, or smell, to the name. Much the same with Xin, though it sounded like he were going to tell them something now, that were going to be important. So she would remain quiet, and just listen, while still preparing mentally for needing to put up gates, in case it were needed. Which it might, as it sounded like he and Sen, did not get along all that well.

For a brief moment, a picture roamed through her head. Sen in a net, dangling above ground... She didn't know the context of it, but it seemed to be part of her fragmented memories of that day. Maybe listening, would give her context.

At that moment, Sen lost his composure and let out an anguished scream, charging straight at Xin and dragging him to the edge of the plateau. He didn’t want to hear anymore because none of this was right. Father was honest with him, and he wasn’t the kind to keep secrets. Likewise, this was the exact reaction Xin expected of his old friend, and knew he needed Omen to be present. After seeing what happened during the altercation with Feng, the longma knew the Ki’nathar could be impartial while attempting to stop Sen from doing something he’ll regret. 

“Omen!” the longma pleaded. “Please! There’s more you both should know!"

"Enough."

This were the end of Omen simply letting them stay here and speak, and a large gate would opened beneath them both, ensuring that none of them would accidentally go over the edge, transporting them to Mother's realm. She were not present, but that were not the point either. Them, being unable to go over the edge were, and she would not hear anything else to stop this. She had taken them there for privacy, but if this is how Sen wished to do things, she would stop him, before he ended up doing something he would regret. Though if that regret included him trying to throw Xin past her gate, a new one would open to swallow him up. She would not allow Sen to drop Xin, no matter how he were feeling about things.

In here, he could drop Xin if he wished to, and it wouldn't matter. There were no edges or mountains, unless they briefly made one out of the shadows, during their playtime. It were flat terrain, and thus, it were pointless to drop him there.

"Let him go, Sen. Or I will have to send you away."

She had told them before: She would protect them, even if it were from themselves. And she would stand by those words.

"Let him talk, and say the things he have to say. Then we can go and find out what is true, okay?"

If Sen could not accept that, or tried to harm Xin, he'd have to be sent away. Either to a field, where the flowers swayed calmly in the wind (in case he tried to attack Xin), or back to the longma village, if he just didn't want to listen. Either way though, Omen would stay. She wanted to know. It were about Sen and Lin's parents. That were not nothing, and even though Sen became very emotional about it, it were important information that they needed to hear. If it were true? That would be something they could find out later. But not is Sen acted out like this, and tried to stop Xin from talking.

Sen were honestly making a good example, of why perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing after all, that Omen were incapable of being overly emotional.

============================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Necrotic had no issue letting Grace talk, and would nod in approval, as she laid out her wish to speak. And as she did so, he would sit still, and patiently listen to her every word. Words that he wondered who would speak the first, as he knew well that their country were not a safe one, and it were frankly expected that there would be some words about that. He would admit, that he had expected it would be Rising who would say them, but still, he suspected that he at the very least shared some views with his dear mother. As did they probably all, and rightfully so.

8 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Your land is old, both in rustic appearance and tradition.  A blast from the past, I believe one of my children put it earlier.  Stunted in development from the dark wizard, I believe?" Grace paused a moment to look over and get an affirming nod from Rising.  "But it's hard to say if that were even the road Harrowmark would have taken with or without him.  Meeting that High Priestess, her own traditions and devotions... That Rot Farmer.  Where would Harrowmark have ended up anyways?  The differences between out lands, are so numerous and so unknown" her wings twitched and she let out a long sigh.  "Your land terrifies me... like flying over the ocean and gazing down at the endless dark.  What could be down there, waiting.  Not knowing, ever knowing.  Every fiber my begin screaming at me to retreat to land as fast as possible.  Flesh eating moths, willing sacrifices, undead, creatures that we're warned about at everything chance to flee on sight of," Grace sort of sagged a little in her seat as their dishes were cleared and the next meal came out.  "The food's good though," she added on, feeling she spoke her piece and happy to get that off her chest.

"I appreciate your honesty and sincerity, Grace. Though it may sound harsh to some ears, there is still truth in those words, and as we speak of the good, so too must we address the ugly parts, that lies beyond that.

It is true, that our country are... Traditional, even at our very core. Without Twisted, would we have come as long as Equestria presumably are? Probably not. Twisted wished to hold us in perpetual stagnation, as to avoid things progressing, that might cause a hindrance to his rule. It is for the same reason he had us isolated from the rest of Scandineighvia, with only few being able to escape properly. It is easier to control a small country like ours, if it is isolated, and kept teething on the brink of starvation, and stagnated growth. Yet still, we would not have given up on our traditions, and thus, it is likely that we would not have moved as fast as others might, who were more willing to cast aside their past.

There is also plentiful dangers. Many of whom you are warned about, though it weren't always like that. Our history books on the before time are scarce, but even during Twisted's... Tenure, it is clear the influence that he had in a more broad scale. A lot of our wildlife have become more violent over the generations, and most of the undead become less and less coherent, and more dangerous.

The High Priestess will know more of course, but I always suspected that it were related to the imbalance of our gods. Suusha is the god of undeath. Ideally, it would be that his followers were mostly of sane mind, and practiced their culture with some semblance of proper work with us. Much as the farmer seemed scary, he is still of sane mind, and seemed to have no intention of causing harm. That is how it should be, how I believe it once were, and can be again, now that there is a chance for the gods to come to balance once more.

*sigh* It have also not helped that he let out several of his twisted creations to the wild, causing entire ecosystems to go haywire... I have read several things, of our wicker bears once being such gentle creatures, that helped the harvest witches patrol the towns, as an example. This is a time I would like us to return to, but it will take time, and understanding of older ones, who were there in better times. And thanks to Sir Dusk, we now have several of those, that can help us guide things."

"I'm sorry, did you say you met a Rot Farmer? I thought Twisted had them all executed."

"Seemingly not all.

Now as I were saying, I am hoping things can improve. But you are right. As they stand now, Harrowmark presents its share of dangers. Yet as you also point out, you have seen two ends of an extreme. Your son experienced some of the darkest aspects one can face, whereas you are now seeing a safe place, in the midst of celebration. Things can be bad, yes, but so can it be lively and joyful.

As for the sacrifices... Like with the days before the dark times, you would have to speak more with the High Priestess, to get a good idea of how things were, and will be. I hold little in the way of concrete answers, but I can at least say that for my part, I aim to bring us forward. Reconnect with our old allies, reestablish the old harmony, and find ways to assure more safety for our citizens. We will not abandon our traditions fully. We know our gods are real, and turning our backs on them, especially now that they need us more than ever, is sacrilege. But that doesn't have to mean that we cannot evolve our worship, for a newer age. It have happened before after all, back when there were only Diamond Dogs in the country. If ever there were a sign to move forward, I would think might be it. Would you not agree?"

Necrotic kept his slight smile on his face, as he responded. Quite a long one yes, but it seemed the rest had gone silent regardless. Potentially because of Grace's words, they that were hardly needed. What she said were fair and reasonable after all, and he had after all, asked for opinions. It would be rather petty to get uppity, just because it wasn't he most glowing of reviews.

9 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

The family was quiet after that.  Dawn had reached over and gently rubbed her mother's back for comfort.  Star, Dawn and Rising were more caught up in the spectacle of the pieces they played here in Harrowmark. Grace had represented a more down-to-Earth Equestrian thus far in their visit.  "Our similarities we'll find in the connections we have with our families.  At the end of the day, we all seek to do what is right by us, our families and our countries, in our own ways.  Neighbors often influence each other, but we've been so far removed, we're lucky to even be able to speak the same language.  Art, will serve us well.  Based on the Captain's reaction to my father's poem, I think we'll get along quite well in art," Dawn added with a wink in Gerthrude's direction before they dug into their newly presented meals.

"Art is a language, all by itself. One of beauty and wonder. Be it poems, theater, paintings, or even statues, art can speak to many. Once we retrieve some of the old art we had stolen from us, I hope that it will one day be something that can be presented to outsiders visiting, within safe boundaries, and that our theaters can welcome curious visitors too. I feel certain that our artists of all backgrounds, would enjoy meeting new beings, and perhaps get inspired by them.

Truth be told though, I know not if we have ever even been in contact with Equestria before. It is not a name I have seen in our history books at least. Certainly we share a language, but common ponish seems to be used in many places, if we so far apart, speak it both.

Perhaps I can ask, how far away is Equestria? Is it beyond Germane? Perhaps around the Hayderlands? That is rather far away."

While waiting for an answer, he'd take a minor sip of the wine, and then slowly begin to eat his soup. A small portion yes, but there were food later. This were a taster after all, not a full meal. That would come eventually, and hopefully leave their guests in a state of being rather full. It wouldn't do, for their esteemed guests to leave hungry.

@Blitz Boom

23 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

The older woodworkers might not be friendly, but at least they were not hostile, so Shrimp would gaze at them, and be curious all the same. He stayed on Lin, and as there were no hostile actions, wouldn't have a reason to breathe fire, so their belongings were safe.

Some that he did eventually notice giving him more direct attention, were the smaller longma. They were still a fair bit larger than he were yes, but Lin were bigger than them, so she would keep him safe, yes? So as he noticed some of them were following them around, he'd slide down to her back instead, and then look around, chirping at the ones he did bite notice in. Maybe they wanted to play, or had snacks? Maybe water? He could do with some water soon. More than snacks actually.

Shrimp’s movements tipped Lin to something occurring near her, though it wasn’t apparent until the sounds of whispers and steps on the ground nearby became more apparent. By then, even the children didn’t bother trying to hide their intentions and curiosity toward the refraction, and they approached the two strangers to get a better look.

“Excuse me. Can we see that little creature on your back?”

“I guess that is all right, but don’t hurt him. He won’t like it if you try anything funny.”

There were about two young longma following Lin, and both stepped closer to get a better look at Shrimp. There was nothing like him in the forest, and even little lizards didn’t look quite like him. The young ones didn’t seem interested or impressed by the smoky wisps emanating from Lin’s back and wings, but that was all right. It was rather fortunate that they weren’t going to raise that because it could get complicated fast.

As for the two children, they were taking this slow, inching one claw or talon toward the refraction to maybe get it to show they weren’t hostile. That is, only one of them seemed brave enough to risk getting nipped if Shrimp got feisty, but they’d still like to get closer. The chirping sounded rather cute when it noticed them earlier.

23 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Let him talk, and say the things he have to say. Then we can go and find out what is true, okay?"

Sen hesitated; every moment spent there made him wish he could just throw his old friend off the plateau or throttle him, but Rosa’s words and Omen putting up safeties meant he couldn’t act on base instincts. This wasn’t right at all; why betray him like this? The longma relented, still breathing heavily, giving Xin some room to get up. While it was fortunate that they were in a private location like this, it may have been better to just do this back in the village, or at least in the forest. Being caught by a forest-dwelling predator or a hunter seemed like a mercy if they can just take away this anger and confusion.

Wishing wasn’t going to work, and Xin, mustering up what remorse he could to reach out to his old friend, hoped this could get Sen to understand. “Solasan bought my silence because he threatened my family, too. He said he’d make them disappear if I tried to stop him.”

“W-Why… Why didn’t you come to me? You c-could have t-told me. We could have found a way...”

“It was either you or my family, and I didn’t want to choose. Sadly, not choosing was still a choice, and every day after, I spent it kicking myself and wondering whether things would have been different if I had chosen differently. I kept going back to you to tell you how sorry I am, but I know you’ll never forgive me. All this time, I just wanted to put this matter behind me because this guilt has hounded me for years, so I will say it now: I’m sorry.”

“I know what I say will never be enough, nor will it let us go back to being friends, but I’d rather not want us to be enemies. If there’s any way I can help ease this pain, like telling you more or letting you take your anger out on me, now’s the time. The same is true for you, Omen. You’re Sen’s friend, but you are neutral. Sate your curiosity, and if you think what I did was unforgivable, just say it. I won’t deny it.” 

Both longma stood there, with Xin looking down at the ground after he said his piece or Sen staring down the edge of the plateau, unable to look each other in the eye and hoping someone would speak to simply break the silence. The former turned crestfallen and awaited the tongue-lashing and beating he expected, no longer having any energy to fight back. However, he still had hope that Sen, or Omen, could just talk this out with him, even if the chances of a civil and peaceful resolution were slim. With Sen still looking away, it didn’t look like was ready to talk, likely still processing everything he learned while holding back his tears. He and his old friend were hurting all this time, holding on to guilt instead of healing.

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-06-02 at 3:40 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Excuse me. Can we see that little creature on your back?”

“I guess that is all right, but don’t hurt him. He won’t like it if you try anything funny.”

Shrimp slithered a little closer, as the small ones got closer too. He did not fully understand much of what others were saying, but he believed that if Lin stood still, and let them come closer, that must mean that they were not bad, like the other one had been. So he would give them a chance, and see how they were.

He'd hold on to the side of Lin, as they started to get closer, by clutching at whatever he could, with his feet, whilst hovering a few inches above her surface with the rest of his body, instinctually trying to make sure that he wouldn't just slide down, by abiding to regular gravity, but more like when he climbed folks. Though it were less secure at his age, hence the clutching.

He'd chirp a few more time as they got close, and when the first then got close enough, he'd start to sniff their claws. He did not know these, but they smelled like longma, and Lin seemed okay with them, so he'd try and be nice to them too, and let out a chirp that were a little more high pitched, with a happy expression (for a lizard) on his face, then nibble on the claw. His strength were not great, so it were akin to a kitten trying to bite you. Strong enough to chew down soft food, and be felt if he hit skin, but not enough to puncture. And claws he wouldn't have a chance to bite through.

Time to see if they were maybe here to play. Things had gotten very serious the last few times he had been awake. It would be nice if they calmed down.

On 2023-06-02 at 3:40 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Wishing wasn’t going to work, and Xin, mustering up what remorse he could to reach out to his old friend, hoped this could get Sen to understand. “Solasan bought my silence because he threatened my family, too. He said he’d make them disappear if I tried to stop him.”

“W-Why… Why didn’t you come to me? You c-could have t-told me. We could have found a way...”

