• Entry 3
    • Entry 4
    • Entry 5
    • Entry 6
    • Entry 7
    • Entry 8
    • Entry 9
    • Entry 10

And this is why I will not be participating in any future contests on this site.

Now that's just overreacting. He wasn't saying the banner was bad he just doesn't like trixie. Just because one person is being insensitive is no reason to get mad and not want to participate ever again.

Now that's just overreacting. He wasn't saying the banner was bad he just doesn't like trixie. Just because one person is being insensitive is no reason to get mad and not want to participate ever again.

It is not just what he said, it is how these contests are done overall. That comment was basically salt on that wound, it was like 'yeah, flat out ignore all other entries and just vote for this one just because!' That is how this whole thing has felt to me. Due to that, the 'fun' of this contest was ruined very early on for me. I have already sent my suggestions on how to improve these contests but until those are implemented, I don't see the point. Just my opinion on that.

Well, I know which one Seth would pick!  ;) (That one is pro'ly gonna win.)

Also, I say six due to... Video Games. (Insert nonexistent Button Mash emoticon here.)

Edited by GypsyMagic

@,

Hey. I really like #10, it's a great banner, despite me not making it, and i'm part of this competition too. Seriously, though, don't encourage people to delete their votes. Let them vote for who they want, mate. I'd be nice if #9 won but if #10 wins, no hard feelings. I'm sure he or she worked hard. This is a friendly competition!

@

Wooooaaaahhhh mate. Don't you think you're being a bit sensitive? So one person said something crappy and without thinking, that doesn't mean you shouldn't not participate in any other contests. So what if your banner doesn't win? I'm cool if mine doesn't win. If there's one clear winner, that's because people really liked that banner and thought it was better than the others. This is a fair, non-biased competition. If you don't want to participate, it's your decision, but you're being way too hasty.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Hey. I really like #10, it's a great banner, despite me not making it, and i'm part of this competition too. Seriously, though, don't encourage people to delete their votes. Let them vote for who they want, mate. I'd be nice if #9 won but if #10 wins, no hard feelings. I'm sure he or she worked hard. This is a friendly competition!

@

Wooooaaaahhhh mate. Don't you think you're being a bit sensitive? So one person said something crappy and without thinking, that doesn't mean you shouldn't not participate in any other contests. So what if your banner doesn't win? I'm cool if mine doesn't win. If there's one clear winner, that's because people really liked that banner and thought it was better than the others. This is a fair, non-biased competition. If you don't want to participate, it's your decision, but you're being way too hasty.

I already addressed this, it wasn't just what he said, it was that it supported the whole atmosphere that this contest has given me. From day one the winner was obvious. Okay, so that means that they liked it more than the others, right? Well....my question is, why? That doesn't tell us anything if they say 'Oh uh, because Trixie!' If you did not vote for mine, fair enough, but to not even give a proper reasoning to why that one was better leaves me in the dark entirely. It makes me think that the only reason was due to character bias and nothing more. It definitely looks that way when I read through the replies. Trust me, I am not the only one that feels that the fun was sucked out of the contest because of this. With that I mean no ill will towards any entries or 10 in particular. It is just what I have noticed.

In terms of me participating in future ones, it isn't that mine isn't going to win, it's how the contests are done overall. I explained this and was asked to give suggestions if I had any and I already sent those, so it depends on those I guess. Other than that, I don't see how the future contests won't end up the same way.

I already addressed this, it wasn't just what he said, it was that it supported the whole atmosphere that this contest has given me. From day one the winner was obvious. Okay, so that means that they liked it more than the others, right? Well....my question is, why? That doesn't tell us anything if they say 'Oh uh, because Trixie!' If you did not vote for mine, fair enough, but to not even give a proper reasoning to why that one was better leaves me in the dark entirely. It makes me think that the only reason was due to character bias and nothing more. It definitely looks that way when I read through the replies. Trust me, I am not the only one that feels that the fun was sucked out of the contest because of this. With that I mean no ill will towards any entries or 10 in particular. It is just what I have noticed.

