Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Heterophobia became a thing

ShintX

53136__safe_oc_straight_crossover_fallou

I think a most excellent prank is make your parents believe that you're about to tell them you're gay, and then with a straight face, you say "I'm straight" and just watch as they get this look on their faces:

94408-Ice-Cube-HUH-wtf-WHAT-THE-FUCK-4pA

I want to do that so bad.

Obviously, I can't because I'm bi, but I think I can get a friend of mine to do it...

Heterosexuality will always be considered the norm because it is required for humans to even reproduce. Yeah, there are some legitimate heterophobes out there, but they are a very small minority

If heterophobia was a thing we'd all die of underpopulation, but I have seen that video and it's really cool.

Unless mpreg became a thing but WOAH I spend too much time in the spn section of ao3 and let's get off that subject okay?

To be honest we could use more gay people, or at least people willing to not reproduce, considering how close we are to overpopulation.

Edited by Omega Centauri
  • Brohoof 1

Interesting question. But in a way, I don't think so.

However, I can see a Christ-centered, God honoring, biblically based marriage as being frowned upon in the future: that is to say if marriage isn't already considered as defunct by society at that point.

Just gonna say this- biblical marriage is nothing like modern western marriage. It's an ownership deal were the owner(father) of the of the goods(bride) gives it to the new owner(husband). Also, bible based marriage allows men to wed many wives, but no woman can do so.

It would be both hilarious and disgusting; just like homophobia.

Watching what's happening with Tumblr, it doesn't look like that much of an improbable scenario TBH.

Heterophobia IS a real thing on tumblr already.

Thank goodness tumblr is not a big thing outside the internet.

I'm pretty sure we've been programmed for thousands of years to frown upon homosexuality. Times are changing for sure, but to actually reverse that. It seems near impossible if you ask me, what with all of the social conditioning.

Eh, not really. Hating (male) homosexuality had only been programmed into people of the middle east until Christianity spread the lovely hate.

Pretty much all other big cultures were fine with it and considered it better than sleeping with the lower sex. "Men was for love, women for heirs" was the standard in many places. What was frowned upon was being the bottom in the relationship, because you were too womanly then. :P

As for the hate for female homosexuality, it just kind of followed along.

It's also funny to consider where the ban on sex before marriage comes from- the area where judaism would eventually ban it was originally full of temple prostitutes, who had sex for the glory of the gods. Prudish priests and a change in doctrine for some(as the jewish God evolved out of one of these gods, probably several, really) is the reason.

• Brohoof 3

Eh, not really. Hating (male) homosexuality had only been programmed into people of the middle east until Christianity spread the lovely hate.

Pretty much all other big cultures were fine with it and considered it better than sleeping with the lower sex. "Men was for love, women for heirs" was the standard in many places. What was frowned upon was being the bottom in the relationship, because you were too womanly then. :P

As for the hate for female homosexuality, it just kind of followed along.

It's also funny to consider where the ban on sex before marriage comes from- the area where judaism would eventually ban it was originally full of temple prostitutes, who had sex for the glory of the gods. Prudish priests and a change in doctrine for some(as the jewish God evolved out of one of these gods, probably several, really) is the reason.

I suppose that's a pretty good point, I don't know the details of this kind of thing but even still, a vast majority of people would have it programmed into us, as can be seen and it even seems unheard of in this day and age. In some places, Gay marriage is still not allowed.Eliminating those kinds of views would certainly take a lot of time and work.

Unless a vast majority of people became homosexual, I don't see it happening any time soon!  ^_^

I know, but I meant something like some big movement or it becoming the norm. Something like this:

Oh I've seen that video before.

It's pretty sad and makes a great point not to look down on someone for their sexuality, whether they be straight or not.

• Brohoof 1

Just gonna say this- biblical marriage is nothing like modern western marriage. It's an ownership deal were the owner(father) of the of the goods(bride) gives it to the new owner(husband). Also, bible based marriage allows men to wed many wives, but no woman can do so.

Yet most, if not all Christians understand that marriage is between one man and one woman, and that marriage is not a man "owning" a woman as though she were some form of slave but creating a covenant with that woman?

Need I point to the first marriage in history? That which is recorded in Genesis 2? Where God had joined Adam and Eve together? There was only one man and only one woman. And the man did not claim her as though she were mere property, but rather instead God had provided her as a companion and a helper to man: as an equal made out of man and for man.

