Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Ted Anderson - IDW Comics

The Coffee Pony

It's a bit disappointing, but I'd rather it not let it ruin the comics in general which have been a great source of world-building and lore-expansion as well as good humor and great storytelling.

It just makes me wonder what goes on behind IDW doors then...

• Brohoof 2

I'm fully aware of that, but I'm also not a sociopath that's going to take my dislike on him out on the rest of the staff(which is one of the many reasons I dislike boycotts, it hurts everyone involved and not just the person you dislike)

They have the power to remove him. If they don't, then its their own fault.

• Brohoof 1

Ted Anderson is personally a fucking nut ball, but writes good pony comics. (Well the last Friends Forever was sort of meh, but usually he writes good comics.) As long as he doesn't let his crazy infest the comic again, well then, whatevs. I've moved on with my life.

• Brohoof 3

So the man that insulted his audience by saying sexism against men and racism against white people is okay as its an act of rebellion is writing a comic about how Cyberbullying is bad despite the fact that in his last comic he promoted the blogs of a couple of cyberbullies who openly hate and have advocated violence towards the very fanbase of the comics he is writing for!!

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH TED!!!

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 6

Ted Anderson is personally a fucking nut ball, but writes good pony comics. (Well the last Friends Forever was sort of meh, but usually he writes good comics.) As long as he doesn't let his crazy infest the comic again, well then, whatevs. I've moved on with my life.

I'd like to think that way, but knowing someone like that is one the staff is like a bit a of cloud hanging over things. 

So the man that insulted his audience by saying sexism against men and racism against white people is okay as its an act of rebellion is writing a comic about how Cyberbullying is bad despite the fact that in his last comic he promoted the blogs of a couple of cyberbullies who openly hate and have advocated violence towards the very fanbase of the comics he is writing for!!

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH TED!!!

I'd laugh if it wasn't so so screwed up.

"Hey guys! Let's let a Tumblr-grade SJW write a comic about how bullying is wrong, I can't think of anything that could go wrong with that!

• Brohoof 3

I'm not going to hold it against anyone for wanting to drop the comic like a lead balloon (excuse the old man pun). All the points raised about him being the antithesis and opposing force of what the IP stands for are valid in my opinion.  

I think I said this earlier, but one of my allowable hypocrisies in life has been that I will enjoy art from people who I consider myself personally blessed to never have met. Even scum find their way to my bookshelf or playlist. I will still recognize the person as an asshat, but my eyeballs and earholes still want quality. Is this selfish and hypocritical, I suppose you could say that. 

• Brohoof 6

I'm not going to hold it against anyone for wanting to drop the comic like a lead balloon (excuse the old man pun). All the points raised about him being the antithesis and opposing force of what the IP stands for are valid in my opinion.  

I think I said this earlier, but one of my allowable hypocrisies in life has been that I will enjoy art from people who I consider myself personally blessed to never have met. Even scum find their way to my bookshelf or playlist. I will still recognize the person as an asshat, but my eyeballs and earholes still want quality. Is this selfish and hypocritical, I suppose you could say that. 

That sounds like me with Borderlands, one of the head writers is a total asshat that treats his fans and critics like trash but the games are just so damn awesome I can't stop playing them. 

Same things with Spoony as far as internet personalities go, he can't stop make an ass of himself about any controversial issue that pops up and his Twitter is a constant warzone but he's still one of the best critics on the internet when he's in his element and talking about weird old games/movies. 

• Brohoof 1

That sounds like me with Borderlands, one of the head writers is a total asshat that treats his fans and critics like trash but the games are just so damn awesome I can't stop playing them. 

Same things with Spoony as far as internet personalities go, he can't stop make an ass of himself about any controversial issue that pops up and his Twitter is a constant warzone but he's still one of the best critics on the internet when he's in his element and talking about weird old games/movies. 

Phil Fish is it for me. I loved Fez a lot, but Phil Fish can suck my dick. And I agree with Gearbox, a lot of the stuff they did, especially with Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever, were inexcusible, and are pretty shitty towards fans, but Borderlands and Brothers In Arms are still awesome.

