Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any other spider lovers/respecters?

Everleaf

I like spiders. They're my friends.  :catface:

149734,xcitefun-cute-spider-1.jpg

Look at him. He's shy and just wants to be loved. 

They help keep the insect population stable, and they do what they do to survive, just like any other species. They're really cool, I think. 

I love the Bagheera Kiplingi. It's a vegetarian spider! 

And jumping spiders will chase lazer pointers!  :P

HN1wwms.gif

I love my spider friends!  :lol:

• 5 years later...

Spiders are misunderstood, like me! They're coolie! There are ones I'd run away from, like tarantulas, Brazilian wanderers and hunters... Cos, you know, self preservation and all. Don't kill me please owo;

I don't kill spiders if they're in my house unless it's an accident. Like they decide to sit in the middle of the floor and I step on them by mistake.

If a spider has its web in the corner of my house, I don't bother it. If the spider is in my shower I'd like to try and get it out of there. If the spider is just in the way or in a spot where my cat might try to eat it I'll usually just put it outside.

My mom would call in a nuke if she had the ability to.

• Brohoof 2

So like, where my apartment window is situated, it's basically above this one parking lot light that attracts A LOT of bugs.  One reason I hate summer is because they're always finding a way into my room when I turn on my light.  This year though, I've gotten a lot of spiders in my room too, they've set their webs where the bugs normally hang out(this part of my room is covered with smears of bugs because I find it useless to clean it most of the time during summer because there's always so many bugs) and they've caught so many bugs there, lots of mosquitoes, gnats and stuff like that.  As long as they leave me alone, I leave them alone.  I find that to be a healthier way of dealing with spiders, I've never really cleaned up any of the old webs either, new spiders just come in and take it.  Unless the web was in my way like right in front of my light switch for my lamp but I pretty much leave them alone.  I've yet to get a mosquito bite and I thank the spiders for that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I respect spiders. I don't kill them not only because they don't really do anything wrong (other than the cannibalism part, yuck), but because they eat flies and that's good because flies are obnoxious. They'll also eat all kinds of other things that I find way more problematic. Mosquitoes, and whatever other irritating flying pests that get stuck in their webs.

There's also this one to consider:

Angie.png.ceeae6fb79f2f1d294d7e7e4b4c6ecc2.png

Edited by Dusknoir

• 1 year later...

They help keep the house clean from annoying insects. Except for that time one spider came down from the ceiling directly onto the head of my bed, then burrowed itself under various blankets, and proceeded to go deeper into the groin area to bite me in the genitals. I woke up with considerable swelling and a dead spider inside my underpants. I had to drain two big pustules that had formed at the site of the bite with a sterilized needle. I do not really understand all the effort that spider went through.
But that day all spiders I could find in that house ceased to exist. I mean, I still think they are repulsive creatures on appearance alone. But that doesn't mean I do not resepct them. That is until one decides to attack me for no reason.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more of an insect person, but I do respect spiders. Jumping spiders, I believe, are the best. They are harmless, have cute personalities and can get very colorful.

(edited)

post-24370-0-78117900-1474729803_thumb.jpg

I like spiders. In my house, I catch them and put them outside because I have a cat.

I think they're cool especially close up. I really like jumping spiders. They're harmless and very curious.

This is one of the best pictures I've taken of a spider close up. A lady brought it to my work because she was worried about her toddler kids. I took it home to take some pictures of it and then let it go. It only cooperated with me because it was dragging around that huge egg sack.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

You can take mine, I keep getting weekly 8-legged visitors in my house :yeahno:

I saw one last night that was extremely uncomfortable to look at. I’m okay thanks 🙏 

I generally can't even touch spiders that are bigger than Your typical, smol jumping spider and feel uncomfortable sharing a small room with one. I am not disgusted by them though, in fact, when watching them from safe distance I find them adorable and silly. I will never forget how I poked one with a sheet of paper and it made a dramatic jump on its back and started playing dead :laugh:

They are very misunderstood. Most of the time they're more scared of humans than humans are scared of them. Most only attack when they feel like they're in danger. I will likely never touch a big spider in my life, but I'll be honest - that doesn't stop me from loving them. I can't even bring myself to kill one and if I have an unwanted visitor in my apartment then, despite how I cannot touch spiders I'd rather try to lure it on a sheet of paper, cover it with glass from top to NOT touch it and then take it outside. 

i don't really love spiders (praying mantises will always be my favorite smaller creature tbh) but they're fine! as long as they leave me alone i'll leave them alone; my cats are a bigger threat to them than i ever will be lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have a weird relationship with Spiders as despite not wanting to me, a lot of them just terrify me. Its about how they look more then anything. It just sends shivers down my shine. Yet I'll never kill a spider. I know they can't help what they are so I'd just feel bad killing them. 

Indoor spiders irritate me. Besides, a lot of those are just... not very cool-looking. But I like a lot of the outdoor spiders. The strange, colorful ones that build huge webs and don't typically venture indoors.