Ever been on Tumblr? If you leave the Safe Zone of the pony ask blogs and hilarious image blogs, you'll see... The world kinda already is.

Look at how many Sam+Dean Supernatural Shipfics/Clopfics there are.

Now look at how many Sam+Any female character or Dean+Any female character shipfics/clopfics there are.

• Brohoof 1

Yet most, if not all Christians understand that marriage is between one man and one woman, and that marriage is not a man "owning" a woman as though she were some form of slave but creating a covenant with that woman?

Need I point to the first marriage in history? That which is recorded in Genesis 2? Where God had joined Adam and Eve together? There was only one man and only one woman. And the man did not claim her as though she were mere property, but rather instead God had provided her as a companion and a helper to man: as an equal made out of man and for man.

...Are you honestly arguing Genesis puts Adam and Eve on the same level? Eve is literally created because Adam is lonely.

Do you know the naming things as well, by the way? Being the one to name things is a big thing in mythology, and most certainly in the Bible- Adam gets to name all the animals because that gives him dominion over them(and he gets to name Eve as Adama), God marks his ownership of Jacob with the name Israel.

Heck, it even outright states that she should be outright subservient after the fall.

Most Christians accept marriage works the way it does today because of societal changes, not because of the bible. It's the secular world, not the christian faith that brought this on.

Edited by RWB

Isn't that a thing on the deepest parts of Tumblr I dare not venture in. I've mentioned these kind of things before blah blah it's hypocritical blah blah blah they say they're fighting for gays to be treated equally when they then say that people shouldn't be hetero blah blah blah it's similar to taking feminism too far blah blah.

Look at how many Sam+Dean Supernatural Shipfics/Clopfics there are.

Now look at how many Sam+Any female character or Dean+Any female character shipfics/clopfics there are.

That's because shipfics are mostly written by heterosexual women who find dudesex to be really fascinating and erotic.

Guys usually don't bother with "erotic literature" and go for more visual things like r34 pics.

This was an entertaining video.  I generally like anything that challanges the norms, raises awareness, and basically opens peoples' eyes and minds.  In my opinion, flipping things around and making a video like this helps to illustrate how silly homophobia really is, and epmphasizes the importance of accepting others.  If a gay hater could live in a society where their heterosexuality was hated for a little while, it might do wonders to change their perspective.  To me, this video kind of falls in the whole walk-a-mile-in-someone-else's-shoes category.

• Brohoof 1

You know, I actually saw a 1-panel comic related to this, once. Basically it was about fangirls who go crazy over their yaoi shippings. I think the comic depicted some girl browsing the internet, and she was saying "Hetero? That's unnatural!" Of course, this comic was probably just for the lulz.

I know, but I meant something like some big movement or it becoming the norm. Something like this:

Ah, yes, I remember this video. Someone on Tumblr shared it. It shows how wrong it is to discriminate or bully someone based on their sexuality. It's actually more about supporting the LBGT and their life styles than anything, and does so by making heterosexuality the minority rather than the norm. The video at the start of this topic? I guess it also does the same thing, they even use the derogatory word "Breeders", but this one definitely brings the message home. I don't think it's about Heterophobia.

I doubt Heterophobia will ever be the norm across the majority of society, not after modern societies have fought so long and hard to dispel Heterophobia and other kinds of discrimination and hate mongering. I almost cannot take it seriously. However, I do know that times are changing, and it is getting harder to maintain lasting relationships. I remember seeing a video about how some desperate people would rather have virtual boyfriend and girlfriends instead of trying to get a real one. I know the drama of relationships can be too much at times, but that is just sad and pathetic...

• Brohoof 2

Of course, Heterophobia would be idiotic and strange like any sexuality-phobia. You know what would be really weird though? Biphobia. It would be some strange Asexual master race cult. Or Asphobia...Sexual phobias are just dumb.

I think Kyoshi said it best with his response.

I agree and probably would have posted something similar.

What a thread though... :-(

They do exist, like that one girl on tumblr who believes anyone who is comfortable with the body and sexuality they were born with is scum that should be killed and made up her own sexuality based on magical girls yet then begs same people for money to afford her meds. Etc.

This is becoming a thing, mostly because of stupid people who believe that heterosexuals are "oppressing" everyone, even those who support other sexualities and don't believe it to be "evil".

Edited by C9 Bubble