Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do if your best friend was an anti-brony?

ThisAccountIsDead

Honestly if they're ok with me than we can be the best of friends. But if you annoy me then that's it. A true friend would like you for who you are. For eg. I hate Naruto. To me it's garbage but I also have friends who are huge naruto fans and I don't care. Hell if they want to talk something naruto infront of me I listen. Why? cuz I like my friends for who they are not what they like or what they don't like.

Edited by AkiraLeeJounouchi
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My best friend is a full developed human beings. There's no more unbalanced behaviours such as hating out of lack of understanding.

We sit down with nature, and talk about art, music, philosophy and life.

We got over that point on our childhood. It would be sad for us to adopt such behaviour at this point. We wouldn't have learned anything about life in said case.

Let's Just start speaking hypothetically.

Let's say you've been a brony for a while (which most of you most likely have) and your best friend doesn't know that you are a brony. One day, you go to casually approach him/her but then he turns out to be an anti-brony, BEFORE you mention it to him, he goes off about hating bronies with all those stereotypical insults you've grown to known and love (Ex. Autistic shut ins who have neck-beards and where those strapping fedoras).

Note: this isn't me asking for advice through hypothetical speech, it's just me being curious about what you would do in a situation like this.

speaking of which...

What would you do?

What you do in the privacy of your own home is your choice, if you want to watch ponies then that's fine, its not harming anyone at all, if they argue with you about it then it shows how dull they are. yeah lets just complain about the show that i don't want to watch for no reason and hate on it even though I've not watched it. If you've tried to convert them to being a brony or forced it on them then its you're own fault, forcing stuff on anyone isn't the right way to go.

Just move to a new subject like sport, games or if you can't deflect or talked about that then the weather.

That or go watch ponies

That or start talking to another friend if you're with them 

Well, my best friend is my boyfriend SparkWolf :squee:, and he likes the show too, so I don't have to worry about that. :P

Assuming I had a best friend that was an anti-brony... welp, it doesn't matter to me. The show isn't a big part of my life (I haven't watched it since the end of season 4) so I guess we just wouldn't talk about MLP or something. I'd just say "Oh okay" and we'd move on :wacko:

I really wouldn't do anything different from normal everyday friendship. Somehow, I'm friends with a lot of people who, despite beliefs, don't care what one or the other does. At least, beyond stupidity, none of us will allow each other to harm ourselves. So really, nothing, just laugh if he/she insults me.

I'd convince him that the opposite is true of course! I mean my friends are good friends to me and they know I (and most bronies with me) don't confirm to those stereotypes at all! So I wouldn't be hard to actually make them think otherwise about them. Sure I wouldn't probably get them to join the fandom or anything and they'd think of it as a tad weirdly too but then again, it is sorta werid people but who cares! This whole world is crazy, there's some wicked shit going on way crazier than men loving ponies for sure :)

Also nothing wrong with being autistic. Most of them might be less socially skilled but it's not like they can help that right? ;)

Tell him/her I was brony... he/she didn't like that? Break their neck and take their lifeless body to my friends place and feed it to some pigs...... what? pigs well eat everything... 

No I'm kidding, if they didn't like it then fine. As long as they don't give me hate for it I don't care....

• 6 years later...

He most likely is according to his personality but I don't mind it at all. He doesn't have to know it neither I need to know everything about him. We have our common interests we like to discuss about

Tell them. If they leave me and disband our friendship, it's not the end of the world. It'll just show me that they weren't a true friend, for true friends accept others no matter what. Maybe that would tug at his/her heartstrings. 

55 minutes ago, Paleopony said:

I would tell him that I'm a brony. If he begins to hate me just because I like a cartoon I would not consider him my friend anymore.

So, -best friend- becoming -no friend-?

Wouldn't you at least drop your best friend down to just "a friend of mine" status?

These kinda topics always have a first post that have more to them than the tile says, so let's see what it is this time... :mlp_wink:

On 2014-09-24 at 1:31 AM, ThisAccountIsDead said:

BEFORE you mention it to him, he goes off about hating bronies with all those stereotypical insults you've grown to known and love (Ex. Autistic shut ins who have neck-beards and where those strapping fedoras).

Wow. Just wow. What a good "best friend" example :Pharynx:

• Brohoof 1

I slap em with more poners....

Yes poners!!! 

" Eat it biatch!!!! You hate ponies!? I slap you!"

* Slaps with a pony plushie with bricks inside.* 

This is how you treat a best friend..... I'm sure that's what he'll do to you too.

Yea, screw it, I'd say it anyway. My close friends are close friends because I know even if they hated something like being a brony, and I turned out to be one, they would think it's ridiculous to not like me anymore. There would probably be a bit of banter and stereotypical jokes but its all just jokes in the end. Also, some friends would feel honoured to know you're sharing sensitive information about yourself to them, even if they respond in a negative way, they still feel it inside.

Edited by Rawzy