Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Ted Anderson - IDW Comics

The Coffee Pony

I'm sure he'll find a job working for some hyper-left wing comic that's fueled by white/male/cisgender/heterosexual guilt and finds that sort of thing funny.

Yup.

If he didn't hate bronies before (which, judging by the stuff he's posted and reblogged, he did), he sure as hell does now, seeing as horse drama got his a$$ fired.

Again, if this is true, that means he didn't listen to the cardinal rule of content creation:

Don't F*CK with the people who are you meal ticket.

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 9

The fact that this writer slipped those cameos in and passed it off as satire is disturbing. However, as far as I know, this is the first time one of the comics had done something like this, and this writer obviously does not represent the entire company, so I will not be boycotting as long as nothing like this happens again. I am sure the editors are genuinely sorry that they let this slip in.

• Brohoof 1

The fact that this writer slipped those cameos in and passed it off as satire is disturbing. However, as far as I know, this is the first time one of the comics had done something like this, and this writer obviously does not represent the entire company, so I will not be boycotting as long as nothing like this happens again. I am sure the editors are genuinely sorry that they let this slip in.

I know Breckel, the colorist is(she has no idea who the OC belonged to when she did her share of the comics art and reinstated she has no conflicts with the fandom and has nothing but love for them)

Don't F*CK with the people who are your meal ticket.

That's what the funniest part of this was to me.

The people he was essentially shooting the finger and hating on were the ones who loved his product and paid his bills. I don't like seeing people lose their jobs, but yeahh. Initially I felt bad but thought "He did it to himself" but I keeping edging closer and closer towards "Good riddance, you ungrateful bastard"

• Brohoof 5

Good, glad the whole thing is over and done with. Unfortunate that it was too late to have someone else write the upcoming Spitfire/Rainbow Dash comic, though.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they eventually ended up cancelling it :/

I'd feel really bad for the artist though if that were the case(as far as I know, he's a completely new guy)

• Brohoof 1

"By the rivers of Equestria, there we sat down, yea, we fumed, when we remembered Dragondicks.

Remember, O Celestia, the children of pone, in the day of Andersongate, who said, "Raze it, raze it, even to the foundation."

O Ted Anderson, who art to be dismissed. Happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and stricketh thy writing job against the stones."

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 5

and this writer obviously does not represent the entire company,

That's kind of where you're wrong...I mean, you're right technically, in that his views don't actually speak for everyone else at IDW. But as far as a company's image is concerned, they kind of do.

The cardinal rule about being a business (or any organization that wants to be taken seriously) is that everything your employees/members do ultimately reflects back on your entity as a whole. You can argue as to whether or not this is right, but be that as it may, cutting off radical and ill-behaved employees like a diseased limb is honestly the best way for a company to save face in situations such as these.

Because honestly, lost sales is what they fear most. You don't have to actually boycott the product, but as long as threats of a boycott are present...yeah, it's gonna be IDW's best interest to give ol' Teddy the slip.

• Brohoof 2

This is so strange. Is there a precedent for screening comic writers to make sure they don't have utter contempt for the target audience? Watch, we'll wake up tomorrow and find out half the writing team for the comic is Hydra.

That's kind of where you're wrong...I mean, you're right technically, in that his views don't actually speak for everyone else at IDW. But as far as a company's image is concerned, they kind of do.

The cardinal rule about being a business (or any organization that wants to be taken seriously) is that everything your employees/members do ultimately reflects back on your entity as a whole. You can argue as to whether or not this is right, but be that as it may, cutting off radical and ill-behaved employees like a diseased limb is honestly the best way for a company to save face in situations such as these.

Because honestly, lost sales is what they fear most. You don't have to actually boycott the product, but as long as threats of a boycott are present...yeah, it's gonna be IDW's best interest to give ol' Teddy the slip.