In terms of me participating in future ones, it isn't that mine isn't going to win, it's how the contests are done overall. I explained this and was asked to give suggestions if I had any and I already sent those, so it depends on those I guess. Other than that, I don't see how the future contests won't end up the same way.

Hey,Kyoshi. Was yours the one with Button Mash?

@,

#9 had Trixie in it too, y'know. And a LOT of people say 'because ____' as reasoning. This is the internet / the forums. You're not going to get a very detailed answer. #10 was excellently done and I really, really liked it, and it was very simple. It was extremely well done, and that plus Trixie, who is a well-liked and very awesome character, they thought it was the best. People are going to vote for a banner because they liked Trixie over Flutterbat, or Trixie over Rarity, etc. Look at the last competition; despite not winning, dozens were voting for the Rarity banner because they like Rarity. It's opinion. And I highly doubt your suggestions can change what others think.

@,

I don't believe we're supposed to say in case of user bias.

Edited by Shift

Hey,Kyoshi. Was yours the one with Button Mash?

Yes, it was. Might as well say it now since it will be forgotten as soon as this contest is over with and it is almost over. It has already lost. Why do you ask? Many have made the connection between it and me. I guess it was obvious in some ways.

Yes, it was. Might as well say it now since it will be forgotten as soon as this contest is over with and it is almost over. Why do you ask? Many have made the connection between it and me. I guess it was obvious in some ways.

Because,in my opinion,it was the best banner in the contest.

I really liked the retro feel to it. :D

@,

#9 had Trixie in it too, y'know. And a LOT of people say 'because ____' as reasoning. This is the internet / the forums. You're not going to get a very detailed answer. #10 was excellently done and I really, really liked it, and it was very simple. It was extremely well done, and that plus Trixie, who is a well-liked and very awesome character, they thought it was the best. People are going to vote for a banner because they liked Trixie over Flutterbat, or Trixie over Rarity, etc. Look at the last competition; despite not winning, dozens were voting for the Rarity banner because they like Rarity. It's opinion. And I highly doubt your suggestions can change what others think.

@,

I don't believe we're supposed to say in case of user bias.

Yes, she was in that one too, but that one had a different point. 10 focused entirely on her and made her the center of attention obviously so of course if people are wanting a Trixie banner immediately will vote for it. I know I will not get a detailed explanation, but that is a part of my problem with it. It is like if I were judging some paintings and immediately decided to vote for one because it stars a video game character I like and I list that as my only reason. It just isn't very informative and doesn't tell the other contestants anything.

What needs to be done and this was my suggestion, we need it have a vote beforehand asking what people want to see, what type of banner. Like what character, theme, and whatnot. Then we can have the actual contest be based around that stipulation. That way, character bias can potentially be out of the equation and everyone will get a more clear picture on what to make. I think this would work best. By the way, in regards to the past contest, it had the same thing as this one and again, I am not the only one who seen that.

That is pretty much all I have to say at this point. Like you said, my suggestions don't matter, my words don't really matter overall actually.

#8 for me. Love Celestia and I really like the clean style. Maybe tone down the yellow aura a bit. #10's got a very nice clean style too, I can get behind that  :)

Edited by Jaref

@,

yes i realised my mistake and edited my post. Unfortunately there is nothing i can do about the quotations, only the posters can change it. But to clear up any misunderstandings, i apologise for saying what i said. I just got carried away and said stuff i regret. All banners are great, people, support your favourite banner please :)

@,

Your suggestions do matter. They can change the way of the contest, but they can't change how people think. And I don't like the theme thing anyway, it kind of limits my creativity. It might be nice for holidays, though.

Anyway, you made good points, so I do hope that you make some more banners one day. And I really liked the Button Mash banner.

I voted 10.  Altough I loved them all, 10 had to be my favorite for a few reasons. :wub:

One of them being, I loved 8 very much, but it was just a little...too simple.  :please:   10 was simple, but had some kind of "touch" to it, witch made it perfect.  It was simple, but not too simple. :smug:

Another is that Trixie is a great charecter, her personality and attitude is very uniqe.  :D   I think she needs to be shown more love, she is The Great And Powerful Trixie, after all! ;)

2w4k007.png

Edited by SassyDashie
  • Brohoof 4