“It was either you or my family, and I didn’t want to choose. Sadly, not choosing was still a choice, and every day after, I spent it kicking myself and wondering whether things would have been different if I had chosen differently. I kept going back to you to tell you how sorry I am, but I know you’ll never forgive me. All this time, I just wanted to put this matter behind me because this guilt has hounded me for years, so I will say it now: I’m sorry.”

“I know what I say will never be enough, nor will it let us go back to being friends, but I’d rather not want us to be enemies. If there’s any way I can help ease this pain, like telling you more or letting you take your anger out on me, now’s the time. The same is true for you, Omen. You’re Sen’s friend, but you are neutral. Sate your curiosity, and if you think what I did was unforgivable, just say it. I won’t deny it.” 

There wasn't a plateau to stand on, as Omen had taken swift action, and forced them back into her home, rather than risk something unfortunate happening to either of them. She'd take them back, if they did not seem to want issues anymore, and she were asked, but as it stood, they'd stand in the dim darkness of her home instead, where they'd both be safer.

In the distance, her siblings played along, shadows melding together for a brief moment, to show a ship, sailing along a dark ocean, before they dispersed, and began something else. A traffic stop, with nothing. A flock of deer, roaming the wilds. Unspeakable things with three to six limbs, bouncing about in what seemed like a large bubble- They would do much, and randomly both start and begin them, their attention being fickle when it came to things like this. Reenacting things they had seen through the portals that their formed siblings made, or been told by the formed ones, who returned to tell them stories. Many games, from many worlds, repeated seemingly forever, as they waited for them to get picked, by a roaming passer-through.

Currently, they were all fixated on this, except for one lone shadow, who bounced about. Literally, it were the size and rough shape of a ball, with two small, mouse-like eyes on it, as it bounced about, without a care. That one were somewhat near them, and might pick up on what were going on. It seemed it were interested at least, as it were headed somewhat directly towards them at least.

"Yes, I am neutral. And it makes it hard to pick a side.

Family is important. You protected your family first. This I can understand.

But Sen was also your friend, and you hurt him. So I understand why he does not like it.

I do not know what I would do, if I had to pick between my family, and my friends. They are both important, and I do not want to see either being hurt. I am not sure if I could choose.

You made that choice, Xin. But then, what if you had made the other? If you had stuck with Sen, your family would be gone. That would not be good either. So did you have a real choice, that would not hurt someone you cared about?"

Omen tilted her head, rattling a few thoughts around, that were coalescing into another question.

"If Salosan wanted to hurt the father of Sen, would he not have done so, even if you had gone against him? I am not sure, but it sounds like he wanted to do that, and that it did not matter how he would do it."

This were all very confusing honestly. A lot of emotions of betrayal, fear, agony- More and ore, and she couldn't understand those things enough, to make a proper evaluation of things. She could only go by what she were being told, and from that, she could not see that Xin had a good choice to make. He'd have to chose to protect one, and cause the other to disappear, and he had in the end picked family over his friend. She could understand that, but also why Sen did not like it. She did not understand emotions well, but she grasped that friends were supposed to stick together, and not do things like this.

Honestly, this all sounded like an emotional mess, where if you cut through it, and ignored that, there were no good outcome that could happen from all of this. Someone would have gotten hurt, no matter what, and if she understood right, Sen's father would have been targeted no matter what. It were not good.

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih

Trox addressed Light's question "The same structural designs that keep water from introducing contaminants in places that should stay clean, also work on dust and sand, everything else can be washed." "And in cases where the seals are damaged, they are moving parts after all, I can just take the limbs apart to clean and fix them." "Though being combat models, and having several generations of models before them, those parts are made durable enough that I will be out of combat lot faster than they ever will." "Ultimately they are like any other piece of equipment, like a blade needs sharpening now and then, these need to go through some maintenance now and then too." he could truly talk about them forever, and that was without any of the technical language, if he ever met someone with the same level of understanding as himself, he could go for days without a break. Like before, as he spoke about them, he moved them, pointed at them and did other such gestures to add to what he was saying, it was clear he was passionate about the topic. 

He then responded to the kits "Natural energy, both biological and magical, as far as rest of my body is concerned, these are just regular, slightly more energy efficient limbs." "Even this..." he brought his tail forward to show the thing in its tip "...is considered just a part of me by my body, even though stingers are not a natural part of kobolds." this was actually the first time he had directly addressed that piece of technology to anyone, if you didn't count the silent gesture to tell the hospital staff why Sheska was missing piece of her tail.

"If you want, I can tell you about it when things calm down, sharing medical knowledge is always good, but information about long eradicated illness from different world affecting species most creatures don't know even exists isn't very time sensitive." Sheska remarked slightly humorously, it was of course important to study even long dead bacteria and viruses, and she was more than happy to talk about such things, but she felt it should be done in more peaceful situation.

The siblings thought for a moment about the last question "It really depends on how you define the world as an entity." "There are of course pleasant experiences in our lives, but does it make the world any better when they are things that could happen in any kind of world?" "Or things that are only positive in relation to everything else?" "These things are also relative, I'm sure if you asked some rich elite from the capital, they'd say its lovely out there." 

"The matter of fact is, that any positive things we could say are because what we are, kobolds, all our good memories are thanks to the community we lived in, the world outside our unity is, or was, suffering." "Really the only good answer is for you to understand just who we are." "We are rebels against species that is physically, magically, and politically more powerful than us, against creatures that invaded our homes, forced us into their society as slaves and outcasts, even now, with most, not all, but most slavery having been replaced with machines, we are still at best second class citizens." "We have lost family and friends due to a war we have no stake in, we have lost our freedoms under tyrannical leaders we didn't ask for, we are insulted by creatures we never wanted to meet." 

"Is there good in that world? maybe, good and evil are matters of perspective, but as far as we are concerned, if that rotten guard is truthful and our world is truly destroying itself, we say good riddance." "Sure the loss of our kind is a great shame, and we will grief for them if we ever learn of their fate, but being wiped out of existence is a small price for fall of the enemy." they were lot more serious than they had been up to this point with the last response, while generally they had been very calm and serious, sometimes hateful, the devotion behind their words was new, these two would truly be willing to end the world if it meant victory over what they saw as the evil.

They got up when things started to happen again, ready, but not anymore worried than they had been at any point, they took the threat seriously, but they still saw the whole situation as inconvenient at worst. 

----------------------------------------------

"If I truly wanted to disappear, I'd simply return to homelands." Ruby pointed out, and that was all she said regarding it, the fact was, that if she for some reason decided she wanted to be alone for centuries, she'd simply fly back to the homelands, but that wasn't what she had meant with being alone, she meant with it what she had done just moments ago, a moment of peace to let her think. 

She didn't say it out loud, but she had made an effort this whole time, even the fact that she didn't just attack Leviathan in the necklace situation was conscious choice that had taken work. As she stated earlier, ultimately she and her kind were wild animals, and breaking the feral mindset took active effort, so her promise was more about changing the direction a bit rather than trying anything new, and it was actually Charir rather than Leviathan who had pushed that idea in her, because the way he treated her when compared to Leviathan had opened her eyes a bit, after all, she saw bit of herself in him, and seeing him look at her like she looked at their mother, it...disgusted her actually, she wasn't one to feel shame for her actions, but being compared to her was the closest thing to a shame she could feel. 

"We stick to the original plan, Spicy (hopefully I remember her name right) had business to offer, so we'll meet her like planned." "So to Canterlot we go again." she then let out a sigh and transformed back to her pony form, she disliked it more and more every time she transformed, she almost hoped she would make a mistake so that she could drop the act altogether "I also need to find someone to deal with the damned necklace, I'm not fan of the risk it causes." if anyone learned just how it affected her, they could use it as tool of torture by just taking it away, sure they would need to find a way to stop her from taking it back first, and it wouldn't do anything but make her angrier and cause her to hunt them down after, but while she didn't fear suffering, she still wanted to avoid it. 

@Catpone Cerberus @Blitz Boom

Light was quite interested in the kobolt's point of view. As a matter of fact he understands them.

" I was once like that.... Didn't care for the worlds i destroyed just to get the mission done... Luckily i got pulled out from that repeating cycle of chaos." He said while looking at Shark with a smile.

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-06-04 at 3:22 PM, Blitz Boom said:

He'd chirp a few more time as they got close, and when the first then got close enough, he'd start to sniff their claws. He did not know these, but they smelled like longma, and Lin seemed okay with them, so he'd try and be nice to them too, and let out a chirp that were a little more high pitched, with a happy expression (for a lizard) on his face, then nibble on the claw. His strength were not great, so it were akin to a kitten trying to bite you. Strong enough to chew down soft food, and be felt if he hit skin, but not enough to puncture. And claws he wouldn't have a chance to bite through.

Time to see if they were maybe here to play. Things had gotten very serious the last few times he had been awake. It would be nice if they calmed down.

The young children found their courage upon seeing the refraction inch forward and established their rapport with him. In time, that courage became confidence, but admittedly, the little creature was rather cute up close, and the chirping made them feel at ease. They weren’t a threat, and they would like to get to know this one a little better, along with the strange longma that carried him around. The two had some food on them, though it wasn’t much. Berries were the staple of their snack times, and it was about past the middle of the afternoon already. 

“Does your little friend eat berries? Maybe it is hungry.”

“I guess he might be a bit hungry. We’ve introduced him to the berries we eat, so it’s safe to give him some.”

“Ooh, does he have a name?”

“He does. He goes by ‘Shrimp.’”

The older of the two children approached Shrimp with a few berries in one claw, slowly bringing a bunch toward the little creature. “Do not be scared, Shrimp. I have some berries here for you!”

On 2023-06-04 at 3:22 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Family is important. You protected your family first. This I can understand.

But Sen was also your friend, and you hurt him. So I understand why he does not like it.

I do not know what I would do, if I had to pick between my family, and my friends. They are both important, and I do not want to see either being hurt. I am not sure if I could choose.

You made that choice, Xin. But then, what if you had made the other? If you had stuck with Sen, your family would be gone. That would not be good either. So did you have a real choice, that would not hurt someone you cared about?"

“I… Someone was going to get hurt, and Solasan was always going to go after Sen’s father. It doesn’t excuse what I did or didn’t do, even if anyone were to tell me it wasn’t my fault. The truth is, deep down, we can’t escape the guilt. I lived, just as Sen lived, but living has only left us thinking that it should have happened differently. Living is just another kind of punishment to let us wallow in what could have been. Isn’t that right, Sen?”

The longma standing distantly from them looked up, then approached them both. He wasn’t in a good mood, but he recognized this sullenness, and it resonated with him. There were echoes of his reasons for wanting to protect his friends, and his tragedy is what fueled him to become rather overprotective. Now, perhaps his old friend also felt that, and he only added to the grief that he lived with for so long. He never saw himself as petty or vindictive, and even with his anger, he couldn’t find it in himself to be so heartless.

“I’ve thought about it, and there were days when I believed that I should have been the one to take my father’s place. I feel guilty about being here, and I still wonder why it was me who lived. Omen? I know you said you are still trying to understand emotions, but I hope this pain, this sadness, is something you never have to experience. It’s why I’ve become so protective. No one should feel this way, not even you.”

Sen looked at his old friend as he said his piece, and Xin nodded in affirmation. It was here that, even if fleeting, the two longma felt weights lift off their chests. There was an understanding between them, that they weren’t at fault for something that they couldn’t avoid, not in any reasonable capacity anyway. They may be at a breakthrough where they could start mending their relationship, even if they couldn’t go back to being friends. Xin smiled, seeing that he and Omen got through to Sen, and he wasn’t going to let things remain there when there was more to show. Now that they are on a slightly more positive footing with each other, it seemed like a good time to do so.

“I don’t know if you could consider me anything more than another longma in the village, Omen, but thank you. What you said helped me realize that there was no real choice for me to make, that I was trapped in a decision I shouldn’t be making. I just hope that Sen could see that, too. If there are still doubts about what I said, let me show you proof. When you’re ready, can you take us all back to the village? There is one more place you need to see.” 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Harmony.  A big word in Equestria now on the minds of my of its citizens since the return, and subsequent cleansing, of Nightmare Moon.  The barers of Harmony had done a great many things for the land of light in recent times, even to go as far as one of their numbers to rise to the status of Princess and the Alicorn transformation that comes with it.  Harmony would be a big topic Princess Twilight would be bringing to Harrowmark.  Rising just wasn't sure yet if the kind of Harmony Necrotic wished to restore would be in the same vein, or to the level Twilight was willing to share with them.  The word oddly stuck out to the detective, even after his mother laid out her fears in the mist of this celebration and Necrotic replied in kind.  Which in of itself was impressive to the stallion.  True to his word, he accepted both the good and the bad.  At some level, the words had to sting, it were still his land after all and all he's ever known.  Just as the ponies of Equestria would have to accept the Prince's own criticism while they work to find common ground.  Neither land would be perfect in the eyes of the other, the world just didn't work like that.  But even those with vast differences can still be good neighbors on what they do share.

Harrowmark would never break from tradition, not fully.  Necrotic wasn't wrong.  Their gods were real.  Real beings of primordial power.  Rising had met them.  He had talked to them.  Felt them.  Seen them at levels he wasn't sure another could with his extra magic sense.  There was no reason to break from their gods.  The real question was, would the gods let them change their traditions to modern times?  To be fair, Equestria likely had its own traditions that would seem alien to others.  The family were just as easily stuck in the ways that were normal to them as the creatures of Harrowmark were in theirs.  What would Necrotic think upon learning how Equestria moves from season to season.  Everything here in Harrowmark seems to natural and Rising hadn't seen anything in their land yet that worked like Cloudsdale, bringing the rain and snow to the land via a factory.  Dawn's own actions alone confused and question Lily's ideals in just the short time they were together yet nothing seemed off to his twin sister while she did.

The family sampled the new dishes.  The soup and the wine.  Dawn and Grace were much better experts when it came to this kind of drink.  Star preferred ciders and Rising wasn't much of a drinker at all.  Approving sounds of agreement echoed his thoughts as his sister and mother expressed their like for the drink, "This is delightful!".  His farther took the meal and drink in his usual jovial manner, continuing to fill the area with his deep ho ho hos.  Rising was neutral to the drink, but the soup was pleasant enough.

