Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you sleep to?

Bright Bastion

So, I was really thinking about my life recently, reminiscing and whatnot in my old age (of 21), and I can't happen to remember a time where I went to sleep without a fan going. Seriously. Whether it was an AC unit or a normal fan, I have always had a fan in my room. I turned it off the other day and no matter how hard I tried to sleep, I really couldn't, even with ASMR videos going on my computer. So I was wondering if anyone else has this weird dependence on certain noises to fall asleep.

• Brohoof 3

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm dependent on anything to sleep, but there certainly are sounds that make it easier. The sound of a central heating/air system is one of them. Others include: jet engine noise, thunder, road noise (only when I'm a passenger), and high-level mathematics.

• Brohoof 3

• 6 months later...

I usually fall asleep watching livestreams. I also wish I had some pony plushies to comfort me but I'm currently banned from getting them. I have other stuffed stuff though. I prefer to keep one leg out from the covers so I don't overheat and usually prefer a cold environment. When I sleep, I don't dream, when I dream, I don't sleep.

I usually fall asleep watching livestreams. I would love to get a Fluttershy plushie to sleep with which I am banned from getting. I have other stuffed stuff to comfort me. I prefer a colder room to sleep in and usually sleep with one leg sticking out of my bed to prevent overheating. When I sleep, I don't dream, when I dream, I don't sleep.

(edited)

By having some calm music at my side, its also very refreshing to have in background when one wants to feel refreshed on reading :)

Edited by Trine

Most of the time I don't need anything to sleep, and I prefer the silence.

But sometimes I listen to boring songs like this one to help me:

I need my fan on in order to sleep, I've also made a habit of opening this firework display app thing on my PC and letting it run while sleeping, the flashes are oddly calming.

It's either fireworks or the sound of rain, or even both combined with the fan.

• Brohoof 1

I can't sleep without music.  Usually I listen to very atmospheric/ambient music to help me go to sleep and because of that I always have very nice dreams  :)

• Brohoof 1

I have to have music on, has been that way for years. I listen to an Oldies station (which has - much to my frustration - been taken over by cheesy 80s music... Can't really be called "Oldies" anymore -_-) which I also pretty much always have on in the background.

I actually sleep in silence. If there was noise, then it would probably keep me awake.

Central Air/Heating noises. There's also a certain type of cricket that comes out in the late summer and hangs around til' pretty well into fall and i love hearing them. Not sure if it's because of where i live that they hangout or what, but i enjoy the sound. Fans are ok, Music can sometimes make me fall asleep it's gotta be real smooth. Thunder and rain are ok, but i can't stand when thunder is right in my face. It's like yo i wanna sleep, just be far away.