Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Notification Numbers wont dissapear

Bass Rivet
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

Oh Hey guys! Bass here just wondering why my notification number wont go down or up from 1, every time i check it i either have more or less but it stays on one. I have tried the "mark all as read" but  it doesnt work.

HELP!

(Or not since its really not important it just annoys me...)

WUBZOUT

• Brohoof 1

This happens sometimes when you get a notification, check the notifications, and then get a new notification without moving the page.  The number will stay there indicating you have a new notification, but the new notification won't show up on the notification tab, so it requires a refresh to see the notification, which of course gets rid of the number.  If this is the same thing you're experiencing, simply refreshing the page and then checking the notification tab will make the alert go away.

Hopefully that helps.

• Brohoof 2

Oh Hey guys! Bass here just wondering why my notification number wont go down or up from 1, every time i check it i either have more or less but it stays on one. I have tried the "mark all as read" but it doesnt work.

HELP!

(Or not since its really not important it just annoys me...)

WUBZOUT

As Simon said, this is sometimes resolved temporarily by refreshing. Eventually notifications should sync again. Are you still having the issue?

• Brohoof 1

Yes i have tried refreshing but that did nothing

Alright some Q&A time now since this appears to be an isolated case.

1. What internet Browser & Operating System are you using?

2. Try switching to a different browser and let me know if it is still happening

3. Are your notifications set up to be received?

4. If so turn them all off, save, go see if that impacts the number, then turn them on again.

• Brohoof 1

Alright some Q&A time now since this appears to be an isolated case.

1. What internet Browser & Operating System are you using?

2. Try switching to a different browser and let me know if it is still happening

3. Are your notifications set up to be received?

4. If so turn them all off, save, go see if that impacts the number, then turn them on again.

Well Damn :D Switching my browser worked, There just seemed to be a problem with Firefox 

Well Damn :D Switching my browser worked, There just seemed to be a problem with Firefox 

Yeah. I've come across browser based issues with Firefox which have required a reinstall to fix them. You might want to try that if you favor FF.

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.