To Necrotic's inquiry, Rising pulled up a map he'd long had stored in his memory palace.  Drawing invisible dotted lines along a legend.  It wasn't the most up to date, only just being filled in a little with what he's learned in the short time he's been here.  "Five days by train.  Three weeks by wagon.  Give or take," he informed the pegasus.  "Or less than a second using the portal," the detective smirked.  Dawn sighed, "Do excuse him.  He's neither funny or good with visual aid."  The mare ignited her horn in its rainbow glow.  A rainbow feathered quill poofed into existence and began drawing in the air over the table as if it were a solid canvas.  First a large circle in rainbow ink, then the quill started to scribble inside the circle at a rapid pace.  Filling in land masses, oceans, seas, mountains, deserts, forests, tundras, jungles and rivers.  It took her about a minute to finish drawing the map of the world.  Equestria was the most detailed, even having taken the time to fill in cities and town.  Outside of Equestria, their neighbors, slightly less detailed.  The further out from Equestria, the map became less and less detailed, devolving mostly into just lines as borders and maybe something the land was known for from afar.  Dawn had roughly drawn at least the correct shape of Harrowmark, and it was only labeled as such.  She didn't even know where the city they were in was in the country.  There was a dark splotch of ink however, roughly where Twisted's swamp was.  Basically what she could remember from when she felt the darkness creeping into Rising's mind through their twin connection.  "So, Harrowmark," she poked the country and drew a long line across other lands and waters all the way to, "Equestria," she circled it.

Edited by Rising Dusk

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-06-05 at 5:22 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Does your little friend eat berries? Maybe it is hungry.”

“I guess he might be a bit hungry. We’ve introduced him to the berries we eat, so it’s safe to give him some.”

“Ooh, does he have a name?”

“He does. He goes by ‘Shrimp.’”

The older of the two children approached Shrimp with a few berries in one claw, slowly bringing a bunch toward the little creature. “Do not be scared, Shrimp. I have some berries here for you!”

Shrimp got to look a lot more energetic, once he saw that they had berries for him. Of the food he had tried thus far, that were his favorite thing, as it were both delicious, and very liquidly, so it helped at times like now, when he were feeling thirsty. So as they were brought nearer, he'd eagerly reach out with his small arms, aiming for a big one. He were mostly thirsty right now, so getting a chance to suck those dry of their juices were high on his agenda right now.

Soon as the target were in reach, he'd chomp down with his mouth, whilst using his hands to hold, and would start to drain them. A happy look were spread on his face, as he drank from the berry, then chomped it down. He could use some water later, but this were still a nice way to take the worst. And afterwards, he'd look towards the longma that had given it to him, and chirped happily, whilst doing a little worm dance. All with a smile on his small face.

"Ta... Taaah... Ooou... Fank ju?"

The n were hard, but Shrimp were trying his very best right now, to say it as close to right, as he kept hearing his caretakers say it, when they got things. It sounded kinda like it to him at least, but you could hear on his tone, that he wasn't sure. So his gaze would remain on the young longma, curiosity in his eyes, examining how they'd react, to see if he said it right.

If they tried to feed him more berries, he wouldn't be interested, but would be happily nibbling at their claws. At least at first. He might be convinced to chomp another down later.

On 2023-06-05 at 5:22 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I don’t know if you could consider me anything more than another longma in the village, Omen, but thank you. What you said helped me realize that there was no real choice for me to make, that I was trapped in a decision I shouldn’t be making. I just hope that Sen could see that, too. If there are still doubts about what I said, let me show you proof. When you’re ready, can you take us all back to the village? There is one more place you need to see.” 

It seemed as if they were getting along well again, which were a good thing. If Mother had observed this were hard to tell, as she did not make her presence known, not even by voice, but if she had seen it, Omen felt certain that she would have liked this. She always taught them the importance of family, and friends came right after that. This were a messy situation, where there had to be a choice between the two, and that could not end well, no matter what had been picked. It were the two most important things, and picking one, would hurt the other. Even though Omen didn't understand the finer points in cruelty, she did grasp a sliver. Enough to understand that picking between two such important things, and knowing that the one you didn't go with, would get hurt, were something bad. Cruel even.

Granted, she mostly knew this definition, because she had seen it being referenced a lot in a theater show she had once gone in to witness. She were not sure what it were called. She had not been able to read the sign outside, but it did talk at length about having to chose between the things that stood you most dear, and the cruelty of being put in that position. She had come to accept that being another word for something being bad, but with something personal, and in rather specific situations.

She also remembered the theater building being set on fire, by some griffon, that then tried to rush at the ones on stage somewhere near the end. She sent him away, then opened a gate angled at a lake through to the other end, dousing a lot of the fire in water. She did not mind the fire herself, but by the screaming, and others avoiding it, she grasped that they did not like it. The firefighters that had started to show up, had seemed very confused about the sudden stream of water from above, and the ones inside, had ridden out on a small wave, as the water had semi-filled the theater, and put enough pressure on the door to where it swung open. She had just wanted enough water in there for it to work, so there had been a bit much.

It had been very silent after that, so she had left. She were used to that sort meaning that it were not long, before the screaming would begin, or someone would point hooves at her, for some reason that she did not understand. It had been an interesting experience though, with her taking the fish that had gotten through as well, and taken them back to the lake she had gotten the water from. It did not seem right to just leave them there.

"I only said what I think made sense."

She'd open a gate next to them, this one leading to her room, in the sibling's house.

"If you want to show us something, then lead the way. But do not try and attack one another in town. I will send you both back to my home, if you do. Ghilan said it were bad. And do not talk to Fheng, if he shows up. Focus on what is important."

She wouldn't walk through, until both of them had, and when they'd wander through,. she would follow them. If Fheng, or any other hunter, tried to attack, she would simply have a gate swallow them up, and send them to the outside of town. If they came around, trying to goad Sen into doing something again, she would tell him to ignore them. And if he could not, he would be sent to Mother's realm. He could not escape on his own, and neither could Xin, so she did not need to send either of them further away than that.

=====================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 2023-06-06 at 5:28 AM, Rising Dusk said:

The family sampled the new dishes.  The soup and the wine.  Dawn and Grace were much better experts when it came to this kind of drink.  Star preferred ciders and Rising wasn't much of a drinker at all.  Approving sounds of agreement echoed his thoughts as his sister and mother expressed their like for the drink, "This is delightful!".  His farther took the meal and drink in his usual jovial manner, continuing to fill the area with his deep ho ho hos.  Rising was neutral to the drink, but the soup was pleasant enough.

"That is good to hear. It is perhaps not the fanciest meal one may find in our district, but in the end, great taste is what matters."

She would also make sure to order something with that in mind for their canine companions. Though that would be sent to the castle. A thank you to them, for when they'd return, for taking so good care of their savior. That, and Bloom were not blind to whom of the guards that Necrotic favored. Getting on his good side were imperative, for the future. Though not too good. Certainly he were a fascinating stallion, but there were far more persistent and influential mares who had an eye for him, for more long term reasons. Some of them, even looked beyond just the gain for themselves, and gazed upon him in a more... Personal fashion. It were best to leave him to them, and cast her gaze elsewhere.

Besides, next to the radiance of those like Dawn, and her beauty, she knew well that she did not stand a chance. Some stars simply burned brighter than others, and if she could only stand in the shadow of more pretty mares, it were a lost cause, even if she had any romantic interest, which were... Well, it were there, but not greatly. It were mostly a mere factor of physical attraction. He were not ugly after all. That would certainly not be right to say. Not in her eyes.

On 2023-06-06 at 5:28 AM, Rising Dusk said:

To Necrotic's inquiry, Rising pulled up a map he'd long had stored in his memory palace.  Drawing invisible dotted lines along a legend.  It wasn't the most up to date, only just being filled in a little with what he's learned in the short time he's been here.  "Five days by train.  Three weeks by wagon.  Give or take," he informed the pegasus.  "Or less than a second using the portal," the detective smirked.  Dawn sighed, "Do excuse him.  He's neither funny or good with visual aid."  The mare ignited her horn in its rainbow glow.  A rainbow feathered quill poofed into existence and began drawing in the air over the table as if it were a solid canvas.  First a large circle in rainbow ink, then the quill started to scribble inside the circle at a rapid pace.  Filling in land masses, oceans, seas, mountains, deserts, forests, tundras, jungles and rivers.  It took her about a minute to finish drawing the map of the world.  Equestria was the most detailed, even having taken the time to fill in cities and town.  Outside of Equestria, their neighbors, slightly less detailed.  The further out from Equestria, the map became less and less detailed, devolving mostly into just lines as borders and maybe something the land was known for from afar.  Dawn had roughly drawn at least the correct shape of Harrowmark, and it was only labeled as such.  She didn't even know where the city they were in was in the country.  There was a dark splotch of ink however, roughly where Twisted's swamp was.  Basically what she could remember from when she felt the darkness creeping into Rising's mind through their twin connection.  "So, Harrowmark," she poked the country and drew a long line across other lands and waters all the way to, "Equestria," she circled it.

Necrotic halted doing what he were doing, as he saw the map begin to take shape. In fact, several looked on in awe at it. Most had never seen one describing much of the outside world, in all of their life, or unlife, so this drew some eyes, of the less than drunk. Even if it were hard to see for them,. due to the guards, and the angle were not good. They'd lose interest and wander off soon enough, but the fascination with the outside were there, to behold. That were good, in Necrotic's eyes. If they were still curious of the world outside, that meant there were hope, that they'd be open and welcome to new individuals, and new splendors. They would be needing that, in the times to come.

He'd follow the line, and gaze as for how long it were from them.

"That is quite the way from our humble little country. Far beyond borders, that we have not visited in centuries.

That said, it does lack some details. May I?"

If there were no complaints, he would raise a hoof, and begin to add some clarity to this map, in their area. He could not mix the magic he'd assume, but he could imprint a more detailed map, floating in front of it, to show how it were here, far from Equestrian shores. His magic would flow smoothly and calmly from his hoof, with a light-green aura, albeit being regular magic. Tainted by Harrowish dark magic to anextend yes, but still, more or less regular magic.

Both parts of Harrowmark, and the small islands between them, were shown in vivid details, with flowing, elegant text, naming each notable part. Twisted's swamp for instance, were marked as *The Lair*. Twisted had not cared for a grandiose name, and had just let others begin to spread their own. As long as it were not offensive to him, of course, and this one had amused him somewhat, so it had been allowed. Other places were named further back, or had to be renamed, due to various things happening there over the years. Such as a harbor called *Tide's End*, a very dark part of the map, in the western half of the country, called *Hallow Mound*, with a skull scribbled next to it, and a small dot, on the southmost point of Soulland (The part of Harrowmark they were in), simply marked as *Nightmare*.

Most places were nice though. *Pearly County*, *Oakland*, *Haystington High* and such. No mountains in sight, but that were something they never had. Why they did not know, but they did not question nature in that regard. More important things, tended to be on their every day minds.

Just before it filled out Copperhagen, there were one place, which might catch the eye. Somewhere called *Knobbed Russet's Orchard*. A name referencing a peculiar kind of apple. Not a giant place, but a notable size still, considering the small villages that were mostly around Harrowmark, due to larger ones being seen as dangerous. They figured that in case Twisted got the occasional urge to destroy a town, if they were more spread, at least there'd be less that he could take at a time, before he got bored and returned home. The orchard had been given some leeway to grow however, larger than the nearby towns, because it were simple made food, and an easy food source to attack, if Twisted felt particularly displeased. A threat that loomed over many a head over the years, keeping them in check. The threat of starvation, were an ever effective one, unfortunately.

Afterwards, he'd fill in the map for their neighboring countries. Including one of Germane.

"It is not much, and the maps from outside our own borders are woefully outdated, but it should give you some idea, of how our countries look.

There are quite the distance between us though. We may need to utilize gates more than at first expected, to communicate and trade, with any level of decent speed. At least at first. I must remember to discuss this with the portal mages, that they may prepare to anchor the link elsewhere, if it would be more suitable for Equestria. Much to consider indeed."

They'd be presented with several more dishes and drinks, over the next half hour or so, but eventually, they'd have to be on their way. There were more to experience, and enjoy after all, and they couldn't simply sit here, until they had to be rolled away.

Bloom would insist on presenting each of the Dusk family members with a gift box however. One containing various beverages, from soft drinks, to harder alcohol, along with some local sweets. A sampler package if you would. She'd offer to send someone with them, who could carry their luggage for now, but Rising likely just stuffed them into his bag. Something which would make Bloom make big eyes, and comment that she'd like to order twenty of those, soon as they had a chance to trade proper between nations.

There were a few more sights to see, but seeing how they had already eaten, Necrotic didn't wish to impose much more on them. There were but one last place, that he wished for them to stop, and that were not so much for them, as it were a personal thing he wished to attend, and seeing how friendly the family had been thus far, he did not think it would hurt, to take a small detour, to address that.

So he would direct them towards an industrial area again, though this time, his focus - beyond passing the dancing civilians, enjoying a concert in the midst of town - were a larger one, which included a stone masonry, that seemed to be working alongside a woodworking business. The workers there did not notice them at first, as they were tuning out a lot of sound as were. Not so much that from their businesses, but more that of the concert. Don't get them wrong, they liked the folksy, fairy-tale music that were floating around the town well and all that, but they were trying to finish work here, so they could join the festivities too.

Eventually though, one did see them. A lean brown stallion, with scattered orange stripes, and a moss-green mane and tail, also adorned with random stripes in the coloration. He'd put down the hammer he had been using to chisel something into a block of cement, take off the protective glasses he had been wearing, and wandered towards them, still with a long nail, sharp side inwards, clenched between his teeth. Much the same way that some used straws, in the farming communities.

"Captain Gerthrude? If your whole pack is out, does that mean... Your majesty?"

