Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

They're decent. While they don't have as much heart as what HG/SS does, OR/AS still feels like it's like the originals. My biggest gripe, however, is that it needs more features. My favourite Pokémon games are Black 2/White 2, and one of the reasons I like it is that you can do so much in the post-game. OR/AS only has these three things - the Delta Episode, the Battle Resort and catching Legendaries. The only one that caught my interest was the Delta Episode, but after that I stopped playing OR/AS. There are also some little features that I'm disappointed with, such as most of the music and how there's no Battle Frontier. I could see why they would make a move like that as connecting with XY players would be easier, but the Battle Frontier has always been one of my all-time favourite features in Pokémon.

That is not to say that I dislike everything about OR/AS, however. For starters, they're not my least favourite remakes. Along with XY, I love the 3D shift, so playing in the Hoenn region in 3D was very fun. Another thing that I like about OR/AS is the new storyline and characters. The original storyline in RSE was rather silly, but thankfully the remakes explained them with more clarification. Seeing your rival have a little more personality makes them enjoyable, seeing Wally more confident in battling at the end of the game is nice, seeing Maxie/Archie being more clear with their goals makes him more of a threat... I could go on and on. One more thing I like is that the old features (i.e., Contests, Secret Bases) feel more lively. While you don't get to do them as much in RSE, OR/AS makes them more better by adding little features like StreetPass. Because of that I sometimes even return to those games and see what new Secret Bases I've encountered.

Overall, I would give OR/AS a 8.5/10. They're not games that I would play constantly, but it does improve some things that were a problem in RSE.

@@LilacSwirl, Hey there, as it turns out we already had a thread dedicated to the Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire video games, so I merged your thread with it. It's best to search for threads that may already be in existence before posting your own, that way we avoid clutters of repetitive topics. Feel free to continue to discuss the games here though! :)

If I may chime in on the discussion myself, I have been casually playing the AlphaSapphire version. It took me forever to finish the game, but I ended with this graceful team of all-female beauties that I'm pretty proud of: (Not a competitive player by any means)

Blaziken (Serious)

Milotic (Modest)

Gardevoir (Modest)

Roserade (Timid)

Altaria (Docile)

Armaldo (Jolly)

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were the first Pokemon games that I really got into back in the day. I had Red version long before, but never got to really play it. I just let my brother finish it for me. So, Sapphire version has always had a special place in my heart. I wish the remakes had more elements from the vastly superior Pokemon Emerald version, but I do really enjoy these games so far. ^^

Mega Gyarados, Volcarona, Latias Vs Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Megazard X

B9RW-WWWW-WWXL-J7AG

Mega Gyarados, Volcarona, Latias Vs Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, Sylveon

VYNG-WWWW-WWXL-J7K5

All three Pokemon make an awesome show in each match. I'm proud of them!

The one match I lost was against both Primals and Mega Diancie, because I didn't bring this team of three. This is what I've discovered: against either Primal and M-Quaza, these three with M-Gyarados leading is an assured victory.

Mega Gyarados, Volcarona, Latias Vs Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Megazard X

B9RW-WWWW-WWXL-J7AG

Mega Gyarados, Volcarona, Latias Vs Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, Sylveon

VYNG-WWWW-WWXL-J7K5

All three Pokemon make an awesome show in each match. I'm proud of them!

The one match I lost was against both Primals and Mega Diancie, because I didn't bring this team of three. This is what I've discovered: against either Primal and M-Quaza, these three with M-Gyarados leading is an assured victory.

Seems like you'd be in for some serious problems with the swords dancing version, but I guess that's not something that's too common.

Nice to see someone sticking it to M-quaza, on any note. :lol:

Edited by Shimmer5000

I got Pokémon: Alpha Sapphire a few weeks ago and I'm absolutely in love with it. It's the first Pokémon game I've played since 2011, when I was addicted to Pokémon Black :D. I chose Torchic as my first Pokémon of the game, and it evolved into a Blaziken recently :D. I have four badges, four to go. My arsenal includes a Blaziken, a Floatzel (thank you, ! You're the best! :wub:), a Pikachu, a Kadabra and a Mightyena. God I love this game :D

• Brohoof 2

I've been playing this game non-stop since it came out and I still keep playing it! It's also the first Pokémon game that I trained my whole team to level 100 which took forever. I was really disappointed that their was no Mega Flygon though. :okiedokielokie:

Currently working on UU and RU tier teams.... Probably will have a good variety by summer. You wanna battle, just pm me with the tier you'd like to take me on in (I play uu ru and nu mostly.)

I mainly play UU and RU as well. I'll have to battle you at some point.