Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia has a dead sister theory.

ScarfaceOne

In MLP Friendship is magic. It is implied that Cadence is Celestia's niece. According to a fridge horror article. Cadence walks down the wedding stairs alone. Usually the father of the bridge gives her away to the groom. Implying that her parents are dead. Meaning that Celestia has a dead sister, perhaps one who was killed in Nightmare Moon's Rage? Was there a Triumvirate? I really don't know. But I hope you can explain this to me.

Automatically I have problems with any theory that uses "it is implied" as its base and builds off that. If it isn't fact, then the rest is just conjecture.

I Might have found this, Celestia adopted her as her niece, but shouldn't she really be an adopted daughter? 

Princess Cadance is featured in the chapter book Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell.[9] The book tells the story of Twilight Sparkle after she'd been made an Alicorn and seeks advice on being a princess. She turns to Cadance, who tells her life story, how as a baby Pegasus she was found in the woods by Earth ponies, who took her to their village. When she grew up she reversed a love-stealing spell cast by a pony called Prismia. Prismia wore a magic-enhancing necklace that amplified her evil and jealousy, but when Cadance confronted her, the necklace amplified Cadance's love. Once Prismia changed her horrible ways, Cadance was surrounded by magical energy and transported to a strange place where she met Celestia, who adopted her as her royal niece.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, interesting..

In the season one finale, Rarity says that Prince Blueblood is Celestia's nephew. Doesn't this mean that Prince Blueblood is Cadence's brother?

Cadence's Adoptive brother. I am not sure if the aforementioned book is canon or not. If it is not. Then Celestia definitely has a dead sister.

• Brohoof 1

Are the books Canon or not?

Yes, the books are canon. However, please bear in mind that the writers did not do a very good job when it came to continuity. Thus, there will be discrepancies between the show and the books (even within the show itself). 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, the books are canon. However, please bear in mind that the writers did not do a very good job when it came to continuity. Thus, there will be discrepancies between the show and the books (even within the show itself). 

Great, just like metal gear.

• Brohoof 2

Great, just like metal gear.

One thing has been confirmed though, Chico is NOT Quiet.

I would say the books are more of an alternate universe thing, sorta like Equestria Girls.

Metal Gear, Warhammer 40k, Fallout, MLP...it's like I start enjoying a franchise and the canon immediately turns inside-out.

For a while I figured that the Two Big Girls having a dead sister/brother would be the only way to explain how they supposedly have great-great-great-times-whatever nieces/nephews, so yeah, I like the idea, but that got me thinking about Alicorn biology and genetics, so I stopped thinking about it. I guess that we could just call Celestia's family tree "complicated" and move on.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, interesting..

In the season one finale, Rarity says that Prince Blueblood is Celestia's nephew. Doesn't this mean that Prince Blueblood is Cadence's brother?

Supposedly Blueblood is a distant relative through some ancient marriage only. Which brings up OTHER questions. Is there a 3rd sister? Some fan works do go there.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing has been confirmed though, Chico is NOT Quiet.

I would say the books are more of an alternate universe thing, sorta like Equestria Girls.

Why would Chico be Quiet? He's a boy and he would not even THINK about getting a sex change.

If the books are Alternate Universe. Then that means that Cadence is biologically Celestia's niece!!! But that means that Celestia has a dead Brother or Sister. My theory, there was a triumvirate, and someone similar to Natla from Tomb Raider was part of that Triumvirate. And what happened was this member wanted to use the elements of harmony for war purposes. A kind of freak factory. Celestia and Luna being Tihocan and Qualopec. After this member is banished. His influence takes over Luna and Luna becomes Nightmare Moon. And my theory is that the third member of the triumvirate is none other than Sombra. Meaning that Cadence is Sombra's daughter.

Wait when was it implied Cadance is Celestia's adopted niece?

In the book ''Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell''. However, the books do not seem to be Canon and the writers screw-up the canon alot. Inconsistencies include how Cerberus got out of prison. What Tirek was doing when he got out 2 years prior. And of course the Origins of the keys and the elements of harmony. MGS also has the same inconsistencies.

• Brohoof 1

Well, according to the books, Cadance is adopted.  Either way, that doesn't explain how Blueblood can be her nephew. Maybe Celly adopted another pony as a nephew/niece a long time ago 

Well, according to the books, Cadance is adopted. Either way, that doesn't explain how Blueblood can be her nephew. Maybe Celly adopted another pony as a nephew/niece a long time ago

If Cadance has a foal, said foal would also be Celestia's nephew or niece. This concept of grand nephews and adopted nieces could explain Blueblood as a descendent of a previously adopted figure.

The prevailing theory (if you want to call it that) is that Blueblood is some kind of relation, but the reason he exists at all is because they needed a prince for Rarity at the Gala. Never underestimate the writers horrible attention to detail and continuity. The novels (especially) and comics are a good way to get back story and a better understanding of the show, but it's by no means perfect or full proof.

Edited by Nature's Spell

If Cadance has a foal, said foal would also be Celestia's nephew or niece. This concept of grand nephews and adopted nieces could explain Blueblood as a descendent of a previously adopted figure.

Likely. Despite Journal of Two Sisters, most of their past still remains unknown, Celly could have adopted at least another pony as nephew/niece way before that, after all, a thousand of years is plenty of time to do that. Said pony could be the ancestor of Blueblood, since the staff said he's nephew of her by a long ancestry