Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory on Pinkie's parents

Eenohay

This is a crazy thought I recently had, wondering how did Pinkie reach Ponyville. I used to think she was kicked out of the farm, but...

What if her parents/father were insane? I'm starting to believe that Pinkie got away because her parents were starving her and her sisters. Maybe they got taken to a mental hospital, and Pinkie was left alone with her sisters. Maybe they even snaped and murdered her sisters! The point is, her parents were insane and got taken away, the rock "farm" was closed, and Pinkie wandered into ponyville, where she was found by a young Cakes couple.

I started to believe this cause you must be pretty insane to believe you can grow rocks. Looking at Pinkie's farm, it didn't look like if it was actually a mine and they were selling the rocks, so if they weren't then they must have been starving!

Well that's my crazy mind

(edited)

Or, (This is the craziest idea you will ever hear) maybe she moved out. Please don't hate me if you think I was mean T_T

Yes she could, but they still run a rock farm. This theory it's not truth, just something that is very possible.

Just think about. Have we ever seen that farm? It is supposed to be just outside ponyville, yet we don't see it when they show ponyville from above, but they do show Applejack's farm

Edited by Eenohay

Hahahaha! I'm so happy I finally found the perfect moment to use this emoticon like Brony Bolt: :unsure:

Well that idea um sounds.. plausible? ...I guess..

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

Yes she could, but they still run a rock farm. This theory it's not truth, just something that is very possible.

Just think about. Have we ever seen that farm? It is supposed to be just outside ponyville, yet we don't see it when they show ponyville from above, but they do show Applejack's farm

It is a good theory (I think Pinkie could drive everybody insane). Her father can have gotten crazy from all the balloons and colors. But I really think she moved out. We have seen the farm in "Cutie mark chronicles".

Does Pinkie says anything about where the rock farm is in that episode?

Knowing Pinkie there's probably some really weird backstory as to why she left that we could never figure out in a million years. I mean I don't think any of us could have guessed that she lived on a rock farm before she told us, so guessing this will most likely not be much easier.

but moving out does seem possible...

I get the feeling that because Pinkie's cutie mark is parties and nothing makes her happier than seeing ponies smile and being happy, that once she brought joy into the lives of her own family that maybe she felt (when she was older) it was time to move on and spread happiness elsewhere?

Maybe she only intended on staying in Ponyville for a short time before spreading happiness all over Equestria but she loved it there so much she decided to stay?

• Brohoof 1

Also note that Pinkie Pie is essentially a Toon that, like Roger Rabbit, can do virtually anything as long as it is fun ... !

I mean, holding up 6!!!! hooves, while still standing up!!!! in A friend in deed ...

And then add the wierd upbringing ...

Yes, her parents may have been crazy, but it is also possible that they grew something that Pinkie just thought were rocks at the time ....

But, with Pinkie being a toon ... she may even have been a secret lab experiment, with some trying to see what cutiemark can be managed in such a deprived environment.

I really don't think so, seems out of step with how they were presented. The episode in which we see them, I quickly got the sense they were very puritanical and old-fashioned in a lot of respects, dedicated to a life of hard work more or less for the sake of it, because that's what good ponies do. I like to think Pinkie's discovery of the joys of life and her outgoing attitude really had a positive impact on her family (following that party she threw) and led to them encouraging her to move to the big city so she could be a true social butterfly, something their rural roots wouldn't allow. They still get along and love hearing about Pinkie's friends and the various goings-on in Ponyville, but that kind of fast-paced lifestyle would just overwhelm them so they are content staying where they are.

• Brohoof 4

Well, we've only seen it in the past - it's entirely possible the land was bought up by Sweet Apple Acres and repurposed for growing apple trees, or it might just be that it's a fair bit further away from Ponyville than the Sweet Apple Acres is.

Insane parents? Yeah, possibly.

Snapping and murduring? Eh... I don't think...

I just like to think she left her parents, and went to a happier place... like following the Rainbow that RD made to Ponyville. Like Applejack.

At the end of her story about getting her cutie mark (or about the making of Equestria) her parents and siblings all party and dance with her, I always just assumed that she moved away because while her parents approved of the parties they understood that their life wasn't providing what Pinkie needed as a pony although I did always like the slightly more exciting idea that after being introduced to the idea of a party her parents and siblings liked them so much they abandoned Pinkie to find more parties and have been traveling the land going from party to party ever since (so Pinkie never knows where they are which explains why they she never contacts them) while Pinkie wandered her way to Ponyville, the second version also accounts for the missing farm, after the Pie family left the land was open and was added to Sweet Apple Acres.

• Brohoof 1

ఠ_ఠ

.....or maybe she just grew up and moved out... I liked a fanfic where it said she just ran away...but you theory only made me laugh hysterically Edited by Pinkie Pie (Pinkazoid!)

I've never fully believed Pinkie's story about the rock farm... mostly because she ended it with "And that's how Equestria was made!", leading me to become extremely confused, along with the CMC. I just assumed that Pinkie couldn't remember her entire childhood, so she filled in some gaps with the rock farm. I'd really like to find out more about each of the mane six's past just besides their cutie marks...

Well, if she did move out, it would leave the rest of her family to run the rock farm, I mean, all hands are needed to help in its harvest! Well, except if the family finally realized her purpose by her cutie mark, and allowed her on the journey. Huh, that thought sure makes the parents look like Samaritans.

Remember how Pinkie Pie acted in "Party of One"? When she doesn't like something that happens to her, she lies to herself to mask her pain. There is a possibility that she just doesn't want to think about her family because they didn't get along, so she makes up stories about them to feel better about it.

I just like to think she left her parents, and went to a happier place... like following the Rainbow that RD made to Ponyville. Like Applejack.

Remember how Pinkie Pie acted in "Party of One"? When she doesn't like something that happens to her, she lies to herself to mask her pain. There is a possibility that she just doesn't want to think about her family because they didn't get along, so she makes up stories about them to feel better about it.

This is getting surprisingly deep. The parts I bolded really resonate with me as things that could be true about Pinkie's back story.

I really hope there is an episode about this now!