Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you blush?

碇 シンジン

Blush?  

122 users have voted

1. 1. Do you blush?

• Yes.
    • No.

I rarely blush, but I might blush if I'm having one of those "oh stop it you" moments :P (getting complimented). Or I might blush if.. Well yeah :P.

If I'm performing pretty well :P.

• Brohoof 2

.....what is the point of blushing?

If you're looking for the scientific explanation:

Blushing is linked to your fight-or-flight response (the system that helps you have the oxygen, speed etc. to escape a stressful situation- flight- or stay there and endure- fight.

When you're embarrassed, your body releases adrenaline, which helps breathe up your breathing and heart rate, redirect energy to your muscles, and so on. All of these effects account for the jolt you feel when you find yourself embarrassed.

Adrenaline also causes your blood vessels to dilate, in order to improve blood flow and oxygen delivery. This links in with blushing. The veins in your face respond to a signal from a chemical transmitter which tells the veins to allow the adrenaline to do its magic. As a result, the veins in your face dilate, allowing more blood to flow through them than usual, creating the reddened appearance that tells others you're embarrassed. In other words, adrenaline causes more local blood flow in your cheeks- blushing is just a side-effect, I guess.

:squee:

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 2

I've never seen it happen to someone but I am sure I have a ton. I can feel my face get hot when embarrased, basically just being in public does it to me, I feel like everyone is staring at me :(

• Brohoof 2

i blush lots it happens because people seem to lwys say really nice things to me even if i dont do anything

or when im talking to people i like i blush then people know if i love them or just think them as a really good friend if they make me blush

• Brohoof 1

I blush more than I like to admit...  Being as pale as I am magnifies my blushing too.  I hate blushing considering how many awkward situations it has caused me  >_>...

• Brohoof 2

I can blush pretty easily, if you make me angry I sometimes blush a bit, when someone compliments me I get all shy and I blush like hell XD So yeah, I blush :)

• Brohoof 1

I am the master of blushing. It happens a lot when someone is talking with me. I know I'm not nervous to talk with them, but I just feel myself start to get flushed, and then I don't know what to say and then I become a mess. 

• Brohoof 2

The short answer is no. At least not anymore. I used to blush as often as the next person, but eventually I stopped. Suppose I've just been around the block a few times and experienced enough by this point in life that nothing really phases me in that way now. Talking to anybody about anything is easy as pie.

I do sometimes make others blush for the wrong reasons. I recall a former coworker who was a pretty attractive lady asking me to do something out of the ordinary for me job(can't even remember what), tossing me a little a wink and a sidelong smile when she did. Whatever it was, no harm would have been done, she was just trying to get the work she needed done expedited above the rest, but when I just stared back stone-faced, she blushed and left the room.

So don't even try to make me blush. Might backfire on you. :P

*flails violently and falls over. Twitching every so often*

Aww, you adorable thing. :squee:

*pinches your little sugary cheeks*

• Brohoof 1

oh I blush all the time for many different reasons I blush in front of crowds when I do a presentation in front of an audience I blush when I'm sick sometimes I also blush when my bf says something really romantic or naughty or when I'm naughty depending on the situation ;)

• Brohoof 1

I can feel my face get hot when I have to present at school, when I embarrass myself by screwing something up, or when I have to talk about my feelings or whatnot. Here lately, my face gets all hot after every therapist appointment. :/

Other than that, nope.

• Brohoof 1