Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sunset Shimmer Fan Club

Moost

She's just so amazing! What I like most about her is her potential, like most characters. She has the ability to be amazing and I hope the writers push that. 
Also, she's absolutely adorable in the Rainbow Rocks preview's.

• Brohoof 1

I thought she was just another generic high school antagonist in the first EQG.

From the trailers though, Rainbow Rocks is shaping her up to be a really interesting character. I'm excited to see where they take her. 

• Brohoof 1

The fact that she's stronger than them with the crown means she simply kills them herself while using the army as thugs. She can add to the army while in Equestria too

Also, yes, Sunset is far better than Trixie 

Wow you're seriously comparing her to Discord? I mean Demon Form or no Demon Form she would not have stood a chance against him in a fight...

• Brohoof 1

The fact that she's stronger than them with the crown means she simply kills them herself while using the army as thugs. She can add to the army while in Equestria too

Also, yes, Sunset is far better than Trixie 

It took the entire set of the elements of harmony to defeat Discord, and Sunset only has one. Celestia is far smarter then Sunset, and already has a bigger, better trained, and physically stronger army. Luna is far too pretty for god to let her die. 

• Brohoof 3

Wow you're seriously comparing her to Discord? I mean Demon Form or no Demon Form she would not have stood a chance against him in a fight...

Yes, yes I am. There's no reason to think she's weaker, given the fact that she was confident in being able to beat Discord

It took the entire set of the elements of harmony to defeat Discord, and Sunset only has one

Only because the Elements don't work unless they're together and Discord wasn't defeated, he was utterly owned. Sunset was able to wield one, which is already odd

Celestia is far smarter then Sunset, and already has a bigger, better trained, and physically stronger army

An army that will be mind controlled in seconds. Celestia also failed to notice Chrysalis right under her nose. Also, those guards got owned by changelings...who were getting owned by tripping

Luna is far too pretty for god to let her die

Luna is overrated 

• Brohoof 1

@@Jeric,

Yeah, I just thought that the whole 'ex-student' thing couldn't been played out more. I hope they expand on that more in Rainbow Rocks. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Jeric,

Yeah, I just thought that the whole 'ex-student' thing couldn't been played out more. I hope they expand on that more in Rainbow Rocks.

On that I completely agree. There were a few scenes in EQG that begged for more exposition or development that we didn't get. :/

A few extra lines of dialog peppered throughout would have gone a long way

• Brohoof 1

Yes, yes I am. There's no reason to think she's weaker, given the fact that she was confident in being able to beat Discord

Only because the Elements don't work unless they're together and Discord wasn't defeated, he was utterly owned. Sunset was able to wield one, which is already odd

An army that will be mind controlled in seconds. Celestia also failed to notice Chrysalis right under her nose. Also, those guards got owned by changelings...who were getting owned by tripping

Luna is overrated 

Ha! I'm just getting started! If all you wish for does indeed come to pass, who's going to defeat Tirek? Since Sunset will have conceivably already defeated Discord and the Princesses, nopony will be left to stop him. Don't tell me you seriously believe Sunset will be able to defeat him, as he was shown to be able to steal any type of magic, and I have seen no proof that Sunset would be immune to his power. But that won't even matter, as right behind the mirror stands three alicorns, and five of the six elements waiting to ambush her. If she couldn't even defeat one princess and a few of her friends, how is she going to defeat all of them? But even that won't matter, because as everyone knows the crystal heart resides in the same castle as the mirror, and as soon as Sunset steps through she'll be under it's effect. The crystal heart purges negative emotions, so Sunset will lose her anger and hatred as soon as she steps through, and her will to fight.

Ugh, sorry about the wall of text, but I tend to get passionate about these sorts of things.   ^_^     

• Brohoof 1

There's actually a comic that shows Sunset Shimmer's backstory.

Yep, saw that and was pleased at how they addressed it. But at the time I saw EQG it was years after I first watched the show and stopped so my opinion was based on little fannon, speculation, or comic material. However depending on what they do with RR and Sunset Shimmer ... my opinion of her may improve. Here is hoping as I have gone in no social media mode to prevent spoilers after an apparent image leak.

