Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc My Little Pony: Ace Attorney

FortyTwo42

RP Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/111405-the-shocking-turnabout/

I saw a planning thread for one of these RPs before, but it seems completely dead now, so I want to try running one myself.

Basically, it’s Ace Attorney in MLP. Somepony’s been murdered, somepony’s accused and put on trial, prosecuters and defense attorneys keep shouting ‘OBJECTION!’, eccentric witnesses lie on the stand and there is always yet another hidden detail that’ll completely change the course of events!

I don’t have much planned out, so before I begin, I'd like to see if people would be interested in an RP like this. Sign up below!

Despite being based on Ace Attorney, I don’t feel it’s necessary to have played one to join this RP. Beyond the trials and the overall theme, it’ll probably be like any other pony RP.

Defense attorneys:

Rokkurin: Night Blade (♂/20/Pegasus)

Jolt-Thunderbolt: Jolt Thunderbolt (♂/18/Earth Pony)

Shadowking58: Moonlit Ace (♂/22/Pegasus)

Prosecutors:

Jolt-Thunderbolt: Lee Bluemoon (♂/19/Unicorn)

TheLineTrotter: Vincent StormWalker (♂/28/Griffon)

Assistants:

Blue Moon: Blue Moon (♂/20/Unicorn)

Judge:

Bradley: Sunshine Judger (♂/43/Earth Pony)

Defendant:

Arcing Storm: Arcing Storm (♂/Stallion/Pegasus)

Witnesses:

FortyTwo42: Aero Wind (♂/23/Pegasus)

NoobyBrony: Gale News (♀/21/Pegasus)

Cyan Blue: Cyan Blue (♂/20/Unicorn)

Detectives:

FortyTwo42: Shadowhide (♀/22/Unicorn)

Soldier Surplus: Archean Gene (♂/20/Unicorn)

I'm still happy to accept new characters even though the RP has started! Also keep in mind that if you want to join, you're able to join any of the roles listed above. Just because someone else already has a role doesn't mean you can't have it too; there's no limit to how many people can have a role (It's going to be one busy courtroom!).

Edited by FortyTwo42

AA? Hold it! I'm joining the RP! OC in sig!

I have played the AA series from the first one to the Apollo Justice one. And also played the AAI 1. The AAI 2, Dual Destinies and Professor Layton VS. Ace Attorney are watched. I even started an AA fan club on here. :P

@@Rokkurin,

Is it a matter of being unable to choose which OC you want to use? In that case, why not use both? That's what I'm doing with my OCs. Although if you really want me to pick one for you, I'd go with Night Blade. His ability to see the truth in ponies would put him right at home in an Ace Attorney RP; it could be like our version of the Magatama (For those unfamiliar, the Magatama is an item in the Ace Attorney series Phoenix has which allows him to tell when someone is lying to him).

@@Jolt-Thunderbolt,

This is him, right? If so, he sounds perfect for this RP! I don't think there's any question where he'll be standing in court.

@,

Take that! I accept your OC! Storm may participate! Also, could you give me the link to the AA fan club? I'd like to check it out.

Now that we have a few people interested in this, we might want to start ironing out a few details.

First off, positions. There are many potential roles ponies could have in the trial, so we should start filling them up. Off the top of my head, we probably want at least one prosecutor, defense attorney, judge, defendant, witness and detective. Could you decide which role you want your OC to be in? Also, if you can think of any roles I've missed, that'll be helpful. For my characters, I'll put Shadowhide as a detective for the case, but I can see Aero Wind potentially filling many of those roles, so I'll wait for now and later on give him the role that doesn't have anypony else.

Secondly, I want to decide how exactly this RP will be run. I can think of two general ways to do it, so I'd like to hear your feedback on them:

Method 1: Some of us will plan out a general series of events, and try to steer the case in that direction.

Method 2: No planning, we just wing it and let whatever happens happen.

• Brohoof 1

@@FortyTwo42,

I can have Night Blade as a defense attorney.

I think we should plan out some parts of the RP but wing it on some other occasions.

For example, let us write up what the witnesses will say, how they are suppose to react and how the statements can be cross-examined. From there we will wing it, to see if the defense attorney can really find out what is going on and free the suspect or fail and have him found guilty.

That is just my idea.

@@Rokkurin,

Sure thing, I'll list Night Blade as a defense attorney.

On that note, I'd imagine the defense attorney and prosecutor positions will be the ones most people want, since they'd do most of the talking during the trials. So, how about we let there be multiple of them? After all, Phoenix rarely stands at the defense's bench on his own. Although I don't think multiple people have stood at the prosecutor's bench, I don't there's any problem allowing multiple prosecutors too if that's the case. But try not to let the other positions go unfilled!

About how the story should go, it sounds like a good mix of planning and winging it will be the way to go. We might plan a few potential outcomes for a cross-examination, see which one plays out, then let just whatever happen before planning out a few more outcomes from there, and generally go like this.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Take that! I accept your OC! Storm may participate! Also, could you give me the link to the AA fan club? I'd like to check it out.

Secondly, I want to decide how exactly this RP will be run. I can think of two general ways to do it, so I'd like to hear your feedback on them:

Method 1: Some of us will plan out a general series of events, and try to steer the case in that direction.

Method 2: No planning, we just wing it and let whatever happens happen.

The link: http://mlpforums.com/topic/108457-ace-attorney/

I think Storm would be a defendant in a case due to the high risk of his job...

I'll go with Method 2!

@,

Alright, Storm will be a defendant!

Now that we have a defendant, now might be a good time to begin planning the crime. For now, I think we should just stick to who's murdered and decide on a few pieces of evidence at the crime scene, and let the trial during the RP determine what happened. We can't do any 'winging it' if we decide on everything beforehand, but we need to come up with enough for our characters to begin the trial with.

