Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Would Making a Gallery of Art Requests Made by Others Violate the Rules?

Zygen
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

So, I was just thinking about maybe creating a topic to put all of the artwork I've got from requesting it from others. I have it all in a folder, but I have considered maybe making a thread to showcase it. I'm not entirely decided if it would even be a good idea, but I wanted to ask before I really even consider if it would be in line with the rules?

I would obviously credit the name of the creators(Atleast including the name from whatever their site name was at the time.) 

But would It still be ok as far as the rules go? Considering none of it would be my creations(Unless I want to showcase some of my mediocre art ;p.)

Would I be required to get direct permission from each creator? Because some of these people have left the site considering much of it is quite old. 

Again, i'm just curious if it would be ok as far as the rules go, I'm not really sure if it would be a good idea or not, so I may not make it regardless, but I'm just asking if it is in violation of the rules in any way.

Thanks.

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

This would violate the rules of Octavia's Hall if you posted it there. Artwork posted there must be created by the topic starter, as explained in its guide

I'd recommend making this a blog post, unless you can find a relevant topic outside of Octavia's Hall to post the list in as a reply. Due to the personal nature of the topic as well as the fact that there wouldn't be much room for discussion I don't think it'd fit well as a topic.

In regard to crediting the artists, doing so is recommended but not required as long as you are not claiming anyone else's artwork as your own.

• Brohoof 5

Well,I don't see it fitting on an specific section of the forum,as the only fan content section(Octavia's Hall) is destined for work made only for yourself.

An idea could be make a blog,or something like that,as it would fit better than on Octavia's Hall.

• Brohoof 3

This would violate the rules of Octavia's Hall if you posted it there. Artwork posted there must be created by the topic starter, as explained in its guide

I'd recommend making this a blog post, unless you can find a relevant topic outside of Octavia's Hall to post the list in as a reply. Due to the personal nature of the topic as well as the fact that there wouldn't be much room for discussion I don't think it'd fit well as a topic.

In regard to crediting the artists, doing so is recommended but not required as long as you are not claiming anyone else's artwork as your own.

Well,I don't see it fitting on an specific section of the forum,as the only fan content section(Octavia's Hall) is destined for work made only for yourself.

An idea could be make a blog,or something like that,as it would fit better than on Octavia's Hall.

Yeah, I guess that's true, and I'd have to agree, a blog entry would probably be better anyways.

Thanks for the help y'all!

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.