Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what are your thoughts about MLP ships?

shrewzie13

Ok so I thought that i would talk about different romances between  not just the mane 6 but anypony ever and, if you want to talk about the obvious thing between spike and rarity and why or why not it would happen, then feel free to.

• Brohoof 1

ALL ABOARD THE LOVE BOAT:

Luna/Big Mac - Luna kisses Big Mac on the cheek in once of the comics CANON CONFIRMED

Big Mac/Zecora - Both characters are swagnificient. That should prove significant.

Zecora/Photo Finish - Purely because I have a weird obsession with these characters. Don't let logic and reason be barriers.

Fluttershy/Photo Finish - Because they would make ze magiks together.

Braeburn/Sorin - Because we need some man love in here.

And, of course, RariJack OTP

And to think that I thought shipping was dumb before I started watching MLP

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 3

I personally love ships in general. So,MLP is no exception.

My MLP ones are.

Twilight Sparkle x Trixie Lulamoon
Rainbow Dash x Fluttershy
Rarity x Applejack
Pinkie Pie x Cheese Sandwich
Diamond Tiara x Silver Spoon
Celestia x Discord
Trenderhoof x Blueblood
Soarin' x Braeburn
Spike x Sweetie Belle

• Brohoof 1

They're cute, in the same way some of the Sonic ships are adorable. They just felt wrong sometimes when some of the characters haven't met or talked to each other or they are both from the same sex. I can understand that in humans,and I don't mind it, but in PONIES, it's very weird to see gay or lesbian love.

Edited by Darker
  • Brohoof 3

They just felt wrong sometimes when some of the characters haven't met or talked to each other

Agreed here.

Ships almost always make little sense, but there is a point when it makes absolutely no sense. Talking about stuff like Rainbow Dash X Lyra, Soarin X anyone that isn't a Wonderbolt or Rainbow Dash, basically any ship with a background pony and a main character, etc. :unsure:

Edited by Megajack
  • Brohoof 2

The only ships I like are 

Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich

Soarin and Rainbow Dash

Derpy and Doctor Whooves

Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry.

I frown upon most shippings, but I like these four, and Derpy and Doctor Whooves happen to be a major part of my fanfic, which also has an OP and Lightning dust featured(Non shipped)

• Brohoof 1

While i really doubt they would introduce any kind of shipping in the show, i have to say that some shipps may have a chance.

I consider Flashlight and Fluttercord the one with the highest chance of being shipped in the show, cheerimac too.

The rest is more or less based on headcanons, interpreting into some scenes too much and some are outright made up.

As said, i doubt it but who really knows?

• Brohoof 1

I guess I never really gave my opinion on shipping yet. Oops.

I'm not really into actually shipping the characters, but I do enjoy art with the ships... ( If you know what I'm getting at. )

I think they're adorable. ^^ It's all in good fun to ship your favorite characters together especially when some of those ships are kind of teased or presented in the show.

I appreciate the intent in ships and how fans show their devotion and interest in the show through their personal pairings. For me personally, I really only support ships that could potentially become canon within the show. For instance, I see potential within the Spike and Rarity relationship given their official interaction on the show, and in some ways, I do actually see some evidence to support the Rainbow Dash- Fluttershy pairing. But those are just my personal shippings.

Personally, I don't really care about shipping. It's fine if others want to do it, but it's something I want to do. Mostly because shipping is non-canon 90% of the time. If I am to ship certain characters, they have to be canon or show hints of being canon.

I do love shipping in all fandoms, from MLP to other ones. Samifer, Destiel, Sabriel, Tenrose, Johnlock, Sheriarty, Drarry, Mystrade... yes, I do so love fandom shippings. Even if they're really ducked up. For example, Samifer is the shipping between Sam Winchester and Lucifer (Yep it's Satan and he's obsessed with Sam). It's a religious experience.

Anyway, my MLP ships!

Daring Do x Rainbow Dash: OTP, I just think they're made for each other and adorkable.

Discord x Fluttershy: It's really cute and their relationship is hilarious.

Rarity x Applejack: See the reasoning above.

Twilight x Pinkie: See the reasoning above.

And of course I ship the obvious ones like LyraxBon Bon, VinylxOctavia, DerpyxThe Doctor, y'know. I also like some other ships such as TrixiexTwilight, FluttershyxRainbow, SpitfirexRainbow, RarityxSpike, etc.

By the way, shipping between two characters that never met is called crack shipping. While it does sound stupid, one of the most popular ships on the internet is Mycroft x Lestrade from Sherlock BBC, and the duo never met.

But shipping wars are stupid.

It's kinda weird how I enjoy shipping but don't understand the concept of love and i'm not particularly interested in love as a whole.

Edited by Shift

They're cute, in the same way some of the Sonic ships are adorable. They just felt wrong sometimes when some of the characters haven't met or talked to each other or they are both from the same sex. I can understand that in humans,and I don't mind it, but in PONIES, it's very weird to see gay or lesbian love.

you say that as if homosexuality doesn't exist in the animal kingdom.

I assure you it does.

I think ships are cute!  :yay:  :wub:

Rainbow dash and Flutter Shy are my number one ship

:P and sometimes I get weird and ship Twilight with Big Macintosh.

nerds need love too, ya know.

• Brohoof 3

I think that some ships are ... not appealing  :confused:

But, my favorite ships include:

1. Bug Macintosh and Ms. Cheerilee

2. Twilight and Flash Century

3. FleetFoot and Soarin

4. AppleJack and RainbowDash

*UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT*

I don't like shipping at all. To me, it's really disgusting and rapes my mind. Particularly with a show like MLP, that was originally meant to be a show for small children. But that doesn't mean I won't watch it any more and dislike the fandom profusely.

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper
  • Brohoof 1