Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do if your best friend was an anti-brony?

ThisAccountIsDead

I wouldn't really care all too much if my best friends were anti bronies.

After all, people are entitled to their opinions and I shouldn't go around trying to change them either.

A true friend wouldn't shun you, so I'd be fine telling him/her about my feelings.

I'd said i like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", and asked why he feel that way. And probably just see how it turns out. I am sure people have their share of dislikes at times :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would either do A.) Chuckle and let them find out for themself. Then when the time comes, I would try to act as calm as I can and tell them a logical reason why they're not all *insert typical antibrony insult*. This worked out well for most cases. If they still continue to be an ignorant asshole, I will treat them like one. B.) Tell them I was a brony on the spot and do all the previous things I mentioned. Or C.) I would laugh at them and say: "believe whatever you want to believe, dude."

I know a lot of people who aren't fond of bronies. Hell, I used to be one of them.

I just tend not to talk about the show or the fandom with them because there are people who have legitimate reasons to not like this fandom, and I'm not going to be one to impose my point of view on them. Plus, I've tried to prove people wrong about a group of people before...only for those people to go and prove me wrong instead.

It's just ultimately not worth it in the end.

I would tell them i'm a brony, then try to understand why he/she doesn't like us. If it's a idiotic, stupid or unjust/baseless response, I have nothing else to say to them. Hell, I block people who don't make rational or logical sense, so they are (metaphorically) out the window!

As the famous words of JonTron: I ain't having that S#!T :mellow: 

Show him how sucessful I am in school (60% A's, 10% B's, 30% C's) then walk off if he continued to pester me, I don't want friends who think my show preference defines me. That's like saying because my phone wallpaper is from my favourite video game (Mother 3, anyone?) I'm obviously obsessed with it to no end.

I think my friend kind of is. But he never ever ever mentions MLP, only once has he brought it up and it was clear he didn't like bronies. I don't really care, but it sucks because I kinda want to know someone irl that watches the show, but I don't want to ask him to watch it if he doesn't like it (even though hes never seen it)

I'd get along with them.

Being a brony doesn't mean i can only be around people who like the show. Sometimes this extends to even people who are somewhat neutral to it. In fact, among a group of three best friends, I'm the only brony, and the two others don't like the show (Though they're not anti-bronies).

If your friendship with your best friends means anything, you won't let this drive a wedge between your group.

one of my friend is an anti-brony so I just fire ponies relate thing at him like "we can get to the next class in 10 second flat" turn he favour thing in to pony form ect... we do get along very well

Edited by applejack husband

Y'know, after watching 3 episodes, my dear friend reached me and told me how he disliked the show.

I was a bit angry then, the way he said it sound almost like an insult, so knowing my brainless-yet easy hearted-friend, I convince him to speak more carefully next time: " Y'know, silly, the way you talk may hurt others" I told him " and y'must know also that there aren't really such a thing like good or bad for a show, It in the end, turn no more than a matter of opinion."

In the end, after a small discussion. He started to respect my hobbies more . specially when I told him that one of his favorite game's developer watch MLP. He was quite surprised then.

That is what happens when you have a simple-minded yet good friend that dislike MLP

Edited by Monsieur Noel

I would slap a bitch  calmly explain to them I'm a brony and that they shouldn't be hating but I respect their opinion. Basically everyone I know knows I'm a brony anyways, and I've never met a single hater in person. For some reason people at my school are really supportive. I draw ponies a lot and people compliment me. I rant on my instagram about haters, and people support me fully in the comments. It really means a bunch to me because I know a lot of people out there aren't as lucky. Sadly, my crush is slightly anti-brony (He's adorable and I can't bring myself to dislike him for his "thats gay" remarks, I simply tell him to stop being rude to people for what they like and what they're interested in, and maybe he should think about it before says that again (not the best way to attract a guy amiright))

Holy hell this got popular! I just read through a lot of your thoughts and I can say it's safe to say I agree with you all! Though in my opinion if that friend is willing to drop you over something so petty, than they were really never friends in the first place. Same thing vice versa. If you're going to drop a friend over their likes and dislikes without getting their opinion over yourselves, I believe you shouldn't have been friends in the first place. Agreed? 

• Brohoof 1

I have been in this exact situation. I was a brony, I told my friend of 14 years about it, he was an anti brony.

I tried, but he was too pigheaded to actually realize what I was talking about was the truth, that we aint all the same and its just a show that we like. But noooooooooooo.

I thought he was the same as me, and he said he thought the same, I never actually knew how close minded he was :/

He just drowned me out every time I tried to even talk to him with hate comments and yelling.

Suffice to say we are no longer friends, which is really sad

and now I feel sad

still

meh

I't happened not too long after I became a brony, I think I still have a thread in the help forum about it.

• 2 weeks later...