Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do if your best friend was an anti-brony?

ThisAccountIsDead

well considering I don't have a fedora (though I want a girly one) nor a neck beard and my best friend loves me no matter what and is not judgemental i'd say i'd be fine, though if this friend was the way you'd say then perhaps it would be a good thing to find out then instead of later so that you could move on and find a new friend. friends sadly come and go for many reasons but that is the world of life, chances are you'll find a new friend through the things that you like

well my bestfriend showed me the show a few years back but here is my advice to you it is possible to convince him to understand I did that with one of my friends and he actually joined the fandom but if that fails then he is no friend of yours, true friends are always accepting of other friends

if he goes off about hating bronies that's when you want to mention that you are one because if he were a true friend he would feel really stupid and probably apologize for his actions, now if it turns negative then he is no friend of yours that's when you turn your back on him and never talk to him..... unless he apologizes then its up to you

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

I don't think it would be wise if I answered that... But I will anyways!

I'd raise my brow and tell em to fu*k off. Then if they'd continue with the hating, beat the shit out of em.

Yah... I had to do that a lot.

I would stop being their friend. I would not want to be friends with someone who hates others because of the show they watch, and I especially will not want to be friends with someone who uses autism as an insult. They are not worth my time, and I will not be friends with them anymore. 

My best friend of all time is someone I don't know irl, but I know she is way too chill to hate on anyone for something they like. I remember a looong time ago, I mentioned what kind of music I liked, and it turns out she didn't like the same time of music, but she still stayed a loyal and true friend all the way.  So I'm sure that she would be way too mature for that to be a problem, she's the kind who lets almost nothing bother her, she's a very secure individual. If she did end up saying something like that, well, she already knows about my love of ponies. I would laugh it off and assume she's drunk, and if she ever brought it up again, I would remind her that I'm a Brony. Then she would stop and apologize.

Edited by Overlord Valvatorez

I have a lot of friends who are anti-bronies. Am I still talking to them? Yes. Do they accept me as a brony? Yes. That is what true friendship is all about. If a good friend of yours doesn't like the fact that you are a brony and stops talking to you, then they're not a good friend at all, and you shouldn't be worried about it. Good friends accept you no matter what you are. 

reasonably communicate.

it gets me far.

I have a lot of friends who are anti-bronies. Am I still talking to them? Yes. Do they accept me as a brony? Yes. That is what true friendship is all about. If a good friend of yours doesn't like the fact that you are a brony and stops talking to you, then they're not a good friend at all, and you shouldn't be worried about it. Good friends accept you no matter what you are. 

Would your best friends accept you if...

- You are a tulpamancer

- Have been pony hypno'd

- Your best friend is Fluttershy

yeah.

i dont tell people things.

• Brohoof 1

My best friend used to be this kid who we will call Kurt. Kurt and... Joe, we'll call him, were my best friends (I'm still good friends with Joe though) for a while. Then, I started watching MLP. Kurt caught me watching it and made fun of me. He told Joe, who is more accepting, thankfully.

Kurt is a horrible friend.

Look, if they are a true friend to you, they will accept your interests. If you admit to them that you are a Brony, and they make fun of you, they aren't true friends. Now how does that song go?

I would just say he is a completely retard sexist, I would assume I am a brony, send him to the place he belongs[Hell] and continue in my way. I don't care about the show of anyone's preference, but I rather end my frienship than continue one with a hater.

My best friend is already a Brony hater. But I deal with it.  :maud:

I love the guy like a brother, so I don't mention it to him often. Unless I brag about going to the movie or something and laugh in his face about it.  :lol:

I know this is supposed to be a hypothetical question and all, but if my best friend really were that much of a judgmental P.O.S., we probably wouldn't be friends in the first place. It's like when anti-bronies say shit like "You know you'll never get a girlfriend if you like ponies, right?", to which my response is "So you're saying that the type of shallow girl who'd honestly judge a person's character based solely on what TV shows they like - the exact type of anti-intellectual I would immediately disqualify as a potential girlfriend - would choose not to date me? ...I cannot adequately convey how much of a loss this is for me. :( "

Back on track though, if such a thing were to happen, I'd just tell him straight-up to STFU. I obviously don't sport a neckbeard or fedora (or trilby). And even if I did, it wouldn't make me any less of a person just because he finds that particular style unsavory. I'm not autistic, either...and yet again, it wouldn't make me any less of a person if I were.

And then I'd climb aboard the ol' soapbox and go on to berate his ignorant ass for using "autistic" as an insult.

Haha! This kind of happened to me a few months ago. I wouldn't say my friend is an anti-brony, just very skeptical.

I told one of my best friends that I found out about the show and that it's actually pretty good. I expected him to maybe be a little amused at the most

He kind of chuckles and says in a not so approving tone: "You know there is a lot of older guys who like that show and have conventions and call themselves bronies and even dress up like the characters".

Well I was kind of caught off guard because I didn't expect him to even know anything about the show- let alone the fandom. So since he didn't sound too keen on it, that was about all i mentioned of it at the time.

Now I was curious as to how he knew about it. Then I remembered that he went to ComicCon or something like it in Chicago with another friend the year prior. I guessed that he probably went up to some bronies he saw possibly cosplaying there and asked (in a friendly way- he's not a jerk) what they were supposed to be.(If you know him that's totally what he would do.)

Unfortunately that's not what actually happened...HE PROBABLY FOUND OUT THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY :wau:

I asked him a couple months later and it was...HOWARD STERN :o  I was surprised he actually even listened to his show.

Well I looked up the show on bronies to listen to it and I see why my friend sounded the way he did when I first told him about MLP. :okiedokielokie:

Edited by steve88

I would rib him like no tomorrow

"OoOOOooo... Ah shiz, we gotta badass over here. Watch out for this dude he is an Antibrony. All neckbeards flee from the wrath of the gentleman who dedicated his life to complaining about pastel ponies on the interwebz."

And then he would rib me, we would laugh, and then we would move on with our day.

• Brohoof 1

One of my Ex boyfriends was an anti-Brony. It (among other things) is one reason why he broke up with me. Rather shallow of him. Oh well, life goes on.

What I don't get though, is he's an anti-brony, yet he's a furry....which to me is a bit of hypocritical.

That said, I don't really have a "best friend"...But my close friends don't care that I like MLP.

Though, if he did hate me for liking MLP, then the friendship would end. Imean, if you hate me over a TV show I watch, you have problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd probably stop being friends with them.  This might seem shallow, but I just can't bring myself to be friends with anyone whose against a whole group of people.  This extends to people who are homophobic, racist, sexist, biphobic, transphobic, etc.  Hating one person is one thing, but THOUSANDS of people you've never even met?  Even if it rarely came up in conversation, it would still put me off knowing they literally want an entire group of people to disappear off the face of the Earth for something they can't help and/or isn't hurting anyone.