Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your neighbors like?

Phoenix Flair

My first set of neighbors were terrible. Had to worry about gunfights and other gang violence. I believe a meth lab exploded a few blocks down.

We gladly moved, now the neighbors seem just to keep to themselves, which I'm perfectly fine with!

Oh, and one of them got so doped up they tried stealing the tree in our backyard at 2AM!

Edited by Applemunch
  • Brohoof 1

Before she got kicked out of her house, she was crazy. But I guess you can't really blame her since she had schizo. It was scary at times. One time she just walked in our house without being invited in, and another time she was out in the road breaking plates in the middle of the night. She comes back to the neighborhood every now and then, but its been months. The neighbors behind me have dogs that bark a lot but we don't hear them that much unless a window is open.

Those are my only two neighbors 

My neighbors to either side are nice, the left i barely see as she works strange hours for the police. The ones to the right are a nice couple who've just had a kid that they bring around nearly every day for a few hours and are pretty cool. The neighbor that lives opposite me is some form of drug dealer and stopped coming around to our house when they worked out we're related to high up police officials.

Overall not bad, but i dont personally talk to my neighbors very often.

I've lived in three different apartments in the last three years since I moved out from my parents' house. 

My first two apartments were cheap college apartments. The place wasn't bad for the price ($200 a month) and I lived in the same complex, but different units. In my first unit (E16) I was actually cohabiting (fancy talk for being a guy living with a girl or vice versa) but there was nothing going on. She used to ALWAYS have her boyfriend over. He spent the night all the time and it got annoying. I didn't have a problem with HER specifically, but her boyfriend practically lived there too and it was just annoying. He used to tickle her at all hours of the night when I was trying to sleep. She also wasn't the best roommate either. Just kinda gross. I'm pretty clean. Ever since I moved out of my parents' house, I've cleaned my own house once a week. I like being clean. Her room was always a mess, she wasn't very good about cleaning her cat's litterbox regularly, and I was always picking up after her. But I wasn't gonna get pissed about it because it wasn't all that bad and I made most of the mess in all other areas but her room so it wasn't that big of a deal. My second roommate I had in B11 was also messy. Well he was only messy. My first roommate (the girl) was filthy. I could deal with my second roommate's messes with no qualms. Anyway, I guess we're here to talk about neighbors, but I'd go as far to say that roommates are kinda like neighbors that live with you lol 

#1: E16 (July 2012 - June 2013)

So anyway I had fucking terrible neighbors when I lived in E16. Seriously, they partied...all...the...time. They blared their music as loud as they wanted to and when they wanted to. It was all a party to them. I was a junior in college with an Associate's Degree and I was pretty serious about school. Not a straight-A student. But I don't like C's. And I only have one C on my transcript. I mean, they weren't rude to talk to. I'd spot them from time to time and nod and say hi and bitch about the weather, which was always blazing hot or freezing cold and always windy. One time they were having a party (and I'm gonna diverge for a second here - I wasn't a jackass about their parties. If they wanted to party on a Friday or a Saturday, that was totally okay by me. I'd be frustrated that I couldn't sleep but when you're in college, the weekend is for partying if you wanna throw a party. But Sunday through Thursday...there are people living there who go to college and are actually serious and they need to sleep. Don't party Sunday through Thursday and we're on good terms. Okay, now back to what I was saying). So I can't sleep. It's, like, 3 in the morning on a Saturday - the night was Saturday but on the calendar it was Sunday. So I decided to just go to Walmart and poke around a little while and maybe they'd chill out by the time I got back. Well I did get back about an hour later and things were calmer. I'm going back up the stairs, and they offered me a beer. Being only 20 at the time, I declined (now that I'm 22, I do enjoy a little liquor every now and then but I never get drunk...maybe I'm too responsible lol).

Most of the time, I was okay with their partying. But after a year of it, it was really getting old and my patience was running thin. I knew I was gonna move. My best friend from high school called me and said he was transferring from his college so I knew I was gonna move to a different unit by August. Even so, I lived with my parents during the summer anyway because I didn't have a job in college. 

The straw that broke the camel's back with these people occurred in May 2013. I'm wrapping up my junior year. The previous Thursday kicked off finals week. These guys, in normal fashion, are throwing a continuous weekend-long party. I was fine with it (somewhat) until about Sunday evening. Like I said...if you don't party Sunday through Thursday so I can sleep, we're on pretty decent terms. Sure, by Sunday, I was fed up with losing sleep, but it's the weekend and if they wanna party that's fine. But Sunday evening rolls around. It's 10 pm. So I hit the hay. They're still partying. Four hours passed. 2 am. I can hear someone outside throwing up her guts because God only knew what her BAC was at the time. Who knows? Her liver could have been shutting down. I really didn't care anymore. That was the last straw. I finally called the police on these people. The party ceased as soon as they left. No music. No hollering. It was peace and fucking quiet. 

