Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have any plants?

碇 シンジン

Do you have any plants to lighten up your house? Do you maybe have garden? 

I don't have any plants I once had but I got tired of watering them and they died. My mom buys those those plastic decoration 'plants' though.

What are your experiences with plants?

• Brohoof 1

i'm terrible with house plants, they always die.  i had a ton of african violets in a bunch of colors, buy my granny thought they were thirsty and drowned them, so i don't have those anymore...

i have a lot of outside plant though.  i have chocolate mint, cinnamon basil, strawberries, some weird plants with blue and orange tips that almost never need to be watered, peppers, aloe, and some weird little flower that keeps coming back to life when i think it's dead.

oh, and the only indoor plant left is the bamboo and a moss ball that lives in a cup.

Edited by ScumCandy
  • Brohoof 1

I live in Soviet Russia, so the plants have me.

Around the house, yup. Have a few palm trees (the one with a "pine cone" looking trunk) on the side, and some.. Random everyday plants I guess :P.

On a side note, I get really annoyed when people say they don't have plants in their house because "they take up oxygen"..... :okiedokielokie:.

Edited by SparkWolf
  • Brohoof 1

I have a few random house plants around, but not that many since I can't be bothered to water them. :P I do have lots of plants outside though; my dad used to love gardening, so we just keep them as a reminder of him :)

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

The garden is a desert of wasps and fire ants, where tree bark is cracked and dry, slowly falling off its long dead mother. Small bushes line the desert, were stems stick out like thorns (which they do wear) and where a ruthless chipmunk lies in wait for his next victim. In this sad excuse of a garden, there sits a single sapling. It was brought to this unforgiving environment by a young girl, put in a relatively safe distance from its natural predators as a seedling, and with a hard layer of protection.

Within its pot the seed sat, drinking in sunlight and water, getting tended to with inexperienced, yet careful hands. Through these luxuries the seed flourished, and slowly but steadily grew stronger. It reached out to the sky, towards the sun. It hoped that, with more help from its caretaker, it would grow to heights as tall as its fallen brethren, and survive three times as long.

I have an avocado tree called Avocabro. Planted her myself!  :smug:

• Brohoof 1

This is Pablo.

deKqwBm.jpg

I have no idea what type of plant he is, but I love him nonetheless. So far, he's the only plant I've ever owned that I've kept alive for more than a couple months (Six months in October! :D)

• Brohoof 2

I got a bit going on with the plants...

• 25 X 4 foot vegetable garden with tomatoes and peppers.
  • Strawberry patch in an old sandbox (no they're not growing in sand).
  • flowerboxes on the deck
  • various potted flowers
  • GIANT elephant ear plant
  • various weird cactus plants and succulents still in their store containers that I hope to do something with one of these days.

I used to have a really cool planted aquarium that snail eggs came into with a plant I added- then it all went to shit :blush:

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1

Oh dear... No. Lol. I really do like plants (especially pines and trees which turn to pretty colors during the autumn like maples), but I somehow manage to fail at taking care of them more than anything else. Like one year my parents bought me this little Christmas pine tree, and it died... No matter that I gave it water everyday.

I fail at plants... I leave them in the hands of others so they can live and bring their much needed beauty to the world.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I've got a couple of the "fake" plants in places such as the bathroom and toilet.

As for other kinds, there's a back garden for a couple of herbs such as parsley, chives and that sort of thing.

And a couple of things in the front. Generally keeping them inside has pretty much been a bad omen for me because I find it so hard to balance the water/sunlight levels that they're receiving.

That delicate balance is hard to keep in check a lot of the time.  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I got a weird vine plant (i hang stuff off it), an aloe vera, a Mother-in-laws tongue, and a barrel cactus...I don't actually like house plants, but they really help me in the winter feel better because there's nothing green....All my plants are water drought hardy, because I easily forget them (even though they are in plain sight)....

• Brohoof 1

I grow lavender, it is always nice to smell that fine aroma, but I am a passionate tulip gardener, I grow Darwin hybrid tulips called lava, because when they blossom, they glow red with a vibrant orange, it looks like a lava flow in a field, hence the name, the tulip is my favourite plant, and it will always blossom in my soul. 

• Brohoof 1

I get really bad hay fever, so I really hate having plants around the house. But we do have some plants here and there, dunno the names of them. And I want to get a pitcher plant.

• Brohoof 1