Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How easy is it for people to know you're a brony?

Stone Cold Applejack

It's not easy at all for people to notice. They either have to:

A. Be one of my closest friends and not be friends with enemies AND have a very high trust bond with me.

B. Dig through my computer's files and actually recognize my Big Mac wallpaper(minimalistic)

C. Already be a brony themselves.

D. Not be my brother/mom.(they're assholes)

I'm quite secretive with my bronyism.

• Brohoof 1

Well, let's see:

-Among the Gundam, Black Rock Shooter, and Getter stickers on my laptop's lid is a DJ P0n3 sticker I bought my first year in the fandom.

-Roughly 3 to 4 DJ pins on my Bag of Holding sling among the Gundam and Kingdom Hearts ones.

-A few random fading pony stickers on the handrest of my laptop.

-Filly RBD sticker on my iPad's back.

-At least one DJ rubber bracelet on my wrist.

-I've taken to wearing the old DJ hoodie I bought at Hot Topic a few years back during the colder months. I wear the hood up occasionally but other than that...it's comfortable.

I'd say it's PRETTY damn obvious at this point. Judge it as you will, I've stopped caring about negative aspect and wear it because I feel like it. *shrug*

• Brohoof 1

MLP is almost unheard of where i am.

I live in Israel, and about one of the only franchises from America or Europe to not arrive here happened to be MLP. In fact, bronies number in the hundreds in the whole country here, if i'm not mistaken.

Given the above statement, it's unlikely i'll be flagged as a brony unless i come across another brony, which is in itself unlikely.

Edited by Terminus
  • Brohoof 1

I make a lot of fan art of Princess Luna, and show them to my classmates.  All they do is say "wow, you're good" or "beautiful".  They never mention MLP, nor do they call me a brony.  I guess just making sketches of one princess doesn't really make you considered a brony.

• Brohoof 1

You wouldn't really know that I'm a Brony unless your'e either a part of my small group of friends, online or at a convention. You'd also only know I'm a Brony if you were using my laptop or hard drive or if you visited my bedroom

• Brohoof 1

Relatively difficult.

If people look over my shoulder when I'm using my iPad or other electronic devices, they have pony wallpapers and I draw fan art on these.

Or if they see me looking through the plushie bin at Hot Topic.

Other than that, it's extremely hard to find out.

It depends entirely on whether I want you to know or not :P

Day to day you'd have no idea.  I'm your average guy.  Mildly shy, but fairly good at faking it, except when I slack at eye contact.

Out and about though I'm often wearing pony t-shirts.

And as for online.... yyyyyeah you'd have to be blind :P

Oh gosh... it's probably as easy as people knowing I have brown hair. XD

Ponies are on my purse. Ponies are on my necklaces and rings. Ponies are on my lanyard I wear at work. Ponies are on my desk. Ponies are on my phone case. Ponies are in my home. Ponies! PONIES EVERYWHERE!

• Brohoof 2

I can't keep anything secret. I don't have merch, but you can tell within 5 minutes of meeting me I'm a brony and whovian.  If I'm stuck on a problem and have a realization, I go into Tenth Doctor mode and start calculating with my new revalation, all the while speaking like the Tenth Doctor. And I mention ponies and reddit too much IRL.

• Brohoof 1

XD It's really obvious with me.

1. On the front of my binder I use at school, I have a picture of my OC my friend drew.

2. I openly talk about it sometimes during home room, and at lunch. Though me and my friends sit at the one table no one else sits at. :P yay loser table!

3. I asked for mlp necklaces and mlp dogtags for Christmas, and if I get one, I plan on wearing it to school.

4. At school, my theme for my Gmail is mlp. Anyone that sees me one email at school will know that I like the show. I actually got teased for it once. I was going to say something clever, but my mind was blank and there were two of them, so they were talking over me. :( not what I had in mind....

5. I have the plushies of the mane six on my bed, so anyone that comes over to my house will see. Also I have a lot of blind bag ponies in my room.

6. I will accidentally start singing/ humming mlp songs in public.

• Brohoof 1

Impossible. The only way to figure it out is by snooping my google drive. I suppose it could be deduced in a moment of weakness on my part (like if I'm caught humming winter wrap up or something), but pretty much nobody knows and/or cares anyway.

If you're a brony, you could figure it out pretty easily. I mean, it's not like I hide it or anything.

If you're not a brony, though, you probably won't ever figure it out. I'm not going to mention MLP unless the subject gets brought up by someone else. You'd never know unless you asked me directly.