Finals week came and went. I moved home for the summer. Came back a few weeks later, got my things, and moved to my new apartment. All was well.

#2: B11 (June 2013 - August 2014)

My second apartment was actually pretty good. Our neighbors were actually relatively decent people. The only partying they did, really, was a thing they called "Margarita Wednesdays." Which didn't make sense because it should be Margarita Monday, Tequila Tuesday, Whiskey Wednesdays, and so on...and I don't know a drink that begins with "Th-" lol Anyway, these people were actually not bad. They had music from time to time but the walls were thin so I usually put up with their music. I really have nothing bad to say about them :) They were actually pretty decent neighbors. Weird people, but mostly pretty respectful!

#3: College graduation, new job, a panic attack, and my life for the last six weeks (August 11, 2014 - present)

So far, I've had the friendliest neighbors ever since I moved to my new apartment last month. It's only 8 units and rent is high ($695 a month) so really the only people who live here are respectful, ambitious people who have good jobs and pay their taxes...HEY THAT'S A LOT LIKE ME!!! 

Anyway I had a really good experience with one of my neighbors just a second ago. I needed to get my prescriptions refilled. Turns out, after getting my flu shots earlier today, I put my medical card in the pouch with my name tag that clips to my shirt. On my lunch break today, I guess that snapped off. I thought I just left it at the office. Well one of my neighbors found it in the parking alley and brought it up to me.

So yeah. Now I have awesome neighbors :)

@@Phoenix Flair, You know that if you have a really hard time with them, you can call your local police and file a noise complaint, right? Save calling your landlord as a last resort because that could damage their reputation if they need to get a new apartment later down the line. Calling the police on them should get the message across that there are people living nearby who, while they may want to watch LOTR, the movie just isn't as good with only sound. So if they're gonna be that loud, they need to invite you over to watch the movie too. 

But in all seriousness, if calling the police doesn't work, call your landlord and file a noise complaint that way. It would be the ultimate "karma is a bitch" because they'll wanna use that landlord as a reference if they need a new apartment. But if they have a noise complaint with the landlord, that landlord will tell the new landlord the guy is noisy and they may want to take caution in letting him move in. 

Because seriously. It's bullshit that this guy is being rude like that. It's not unreasonable to request that he not disturb your peace. 

Am I the only one who doesn't know who my neighbors are or what they look like despite living in the same area for 20 years? I think the closest interaction I've had with a neighbor was that time my friends and I were just outside the door high as a kite, when we made so much noise we woke the next door neighbor who had their window wide open 2 o clock in the morning. She got up and glared at us from her window scaring us all back inside my house terrified that she might call the police. I think that was the only time I got to legitimately see her face, which I now forget.

She seemed like a nice person..

You know that if you have a really hard time with them, you can call your local police and file a noise complaint, right? Save calling your landlord as a last resort because that could damage their reputation if they need to get a new apartment later down the line. Calling the police on them should get the message across....

Because seriously. It's bullshit that this guy is being rude like that. It's not unreasonable to request that he not disturb your peace. 

I don't think I would do that.  I mean, sometimes it is a bit irritating, but for the most part I like having this odd friend I've never seen.  I like to imagine what kind of person he is, and what he looks like, because I'm a creepy stalker weirdo.  :)  Besides, it's part of the apartment experience to have noisy neighbors, and I'm sure that I've been or will be one sometimes too.

Pretty quiet. I live with my elderly grandparents in a pretty elderly area, so most of my neighbors are retirees who just enjoy the countryside. My closest neighbors, Dan & Mary, are pretty cool. They're also Texas Rangers fans and we've gone to Rangers games with them. We also got Edgar Facundo, and he and his nephews help take care of our cattle and whatnot :D

That's all we got, though. Live on a farm in the countryside, so I doubt it'd be a problem.

I live out in the country... My closest neighbors are family and I honestly cannot stand them. Most of them cannot understand how a computer works and me and my dad's cousin have to fix their problems like good little IT slaves. Heck, I think there are a total of 4 computers between 7 houses in the mile radius of my home. 3 of those are mine...

