Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory on Pinkie's parents

Eenohay

Her parents got old and died.She and her sisters were old enough to live on their own.She moved to ponyville

THE END.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Pinkie's parents are not old enough to have died of natural causes.

Completely slipped my mind heh heh.Well if they aren't dead there probably close to retiring and still living at the rock farm while there children are out living on their own.

Btw,this is Equestria.If you can stand on clouds then you can probably grow rocks like they were some plants too?

You can (I think) actually have a "rock garden", depending on the geology of where you live. They don't "grow" like plants do, but they rise to the topsoil from old riverbeds. (EDIT: I think this works for the same reason that different sized rocks put in a jar and shaken up will have large rocks on top and small rocks and dirt on the bottom.)

Just a little caveat, I'm only 90% sure on all of this, it was something my older brother said once. Anyone have some experience in geology to back me up?

Edited by PaxSlayer

Another popular theory is that Octavia is one of Pinkie's sisters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Octavia's mane is a bit darker, but that sometimes happens as you grow up.

Edited by Forlong

Another popular theory is that Octavia is one of Pinkie's sisters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Octavia's mane is a bit darker, but that sometimes happens as you grow up.

I read a realllllllllly good FF on that once....forget what it's called. Photo Finish was her sister too. It was great!

I read a realllllllllly good FF on that once....forget what it's called. Photo Finish was her sister too. It was great!

Lol Photo Finish! But she was more bluey

Lol Photo Finish! But she was more bluey

She dyed her coat and mane and stuff. God, this is gonna bother me all night now :P

(edited)

I really don't think so, seems out of step with how they were presented. The episode in which we see them, I quickly got the sense they were very puritanical and old-fashioned in a lot of respects, dedicated to a life of hard work more or less for the sake of it, because that's what good ponies do. I like to think Pinkie's discovery of the joys of life and her outgoing attitude really had a positive impact on her family (following that party she threw) and led to them encouraging her to move to the big city so she could be a true social butterfly, something their rural roots wouldn't allow. They still get along and love hearing about Pinkie's friends and the various goings-on in Ponyville, but that kind of fast-paced lifestyle would just overwhelm them so they are content staying where they are.

I agree.

Most people I imagine also might think a Rock farm is an entirely insensible proposition.

While tha approach to the subject matter (such as 'moving rocks from one field to the other) is rather unorthodox for any logical person, the existence of a rock farm is completely reasonable.

Anyone who knows anything about industrial materials knows that gravel is to construction what flour is to baking.

Edited by Blue

Think about this for a minute. If you found out that the thing you are best at is making others smile, then would you ever be satisfied being isolated out on the farm, only ever throwing parties for you family. She couldn't stay there, because it wasn't where she belonged. I think it's a miracle she found her special talent at all on the rock farm. I'm pretty sure her family supported her moving out. She may still visit from time to time, or write them letters. What I want to know is how she ended up in Ponyville, and ended up working with the Cakes? Also, how old was she when she left home?

zombie-velocoraptors from the land of quicksand became jealous of their plentiful rocks and firm ground. They ate the family and made Pinkie Pie into their pet for four years before she formed a coup with the rest of their servants. But she thought her family was best in the house, so she burned it down with their bodies inside and traveled with the rest of the former velocoraptor slaves. That's when she found Ponyville.

Or maybe Pinkie decided to make up some bullshit story for her own amusement. Wouldn't put it above her. I mean, the story is a little bit inconsistent, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't how Equestria was made. Or maybe she couldn't remember. Mighty interesting either way if you ask me. Anyway, if thats what you think, then thats what you think.

Considering that she ended that story with "And that's how Equestria was made!", I'm doubtful that it happened exactly as she says it did. C'mon, she's just being Pinkie...

Edited by CandidKid

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Pinkie's parents are insane, believing they could and needed to farm rocks.

However, this insanity caused them to develop a very very strong alter ego, much like insane pinkie. Their original names were mister and mrs. rock. However, these new identities gained dominance as mister and mrs. cake. In between identity changes, they would change appearance, clothes, and location, with no memory of the other. This is why the babies were a unicorn and pegasus, Mrs. cake did not cheat on her husband and has no memory or guilt of it, only slight confusion. Mrs. Rock, however, did.

I was thinking that Pinkie Pie just left her old farm. Even though it got a lot more fun than it was, Ponyville still seems better and more colorful. Also, Ponyville has lots of new ponies for Pinkie to invite to her parties, it'd get boring to only party with your folks all the time. :)

@jwu Now that you bring up the Cake kids, that's a good point. How did two Earth ponies have a unicorn and a pegasus? ;)

Edited by Tteok