• Brohoof 1

Ha! I'm just getting started! If all you wish for does indeed come to pass, who's going to defeat Tirek? Since Sunset will have conceivably already defeated Discord and the Princesses, nopony will be left to stop him. Don't tell me you seriously believe Sunset will be able to defeat him, as he was shown to be able to steal any type of magic, and I have seen no proof that Sunset would be immune to his power

Tirek smashes her face into the ground, if he can get enough power in time to overpower her

But that won't even matter, as right behind the mirror stands three alicorns, and five of the six elements waiting to ambush her

They aren't waiting to ambush her, and considering the way Sunset talked, it's more likely she sends in her army through the portal first as fodder before taking on the exhausted defense. Alternatively, she can transform the teens into demons like she did to Snips and Snails

If she couldn't even defeat one princess and a few of her friends, how is she going to defeat all of them?

Elements of Harmony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celestia, Cadence, Luna, and the 5 Elements

But even that won't matter, because as everyone knows the crystal heart resides in the same castle as the mirror, and as soon as Sunset steps through she'll be under it's effect. The crystal heart purges negative emotions

That's pure headcanon about the emotions. Hell, Sunset Shimmer was walking around the castle before hand and was doing just fine

so Sunset will lose her anger and hatred as soon as she steps through, and her will to fight

That worked so well on Sombra, Discord, or Tirek, all of whom entered the Crystal Empire

Tirek smashes her face into the ground, if he can get enough power in time to overpower her

They aren't waiting to ambush her, and considering the way Sunset talked, it's more likely she sends in her army through the portal first as fodder before taking on the exhausted defense. Alternatively, she can transform the teens into demons like she did to Snips and Snails

Elements of Harmony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celestia, Cadence, Luna, and the 5 Elements

That's pure headcanon about the emotions. Hell, Sunset Shimmer was walking around the castle before hand and was doing just fine

That worked so well on Sombra, Discord, or Tirek, all of whom entered the Crystal Empire

Huh, I guess I can edit what other people say! Don't worry, I promise not to abuse my new found power!

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I just don't see her overpowering three alicorns bolstered by an ultra powerful relic, ( Sombra was utterly disintegrated, as far as I know Discord has never entered the empire, and Tirek... well, you've got me there) backed by an entire army that is bigger and better then hers, and aided by 5 of the six elements of harmony. And just say "army of mind controlled high school students" out loud. I don't think there's a way you can't make that not sound utterly ridiculous.       

• Brohoof 1

as far as I know Discord has never entered the empire, and Tirek... well, you've got me there

Discord was with Tirek in the empire during one of their draining missions

And just say "army of mind controlled high school students" out loud. I don't think there's a way you can't make that not sound utterly ridiculous.

Say

"Army of transformed demons"

Much better. She can do that, remember what she did to Snips and Snails? She can do that to everyone there. Also, if she gets Principal Celestia and Luna under her control, that means that in Equestria, she has two demon alicorns helping out

Discord was with Tirek in the empire during one of their draining missions

Say

"Army of transformed demons"

Much better. She can do that, remember what she did to Snips and Snails? She can do that to everyone there. Also, if she gets Principal Celestia and Luna under her control, that means that in Equestria, she has two demon alicorns helping out

While I agree that she could transform them all into demons, there was no indication that she was going to that. Besides, wouldn't making that many demons drain her powers? That's how Morgoth lost his first battle for middle earth, after all. I also have seen no evidence to prove that Principle Celestia and Luna have any alicorn power at all. They aren't even very good principles!   

While I agree that she could transform them all into demons, there was no indication that she was going to that.

Why wouldn't she do that? There's no reason for her not to

Besides, wouldn't making that many demons drain her powers? That's how Morgoth lost his first battle for middle earth, after all

It's possible, but there's nothing supporting that. After transforming Snips and Snails, she smashed the wall open, mind controlled the school, fired a huge energy ball, and wasn't even sweating

I also have seen no evidence to prove that Principle Celestia and Luna have any alicorn power at all. They aren't even very good principles!   

Well, when they enter the pony world, they'll be alicorns 

Why wouldn't she do that? There's no reason for her not to

Why not? Because she just didn't think of it, that's why! I am utterly convinced she thought she could take on Equestria's finest with an army of teenagers.

Well, when they enter the pony world, they'll be alicorns 

As you said,

That's pure headcanon
Edited by Stormgiggle
  • Brohoof 1

I am a HUGE Sunset Shimmer fan! I love her so much, even from the first movie! Now I see her in Rainbow Rocks, she's more adorable, and prettier, and cuter. I wish I could hug and snuggle her <3 <3 <3

Me too! :wub: <333333333333333

• Brohoof 3