Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How easy is it for people to know you're a brony?

Stone Cold Applejack

Sort of easy. On occasion, I wear a shirt featuring the Mane 6. I also tend to buy MLP Funko figurines and my phone wallpaper features Rarity. I'll admit at times I try too hard to show off my love for MLP. :P

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, i'm pretty sure nobody IRL knows I am, or i'd hope not, I don't want anyone to know.

I don't have any pony merch, or anything pony to wear in any way. And even if I'm asked, I wouldn't respond, or would deny it, because i'm a closet brony, and have no intentions on telling anybody really, it's just to much trouble.

The only way someone could find out is if they saw me on here, or if they saw me watching the show, or saw my folder containing some of the artwork of my OC(which is hidden to an extent.)

So yeah. Even if I wasn't explicitly trying to keep others from knowing that i'm a brony, I wouldn't really be yelling it either, I don't usually just go around telling people I like something, unless I feel it'll lead to conversation.

• Brohoof 2

Oh and I say "Eeyup" and "Nnope" pretty often. :mellow:  Its like my radar ping to find other Bronies, but if there are any, no one's picked it up yet...

Ha! I thought I was the only one to occasionally use eeyup and nnnope as a brony radar.

I even use 20% cooler and 10 seconds flat :v

The thing is that I watch the show in english and everyone here speaks.... not english. So I have to rougly translate that and it might not be what they say in the localized version of the show  :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Oh and I say "Eeyup" and "Nnope" pretty often. :mellow: Its like my radar ping to find other Bronies, but if there are any, no one's picked it up yet...

Ever since I've became a brony I've been sayin eyeup and nope. Most of the time I don't even mean to, it's juat like a reflex.

P.S. Applejack is best pony. <- That will end on Oct 8.

I used to flaunt it so much when I first became a brony. Now not so much anymore. I carry a pony lanyard, an iPhone case decorated with pony stickers, and a keychain. And when I feel like it, I wear a pony t-shirt occasionally. My phone and computer's backgrounds are full of pony, so I like to show off electronically. 

I think it is somewhere in the middle, not like I'm hiding it though not wearing a t-shirt with "brony" on. So I think on a scale from 0-10 I would be at 5 since if you saw me the first thing would not be assuming I was a brony. If you talked to me or sat next to me then most likely you'd find out I'm a brony.

• Brohoof 1

noone knows and it would be impossible to tell:

i dont wear any t- shirts,have any merchandise or anything.

the thing is though:

noone has ever asked me about it.

and i am not that type of person who immediately tells his friends about all the things he does.

I wear a 'Twilight Sparkle' and a 'Pony Power' wristband wherever I go.

So it's pretty easy, to detect that I'm a brony. :squee:

And I use alot of bronyspeak, so that's another way I tell people I am a brony. And my wallpaper. That's another one used to attract haters, no trolls... Because everypony else in my class is retarded and doesn't know how to use the Internet. :okiedokielokie:

*I have met no bronies using these tactics :(

Edited by The Nomming Trixie

Funnily enough, today at school I was walking down a crowded corridor and one guy shouted "oh Hey! That's the brony I was telling you about!" He knows because his friend introduced me to the show and I'd often talk about mlp in front of him.

Now the 50 odd people in that corridor know. Lol at this point in my life though I don't care, I wear anime merch all the time now so I don't really care what people know about me anymore.

I'm only in school for another 3 years (including 2 extra years I'm staying in school to do tests to get more qualifications) so I know I'll never see more than 6 people again.

Most people that I play games with know since any clan tag is (mlp) or (cmc) and if possible mlp designs on anything (seriously you should see my Forza garage).

I'd say it's hard to tell though since I only hang around with a few people and don't really talk about it as much anymore, although I did make a 20% cooler phone case 2 years ago.

I always make references and say "eeyup" so I guess it's easy for bronies to tell that I'm also one.

TL;DR: probably a little bit difficult (unless people call you out as being one in corridors.)

In public, fairly obvious, as I recently bought two t-shirts. And as soon as someone came in my house they would see my poster. Not to mention my ponified computer. 7/10?

Oh and on a side note anyone on Black ops 2 will know immediately because of my Derpy emblem :3

Edited by Mister_SGG

My room is full of ponies....Oh come on XD

well outside of the house not too easy even if people say I (act) brony...wait what?! 

I am quite open about the stuff however I will only confess I am a pegasister if people ask if I am/if someone is hating on bronies 

but in general not really...

If you met me you'd never guess. 

The only hint that anyone ever catches onto is a Spike dogtag I wear around my neck. It has a gem on it with a faint reflection of him in it.

I'm a big, tough looking dude with a serious face most of the time.

I'm with Airbourne there. I haven't watched the show in a long time, actually. I just sorta hang around and do art.

All you have to do is ask me if I'm a brony or not, and I'll tell you honestly, yes I am.

But in real life, I probably won't do that much to prompt you to ask. I don't have any of the clothes. I only have one figure. You'd have to catch me checking out pony merch on one of my random shopping-for-fun days.

I have Sweetie Drops and Lyra mystery minis on my desk at work, but nobody ever looks twice because almost everybody keeps figurines or stuffed animals (or a bunch of other really bizarre things) at my workplace. Outwardly, I don't look as though I'm a brony - save for a rainbow dash cutie mark pin on my bag, if you recognise it. My house is a little different - there are pony figurines covering every surface lol.