Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you afraid to cry?

碇 シンジン

Cry  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Are you afraid to cry?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Have you cried in the last 5 years?

• Yes.
    • No.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
(edited)

No. Crying is to show compassion and kindness with yourself. Especially, when you are suffering and need to release the pain.

But I do not cry over the pain that the wicked caused me, I take it all in and turn it into anger like the fire of a furnace to temper the strength of my heart to stay true. I will not be changed by this wrong world. I've seen the hearts of many being shattered, before being turned to the ways of this plane. It converts the soul to a negative of itself, and then they get stuck here. I wonder if that is the reason why people are seeing so many humanoid shadows during body paralysis.

The key out of this ring is the heart. So, you stay true to it, no matter if it hurts.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

I'm not afraid, but I don't cry anymore anyways. If I tried, maybe, but that's not something I'd want to force myself to do.

• Brohoof 1

I used to cry in secret for years, because my older sister once yelled at me for crying in front of her (she admits that she’s “not the nurturing type” even though she raised four kids) 

But then, my brother recently moved back home with me and my parents due to housing costs. I’m very close to my brother, he’s the only person who I feel like I can always be completely honest with and share my genuine feelings with. I cried a lot in front of him when he first moved back home because I’d been bottling it up for so long. He was very patient with me, he understood me.

Now I’m not afraid to be honest about my feelings and I promised to tell my family whenever I’m struggling. 

I completely agree with OP that crying is much better than anger because anger winds up hurting other people. I personally believe that society needs to normalize crying and asking others for help. 

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely not! 

Emotions are so important and crying is an emotion, no matter if happy cry, sad cry or any other kind of crying.

Only rocks are emotionless.

• Brohoof 1

When you cry and has someone who cares for you, it really helps. Showing emotions and getting acknowledged for it, is why we cry. It is the only time I cry.

• Brohoof 1

Sensitivity is usually a sign of compassion, when people cry they are comforting their own emotional instability, forcing yourself to "pretend" you aren't feeling emotions when you clearly are is just an illusion usually for someone that can't afford to show weakness I.E someone with a lot of pressures and responsibilities, or for someone that believes crying makes them look weaker or less emotionally mature. It's immature to pretend emotions are manual, outside circumstances can always change our state of happiness, wellness, the world can be an unpredictable place, some times it's ok to cry when you are overwhelmed, it's a sign that you care and that you still have a good heart and soul, sure.. even a terrible person could cry for themselves, but maybe that's the first sign that they are STILL HUMAN. Emotional people aren't weak, they are STRONG, they have a resolve and their emotions make them stronger, having the ability to care about things is what shows a sign of a true LEADER, it's like that quote from FMAB, when Ling says that a king is NOTHING without his ppl, and that he will NEVER become the monster that the current king is bc he wants to sacrifice his ppl lol. You got ppl that genuinely care about the state of things, injustice genuinely BREAKS THEIR HEART.

No, I’m an emotional bomb however I do not cry around people— I cry when I’m by myself hence the one time I had a breakdown at work people were mad concerned about it (this was due to bad mistreatment of the agency that triggered anxiety— my boss helped tho)

• 1 year later...

Only afraid of crying around others, with the exception of a very select few people. I just don't like feeling that vulnerable when others can see it. 

When I'm alone I'm fine with it. I actually cried a few nights ago because I saw a cat on Facebook with some minor soft tissue birth defects and it made me really sad for the poor cat despite it being perfectly healthy otherwise. It was just so sad knowing how unfair life is to innocent creatures like that.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1