Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Ted Anderson - IDW Comics

The Coffee Pony

Considering how he knew DD and put her OC in the comic along with another anti brony OC as well, his adamant defense for DD and calling her offensive misandry as 'jokes', him spewing off his own brand of misandry and other racist remarks on Round Stable, and finally the she said the message was from an IDW personal, occam's razor says the possibility is pretty strong it was him even without direct evidence to say who it was.

Yeah I saw some of his comments... I can't understand how his line of thinking could even work.  Well I know that even if he isn't fired they will probably watch him like a hawk.  If he does something like this again I can almost say for certain they will cut him loose.

• Brohoof 2

Well, most comments where demanding him to be fired. Oh, and you don't need to be a genius to know that he got reprimanded. there's no need to go further

He never did such a thing, he just put an OC belonging to a person who happens to support said hateful views, you're the ones claiming to do that, nothing more. The ONLY promotion of HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE I've ever seen in this matter is yours

Should I mention him including an OC from another anti-brony who he said he thought the fandom would be more upset at (aka he knew what he was doing would piss the fandom off), him wearing misanderist shirts from DD, and his rant on Round Stable all but confirming him sharing those similar views you would find on Tumblr with the SJW crowd?

• Brohoof 4

So you disagree with the guy, ok. What does that have to do with his writing? I could see if this would have a lasting effect on the comics, but it doesn't.

Again, it's due for the fact that he plugged in ponysonas of two people who hate the customers' guts into IDW's FIM comic line, and these customers are a big base of the spinoff's income. His inclusion of two hateful people (and his selfie wearing DragonDicks's sexist T-shirt with the annual) alluded his support of their ideals. His defiant erasure of his initial apology on The Round Stable and support of DragonDicks's misandry and misogyny cements these rumors.

Also, why should I, as a customer, tolerate a person who uses IDW's and Hasbro's resources to insert antifeminist ideologies into a series created by a person who despises this brand of "feminism"?

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 5

Again, it's due for the fact that he plugged in ponysonas of two people who hate the customers' guts into IDW's FIM comic line, and these customers are a big base of the spinoff's income. His inclusion of two hateful people (and his selfie wearing DragonDicks's sexist T-shirt with the annual) alluded the idea that he supports their ideals. His defiant erasure of his initial apology on The Round Stable and support of DragonDicks's misandry and misogyny cements these rumors.

Whatever political views he holds are still irrelevant when talking about his writing. You can dissagree with him all you want, but boycotting the comics doesn't really help anyone.

Whatever political views he holds are still irrelevant when talking about his writing. You can dissagree with him all you want, but boycotting the comics doesn't really help anyone.

I don't give a damn if he's that good of an FIM writer (and he really is). When his horrid politics get shoved into the story of a franchise he merely writes for, and he advocates them off-source, then his "values" undermine the integrity of the franchise.

When he advocates such bigotry in the writing and gets away with it, then his writing doesn't matter anymore. His trust between the consumer and himself is damaged. In this case with me (and surely plenty of other people), permanently.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

Once again, it's not his personal views so much as the fact he very loudly aired them in a work that doesn't belong to him(he only writes for the book much like anyone that writes a Batman comic for DC doesn't actually own Batman or the universe) and that said views clash horribly with. 

• Brohoof 3

Once again, it's not his personal views so much as the fact he very loudly aired them in a work that doesn't belong to him(he only writes for the book much like anyone that writes a Batman comic for DC doesn't actually own Batman or the universe) and that said views clash horribly with. 

Yeah, but "very loudly" in that work consisted of inserting a couple of really obscure OCs in Easter Egg cameos. 99.9999999% of people reading the comic are not going to recognize and/or care about the OCs or even know why they're significant. It's not like Dragon Dick's OC made a whole tirade about how men are scum in the comic. His bold statement was honestly pretty weaksauce.

The bulk of the airing of his dumb opinions was online and not in the comic book.

Beyond those weird passive-aggressive cameos he's honestly done a very good job of keeping his more extreme views separate from his work.

• Brohoof 2

I don't give a damn if he's that good of an FIM writer (and he really is). When his horrid politics get shoved into the story of a franchise he merely writes for, and he advocates them off-source, then his "values" undermine the integrity of the franchise.

When he advocates such bigotry in the writing and gets away with it, then his writing doesn't matter anymore. His trust between the consumer and himself is damaged. In this case with me (and surely plenty of other people), permanently.

"Hey, yeah, Ted, I know you're damn good at your job and everything, but internet people are angry with you about politics. 'Fraid you're getting the can."

This is absurd. The man should be judged by his merits as a writer, not by his personal political views.

• Brohoof 1

"Hey, yeah, Ted, I know you're damn good at your job and everything, but internet people are angry with you about politics. 'Fraid you're getting the can."

