Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel lonely at times

ShintX

I do sometimes. I've had friends that I used to hang out all the time with just walk out of my life just like that. People these days tend to be so selfish, as well.

I have learned to embrace it. Loneness can be a good thing in some ways. 

• Brohoof 2

In real life, yes. :/ I don't have any real life friends that want to do stuff with me outside of school, and I'm too scared to approach people since they'll just make fun of me for being shy and anti-social, like they've always done -_-

I'm not lonely on the internet though :). I have lots of people to talk to here on the forums, and there's always someone I can tell if I have a problem.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

There were time I have felt very lonely, although much of that is behind me. I've been more outgoing and sociable in recent times, so it's not so bad now.

As a whole, being lonely can really suck, but it is nice to be alone in a quiet, tranquil setting every now and then.

• Brohoof 2

I haven't spoken to anyone my age for almost two years, after I came home from the navy, living with PTSD, I have tried to help other returning veterans, although I am a loner, I do wish to speak to people and have friends, I have been alone, but I have so much to say, so much to share, and I want to share my life with someone else, without something getting in my way. My family lives so far from me, I have no support from them, only my father, because we are business partners, nevertheless I do want to have friends my age, I have such a strong desire to speak about what I do, and what I know, but most of all, I want to be there for some else who is alone, I want to be their friend, we could talk about ponies if they wish to, or any other subject, I have a lot to relate to, so when I come here to the forums, I feel like I have many friends, I wish to see all of you in person, I would want that more than a treasure full of gold.

• Brohoof 2

im lonely 24/7 but what makes this funny is almost everyone here says there lonely and want to talk so why dont you all talk together and be friends then you wont be lonely

just an observation really i try to talk but people just stop replying so people clearly think im boring or weird or both so im really lonely and i think its my fault 

• Brohoof 2

I'm a loner so obviously I can get a bit lonely at times, not enough to seek out human companionship though, people literally scare me to the point where I can't even talk to them without having a panic attack. So yeah, I'm kind of lonely not by choice at this point. It will take me years to get used to a person and even then I still won't feel comfortable around them, so even when around people I feel lonely. I kind of like being lonely though, it's fairly calming and I can get stuff done quicker so it's obviously not all bad. 

• Brohoof 1

Even though I am an extremely introverted person, yes, I don't feel lonely very often though. I feel more 'isolated in my own mind' rather than lonely most of the time.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I feel quite lonely. Especially romantically, but what can be done there?

Otherwise, at work I work best alone, but during breaks and lunch I totally have to be around other people. I get bored super fast with my phone (there's like no one to text at 2 in the morning >.<), so I hate sitting alone. Thankfully it hasn't been a problem for months.

• Brohoof 2

Sometimes but the few times it does happen is always when I'm home alone all day. It's part of the reason I like hanging out with my friends even if they're doing something that doesn't particularly interest me, I just want to get out of the house and do something. I suck so bad at sports yet I never say no to a game of basketball or football, because they're actually always really fun, the only downside is like I said, I'm terrible at sports. I actually miss the days when I'd be bombarded with knockings at my door from my friends asking me to come outside.

And every now and then I do want a girlfriend but I never really pursue any of those feelings.

Basic answer, very rarely.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL
  • Brohoof 2

Do...I...feel...lonely?

I'm lonely 24/7. Somedays I wish I could cry my eyes out. I'd have to watch something really sad and emotional or that I could bring out my tears manually by just feeling it inside.

Maybe tonight I'll do some. I'm forever alone.

Seriously, this is me right here.

This made me tear up.  Very beautiful.

im lonely 24/7 but what makes this funny is almost everyone here says there lonely and want to talk so why dont you all talk together and be friends then you wont be lonely

Well, we can always talk on here, and we do, but I think we're referring to being lonely in person.  You know, because having cyber-friends and conversations just isn't the same as having someone with you in person.  Someone you can hug and spent time with and share your life with.  Know what I mean?

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, I do... especially in romantic contexts.

The pain is only unbearable under certain circumstances, though. Like, for example, when it's a holiday and I have no one to hang out with... or when I'm walking to class and see a group of friends laughing, or when I see a couple being intimate in front of me. In those instances...

I'm lonely 24/7. Somedays I wish I could cry my eyes out. I'd have to watch something really sad and emotional or that I could bring out my tears manually by just feeling it inside. Maybe tonight I'll do some. I'm forever alone.

Yep. I know that feeling a lot more than I'd care to admit.

• Brohoof 2

Very often actually. I've always been very shy and it's been nearly a decade since I've had a real friend offline. Needless to say, I haven't had a relationship either and to be honest I'm wondering if I'm just not meant for that sort of thing.

I've been working hard to increase my confidence for over a year now and I'm much less anxious around people than I used to be. I guess only time will tell if it's too little too late

• Brohoof 2

I've been feeling a bit lonely lately. I haven't been on a date since my last relationship ended back in April and it's starting to get to me a bit. I'm thinking about even all the small things being with someone else brings and that it'd be nice to just feel really wanted just now, to have someone who wants to spend time with me. Doesn't help that my best friend is in a good relationship just now, that is basically the kind of one I want where the two people are just happy to be with one another. I'm not angry/overly jealous or anything...but I can get a bit annoyed with myself/sad when I'm tagging along with them as a third wheel.

• Brohoof 3

Yes, often sadly... this may have a little to do with my autism (my troubles to be social with other people) that I tend to feel on this line...though talking to people becomes a big issue

Well I suppose this is fine...at least I'm fairly social here on the forums!

• Brohoof 2

Yup. My good friends aren't always online, so that's when I feel lonely, and then I don't have that many real life friends I consider to be close enough or or, well yeah.

I'm glad I have a special somepony though :).

• Brohoof 2

I'm alive -- of course I am lonely sometimes.

If we were never lonely it would mean one of two things -- either we were part of some hive-mind like the changelings have, or one is psychopathic and not able to feel empathy.

• Brohoof 3