Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a job? Where do you work?

7uprulez

For some time I worked at a gamestop, then the place got robbed at christmas, a new manager was hired and the manager let me go.

For 5 or so years I worked at a Blockbuster, the managers were super nice but passively strict when it come to keeping it's employees in check.  I decided to quit so I can focus on college.  When the stores officially closed down, the store I worked at became a super fancy emergency center.  Part of me misses the place but I don't miss the mean customers.  I still prefer to this day Blockbuster over Netflix and Gamefly (well mostly Blockbuster over gamefly, Netflix does have it's upsides).  I have my old name tag as well.  :lol:

As of this post, I'm thinking of applying to Best Buy.  I know a lot about movies, video games and technology.  Plus, the social skills I developed in Blockbuster will help too.  Also, one of the former managers of the Blockbuster store I worked at gave a shining letter of recommendation.  I honestly don't think I could ever meet a nice manager like the ones I had at Blockbuster.  :(

Edited by Nit Pick

I'm a current college attendee, so I just do work as a cleaner at Copenhagen's University - pretty simple, but the pay is very good, at least for my age. 

So I'm not complaining!

I've worked at 2 veterinary clinics over the course of 4 years as a veterinary assistant.

Recently, I was laid off, however :maud:

Lol my job is eating all the food in my house.

On a serious note, I've never had a job. I tried getting one all summer but was unsuccessful. And I'm not gonna look for one for another year once I go to college.

I work for Poniverse! I know I don't technically get paid or whatever, but oh my gosh. 
Prior to working here, I felt... I felt like I had no direction in life. I felt like I'd never be able to do anything, or make a difference. I had no confidence in my skills, and... generally felt bad about myself. But wow. Being able to work for Poniverse has really, really changed me. Even in these short few months. I'm much more confident about myself- able to walk with my head high instead of looking at the ground. I'm even considering doing public relations as a job in the future! I've made lots of great friends, and I get to work at a place I love- even if it's online.

• Brohoof 3

I worked at Dollar General from 2012 to early 2014, and then quit in February to try and finish my college on the money I had in my bank account. This semester, however, I started up and realized I had to buy an almost $200 text-book with my bank account sitting at a nice, clean, $60.

So now I'm working at Food Lion (the local branch of a bigger organization called "Delhaize"). I'm a "produce assistant". I just take care of the produce (trim it up and cull it in the mornings, stock it in the afternoons). It's not bad, so far. It's infinitely better than Dollar General.

Seriously. DG was one of the most depressing and stressful experiences of my entire life. I'm genuinely lucky to be alive because the combined stress of that and school and everything else made me consider how peaceful death would be in comparison pretty much all the time. Not to bring down the mood of the thread.

I worked at a office warehouse during the summer. 

It was pretty fun, not that many people worked there and everyone knew each other. It did ware me out though when i got back home i just took a shower and went straight to bed. But it was nice for the summer, i was basically getting paid to work out. 

@@Koukatsu, talking in third person never made me feel so inspired...

As for me, I work as a Network Security Analyst for a large company that I'm not at liberty to name.

The pay is good, though I am a bit underpaid for the field but I guess that comes with the fact that I lack experience. Been at the job for about a year and I'm planning on sticking with it for now while I further my education and get my name out there.

• Brohoof 1

I am currently a character animator at Atomic Cartoons.  Incidentally, I think we may have had this topic already.

I'll be starting an internship as an animator next week.

That's sort of a job. :catface:  

Welcome to our world!

• 1 month later...

I used to work at Wal-Mart as a maintenance man. They literally made me do all the dirty work (doing other people's jobs) not only did I take all the trash out and clean the bathrooms, but I cart pushed, store greeted, stocked milk in dairy and I volunteered IMS work unloading freight from a truck, sorting it, and pulling it out to the floor in the right department. All that for $7.50 an hr, I decided to leave after 5 months because I have high car insurance (sport car).

• 3 weeks later...