Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Heterophobia became a thing

ShintX

Want to have the perfect spot/place where "heterophobia" is rampant? Hit up Ferzu. It's the funniest place if you want this sort of stupidity running rampant.

Irrational fear of heterosexuals? What drugs are you on? You were MADE by heterosexuals. We are also the largest demographic on the planet..

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I think it already might be a thing somewhere in this vast world. Everyone hates everyone because they are different, that's just a universal human truth, and it will keep happening as long as there's at least two humans. 

• Brohoof 2

On 9/28/2020 at 8:58 PM, ExplosionMare said:

I read an MLP fanfic once where this mom had heterophobia because she hated men and would only allow her daughter date mares (she was bi so that wasn’t a HUGE issue, at least until she found a stallion she liked).

Radical!

• 8 months later...
On 2019-10-23 at 6:19 PM, Somebody that Exists said:

I think there's a few delusional backwards bigots that think heterophobia is a real thing. :unamused:

There are people who hate stairs these days, of course heterophobia is a thing by that logic :mlp_yeehaa:

If there was a widespread irrational fear of heterosexuals, I am thinking these would be some possible implications:

-Non-heterosexuals would be the dominant demographic (given that non-heterosexuals must be the minority of the population, I would wonder if social engineering will be necessary to achieve this) or else there would not be widespread antagonism against heterosexual (unless there is a situation where most or all heterosexuals hate themselves for their sexuality).

-Sex for pleasure is considered to be morally good whereas sex for producing offspring is considered morally evil (the distinction between the non-heterosexual and heterosexual obviously being that the latter can reproduce; that reproduction is associated with heterosexuality, I would think that the concept of the family would be widely opposed).

-Non-heterosexuals will also largely die out quite quickly as they cannot reproduce. If there is still interest in maintaining the human population, perhaps there would be government policy where it is every man's duty to impregnate a woman or a minimum number of women a certain minimum number of time and it is every woman's duty to give birth to some minimum number of children regardless of their actual sexual preferences (perhaps there would be a ministry of reproduction that assigns people's sexual partner; perhaps it would be the norm for most individuals to have a partner with whom they are actually intimate and another partner with whom they associate solely for serving their reproductive duty). If this policy is considered to be normal by the general population, then I wonder if the concept of a couple in a relationship would be considered "outdated". Alternatively, the government would enforce the minority heterosexuals to be very actively engaged in reproduction; the minimum number of children a heterosexual woman would be required to birth may depend on the population difference between non-heterosexuals and heterosexuals. In the case where it becomes a civic duty for people to reproduce, I suppose this also means that rape would be considered to be a comparatively lesser evil than is actually considered in the present reality.

-Families would be rare and/or would take on a form very different from what we are familiar with (father, mother and children).

-All other things being equal, I would expect the non-heterosexual to have a higher time preference (i.e. be impulsive and short-sighted) compared to the heterosexual as creating a family of their own would not be an option for them; it is more likely that they will not care about whatever will happen in the world after they die whereas a heterosexual is more likely to care about what will happen in the world after they die as they can still potentially produce their own offspring (but this would not apply to heterosexuals who have no interest in starting a family of their own). So long-term planning would be comparatively rarer.

• The topic was locked