As for the topic at hand, I'll just post what I said on my status update since I feel like it still applies - 

I'm not gonna lie, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, the guy has some of the most backwards ass, shittiest opinions out there, and I don't approve of him supporting two of the biggest assholes in the fandom. On the other...he's still probably the best writer at IDW's staff(I never cared for Cook/Price) and I've always been one to judge artwork on it's own right, rather than the person behind the project. I get similar feelings from Phil Fish(granted, he's nowhere near the same degree of shittiness as Anderson), he's a ginormous prick...but Fez was still awesome. And on top of that, I don't feel that boycotting the comics would work considering that it also affects other people who work on them which I don't feel is very fair to them.

Case and point, personally as long as Ted learns to keep his opinions to himself, I don't care what IDW does with him

Edited by The Sexy Pharaoh
  • Brohoof 1

Phil Fish is it for me. I loved Fez a lot, but Phil Fish can suck my dick. And I agree with Gearbox, a lot of the stuff they did, especially with Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever, were inexcusible, and are pretty shitty towards fans, but Borderlands and Brothers In Arms are still awesome.

As for the topic at hand, I'll just post what I said on my status update since I feel like it still applies - 

Oh no, as of the whole "you know what" mess(don't want to mention it by name on civil websites like this one and cause a pointless flame-war) Fish has jumped on the Tumblr-SJW bandwagon as well and started saying some of the same kind of shit DD and Ted do. 

• Brohoof 1

This is what I've ultimately decided about Dragon Dicks: She's a petty and nasty loudmouth with a tumblr which she uses to say dumb shit. She's an insignificant jerk screaming uselessly into the void.

And at the end of the day she also doesn't sincerely advocate violence against bronies and men. The things she says are stupid and offensive and she has to do some serious mental gymnastics to justify her tasteless "jokes", but they still are ultimately some weird ironic crap that I guess we don't "get" or something. For whatever reason Ted bought into her stupid reasoning and also is just "being ironic". His heart seems to be in the right place though, and I seriously doubt he'll try to slip anything like that into the comics again. Well unless he just seriously wants to keep poking the bear.

Don't allow this random idiot with a tumblr to ruin your enjoyment of pony. She's probably cackling glee over the fact that we've even given her as much attention over this that we have. She doesn't deserve anymore.

• Brohoof 5

This is what I've ultimately decided about Dragon Dicks: She's a petty and nasty loudmouth with a tumblr which she uses to say dumb shit. She's an insignificant jerk screaming uselessly into the void.

And at the end of the day she also doesn't sincerely advocate violence against bronies and men. The things she says are stupid and offensive and she has to do some serious mental gymnastics to justify her tasteless "jokes", but they still are ultimately some weird ironic crap that I guess we don't "get" or something. For whatever reason Ted bought into her stupid reasoning and also is just "being ironic". His heart seems to be in the right place though, and I seriously doubt he'll try to slip anything like that into the comics again. Well unless he just seriously wants to keep poking the bear.

Don't allow this random idiot with a tumblr to ruin your enjoyment of pony. She's probably cackling glee over the fact that we've even given her as much attention over this that we have. She doesn't deserve anymore.

Magneto's heart was is the right place to...

I ultimately agree though, aside from this mess she's been staying out of the lime-light along with the rest of her cronies and I'd to keep that way.  

Don't care, he writes good stuff. So what if his opinions differ from mine?

It's more the fact he pushed his views into the comic and supporting someone with very questionable ideological opinions that border on hate-speech in 2014 when we should all know better. 

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, the best course of action is to just move on with our lives and stop giving DD a platform for her ironic jokes or whatever. Yeah, she's annoying and I totally sympathize with anyone who wants to keep being angry about this, but whether she's genuinely disgusting or just "Ironic," she's just looking for attention, no matter what it is. Don't give it to her.

As for Ted Anderson, may he be cursed for all eternity to write for the mongrels he so apparently despises.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

Don't care, he writes good stuff. So what if his opinions differ from mine?

Ted Anderson inserted two fancharacters into the foreground, both of whom have a hatred for male bronies. On top of that, one of them advocates hate speech towards men (including using Fluttershy to spew her bigotry), and he openly supports her ideals.