It's happened before (severing bad eggs from your company to save face), and if Bioware is an example, not doing it causes a host of problems and ultimately, fan detachment that leads to abandoned ships (f*cking Casey Hudson).

In this case, yes, your employees' actions represent your product (sseing as he makes the damn thing).

I'm not boycotting though, since that would imply I have money to buy them :comeatus:

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 2

This is so strange. Is there a precedent for screening comic writers to make sure they don't have utter contempt for the target audience? Watch, we'll wake up tomorrow and find out half the writing team for the comic is Hydra.

Considering what I've learned in the gamergate scandal, I wouldn't be surprised if IDW is dominated by crazy SJWS. This wouldn't be the first time they've infested and tainted something with their illogical agendas. Than again I haven't read the rest of this thread so I dunno if it was confirmed that it's just this one guy being a douchenozzle.

Hey, as long as they aren't radical feminist SJW brony-haters, they can be...sh*t...part of the Legion of Doom or something.

MEANWHILE, AT IDW HQ...

Legion_of_Doom_Headquarters.jpg

CRAZY SH*T IS GOING DOWN

Edited by Dattebayo

This is semi-off topic, but I've been informed the owner of the OC went as far as claim that any rape survivors that defended molestia(or don't buy into rape-culture being a thing) must have been lying about being raped, especially if they were male. 

So yeah, she's a piece of work. 

People like that need to learn what black comedy is. For realzies.

• Brohoof 1

Two weeks later, EQD leaks a surveillance video of Anderson wiping himself with a Pinkie Pie plushie, and then the crap really hits the fan. IDW will have no choice but to fire him and require all their writers take educational courses, or something.

• Brohoof 1

People like that need to learn what black comedy is. For realzies.

Tumblr is no place for dark humor, my friend. I should know. I received anon hate for a bit for telling a Tumblr bot it reminded me of my favorite abortion.

Yeah, it's crass. Dark humor usually is. That's the point.

Two weeks later, EQD leaks a surveillance video of Anderson wiping himself with a Pinkie Pie plushie, and then the crap really hits the fan. IDW will have no choice but to fire him and require all their writers take educational courses, or something.

That's primetime coverage, right there.

Only on Horse News.

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 1

Considering what I've learned in the gamergate scandal, I wouldn't be surprised if IDW is dominated by crazy SJWS. This wouldn't be the first time they've infested and tainted something with their illogical agendas. Than again I haven't read the rest of this thread so I dunno if it was confirmed that it's just this one guy being a douchenozzle.

They actually voiced disapproval and fired his ass(and Breckal has smackdowned Dragondicks on Tumblr)

• Brohoof 2

Well, it's not confirmed yet, it's all just emails at this point.

It'd be a shame if this news was false.

Until confirmation, I'm holding off celebrating fully.

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 2

owneddancekm3.gif

There's some justice after all in this world after all.

Eeyup, I've honestly gained a lot of respect for IDW for how quickly and cleanly they handled this(and the fact that didn't try to make any excuses for it)

I certainly do hope the e-mail's legit.

I also hope IDW pledges to strike DD's OC from all future reprints of the offending issue so that I can take this smug pic, edit in a big ol' stamp saying [RETCONNED] and submit it to Ask Fury Belle.

And all will be right with the world once more. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Well, this part of it's over...

I certainly do hope the e-mail's legit.

I also hope IDW pledges to strike DD's OC from all future reprints of the offending issue so that I can take this smug pic, edit in a big ol' stamp saying [RETCONNED] and submit it to Ask Rage Belle.

And all will be right with the world once more. :lol:

I agree with that, firing or reassigning Anderson was one goal, but in my opinion the main goal should be getting this OC edited out of the comic.

• Brohoof 2

Well he brought it on himself. Anyway I'm glad that IDW has listened to the concerns of their customers and has recognized that sexist and racist behavior isn't acceptable and that no person being vocal with these views is fit to work on comics for MLP. I will now happily keep buying their comics from here onwards.

• Brohoof 2