Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have any plants?

碇 シンジン

I don't think I'm ready to take on the responsibility of looking after a plant, I've heard it can be very time consuming.

Seriously, I don't have any plants but my mum has some around the house.

• Brohoof 1

Yes! At the moment I've got lettuce, capsicums (bell peppers?), jalapenos, basil and carnations growing. 

Random story. In high school I took this dodgy-looking pot plant under my wing because my parents were too busy to look after it. I lived in a fifth storey apartment, and kept it on my windowsil... I called it Fred. Fred got better and was doing fine until one fine day when I opened the wrong window, knocking Fred off the edge - the ground was covered in jungle, and so I was never able to retrieve him. Safe to say I'm a little better at gardening these days. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I have two plants; a Kalanchoe and a Vanilla plant, both from Epcot and both grown in a lab from a plant cell (not a seed). I’ve had them for years now and they’re lovely little plants. They do tend to grow out of control at times, but that’s a good sign considering my bad track record for growing things.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Mellow Mane 🍀 said:

I have about 50 plants in the living room and 40 on the balcony. In the winter most of the plants on the balcony will be put in the living room. I have another ~20 plants in my bedroom.

I'm kinda crazy with plants.

your house is a jungle lmao 

• Brohoof 1

i don't have a yard unfortunately, but i have quite a few plants, most of them outside my window and a few inside, nothing makes a space so nice as quickly as plants, i even have a planted fishtank if that counts

• Brohoof 2

Just some flowers in the yard.

I used to have this plant on the side of my old house that had a really pretty pink flower on it. I was real little when I had it and I remember thinking it would turn into a beanstalk. I also remember saving all the green bean seeds from dinner at one of my grandparents’ houses and thinking they would be like those magic beans that grew into a beanstalk. I was gonna plant them in the backyard. I think I thought that’s how I grew the pink plant, but I’m pretty sure that’s not how that works.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Just some flowers in the yard.

I used to have this plant on the side of my old house that had a really pretty pink flower on it. I was real little when I had it and I remember thinking it would turn into a beanstalk. I also remember saving all the green bean seeds from dinner at one of my grandparents’ houses and thinking they would be like those magic beans that grew into a beanstalk. I was gonna plant them in the backyard. I think I thought that’s how I grew the pink plant, but I’m pretty sure that’s not how that works.

Aww! (:()

• Brohoof 2

Well currently my only indoor plant is a small cactus I have in a small pot down on the kitchen table in front of the window, all my other succulents and plants died :muffins:

I do however, have a garden out on my back deck :proud: Since the HOA won't let me touch the yard to put my plants in the ground, I use large pots that I have sitting out on the deck to plant all of my flowers in. In years past I've had things like peppers and tomatoes growing in my pots, but I never could seem to get a very big harvest from them. So last year I decided to plant exclusively flowers, and they've actually done really really well! They bring some much needed color to my backyard, and I liked them so much that I decided to again this year plant only flowers in my pots :squee: