Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel lonely at times

ShintX

I feel lonely a lot anymore.

Ever since a year ago, I Graduated High school, I swear all my friends had forgotten about me. They go and do all this stuff and never invite me and act like they can never get ahold of me, which is bullcrap because they SO have my number.

So, yeah. Only people I have is my 2 best friends and my boyfriend. Even then, I haven't been able to hang with my 2 friends.

• Brohoof 2

I get lonely at times, whenever I do, I try to play some Team Fortress 2, I could also try to go on the forums should I feel lonely again.

Sometimes, I wanna message or talk to someone but I'll be too afraid that I'd be bothering them.

Same here

Edited by VictiniStar101
  • Brohoof 2

I generally don't like being lonely. I like being around people.

That's why I have most of my bro(s) on speed-dial. xD

Edited by Guest

I'm usually lonely at school. It's due to the fact that I prefer to be alone. I don't know if it's just me, but being alone has it's features. I have some friends though, and people at school like to talk to me, but like i said, I prefer to be alone sometimes.

• Brohoof 2

I do often feel lonely, but over time, I kinda got used to it.  I'm not very good at talking to people beyond need, even then I mess up or don't say anything, regardless of offline or online which is probably why I don't really speak to anyone on here  :blush:.

• Brohoof 2

Very much in the past, but not so much anymore.

I used to be very shy, sensitive, quick to take offense, and often pushed my own friends away with my behavior. Then I graduated High-School (getting out of there helped A LOT), moved out of my Mom's place and got some roommates. I got over that anti-social stuff real quick. Things that would hurt my feelings before and cause me to simmer now glance right off. If a couple of my friends are having an interesting conversation I just jump in; sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but the worst that has happened is I just listen to what they're talking about and hear a few interesting anecdotes. I realized that the only person "shutting me out" was myself and my own reservations, and I learned to take life less seriously which opened up my confidence and gave me opportunities for work, love, and friendships that actually support each other rather than rely on the sort of passive-aggressive co-dependence that made up my past relations.

Oddly enough, this show helped me with that quite a bit. I would have been the last person to think FiM would help me with life problems, but when I saw "A Friend in Deed" something clicked and I discovered my inner Pinkie; I try to bring happiness to people, and that in turn brings me fulfillment and happiness. And if someone rebuffs my kindness I don't get bitter towards them like I used to, since that kind of defeats the whole purpose.

So I basically beat my social fears back with smiles, empathy, thickening my skin, and learning to laugh at myself, which made me confident enough to take the initiative and forge the relationships that I cherish to this day. With those sorts of close relationships with Family/Friends, I find that I don't feel lonely very much anymore. It's all about having people that I cared about, and that cared about me in return, but I had to work at those connections; it wasn't easy, but it's worth it.

I hope that didn't come off as condescending or preachy, and I don't assume that it'd be like this for everyone, but it's my story.

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 5

But yeah, I have been thinking about it all week. I have just been wanting new people to talk to, that's about it (someone that would end this single life would help out alot).

Also a bonus pic

post-18640-0-99031100-1416013046_thumb.jpg

We're all Time Lords....

• Brohoof 3

I constantly surround myself with people, but the minute I'm not talking to someone I get super lonely.
But then again I've always been able to keep myself occupied and do well on my own too.

• Brohoof 1

I don't feel lonely during the day when I am doing something but before I fall asleep I do feel a sudden emptiness and loneliness. I try to block out these empty moments to the best of my ability.

• Brohoof 1

No, the voices in my head keep me company :)

(That's how lonely I am... Alright, that's partly a lie, since I have friends, but we don't hang out so often anymore)

Edited by Bradley

No, the voices in my head keep me company :)

(That's how lonely I am... Alright, that's partly a lie, since I have friends, but we don't hang out so often anymore)

What happens if the voices ignore you and just talk to each other? That would be annoying.

Sometimes I do feel lonely but, it is another one of those things that probably should bother me but it never actually does. Probably because, especially at school, I am alone on purpose. Not because I don't have any friends (I do have friends) but, more because I'm not always interested in the same things as them. 

And if my loneliness does become bothersome, I always have my imagination and my MLP soft toys to keep me company.

• Brohoof 2

Sometimes i feel like i wished i had ear to frown down or something.

I dunno, its kinda like little people where i live. I have tons of games and cool stuff, but not so much fun with less people around. Just curious if some of you feel the same way.

I feel you. I mean, we all feel lonely and just want to talk and play with someone, but there's nobody there.

Hey, if you ever feel like this, just tell us. I mean, I'll be there.

• Brohoof 2