Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does 'friendship' mean to you?

Giygas

Friendship is tolerating each others' stupid antics, helping each other when needed, to work together to have some marvelous fun, to share each others' secret and actually keep them a secret... Friendship is a lot of things, you can't put it into words.

As a word of wisdom I once heard... The blood of covenant is thicker than the water of womb.

• Brohoof 2

I don't have an overemotional tragic analogy to describe what it means to me, but it certainly does mean a lot. It's extremely gratifying when you finally manage to achieve that rare union of closeness and trust that is very hard to find in most people. Friends aren't just people you gossip with or have sleepovers with. It goes to a deeper and more emotional level for me. I've only found one friend who would fit my weird criteria thing. It's really... really hard to get to friendship with that level. 

I overlooked this recently but this makes the most sense to me. I find it ridiculously hard forming a rare union of closeness and trust with somebody due to emotional blindness, but it's not impossible. I always used to have this assumption that friendship was just hanging out with friends and doing practical stuff, but that was only because I never understood the emotional component of it.

I think I might be able to fix that by expanding on my creative writing, or at least find other alternatives that can make articulation a lot easier.

• Brohoof 1

Friendship is when we give of ourselves to be there for somebody else, and when they do the same in return.  It's not just sharing the same interests, or being together frequently - I would call that being acquaintances.  Rather, a friend is someone who gives up their time to listen, or to help you with a task, or to keep pace with you when everyone else would speed past, or to buy you a drink at the end of a bad day, or who spends a great deal of energy just to see you.  Staying friends with others becomes more difficult as we get older, move to new places, and adopt more responsibilities, but it's when you grow up that you discover who your true friends are.

Unfortunately for me, that meant giving up one of my best friends, whom I had known for nineteen years, but for all the energy I had given him, the return was causing considerably more harm than good.  In the past, I had thought that having a lot of friends was ideal, but now I think that it isn't important to have so many friends, but to just have a few really good ones.

• 1 month later...

Friendship is having that person who doesn't judge you for who you are, to have fun, and stuff like that.

To me, I'd rather have 1, 2, or 3 good friends then have a thousand shitty friends.

Because Friendship is Magic.

P.S. Does anyone think an MLP FiM Episode revolving around "It's better to have a small group of great friends rather then having a bunch of crappy friends" Would that be a good idea?

Friendship is that feeling of love that bonds you to another person, a magical feeling stronger than any bond of blood, because it is a bond of emotion! not one based on bodily fluids.

it is when you find something with in another human, or even animal! and you find yourself thinking of that person and want to stand beside them.

when you are loyal and trusting!

this is friendship and true friendship is rare in this life, sadly we must put up with so much lip service before we finally find it, and when we do find it, we know it.

• Brohoof 1

Friendship is defined by a relationship of those who care about you and are willing to listen to you. They will hang out with you and have fun with you. An ideal one will sacrifice things for you, but many will not.

• 2 weeks later...