Necrotic would step forth, and the worker would turn around instantly, letting out three rapid fire whistles in succession, getting the attention of a shorter, more stout stallion next door, that had been laying the finishing touches on a door. He were a few years older it seemed, and rocked a fairly notable goatee, but seemed rather average beyond that.

"Harumph. Your majesty."

He'd join the other one in a bow. The woodworker's voice more deep, than that of the stone worker.

"To what do we owe the..."

He'd look further, and saw Rising, making his face pale a little.

"Be at ease, Mr. Pebble. They are with me, enjoying the view of our capitol. Might we have a word?"

The woodworker seemed confused, but prepared to leave, before Necrotic would shake his head slightly, and use his magic to pull him back. At which point, the other stallion seemed nervous too, and gulped audibly.

"Let us skip past the point where you claim you don't know why I am here. I'd rather you did not insult my intelligence, by claiming innocence."

"...W-What use have you of us, your majesty?"

Necrotic would smile a little wider.

"Much better. I want you to rebuild the orphanage on Chain Street from the ground up. No skipping corners, or causing hazards. I want you to begin right away, and once you are done, you will both report to the third regiment, for further orders.

You two are still potentially useful. Enough to be offered a chance at atonement. Provided that I do not hear news of any underhandedness. Am I making myself clear?"

They'd both nod, with the prince taking a step further towards them. He'd then raise a hoof, and one after another, would pat the both on the left shoulder twice, causing them both to wince.

"Good. No need to waste talent, hm? Now off you go."

They would not have to be told twice, and would take off, barely locking the doors, before rushing off with a bunch of tools, blank paper, and writing tools.

"Much better. Now then, are all ready to return to the castle?"

Gerthrude looked at her prince, curious as to what she had just witnessed, but she were not going to answer. It were not her place to do so.

========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Kujamih

On 2023-06-04 at 11:11 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

He then responded to the kits "Natural energy, both biological and magical, as far as rest of my body is concerned, these are just regular, slightly more energy efficient limbs." "Even this..." he brought his tail forward to show the thing in its tip "...is considered just a part of me by my body, even though stingers are not a natural part of kobolds." this was actually the first time he had directly addressed that piece of technology to anyone, if you didn't count the silent gesture to tell the hospital staff why Sheska was missing piece of her tail.

Both of them looked closely at the stinger on the tail. So this were not regular for kobolds, but this technology made it feel like it were? Such a peculiar piece of tech that must be, to function in that way. Certainly some of the more innovative kinds of replacements for the body, that they had yet heard about. They wondered if this also meant that they could feel with them, rather than it just being parts, as it were as unique as it were. It would certainly be something special, if that were the case. Even more than it obviously already were.

"If you want, I can tell you about it when things calm down, sharing medical knowledge is always good, but information about long eradicated illness from different world affecting species most creatures don't know even exists isn't very time sensitive." Sheska remarked slightly humorously, it was of course important to study even long dead bacteria and viruses, and she was more than happy to talk about such things, but she felt it should be done in more peaceful situation.

They'd turn to Sheska afterwards, and nod at her response. Especially Zhing seemed intrigued by this. She wished to be a healer, and the more she knew about diseases, the wiser. Sure she might not run into something like they would talk about, at any point, but what if something evolved that looked something like it? Perhaps there would be something to learn, in how symptoms presented itself for instance, in regards to certain types of diseases. The more knowledge, the better hope at solving the issue early on after all. And the earlier it were handled, the less chance for complications to arise.

"Is there good in that world? maybe, good and evil are matters of perspective, but as far as we are concerned, if that rotten guard is truthful and our world is truly destroying itself, we say good riddance." "Sure the loss of our kind is a great shame, and we will grief for them if we ever learn of their fate, but being wiped out of existence is a small price for fall of the enemy." they were lot more serious than they had been up to this point with the last response, while generally they had been very calm and serious, sometimes hateful, the devotion behind their words was new, these two would truly be willing to end the world if it meant victory over what they saw as the evil.

They got up when things started to happen again, ready, but not anymore worried than they had been at any point, they took the threat seriously, but they still saw the whole situation as inconvenient at worst. 

"That's pretty dark. Tough we guess it makes sense, considering how you say it is.

It's really a shame that it's so bad for your kind there, that total annihilation, seems like the only way you'd be free. We can't imagine how that must feel."

To a certain extend, they could understand it partially. Sort of. Kitsune were relatively few, and had a history of some that were always out hunting for them, to sell them off as exotic pets, circus freaks, or worse yet, wanted their furs. But even if they had to hide, they were a free people, that did not get roped into anything. The Neighponeese ponies had sometimes been forced to come and beg for their aid, but they did not take orders from them, of all creatures. Their history were... Troubled, and there were concerns that the next leader of Neighpon, would try to stir things up again. And soon as one got into power like that, they'd retreat to their villages, close them off even more from outsiders, and wait to see what would happen, before sticking their heads out again.

Kitsune were fierce if they had to be, physically and magically. But they would be fighting a battle of several hundred ponies per kitsune. Maybe if they had one of the legendary nine-tailed ones, it would be different, but without, it were not good odds, and they wouldn't wander into a suicidal war like that, when it were wiser to duck down, and wait.

"We'll pray when we get home, for some of your friends and family, to have gotten through unscathed. They deserve a chance for a better life here, like we hope that you two will have."

They understood that the siblings did not much care for, or believe in higher powers. Not in the way that the twins did. Yet still, they would pray for good times for the kobolds, and that more of their community would join them. Barring their ancestor that were, who did not sound like she were gazed upon favorably. And for them, praying for outsiders, were actually a big thing. It showed a level of respect from the spiritual kitsune, towards the ones in mind. In this case, the unfortunate souls, from a world beyond.

On 2023-06-05 at 7:29 AM, White Light said:

" I was once like that.... Didn't care for the worlds i destroyed just to get the mission done... Luckily i got pulled out from that repeating cycle of chaos." He said while looking at Shark with a smile.

Speaking of SHark, she would just be coming out of the last pool as he spoke, a half second before Razor would breach the surface, and she would charge straight for Light. She'd tackle him, embracing him with her front hooves, and probably making him either slide back a fair bit from the impact, or they'd end up rolling on the floor, until they'd finally lose momentum, and she'd be laying with her back on the floor, looking up towards him if they had rolled, and otherwise a few inches from his face, after having embraced him as he stood firm against her accidental tackling. Joy and energy radiating from her eyes.

"I won! Shark fast!"

A chuckling would be heard behind, from the kelpie.

"Fair's fair, but next time, I won't go easy on you."

It were about all that were time for - except for when Shark went and giggled at the admission of losing, that Razor had sort of given - before something would happen.

The flower petal from before, would rush up from the floor, vibrating with magic. It would suddenly start to rapidly spiral outwards, leaving a trail of other petals in its wake, until a large circle were made. And at the point where the petal hit the floor the last time, the petals would all flash up, and in place, would be a gate. On the other side, one could see a flourishing village, with buildings of various sizes, amongst a lot of nature, such as trees, and flowers. The buildings were looking somewhat ornamental, with various things such as banners on some, swaying in the wind, and elegantly made wooden windows, signs with some odd symbols on it, and more things. Though not much would be possible to be seen, before someone would block the view, and wander through.

A kitsune, about the size of the mother of the twins from before. This one had closed eyes as they wandered through. The fur had once been all crimson red, but were now faded, with dark grey replacing much of the once vibrant coloration. The amount of fur that Kitsune had, made wrinkles basically impossible to be seen, so the age could only be guessed. The kimono this one wore though, were fairly impressive. Vibrantly colored in deep red, with gold and silver linings, showing motifs of dragons fighting, and if you looked upon the elegant tapestry for long enough, you would feel as if the pictures were moving, playing out ancient fights in front of you.

The kitsune would have a staff floating next to them. Gnarled, bone-white wood, with a cauldron hanging from three iron chains, locked into the sides of the top of said staff. The cauldron seemed to give off a clear, white smoke, but wouldn't do anything beyond that seemingly, as the elderly kitsune would wander through the gate fully, and as their tail passed through, the portal would close behind them.

They would take a deep breath, the twins looking on in anticipation, before the elderly one would let out the breath, and open their eyes, showing two emerald eyes, gazing around on the gathered ones. Though they would stop on the twins, whom were given a slight nod, which they would return with deep bows, side by side.

"Elder Rhugan. We are honored."

"Be at ease, dear children.

So this is Equestria? What a strange feeling place."

The voice from the elder, were that of a female. A very old one, judging from the voice, which seemed to almost creak itself. It were also as calm as the kitsune's steps, as she turned herself a little, and looked upon the three above water creatures here, that were not of her kin.

"I am Elder Rhugan Zhao. Who might you be?"

=======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"If I truly wanted to disappear, I'd simply return to homelands." Ruby pointed out, and that was all she said regarding it, the fact was, that if she for some reason decided she wanted to be alone for centuries, she'd simply fly back to the homelands, but that wasn't what she had meant with being alone, she meant with it what she had done just moments ago, a moment of peace to let her think.

"Oooh, a treasure hunt on new shores. How intriguing."

Leviathan were implying that the treasure she'd go to chase after, were Ruby herself. And quite frankly, she'd do it eventually, after prepping properly. Sure she didn't like that place, from what she had heard, but if ever there were a reason for her to go there, this would clearly be it. But she didn't expect it were going to happen. She were just messing around, to have a bit of fun on her friend's behalf. Nothing major, so naught to be worried about, hm? Just a bit of semi-jesting between friends.

"Teasing aside, it sounds like we have a plan then. I totally forgot about that whole Spicy debacle in all the excitement though. It's always good to see how laser-focused your mind can be on things, Ruby."

She'd swirl around, and stand ready to wander with her dear friends. Today were full of wondrous glorious things, and exciting turns of events. This were but the start! What more would come, as the day progressed? Or well, the evening. The sun wouldn't stay up for much longer, before there were a change in who ran the show, with the moon getting to settle high in the sky. It had been a long day, and time just ran away from them, heh.

"And that necklace... It's a peculiar thing, yeah? You managed to get it contained, but it still isn't enough then? Nasty business that thing... I wonder though, if the only thing that can solve it, is actually magic. Maybe you'd need something more pure than just an eye. Like a real elder dragon, to solve this dilemma? Not a lot I know of that'd work though. I mean, Ankalagon, sure, but I ain't even sure his own guild knows where he's at, half the time. There's Old Gretha, but I can't say I know where she's at these days, after she got banished. Probably out visiting one of her many descendants. Could be anywhere throughout four different countries that one.

There's Le Perrine... And then there's not suicidal thoughts. Probably wiser to even go for Crack-Tooth, if anyone knows were the sadistic old lizard is hiding these days. Maybe out trying to find the Hide Hunter, to prove something. Or he's somewhere, terrorizing a village. He's a tough one to like honestly.

Can't say I know every last elder though. I'm probably missing some. A few might even be far simpler to find. But like I said, I dunno if this is even the answer. This sorta thing isn't the kind of magic I normally deal with. If it's even magic, and not some sort of instinctual obsession.

We'll figure it out though, yeah? Ain't no problem we can't handle, if we work together. And yes, I know how sappy that sounds, but lemme have this."

Beyond being drained still, from the overuse of magic earlier, she were feeling fantastic right now. It was gonna take a lot to top this day, or to tank it completely. Though she were not going to tempt fate by asking the dreadful question, of what might happen, but in other words. Nothing good came, from even thinking that.

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih

While Trox obviously couldn't respond to a question that was never asked, if there was a feeling or not would be apparent if one knew what to look for, as in Trox's general movement, he did act like the cybernetics were just like any other limb, be it the ability to know how much force to use for things, or things like repositioning a leg for better footing, these both, among other things, were things that required some kind of sense of touch or pressure.

The siblings didn't respond on the comments on their declaration due to the interruption by the elder, but they did have thoughts on them that they would have shared if they would have had the time to comment, more specifically, a specification on meaning. As it seemed both sides had misunderstood what exactly they had said, after all, they didn't want their world to end, of course they would have preferred a solution where their kind survived and lived on, that was kinda the whole point of destroying the tyranny after all, rather, they just accepted it as an option, if the two options were the end of the world, and continuing like things were, they would happily choose the former, in fact, they would actively help the former happen if the two were truly the only options, better die standing than live on one's knees.  

They were also perfectly willing to end with the world, they hadn't asked to be rescued from their world, they hadn't asked for a second chance in life, but at the same time, no point to dwell in survivor's guilt, they would march forward for sake of kobold kind in all worlds, like their ancestors had done and like their descendants would do for generations to come. 

Their reaction to the promise of prayer was as one could expect, a respectful acknowledgment, they appreciated the symbolic value of it, but that was it, and not just because they didn't have faith in higher beings doing anything, but also due to the sheer impossibility of it, regardless of what meaning of family and friends you followed.
To them it would have meant everyone, even those they didn't know, and since nobody had ever managed to make a stable, controllable portal in their world, not to mention one such leading out of their world, a being from another world being able to make one to get them out of there was highly unlikely. Then there was the usual meaning, close family and friends, and for that, there was nobody to rescue, they had no siblings, their parents were gone, and their only remaining friend had been so broken mentally that she no doubt had withered away too during their imprisonment. Picking specific individuals was also morally wrong in their eyes, because where do you make the line? You rescue your friend, aright, what about their friends and family? what about those groups' friends and family? at what point is it aright to separate two individuals who care about each other?

the kobolds gave each other a 'of course' look when the kitsune appeared, they should have known it was another kitsune, after all, the mother of these two had also similar effect on her transportation magic. They were slightly amused at how....fancy, kitsune seemed to be, both in their magic and their style, but also mildly annoyed, be it annoyance they fought against due to knowing it to be misplaced, and could you really blame them after what they had just explained? All this...elegance, was something that only the rich warmongers in their world could afford, a symbol of the mistreatment of their kind, yet, as stated, they knew it was misplaced, these kitsune had nothing to do with it, or kitsune in general, in fact, they didn't know what happened to their world's version of their species, their fate could have been even worse than kobolds'. 

"Sheska and Trox." Sheska introduced in the usual manner "Kobolds, though you probably know that already" the mother had known, so the elder would certainly know "I'm also the target of that little ghost of yours." their way of speaking was respectful like always with these new friendly faces, but it was also clear that they didn't see the situation in equally serious way as the kitsune seemed to. "Nice to meet you." 

