Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Young love blossoms

dusk shade

((OOC: Gah! Can't think of much of anything to say!))

"Oh... I see."

She replied. She couldn't imagine not really having anypony in her life. It sounded like it must be pretty terrible.

"Where do you live, if you don't have a family? And what are you going to do now?"

She asked.

"I don't have a home. I go wherever the wind takes me. As for what I'm going to do now, I guess I'm just gonna keep on moving. Probably shouldn't be staying in place for to long since anypony who realizes the similarities between King Sombra and myself will likely try to have me arrested", he answered not really knowing what else to do.

(Its understandable. You are using someone else's character in a roleplay with little explanation)

Silver started thinking about his situation. After a little bit she came up with an idea, and thinking it was a great one at the time, being a young filly, she blurted it out.

"What if you stayed at my house?"

was her revelation. But she realized,

"Oh, my parents may not like you. There must be something we can do."

"One there is that problem of my not being liked. There is also the fact that you just met me and your parents would likely question your judgement for trying to have a pony you just met stay with you",

he said simply.

"Its no big deal though. I'm just gonna stay up in the caves or something. I'll figure something out. Thanks for trying to help me out though",

he said finishing his shake and eating some of his food wondering why this filly cared enough to try and help him at such cost when nopony else cared of he lived or died.

Edited by Dusk Shade

"Oh...okay. I should probably be going back home now. My parents may start to wonder where I am. You can... come visit sometime... if you want. Or, uh... if you needed help... or something... you know..."

She struggled to say. She was not sure if she would ever see him again or not.

"All right. Maybe i'll see you later at some point", he said finishing his food. "Oh...I feel weird asking this but...say I do decide to come visit at some point...what would your parents do if they saw my eyes",

he asked before putting his sunglasses back on. He figured he may as well visit sometime.

"I don't really know. But I think you should keep them hidden, especially when you first meet them. I mean... well... I think that I would have been more scared... if I had seen your eyes like that... when I first saw you... I'm sorry, but... I'm not really any different from anypony else, you were just... lucky I guess."

"Actually I just wanted to make my point and go. I had no reason to think you would continue speaking to me", he said still surprised she was helping him.He pulled his torn bag to its proper position after standing up from the fountain. "All right....maybe ill see you around".

"Bye."

She waved. Well, it sounded like her parents wouldn't see him anytime soon. But at least there was a chance that she might see him again, if only to see if he would still be faring well. He felt strange to her, and yet, he seemed mostly just like a normal colt. She thought to herself as she headed home.

• Brohoof 1

Rampart nodded and headed away from the fountain trying to figure out how he would even get to the caves. He wound up deciding he would just sleep under a bridge if he couldn't reach the caves. He figured he wouldn't even consider going to Silver's house until he had a way to completely cover his eyes that wouldn't be so odd that her parents would question it. Eventually, he settled himself under a bridge that was a big away from the city and fell asleep.

*Next Day*

Rampart woke and would normally leave town the second day but something kept him in canterlot. He stood for a moment trying to remember what had happened the day before. "Who was that filly....Silver something I think...Silver Belle....sounds right...should probably get some food if I have enough hits left", he said heading to a vendor.

Edited by Dusk Shade

((Of course if it's summer I guess I should edit my post))

The next morning, after eating a good breakfast, Silver headed off for school. She didn't think she would see Rampart again so soon, but still, she kept an eye out for him, just in case. Deep down, she really hoped that he would come back. There's no telling what  he might do if he didn't have any friends.

Edited by Pat.Rio.T.

Rampart checked in his saddlebags for bits and found only two. "Yeesh....I'm broke", he said buying what he could and eating there so he could get a move on. "No sense clearing out of Canterlot without any money....I'd starve to death before I got any bits up but here, I might be able to figure something out", he said to himself walking through the city.

((Well this is awkward, something needs to happen, not that I'm trying to hint at anything specifically))

She arrived at the school, a little late. Hurrying to her desk, she sat down and got out her books. One of the young colts was giving her weird looks, but she didn't notice, she was too busy thinking about other things.

(I was kinda banking on you having her see him as she was walking to school....crap).

Rampart saw Silver Belle entering her school but decided to let be, she was already by his calculations, not that he ever calculated anything...he mostly just guessed. He went to her house and waited across the street for her to come home.

(Time skip to end of school day if you want.)

The school bell rang, school was over. Silver gathered her things and headed out the door, and back towards home. It looked like would be just another day today, she thought as she walked down the road, and eventually came to the front door of her house. She was unaware of the pony watching from across the street.

Rampart saw Silver at her door and being reckless as he was he decided to go over to her. "Hey, Silver...you said swing by sometime and I have nothing better to do...never mind. Forget I showed up, all right, I don't wanna bother your family", he said backing awaya bit. His eyes were considerably duller and the smoke trail was considerably smaller but it took a lot of focus to keep it like that and was slightly irritating.

Edited by Dusk Shade

"AH!"

She was startled by his sudden appearance, and almost dropped her things.

"Oh, it's you! Wait! You don't have to leave!"

She led him around to the side of her house, where hopefully they wouldn't be disturbed.

"Do you really have to leave? You came here for a reason. Wait, how long have you been waiting out here for me?"

Edited by Pat.Rio.T.

"I've been since a little after I saw you heading to school. I mean I have literally nothing to do all day. I mean, I don't live in Canterlot, so I can't go to school. I have no friends other than one in the Empire and a fat load of good that does me here", he said shrugging like the fact that he had been there all day was no big deal.

Silver was shocked, her jaw practically dropped, and she couldn't speak for a few seconds.

"You waited out here the whole day... for me? But... Surely you must have better things to do. Like earning bits, or trying to make new friends, or... anything... I mean... you knew how long it would take for school to end... you could have been doing other things in the meantime..."

"Nopony is going to want to be my friend. I am the sin of a monster and there is a monster inside of me. As for bits, I have bits being sent to me because I'm broke and nopony is going to hire a child who looks like I do...magic smoke pouring out of my eyes...", he said looking down to hide his eyes, not caring that she had already seen them.

"But, I'm not nopony... There must be other ponies who would be like me... I don't know what to say... I'm sorry you have to have such a tough life.

She sat on a rock, and looked down to the ground as well. After a few seconds she suggested.

"Maybe we should... go do something... instead of just thinking about... all this..."

"You have no apologize for my life. Its my own fault for being born", he said before thinking about her suggestion. (As if it is not obvious, Rampart is quite depressed before they become friends because he had to leave his only friend in the Empire but once they become friends, he becomes notably more cheerful). "Sure. Bit what do you wanna do that's free because I have zero bits left", he said the zero bit part rather quietly.

"Well... we could go to the park, or look around at the shops downtown. Either way I'm going to have to tell my parents where I'm going, or else they will worry about me."

She said, leaving it up to him. She didn't really cared what they did, as long as they stopped talking about Rampart's troubles. She waited for him to decide so that she could tell her parents where she was going.

"Either is fine by me, but I think the park would be better...attract less attention there than walking around the city...except you know what

..I don't care if I end up attracting attention and getting caught...I've running long enough...I have all my bits coming to Canterlot...I'm just gonna stick around...find a place...maybe actually go to school...stop being such a depressing jerk...so yeah the park sounds fine", he said lifting his head back up.

"Uh, okay."

Silver said, surprised by his sudden change in demeanor.

"I'll go and tell my parents, and then I guess we can go."

She went into her and after a few minutes, she came back out, and said,

"Okay, let's go."

She then started to lead the way down to the park. She hoped he meant what he said.