Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Google Safebrowsing Detected Malware on the Forums.

remove p l e a s e ?

I just got the message, from this thread lol

The same thing just happened to me.

I've notified both feld0 and lavo about this, just in case that hasn't already been done. They are in charge of anything IT-related for MLP Forums so hopefully they can figure this out soon.

• Brohoof 5

Guys, if you are going to report instances of this occuring, please supply the full link of the page that you received the warning.

I am certain it is ad related personally. How? Because my company's security configuration pwns consumer ad blockers and plug-ins. I am not getting any warnings because unlike a browser based system that will still report an issue (as I indicated in an earlier post) ... My company will do this server side. MLP Forums on my corporate network ... is clean.

Also, please refrain from speculation regarding us being hacked. Thank you.

It got to the Rarity Fan Club, there is no hope!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/4729-rarity-fan-club/page-674#entry3097882

But yeah the ad thing seems to make the most sense, because what pages cause it seems very random. I got it going to someone's profile, just now at the RFC, and then some other random places. And then it will not happen at all when you go to the same page from a different link.

• Brohoof 3

It got to the Rarity Fan Club, there is no hope!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/4729-rarity-fan-club/page-674#entry3097882

But yeah the ad thing seems to make the most sense, because what pages cause it seems very random. I got it going to someone's profile, just now at the RFC, and then some other random places. And then it will not happen at all when you go to the same page from a different link.

I found another from RFC 

http://mlpforums.com/topic/4729-rarity-fan-club/page-674#entry3097802

Its link to post that I posted earlier today. 

If you go to the safe search details then the 'entry' links are fine. Before I left work I checked NA and nothing was passed on to us. I also checked every element on a few of those pages and nothing was embedded in any image that I found.

It is being reviewed so don't take this as a brush off. MLP Forums does take server and site security seriously.

It is also important to note that should any offending item be located, the site owner needs to go through the validation process for the warnings to be removed so there is always a delay while that occurs.

• Brohoof 3

I just took a gander at page 674 and there was nothing even slightly out of the ordinary on that page other than the malware warning. I don't see what could've been the problem :confused:

This also just started happening with page 674 today. Earlier today I was looking at it because I had made a post about Powell's inability to portray Rarity up to standard and her departure from the show's writing staff.

I don't know what's going on with that page, but it didn't start happening until well after the page was completed :confused:

• Brohoof 3

PROGRESS UPDATE

• Installation of IPB security patch

• Malicious domains blocked from AdSense

• Google Ad Review requested

• Multiple patches installed to the server

• Multiple malicious domains added to MLPF's URL blacklist

This issue is still under investigation. Please make sure to continue to post here with as much detail as possible (including screenshots) if you continue to get any sort of malware warning when browsing MLP Forums. Thank you.

• Brohoof 11

I've gotten it as well, but it's clearly ads. I get it even on youtube and stuff. And did anyone notice that google tested 666 pages...?

Edited by Ryzu
  • Brohoof 1

As you can probably deduce from the lack of browser warnings since this incident, Feld0 was able to resolve the threat as outlined above by SCS. I want to thank everyone who responded in this thread and everyone that filed a support ticket, your speed in informing staff, and patience that day, were NOT unnoticed.

Thank you again.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.