--------------------------------------------------

"I'm many things, but I keep my promises." Ruby simply stated regarding the compliment, yes, she was also laser-focused, maybe bit too focused on certain things, but with this, it was more just respecting a promise she made, though considering how hard she was to read, you could never really blame her for breaking promises since nobody but her had any idea what was really a promise and what was her acting.

"The containment filled its purpose of hiding the eye from other dragons, and as a side effect hiding my true nature from those who could sense it." She explained as she fixed the necklace's chain to its pony size "But it never did anything to how it interacts with me, something which has only gotten worse with time." "While I call it cursed, if it is a curse, it has misfired, because I find it unlikely, no, impossible, that whoever cursed it, would have given it the effect it has." "It is directly linked to my extra sense, something entirely unique to me, as far as I know, so until whoever cursed it had the ability to see the future, there's no reason for it to be made to interact with a unique aspect of a individual from species of dragon that was not known about, before said dragon even hatched." 

She talked as she walked.

"There is two more potential solutions to this, neither of which I'm too happy about, but which need to be considered." "A 'wild card', and the 'brute force' method." "The first one is partly taken from your mention of elders, that being, the Homelands." "I'm not suggesting to go look for elder dragons there, that would be pointless at best, rather, maybe heading east could yield solutions? Like I have mentioned, our eastern kin is highly magical, so they could know thing or two about these things. I know I have stated that they despise us and the area is protected by a barrier, but, this is only based on what I have learned through other sources, I have never been at that barrier, it could be that there's a chance, even if minuscule, that our more peaceful cousins are open for dialogue." 

"The brute force method..." she was uncharacteristically uncomfortable for a moment "...is the simplest, forcibly separating it from me." "It is linked to my ability to sense certain things, so logically, if it was to be taken out of the range of said senses, it shouldn't have an effect anymore." "It would be very unpleasant for me, but that is not really a problem by itself, I have high tolerance for such things, rather, the measures to keep whoever takes it safe is the problem." "To put it short, one would need to trap me, make sure there is no way for me to get free before everything is done, I probably don't need to tell you why this is not my favorite solution." it was an issue of trust ultimately, she would need to basically submit full control to someone else until the thing was not only far enough for her to not sense it, but far enough that there was no risk of her ever reaching the range of the necklace again, which meant she would need to be trapped with no means to break or manipulate herself free for many hours, probably a full day or even more, depending on the speed of whoever is transporting it and just how long the range really is. 

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-06-09 at 5:41 AM, Blitz Boom said:

She'd open a gate next to them, this one leading to her room, in the sibling's house.

"If you want to show us something, then lead the way. But do not try and attack one another in town. I will send you both back to my home, if you do. Ghilan said it were bad. And do not talk to Fheng, if he shows up. Focus on what is important."

“Small chance of that. It appears Sen and I have come to an understanding, and I doubt we’ll be at each other’s throats. Still, your caution is noted; we’ll be on our best behavior. Oh, and what I’m about to show you concerns Lin, so I suggest finding her as well. She should know, but after that, no one but us must be aware of what I will show you, at least for now. Shall we?”

Sen nodded and, judging by how everyone seemed to be looking at him, he got the hint that they didn’t trust that he’ll stay calm. However, they were right about needing to see find Lin and keep this matter quiet. The former didn’t know what was so important that they would need to keep things private among themselves. Skepticism aside, they’d be ready to head off and find Lin, and so Sen would be the first to step through to the other side, returning to their family home and taking steps to find Lin.

As for her, she’d simply watch as the refraction mingled with the children. It was a rather cute display seeing the little ones get to know him. Even the children were amused by Shrimp’s little dance, more so with his attempts at getting some words right. That part got them stumped for a bit, but the surprise that the refraction could talk was something they didn’t think was possible. Once that wore off, they tried figuring out what he was saying.

On 2023-06-09 at 5:41 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Ta... Taaah... Ooou... Fank ju?"

The n were hard, but Shrimp were trying his very best right now, to say it as close to right, as he kept hearing his caretakers say it, when they got things. It sounded kinda like it to him at least, but you could hear on his tone, that he wasn't sure. So his gaze would remain on the young longma, curiosity in his eyes, examining how they'd react, to see if he said it right.

“He can talk?! What did he say?”

“He is trying, but his words sound broken. It sounds like he is saying ‘Thank you.’” 

“That’s right. Back then, he was already able to say his name.”

“Really? If he could talk when he is that young, I wonder if he is born smart… He only ate one berry, but maybe you should give him some water as well. It might not be good he just ate something but did not drink.”

“I’ll keep that in mind. I should get him some water in a bit. Thank you for the suggestion.”

Sen and the others wouldn’t have to go far, only follow the sound of happy chirping and the young children talking with Lin. They were pretty much in a place open enough to hear them, and the village isn’t bustling with the sounds of various conversations. Many are rather wary of Omen and what influence she might bring, as well as the siblings for being exiles whom the elder occasionally spoke with. They’ll play nice for now and keep things from escalating into a situation where the hunters will need to step in, especially when one looks to bully them is still around.

Lin was scanning the area, still on her toes and keeping an eye out for Feng, but the sight of Sen and Omen relieved much of her anxiety. Then again, seeing a familiar face that, at least to Sen, brought more terrible memories and wiped much of that relief away. His being with her brother now didn’t appear like a good sign, but she remembered Omen’s words earlier: no fighting, not unless they’d want her to step in and send them away. She’ll have to take on a calmer disposition because there ought to be a good reason for this.

“Looks like I’ve got some business to attend to. Sorry, young ones, but maybe we can continue another time?”

“Aww, really? Okay. Bye-bye, Shrimp!” The young ones waved the little refraction goodbye before heading off, though they were definitely interested in seeing the little creature again, maybe see if he’d be up for playing some time. As for Lin, she kept her smiles up before turning more neutral to the group, especially with Xin among them. 

“Hey. Everything is fine, and we didn’t run into Feng, so there’s no need to worry. I take it things went well enough on your end, Omen?”

@EQ_Theta

1 hour ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Small chance of that. It appears Sen and I have come to an understanding, and I doubt we’ll be at each other’s throats. Still, your caution is noted; we’ll be on our best behavior. Oh, and what I’m about to show you concerns Lin, so I suggest finding her as well. She should know, but after that, no one but us must be aware of what I will show you, at least for now. Shall we?”

"I know where she is. She is not far from home."

There were no rush in her step, as she wandered through and closed the gate, the last to leave her shadowy home once more. Certainly she didn't need to leave as the last, yet it were practical enough, when they walked into calm areas. If there were possible dangers, it would be best if she walked in first, so she could close the gate quickly again, before they got out for instance. Hadn't been much use of that sort so far though.

Omen would point Sen towards where he'd find Lin, and then follow him. It were best she had a chance to keep an eye on him, rather than lead. Both in case he were attacked, and in case he tried to be an attacker. Either case, she needed to be able to quickly do something about it, and thus, her position here would work best. As for Xin? She He could walk where he wanted. It sounded as if him and Sen were working through some things now, and were not wanting to fight again.

Before they left though, she would quickly move her tongue over to that box she had her tings in, and take something out, that she'd then bring back into her mouth. She didn't swallow whatever it were though. And at the same time, she put down Shrimp's bell tower, on top of the box. It would be easier to not have that wandering around with her all the time.

“He can talk?! What did he say?”

“He is trying, but his words sound broken. It sounds like he is saying ‘Thank you.’” 

“That’s right. Back then, he was already able to say his name.”

“Really? If he could talk when he is that young, I wonder if he is born smart… He only ate one berry, but maybe you should give him some water as well. It might not be good he just ate something but did not drink.”

“I’ll keep that in mind. I should get him some water in a bit. Thank you for the suggestion.”

"Shriiiiiimp!"

Shrimp were mighty pleased with himself, as it seemed like they understood what he had tried to say. So that were one more thing learned now. If his kind were born with some initial rudimentary knowledge, simply mimicked well, or were just fast learners, were hard to say. But the more he saw that he were on the right track, the more he'd try. So whatever the cause behind it, the end result would still be that he'd learn, and get smarter. As well as happier, as he'd then be able to understand more of the world, and get to experience more than just the simple joys, of dangling a bell, or chasing a ball.

They'd likely need to return and talk to Quartz's friend, or find an actual adult refraction for more concrete answers, but seeing how they were going in more or less blind on this, it seemed they were doing rather well with him so far at least.

As for Shrimp right now, he had reacted to them talking about him being able to say his name, and were now wriggling a little happy worm-dance again, as the others were talking. The day had gotten good again, after the bad start before. These smaller longma, were much nicer than the adult one he had seen, and better than the older ones, they had gone to seen, with all the shiny things.

Lin was scanning the area, still on her toes and keeping an eye out for Feng, but the sight of Sen and Omen relieved much of her anxiety. Then again, seeing a familiar face that, at least to Sen, brought more terrible memories and wiped much of that relief away. His being with her brother now didn’t appear like a good sign, but she remembered Omen’s words earlier: no fighting, not unless they’d want her to step in and send them away. She’ll have to take on a calmer disposition because there ought to be a good reason for this.

“Looks like I’ve got some business to attend to. Sorry, young ones, but maybe we can continue another time?”

“Aww, really? Okay. Bye-bye, Shrimp!” The young ones waved the little refraction goodbye before heading off, though they were definitely interested in seeing the little creature again, maybe see if he’d be up for playing some time. As for Lin, she kept her smiles up before turning more neutral to the group, especially with Xin among them. 

“Hey. Everything is fine, and we didn’t run into Feng, so there’s no need to worry. I take it things went well enough on your end, Omen?”

Omen wandered towards Lin, as the latter spotted her. Along with Shrimp, who'd rush up to the top of Lin's head, and scream as loud as he could - which were still about the noise of a decent whisper - "Ohme!"

"Hello, Lin. Shrimp."

Omen didn't much pay attention to what those around her did, as the unknown longma were looking her over. Long as they did not attack, what issue were there then, yes? She'd notice an arrow or spear going towards them however. An instinctual reaction would come from that, but beyond that, if they wanted to look her over, and see how things went, she'd let them do that. That were up to them.

Shed open her mouth as she got closer, and if the young longma looked, they'd see that her tongue were wrapped around a small sapphire. One of the gifts they had received some days ago, when first hunting for Filigree. A sight that made Shrimp chirp with excitement, and reach out, as Omen's tongue stretched impossibly long, and deposited it in his waiting claws.

Once he got it, he'd wrap himself around it slightly, clamp his teeth down, and would suck the color right out of it, leaving behind a pale diamond. At least it looked like one, now that it had been emptied of its color, though it were anyone's guess how this thing even worked. A small crackling would follow on Shrimp after, going around on his scaled, before he'd let out a tiny burp. It were not real fod for him, but it were nourishment of some other kind still, that were nice and filling.

"Yes. I think things went well. They are talking now, but Xin says he has something that Sen and you needs to see. He did not tell what, but you should follow. I think it is important that you learn.

I will keep you safe, while you find out things."

Omen had no idea what to expect, but she did wonder how Lin would react to things. She had seen how Sen did, but hopefully it would not go the same way again. If it happened here, others might see, and think they were dangerous.

=====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Kujamih

The elder would nod at them each, as introductions were made.

"It have been some years, since last I met a kobold. But you two are not like them, are you?"

Her staff would tap into the ground slightly, and a ring of mint-green would ripple across the floor, passing over those in the room, completely harmless. They wouldn't even be able to feel it, unless they were really sensitive to that. In that case, perhaps some undertones of the magic that had crept over their hooves and feet, would be somewhat noticed.

"Yes, not of our world, I see. And to think they said that I had seen all the world had to offer."

Rhugan would chuckle slightly, as something started to move towards her. In this case, that being Shark, who after being baffled at the looks of the entrance, would bounce forward and try to get up close to the kitsune, to snuggle the fluffy one. But when she got around within melee range, as it were, Rhugan would lift a paw, and meet Shark's nose, with one of her toe beans. As she did, Shark would suddenly stand completely still, momentum gone, and then suddenly bounce back a half meter. She'd wrinkle her nose, looking confused between the kitsune, and her nose, trying to find out what had just happened there.

"Shark confused. What happen?"

"Oh, I just stopped your momentum. I can't handle such enthusiasm as well as I once could, young lady.

Now then. Sheska was it? It seems you've indeed been in contact with our wayward brethren. Can't say this were something any of us in the council thought would happen, when we sent our young here, but life is full of surprises, is it not?"

"Elder Rhugan? What are we going to do about the oni?"

"Find it for a start. Might I trouble you to accompany us, Sheska? I believe you could be most helpful. Your brother too, if he so pleases. The oni would not know what to expect from someone like you. Nor of the chaos girl, or the other outsider."

She'd look towards Light, a small smirk on her face.

"I can tell. Had to scan you, to make sure you weren't infested after all.

Leave the kelpie though. A coward's heart, is easily devoured."

She didn't have to say that, as Razor had already jumped into the poll, and stayed there. He didn't know what were happening right now, but no way were he getting mixed up in it. They could deal with this freaky stuff on their own.

Elder Rhugan, would start to move towards the exit, in a calm pace. The staff floated next to her, steered by unseen magic, as she made her way towards the door, wanting to get to the outside, and begin the chase. Though she might have to rely on the others to do the chasing, if it were required. She were not a spry young fox anymore, and rushing after others would be quite taxing. She'd prefer to save her strength for actually dealing with the miscreant, when they caught it.

The twin kits would follow the elder, soon as she'd be on her way, flanking her on either side, yet still walking behind her. They did not have the right to presume a leader position from her, lest she asked it of them. Even if they could be faster, there were rules for these sorts of things, and they wouldn't show such brazen dishonor, as to forget customs around one of their esteemed elders.

=======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Honestly, I think your first idea sounds wiser. The elder dragons I talk about... Gretha would probably not restrain you. She dwarfs you, but she's too kind hearted to want a fight. And the old grump would just see it as being easier to crack your neck, for restraints.

Le Perinne could take care of you. I could use her hand as a bed, and she's insanely magical. The stuff I do? Whelps play, if even half the rumors are true. That said, you'd owe her, and you do not want to be in debt to her. She's not kind, unless you got something she wants, and if you're in her grasp, she'll wring you for everything you're worth. I'd really recommend that more as a last resort thing.

Sides, I think it'd be good if we did go to the eastern side of your country, where magic lives. You two both got magic, and while I can help some, you'd probably both be best off, if you went there. They'd know better than any, how your magic works. And who knows? Might be some family there, in the good way. I mean, your magic had to come from somewhere, right?

Now them being behind a barrier... Depending on what the magic is, it might be that they have it warded in a way, that you need to activate your own magic, to cause a temporary hole on it, or shield yourself from whatever magic is keeping the place locked up. Kinda like if I put up a tornado around me. You know your wind magic, you can counter the blows, and keep a small, protective circle around you, to pass through. If it's anything like that where your more peaceful sort are, we might have a chance. At least it seems like if I charge your lil' bro, he can harness it, and use it like his own magic. We might be able to sort this.

Or I might just be able to ram a ball lightning right through it. It's hard to know until we see it. Though if we did go that way, would we have to go through your normal area to get there, or can you go around? Cause if we need to get through the hard area, I can definitely see why you aren't fond of the idea."

Seemed like they had some ideas, on what they could do. But they had to settle on a path of action first. And whatever one they took, it sounded like there'd be some annoyances to deal with, at the very least. Straight up dangers in other cases. A right big hassle, but they had to do something, if the eye's influence were getting stronger. Who knew what would happen, if it were ignored long enough? She could end up some recluse, sitting in a cave, just clutching this necklace. That wasn't right. She should at least have a giant pile of gold too, and even then, it sounded dreadfully lonely. More draconic, but definitely lonely.

She'd wander over to Charir, and scratch him on the head again. Honestly, it kinda calmed her to do so. Made her feel all warm and soothing inside. She'd probably not fireball someone in the face, long as she did this... probably. There were no guarantees though, of course. Her mood swings could come and go at various times, but she wouldn't hurt him, nor Ruby. They were near and dear to her, and she frankly wouldn't be able to forgive herself, if she did so.

*sigh* but depressing thoughts aside, they should probably be on their way. If Ruby wasn't leading it, she didn't mind, and would fly up, preparing to go the easiest, most direct route. They could have Ruby shrink down before they hit town proper, no issue. Unless something were the matter with this, of course. Might be she wanted a nice walk in the forest, with her. That sounded rather nice honestly... Maybe some other day?

""

@Catpone Cerberus @Blitz Boom

As Shark was propelled back, Light would be there to catch his beloved.

" You okay sweetie?" He asked shark.

" We have to behave ourselves around this one okay shark?" 

He would then look at the adult kitsune with worry.

The kitsune would see that this pony is somewhat analyzing her. As if she was an enemy.

As he was scanned by the kitsune, the pony was quite insulted and rebuked.

" RUDE much? Scanning someone before knowing ones name... Where has the kitsune's manners gone?... Anyway, the name's White Light." He adds while still cautious to the adult Kitsune.

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-06-12 at 4:03 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Yes. I think things went well. They are talking now, but Xin says he has something that Sen and you needs to see. He did not tell what, but you should follow. I think it is important that you learn.

I will keep you safe, while you find out things."

Omen had no idea what to expect, but she did wonder how Lin would react to things. She had seen how Sen did, but hopefully it would not go the same way again. If it happened here, others might see, and think they were dangerous.

“Must be important then that brother and his old friend are on speaking terms. I guess that means you set out to do what you need to do, so I’ll follow you. Before we go, do you have some water? The children got curious about Shrimp and suggested we give him some to drink. He must be getting thirsty.”

“Right. It’s important that we go to… wherever we need to be going, but we can spare a moment for our little friend. Here, Shrimp, something to sate your thirst.” Sen rummaged through his saddle bag and pulled out his canteen. Fortunately, it was nearly full, and he’d pour some into his claw and brought it close to the refraction, holding it in like a little bowl. It would suffice, at least to the longma, but if Shrimp were to ask for more, there’d still be plenty. 

Xin wasn’t in a rush, letting the siblings and Omen catch up for a little bit, though he’d prefer to get this matter done before nightfall, as they’d be away from the village for some time. Then again, he could just ask Omen or Lin to open a gate directly back within the village. Perhaps there wasn’t anything to worry about.

Once Shrimp was done, they’d be ready to head out. Xin would lead everyone outside past the large wooden barriers that marked the village’s outer perimeter. The path was well-traveled and easily distinguishable, as there was no foliage or grass to mark it as such. Further ahead were the trail markers made with wooden stakes that the hunters made to identify where their outposts were. However, Xin understood that Solasan would likely keep his secrets off the beaten path, and he’d lead the siblings and Omen for about ten minutes through trees marked with faint crosses. Those would take them to what appeared to be some stone walls and a sloping path. White streaks made by dashing stones across each other pointed to their destination. All this would take about thirty minutes of walking, but the trip back would be much faster with gates.

“Here we are, the entrance to Solasan’s hideaway. Well… another one of his hideaways. I remember telling you about the previous one, but this place is where he kept his more valuable finds.” The longma led the others down the sloping path and winding hallways that narrowed until only one could fit through at a time. Then, the way forward would widen and open up to a larger room with some tables, torches affixed to the walls, and some artifacts. Most were made of clay or stone, but a few had hints of dull metallic sheens or coatings.

“What is all this? It’s like the previous elder’s been collecting anything he could find.”

“That’s right. It’s how he found the orb Solasan had on him, the one that you took away from here. From what I can gather, he’s been trying to map out the forest and look for evidence. My guess is this ruin was what got him wondering if the forest was home to other creatures before us. Take a look at this wall. It’s got these strange markings on them, but I can’t figure it out. You three have traveled a lot more than me; maybe you can make sense of it.”

The wall had glyphs or scattered pictograms of what looked like scattered communes, but each had trails or lines that seemed to converge into a central point, one that appeared much larger. Each commune had its own distinct style of environmental marking like a tree, swamp, or mountain. One even had what appeared to be a circular barrier surrounding it. The centerpiece’s defining feature was what looked like a large, triangular structure with a vertical shaft running down. Interestingly enough, the bottom of this line was littered with stick drawings. Some looked like they were quadrupeds, but most were incomplete or eroded, unclear as to what they were portraying. Sen and Lin looked at this for a few minutes, but one could only imagine what the whole wall was meant to tell them. 

“This whole thing could mean anything. If we’re looking at this as a representation of Equestria, that center image could be Canterlot; the triangle structure could be symbolizing the castle’s tower. Maybe it’s saying something is hidden underneath the castle?”

”That wouldn’t make sense. The former elder didn’t seem like the type to try and find power or an advantage outside of the forest if Legion’s takeover was only concentrated here. He’s been mapping this forest, right? What if these drawings are showing the forest? Omen, does any of this make sense?”

(edited)

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-06-14 at 5:41 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Must be important then that brother and his old friend are on speaking terms. I guess that means you set out to do what you need to do, so I’ll follow you. Before we go, do you have some water? The children got curious about Shrimp and suggested we give him some to drink. He must be getting thirsty.”

“Right. It’s important that we go to… wherever we need to be going, but we can spare a moment for our little friend. Here, Shrimp, something to sate your thirst.” Sen rummaged through his saddle bag and pulled out his canteen. Fortunately, it was nearly full, and he’d pour some into his claw and brought it close to the refraction, holding it in like a little bowl. It would suffice, at least to the longma, but if Shrimp were to ask for more, there’d still be plenty. 

Shrimp certainly didn't mind the offering of water. He might have taken the worst of his thirst before, but that didn't mean that he still wasn't a little thirsty.

Shrimp would slither over and happily drink up. What were offered the first time were enough though. He didn't need Sen to refill, as were apparent when he lifted his head, and let out a small, wet burp. There were still a bit of water left though, and so, Shrimp would lower down, and wriggle around Sen's hand to spread some water over his scales, to get some outside moisture too.

Once he were done, he'd get up with a big, happy chirp, and go over to rub his head on Sen's arm, fore slithering up and riding his head now. Shrimp didn't play favorites, but his interest on who to sit on did vary. Long as he got the chance to be up high, he were honestly fine. Was safer up here, unless more cats would fall from the sky.

“What is all this? It’s like the previous elder’s been collecting anything he could find.”

“That’s right. It’s how he found the orb Solasan had on him, the one that you took away from here. From what I can gather, he’s been trying to map out the forest and look for evidence. My guess is this ruin was what got him wondering if the forest was home to other creatures before us. Take a look at this wall. It’s got these strange markings on them, but I can’t figure it out. You three have traveled a lot more than me; maybe you can make sense of it.”

It had been a nice, peaceful walk for them, to get here, in Omen's opinion. Some animal life could be heard yes, but no one, and no thing, had come and tried to attack them, beat them off the patch, lured them away, etc. Xin and Sen had also seemed to remain calm, which were a good sign, far as she figured. Any situation where there weren't pointless fighting, seemed good to her at least.

It could be they were being led into a trap, but she did not think much on that option. When you had two creatures with easy escape options, such things were less of an issue. And Lin were a far more aggressive sort with things than her, so if something needed to be cut down, she could handle it, while there were escape gates around to be used.

That said, l it didn't seem like there were anything happening, and as they finally arrived at their destination, there were just a lot of things there. No obvious traps. No pits, groups of beings, weapons, or in her case, a ball of yarn. She were still not sure why that seemed to handle her so well, but she would just assume it were one more of those design flaws, that her master had spoken off once. She had seen one inaction already, with the plant growing from her ear, and she remembered him saying to not touch breezies, but there were probably more. Her master had been very chaotic, when she had been brought in by him the first time, and sometimes seemed to lose track of things he did. Or it were spontaneous, and caused him great amusement (most of the times) when confronted by it.

Anyway, as for what were here, Omen would take some steps forth, when she were asked if she could look at things. Still no pit traps there, even as she moved very close, and looked it over. Minutes ticking by, as she took in the shapes, and the glyphs. Her head tilting from side to side in a slow, even motion, as she tried to grasp sense of what she were looking at.

“This whole thing could mean anything. If we’re looking at this as a representation of Equestria, that center image could be Canterlot; the triangle structure could be symbolizing the castle’s tower. Maybe it’s saying something is hidden underneath the castle?”

”That wouldn’t make sense. The former elder didn’t seem like the type to try and find power or an advantage outside of the forest if Legion’s takeover was only concentrated here. He’s been mapping this forest, right? What if these drawings are showing the forest? Omen, does any of this make sense?”

"Some things look familiar. I think I have seen these before."

She would poke at the glyphs. Something about them were familiar, but she couldn't place where she had seen it right now.

"I do not know where I have seen it. I can not read them, so if I saw them, maybe I did not think much about it. It happens with books. Maybe that is where I saw these?

If it is this forest, maybe it means that there were a place, where many things gathered, long ago? Somewhere tall. Perhaps we need a map? Or if we could find one of those places that are marked, we could track from there? This is thinking work. I am not good at that.

We are not in the town anymore. Should I ask Rosa, and see if he can help? He is smarter, and he moved about an hour ago. I sense... He is near his home right now."

Omen tried, her brain going so much that an actual, audible - albeit low - creaking sound, would slither out from her left ear, but she wasn't having much luck with this. She did not read maps that great. She mapped internally, based on the scents she had, and then found things around that. Maybe she had been here sometime in the past, but she were not sure. Probably not though. She would probably have remembered a large tower, in the middle of this forest, if it looked even remotely like it once did. But then, she couldn't be sure. Her memory were not perfect.

============================================================================

@Kujamih@Catpone Cerberus

Shark wasn't thrown away, as much as just pushed back, while she still stood on her hooves, but she appreciated that he were catching her all the same. It felt rather nice, feeling that he had her back. Such a good mate she had found herself.

She'd show her affection in her usual manner, of rubbing the side of her face, against his cheek, with a happy smile on her face. A sight which made the kitsune elder smile a little wider it seemed, though she kept on moving. Even as she were addressed, which meant that Light would be speaking to her back, until she slowly turned around. Though the twins were clearly about to say something first. Hachi especially, had his tail raised some, and a stance that told that he were about to say something. Probably about having to show the elder some respect, due to being there to help them, and carrying such an esteemed position in the town, as she did.

But the elderly kitsune would tap her staff into the ground, making both twins hold their tongue, and take a step each to the side, leaving the elders view unobstructed.

"At ease, children. He have a right to ask, even if this is as little my home, as it is his.

As for my manners, there were a matter of priority, to take care of. If you were overtaken, giving you time to react, would have been unwise. Oni's are rather troublesome things, to allow an upper paw with. Especially at my age.

That is also why I pushed your friend here backwards. I mean her no harm, but it would be a bit too much for me, if I were tackled."

"Is fine. Shark okay. Will be nice to big fluffy one."

She'd raise a hoof, and wave enthusiastically instead, with a big, toothy grin on her face. This would be nice and friendly too, yes?

"Such a peculiar, yet delightful creature you are. Perhaps some other time, you can tell me of your creator? I'm getting somewhat curious."

"Special one in forest? Shark can do that!"

It sounded like things were nice and calm now, so unless there were anything else, Elder Rhugan would like to keep moving again.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom & @Props Valroa

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight moved her head back a bit once Magnolia got too close but then she smiled. "My hooves and legs don't seem to want to cooperate at the moment. It's probably a side effect of the magic Madame Macabre used. Having said that, yes, the help would be very much appreciated, Magnolia," Twilight told her with a slight nod and even smiled at her. She didn't feel all that different from before the spell but at least Cherish and her were separated now. It would take a while for the feeling to come back to her legs though. She did go through a bit of trauma with the soul separation.

@Blitz Boom

DAZZLE GLEAM & DAWN STREAK

Dawn regarded the new portal in the room nervously, having never encountered them before. She decided to move over to Long Stare and simply stood near her, taking it all in.