No one should tolerate a person whose imbecilic opinions undermine the integrity of the franchise. Sure as hell I won't tolerate Anderson's bigotry.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 6

Ted Anderson inserted two fancharacters into the foreground, both of whom have a hatred for male bronies. On top of that, one of them advocates hate speech towards men (including using Fluttershy to spew her bigotry), and he openly supports her ideals.

No one should tolerate a person whose imbecilic opinions undermine the integrity of the franchise. Sure as hell I won't tolerate Anderson's bigotry.

Yeah, the fact a work created by someone who's vocally against that brand of toxic feminism is being used to push these ideas is what's really bugging me.  

• Brohoof 4

When I first heard of how Ted Anderson placed two fancharacters that encourage misandry, I couldn't take the comics seriously without thinking about this. You can't be sexist towards men? You can't be racist to white people? Now that's just twisted. Upon hearing that Anderson got fired, I was overjoyed about the fact that he isn't going to put his ugly ideals into a strong and pro-feminist series anymore.

...that is, until we realise that he isn't fired in the end. Apparently the next comic series deals with cyber-bullying, and I can't help but roll my eyes every time I think of this. It's like they want to make you feel sorry for Anderson, even though what he said is vile. Honestly, if you attack a group of people, be it their gender, their race or age, then people would be more disgusted about a comic about bullying than sympathise. Apologies don't work that way in the slightest.

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 6

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Ted Anderson is a dumb person with dumb opinions. But I'll be damned if the correct response is to ruin the man's life over it. I support IDW for letting him keep his job. The man just wants to write some fucking comics, and there isn't a fucking thing wrong with that. I supported Orson Scott Card when his politics threatened his livelihood, and Ted Anderson is no different.

I will not support any boycott, any censorship brigade, or any angry mobs with torches and pitchforks. He is an honest man with an honest job, and he's apparently damn good at that job. His twisted politics are his own business.

• Brohoof 2

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Ted Anderson is a dumb person with dumb opinions. But I'll be damned if the correct response is to ruin the man's life over it. I support IDW for letting him keep his job. The man just wants to write some fucking comics, and there isn't a fucking thing wrong with that. I supported Orson Scott Card when his politics threatened his livelihood, and Ted Anderson is no different.

I will not support any boycott, any censorship brigade, or any angry mobs with torches and pitchforks. He is an honest man with an honest job, and he's apparently damn good at that job. His twisted politics are his own business.

Yeah, he made a mistake with that OC, and he has a polemic but his own political views, but he don't deserves to have his blood pilled because of that. If people get offended by his point of view, that's their business, but he didn't offended anyone directly, and because of that, the consumer's reactions are far more shameful than all Ted ever did. Glad he kept his job

I would't be surprised he'll take some inspiration of his experience to make the holiday special issue  :P

I don't care if someone has different opinion than me, It's just how personal he made it. Buying from someone knowing that I am one of the people that he would assume spit in the face of, just doesn't set right.

Edited by whitetiger187
  • Brohoof 2

I supported Orson Scott Card when his politics threatened his livelihood,

Very very appropriate analogy. I disagree strongly with Cards personal views, but he wrote one of the best science fiction series in my lifetime and earned that Hugo award for Ender's game. I actually was annoyed when I was denied seeing what he would do with Superman because of the outrage of his views. 

In a way, I suppose I feel similar about Anderson (however Anderson is NOT the writer that Card is)

• Brohoof 2

I guess it depends on how big of a deal what he did is to you.

I was very tempted to not see the Enders Game movie, even though I loved the books, because I had found out about his politics and they really bugged me. What Ted did doesn't big me as much as Card's contributions to the anti LGBT cause, so in think of picking up the Spitfire comic. Long as he keeps his politics out if it. He is a pretty good writer, after all.

I hope IDW at least chewed him out, though.

Ah, so now ol' Teddy's taking the Anita Sarkeesian approach:

Criticism in any form = Cyberbullying

Remember, kids: Always go through life expecting no rebuttals to anything you say, no matter how reprehensible the worldviews you put forth really are. If anyone ever tells you that your arguments are based on strawmen, double standards and fallacies galore...they're just a TROLL and a BULLY.

826604_orig.jpg

• Brohoof 8