Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your Home?

碇 シンジン

Home can be many different things...

I call place where I can go and be safe home.  Home where I can express my feelings freely and where I can enjoy things and not worry about them.  I don't have to worry what other people think about me when I'm at home. My fears feel more distant and negativity goes away I can be happy. I can be the one who I really am. I don't  need to put on some masks and pretend to be someone else. 

Home still doesn't mean that all bad goes away. There are bad things in world and they never go away, but at home you don't need to worry about that. Well you can worry if you want. but what is the reason of worrying if you can be happy? 

I'm now truly happy I can be first time ever the one who I really am! I always hided it, because I wasn't home yet, but on this one happy day I searched Google My Little Pony Forum and guess what came first.

post-28950-0-87613100-1410887147.png

I was peeking here long  couple months and I saw this place was different. There was something special here, something unique... Then I decided to join and the feeling got stronger over time. Until I figured it out.

I can call MLP Forums my home and YOU guys did it. YOU are awesome don't ever forget that.

Home is amazing feeling and I hope all of you can experience it if you haven't yet.

What is your home? How you define home? What are your experiences with home?

• Brohoof 10

Home...I have no home. I hopscotch between homes on a yearly basis. The only home I know are these streets, the city in which I live in.

As for an "internet home", it was YouTube before Google butchered it and ruined the social aspect, then it was a variety of several other websites and forums, now it's here. This is my favorite site, shining a beacon of light on my otherwise blurry situation.

• Brohoof 5

A real life home for me would be my room. It's my safe haven where I can be alone and have time to myself. I like my room because it provides me with the comfort I need. As for my internet home, that would be the pokemon forum I go to every day. It's not a home where I feel I can unwind and or anything. I do feel safe there because it's gotten better for me. I like this forum because the people are really great, and I enjoy the people.

• Brohoof 2

I have no home, save for that of the open dusty planes of Central Washington. Amongst the high desert outcroppings I make my home, for it is the only physical place to welcome me. It's harsh beauty is a unique one, for not even the deserts of the south west are truly similar.

As for internet homes, I do not have one. The ever present march of socializing the internet, and making it accessible for all has long destroyed any web site I would call home. Instead I just wonder the information highways, always ready to jump ship should things get worse.

• Brohoof 3

First off, awesome Topic and Thank you tons for posting this after I joined. Really lifts my spirits! Off course i haven't contributed alot but I'm glad to be a part of the forums you so love. And I guess you could say I'm at home here too. I mean again I really haven't been here that long so I probably sound really Naive but I don't feel awkward about what I say (okay maybe not) and I don't feel I should REALLY think about what I'm going to say in front of some people (but maybe the way I said it...). Maybe Internet Anonymity kind of helps with that but still, I really like it here.

Of course Where I live now isn't the worst place in the world and while I do have some problems living where I do, the subtle things that go by unnoticed far outweigh the bad and that's not even counting the good stuff that I DO notice. Saying that though, I am looking to move out. I've spent way to long living with my grandma anyway. 

• Brohoof 2

I live with a room mate in a 2 bedroom penthouse suite in a major metropolis. I pay rent so I don't have a choice but to call it home. It can feel small and cramped sometimes and it doesn't have a garage so working on projects can really suck. I have to rent my parking space too or fight for parking on the streets. I found it easier to pay rent for parking becuase it's such a hassle finding street parking.

When my roommate is here... this place doesn't feel like home... if she's not here, it feel like home but not quite mine... On the net, this is pretty much my home along with memecenter and HardOCP, and youtube.

As for heaven. God has castle in the sky waiting for me. Sometimes, I feel as if I'm late for my own part...

• Brohoof 2

I'm currently in a transition phase of my life. I wouldn't call the hole i live in a home, but it is shelter, and all i have right now. Sometimes i sleep at my girlfriend's home, but that doesn't really count, does it? Maybe one day i'll have a place that i can truly call home. :)

• Brohoof 2

Home can be here. It can be at your friend's. Your grandparents'... 

'I feel right at home,' is an expression of comfort. This place is my home, just like my real home. Yes it's true, the administration are the parents - the ones you respect and love. Members are brothers and sisters you tolerate and love as well. Though we might not be blood relatives, we are still interconnected through common bonds. 

The people here are wonderful. I cherish their intellect and being the people they truly are. 

• Brohoof 1

The only true place where I feel safe and call home is in my mind, where ideas and creations happen at a constant rate. While there are many bad things to go with this, like the depression and anxiety, it's moments like when I am falling asleep or listening to music that example why my own thoughts can be my home for me. When my mind is either an empty void or filled with nothing but ideas or images that I create is when it all feels best.

In real world terms, I suppose my room qualifies, but the rest of the building is just 'the house'. I honestly hate it here and I wish I could move, but at the moment it isn't possible. Even then I almost do not consider my room home, I just don't feel happy enough half of the time for that qualification.

I have a fear that someday I will be without a place to truly call home.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, well I do have a home at the moment where I go to and from places and university, I'm living with a couple of friends and it's all well and good, many great times and etc.

Though the place I feel really at home is living with my family, my brothers, sisters and parents.

I don't know why, but I feel much more relaxed over there!

• Brohoof 1

Home is the place where you can be who you are and still be loved for it. I don't really have a home. I don't get along with my family and I hide things from my friends. Really sucks. Why are people so judgmental?

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Right now, my home is the Bay Area and the house I currently live in. Why? Because apart from living there, it's the place that played a part in my development as a person and where I can be myself with no regrets.

Now for the other two questions you've asked:

How do I define home? Home is a place where you can feel comfortable in and be yourself and be accepted and feel safe.

What are my experiences with home? I feel safe, love myself, and feel accepted.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie

My home is a place called Pokecommunity. I've been there for ten years, almost eleven. Well, I came and went but... this time I've stayed. It's taught me a lot, and I owe those forums a lot for helping me grow. Of course, they don't mean as much to me as my hero Takeru does but... still. PC is my home, and I think it always will be.

• 3 years later...

Well... I don't know. I always wanted a place to call home. Life feels so meaningless and hard that nowhere felt familiar, nowhere felt like home. The idea of going home or being at home was so unattainable that ‘home’ became an idea I just couldn’t reach, and in my most distressing moments, I wanted nothing more than to go home, or to just cease to exist. 

• Brohoof 1

To quote a certain apple farming country pony.... "What really makes home feel like home isn't what it looks like. It's the memories you make when you're there." 

I find "home" to be the places that hold the most happy memories for me. :twi: To me, "home" is where I feel happiest, and I feel happiest when I'm around people I love. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt