Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How easy is it for people to know you're a brony?

Stone Cold Applejack

There are three layers of ease, depending on how close someone is to me;

If they just see me or talk to me?  Impossible, unless we talk about something to which ponies or my love of them is relevant.  Or if I can tell *they* like them, at which point I'll happily go on and on about them.

If they come into my room?  Pretty dang easy; I generally have my Hot Topic Vinyl Scratch sitting around somewhere at least fairly visible and I have hundreds of pony pics all over my computer if they see anything besides just my desktop or a game I may be playing at the time -- not to mention all the pony history and bookmarks and whatnot on my browser if they get into that...

But if they open my closet and see the plush Twi and Pinkie sitting there, staring them in the face?  It's game over, baby!

I really ought to be more trusting of people, as I'd love to wear my Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy shirts in public.  I'm making progress as far as being more open about myself is concerned, but I'm not quite there, yet.  That said, I'm waiting for the day when I show someone something on Youtube and they notice that everything in "Recommended for you" and "Watch it again" is all My Little Pony.  Or, the day when I go to my iTunes library to put on Metalocalypse and they notice that the only other TV show in my collection is My Little Pony (does anyone think that's kind of bizarre?).  I also have a Twilight Sparkle plush, which would be a dead give away.

Based on other people's responses, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to display something in public which only fans of the show would recognize, thus enabling me to discreetly meet other bronies.  A Twilight Sparkle cutie mark pin on my laptop bag, for instance.

well if they ask what show i like or if i like mlp, then i will say yeah.  and i draw ponies on my notes during class.  people can't usually see them, but i was sharing my notes for our lab the other day, and someone found the pony on the back XD and she showed everyone else at the table 

I have my FB ponified, most of my Google Chrome new tab webpages are pony related, i have a file in my desktop called "MLP" with all the episodes, songs, song videos, a lot of fan mades, etc, most of my Youtube suggestions are pony related, and soon i want to have Rarity as my desktop background....

But no one ever uses my computer, and if they do, they use the guests account, and i don't have any pony merchandise (not because i don't want, i just can't find one that i like), so it wouldn't be easy at all.

I didn't tell no one about MLP. I only told a friend (who is a brony too). I live my life in a so normal way that even my mom don't realize that. And it isn't a problem. 

I didn't tell no one about MLP. I only told a friend (who is a brony too). I live my life in a so normal way that even my mom don't realize that. And it isn't a problem. 

The only thing that I have as MLP is the forums on this computer, which no one but myself can access.

I thought about getting a bracelet, but I was reminded how much people around here hate bronies. So I just stay quiet, it's for the best.

• Brohoof 1

Unless I tell them; pretty much impossible.

If there's any little thing at all that may give any semblance of a hint, it'd be the music that comes out of my laptop's speakers when I'm in my campus room which plays songs from Luna Radio which tends to be mostly instrumentals where remixed are somewhat few and far between. What's more, I don't crank up the volume and I don't need to since I tend to hold the laptop a little close to the bed when I listen to the music while lying down. Sometimes the signature "My Little Pony" motif comes along but since it's often mixed up with an otherwise unrecognizable soundtrack, they're not going to figure anything out.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty easy because I don't hide any of my pony stuff. My mom has seen my Doctor Whooves wallpaper on my laptop and not said a word about it, I have a MLP app on my iPod Touch that I've had open with friends around and I've also had no comments on that, and I've watched pony videos on YouTube in the library at my college with other people around me.

Probably not that easy... the only merch I wear is a Rarity cutie mark shirt, you'd probably have to either catch me glancing at pony stuff in stores quickly as I walk by it(almost never really stop and browse lol) or come into my room and see my MLP calender and Rarity poster to really have any idea I'm a brony irl. Not like I try to hide it really, I just tend to highly vary my interests. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I specifically shave the hair off my neck to avoid the neckbeard label. :lol:

But I don't hide it or flaunt it. I have other interests so I don't talk about it all the time. Only when it comes up usually, which is almost never outside of these forums.

• Brohoof 1

It's not hard to find out I'm a brony. I don't wear much in terms of merch, by which I mean, I don't wear any. But my phone lockscreen and wallpaper are pony related. Most of the music on my phone is music from the show/movies/remixes/MLP-inspired-stuff on youtube. If you pass me on the street, you might not know me for a brony, I suppose.

• Brohoof 1

When I go to work, I wear appropriate clothing, so no ponies there. Nobody would ever tell that I am a fan of MLP unless they see my phone's background, my computer's background or the ponies which are displayed on my desk.