Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel lonely at times

ShintX

Sometimes i feel like i wished i had ear to frown down or something.

I dunno, its kinda like little people where i live. I have tons of games and cool stuff, but not so much fun with less people around. Just curious if some of you feel the same way.

• Brohoof 7

I actually get quite lonely at times :/

Sometimes, I wanna message or talk to someone but I'll be too afraid that I'd be bothering them.

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 11

I feel lonely very often, I have no friends, I have no girlfriend, the people who sorround me don't understand me, everyone wants to change me, no one understands my hobbies, my way of thinking; everyone scolds me if I say something opposite to the rest, everyone invents lies about me that are not real, no one takes me seriously, no one understands what I say, no one wants to see me happy...

I tried to meet new people in my fan community and almost everyone ignore me, even on Facebook, I'm sorrounded by lots of negative and lazy people while energic and positive people always ignore me.

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 5

post-26748-0-93767800-1411532149.jpg

There's plenty of people around, but it have pretty bad social anxiety. It makes it hard to interact with folks offline. The friends a I do have tend to be busy, so I have a lot of alone time. It doesn't bother me too much, though. I can be pretty comfortable on my own as long as get some time in with my friends now and again.

• Brohoof 3

Even when I'm among friends, I'm often left out, many times by my own devices, sometimes by their social skills. This causes a deep emotional reaction in me because I'm working on my social skills myself and I feel it's as if I'm a terrible person and no one wants to know me. It's a deep-rooted problem that goes back to my time in elementary school.

I grow a resentment and anger when others are engaged in a potentially interesting conversation and shut me out, or just look like they're having fun and shut me out. A problem I have is assuming the worst and not hoping for the best.

Even among the many friends I've made on the Internet, I become jealous when I see others who do things I wish I could do, or have similar personalities and skill sets to me but have bigger friend circles, more appreciation, and, in some cases, mountains of gift art in the case of my DeviantArt friends, and especially so if I believe they do the same things I do ten times better than I can. Normally the people I should be curious about and more open to are the ones I shut out, and I'm trying to stop myself from forcing this form of isolation on myself.

I know that for as many enemies I can possibly have, my worst one is myself, and I'm trying to change that.

• Brohoof 5

I actually get quite lonely at times :/

Sometimes, I wanna message or talk to someone but I'll be too afraid that I'd be bothering them.

This would be my exact response actually. Loneliness ah sometimes you just have to learn to come to grips with it and move on.

• Brohoof 2

"The meaning of being special, 
is found in a person like you. 
A friend who is so thoughtful, 
in everything they say and do. 

A person who betters my life, 
by being a part of it each day. 
Someone who touches my heart, 
in a special, and unique way. 

A person who's always giving, 
and willing to help all they can. 
Who truly gives from their heart, 
showing they care for who I am. 

This friend I have found in you, 
is as special as one could be. 
And I am so blessed in my life, 
that you've been a friend to me."

• Brohoof 4

ehh.

i got used to being alone. What, from moving from school to school. 

Never really having a best friend since i always moved. or any friends, well yeah i did have friends, but none that i still have contact with. Right now, internet is my friend. and a couple of people i have on the internet are my friends so meh.

• Brohoof 2

I know the feeling, but to be honest I don't have any one to really talk to. I mean, I've said before that internet anonymity really helps me talk about me on a personal level (as wierd as that sounds) But honestly I'm not too alone. At work I have friends and I have several friends that I feel are close to me too. Maybe I put forth too much effort trying to hide my problems from them because they have their own problems because I KNOW them. Sorry if it sounds really insensitive to people on the forums, but I really can open up alot more here.

Maybe this will be more clarifying. I feel that I can open up and talk to everyone more because I don't have to worry about being judged, or it coming up somewhere down the road and it be a real bother. I feel like it's safe to sort of stick my neck out here. 

• Brohoof 2

Yes, of course. I like to think we all do sometimes. I don’t feel as lonely as often as I used to, though.

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 2

Not very often.  I'm a very independent person and I actually prefer being alone a lot of the time.

Of course, I won't object to hanging out with a friend or family member.

• Brohoof 2

Just sometimes? It's dam near all the time for. I been alone for years, when I do eventualy get close to someone they always seem to be driven away and then want nothing to do with me. I'm came to accept I'll always be lonly so most times it doesn't bother me but latly it been tough

• Brohoof 2

Sometimes i feel i have burdens which are mine alone to bear. I end up feeling lonely because i refuse to open up, sometimes even to the people close to me. In retrospect, this might not be the best course of action, but it's how i deal with my life. I don't deny help, or companionship - i just rarely ask for it so people assume i like working solo. 

• Brohoof 2

I used to feel extremely alone and it pulled me into my depression even further. I had a good, but small, group of close friends, but I ended up pushing them all away because of how I felt. When I did get depressed my natural reaction was always to push people away and seek out further isolation, which would only make the situation worse in all honesty. I'd get very self loathing and tell myself that I didn't deserve anyone anyway.

I'm in a better place these days, but still get a bit lonely. My social skills have improved a good bit thanks to having been in a couple of relationships now, it helped my self confidence to grow a bit. I'd like to have a few more friends again, have one close friend as well as my work friends, but I always think that as you get older it becomes more difficult to "make friends". As a kid it was easy, you just decided to be friends with folk. So I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

I'd like my next relationship to last longer than my previous ones, ideally it'd be one that lasted forever but let's take it a step at a time. I haven't been on a date since my ex broke up with me back in April, so even my next date is something to look forward to. Been talking to a girl online for a few weeks now, but we've yet to meet up because she works away a lot, I'd hope maybe this weekend but I've been saying that for the last few.

My dog has actually been a great comfort in my times of loneliness, an ever loving and faithful companion, who's happy to just sit and cuddle up to you.

• Brohoof 2

Nah, I've got good friends. More than I deserve.

I tell them to leave me stewinh in my sauces, but they just want to cheer me up. Never fails.

Sure I get lonely in the companionship way. Who wouldn't want a significant other to brighten each other's dark days?

But then I remember all my past relationships...and suddenly, I'm not so yearning for companionship anymore.

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Oh, almost everyday. I live in the middle of nowhere so it's not really my fault. I have a car that I use to go out with but I have social phobia so it's hard to make any friends. I feel alienated most of the time, like most people have it better than me (general public). 

• Brohoof 2