This is absurd. The man should be judged by his merits as a writer, not by his personal political views.

People have been fired for doing such remarks as the Politically correct atmosphere leaves companies very vulnerable to getting attacked if not outright sued for insensitivity to issues. Companies like Nick fired the original voice actor for Leonardo, Jason Biggs of the new TMNT series, and Aflac firing Gilbert Gottfried for them are such examples.

Also, there's a good reason why people are concerned with his views because look to what Family guy has become because Fox allows Seth Mcfarlane to use it as his personal voice box for his extreme liberal views. It's one of the biggest reasons why the show is so hated. On the other side of the spectrum Frank Miller's own web of hate from comic book readers for espousing off his extreme conservative and sexist beliefs.

There are many good reasons why companies usually take special heed if one of their employees is starting to use their own product for their own personal political platform as not everyone is going to agree with said opinion and the more extreme that viewpoint is, the more hate he/she will garner that will only make the company look worse if they don't do something about it as he/she is representing them when using that product.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

Should I mention him including an OC from another anti-brony who he said he thought the fandom would be more upset at (aka he knew what he was doing would piss the fandom off), him wearing misanderist shirts from DD, and his rant on Round Stable all but confirming him sharing those similar views you would find on Tumblr with the SJW crowd?

Yes, true, it was a very stupid mistake from his part to put any OC in the comic, regardless if they belong to radical groups or not, but it's nothing that should be punished by defaming nor demanding his firing. You're all right to be upset about  him including HER of all kinds of people, but again, it's nothing that should warrant a retribution as disproportionate in our part, as said OC was just there and didn't even had any lines, he never expressed his absurd point of view in that comic. If he supports the SJW OUTSIDE of his work, that's his problem, not ours

• Brohoof 1

Yes, true, it was a very stupid mistake from his part to put any OC in the comic, regardless if they belong to radical groups or not, but it's nothing that should be punished by defaming nor demanding his firing. You're all right to be upset about  him including HER of all kinds of people, but again, it's nothing that should warrant a retribution as disproportionate in our part, as said OC was just there and didn't even had any lines, he never expressed his absurd point of view in that comic. If he supports the SJW OUTSIDE of his work, that's his problem, not ours

I know, but what would happen if he does decide to use the comics for it then?

Hasbro would throw his script in the trash.

Like how they manage to catch those OC characters, or the amount of other things like AJ's scene in 'simple ways' that got by the censors? They're not infallible in checking to make sure their crap doesn't get past the radar.

Like how they manage to catch those OC characters, or the amount of other things like AJ's scene in 'simple ways' that got by the censors? They're not infallible in checking to make sure their crap doesn't get past the radar.

Ted had to be really subtle by using OCs that few people would recognize. (and IDW changed their policies to stop that from happening again.)

I don't know what the big deal about AJ in Simple Ways was. She makes some kissy faces at the camera. Nobody slipped anything past Standards and Practices there.

Look, any script Ted submits is going to be looked at by a ton of people, including people at Hasbro who have a vested interest in keeping MLP uncontroversial. Any weird agenda pushing Ted wants to do will always have to be subtle to the point of being esoteric in order to survive that process.

• Brohoof 2

Ted had to be really subtle by using OCs that few people would recognize. (and IDW changed their policies to stop that from happening again.)

I don't know what the big deal about AJ in Simple Ways was. She makes some kissy faces at the camera. Nobody slipped anything past Standards and Practices there.

Look, any script Ted submits is going to be looked at by a ton of people, including people at Hasbro who have a vested interest in keeping MLP uncontroversial. Any weird agenda pushing Ted wants to do will always have to be subtle to the point of being esoteric in order to survive that process.

True, he will be scrutinized more than ever because of it.

Hasbro would throw his script in the trash.

A whole lot of this. Even if he wanted to spew his BS in comic book form, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of it passing by the censors.

To get down to brass tacks, if we pursue a firing, then it isn't for the comic's sake. There is no reason to believe that Ted's presence on the team will lead to a drop in quality or a radical leftist agenda in future books. People who want him fired only want to blacklist the man for his politics.

• Brohoof 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So... New Ted Anderson comic, are you guys going to get it?

img-3330746-1-1.jpg

I will be purchasing it. I may not agree with his views, but he's allowed to have them. They may be severely flawed in my view, but I'd rather not ignore the guys talent, nor would I want to deny the others who put their effort into creating it.

Of course I understand the issues people have with his views, and I sympathize, but I'll be purchasing the comic.

• Brohoof 3

So... New Ted Anderson comic, are you guys going to get it?

Not at all. Since Anderson was revealed to not be fired, I haven't read any of IDW's comics: If they back a person with disgusting ideals, I'm boycotting them.

I'm not breaking that promise here.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1