Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you afraid to cry?

碇 シンジン

Cry  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Are you afraid to cry?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Have you cried in the last 5 years?

• Yes.
    • No.

I'm not inherently afraid, but I'm definitely uncomfortable with crying in front of others. I'm okay with doing it in private, only because it doesn't happen very often.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

I actually almost never cry on the outsude, especially around other people. Not because I don't feel like it, but because I'm not really capable of doing it, I suppose. On the inside though I cry all the time because my life is pretty f***ing depressing...

Edited by ~Dusky~

I am in no way afraid to cry in front of others.  A few days ago, I cried in the gym because I was mad at some of the news on the tv while I was on the treadmill.  Nobody seemed to notice though, most of the time I have some pretty ugly cries full of ugly sobbing and little tears.  Mostly depends on my mood, if I'm mad it's mostly tears but when I'm sad the ugly crying begins.

I think it depends on what you are crying about.... for me i cry only at the smallest things (like  spelt milk or someone closing a door to fast etc) 

I don’t like crying infront of other people and literally will wait hours to come out so people don’t know that I been crying. 

Edited by Starlighty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually cry really easily. I just do most of it on the inside, but it only takes a little pressure to get me to cry outwardly too.

Usually it's when I'm overcome with guilt, or just frustrated at the life. Happens anytime I'm confronted with those feelings, in front of people or not.

I hate it.

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of crying. It's just very rare that I do. I will easily break down into tears when I get that phone call about a close relative passing away. I can think of a couple instances where I cried from being stressed. mainly in high school.

• 1 month later...

Last time I cried was in RTC, I earned a call home. First time I heard my mom's voice in over a month. It was my first time away from home.

I got teased a bit but I didn't care. They got orange carded for laughing at the AROC, and I got to call cadence. (A song you sing in the military whilst exercising or marching to ensure all participants are working at the same pace.)

Be proud of who you are, but accept no compromises. The only person who's opinion matters to you fully is your own. You owe yourself a life. Don't give it to someone else to run, they have their own.

Edited by E01-US-Nav-2-20-IL

• 8 months later...

I won't cry in front of people, especially not those with whom I work. I've left early several times over the last eight months because of it. And that's really the first time I'd cried in a little over twenty years. Now that it's easier, I do it a hell of a lot more. Though, to be honest, making yourself not cry isn't tough... it's just weakness.

I'm not afraid to cry, but mostly I do it when I'm alone, and well last time I cried was when I lost my first ever partner of RP that I had a crush on...so it was in the category of the last 5 years...but after that I haven't cry once, but mostly because I know that I'm worthless so I learned to live with the fact of the loss and how much of an idiot I am

I used to be, but I think I'm starting to be a little more comfortable with it. I used to laugh at my mom whenever she'd cry after a movie (it didn't always have to even be all that sad), but I think I've softened up over the years because now we cry at the same stuff. I realized it over the holidays, because we cried at all of the same Christmas movies (Klaus and Silent Night were the only ones we watched as a whole family, and we both cried at the end of both movies, though I didn't let anyone else see). I blame her for passing on those genes to me.

I don’t like crying in front of people. It makes me uncomfortable and feel like I’m begging for unnecessary attention. And I don’t like making other people sad. I cry alone. Or on the inside. It’s better that way. 

I won't cry in front of people or show too much emotion as I don't like to appear vunerable in front of others or draw attention to myself. Sometimes you need to let things out but I prefer to do it when I'm alone, although I don't always show it I'm actually quite emotional I just think it's better to try to stay calm and in control of my emotions.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

I won't cry in front of people or show too much emotion as I don't like to appear vunerable in front of others or draw attention to myself. Sometimes you need to let things out but I prefer to do it when I'm alone, although I don't always show it I'm actually quite emotional I just think it's better to try to stay calm and in control of my emotions.

Negative emotions are small drop of charges in a capacitor, sometimes it needed to be discharged or it will explode. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I just feel sad, but as you sad it will drag too much attention on you, and there will always be people who will use that situation against you.

• Brohoof 1

Contrary to popular belief, cowgirls do cry, a lot. You cry when you realize the payout from the crop isn't gonna be enough this year. You cry when you find out the neighbor's dogs got in the chicken coop. You cry when the calf that you helped deliver into this world takes its first steps...….and cry a month later when the sickness it got became too much for it to handle.

It's okay to cry, you just gotta wipe the tears from your eyes and say "next time".

Around other people? Yeah, I have a hard time showing almost any kind of emotion in front of others.

On my own I don't mind crying at all though, in fact it feels kind of good, like a stress reliever. I'll even do it intentionally when I'm feeling really upset and need to just let off some steam.

• Brohoof 1

I cry a lot. It’s embarrassing and I hate the attention, but I can’t control it. On the bright side, it’s probably a lot healthier than bottling it up. 

• Brohoof 1