I've had quite an experience with my neighbours on the right-hand side of my house, the left side are quiet at night, but often have two barking dogs in the garden and I'm pretty sure there's at least  6 or 7  people living in that 3 bedroom house.

The right side though, is cursed. I'm convinced. At first we had a very nice couple living there with there dog for a while and all was good. Then they moved and a new couple came in who I hardly saw and never uttered a word to us for 3 months when they disappeared forever.

Then we got another couple who had huge parties at the weekend with loud music and drunk guests mistaking our house for theirs. Once they were fighting one Saturday night and they barged through our goddamn door. 0-o

Then a single parent with a 20 year old son and a little girl who I would often hear crying at night and nobody ever moved in. It was quite depressing actually.

Then the most recent, another couple just got done for dealing cocaine, so yeah the fun never stops in my street! Now the house just lays there, empty. Waiting...

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane

• 1 month later...

I live in the country next to only one neighbor, whom is very suspicious and nosy. When I simply walk out the door, she will notice because she's always watching. She even mentions exactly what I do to my grandma on the phone like running or punching my heavy bag. It's creepy and makes me paranoid that I can't go outside and do whatever, like scream (gosh I always wanted to scream) but if I scream, she'll call the police I'm sure.

• 6 months later...

The neighbors I know for the most part are nice. However, there is one neighbor that creeps me out (this person is my next door neighbor). I swear this person hates my whole family. Like when my mom drives past her and waves, she never waves back and stares at my mom as she drives past. But this one insident was beyond creepy. So one day I was helping my mom garden and the lady was outside. She was standing on her walkway staring down at us. Trying to be nice, we both waved at her. She didn't wave back as usual and had a blank stare on her face. She was like that for 5 minutes straight.

I remember when her son used to live with her. The dude would blast country music at 5 in the morning while working on his truck. Very annoying.

Wish I could say I knew my neighbors, but they speak Spanish pretty much exclusively. Seem like a nice bunch of people, though. I can dabble a bit in Espanol, so occasionally if one's outside I'll say "buenos tardes" or something, but I can't say a whole lot more with any confidence because it's been 2 years since I could take a Spanish class. What I do know is that they are a rather large family with an infant and at least one other child, and that on occasion they'll have a barbecue party on their patio.

Boring, stay to themselves and that's about it. We have some really annoying rednecks who live across the street from us who have no consideration for anyone else. Constantly driving 4 wheelers on other peoples property, parking their cars in our yard at times, they were racist to one of our other neighbors we are close friends with.... Nobody likes the people that live across from us either had the police called on them many times. 

For the most part none of my neighbors interact with each other and stay to themselves. That's not really a bad thing either though just really boring.

I moved from my old house to a new one so I guess its alright to post here again.... I never talk with any of my neighbors but when I do they seem pretty friendly.... at least they aren't loud...

as for the ones to the right they are practically family we help them in their time of need and they help us they are great people probably the best neighbors I have ever had

its funny how things change when you learn the truth...

On one side I have a couple that argue nearly all the time and when they're not arguing they're most likely stoned. One of them also seems to hoover every single damn day.

On the other side are a couple of gay guys, who are friendly but sometimes they play their music too loud.

I've never met most of my neighbors, in fact I'm not even sure how many there are. The only interactions we ever have with most of them is when a fence is down and the cows get mixed up. The less interaction the better IMO.

The ones we've had the most problems with is an older couple. The woman is a distant relative. She pulls all the strings in the relationship, the man has all the personality and vibrancy of a burnt piece of toast. They've got more money than they can spend and have the attitude that the world was put here for their sole benefit, other people be damned. Every time I see them I must force a smile because we are forced to go through their property to get to a part of ours. I'd love to tell them just were they can stick their snooty attitude. Not to mention all the times they've cheated my family in the past. Someday.      

I don't know my neighbors on one side of us.  But then, that building is always being moved in and out of.  However, our front side faces the only true friend we've met since we came here: The lady of the household.  I'd liken her to an older Applejack, somewhat world-weary but nonetheless stubborn. x3  She's the only inhabitant of this speck of a town (other than, of course, my mother and my Angelbabe) that I know I like.

I'm still getting used to this new neighbourhood, though I admit the neighbours so far are nice. Seeing as I moved last October-early November, it's still a work in progress.

(edited)

I don't know... They're all moving away. I guess they couldn't handle hearing me attempt to learn the oboe anymore. xD

The ones that aren't moving away are the only ones my family has even had any real contact with and they're nice. We take care of their cats sometimes.

Edited by Envy