Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think the Equestrian empire is too perfect for a cartoon...

Lemon Slices

In my opinion, Equestria is too perfect. And that is a problem. I think Hasbro could show the rise of Equestria, against the evil forces that ponies had to combat to expand the empire. It could be more interesting. Showing the perfect economy and society of their actual world would soon lead to boredom.

One could say: "But Equestria still has conflicts". I know. But those conflicts don't delevop the story as well as showing the formation of Empire. Let's be honest, 90% of the show are still mystery, and that actual conflicts don't solve less than 11%.

Just think about it. I will understand any critics around that topic.

That would be interesting. 

Like an episode addressing the formation of Equestria, like a continuation from Hearth's Warming Eve? 

That would be nice. Thanks for writing the name of the episode, I was forgotten. But instead of showing one episode, why don't show a group of episodes, or an entire season?

Equestrian isn't really an Empire so much as a Queendom. Or Princessdom, as it were. I'm not sure if "expanding" in an aggressive manner is something the ponies are usually down for, though Appleloosa did seem that way. They might have expanded simply by pushing other species out of land through natural growth of their population but I doubt it was through military action as the term "Empire" would imply.

I do agree it would be interesting to see some of the failings of their nation, but that might come up in the next season considering Twilight's role as a Princess plus the fact that they will likely be traveling around to solve problems as shown in some of the previews.

I completely disagree -- Tons of its NORMAL citizens are jerks, brats, rude/selfish/greedy and so on... There are griffons who seem to hate them nearby... Changelings who see them as food... A roving god of chaos who may never be as truly 'redeemed' as he'd like for them to believe... Loads of super-dangerous areas full of frightening, intimidating, and at times just plain evil denizens like the Everfree Forest and the chimera's and hydra's swamps... and let's not forget regular attacks by various evil forces that have grudges against Celestia or all ponykind, artifacts of great and terrible power and even otherwise good ponies that can have 'moments of darkness' like Luna and all of the mane 6 have been shown to, more or less.

For the nature of what the cartoon is and who it's aimed at, I actually worry at times it's *TOO* imperfect, and even a bit scary.

Edited by hip-indeed
  • Brohoof 2

This is actually a great idea! Showing how EVERYTHING was developed! The base of the story could be ponies at school in history class, and they're learning how Equestria came to be. I agree with you when you say it would get boring. 

You know the first ruler of Equestria was a madman who spent all the time making clouds rain chocolate, right?

I think Equestria is FAR from perfect. I mean, perfection means NO problems at all. The only thing that happens is that the trouble that they always come across are not lethal or mortal.

Equestria's economy is messed up. In Equestria, you can probably legally sell an apple for 1 bit to one customer but charge 10 bits for another. (Something similar to this happened with a cherry in "Putting your Hoof Down.")

Also, Equestria has been invaded multiple times. Based on words they use at times, they are possibly familiar with war meaning they went to war. Equestria was under the rule of Discord for who knows how long. 

Equestria may look like a nice place to live, but it is far from perfect. They have a poor economy system, they don't seem to have anything to prevent unicorns from stealing that we know of, they get invaded often, the protection of Equestria rests on six ponies being friends, You can put your friends up for slavery. I would not want to live in Equestria. 

You know the first ruler of Equestria was a madman who spent all the time making clouds rain chocolate, right?

I think Equestria is FAR from perfect. I mean, perfection means NO problems at all. The only thing that happens is that the trouble that they always come across are not lethal or mortal.

What? I didn't know about that.

Which episode shows that Discord ruled Equestria?

What? I didn't know about that.

Which episode shows that Discord ruled Equestria?

There is mentioned multiple times, that Discord ruled Equestria long before Celestia and Luna used the elements on him. 

There is mentioned multiple times, that Discord ruled Equestria long before Celestia and Luna used the elements on him. 

Ah, I know that episodes, but I've thought Discord was an invader, you know, a simple villain. When he turned Equestria to chaos, I've thought he was a threat, not the RULER.

Equestria's economy is messed up. In Equestria, you can probably legally sell an apple for 1 bit to one customer but charge 10 bits for another. (Something similar to this happened with a cherry in "Putting your Hoof Down.")

That's normal in a pre-fiat economy. The idea of set prices that do not require haggling was groundbreaking back in 1869 when Timothy Eaton opened up a dry goods store in St. Mary's, Ontario, Canada, and made 'no haggling' a rule for his store. The concept spread like wildfire, but it was revolutionary at the time. This set the stage for inflation, and for the later fiat currencies where they got rid of the silver and gold standards. I think we can assume that Equestria hasn't has the pony equivalent of Eatons yet.

Yet. :)