Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Young love blossoms

dusk shade

She watched as Flint nuzzled up against her, not knowing what else to do. She didn't want to move a lot in case she might scare the dragon off.

"Hehe! Does he talk at all? From what I've learned, grown up dragons at least talk a little. Is he going to turn into a... big scary dragon?"

Rampart shook his head and grinned, quickly hiding the grin with a scowl. "No, he is still bit too young to talk....but yeah, eventually he will be a big, bad dragon....rwar...", he said pulling a jewel from his bag and pushing to the dragon. Flint grabbed it began gnawing on it.

((I'm just assuming she doesn't have a pet, just because it isn't mentioned, but I realize that may not mean anything, necessarily. If she does, well, I'll make necessary changes))

"It's almost a shame..."

She said. She liked Flint better as a small, cute baby dragon.

"Some day, I would like to have a pet. I'm not saying that Flint is a pet, exactly, he just... makes me think about it, I guess. Are jewels the only things that dragons eat?"

(No. You got the pet bit right. She has none).

Rampart nodded as the dragon swallowed the jewel. "He's sort of like a pet and a friend in one to be honest.....I mean I gotta take complete care of his every need like a pet....but I still feel like he's a friend", he said looking at her. "And as for them eating, they eat more than jems, yeah, they just really like the way jewels taste".

"I wonder what they taste like... I guess it looks almost like it could be candy. My teeth would break if I tried to eat one of them though. How do they do it so easily?"

She asked rhetorically. 

"Maybe I could get a dog, or a bird... I don't know. I still got a long time to think for all I know."

She mumbled to herself

The dragon crawled back into Rampart's saddlebags which the pony picked up and immediately put onto his back. "How does anything work the way it does I'm this this world", he asked with a good natured shrug. "It just does". He fished through the bags and pulled out a small cloth which he began cleaning Flints' scales with.

Silver just sat down by the bank of the pond. She didn't really know what else to say all of a sudden. Not that she always had a lot to say. It felt a little awkward, but she enjoyed just being there. She just watched as he cleaned Flint's scales with a cloth, thinking on her confusion.

(edited)

Rampart finished cleaning his dragon's scales and started on his teeth and claws, started to feel a bit awkward in the new silent air between them. "Um...I guess I should probably go find a place to sleep for tonight so when I her my money, I can go buy myself a place", he said turning to head off. However, he stopped after only three steps. "Aw man...what a drag.....I can't go buy a place...I'll be walking right into the royal guards' hooves", he said changing his focus to how we would get a place.

Edited by Dusk Shade

"Oh my goodness! It's dinnertime already? I didn't realize that time went by that fast. But, you've got to do something, it's not like you can stay at anypony else's house. We already figured that one out...  I can't just let you stay out on the streets!"

She said trying to think of something as well.

(edited)

He shouldered his saddlebags and shrugged. "Why can't I just sleep out in the street? Ive done since Cadence took the throne, so its really no big deal...I mean, I'm used to used to it by now... the only reason I even cared about trying to find a place so I could atleast try to live a seminormal life", he said waving her to go ahead home.

Edited by Dusk Shade

"Doesn't mean you ought to be..."

She said before waving goodbye to him, and turning away to head back home. She felt bad for him, but there wasn't much of anything she could do to help it seemed.

I hope my parents aren't worried about me for coming home so late.

(Her parents are protective so they would indeed be worried about her unexplained lateness).

Rampart walked around the park aimlessly for a few hours before returning to the bridge he had slept under the night before with a depressed sigh before laying down to sleep.

When Silver got home, she received an expected lecture about being gone for so long. She tried to explain that she was just out with a friend, and didn't watch the time. She didn't really want to reveal much about who she had been with a lot of the day, or yesterday.

Rampart covered himself with a thin grey cloak and waited until he was certain that Flint had asleep before he would allow himself to. He rolled against the side of the wall to get some shelter from the night wind because he was too stubborn to make a fire for warmth.

After having some leftover dinner that her parents had saved for her, she went to her bed. Though, she had too much on her mind to go to sleep immediately. But after a while of thinking, her tiredness eventually overcame her, and she drifted off to sleep.

*The next morning*

Rampart woke to a blast of sunlight in his eyes. "Stupid Celestia.... stupid sun", he grumbled before steeping out from under the bridge realizing he was out of bits. "Eh..one day without food won't kill me.....assuming the package arrives today like its supposed to".

Silver awoke to a sunbeam in her eyes. She walked over to the window, and opened it up to look out.

"Looks like a beautiful day out today."

She said to herself, then started to get ready for school. She had a good breakfast before heading out the door, and off in the direction of school.

Rampart unknowingly walked by Silver Belle's school in his way to the spot where he had arranged for the mailmare to bring his bits and gems, which he dropped into his safdlebags, which had thankfully been enchanted so they could a limitless amount of things.

Silver was just walking down the road on the way to school, and was almost there, when she saw Rampart walking by. She was kind of surprised to see him again so soon.

"Oh, um, hi Rampart! Uh... what are you doing here?"

She tried to ask calmly.

"I'm, uh, going to school, so, I can't really talk for long."

He turned at her unexpected voice. "Uh...hey. I'm..I'm going to my stuff that I had sent and then I'm gonna work on figuring out how to buy a place without being arrested...", he trailed off . "Um..have fun at school, I guess..". He saw the mailmare he had sent for landing in a nearby field. "I..um...I gotta go", he said looking back at her from his glance at the field.

"Oh, uh, okay... Fun? Um... I guess."

Not sure it was exactly what she'd call fun, especially on days when she couldn't wait for it to end.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you around later maybe."

She replied, though he seemed to be quite preoccupied at the moment. She wasn't even sure if he heard her or not.

He looked at her and blinked a couple times after realizing he had spaced out looking at the field. "OK bye then", he said with a genuine smile. "I'm gonna go get a place to live", his smile flickered to a slighter darker grin for a second. "Bribes.... They make the world go round", he mused to himself as started off with a wave.

Later that day, the school bell rang, and class was out. The school day had finally ended, and Silver Belle was glad it was done. She quickly gathered up her things, and left the building. She walked down the street in the direction of home, but walked slower than normal, hoping to see any sign of Rampart around.

Rampart he'd gone back to the field after she left and he had picked up a small parcel that had dropped down a small hole. In the box was a silver chain that he had unique plans for to say the least. He hung it around his neck and headed back into town with his new keys and walked right into Silver again. "Sorry, wasn't looking where I was going.... again".

"OOF!"

She grunted when Rampart bumped into her, almost losing her balance. She caught herself and looked toward him.

"Oh, there you are... I mean, it's you again. Is this going to become a regular thing with you?"

She asked sarcastically.

"So, uh, where are you going in such a hurry now?"