"My home ..." Dazzle said softly, looking through both portals. She couldn't believe her eyes and she took i na shuddering breath. At least there wasn't anything dangerous on the other side but still, to suddenly see a passageway through complete darkness towards her childhood home? "That ... that can't be real. You're just trying to conjure up an image for me to be calm about, Scarcity. I know I saw what just happened but still it's ... it's unbelievable."

@Blitz Boom

"Meeting another hive? Didn't we just do that?" Aurora asked in confusion, waving a hoof in the vague direction of the chaotic forest they had come from. "But, no. There's nothing here holding me back. I was simply visiting and on a holiday from home before I got intercepted by changelings and gemlings and the like," Aurora sighed. She hasn't had the best time of it recently. For the moment, she's still going along with things and smiled. "I guess we're goign to Las Pegasus and I have no idea what gambling is."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"Lets hope Enzo doesn't get scared by fireworks," Karmic commented while Atzy took off the bomb disposal equipment.

"Eh heh, uh, not a helmet, got it," Atzy said in an embarrassing tone. She shook her head to get her mane back into place and looked at the siblings, trying to ignore the bouncing pony around them. "That sounds like great fun! Fireworks! Boom! Psshh! oooo! aaa!" she gestured with her hooves and giggled with a couple of nods.

"Which way to the edge of the town?" Karmic chuckled, looking between Blitz and Molotov. She was glad Atzy is now having a fun time without dwelling on being a gemling princess. She liked seeing her sister be happy. For herself, she was kinda concerned no images of the future have come to her recently. Maybe the shock of an entire new species being in Enzo's old home drove them off but that didn't sound right to her.

@Blitz Boom

Magnolia would smirk slightly as she walked forward and gently lifted her sister up onto her back. Twilight could feel Magnolia's soft warmth underneath her as Magnolia gently guided Twilight's body up onto her back with her magic - making sure she wouldn't fall. Magnolia's fur and body was very soft and warm. Like a pillow. The best pillow. Magnolia also enjoyed feeling Twilight's warmth against her. It was a sibling bond she had never felt before - but it made her close her eyes fondly and think of warm memories she never had. With that, she began to quietly carry Twilight along to where she wanted to go. 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-06-16 at 12:26 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I do not know where I have seen it. I can not read them, so if I saw them, maybe I did not think much about it. It happens with books. Maybe that is where I saw these?

If it is this forest, maybe it means that there were a place, where many things gathered, long ago? Somewhere tall. Perhaps we need a map? Or if we could find one of those places that are marked, we could track from there? This is thinking work. I am not good at that.

We are not in the town anymore. Should I ask Rosa, and see if he can help? He is smarter, and he moved about an hour ago. I sense... He is near his home right now."

“Every bit of information we gather will be of help, even if it will only give us a place to start looking. Narrowing down our options is the best outcome we could have for now, and given that we would need to keep this to ourselves, we could only rely on that. Not to mention that the longma don’t have a map because we never tried making one, so this is all we get.”

“As much as we could benefit from having Rosa take a look at this, perhaps we should hold off for now. After all, we’ll be heading off to meet with the other elders in two days’ time. Having this on our minds may complicate matters, maybe even distract us when we should be focusing. I suppose we could get a message to him, let him know about how things are going.”

“I disagree, but there may be a way we can still get this to him without needing him to come here. If we leave in two days, and we still have to account for travel time until we meet with the elders, we won’t know how long Rosa will be away from his own work. So, why don’t we just make a copy? Look, these glyphs or images are clearly showing places, maybe landmarks. Assuming this triangular object is Canterlot, we only need to know if the surrounding areas marked on this wall match their placements in Equestria. If not, then we will be certain of that, allowing us to narrow down our options.”

Sen vouched for only bringing Rosa in when absolutely needed, and the complicated situation they found themselves in could get even worse if they weren’t properly prepared. Fortunately, Lin’s suggestion was sound and sensible. They can get draw up a copy of the glyphs and see if they represent Equestria based on the depicted locations. Because the longma never mapped out their forest and only went by memory, area descriptions were the norm. They went by with these relatively well, given that they still go about with these and names, along with trail markers. 

Good thing Sen’s saddle bag was carrying some supplies that he never thought he’d use in a long time. Large scraps of paper and a marking pen were present, albeit rather old, taken from a time when he learned to write on his own. He eventually gave up on the process, never making it past a few words, but drawings could still be doable. The opposite was true for Lin, who was taught briefly by a young busker who offered her shelter for a time. She went ahead and grabbed the paper and pen, then attempted to accurately replicate the glyphs, which wouldn’t take more than about ten minutes to get the details down.

If one were to try and align the landmarks to locations in Equestria, it wouldn’t end up with matching locations. The only thing that appears accurate would be Canterlot, but that was because the triangular object would line up with the mountain where the castle and the town were located. Based on the assumption of the central triangle’s location being in the forest, the southeast was a swamp, while due west was a settlement surrounded by a ring of trees. The village where the siblings were from was situated a good distance southwest with a smaller mountain bordering it. A few other villages were scattered here and there, though there wouldn’t be any major landmarks distinguishing them. Anything else due south was unknown, as the glyphs only showed several lines going downward, along with the little scratch marks depicting quadrupedal creatures.

“And there we go! If need be, Omen, I can go with you to help explain things to Rosa. It’ll do us good to let him know what is happening on our end. I’m ready to go whenever you are.” 

“In that case, Xin and I will stay here and continue trying to figure this thing out.”

(I included a map of Equestria I used as a reference) 

Map_of_Equestria_2015.jpg

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom@Kujamih

Neither of the kobolds felt the 'scan' per say, but Trox could tell that something did happen due to the systems in his cybernetics, as there was an insignificant change in magic equivalent to something like a natural variation in electric flow. They also had no real opinion on being magically scanned so they didn't comment on that in any way; it was because they were used to being scanned, be it usually a technological scan rather than magical one. 

Regarding the elder's observation, they simply nodded, though if it had been a different situation, they would have pointed out jokingly that technically 'they' weren't wrong, as the two kobolds were not something this world had offered. 

They also didn't have anything to add on the Shark situation, as Rhugan hadn't attacked Shark, and even if she would have, it would have been Shark's own fault. Besides they didn't have any reason to be protective of the creature, they had expressed it before, but this whole ally ship thing was just that, they had no emotional connection to these creatures, and ultimately, as harsh as it may be, Shark was probably the least useful for them when it came to their goal, they would choose the kitsune over Shark and Light if it would have come to it. 

"Getting rid of the thing was the sole reason to contact you in the first place, so of course." Sheska stated "And if you think there's even a chance I don't come with, you clearly didn't get to know the kobolds you met well enough." The didn't care for the kelpie, so they had no thoughts on that, and they weren't surprised by his cowardice, after all, those who openly take joy from dominating those weaker than them, be it through violence or mind games, tend to be the most insecure and cowardly of them all, because truly strong individuals don't need to tell others they are strong. That was something they had to give for those like Sheez or Scorch, as evil as they both were, they didn't need to prove anything to anyone, their mere presence was enough to strike fear to the hearts of their enemies. 

The twins took their place following the elder by walking to the side from the kitsune, though they did stay in such angle that they could see her without needing to look away from where they were going too much, not for any reason of respect, but rather just because she was the one to lead the way, they weren't in a hurry, since the situation was still at most inconvenient to them. 

---------------------------
"We do need to go through our side, as I do not know the waters around the east well enough to say if there's a way." Ruby confirmed "But that isn't the reason why I don't like it, we can just stick to the southern edge where younger dragons live, they won't be a problem, they are too small to be a problem." "It's more that...well firstly, something that Charir too will most likely agree with, we left for a reason, going back home isn't exactly on the top of our list, even my mentions of revenge on our mother, is more self assurance than anything." "And the other, is the amount of risk, I know they are known as more peaceful than us, but what is peaceful from the point of view of a violent killer? And if they truly despise us like the stories tell, who is to say they wouldn't try to destroy me the moment I step close? Magic is the one thing we are weaker to, they have the ability." 

"The barrier itself is a mystery, I know it exists, but that's about it, only knowledge I have on it, is what is said among our kind and the journals I found in that cave. I know prey and other such creatures can go through it, but none of our kind is known to ever managed it, and considering that the dragons on the other side don't seem to feel the need to guard the thing, it is safe to assume that nothing our kind can generally do can damage it." 

Leviathan didn't need to worry about taking the lead, as Ruby had been not only walking this whole time, but had also already transformed (two posts back) so a walk in the forest it was. though how nice it was, was subjective, because Ruby really didn't enjoy her pony form, she could swear it felt worse every time she used it.

She let out a sigh "I feel like this is some kind of sick test, because no matter the option, I'll be in the mercy of others, be it more literal in other options than others." there was no option where she could solve the problem herself, be it a magical means or the 'brute force' method, she had to give some control to someone else, enough control that said someone could cause real damage to her, and while she obviously didn't show it, deep down, in the dark depths of her emotions, a spark of fear smoldered. "But ultimately I believe the homelands is the best starting point, as it is the quickest, and least painful failure, since if it fails, it will most likely fail at the barrier." and in the worst case scenario she would just die, which while obviously bad, was preferable to living under someone else's control.

Charir just followed the two females, looking curiously at their conversation, because while he still didn't understand it, he could read Ruby's emotions, and they were very out of character for someone like her, but other than that, he didn't do much. His reaction to the scratches was again positive.

(edited)

@Sekel @Props Valroa

A small to large smile, would show on those around, witnessing the sisterly show in front of them. Even Last, had a small uptick of the left side of her mouth, seeing that. Two didn't smile though. one being Drone, but that were due to it being biologically impossible for her to do so. She'd just stand and observe.

The other one being Soul, who were as serious looking as always, as he approached the sisters. Specifically, he'd address Twilight, with the open box of licorice in front of him, that Macabre had asked him to bring.

"Princess Twilight? I encourage you to eat something, like you were asked."

FB_IMG_7328878184069732277.thumb.jpg.b5072dc94711061510eb961a34da45b7.jpg

He had never interacted with Twilight, before stepping inside the room less than three minutes ago, and of the members of this town, he were one of the more... Outlandish looking ones. Sure a fair few had lamps, scythes, mourning cl0othes, etc. But that were still minor, in comparison to what were presented here in front of her now. He were far more akin to his grandmother, who did not care much for subtlety, though even she hadn't the bone markings on her body, nor any skeletal limb. The latter being rare, for those not being actually dead.

"I'm Soul Prison, but if you heard about me, it would be as Shade Stealer, leader of General Midnight Screecher's covert operations team."

Technically he were also one of its only members. While a few worked to deal with things under his general command, his troupe of shadowy assailants, were actual shadows, taken from criminals, as part of their punishment. The actual creatures would be alive and well, but in essentially a coma, in a secure location, though that were known only to General Screecher.

What she might have heard though, if she mingled enough around with guards, would likely not be positive. The most positive said about him and his group, were usually that they got the job done, and were efficient. But the negative sentiments were many, with them being seen as little more than murderers, kidnappers, torturers, spies, etc. And Soul - AKA Shade - himself, were the most unliked of all, which were also why he didn't mingle with anyone, and didn't interact with others in the guard normally, outside of professional need to show himself. Usually due to an order.

They'd get moving soon enough, but first, Twilight should at least eat something. It wasn't poisonous.

=================================================================================

@Sekel

"If it were not real, would I then simply be able to stand there now?"

She would calmly walk through fromt he dark realm, now standing in front of the house. She'd look back at them through the gate, with a smirk on her face, as she calmly knocked on the door. No response of course, but she were still making her point, she'd say. Not something that all might agree upon of course, but such were things sometimes, hm?

"As you can see, I am indeed here. Marvelous thing to have, wouldn't you think so? Just imagine the travel expenses I can save upon. Don't worry that I take advantage of my dear Hammond though. I am making sure that he is taken well care of, and is given plenty of things that he will have need for.

Come on now dearie. Take but a few steps, and be home again. Join me in opening here, and see what lies beyond the treshold of the front step, that we might find some clues, as to where your dear parents might have traversed to."

The gates would remain open, nothing closing, full access. It were but a few meters, that were all. Hardly a distance at all now, were it?

=================================================================================

@Sekel

"Trust me. If you ain't sure how gambling works, it's best you stay out of it. You'll be left without a bit to your name otherwise. Besides, we'll have more important things to do there, so probably best that you ain't indulging this sorta thing anyway.

As for the hive, there's a difference. Thorax were on behalf of my queen, and more of a diplomatic mission. This time, we're going all three, and it's to teach you about some more general changeling survival stuff, if you're in a hive. The sorta things you'll need, to be one of the peaceful sorts. It'll be a hoot."

"We will see. I can imagine my presence will put a dampener on things."

"Nah, how bad can it go?"

"The last time I met Cheshire, I told her that I would drag her to her hive, and crack her into pieces in front of her own hive, if she ever dared speaking to me again."

"...Well, this is gonna be interesting then, ain't it? I'll go handle our train tickets. You two just meet me at the station when you're ready."

"Do you have enough currency on you for that?"

"Yeah. Business have been going fine, and going to Las Pegasus? I'll sell the stock easily there. My drinks are better and cheaper than what the tourists trap takes for the same amount, from what I heard. It's easy cash."

He'd bow before his queen, and be on his way, wagon and all, towards the train station. It would be a little after he had left, before Cheshire would remark something, certain that he could not hear her, as she spoke to Aurora.

"Find yourself a drone as loyal as he, and you will find that things will seem easier than they appear."

There were a certain softness in her voice, not normally there, as she said that. Not by a lot though. She didn't like to show softness.

@Sekel

"We'll need to get through on south of the docks. It's the closest. I know a good clearing there, that should work. Might be some tourists there, but y'know, they'll probably enjoy having a view like that too.

I know an even better place, but that's in the forest, and I ain't risking us accidentally setting the whole thing on fire. That said, I'm bringing this."

He'd float over a tank, that seemed to have a fire marker, with an X on. Basically a home made fire extinguisher basically. Hopefully he wouldn't need it, but he'd rather not want to be chased out of town, due to an error in judgement.

