Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria is real... No seriously.

WunderWaffen_

I was driving through my fair country of South Africa, and it just dawned on me.

There is a place called Equestria in South Africa. So after a little Google Maps I found the exact location. Take a look!

https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Equestria,+Pretoria/@-25.763325,28.338155,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x1e955e5c875906fd:0xa65176214cdebc80

200_s.gif

• Brohoof 9

What the f...... Okay, I'm out. I'm out, I'm done with life and existence, with time and space. This is madness and Sparta all together. Chuck Norris has been defeated by an ant and has died, and God exists after all.

I'm done.

• Brohoof 20

Here's why Equestria actually exists, or potentially can.

1) One of the implications of Inflation Theory is that the actual size of the universe is to the size of the observable universe, as the size of the observable universe is to an atom. So at scales that large where you're talking about a universe a googol meters across, there's only so many ways the atoms that comprise a specific volume can be arranged, and one of those arrangements has to be a pony with the physical dimensions of our MLP characters. And for that arrangement to happen it would probably have to be in an environment that lends itself to the creation and survival of such a creature. 

2) Presumably there is a civilization out there that has mastered virtual reality, and can upload your consciousness into any kind of world you wish to live in. There's talk of scientists in our own civilization that can upload your brain in such a way as punishment, and run your brain at speeds millions of times faster than they run now, effectively forcing you to live a thousand year prison sentence in about 8 hours. I actually remember an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space 9 that had this, and I can't believe that we're actually talking about making it happen for real. This could easily be used for good as well, letting you live as a pony in Equestria, through many lifetimes, or even one continuous one, all in the span of a day.

I also wonder if a hypothetical advanced species could upload your brain into one of these worlds after death, letting you spend the rest of eternity in this world. My question is how would they know for sure if it's your consciousness entering this world, or just an exact copy, meaning you still die and that's the end of you, but an exact copy of yourself gets to live as a pony. That might actually be the utimate piss off, if I'm the one dying. I guess I have to reference Trek again, because one of the scary implications of quantum teleporters, which they NEVER talk about on the show is that you essentially die the moment your body is broken down in the teleporter, and that's an exact copy of you that emerges on the planet below.  

Edited by EquestriaGuy
  • Brohoof 8

:o First Brony, Poland, and now this?

They say we're a long way from Equestria, but them damn Pretorians are lucky!

Stellenberg Road is now Stallionberg Road. I'm calling it.

Lets find Carousel Boutique.

There are apparently not one but 2 boutiques in the town. Let's take them both!

I also wonder if a hypothetical advanced species could upload your brain into one of these worlds after death, letting you spend the rest of eternity in this world. My question is how would they know for sure if it's your consciousness entering this world, or just an exact copy, meaning you still die and that's the end of you, but an exact copy of yourself gets to live as a pony. That might actually be the utimate piss off, if I'm the one dying. I guess I have to reference Trek again, because one of the scary implications of quantum teleporters, which they NEVER talk about on the show is that you essentially die the moment your body is broken down in the teleporter, and that's an exact copy of you that emerges on the planet below.  

I've thought of these theories, too, and I think you could dodge this in terms of a virtual world by hooking a biological brain up to a computer interface, Matrix-style, but the problem is you're still living a finite lifespan and susceptible to diseases such as brain cancer, strokes, seizures, etc.

It all depends on how, if, and when the stream of consciousness is reverse-engineered.

PS, while you're all at it, check out the neighborhood of "Wonderboom", which even has its own airport!

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

I want to visit this place, so I can tell my friends that i've been to Equestria.

What? It's not a lie!  :fiery:

Also, there is a town in New Mexico called "Pie Town" and a town in MS that's called "Sandwich".

That's not a part of it, I just think those names are great.

Wow, this is awesome.  But wait, which came first, FiM or Equestria, South Africa?  I just googled it and didn't easily see an answer.  I'm guessing South Africa.  But you never know, some cities actually do things like change their name to some franchise or something to try to capitalize on the popularity.  Definitely not unheard of.  Anyway, this changes everything.  All of these hypothetical "what if Equestria was real" threads will have a whole new meaning.

Also, this seems relevant.

• Brohoof 2

I also wonder if a hypothetical advanced species could upload your brain into one of these worlds after death, letting you spend the rest of eternity in this world. My question is how would they know for sure if it's your consciousness entering this world, or just an exact copy, meaning you still die and that's the end of you, but an exact copy of yourself gets to live as a pony.

There's this similar thing that you might have heard about. It's called prophecy.