Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia should die.

Phosphorous

If they had a good reason for it, I wouldn't mind that much. I'd rather them not, though, especially for the reason that the OP proposes. Killing off an established character just for the development of another character is mega lame.

Also, dead princesses sell less toys. 

Edited by Banul

In the show, it's shown that Celestia is becoming weaker and weaker, and more dependent on Twilight. If it were to follow this trend, eventually, her heart would just stop, and Twilight would be granted her powers.

Death could further develop her own character. Twilight would reflect on what she meant to her.

In the show, it's shown that Celestia is becoming weaker and weaker, and more dependent on Twilight. If it were to follow this trend, eventually, her heart would just stop, and Twilight would be granted her powers.

Death could further develop her own character. Twilight would reflect on what she I meant to her.

Your interpretation is that she is getting weaker? I don't know about that after seeing season after season of a major star continuing to be controlled, and Super Twilight. All that extra power didn't just come from Cadance.

No, she is still pretty powerful, just not connecting to the EoH.

• Brohoof 3

Guys, this is Friendship is Magic, not Transformers! Celestia is not Optimus Prime, Shining Armor isn't Cliffjumper, this is a light-hearted series, we don't have our favorite characters die on a whim like they did back in Transformers the Movie ('86 not Michael Bay). Any episode that involves the death of a character would clash HORRIBLY with the rest of the show, the show shouldn't even steer in that direction. It's a stupid idea and it would be jumping the shark.

Edited by The Coffee Pony

Like I suggested, not death, just trapped or sealed away somewhere, which they believe is permanent at the time.  It allows them to first experience the pain of loss, followed by some hope that she can be rescued, and finally lead to a whole story arc involving getting her back.  I know other shows have done this, so it's not out of the question if it's handled this way.