Also, since Storm and Aero have a lot to do with the weather, I'll make Aero be a witness. Of course, he won't see anything decisive, I'm thinking he was simply around the scene of the crime and he can say a few things about the conditions and who left and entered the scene of the crime. Or maybe he'll turn out to be the real murderer? No-one knows!

• Brohoof 1

@@Jolt-Thunderbolt, @@Rokkurin, @,

Just letting you all know Jolt-Thunderbolt made a new OC, Lee Bluemoon, to be the prosecutor.

Also, would you prefer the RP to start in 'investigation mode' (The ponies are going around doing things at the crime scene and possibly anywhere else preparing for the trial) or 'trial mode' (The ponies are, as the name suggest, at the trial). I think 'investigation mode' would be best, since then all we'd need to do is come up with a crime scene, and we're pretty much ready to start this RP! It'll also make it easier for anyone else to join in before the trial gets underway.

@@Jolt-Thunderbolt, @@Rokkurin, @,

Just letting you all know Jolt-Thunderbolt made a new OC, Lee Bluemoon, to be the prosecutor.

Also, would you prefer the RP to start in 'investigation mode' (The ponies are going around doing things at the crime scene and possibly anywhere else preparing for the trial) or 'trial mode' (The ponies are, as the name suggest, at the trial). I think 'investigation mode' would be best, since then all we'd need to do is come up with a crime scene, and we're pretty much ready to start this RP! It'll also make it easier for anyone else to join in before the trial gets underway.

I think investigation mode would be better. Maybe the attorney is going to meet Storm?

I would like to join,but is the Judge going to be like the judge in AA games? Cause he doesn't really do anything. :okiedokielokie: Except suck up to the prosecutor. Still sounds interesting though. :lol:

You can join! Which OC(s) do you want to use, and what position (prosecutor, defense attorney, witness etc.) do you want them to have? Remember, just because a position is already taken doesn't mean you can't take it too.

That's a good point about the judge. I'll still leave it up for anyone else who may want it, but if no-one does, I'll probably just create a pony to act like the judge from the AA games. This will mean I'll have 3 characters but none of them are defense attorneys or prosecutors, who I expect will have most of the attention, so I don't think it'll be too much much for me.

Remember, I'm only going to create a judge character if no-one else does. If you want your character to be the judge, you'll have until the RP reaches the first trial day to take the position.

I think investigation mode would be better. Maybe the attorney is going to meet Storm?

That'll probably be the first thing the attorneys will do. The way I see it, most of our characters will end up at the scene of the crime and probably meet each other there. But since Storm is the defendant, he'll just be locked up at the detention center all day, so hopefully that doesn't make you get left out at first.

Everyone seems to agree that investigation mode is best, so let's start with that!

I'd like to take my hand at the judge. (Since it's in the only position left. Son of a...  :angry: )

Anyway, my character is in my signature.

Sure! But don't think you have to be the judge because it's the only position left. Like how Phoenix is usually with Maya or someone else in court in the Ace Attorney series, I'm perfectly happy to have multiple prosecutors or defense attorneys in this RP. And there's no reason we can't have multiple witnesses or something else either. So, do you really want to be the judge, or do you want another role instead?

At this point, the only thing we need to do is plan out the crime scene, and we're ready to go. My first idea: Perhaps the murder weapon was a lightning bolt? Since Arching Storm has a lot to do with dark clouds that can shoot lightning, it would put a lot of suspicion on him.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Sounds great! I can imagine her causing all sorts of problems for the trial as she sneaks around everywhere finding out all she can and refuses to share what she knows so she can use it for her big scoop! What's an AA trial without those who delay everything with their odd eccentricities? She sounds like she'll fit right into the witness role.

Sure! But don't think you have to be the judge because it's the only position left. Like how Phoenix is usually with Maya or someone else in court in the Ace Attorney series, I'm perfectly happy to have multiple prosecutors or defense attorneys in this RP. And there's no reason we can't have multiple witnesses or something else either. So, do you really want to be the judge, or do you want another role instead?     At this point, the only thing we need to do is plan out the crime scene, and we're ready to go. My first idea: Perhaps the murder weapon was a lightning bolt? Since Arching Storm has a lot to do with dark clouds that can shoot lightning, it would put a lot of suspicion on him.

I'd definitely like to take another position if possible. But what I really wanted was to yell "OBJECTION" because that's just so fun to say. 

@@Shadowking58,

In that case, which position would you want? With the exception of judge, I don't see any problem with there being more than one of any of the roles I've listed. And don't let the 'OBJECTION's be limited to just the prosecutors and defense attorneys. I can easily imagine a witness or detective barging into the courtroom shouting 'OBJECTION' when they've just realized or discovered something shocking.

@@Shadowking58,

In that case, which position would you want? With the exception of judge, I don't see any problem with there being more than one of any of the roles I've listed. And don't let the 'OBJECTION's be limited to just the prosecutors and defense attorneys. I can easily imagine a witness or detective barging into the courtroom shouting 'OBJECTION' when they've just realized or discovered something shocking.

Well, I thought the spots for the defense and prosecutors were filled up because in the original post there are no slots left. But if you say your open to more defenses then I have no problem doing those either.

Although, as a huge fan of Ace Attorney games, I much prefer the defense, quite honestly

• Brohoof 1

@@Shadowking58,

It's more a matter of not stating that there are more slots left. I never said there were no slots, and in the further posts, I made sure to mention it many times. Perhaps it would be best to make a note of it in the first post too.

Anyway, yes, Moonlit Ace may join as a defense attorney!