After that, he'd put that down, and go to the back rooms, to pick up some stuff. Blitz meanwhile, would rush off to pick up something too, though that would be at her workbench. Stuff that she'd stuff into a box, then into a bag, and then float the bag next to her, with a big grin, and plenty of giggles. She were already imagining things, and it were glorious.

They'd be done packing things in about five minutes, with Molotov showing up with a crate, and three long tubes. It had all the important stuff in. A bit heavy perhaps, but he were prepared. Had them on a trolley, dragged by a rudimentary robot, who'd follow in his direction, when he moved far enough away. Looked like a wheel with arms more or less, but hey, it would do the job fine.

Going outside, they'd find that Enzo were still there, sitting in the *garden* with his tail wrapped around him, and eyes closed. He had started to draw in a bunch of folks behind, that were looking him over, but it seemed he were not noticing them. Mostly because he were sleeping sitting up. It had been... Stressful. He needed to just rest his eyes for a moment, but if they touched him, he'd stir. He were a rather light sleeper.

@EQ_Theta

On 2023-06-17 at 4:35 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“Every bit of information we gather will be of help, even if it will only give us a place to start looking. Narrowing down our options is the best outcome we could have for now, and given that we would need to keep this to ourselves, we could only rely on that. Not to mention that the longma don’t have a map because we never tried making one, so this is all we get.”

“As much as we could benefit from having Rosa take a look at this, perhaps we should hold off for now. After all, we’ll be heading off to meet with the other elders in two days’ time. Having this on our minds may complicate matters, maybe even distract us when we should be focusing. I suppose we could get a message to him, let him know about how things are going.”

“I disagree, but there may be a way we can still get this to him without needing him to come here. If we leave in two days, and we still have to account for travel time until we meet with the elders, we won’t know how long Rosa will be away from his own work. So, why don’t we just make a copy? Look, these glyphs or images are clearly showing places, maybe landmarks. Assuming this triangular object is Canterlot, we only need to know if the surrounding areas marked on this wall match their placements in Equestria. If not, then we will be certain of that, allowing us to narrow down our options.”

"Why not just bring a copy to Rosa then, and ask him if he can try and find out things, until after the meeting? Then he would think about it, and not you, yes?"

Her master used to have a word for giving out tasks that he didn't want to do, or cared to do. Delegate, she believed it were. Usually things so that he could keep having fun, rather than deal with things that he called boring. But it still fit though, yes? Sen and Lin would not have to think about it, while Rosa did. If he thought that was okay. She did not know if he were busy, though he always seemed to know many things, and were curious. He might well end up wanting to know more too, but they had to ask, and see how that would go. She were at least not sure where to go with this. These paintings meant something, that were out of her reach.

Good thing Sen’s saddle bag was carrying some supplies that he never thought he’d use in a long time. Large scraps of paper and a marking pen were present, albeit rather old, taken from a time when he learned to write on his own. He eventually gave up on the process, never making it past a few words, but drawings could still be doable. The opposite was true for Lin, who was taught briefly by a young busker who offered her shelter for a time. She went ahead and grabbed the paper and pen, then attempted to accurately replicate the glyphs, which wouldn’t take more than about ten minutes to get the details down.

Omen would observe closely, curious as to how Lin replicated these things, and seeing if she might be able to learn something from this. It seemed to be fairly standard though, but she did well, making sure that there were the details correctly, clutching this pen and writing in a certain way, that Omen couldn't. However, she did get an idea, and would use her tongue to either pick up another writing implement, or perhaps just a stick, stone, etc. Then she'd proceed to mimic what she were seeing, using her tongue as a more flexible *hand* to write in a more smooth, legible way, than what she had done before.

It honestly worked a lot better this way. She would have to remember that, for the next time she were trying to learn how to write. It could probably make her scribbles look a fair bit less like it had been jogged down by a jittery coffee addict. That were a valuable lesson as well, for the long run, so she were getting some second hand education here. A short lesson granted, but she would take every second of knowledge she could get hold of.

As for the drawing? Still said her nothing, but it did look like the wall, so that were good. It would help Rosa more, with clear information.

“And there we go! If need be, Omen, I can go with you to help explain things to Rosa. It’ll do us good to let him know what is happening on our end. I’m ready to go whenever you are.” 

“In that case, Xin and I will stay here and continue trying to figure this thing out.”

Omen wouldn't respond, before she'd open a gate. more out of instinct than anything else, as she were still looking at the drawing Lin had made as she did so.

"We can go then.

Look out for Shrimp, Sen."

The little one were going back to his favorite thing, beyond playing: Having a nap, nestled safely on Sen's head. He had fallen asleep on the way here, as the forests song started to make him a little drowsy.

As for Lin, soon as she were in, Omen would close the gate behind them, and soon after, open another, that would lead into the old town in Canterlot. On a roof to be exact, where Rosa sat, taking in the sun, eyes closed. He didn't even open them, as he knew what the sounds he heard, came from. Not the portal, as that were soundless. Same with Omen. But there were a break in the natural flow of air around him, and there were no sudden movements, so it became fairly easy to tell.

"I wondered how long it would take, before you'd return.

So, what brings you back from home? Questions for me, or news of your own? Either way, it cannot be more tedious than what I have went through since last we met."

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"And who is to tell that kobolds are the same, between worlds? But it sounds as if your sense of community remains. I shall keep that in mind."

Elder Rhugan would turn, and continue her walk out of this room, and then down the hallway. She would ask the twins which way to exit, and they would lead her, yet stay behind. You could see that they had a good deal of respect for the elder, and not one born out of fear, or forced subservience. To them, Rhugan deserved the respect, and thus, they would offer it to her, as were proper.

"Tell me, Oni aside, how have you taken your stay so far? Are they treating you well?"

"Yes. It's not been long, but no one have tried to attack us, or insult us, or anything like that. Most just seem curious."

"Hmm. That is good to hear."

As they wandered along, occasionally, the staf would tap the ground, and a small wave of magic would roll out. The elder were continuing to look for traces of their foe like this, but thus far, were not finding anything. She did discover several other things though. Some spellwork, how the building were structured, the location of several youngsters, etc. It seemed a nice enough place, if you took away the general terror over what were currently hunting in the town, that were. It strengthened her resolve some on the matter, of the kitsune making contact with the faraway Equestria. She had been sceptic of the idea, thinking that little good would come of it, but had been in the minority among the elders. Perhaps she had been rash in her judgement then? They would see. This did not give her much in the way of a true look at things, but it were something at least. The words of the kits, were comforting too.

They would not go far, before they reached the office of the principal, at which point, the elder would stop.

"I need a moment to talk to her. Stay here please."

She would go in, and be out again within three minutes. If they looked, they'd see that Starlight Glimmer were there, and seemed to be in a state of bewilderment, as the elder kitsune left her office, and closed the door behind her.

"Yes, I believe I know where we should go now. A library, in a castle? I am to understand there are locals huddled up scared there, and that it were where you last saw the Oni. Scared minds, are easy for the taking. I would think it sensible to check there. But as time seems off the essence, perhaps we have a need to speed things up somewhat."

Her staff would tap into the ground three times, and the puffs from her cauldron would suddenly turn to thick puffs of pale smoke, roiling down the staff, and gathered beneath her paws.  It did not spread further, and in fact, it seemed to lift her up a third of a meter from the ground, as if she were riding a cloud like a pegasus. The staff would keep roiling smoke though, making it apparent that it needed to be replenished to be sustainable.

"There, that should help things. Let us proceed to the exit."

She did halt a moment though, as Shark got nearer, and would poke at the cloud with her nose, transfixed on the odd sight. Then she'd stick her whole head into it, trying to see if she could find some semblance of something tangible in here, that were not the fluffy one. After a half dozen seconds though, she'd pull her head back out, and let out a off of pale smoke from her mouth.

Elder Rhugan smirked slightly at the sight, and then began to float along halfway in the cloud, at a brisk pace. She had wanted to conserve her magic, and have a nice, peaceful walk around this place, but if shelters and innocents were in easy crossfire, she would have to wait for that later. Quite frankly, she would be expecting some tea at the least, once this ordeal were over. It were plain hospitality to do so, when one came to their aid.

They should soon make their way outside, and hopefully not run into a mechanized kobold, who were aiming to visit her family. Them wanting her to or not, likely not much of a concern, judging by what they had said about her so far.

================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, there's a lot of factors to consider.

Like you said, they hate the regular ones, but couldn't that mostly come down to the fact that well, no offense, but you've pretty much painted most of you there as savages, living more like wild animals, than civilized beings. Cruel ones at that too. Might well be that they are just *Keeping the animals out* so to speak. You showing you have an aptitude for magic, should show them that you are more than the others. Long as you don't try to rush forward and rip out a throat right away, they might be willing to talk.

They'd probably be weary though, even in the best of circumstances. The sorta time, when we'll need to thread careful, to not cause a stir that's gonna make it harder to communicate.

As for the barrier, I've heard about those sorts before. Been a while since I've seen one though. Sure there's barriers like the one in Caneighda, but that one keeps everything in that passes through, and doesn't allow anything to pass out again. This sort? That takes some strong knowledge of things, to make it species specific. There's some ways to force ones way through though... You can make an umbrella pretty much, using some anti-magic on a plate for instance, but it might be overkill. If the barrier's meant to keep the wild ones out, it might just act on approaching it with magic. Otherwise, they'd be locking themselves off without a means for escape, in case they'd need that.

I say we should probably make sure, and find like a disk of anti-magic. Klugetown has a lot of sketchy folks, willing to sell most things they can get a hold of. Might be someone will have *liberated* something from the royal army we could use."

A villanous hive of scum, backstabbers, greed and horrible items, loosely held together with a strict order of violence to offenders, and paying the right creatures. It was a pretty nice place honestly. She sometimes went there to sell stuff in her collection that she didn't much care to keep arou...nd...

She's slap her forehead as her brain jumped to a particular memory of hers.

"Of course, the pocket watch! I have an anti-amgic thing in my stuff. I've had it locked up for like, three hundred years, but it should still be good, I think. It was a right pain in the tail to steal, and finding out what it did, just made it harder to make it out of there. I locked it up once it started to get too uncomfortable, and put it in the back of my hoard.

I guess that might finally get some use then. Neato.

Anyway, where were I before... Barrier, the other dragons... Ah right, going through your country. You say the young are at the edges. So we're going that route, to avoid fighting, yeah? It's a smart move, and I'd agree on it being a good choice. The less we have to fight, the better. Especially young ones. I don't wanna see someone who doesn't even have a century to their name, pointlessly dying. That ain't right."

Just the thought that someone like her darling Charir might get hurt... It clutched at her heart.

Of course, she understood that they'd be dealing with violent sorts there, but there were ways to deal with this, that did not involve killing them. For instance, ramming them with electricity, to stun them, or Ruby giving them some warning hits. Sure they'd be bruised and battered, but they'd be alive. That were better than the more common alternative, from what she understood.

Wandering along, she'd yawn a few times, still feeling the need to recharge her magic. This were another thing they had to deal with, when going there. She had to be fully charged, which meant that she needed some time to rest her magical muscles, before they'd go there. They had time though. Wasn't like Ruby's home were gonna explode tomorrow or something... Well, probably not. You never really know what could happen, but it seemed highly unlikely at least.

"One step at a time though. We got a plan now, so that's something we can prepare for, even though I get why you're not thrilled about going back there. From what I understand, you weren't treated well there. Neither of you were, and I hate to imagine the two of you getting hurt. You both deserved better than that."

The path ahead were going to take some time, but it were nice to just have at least some time with these two, just travelling along, making plans, in a calm environment, where one had the chance to really think about these sorts of things. Provided nothing happened, they could probably be in Canterlot within the hour, at a sensible pace.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

The Prince had his own map magic.  Quite useful for royalty actually now that Rising thought about it.  So cumbersome to carry around a bunch of rolled up maps or books that may be long outdated.  Judging by the reactions from all those in attendance, either by Dawn's wonderous display of magic again, or the genuine reaction to a shut in country seeing a world so outside their own.  The Prince filled in plenty of his own land, complete with very... colorful names that one isn't going to see in Equestria, but the detective was sure they were just a charming of places as the capital.   As an extra bonus, Necrotic even went as far as to fill in their neighboring country of Germane, a place that was just as blank and empty, besides the border lines, on Dawn's map.

Necrotic's map floated before Dawn's.  The floating rainbow quill flicked twice as if dabbing itself in a pot of invisible ink and started to copy the Prince's map.  Dawn's map quickly filled in the blanks of the two country with rainbow ink.  Town names and other details the other's map offered appeared.  The mare new Equestria's land scape much more clearly, but Harrowmark and Germane would suffer the lower detail of the other countries around Equestria's vibrate drawing.  "Many new maps to create.  It's a start, but I'm sure many visiting Harrowmark will be more than happy to explore and fill it in with your wonderous landscape," Dawn admired.  The quill and rainbow ink faded into rainbow mist and then vanished as she dropped the spell.

"Portals will make travel more viable.  I'm sure upon the meeting of our royals, and yourself, coordination will be hashed out for proper locations to and from our respective lands.  Not sure we want our main line of communication to be coming in and out of a tree in a park," the detective smiled.  With that, their pit stop to sample some food and drink with Bloom had come to an end.  The family gave their thanks to the pegasus, even more so for the gifts they were given.  Each carefully placed inside the coin pouch Necrotic and lent them with Dawn's subspace spell still upon it.  At Bloom's request for a supply of the bags, Dawn merely winked at the pegasus.  It was good to corner the market on such a valuable item.  Although the item mattered little.  It was the spell placed upon it.

Off they were again to continue their tour.  this time ending up in an industrial area, removed from the festival and merriment that came with it.  Apparently the Prince had a personal matter to attend to, as none in the family were addressed or formally introduced to anypony.  They remained respectful and let the Prince conduct his business.  Star took in the wonder of the hammering away and busy work of the area.  Not many area like this existed so openly in Equestria.  Often hidden inside workshop or factories, away from the public eye.  Something about safety and what not.

With the invitation to return to the castle, they were reminded of their dinner appointment with the royal family, together.  They all nodded, ready to move on once again.