Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies' full names?

RainbowMau

So we all know Pinkie Pie's full name is Pinkamena Diane Pie, but what about the rest? Do they have one too?

Maybe Applejack's full name is Jacqueline Apple?

Or Rainbow Dash's one is Dashelle Rainbow?

Not sure, I'm just inventing :P

• Brohoof 2

Hm, maybe your right, that would be cool if they actually had full on real names :D. It's probably just Pinkie Pie that has a full real name, I think the other mane six don't really have a full name, like Twilight Sparkle is just....Twilight Sparkle. I could be wrong though :P

• Brohoof 1

Maybe Applejack's full name is Jacqueline Apple?

Or Rainbow Dash's one is Dashelle Rainbow?

Shyanne Flutter?  Or Shylee Flutter?

Actually though, I think it's normal for ponies to have the names that we know them as.  I think Pinkamena was an exception to the rule.

• Brohoof 1

Another typical inconsistency/problem when they put an actual human-like name into a character that already had a silly name ment to be silly.

A names a name..... some characters have silly names, while others have human like names......

A names a name..... some characters have silly names, while others have human like names......

Kay... I see no human names around any of the Equestrian ponies. Luna maybe, but I actually named my dog like that.

Sorry Luna fans. My dog is best princess.

Kay... I see no human names around any of the Equestrian ponies.

Well, there's Trixie which is Beatrice's apocope.

Twilight Sparkle is just....Twilight Sparkle. I could be wrong though :P

Or simply Sparkle Twilight? ("Sparkle" is a real name and "Twilight" must be the same last name she took from her mother Twilight Velvet)

Edited by RainbowMau

Kay... I see no human names around any of the Equestrian ponies. Luna maybe, but I actually named my dog like that.

Sorry Luna fans. My dog is best princess.

To put what i said into perspective, i know a guy named Robin Mahfood.

I know a women named Cherry Kolla

and I know a guy named Peter Nuttam (Peanut)

So it works both ways.

That would be cool, but I don't think they'll go there.

As much as I'd like them to have actual names instead of puns (and how do Pony Parents know to name them as such long before they have their cutie marks or special talents anyway? :huh: ),it's easier/simpler just to use names that immediately tell us something about them.

...though oddly enough, I remember this one time there was talk about Rarity's last name being "Lebowski". And another time about Equestria Girls giving the Other 5 real names before we knew much about it.

(and how do Pony Parents know to name them as such long before they have their cutie marks or special talents anyway? :huh: )

They probably don't.  My theory is that the pony is growing up with that name, so there's a natural inclination to develop special talents in connection with it.  Think about it... if you had the name Carrot Cake, you would probably be more inclined to become a baker rather than a construction worker.  There's a undeniable amount of obligation to live up to their name that everypony must feel.

Well, there's Trixie which is Beatrice's apocope.

Or simply Sparkle Twilight? ("Sparkle" is a real name and "Twilight" must be the same last name she took from her mother Twilight Velvet)

Trixie was chosen for her name because she was a magician with just tricks to show.

• Brohoof 1

They probably don't.  My theory is that the pony is growing up with that name, so there's a natural inclination to develop special talents in connection with it.  Think about it... if you had the name Carrot Cake, you would probably be more inclined to become a baker rather than a construction worker.  There's a undeniable amount of obligation to live up to their name that everypony must feel.

But Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are babies and they already have their names, would that mean that at their ages they're already destined to become bakers?

Trixie was chosen for her name because she was a magician with just tricks to show.

Yes, but it's still real, that's what counts from this perspective.

Edited by RainbowMau

But Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are babies and they already have their names, would that mean that at their ages they're already destined to become bakers?

Don't think of it as "destined"; think of it more like, with names like that, it would be awkward for them to consider other careers, so it's more likely they'll develop talents aimed towards baking.  It's not impossible they would develop other talents though.  For instance, while Apple Bloom will most LIKELY end up with some kind of apple-related cutie mark (simply due to all of the apple-related things she does on a daily basis at the farm), it doesn't mean she HAS to.  She could develop something completely different, and if she does, she'll be one of the ones whose talent DOESN'T have anything to do with her name.  An example of this is Pinkie Pie, who didn't develop anything in relation to her name.

An example of this is Pinkie Pie, who didn't develop anything in relation to her name.

Yes she did, she's a baker at Sugarcube Corner which makes a los of sense with "Pie", and as I remind all the bakery she makes is pink, but her special talent which is making parties is more known.

Edited by RainbowMau

It's possible that Pinkie's parents are very, very weird, and all of Pinkie's sisters have incredibly messed-up psyches. The brainwashing worked on Maud, failed on Pinkie(Or it worked, and the Rainboom's magic/shock of seeing it woke her up/cured her), and we aren't sure what happened to the other two sisters.

Anyway, Pinkie Pie calling herself Pinkie Pie is a way to distance herself from her old life and her old self, the one without laughter, the one for whom rocks was their entire existence.

Yes she did, she's a baker at Sugarcube Corner which makes a los of sense with "Pie", and as I remind all the bakery she makes is pink, but her special talent which is making parties is more known.

The parties are the ones directly related to her cutie mark though.

Edited by Time Shield

Well, Pinkamena Diana Pie is a pretty silly name anyway :lol:

I think that Rarity, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy are their actual, full names. I think Pinkie's is different because 1.) Her family seemed fairly cutoff from the rest of society so likely had different ways. Cultural thing, ya know. and 2.) Because she probably came from a large family. She has 3 sisters, and her parents likely aren't only children either. It's likely the Pie family is fairly huge, and they needed a long name to make her name unique from the onslaught of cousins she probably had. This obviously wasn't the case with the rest of the ponies - not even Applejack. Can't forget that only half of her family is Apples. The other half are the Oranges in Manehattan :D

My headcanons are...

Rainbow Danger Dash

Rarity Susan Belle

Applejack Abigail Apple

Twilight Velvet Sparkle

Pinkamena Diane Pie

Fluttershy Rosalie Summersong

Those are just my headcanons, though.

• Brohoof 2